PDA

View Full Version : Favorite video game characters

aj3292
05-13-2019, 01:08 PM
Who are your favorite characters in any video games? Mine is Booker DeWitt in Bioshock Infinite.

Chris
05-13-2019, 03:37 PM
https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fhqh10apa1nzz.jpg&f=1

Also Ezio from AC, Cloud from FF7, and Leon Kennedy from RE

baseline bum
05-13-2019, 03:57 PM
Probably Nanako Dojima from Persona 4 Golden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIu-CdrtOpQ

redzero
05-13-2019, 07:01 PM
Probably Nanako Dojima from Persona 4 Golden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIu-CdrtOpQ

You appear to have misspelled "Tohru Adachi".

Joseph Kony
05-13-2019, 07:20 PM
Master Chief Petty Officer Jon-117
Geralt of Rivia
May Payne
Lara Croft
Nathan Drake
Joel (Last of Us)
Rico Rodriguez
Kyle Crane

baseline bum
05-13-2019, 07:30 PM
Kyle Crane

:tu

You ever play the DLC to see how his character further developed?

baseline bum
05-13-2019, 07:32 PM
You appear to have misspelled "Tohru Adachi".

Adachi was a doofus, he was weak, and he didn't know the Junes song.

spurraider21
05-13-2019, 07:34 PM
cole mcgrath
glados/wheatley
trevor phillips
kratos
ezio auditore
arthur morgan
ellie (the last of us)
reznov (call of duty world at war and black ops)

Joseph Kony
05-13-2019, 09:27 PM
:tu

You ever play the DLC to see how his character further developed?

i did but still havent beaten the following tbh. ive gotten like halfway through three different teams and just never finished

Reck
05-13-2019, 10:23 PM
Lan-di (Shenmue)
Ayrton (Metro)
Elena (Uncharted)

baseline bum
05-13-2019, 10:42 PM
i did but still havent beaten the following tbh. ive gotten like halfway through three different teams and just never finished

Damn how can you not beat The Following if Krane is one of your favorite characters bro? Krane's story is really cool in The Following.

Also three different teams? Are you talking about the arena battles DLC? That thing sucks IMO. The story DLC is amazing.

Neo.
05-14-2019, 05:14 PM
billy blaze

Joseph Kony
05-14-2019, 07:21 PM
Damn how can you not beat The Following if Krane is one of your favorite characters bro? Krane's story is really cool in The Following.

Also three different teams? Are you talking about the arena battles DLC? That thing sucks IMO. The story DLC is amazing.

meant to say times, not teams :lol i'll beat it eventually. i've felt like playing through it again for awhile. iirc i'm like 75% done with the following story where i last left off. but ill finish it at some point

aj3292
05-15-2019, 12:57 PM
cole mcgrath
glados/wheatley
trevor phillips
kratos
ezio auditore
arthur morgan
ellie (the last of us)
reznov (call of duty world at war and black ops)

Nice picks. I'd kind of expected more people to mention Ellie.

Xevious
05-15-2019, 03:49 PM
Arthur Morgan easily is one of the best written and acted video game characters ever.

Chris
05-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Nice picks. I'd kind of expected more people to mention Ellie.

I can't think of a single line from Lesbian Ellie that made her a good character.

Reck
05-15-2019, 08:31 PM
Ellie is just a brat. Nothing unique about her, imo.

Typical teenager behavior.

spurraider21
05-15-2019, 09:12 PM
I can't think of a single line from Lesbian Ellie that made her a good character.
"Why are these pages stuck together?"

baseline bum
05-15-2019, 09:27 PM
"Why are these pages stuck together?"

LMAO

apalisoc_9
05-16-2019, 01:11 AM
Aloy HZD
Ellie Last of Us
Lara Croft Tomb Raider (Ps4,xbox)
Viktor and Zamza (Suikoden)
Goro ( Yakuza 0)

I played and enjoyed tons of decent games in the ps2, 3 era. But no one sticks out.

