PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Candy

spurschick
10-29-2005, 01:46 PM
I just got back from buying my halloween candy... $70 worth! Why do I always feel like I should simultaneously be writing a check to the American Diabetes Association? :lol

Sidenote: A mother was looking at a bag of fun size granola bars in the halloween candy section and her daughter said, "Mom, please don't buy those. I don't want everyone on our street to hate me."

ZStomp
10-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Holy crap....$70?? Dayum!

Sidenote: A mother was looking at a bag of fun size granola bars in the halloween candy section and her daughter said, "Mom, please don't buy those. I don't want everyone on our street to hate me."

:lmao

Kori Ellis
10-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Did you buy candycorn? :vomit

To me, candycorn is the worst Halloween candy. Sort of like Peeps at Easter.

midgetonadonkey
10-29-2005, 01:54 PM
I thought I went all out when I spent $15 on candy. Damn lady, the neighborhood kids must love you.

spurschick
10-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Did you buy candycorn? :vomit

To me, candycorn is the worst Halloween candy. Sort of like Peeps at Easter.

Candycorn is disgusting, like Peeps and that horrible Christmas cake/bread shit with the red and green jelly things in it.

It's allllllll chocolate! Snickers, Peanut Butter Cups, Almond Joys, Kit Kats, Heath Bars, etc. My neighborhood consists of one street and not everyone leaves their light on, so I give it out by the handfulls. Perhaps this year I should follow it with watching a documentary on why so many kids are fat.
:drunk

ZStomp
10-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Candycorn is disgusting, like Peeps and that horrible Christmas cake/bread shit with the red and green jelly things in it.

It's allllllll chocolate! Snickers, Peanut Butter Cups, Almond Joys, Kit Kats, Heath Bars, etc. My neighborhood consists of one street and not everyone leaves their light on, so I give it out by the handfulls. Perhaps this year I should follow it with watching a documentary on why so many kids are fat.
:drunk

Where you live? What neighborhood...I know where I'm heading when I got to work on Monday evening. :)

JoeChalupa
10-29-2005, 02:19 PM
A few bags of that no name candy from the dollar store and I'm set for Halloween night!

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/2317/psycho2oq.gif

ZStomp
10-29-2005, 02:21 PM
A few bags of that no name candy from the dollar store and I'm set for Halloween night!

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/2317/psycho2oq.gif

I wouldn't expect anything less from you Chalupa...actually. I would. I thought you would just close the door and turn of the lights. :lol

lilmads
10-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Damn man, you guys actually do the whole Halloween thing... I don't think I've ever gone trick-or-treating... we don't really celebrate Halloween... nor Thanksgiving...

You can tell I'm not from a U.S. territory:)

Butttt... my dad has a gift store and he's giving out chocolate this year for Halloween and Christmas... :)

Have a Happy Halloween guys!

ObiwanGinobili
10-29-2005, 03:27 PM
I love Peeps. :p

usckk
10-29-2005, 03:30 PM
I have a question. Is trick or treating today? or is it still monday? I'm wondering because school starts on monday.

Horry For 3!
10-29-2005, 03:31 PM
Yes Peeps is the shit.

Horry For 3!
10-29-2005, 03:31 PM
As for Halloween candy, My mom would buy the candy to give out and me, my bro n sis would just eat it :lol

SequSpur
10-29-2005, 03:34 PM
candy corn rules.

$70 bucks?

We might spend 20.

ZStomp
10-29-2005, 03:37 PM
I have a question. Is trick or treating today? or is it still monday? I'm wondering because school starts on monday.

Why would it be today? Trick Or Treating in done on Halloween night..thus Monday.

Sonia_TX
10-29-2005, 03:48 PM
$70? Wow..I just went to Walgreens and saw that candy was from $3.99-$5.99 a bag and I passed because I thought it was too expensive. lol I'm a cheapo! I might buy some but...we'll see.

exstatic
10-29-2005, 04:02 PM
I think the most vile candy on the planet are those disgusting orange Circus Peanuts.

Jekka
10-29-2005, 04:06 PM
I think the most vile candy on the planet are those disgusting orange Circus Peanuts.

No shit. My great-grandmother loved them ... but then she also had a glass of buttermilk every morning.

