PDA

View Full Version : Does Durant still leave if GS three-peat?

Spurtacular
05-07-2019, 02:11 AM
This deserves to be upstairs because the ramifications are obviously seismic for the league and the Spurs.

It's becoming more and more apparent that Durant will leave if the Warriors fail to win the ring this season. It's readily more apparent that
he does not want his legacy minimized by having to tether himself to an "MVP" such as Curry. (Too late, but that's how this beta thinks nonetheless.)
And this is to say nothing of big market ramifications and however they would appeal to him.

The question is if the Warriors three-peated, would this create any sort of internal desire to "make history" and stay, or rather would it be enough?

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-rumors-warriors-bracing-seismic-163653894.html

FrostKing
05-07-2019, 02:37 AM
If I'm him I return on a 1-Year contract. Warriors will likely require a small retooling anyway since the bench has deteriorated. Especially if Thompson leaves.

That would formulate enough of a "challenge" in Durant's little head

tbdog
05-07-2019, 03:02 AM
I called it last offseason. He is going to New York.

cutewizard
05-07-2019, 04:39 AM
Durant to the Spurs would be unbelievable

sananspursfan21
05-07-2019, 06:55 AM
Let’s get him for the vet min!

MultiTroll
05-07-2019, 07:23 AM
Stays in his comfy confines of the Gay Area if they 3 peat.

Leaves if they do not.

kaji157
05-07-2019, 08:52 AM
If Thompsons leaves he will leave, he is just ring chasing and doesn't want to make an effort in a team that is not overly stacked.

exstatic
05-07-2019, 09:15 AM
Word (anonymous, but multiple) from the GS locker room is that he is gone.

RD2191
05-07-2019, 09:40 AM
KD is a bitch made nigga, so who knows tbh.

R. DeMurre
05-07-2019, 10:15 AM
The Knicks rumor is so prevalent now that it's hard to ignore, but then again the Paul George to the Lakers rumor was supposedly even more solid, and that turned out to be wrong. I still don't see why Durant would want to start over teaming up with James Dolan on a team that has been terribly managed for many years...
If Golden State wins it this year, there is the legacy thing with a fourpeat, which is something no modern player has accomplished. That would be a reason to sign a one year deal, at the least. But I can also see why after winning three titles (and possibly three consecutive Finals MVPs), Durant would be ready to move on and leave behind someone as difficult as Draymond.

ZeusWillJudge
05-07-2019, 10:43 AM
Yes. He'll come straight to SA and sign for the MLE.

I've been hearing a LOT of talk about Durant by the commentators lately. They're comparing him to all the greatest all-time players, saying he's doing all the things that LeBron did, that he's better than Duncan, etc. It's like they all get the same script. I think the point is that he needs a team of his own. That's a story that sells, and they are all over it. I think Durant will be, too.

I think he's smart enough to know that going to the East will just about guarantee that he at least makes it to the playoffs, which will "prove" that he can do it all by himself. The Knicks look like a natural choice. They have a vacuum left by Kristaps, and they'll be getting Zion.

Seventyniner
05-07-2019, 11:28 AM
The Knicks rumor is so prevalent now that it's hard to ignore, but then again the Paul George to the Lakers rumor was supposedly even more solid, and that turned out to be wrong. I still don't see why Durant would want to start over teaming up with James Dolan on a team that has been terribly managed for many years...

I don't think the Paul George comparison is appropriate. PG was under contract when he talked about going to the Lakers, and by the time he actually got the opportunity (post-trade) to sign there he reupped with OC instead. Durant, on the other hand, will be a free agent and has already left a (supposedly) good situation once.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-07-2019, 11:51 AM
Go Rockets!!!

#TexanPride
#CaliforniaTooLate
#TexasStillGreat

RC_Drunkford
05-07-2019, 05:04 PM
If Golden State wins it this year, there is the legacy thing with a fourpeat, which is something no modern player has accomplished. That would be a reason to sign a one year deal, at the least. But I can also see why after winning three titles (and possibly three consecutive Finals MVPs), Durant would be ready to move on and leave behind someone as difficult as Draymond.

