PDA

View Full Version : Short-handed Blazers, with meh Lillard just beat out those pretenders..

spursistan
05-12-2019, 05:24 PM
Just shows you what a gutless, capped mediocrity this current Spurs team is..

The Blazers with a horrendous big rotation and Lillard having an underwhelming series still have more poise and tricks than we do-- enough to to outlast an upstart Nuggets team..

slick'81
05-12-2019, 05:26 PM
Everybody knew nuggs were paper contenders.Hell spurs should of won that series until mills happend

Pavlov
05-12-2019, 05:28 PM
The Wallowing

timtonymanu
05-12-2019, 05:32 PM
Obviously minus the Warriors, this year’s West was weak and evenly matched. Spurs could have easily been here if they got hot. They were a game away from the 2nd round. I’d like to think if Murray was healthy, the Spurs would have easily been in the WCF

KimmyGib
05-12-2019, 05:33 PM
Everybody knew nuggs were paper contenders.Hell spurs should of won that series until mills happend

Mills was pretty bad, but Belinelli was the true Spurs killer in that series.

Jonnyblue19
05-12-2019, 05:35 PM

Gay was horrible most of the series as well. I think he might only 1-2 decent games. The entire bench was a joke, but you are right Belinelli was beyond horrible.

spursistan
05-12-2019, 05:36 PM
It is the type of result that depresses you as "the treadmill years" looms for this franchise..Couldn't even pull the upset against them in their first rodeo when you were well set up (1-0 and twice up 19 points in Game 2)..

From the coach to our best players, they just don't that killer instinct even against young pretenders..

timvp
05-12-2019, 05:37 PM
In the West, any series involving the Spurs, Blazers, Nuggets, Jazz, Thunder and maybe even the Clippers would all be coin flip series. Not much separation at all, tbh.

05-12-2019, 05:38 PM
can we stop with these threads lol the spurs weren’t that good this year, as seen by their 7th seeded position in the playoffs. Hypotheticals that make them out to be better than they were are tired and redundant.

timtonymanu
05-12-2019, 05:39 PM

Agreed Beli was just as horrible. If the front office can’t trade Mills, Beli has to go.

Capt Bringdown
05-12-2019, 05:39 PM
Blazers won because a role player stepped up (Hood in game 4 & 6).

Play Boban
05-12-2019, 05:42 PM
Jokic dominated per par but the rest of the rotation scrubbed it up, including Murray smh.......

picnroll
05-12-2019, 05:44 PM
OP is on a 24/7 menstrual cycle.

GreekSpursfan
05-12-2019, 05:46 PM
They had someone to rely on when Dame isn't on his game, CJ McCollum, we don't even have one let alone two guys that can close a game out. Lillard who in the past wasn't bothered about playing defense, played great defense today and the whole playoffs so far so he still had an impact even if he was missing almost everything. With Nurkic i would give them a chance against the Warriors but not now.

RD2191
05-12-2019, 05:59 PM
Tbh. :lol LMA on suicide watch wishing he was back in Portland tbh

Clipper Nation
05-12-2019, 06:50 PM
The Wallowing

...is only happening because of The Wombating.

Pavlov
05-12-2019, 07:02 PM
...is only happening because of The Wombating.So you're saying playing Patty less and some roster player more means the Spurs win a championship?

FkLA
05-12-2019, 07:03 PM
...is only happening because of The Wombating.

FkLA
05-12-2019, 07:08 PM

Nah. Belli was absolutely horrible but he isn't the coach's pet, and therefore didn't get to play the last 21 minutes of Game 7.

slick'81
05-12-2019, 07:16 PM
Nah. Belli was absolutely horrible but he isn't the coach's pet, and therefore didn't get to play the last 21 minutes of Game 7.

The denial is real

Philthemage
05-12-2019, 07:28 PM
When the season started, odds were that we would win like 45 games and miss the playoffs. Then we lost Dejounte.

So making the playoffs as 7th seed and taking it to 7 games is overachieving for me.

If you're dumb enough to be expecting a championship run this year, I can see why you're disappointed... And why you're an idiot.

D-Robinson 50 fan
05-12-2019, 07:53 PM
When the season started, odds were that we would win like 45 games and miss the playoffs. Then we lost Dejounte.

So making the playoffs as 7th seed and taking it to 7 games is overachieving for me.

If you're dumb enough to be expecting a championship run this year, I can see why you're disappointed... And why you're an idiot.

Lmao. I agree 100%

The team was better than I expected also. DeRozan was actually a bit better than I thought he would be, Forbes got better and White proved to be an actual NBA player. I'm excited about the upcoming season and curious how the team will look and play

Keepin' it real
05-12-2019, 09:10 PM
Damon Lilliard will roast Stef in the wcf tbh.

GreekSpursfan
05-12-2019, 09:13 PM
Damon Lilliard will roast Stef in the wcf tbh.

