PDA

View Full Version : Serious question about trading LaMarcus?

jermaine
05-10-2019, 06:03 AM
I know he said he wants to be back in Portland one day, an he's not getting any younger. But with the success Portland is having, why would they mess up their team for a ball stopping diva like him? Especially if they go to the WCF. Idk if they're good enough to Chip this yr with the way the Bucks are playing, but LMA wouldn't be there answer. But I just get the feeling its trading him now or never for the Spurs. But he's definitely not a Spurs type player. I'd rather keep DDR over LMAany day. At least DDR plays with heart an passion. Real thoughts anyone??

cutewizard
05-10-2019, 06:17 AM
Arya rules

playblair
05-10-2019, 06:19 AM
ddr plays with passion? wtf series did you watch ddr is SAWFT sawftttttttttttttttttt

trade both

Twisted_Dawg
05-10-2019, 06:20 AM
OP I think you lost us at DDR plays with heart and passion.

offset formation
05-10-2019, 07:57 AM
OP I think you lost us at DDR plays with heart and passion.

This. WTF has OP been watching for the past two seasons? LMA's heart is quite literally the only thing that kept us afloat in 2018, and according to Pop, he was their heart and soul again this year, busting his ass.

This post, and the similar BS takes from duncan2k5 leave me at a loss if they're just blind, ignorant of human character, biased, or all three.

Pathetic effort.

MultiTroll
05-10-2019, 08:28 AM
according to Pop, he was their heart and soul again this year, busting his ass.
according to Pop, Patty Mills is the leader of the team.

BackHome
05-10-2019, 09:14 AM
Plays with heart :spin I guess you could have said extremely smart player :spin

offset formation
05-10-2019, 09:47 AM
according to Pop, Patty Mills is the leader of the team.

Listen to the postgame pressers. I do. Every game.

Patty gets praise for having the corporate knowledge which is what you're referencing.
When he talks about the overall contribution from LMA, you understand whom he thinks is the leader of that team. In fact, he says that directly after some games.

MultiTroll
05-10-2019, 09:52 AM
Listen to the postgame pressers. I do. Every game.

Patty gets praise for having the corporate knowledge which is what you're referencing.
When he talks about the overall contribution from LMA, you understand whom he thinks is the leader of that team. In fact, he says that directly after some games.
Ok, well check LMAs playoff record without Kwa or Duncan leading him.

He has had some fantastic games, no argument here. But is strictly a #2 or even #3 if a team wants to sniff the Conf Finals. Let alone Finals. At his peak wonder what some of the contenders would have parted with thinking LMA would get them over the hump. Probably a shit load of draft picks.

RC_Drunkford
05-10-2019, 10:29 AM
LA is a solid 2nd option. Which is why he was signed here in the first place. To be a 2nd option to Kawhi. Keep him on the team and get a legit 1st option, not a 3rd option/6th man caliber player like DeRozan

Strategic
05-10-2019, 10:44 AM
He’ll need to fake an injury then sit out a year first. That’s how we roll.

offset formation
05-10-2019, 11:01 AM
LA is a solid 2nd option. Which is why he was signed here in the first place. To be a 2nd option to Kawhi. Keep him on the team and get a legit 1st option, not a 3rd option/6th man caliber player like DeRozan

Yep. People seem to forget that LMA came here to play with Kawhi, and be the #1.B if not #2. He was never supposed to be the top or #1.A and any criticism of him for failing to carry the team further is simply misplaced.

phxspurfan
05-10-2019, 01:06 PM

:wakeup

jermaine
05-10-2019, 01:48 PM
Soooooo, I'm wrong in my opinion guys?

JeffDuncan
05-10-2019, 08:17 PM
If it were a serious discussion, which it isn't, but if it were, here's what you have to get back, or scrounge up somewhere, in a trade for LMA.

A player who can start in 81 regular season games.

Who can play 33 minutes per game.

Score 21.3 points per game, on average.

Get 9.2 rebounds per game, on average, with 1/3 of those being offensive rebounds.

So who do you have in mind to trade him for, who will give you more than that? Seriously.

Being available to play matters. Points matter. Rebounds matter. Seriously.

GAustex
05-10-2019, 08:26 PM
I was impressed with LMA this year
He ran the floor hard all year
DDR is the problem
And Mills

GreekSpursfan
05-10-2019, 09:11 PM
Trade him and DDR for a box of cookies? Sure. Unfortunately we'll have to wait a couple of years and then our suffering will come to an end, i hope.

tbdog
05-10-2019, 10:44 PM
I was impressed with LMA this year
He ran the floor hard all year
DDR is the problem
And Mills

DD outplayed LMA in the playoffs.

RC_Drunkford
05-11-2019, 04:46 AM
Rockets Warriors is a simple example why you need LA. Rockets couldn't play Capela a lot cause he has 0 post game

jermaine
05-11-2019, 07:02 AM
I mean, I'm an open minded guy an I'm ok with being told my thoughts are crazy. I dont care about the regular season. LMA rarely did his turn around jumper for crying out loud. An everyone talks so much about how our system is so complexed, but everyone expect DDR to show up an be God. I'm saying my thoughts on the basis that LMA wants to end his career with Portland. I'm sure he's not waiting till his game falls off then try to go. If they dont win it all, I'm sure he'd love to say he was the reason they got back an won it all. Plus I actually like pieces that Portland has that would go well with our young core.

