PDA

View Full Version : How brainwashed is our local fan base?

HWoodNixon
05-13-2019, 02:50 PM
If you don’t fall in line and accept what the FO says and does, you are banned from pounding the rock, WOAI Twitter, Jeff Macdonald, and other prominent spurs or SA bloggers. Why the hell is that?

exstatic
05-13-2019, 02:54 PM
If you don’t fall in line and accept what the FO says and does, you are banned from pounding the rock, WOAI Twitter, Jeff Macdonald, and other prominent spurs or SA bloggers. Why the hell is that?

I'm not sure that someone with a Laker Fan tagline should be complaining about Spurs sites. Go troll LG.

koriwhat
05-13-2019, 02:55 PM
I'm not sure that someone with a Laker Fan tagline should be complaining about Spurs sites. Go troll LG.

right? too bad they don't all just fuck off already.

Dex
05-13-2019, 02:58 PM
Just because we don't sit and bitch incessantly anytime the Spurs don't win the championship, we are brainwashed?

Ok. :rolleyes

Floyd Pacquiao
05-13-2019, 03:01 PM
Just because we don't sit and bitch incessantly anytime the Spurs don't win the championship, we are brainwashed?

Ok. :rolleyes

You should at the very least question why pop preaches defense then goes out and signs patty mills at midnight and Marco bellinelli

Degoat
05-13-2019, 03:05 PM
I think most spurs fans knew once Tim Duncan retired we wouldn’t be winning any championships any time soon lol, I personally just enjoy us being relevant and competitive

R. DeMurre
:lol I love all these Everyone-is-stupid-except-for-me threads lately. Yeah, you work at Walmart or study Communications in college, but given the chance, you would definitely do a better job than RC or Pop. All you need is a chance!!

JeffDuncan

Did poor wittle ittums get himself banned? Oh dear, that's so sad. Poor, poor wittle ittums.

You dumb jackass.

Russ
05-13-2019, 03:13 PM
So brainwashed that they believe their team has been in the playoffs a record 22 straight seasons . . .

So brainwashed that they believe their team has the best all-time winning percentage in their league (the NBA). . .

So brainwashed . . .

Dex
05-13-2019, 03:21 PM
You should at the very least question why pop preaches defense then goes out and signs patty mills at midnight and Marco bellinelli

I do, and have. How many times does it need to be said?

timvp
05-13-2019, 03:22 PM
Oh my goodness. (https://twitter.com/LakerMike248/status/1127227404353560576) First things first, fire everyone. Second thing, get all the best players back.

koriwhat
05-13-2019, 03:26 PM
:lol I love all these Everyone-is-stupid-except-for-me threads lately. Yeah, you work at Walmart or study Communications in college, but given the chance, you would definitely do a better job than RC or Pop. All you need is a chance!!

Oh my goodness. (https://twitter.com/LakerMike248/status/1127227404353560576) First things first, fire everyone. Second thing, get all the best players back.

:lmao at both replies :tu

BSfromTX
05-13-2019, 03:52 PM

No kidding. Great post

CapitalEmm
05-13-2019, 03:56 PM

I mean, any non-moron could have called the Gasol/Belinelli being terrible signings. The FO have chosen to build the mentally softest team in the league, and that’s totally on them. Will it get them regular season wins and keep the seal-clappers engaged? Sure. But deep playoff runs are going to be a thing of the past.

Hell, at least Brett Brown was making some sort of adjustments. The only adjustment Pop knew how to make was to start Manu.

Russ
05-13-2019, 04:03 PM
I mean, any non-moron could have called the Gasol/Belinelli being terrible signings. The FO have chosen to build the mentally softest team in the league, and that’s totally on them. Will it get them regular season wins and keep the seal-clappers engaged? Sure. But deep playoff runs are going to be a thing of the past.