SpursWoman
10-29-2005, 04:25 PM

....or toilet paper their house. :nerd

I haven't gotten any yet.... :fro

SpursWoman
10-29-2005, 04:27 PM

Me, too. :)

My mom had a tradition of decorating the big plate glass window in the front....I did it this year and it's BAD ASS! I'll post a picture when it gets a little darker...the strobe light User added to it is awesome.

He's also done taking the chain off the chainsaw and got a horrible mask ... so he can start it up and run out at kids from around the side of the house. :lmao

I usually buy way too much of the good shit....and I thought my usual spending on candy of $40-$50 was bad... :wow :wow

Horry For 3!
10-29-2005, 04:31 PM
orange Circus Peanuts?

The sone
10-29-2005, 05:24 PM
i wonder how much candy corn you could get for 70 bucks...

Sonia_TX
10-29-2005, 05:24 PM
We haven't decorated yet... we don't get many kids on Halloween because the neighborhood doesn't have many (well our block doesn't)! Seems like our block is for the old people! lol

N.Y. Johnny
10-29-2005, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't expect anything less from you Chalupa...actually. I would. I thought you would just close the door and turn of the lights. :lol

actually I used to do that...remember me telling you about that where i used to be?
now I don't worry about it I'm a fancy man and live out in the country in the sticks :elephant

exstatic
10-29-2005, 05:28 PM
orange Circus Peanuts?

http://www.hometownfavorites.com/images/items/Large/Hfca720.jpg

Think of orange styrofoam with some sugar in it.

:vomit X 1 billion

spurschick
10-29-2005, 06:52 PM
Yes, $70 is insane for candy, but Halloween is my favorite holiday. After living in apartments for years, this is my real first Halloween in a house and I have it all decorated. I had just closed on the house last year at this time, so I sat in a completely empty house and passed out candy. This year, it's on baby!

Kori Ellis
10-29-2005, 06:54 PM

I had forgotten those exist. Yes, those are much worse than candycorn. They rival Peeps in disgusting-ness. :)

Vashner
10-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Well that's one good thing about living out in the hill country sticks... no trick or treaters.

Vashner
10-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Damn man, you guys actually do the whole Halloween thing... I don't think I've ever gone trick-or-treating... we don't really celebrate Halloween... nor Thanksgiving...

You can tell I'm not from a U.S. territory:)

Butttt... my dad has a gift store and he's giving out chocolate this year for Halloween and Christmas... :)

Have a Happy Halloween guys!

Someone please take this guy to Grayson and break him in....

SpursWoman
10-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Not as good as being there because you can't see the strobe ... but this is the best picture I could get:

http://www.boomspeed.com/sweetc/halloween.jpg

My window. :)

jaffies
10-29-2005, 08:44 PM
damn, SW...
NICE setup!! :elephant
you're livin' the life.
check out my window:

http://www.24hourmuseum.org.uk/content/images/2005_1894.JPG

E20
10-29-2005, 08:50 PM
I just give them peanuts or pennies, sometimes nickels.

spurs=bling
10-29-2005, 08:54 PM
my other aunt in Crystal City spent like $100 on candy.

and i was there today, for some reason they did halloween today in Crystal City.

midgetonadonkey
10-29-2005, 08:58 PM
I give Ramen Noodles to the teenagers that show up without costumes. They never seem happy about it, but I'd be fucking exstatic if I got noodles for free.

spurs=bling
10-29-2005, 09:01 PM
I give Ramen Noodles to the teenagers that show up without costumes. They never seem happy about it, but I'd be fucking exstatic if I got noodles for free.
:lmao

Sonia_TX
10-29-2005, 11:40 PM

They should be happy...they can save up for that college dorm. :)

ididnotnothat
10-30-2005, 04:44 AM
I keep the light off.

KEDA
10-30-2005, 11:36 AM
Im going to Mel's house for Halloween!

BTW Candy Corn is awesome, Circuis Peanuts blow, and Peeps taste like ass!

The sone
10-30-2005, 11:57 AM
damn, SW...
NICE setup!! :elephant
you're livin' the life.
check out my window:

http://www.24hourmuseum.org.uk/content/images/2005_1894.JPG

so when are you up for parole?