I agree but snake will come to the rescue

Roscoe P. Coltrane
05-12-2019, 09:35 PM
In the West, any series involving the Spurs, Blazers, Nuggets, Jazz, Thunder and maybe even the Clippers would all be coin flip series. Not much separation at all, tbh.I think you could throw Rockets on that list too.

sananspursfan21
05-12-2019, 09:37 PM
One of a handful of times the Spurs were the better team overall. But damn they didn’t show it. When they were on top of their game, they were a top 4 West team. But they also got whipped by some bad teams. Inconsistency was the bane of these guys in the grand scheme. Sure Mills has worn his welcome and threes didn’t fall when they should have most, but if these guys were consistent, we’re talking 55 wins and probably conference finals. Wouldn’t have made it much further but there could have been a little more hope there.

Kurgan
05-13-2019, 03:05 AM
Tbh. :lol LMA on suicide watch wishing he was back in Portland tbh

LMA's a moron. He whines about being a sidekick on a 67 win Spurs team. Asks to be traded. Spurs appease him and lose Kawhi in the process. Now he's the first option on a playoff fodder team and he waxes nostalgic about playing with Lillard again. Make up your mind, you dumb fuck. You're a 2nd tier/3rd tier star that wants first option shots. It's not gonna happen(on a good team). I doubt Portland even wants you back anymore.

kobyz
05-13-2019, 03:44 AM
mediocre coach Stotts > coach Pop, also great decision foul up by 3 at the end not to let Denver a chance to win the game, Pop should take a lesson..

tbdog
05-13-2019, 05:07 AM
mediocre coach Stotts > coach Pop, also great decision foul up by 3 at the end not to let Denver a chance to win the game, Pop should take a lesson..

Pop did that once and Spurs lost.

tbdog
05-13-2019, 05:11 AM
LMA's a moron. He whines about being a sidekick on a 67 win Spurs team. Asks to be traded. Spurs appease him and lose Kawhi in the process. Now he's the first option on a playoff fodder team and he waxes nostalgic about playing with Lillard again. Make up your mind, you dumb fuck. You're a 2nd tier/3rd tier star that wants first option shots. It's not gonna happen(on a good team). I doubt Portland even wants you back anymore.

LMA is straight up a number one option. There is a reason he gets doubled every time.

Kurgan
05-13-2019, 05:17 AM
LMA is straight up a number one option. There is a reason he gets doubled every time.

Yes, obviously. What I'm saying is no team with him as a first option will ever be good. Look at how much better the Blazers are without him. He's a fake star and a 2nd tier talent that wants first option shots. Spurs were more successful when he was a sidekick(the 2016 team won 67 games). But he didn't enjoy that role and asked for a trade that summer. Same way he wanted out of Portland when Lillard started taking away shots from him.

kobyz
05-13-2019, 05:46 AM
Pop did that once and Spurs lost.

Cause he's a moron, but still the right thing to do with the best chance to win...

Rummpd
05-13-2019, 05:52 AM
Go Blazers beat GS anyway possible please

vavvi
05-13-2019, 05:57 AM
Just shows how overall equal and weak this part of the bracket was. Basically a coin flip. None of Blazers, OKC, Denver, Spurs had any chance for the title.

kobyz
05-13-2019, 06:04 AM
Just shows how overall equal and weak this part of the bracket was. Basically a coin flip. None of Blazers, OKC, Denver, Spurs had any chance for the title.
Spurs not in that coin flip with pop being such a choker, who no matter what would find ways to lose it out..

tbdog
05-13-2019, 07:34 AM
Yes, obviously. What I'm saying is no team with him as a first option will ever be good. Look at how much better the Blazers are without him. He's a fake star and a 2nd tier talent that wants first option shots. Spurs were more successful when he was a sidekick(the 2016 team won 67 games). But he didn't enjoy that role and asked for a trade that summer. Same way he wanted out of Portland when Lillard started taking away shots from him.

Blazers have been a joke playoff team since LMA left. This is their best run. Good on them.

TDMVPDPOY
05-13-2019, 07:48 AM
Blazers have been a joke playoff team since LMA left. This is their best run. Good on them.

and what has lma done since being 1st option on the spurs? first round exit to the denver nuggets...

his first year here, i wouldnt even call him option1A on the spurs...

RD2191
05-13-2019, 07:51 AM

Damn son, bold this man. Dropping truth nukes all over the place.

tbdog
05-13-2019, 04:58 PM
and what has lma done since being 1st option on the spurs? first round exit to the denver nuggets...

his first year here, i wouldnt even call him option1A on the spurs...

Well the last two seasons were kinda a wash due to what happened. I'm pretty sure Lillard doesn't get to the playoffs if McCullum played 9 games. Also there are other number one options that have done poorly. Westbrook, Davis for example