PDA

View Full Version : If our team had HARDEN...

Othyus Lalanne
05-11-2019, 02:29 AM
Would Pop just never play him in elimination must win playoff games?

He would just never want him on this team no matter what?

K...
05-12-2019, 07:57 AM
Would Pop just never play him in elimination must win playoff games?

He would just never want him this team no matter what?

just imagine if we had Demar Derozan. Oh wait we do, Pop loves his Kobe klones. I can guarantee pop loves Harden as a player.

RC_Drunkford
05-12-2019, 09:04 AM
we would lose to the Warriors in the WCF instead of losing to the Nuggets in the first round

GreekSpursfan
05-12-2019, 09:08 AM
If our team had Harden i would stop watching the NBA until he would be gone tbh.

exstatic
05-12-2019, 09:39 AM
we would lose to the Warriors in the WCF instead of losing to the Nuggets in the first round

Harden wilts deep into any series. We’d have lost to the Nuggets, regardless.

Dex
05-12-2019, 11:01 AM
Harden is one of the few players that would actually force me to reconsider my Spursdom.

XDT76
05-12-2019, 11:57 AM
Sorry I just can't stand his ethics of flopping. I know flopping is prevalent in NBA now, but he is at a level that is totally on a different dimension.

Mirrornick
05-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Lma would be upset about not getting his mandatory 20 post ups.

Othyus Lalanne
05-12-2019, 12:57 PM
just imagine if we had Demar Derozan. Oh wait we do, Pop loves his Kobe klones. I can guarantee pop loves Harden as a player.

The man literally has cocaine eyes.

Nathan89
05-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Harden took his team to game 7 last year and game 6 this year vs a team with far more talent than his team.

RC_Drunkford
05-12-2019, 01:15 PM
Harden wilts deep into any series. We’d have lost to the Nuggets, regardless.

He's miles ahead of DeRozan. No way we lose that series with Harden instead of DeRozan

FkLA
05-12-2019, 01:19 PM
Harden >>>> DeRozan+LMA

Ibleedslvrnblk
05-12-2019, 01:32 PM
If our team had Harden i would stop watching the NBA until he would be gone tbh.

Amen!!!!!!

Othyus Lalanne
05-12-2019, 02:12 PM
He's miles ahead of DeRozan. No way we lose that series with Harden instead of DeRozan

Remember when that fucker melted down with JSimms defending him in an elimination game?

Harden >>>> DeRozan+LMA

Even in an elimination playoff game?

slick'81
05-12-2019, 02:21 PM
Who gives a shit

FkLA
05-12-2019, 02:54 PM
Even in an elimination playoff game?

Didn't he just put up like 38/8/8 in Game 6? You're fucking good when that is considered a chokejob. If DD ever put that up in any playoff game ST would be creaming their pants.

BD24
05-12-2019, 02:58 PM
Harden >>>> DeRozan+LMA
tbh.

:lol at dumb ass Spurs fans saying they wouldn't want him.

GreekSpursfan
05-12-2019, 03:28 PM
People sould never comment on a game they haven't seen and just through stats to back their opinions. Harden single handedly gave the game away the other night.
I don't dispute that he's better than DDR because many are but i really hate his game and i'm almost certain that he will never win anything ever if he's your leader.

Spurtacular
05-12-2019, 04:10 PM

We have a much deeper team than the Rockets. We'd have our chance with Harden.

Othyus Lalanne
05-12-2019, 04:14 PM
Who gives a shit

THREAD HAS TRAFFIC, DEAL WITH IT.

Didn't he just put up like 38/8/8 in Game 6? You're fucking good when that is considered a chokejob. If DD ever put that up in any playoff game ST would be creaming their pants.

Not if he disappears in the fourth of a close game.

tbh.

:lol at dumb ass Spurs fans saying they wouldn't want him.

Character matters.

We have a much deeper team than the Rockets. We'd have our chance with Harden.

I put up with cocaine eyes to advance...?

Not much farther...

BackHome
05-12-2019, 04:16 PM
Harden sucks he fucking wilts under pressure and he is such a drama bitch it’s all about me me look at me.

Spurtacular
05-12-2019, 04:21 PM
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I wouldn't turn down Harden given what our team is right now.

Othyus Lalanne
05-12-2019, 04:29 PM
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I wouldn't turn down Harden given what our team is right now.

If he was traded here the Spurs could flip him for a great package.

Spurtacular
05-12-2019, 04:31 PM
If he was traded here the Spurs could flip him for a great package.

Stop. That's not what would happen.

GreekSpursfan
05-12-2019, 04:52 PM

For a DDR swap i wouldn't either but i can't watch Harden bball, can't do it.

Spurtacular
05-12-2019, 04:56 PM
For a DDR swap i wouldn't either but i can't watch Harden bball, can't do it.

For anything. The man is 2X MVP of the league FFS.

GreekSpursfan
05-12-2019, 05:03 PM
For anything. The man is 2X MVP of the league FFS.

He's unathletic, doesn't play defense, chokes in big moments, you will never win anything with Harden as your best player and the way he plays. Your best player has to be a two-way wing player.