I got news for you, deep playoff runs are a thing of the past for most teams (except the ones who never had them).

tmtcsc
05-13-2019, 04:03 PM
I think most spurs fans knew once Tim Duncan retired we wouldn’t be winning any championships any time soon lol, I personally just enjoy us being relevant and competitive

Yeah, not sure that happened. I had high hopes for this team and was willing to give Derozan the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, he turned out to be exactly the person Toronto was willing to trade. All the reasons were obvious. Terrific, world-class, mid-range scorer but not a difference maker or winner. We don't have any players on the roster who can lead this team to a championship. Please don't say Dejounte Murray. That kid hasn't proven one damn thing yet. All the fluff about him has been hearsay. When we last saw him in the Summer League he looked terrible and was on the bench nursing supposed injuries.

The hard truth is that the Spurs fucked up with Kawhi. I hate that he went out the way he did and all the stories about his uncle but he was one of the best players in the league and the F.O. fucked that up. Did they wrong him in some way? Why did he want to leave or grow tired of the Spurs? Was it the way he was being used? Did he feel the organization didn't appreciate his injury and pain? Apparently, he's not talking so we'll never know. IF he stays in Toronto, its going to look even worse for the front office.

exstatic
05-13-2019, 04:08 PM
Yeah, not sure that happened. I had high hopes for this team and was willing to give Derozan the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, he turned out to be exactly the person Toronto was willing to trade. All the reasons were obvious. Terrific, world-class, mid-range scorer but not a difference maker or winner. We don't have any players on the roster who can lead this team to a championship. Please don't say Dejounte Murray. That kid hasn't proven one damn thing yet. All the fluff about him has been hearsay. When we last saw him in the Summer League he looked terrible and was on the bench nursing supposed injuries.

The hard truth is that the Spurs fucked up with Kawhi. I hate that he went out the way he did and all the stories about his uncle but he was one of the best players in the league and the F.O. fucked that up. Did they wrong him in some way? Why did he want to leave or grow tired of the Spurs? Was it the way he was being used? Did he feel the organization didn't appreciate his injury and pain? Apparently, he's not talking so we'll never know. IF he stays in Toronto, its going to look even worse for the front office.

lolwut? His summer league debacle was after his rookie year, not last summer (2018). That was Lonnie. When last we saw him, he had VASTLY improved towards the end of 2017-2018, and was then seen killing it in training camp with a spiffy new jumper. Be pessimistic if you want, but at least be accurate.

phxspurfan
05-13-2019, 04:24 PM

And bring back the Silver Dancers. And Ludden. And David Robinson. And give the Coyote a raise

And move the stadium to a better location

But not Seattle

Yet

Dex
05-13-2019, 05:05 PM

:lol

HWoodNixon
05-13-2019, 05:38 PM

You cannot bring that shit up to most local media/social media people without being labeled as a spoiled fan or a troll. What the hell is wrong with being a realist and being critical of a team?

tbdog
05-13-2019, 05:41 PM
Tbh all fanbases are toxic towards their team. Nuggets and Rockets fanbase are really hateful towards their team atm.

daslicer
05-13-2019, 05:41 PM
You cannot bring that shit up to most local media/social media people without being labeled as a spoiled fan or a troll. What the hell is wrong with being a realist and being critical of a team?

Realistically this team is going to be middle of the pack at best for a long time. It's very hard to be a contender in this league unless you have a top 5 players. The Pistons are the last team I can recall winning a title without a top 5 players. You could argue the 2014 Spurs but I felt Duncan could turn back the clock and be a top 5 player in spurts during that run.

Pavlov
05-13-2019, 05:46 PM
If you don’t fall in line and accept what the FO says and does, you are banned from pounding the rock, WOAI Twitter, Jeff Macdonald, and other prominent spurs or SA bloggers. Why the hell is that?Maybe you're an asshole.

sananspursfan21
05-13-2019, 05:47 PM
Must. Love. Spurs. I. Don’t. Eat. Unless. Spurs. Say. I. Can.

