05-16-2019, 01:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/fhi74T6.jpg

Nickeil Alexander-Walker

School: Virginia Tech
Position: SG/PG
Height: 6-foot-5.5
Weight: 203.8
Wingspan: 6-foot-9.5
Combine Results? Yes (https://stats.nba.com/draft/combine-anthro/)
Draft Range: 12 to 20

Why: Super smooth scorer. Has an array of dribble moves, leaners and floaters he can execute with either hand. High IQ playmaker and passer -- can still consistently make plays without being the main ball-handler. Picks his spots well while playing within the team framework. Quality three-point shooter -- 38.3% in his two years on 9.1 attempts per 100 possessions. Has surprisingly good post moves. Plays hard on defense. Could possibly defend multiple positions due to his length.

Why Not: While he's a fluid, coordinated athlete, he's not explosive in the least. He doesn't jump well at all; plays far below the rim. Scoring in the lane at the NBA level could be difficult due to aforementioned athleticism limitations. Slow release on jumper, low-ish release point and doesn't elevate much. Defensive ceiling is relatively low because he doesn't have the physical tools.

Spurs Fit: His game is developed so wouldn't need much time in Austin. Fits pretty well next to White, Murray and Walker because he can take some of the playmaking duties without dominating the ball.

Spurs Comparison - Ceiling: Willie Anderson, smaller but better shooter

Spurs Comparison - Floor: Nando De Colo

College Stats (https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/nickeil-alexander-walker-1.html)
Highlight Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Akmea7_T3M)
Tankathon Profile (http://www.tankathon.com/players/nickeil-alexander-walker)
The Stepien Profile (https://www.thestepien.com/2019/01/06/draft-notes-attempting-understand-nickeil-alexander-walker/)

Seventyniner
05-16-2019, 02:57 PM
Oh hell NAW.

(I just wanted to say that, I had never heard of this guy before, I have no opinion)

Marco
05-16-2019, 02:59 PM
Lottery talent for sure

BWS-1994
05-16-2019, 02:59 PM
Oh hell NAW.

(I just wanted to say that, I had never heard of this guy before, I have no opinion)

:lol

Maddog
05-16-2019, 03:48 PM
Spurs Comparison - Ceiling: Willie Anderson, smaller but better shooter, less children

kobyz
05-16-2019, 03:52 PM
Gives some Derick White vibes...

duncan2150
05-16-2019, 04:31 PM
I like a lot of prospects but I think this is my guy. Very complete player, I doubt he will be available at 19.

exstatic
05-16-2019, 04:52 PM
I like a lot of prospects but I think this is my guy. Very complete player, I doubt he will be available at 19.

Tankathon has him at 18 on their Big board, and 16 in their Mock.

duncan2150
05-16-2019, 05:12 PM
Tankathon has him at 18 on their Big board, and 16 in their Mock.

True , he Can be there at 19. As a pg sg he is not a need but he Can play Bigger and i like his tools especially on D.

timvp
05-27-2019, 03:30 PM
Seems to be dropping into San Antonio's range at 19. He's not the best fit because the Spurs have a ton of PG/SG types but if the team's goal is to have a squad filled with dribble penetrators and playmakers with decent to good size, he fits -- especially because he's a knockdown shooter when open.

For example, a lineup of White, NAW and DeRozan is a good mix of playmaking, penetration, ball-handling, shooting with adequate length on defense. Hmmm...

Dejounte
05-27-2019, 03:35 PM
Seems to be dropping into San Antonio's range at 19. He's not the best fit because the Spurs have a ton of PG/SG types but if the team's goal is to have a squad filled with dribble penetrators and playmakers with decent to good size, he fits -- especially because he's a knockdown shooter when open.

For example, a lineup of White, NAW and DeRozan is a good mix of playmaking, penetration, ball-handling, shooting with adequate length on defense. Hmmm...

Doesnt fix defense. No thanks.

duncan2150
05-27-2019, 03:53 PM

I like him, he is a complete Player and for dejounte he is a very good stealer.

timvp
05-27-2019, 04:00 PM
Doesnt fix defense. No thanks.

Whoever the Spurs draft is unlikely to play meaningful minutes ... much less "fix" anything.

DPG21920
05-27-2019, 04:09 PM
Whoever the Spurs draft is unlikely to play meaningful minutes ... much less "fix" anything.

So you aren’t high on Hunter :stirpot

Dejounte
05-27-2019, 04:18 PM

It will be hard to land anyone meaningful in free agency that is a forward thats tall, shoots 3s and can defend. Might as well try to develop one even if takes a year or two so we can keep them for a decade to grow with our core.

kobyz
05-27-2019, 04:38 PM
Would be nice to get him at #19, two Derrick White in the backcourt, NAW is very much a clone of him...

RC_Drunkford
05-27-2019, 05:23 PM
no more guards please

Dr. John R. Brinkley
06-18-2019, 04:26 PM
I saw him listed on a “cannot fail” draft list. The description of him sounds classic Spurs. High ball IQ, highly skilled, underwhelming athlete. Well coached. Is cousins with Gilgeous Alexander. Anyway, I could somehow see this happening at 19 as well.

Kurik
06-18-2019, 04:52 PM
If he falls to 19, I would be happy with taking him assuming/hoping his 3pt shooting holds up.

EricB
06-19-2019, 01:32 AM

If the Spurs hit their guy and trade up for him, he’s playing this year.