PDA

View Full Version : Rockets sign Adrian Griffin

TheCat5
08-07-2003, 06:05 PM
posting this in here since not many people go to the other forums. no, it's not a huge signing, but Griffin is a pretty good defender who can make the open shot, and move without the ball.

This would also confirm that Posey's offer will not be matched, and he will be going to Memphis (today is the 15th day). Posey played well last year, but getting Piatkowski + Griffin for the same price isn't a bad deal, especially on a team that had multiple roles to fill.

www.nba.com/rockets/news/...70-34.html (http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Rockets_Sign_Adrian_Griffin-82070-34.html)

for further discussion, come over to the other forum... :)

pub237.ezboard.com/ffulls...D=12.topic (http://pub237.ezboard.com/ffullsportpressfrm18.showMessage?topicID=12.topic)

KoriEllis
08-07-2003, 06:14 PM
Griffin + Pike is better than Posey for the Rockets. Now if you can just get Mobley and Francis to get the ball to Yao more often, you'll be fine. :)

DuffMcCartney
08-07-2003, 06:15 PM
Freaking Mavs fans are probably flipping out right now.

SequSpur
08-07-2003, 06:16 PM
uh oh, look out, the Rockets will be battling for that 9th seed again.

:sleepy

TheCat5
08-07-2003, 06:20 PM
bah, Utah's spot is wide open... and the Rockets were leading Phoenix by a couple of games until they lost Rudy, and had to finish the season without a coach. :cry

It's so funny to think about, though... with as quiet of a summer as the Rockets have had, they've still had twice the offseason that Dallas had. :lol

SequSpur
08-07-2003, 06:23 PM
Dallas won 60 games and went to the WCF.

Rockets were at home picking their noses and it looks like they will be doing it again this year.

Great moves Cat. Great moves.

I didn't know there were Rocket Homers too. I thought that was a Spurs thing.

If you are going to rag on a team, make sure they suck worse than your own.

TheCat5
08-07-2003, 06:31 PM
Oh, so you can only criticize teams if your team is better? That's honestly that stupidest thing I've ever read. I think Dallas had a poor summer, and I think it's funny given their owner and their resources. I don't think my knowledge or understanding of the game is diminished because my team didn't make the playoffs.

also, umm... exactly how do you figure that Houston will be sitting at home again? They signed two quality role players and a good head coach. What team is going to beat them out? You still think Utah will be in the playoffs? What have Seattle and Golden State done to improve more than the Rockets?

SequSpur
08-07-2003, 06:38 PM
Correction, they may make the eight seed. Sorry for the dilemma there Cat.

Dallas doesn't need to make any moves bro. If Nowitski didn't go down, Dallas may have beaten the Spurs.

Dallas will still be at the top of the West while the Rockets will be lookin up. Your little moves didn't make you a contender but a playoff squeaker.

You ever heard of a Scoreboard? Next time look at it when you go to a Rocket game, the one that usually says your team lost. Thats probably why you haven't noticed it. Maybe this year, you will get a feel for a winning scoreboard.

ducks
08-07-2003, 06:38 PM
the rockets vs the number one seed the spurs

:smokin2

SequSpur
08-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Ducks, the Spurs aren't going to be a number 1 seed again. Not with the moves they made.

I would say 3 or 4.

TheCat5
08-07-2003, 06:41 PM
Sequ,

seriously, what's your deal man? When did I say these moves made the Rockets a contender? When did I say that it made them better than Dallas, or even comparable to Dallas? All I was doing was saying that Dallas had a bad summer, which I see you guys doing all the time. Is it somehow OK for you but not for me?

Dallas has a hell of a team. I'm not sure what I said to imply otherwise. Also, considering the Rockets won more games than they lost, come up with a better insult...

ducks
08-07-2003, 06:42 PM
rasho will be tough willis will rub off on him:smokin2

you also did not think the spurs would catch dallas last year either right?

I believe in :spam

SequSpur
08-07-2003, 06:46 PM
I didn't knock Dallas or any other team, however, I am just stating that you seem to think that your Chess moves were greater than the Mavs.

The Mavs already beat the Rockets in the Chess game without even opening the box, catch my drift?

Now i know you mention them because they are the other Texas team and it would be idiotic to mention the Spurs in a Spurs forum, so i understand your ironic take.

If I mispoke, please forgive me as I on occasion but not often do.

So...

Rasho is weak Ducks. Sorry. Thats my company line.

ducks
08-07-2003, 06:48 PM
I bet he would beat the hell out of you:tyson

SequSpur
08-07-2003, 06:49 PM
LMAO! :rollin

Good one.

You are probably right, but I am talkin in the NBA Post.

TheCat5
08-07-2003, 06:51 PM
yeah, I see what you're saying. I do think the Rockets had a better summer than Dallas, but Dallas has been doing better over the last five years, and I know there's a lot more work the Rockets have to do.

The only reason I mention Dallas is that they're an in-state team and rival, and I don't like them. :lol I didn't mention the Spurs because I like them almost as much as I like the Rockets, and I think they had a good summer.

SequSpur
08-07-2003, 06:55 PM
You Rock Cat! You Rock Brotha.

Please know that my statements in no way reflect the ownership of this forum or any other. So the "you all" term doesn't apply to me.

Peace.

:fro

TheCat5
08-07-2003, 07:01 PM
haha, it's cool Sequ.

I'm always saying bad stuff about Dallas... they're kind of like the Lakers to me. Even if they start winning every championship, I'll still hate them and I'll still try and laugh at them. :lol I know they're a really good team, but I still like to have fun at their expense... :wink

ALSPURS
08-07-2003, 09:35 PM
This is the move that put them over the top....

:lol

SouthernDan
08-10-2003, 01:32 PM
Hang on SEQU - Dallas may have beaten San Antonio if Dirk didn't go down????? OMG, that's so much BS. Were you watching the minutes before he went down, the Spurs were absolutely creaming the Mavs from many different attack points. You need to to take that "may" and make it a "wouldn't" - there was absolutely no way the Mavs would have beaten the Spurs when they barely beat the Blazers without thier starting center.

Adrienne18
08-10-2003, 01:41 PM
nevermind...i should just keep this to myself so nothing I regret is said.

SequSpur
08-10-2003, 07:17 PM
Southern Dan, you are a boner homer.

If it wasn't for Kerr and Jackson bailing us out against Dallas, we would have lost.

If Dirk was there, he is there go to guy and he was gone.

:fro

T Park Num 9
08-10-2003, 09:52 PM
look at the game when Dirk was playing and look at the games he didnt.

The Spurs played much better when he played.

Better match ups, better rotations.

Learn the game you balding moron.

SouthernDan
08-11-2003, 03:02 AM
Thank You tpark9 - Sequ - since when do we exclude players on teams as not really part of the team. If it wasn't for Kobe, if it wasn't for shaq they wouldn't have had 3 championships. What kind of dumb shit is that??? Who's more of a homer discrediting peeps on payrolls of opposing teams?? Wake up.