PDA

View Full Version : If Danny Green wasnt traded with Kawhi, how many wins would they have won..how far can they go?

apalisoc_9
05-06-2019, 04:18 PM
Most media guys agree adding Danny Green was unnecessary. So lets play X and Os. If he was never traded..

Would Derrick white get the minutes hes getting?
How about bryn forbes?
Hoe much would he have changed the rotation?

Less minutes for mills?

apalisoc_9
05-06-2019, 04:21 PM
Derrick White - Danny Green - Dqemar Derozan - Rudy Gay - Lamarcus Aldridge

Only team in the playoffs that is taller than San Antonio eith that lineup is Philly.

Seems like a dramatic difference compared to

Mills - Forbes - Derozan - Gay - Adridge.

That's 10 inches of a difference in height.

GreekSpursfan
05-06-2019, 04:26 PM
Most media guys agree adding Danny Green was unnecessary. So lets play X and Os. If he was never traded..

Would Derrick white get the minutes hes getting?
How about bryn forbes?
Hoe much would he have changed the rotation?

Less minutes for mills?

Less mins for mills is out of the question because Mills is a bench guy. Less mins for White and Forbes comes in to play and would hinder their development and wouldn't add much to final outcome of the season. Best case scenario we go to the WCF and lose in 5 games to the Warriors. I think it is pretty obvious at this point why Pop decided to let go of Danny Green. Also Danny Green was regressing before our very eyes and needed a change of scenery tbh.

look_at_g_shred
05-06-2019, 04:30 PM
Same result. He would've been getting burned by Murray just as bad as mills/forbes did.

apalisoc_9
05-06-2019, 04:35 PM
Same result. He would've been getting burned by Murray just as bad as mills/forbes did.

Green is doing well defensively with the raptors tbh

ducks
05-06-2019, 04:42 PM
Depends if green got white treatment

timvp
05-06-2019, 04:47 PM
I'm a big Green fan but I don't think much would have changed. Green's value is a role player on a championship caliber team. Put him on anything less than that and he's not nearly as valuable.

Even if you replace Belinelli with Green, you'd be looking at the same picture: 46-50 wins in the regular season, coin-flip series vs the Nuggets and Blazers of the league.

apalisoc_9
05-06-2019, 05:02 PM
I'm a big Green fan but I don't think much would have changed. Green's value is a role player on a championship caliber team. Put him on anything less than that and he's not nearly as valuable.

Even if you replace Belinelli with Green, you'd be looking at the same picture: 46-50 wins in the regular season, coin-flip series vs the Nuggets and Blazers of the league.

Disgaree. Green completely changes the schemes. Sure I doubt its going to change much in the regular season, but having Danny Green completely eliminates the short combos and lineups we've seen pop used repeatedly.

The raptors is a perfect example. Nurse plays two midgets..benches one and it completely changed the overall offensive and defensive schemes.

Are they drastically better...no, but plenty of evidence that suggest Greens prescnene would have covered the defects Denver exploited.

Sure they probably lose against the warriors eventually but considering the weak bracket and Currys weak ankles...who knows.

They definitely would have been favourites over Portland imo.

RC_Drunkford
05-06-2019, 05:04 PM
I think Belinelli would've been the odd man out and only gotten spot minutes. Wouldn't have changed much in the regular season, but we'd probably beat the Nuggets with him since it was a series that came down to 2 posessions basically and none of our bench players couldn't hit anything from 3 anyway.

MultiTroll
05-06-2019, 05:16 PM
Would characterize Game 4 every bit as much a 6ers choke as a Raptors W.
Nothing Green did to dramatically help the win. He had a real costly 5th foul too. But Embiid choked 3 of 4 FTs and missed a 3 footer too.

Brent Pop refusing to unleash the Boban and give stomach flu Embiid a break was a mistake imo.

Down Under
05-06-2019, 09:30 PM
I love Danny, but at least we don't have to pay him $15mil/yr for a 32 year old

Floyd Pacquiao
05-06-2019, 09:37 PM
If he takes bellinelli spot the spurs aren't getting a train ran on them as bad by Denver's bench scrubs Barton and that other guard I can't remember his name. Derrick white gets to rest for offense too probably not being the only primary defender this badly put together roster has.

cjw
05-06-2019, 11:45 PM
They still would have won all the wins.

I love Danny, but at least we don't have to pay him $15mil/yr for a 32 year old

He was an expiring contract when they traded him and it was after free agency. There is absolutely nothing wrong with paying him that kind of coin.

He killed it by advanced stat measures this year and was one of the best role playing wings in the league. Kawhi took the season off defensively and a large part of that was on Danny.

R. DeMurre
05-06-2019, 11:46 PM

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2019, 12:06 AM
he be the same pos the year he left the spurs, even if its contract year he wont be playing like he is at raptors for the spurs...this guy skillset is so limited, he rather be at the club bouncing to hoes

Down Under
05-07-2019, 12:40 AM

He was an expiring contract when they traded him and it was after free agency. There is absolutely nothing wrong with paying him that kind of coin.

He killed it by advanced stat measures this year and was one of the best role playing wings in the league. Kawhi took the season off defensively and a large part of that was on Danny.

He's still great & is well worth it this season, but he'll be gunning for a 3 year contract this offseason. Signing a 32 year old guard to that is some risk as the decline normally begins around this age.

Chinook
05-07-2019, 01:46 AM

I think there's something to contract-year Green. Danny is definitely most helpful to a contender, but to be effective, all he needs is a guard who can get him the ball. I think DeRozan and White could have done that. I also believe that PATFO would have not signed Beli, which may have freed up the MLE for someone else.

Honestly, I think if White were just healthy the whole year, the Spurs would have been a real threat for the three-seed. Having better defense AND better shooting and then getting all those games of a White/DeRozan/Green perimeter should have been enough to give them the three-seed without a ton of stress.

D-Robinson 50 fan
05-07-2019, 08:34 AM
We would've been better for sure. Danny would've shot better with White and DeRozan being able to break down defenses and kicking to him for open shots. One of the reasons he shot so well with Toronto this season is because they had more than 1 consistent player who could drive and kick