HWoodNixon
05-13-2019, 05:55 PM
Realistically this team is going to be middle of the pack at best for a long time. It's very hard to be a contender in this league unless you have a top 5 players. The Pistons are the last team I can recall winning a title without a top 5 players. You could argue the 2014 Spurs but I felt Duncan could turn back the clock and be a top 5 player in spurts during that run.

Fine with that, as long as moves are made to improve. When that doesn’t happen, what’s wrong with criticizing?

ZeusWillJudge
05-13-2019, 05:58 PM
Maybe you're an asshole.

Bam! :lol

RC_Drunkford
05-13-2019, 06:13 PM
Cause Pop is a dictator. This has been clear for ages. He only signs players who do what he tells them to do, the media is not allowed to criticize him, he doesn't answer any interviews honestly and only signs assistants who are yes men. But then goes and throws Trump under the bus when he's the Kim Jong-Un of San Antonio. If you speak out against him he gon fire or trade you. That's why I criticize him a lot even though I think he's the GOAT, he's too full of himself since 2014 happened. Nobody ever goes and criticizes him publicly. Not even the Spurs haters at ESPN

davi78239
05-13-2019, 06:54 PM
It could be worse. We could be the rockets and have their salaries on the book

davi78239
05-13-2019, 06:56 PM
Cause Pop is a dictator. This has been clear for ages. He only signs players who do what he tells them to do, the media is not allowed to criticize him, he doesn't answer any interviews honestly and only signs assistants who are yes men. But then goes and throws Trump under the bus when he's the Kim Jong-Un of San Antonio. If you speak out against him he gon fire or trade you. That's why I criticize him a lot even though I think he's the GOAT, he's too full of himself since 2014 happened. Nobody ever goes and criticizes him publicly. Not even the Spurs haters at ESPN

Yea, I was hoping he’d retire tbh. I feel ya.

tholdren
05-13-2019, 07:26 PM

As brainwashed as the casual fan who equates media hype to skill....?

Nivek_ogre
05-13-2019, 07:31 PM
Another stupid fucking post

BackHome
05-13-2019, 07:42 PM
Yep add to the thousand of others they create

jmard5
05-13-2019, 08:25 PM

LoL. My sentiments, exactly. Nice post. :p:

vander
05-13-2019, 09:42 PM

fall in line or be ostracized/eliminated is pretty normal human behavior

R. DeMurre
05-13-2019, 09:46 PM
I've never seen Pounding the Rock ban anyone for having a difference of opinion. That's silly.

daslicer
05-13-2019, 10:07 PM
Fine with that, as long as moves are made to improve. When that doesn’t happen, what’s wrong with criticizing?

I'm all for criticizing. I agree with Spur fans being upset over the Mills,Gasol deals. Those were terrible deals. The FO has to stop overpaying old guys and PG's on the wrong side of 30.

TDMVPDPOY
05-13-2019, 10:10 PM
pop asign himself 2 positions in the team, other words surpreme ruler...his way or the highway...

due to his bs, wasted duncans prime years winning more championships with his questionable front office moves, let alone roster rotations in the playoffs

tmtcsc
05-13-2019, 10:20 PM
lolwut? His summer league debacle was after his rookie year, not last summer (2018). That was Lonnie. When last we saw him, he had VASTLY improved towards the end of 2017-2018, and was then seen killing it in training camp with a spiffy new jumper. Be pessimistic if you want, but at least be accurate.

"When we last saw him in the summer league". He was a rookie in 2016 & played in the SL. In 2017, the year he was talking about greatness and taking selfies with Lebron, he sat out much of SL with injuries. In 2018, he didn't play in the SL and didn't make it out of preseason. He looked 'ok' in a few games in 2017 but the FO & media will have you believing he was the second coming. I don't believe it and won't believe it until I see it for myself.