Spurtacular
05-12-2019, 05:07 PM
He's unathletic, doesn't play defense, chokes in big moments, you will never win anything with Harden as your best player and the way he plays. Your best player has to be a two-way wing player.

That's all a bunch of narrative. No GM in their right mind wouldn't take a reasonable offer for Harden.

tholdren
05-12-2019, 05:18 PM
Harden took his team to game 7 last year and game 6 this year vs a team with far more talent than his team.

Wut

RC_Drunkford
05-12-2019, 05:20 PM
Remember when that fucker melted down with JSimms defending him in an elimination game?

Remember that Harden hits 3s in elimination games while DeRozan can't even hit them in preseason

GreekSpursfan
05-12-2019, 05:55 PM
That's all a bunch of narrative. No GM in their right mind wouldn't take a reasonable offer for Harden.

I'm not saying that Harden is better than what we have but if you're betting on Harden to lead you to the promised land, good luck with that.

K...
05-12-2019, 06:20 PM
SO out of the three OKC alums, who would you pick, WESTBRY, HAREDN, or Durbeta?

FkLA
05-12-2019, 06:57 PM
People sould never comment on a game they haven't seen and just through stats to back their opinions. Harden single handedly gave the game away the other night.
I don't dispute that he's better than DDR because many are but i really hate his game and i'm almost certain that he will never win anything ever if he's your leader.

You like to rely too much on your eye test (which isn't very good to begin with) and ignore numbers, tbh.

Yeah, he's shriveled up plenty of times in key moments, although that wouldn't be the first time a legit superstar did that (Curry, Durbeta, LeBron, Dirk, etc have all done it). Still, despite his flaws I'd much rather take my chances with him than with the two fake stars we have.

Not if he disappears in the fourth of a close game.

Our fake stars not only disappear in the 4th Qtr, but don't come near those numbers the rest of the game either. I'd take a couple of guys over Harden but none of them are on our team.

FkLA
05-12-2019, 06:58 PM
SO out of the three OKC alums, who would you pick, WESTBRY, HAREDN, or Durbeta?

Easy:

1. Durbeta
2. Harden

3. Westchuck

Spurtacular
05-12-2019, 07:31 PM
I'm not saying that Harden is better than what we have but if you're betting on Harden to lead you to the promised land, good luck with that.

I'd take my chances.

GreekSpursfan
05-12-2019, 07:37 PM
You like to rely too much on your eye test (which isn't very good to begin with) and ignore numbers, tbh.

Yeah, he's shriveled up plenty of times in key moments, although that wouldn't be the first time a legit superstar did that (Curry, Durbeta, LeBron, Dirk, etc have all done it). Still, despite his flaws I'd much rather take my chances with him than with the two fake stars we have.

Our fake stars not only disappear in the 4th Qtr, but don't come near those numbers the rest of the game either. I'd take a couple of guys over Harden but none of them are on our team.

I don't disagree with the numbers but Harden single handedly lost that game the last 2 minutes and this was not any game, it was THE game. The others you mentioned didn't ALWAYS choke, he does.
We need an upgrade for a chance to win it all not more of the same.

tholdren
05-12-2019, 09:48 PM
St should shut down. This low lvl iq game is awful

Othyus Lalanne
05-15-2019, 09:03 AM
Remember that Harden hits 3s in elimination games while DeRozan can't even hit them in preseason

Last time the Spurs saw him in the playoffs he did not bother to take enough shots period.

Adding him while he is not over himself won't do much for the Spurs.

Stop. That's not what would happen.

Look into those eyes...

http://contents.spin.ph/image/image/2019/05/01/jamesharden-1556699126.jpg

vavvi
05-15-2019, 09:12 AM
Have I seriously seen a DDR vs Harden discussion here?
Maybe should go check my vision

r0drig0lac
05-15-2019, 10:30 AM
Harden >>>> DeRozan+LMA

no doubt

exstatic
05-15-2019, 11:03 AM
Have I seriously seen a DDR vs Harden discussion here?
Maybe should go check my vision

Maybe you should check your vision if you're seeing anything other than repeated late series chokes by Harden.

vavvi
05-15-2019, 11:39 AM
Maybe you should check your vision if you're seeing anything other than repeated late series chokes by Harden.

You think DDR can take GS to game 7 or even game 6?

I'm not saying I think Harden is the best player in the league (he isn't), or that I enjoy watching him play (I don't). It's just DDR and Harden are players from different universe in today's leagues. You know how many GMs would trade DDR for Harden straight up? 100%. Even DDR himself would trade himself for Harden.

Othyus Lalanne
05-15-2019, 12:00 PM

I'm not saying I think Harden is the best player in the league (he isn't), or that I enjoy watching him play (I don't). It's just DDR and Harden are players from different universe in today's leagues. You know how many GMs would trade DDR for Harden straight up? 100%. Even DDR himself would trade himself for Harden.
As part of a team yes. I don't trust Harden not to be a primadonna.

exstatic
05-15-2019, 12:02 PM

That doesn't mean that Harden isn't a choker. Doing later in a series isn't any better than all series long. You still don't advance and get the LoB. There are no points awarded for extending a series, only for winning it.