Play Boban
05-11-2019, 07:53 AM

:wow

:lol

:lmao

RC_Drunkford
05-11-2019, 03:43 PM
What's most interesting is moving him as a 7 million guaranteed contract for some young talent. I think that could actually work

GAustex
05-11-2019, 05:45 PM
DD outplayed LMA in the playoffs.
IMHO
DDR is cancerous; the stank around him pulls everyone down especially at crucial moments
Mills just isn’t any good
SA would be better w/o both
Assuming they could get a couple of decent replacements who can defend and make an open shot at a reasonable percentage

Portnoy1000
05-11-2019, 06:17 PM
Agreed about DDR, when you look at his numbers they're solid. 21pts 6ast 6rbs I believe. Spurs haven't had a perimeter put up all around numbers like that since Alvin Robertson (yeah, think about that for a sec). However, this being a closer thing and his attitude is more concerning than the numbers. He reminds me a little if another D.R. - Dennis Rodman. Dude had incredible rebounding stats but couldn't be counted on to lead, or keep his composure when things were going bad. DDR gets techs at inopportune times and can't raise up his teammates with things are going bad.

mo7888
05-11-2019, 06:59 PM
Portland would seem like the most logical choice followed by Phoenix. We'd have to take back a bad contract to make numbers work but I am curious what asset we might be able to get in the deal.

duncan2k5
05-12-2019, 01:56 PM
Yep. People seem to forget that LMA came here to play with Kawhi, and be the #1.B if not #2. He was never supposed to be the top or #1.A and any criticism of him for failing to carry the team further is simply misplaced.

Sounds good to say on paper... The problem is he CAN'T be a second option... His pride won't allow it... He left Portland for that reason... He played horribly and pouted here when Kawhi was the first option... Then this year when DDR was the clear first option early on he struggled mightily... The guy is a bad apple... Trade now while u can!

tbdog
05-12-2019, 03:03 PM
IMHO
DDR is cancerous; the stank around him pulls everyone down especially at crucial moments
Mills just isn’t any good
SA would be better w/o both
Assuming they could get a couple of decent replacements who can defend and make an open shot at a reasonable percentage

I hate this. DD was loved in Toronto. Loved by his coach and teammates. ST is quick to point out DD flaws and call DD out when Leonard picked his pocket on the second last possession, but then give LMA a pass when he scored 6 points in the same game.

Realdeal1
05-12-2019, 06:21 PM
If Spurs were to trade LA back to Portland what could we realistically get back for him from the blazers?

james evans
05-12-2019, 10:45 PM
Rockets Warriors is a simple example why you need LA. Rockets couldn't play Capela a lot cause he has 0 post game
The most shocking thing is that YOU HAVE ELVIN HAYES AND HAKEEM IN YOUR FUCKING ORGANIZATION!!!! These guys had tons of post moves. Hakkem probably has hundreds and Capela doesn't have one fucking move!! Not one he can go to.. How is this possible?

Nathan89
05-13-2019, 12:48 AM

Spurs aren't going to be able to get that caliber of player.

Nathan89
05-13-2019, 12:50 AM

They couldn't play him because he has zero game period. He is only useful vs bad defenses that let Harden pass it to him right at the rim.

TimDunkem
05-13-2019, 01:44 AM
The most shocking thing is that YOU HAVE ELVIN HAYES AND HAKEEM IN YOUR FUCKING ORGANIZATION!!!! These guys had tons of post moves. Hakkem probably has hundreds and Capela doesn't have one fucking move!! Not one he can go to.. How is this possible?

He's just not good. Some players are all height and athleticism.

Look at Dwert: He had Gasol, Kareem, Ewing, and Hakeem to teach him and he still never developed one single consistent post move. :lmao

exstatic
05-13-2019, 01:35 PM
Portland would seem like the most logical choice followed by Phoenix. We'd have to take back a bad contract to make numbers work but I am curious what asset we might be able to get in the deal.

Why would you trade a 21/9 guy for a bad contract? Do you think that bad contract guy is going to take you further in the playoffs?

mo7888
05-13-2019, 04:40 PM
Why would you trade a 21/9 guy for a bad contract? Do you think that bad contract guy is going to take you further in the playoffs?

Because of the asset/assets being attached.

I don't know if it'll take us farther or not until I know what we would be getting for taking in the bad contract.

ceperez
05-13-2019, 06:06 PM
I know he said he wants to be back in Portland one day, an he's not getting any younger. But with the success Portland is having, why would they mess up their team for a ball stopping diva like him? Especially if they go to the WCF. Idk if they're good enough to Chip this yr with the way the Bucks are playing, but LMA wouldn't be there answer. But I just get the feeling its trading him now or never for the Spurs. But he's definitely not a Spurs type player. I'd rather keep DDR over LMAany day. At least DDR plays with heart an passion. Real thoughts anyone??

Coz they are going to lose against the Warriors and they are going to think they need LMA to get them to the next level.

Spurs PATFO can mine that team for some really nice talent!!

mo7888
05-13-2019, 06:54 PM
Coz they are going to lose against the Warriors and they are going to think they need LMA to get them to the next level.

What do you think we could get?

sasaint
05-13-2019, 07:05 PM

Alternatively, the Blazers might just think that a healthy Nurkic would get them over the hump.

look_at_g_shred
05-14-2019, 08:25 PM
Could we trade him for harkless ?