I suppose Leon Kennedy. RE4 is one of my all time favourite.

apalisoc_9
05-16-2019, 01:12 AM
Ellie is just a brat. Nothing unique about her, imo.

Typical teenager behavior.

Want to neg you so bad for disrespecting an all time video game character brah.

spurraider21
05-16-2019, 02:06 AM
Aloy HZD
Ellie Last of Us
Lara Croft Tomb Raider (Ps4,xbox)
Viktor and Zamza (Suikoden)
Goro ( Yakuza 0)

I played and enjoyed tons of decent games in the ps2, 3 era. But no one sticks out.

I suppose Leon Kennedy. RE4 is one of my all time favourite.
Horizon was fun but Aloy was trash. One dimensional monotone goody two-shoes

apalisoc_9
05-16-2019, 02:19 AM
Horizon was fun but Aloy was trash. One dimensional monotone goody two-shoes

Disrespectful.

Aloy is top 5 character. I loved the overall lore in HZD and i thought she was the perfect character.

This is misogyny :flipoff

spurraider21
05-16-2019, 02:25 AM
Disrespectful.

Aloy is top 5 character. I loved the overall lore in HZD and i thought she was the perfect character.

This is misogyny :flipoff
The lore was cool. The sobeck twist was cool. The character/personality was boring as fuck.

baseline bum
05-16-2019, 12:06 PM
If I had to pick a top 10

1. Nanako (Persona 4 Golden)
2. Emil (Nier, NieR Automata)
3. Trevor (GTA V)
4. Lucifer (Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne)
5. Kaine (Nier)
6. Majima (Yakuza series)
7. 9S (NieR Automata)
8. Kiryu (Yakuza series)
9. GLaDOS (Portal, Portal 2)
10. Kawakami (Persona 5)

midnightpulp
05-16-2019, 12:20 PM
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6957/1687/1600/bonesjackson.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWdCqXzaHoU

midnightpulp
05-16-2019, 12:23 PM
Oh, I haven't even played this game outside of a couple minutes in an arcade, and this is probably the greatest character in gaming history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftc_Pbhb3IE

aj3292
05-16-2019, 12:56 PM
Want to neg you so bad for disrespecting an all time video game character brah.

Agreed. I put up with endless shit from members on this forum without saying a word, because no one here knows me, and none of it matters.

But dissing Ellie … so uncool. How is Ellie a brat? She’s almost dauntingly brave, she’s consistently helpful, she somehow manages to stay optimistic and enthusiastic through everything she goes through. During the first part of the game, she puts up with a lot of shit from Joel while barely complaining, and she has the emotional intelligence later in the game to understand his struggle over his lost daughter and why he is the way he is. She consistently put others ahead of herself.

Yep … typical teenager.

spurraider21
05-17-2019, 01:03 PM
Agreed. I put up with endless shit from members on this forum without saying a word, because no one here knows me, and none of it matters.

But dissing Ellie … so uncool. How is Ellie a brat? She’s almost dauntingly brave, she’s consistently helpful, she somehow manages to stay optimistic and enthusiastic through everything she goes through. During the first part of the game, she puts up with a lot of shit from Joel while barely complaining, and she has the emotional intelligence later in the game to understand his struggle over his lost daughter and why he is the way he is. She consistently put others ahead of herself.

Yep … typical teenager.
the scene after she ran away... the whole "I'm not her" shpiel was one of the more gripping moments i can recall in a video game

aj3292
05-18-2019, 12:46 PM
the scene after she ran away... the whole "I'm not her" shpiel was one of the more gripping moments i can recall in a video game

When I was her age, I can’t imagine I’d have had the emotional IQ to understand what Joel was going through, especially since he kept things to himself. Then again, Ellie kept a lot to herself as well, as evidenced by what she had only just been through with Riley, and wasn’t talking about either. I think the two had a lot more in common personality-wise than they appeared to on the surface.