If he rings with the shit show franchise that the New York Knicks have been for about 20 years he will be in the GOAT conversation

paperboy77
05-07-2019, 05:56 PM
Durant to the Spurs would be unbelievable

cutewizard
05-07-2019, 06:01 PM
Anything is possible .....

Durant teams up with Pop, White and company, wow

cutewizard
05-07-2019, 06:02 PM
Word (anonymous, but multiple) from the GS locker room is that he is gone.

That would be sweet, effectively ending the GS title runs

paperboy77
05-07-2019, 06:04 PM

The Dubs look to be in serious trouble vs Hou. I think KD is gone after that.

The Paul George deal is not a good comparison due to diva James and the aura he gives off. It was sorta predictable that PG wasn’t Inyo that drama. I think going to NY is more like LBJ winning one for Cle. NY hasn’t won in so long winning again would be huge. Despite Dolan I can totally see some accomplished stars joining KD in NY to make a run. I’d be all for that.

Spurtacular
05-07-2019, 08:42 PM
If Thompsons leaves he will leave, he is just ring chasing and doesn't want to make an effort in a team that is not overly stacked.

Media loves to sell Klaynus leaving in the headlines. But then if you look at the fine print, he is staying.

https://sports.yahoo.com/klay-thompson-reportedly-could-lean-233913712.html

Dverde
05-07-2019, 08:57 PM
I could see him going to Brooklyn. He is gone regardless.

GreekSpursfan
05-07-2019, 09:30 PM
One thing is for sure, he won't be a Spur any time soon but his decision should and probably will affect our plans moving forward. If the Warriors somehow end up keeping Klay and Snake the window remains shut, if he joins Nephew to the Clippers the same but if he goes to NY then the window opens and we should be more aggressive going forward.

RC_Drunkford
05-08-2019, 07:02 PM
Let's just hope he goes to the Knicks or Nets. That would make the West wide open

sananspursfan21
05-08-2019, 07:20 PM
If he rings with the shit show franchise that the New York Knicks have been for about 20 years he will be in the GOAT conversation

If he does that, hate him like I do, I will respect his game a little more if this happens. But there’s no way :lol

Spurtacular
05-08-2019, 11:23 PM
Torn achilles for beta?

Leetonidas
05-08-2019, 11:27 PM
:wow holy shit if dominoes tore his Achilles. The entire power balance in the nba will shift

r0drig0lac
05-08-2019, 11:30 PM
welp...

TimDunkem
05-08-2019, 11:31 PM
He's definitely going to the Knicks.

I mean...come on. Doesn't it seem like such a fucking Knicks' move to sign a gimpy post-torn achilles Durant en route to a disappointing season after a summer of hype? :lol

cjw
05-08-2019, 11:33 PM
This is Curry, Thompson and Green’s team now.

Durant’s on/off in the regular season was +16.7 and in the playoffs +20.1.

Curry’s similar in regular season, but not good in playoffs. And actually better with Klay on bench in regular season and playoffs.

coachmac87
05-08-2019, 11:35 PM
:wow holy shit if dominoes tore his Achilles. The entire power balance in the nba will shift

Good chance he misses most if not all of next year if so....

TimDunkem
05-08-2019, 11:37 PM
Calf sprain. Change your pants, people.

DPG21920
05-08-2019, 11:38 PM
Damn that is great news. Glad KD was not too badly injured. That would have been devastating

cjw
05-08-2019, 11:39 PM
Calf sprain. Change your pants, people.

:rollin

This might be perfect opportunity for Durant now if Warriors blow this series to point out that he’s the reason for success.

r0drig0lac
05-09-2019, 12:13 AM
Looney carrying these kids

Nathan89
05-09-2019, 12:18 AM
This win just increased the chances of him leaving.