Every year we hear the same shit...so & so came in stronger and lost weight, blah blah blah. I want to see the dude make his teammates better, distribute the ball, be a playmaker, be a defensive force before we start anointing him as some sort of savior. I thought Derrick White played pretty damn good this year and showed a hell of a lot more than Murray EVER has. Yes - I know he got 2nd or 3rd Team all NBA Defensive designation but that had more to do with his rebounding than actual defense.

And Lonnie Walker? Let's just hope he has something other than great "hops" and a curious nature. He needs to be a baller and defender for this team to make strides going forward. LMA and Derozan aren't going to change much at their ages.

ZeusWillJudge
05-13-2019, 10:45 PM
"When we last saw him in the summer league". He was a rookie in 2016 & played in the SL. In 2017, the year he was talking about greatness and taking selfies with Lebron, he sat out much of SL with injuries. In 2018, he didn't play in the SL and didn't make it out of preseason. He looked 'ok' in a few games in 2017 but the FO & media will have you believing he was the second coming. I don't believe it and won't believe it until I see it for myself.

Every year we hear the same shit...so & so came in stronger and lost weight, blah blah blah. I want to see the dude make his teammates better, distribute the ball, be a playmaker, be a defensive force before we start anointing him as some sort of savior. I thought Derrick White played pretty damn good this year and showed a hell of a lot more than Murray EVER has. Yes - I know he got 2nd or 3rd Team all NBA Defensive designation but that had more to do with his rebounding than actual defense.

And Lonnie Walker? Let's just hope he has something other than great "hops" and a curious nature. He needs to be a baller and defender for this team to make strides going forward. LMA and Derozan aren't going to change much at their ages.

Oh, c'mon. I agree that White really exceeded expectations, but Murray came back from his first offseason as a damn good defender. He's one of the best rebounding guards we've seen, and he doubled his RB/36 from his rookie year. And he finished better at/near the basket. If you want him to make his teammates better the way Duncan did, that's not fair. But he came back better, and contributed much more to the team. If he comes back this year with a jump shot, he'll be a pretty damned good 2 guard. Not a point, but a very desirable SG.

Walker is an unknown. But since he missed the whole season, it's sort of premature to slam him just like it's premature to praise him. But he's had a whole year to work on things - he damned well better come back better than the last we saw from him.

Kurgan
05-14-2019, 03:27 AM

Best post in this thread. Nothing but truthbombs. The brainwashed fans don't bother me as much as the shit tier sports journalism in SA. It's the worst kind of circle jerk. You'd think the Spurs were three-peating with the way they talk so glowingly about Pop and the team. This is what happens when a franchise takes an autocratic approach towards the media. Say anything negative about the Spurs and you're blacklisted.

widowmaker
05-14-2019, 08:08 AM
Yea, I was hoping he’d retire tbh. I feel ya.

And to that i say i wish Pop a hundred more years.

HWoodNixon
05-14-2019, 08:41 AM
Best post in this thread. Nothing but truthbombs. The brainwashed fans don't bother me as much as the shit tier sports journalism in SA. It's the worst kind of circle jerk. You'd think the Spurs were three-peating with the way they talk so glowingly about Pop and the team. This is what happens when a franchise takes an autocratic approach towards the media. Say anything negative about the Spurs and you're blacklisted.

Bingo. How do people not see this?

exstatic
05-14-2019, 08:49 AM

Speaking of circle jerks...

TheGreatYacht
05-14-2019, 08:54 AM
OP has all the estrogen filled faggots dancing!

Othyus Lalanne
05-14-2019, 11:10 AM

I don't think he is dictator.

If someone does not buy in why should he be a Spur?

I recal him jokingly saying that Messina did not like offense once.

Isn't there some shoe deal thing that he is inflexible about? I think he should be flexible about that.

Honestly to my surprise the Spurs owned the media haters this year minus that chaotic endgame, game 7 against Denver.

They overachieved so ESPN can suck on some fat SA women titties with Jose jizz on them.