Faccia di Angelo
10-30-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm just gonna wait till tomorrow, when it all goes on sale :lol
Actually I bought some yesterday at Big Lots for everyone at work. Everything was 50 % off but the candy! :bang

Lady Marmalade
10-31-2005, 02:26 AM
at some point my mom didn't want to ( ok she was sick) take me trick or treating and me still wnting to go and my dad out of town she bought me whatever candy i wanted that year..great stuff i didnt have anything i didnt like! :)

SpursWoman
10-31-2005, 09:08 PM
We went through all of this trouble and bought all this candy and Chris had to work late....so I had to turn the light off and take the kids out.

Now I have a enormous bucket of candy I have to eat .... :depressed

Cant_Be_Faded
10-31-2005, 09:10 PM
Don't ever be a cheap ass. Kids hate that. Ration what candy you have, but also be generous. This also serves to decrease probabilities of house egging or fireworks attacks.

I am giving out my butterfingers and nestle crunch bars. So later, i can eat all the almond joys myself...

SpursWoman
10-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Don't ever be a cheap ass. Kids hate that. Ration what candy you have, but also be generous. This also serves to decrease probabilities of house egging or fireworks attacks.

Exactly! :lol

I made up treat bags with not only lots of candy, but a lot of leftover bottles of bubbles, crazy straws...and other stuff I'd had left over from birthday parties over the years.

Now they're just sitting by the front door.... :fro

Cant_Be_Faded
10-31-2005, 09:17 PM
Nothing gives a little kid that warm feeling inside and puts a smile underneath that mask/makeup like getting an individual little bag full of treats.

Nothing pisses off a little kid and drives him to mischief like getting 1 smarties, or a handfull of candy corn.

Ocotillo
10-31-2005, 09:18 PM

We have a winner! Definitely worst candy of all time. Found in the home of 70+ year old ladies in candy dishes.

Ocotillo
10-31-2005, 09:21 PM
Stuff I found in my bag after a night of trick or treating (besides candy):

Bottle caps
Rocks
Chicken bones
Ice Cubes (I came from an era of paper sacks)

People were jerks back in the 60s as well.

SpursWoman
10-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Giving out the bubbles was an awesome idea ... because they are heavy and make a big thunk in their bags...like they hit pay-dirt. :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
10-31-2005, 09:23 PM
Dammit, I wanna go trick or treating now...

SpursWoman
10-31-2005, 09:23 PM
Well, come over to my house...I'll give you the whole bucket. :lol

Horry For 3!
10-31-2005, 09:43 PM

Never had any of those. I guess that is good :lol

spurschick
10-31-2005, 10:05 PM
Traffic was such a bitch! I had barely gotten home when the doorbell started chiming. Went through most of the candy though. Lots of grim reapers this year. And Darth Vaders. And pirates. They'll be in some good sugar comas after the handfuls I gave out. The rest of it is going straight to work in the morning. Maybe I should take it to the ring ceremony and give it out to the 19,000 there. Not.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!

KEDA
10-31-2005, 10:37 PM
you could make a candy deposit at my place of business as well.

just tell them its for me, and Ill get it at 12!

samikeyp
11-01-2005, 12:18 AM
Circus Peanuts are nasty!

JoeChalupa
11-01-2005, 08:35 AM
I used to love circus peanuts but I don't anymore.

Went out with the girls for about an hour and got plenty of goodies.

Duff McCartney
11-01-2005, 10:08 AM
Blah circus peanuts are disgusting.

I went with my uncle to his neighborhood and some relatives were there trick or treating.

Pretty cool.....but god damn if it wasn't packed as shit. There were people everywhere. There where lines to get candy from places.

Horry For 3!
11-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Traffic was such a bitch! I had barely gotten home when the doorbell started chiming. Went through most of the candy though. Lots of grim reapers this year. And Darth Vaders. And pirates. They'll be in some good sugar comas after the handfuls I gave out. The rest of it is going straight to work in the morning. Maybe I should take it to the ring ceremony and give it out to the 19,000 there. Not.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!
I'll take some Snickers if you have any left :)

MiNuS
11-01-2005, 12:47 PM
It was fun to give candy last night but I wonder about some older kids,you know those that are 16-17 that don't even dress up.