RD2191
05-14-2019, 11:15 AM
The replies in these threads speak for themselves:lol

TheSpurglar
05-14-2019, 11:26 AM

Lol, why? Is Pop himself going to answer us? My guess would be Pop thought he'd have Dejounte and possibly Kawhi as his defensive figureheads and surrounding that with proven(2014) shooting would be a good thing. Then Kawhi left and Dejounte got hurt. Ah well.

ZeusWillJudge
05-14-2019, 11:45 AM

Could be because a lot of us don't read all those stories, trying to be the first one to post a link. And it's just as clear that some of you don't read the local coverage of other teams, because you think SA's writers are somehow different.

Mugen
05-14-2019, 11:51 AM
Meh, I don't live in SA so I have the outside Spurs fan perspective....

The Spurs are the only game in town (like literally, there's probably nothing to do in that city except eat and watch the Spurs).....

That will lead to the majority of the fans not willing to ever question PATFO and we know the media is already in the organization's pocket...

But it doesn't really matter (fans bitching on an internet board won't have any effect on the franchise), as long as there are heroes like me and others on the board that won't just incessantly slop up whatever Pop is selling, it'll be ok :lol

Pavlov
05-14-2019, 12:22 PM
Could be because a lot of us don't read all those stories, trying to be the first one to post a link. And it's just as clear that some of you don't read the local coverage of other teams, because you think SA's writers are somehow different.:lol Yeah I don't get it. They think all the other local media are social media edgelords like them.

Hometown media's being favorable to the home team is the norm. Fans who think they can run the team better is also the norm.

Othyus Lalanne
05-14-2019, 12:25 PM
Meh, I don't live in SA so I have the outside Spurs fan perspective....

The Spurs are the only game in town (like literally, there's probably nothing to do in that city except eat and watch the Spurs).....

That will lead to the majority of the fans not willing to ever question PATFO and we know the media is already in the organization's pocket...

But it doesn't really matter (fans bitching on an internet board won't have any effect on the franchise), as long as there are heroes like me and others on the board that won't just incessantly slop up whatever Pop is selling, it'll be ok :lol

At worst Pop is selling okay shit. Historically this a winning franchise and they will draft well. Plenty of cities would love to have that.

R. DeMurre
05-14-2019, 12:27 PM
I criticize him a lot even though I think he's the GOAT

:lol

rascal
05-14-2019, 07:33 PM
pop asign himself 2 positions in the team, other words surpreme ruler...his way or the highway...

due to his bs, wasted duncans prime years winning more championships with his questionable front office moves, let alone roster rotations in the playoffs

The Spurs messed up early in Duncan's career during the Lakers three peat. No way should a team with Robinson and Duncan lose to a team with Kobe and Shaq. The Spurs surrounded Duncan and Robinson with players who were just not good enough during the Lakers threepeat years. They needed some fire power in the back court to go with the top frontline in the league. They were too afraid to get Sprewell.

daslicer
05-14-2019, 11:36 PM
The Spurs messed up early in Duncan's career during the Lakers three peat. No way should a team with Robinson and Duncan lose to a team with Kobe and Shaq. The Spurs surrounded Duncan and Robinson with players who were just not good enough during the Lakers threepeat years. They needed some fire power in the back court to go with the top frontline in the league. They were too afraid to get Sprewell.

Spurs suffered a lot of bad luck during the Lakers 3 peat years TBH. In '00 they could have beaten them but Duncan tore his meniscus. In "01 they went and got Derek Anderson during the summertime who was a super athletic 2 guard that complimented Duncan real well throughout the season only to see Juwon Howard end his season.

rascal
05-15-2019, 04:44 AM
Spurs suffered a lot of bad luck during the Lakers 3 peat years TBH. In '00 they could have beaten them but Duncan tore his meniscus. In "01 they went and got Derek Anderson during the summertime who was a super athletic 2 guard that complimented Duncan real well throughout the season only to see Juwon Howard end his season.

I'll give you the Duncan injury but not Anderson. He just wasn't as good as the front office thought same goes for Steve Smith. Those are player mistakes that the front office made.