De'Andre Hunter

School: Virginia
Position: SF
Height: 6-foot-7
Weight: 225
Wingspan: 7-foot-2
Draft Range: 4 to 7
Combine Results? No

Why: Game-changing combination of length and quickness defensively. Could be an elite defender from Day 1. He's also strong enough to defend the low-post well in today's NBA and smart enough to thrive in a team concept. Offensively, he projects to be a strong shooter. Connected on 43.8% of his three-pointers and 78.3% of his free throws as a sophomore. Unselfish, moves well without the ball and plays hard.

Why Not: Good not great athlete -- explosiveness in tight quarters lacking. Ball-handling needs work and not the most natural passer. Doesn't disrupt much on defense ... more of a nuisance. His length suggests he could slide to the 4 but his lack of rebounding ability might make that difficult. Upside as a scorer somewhat limited because he's not naturally demonstrative.

Spurs Fit: He'd slide right into the starting lineup and, long-term, would fit well next to White, Murray, Walker and Poeltl.

Spurs Comparison - Ceiling: 2015 Kawhi Leonard

Spurs Comparison - Floor: 2013 Kawhi Leonard

College Stats (https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/deandre-hunter-1.html)
Highlight Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG0dq6ixYPg)
Tankathon Profile (http://www.tankathon.com/players/de-andre-hunter)
NBA.com Profile (https://in.nba.com/news/nba-draft-2019-deandre-hunter-scouting-report-strengths-weaknesses-and-player-comparison/17z0v12f4nlzg1shaocpnpxww7)

Russ
05-19-2019, 10:36 PM
https://i.imgur.com/eJBsfNS.jpg

Draft Range: 4 to 7

That pretty much tells the tale.

Play Boban
05-19-2019, 10:49 PM
:cry

DPG21920
05-19-2019, 11:01 PM
This is the dream scenario. Anything outside of White/Murray/Lonnie should be on the table for this guy.

slick'81
05-19-2019, 11:05 PM
Nice meth pipe dream

Play Boban
05-19-2019, 11:08 PM
This is the dream scenario. Anything outside of White/Murray/Lonnie should be on the table for this guy.
:lmao I’d trade Flat Earther for a bag of manure from my local farm tbh. :lmao

Chinook
05-19-2019, 11:28 PM
That's a hell of a floor. 2013 Leonard was still a very good role-player. Even many of the top prospects have a lower floor than that.

Chinook
05-19-2019, 11:31 PM

You're only going to end up keeping at most two of those guys anyway. May as well trade the one you think will be the worst. Murray has more upside than White, but he's also up for a big money sooner. Lonnie has it over both of them, but I guess if you don't think he will be healthy enough to get close to his ceiling, you may as well strike while he has value.

timvp
05-19-2019, 11:37 PM
That's a hell of a floor. 2013 Leonard was still a very good role-player. Even many of the top prospects have a lower floor than that.

Yeah, better floor would have been somewhere between rookie Kawhi and second-year Kawhi ... but somewhere around there. Depending on how much one worries about Zion's weight impacting his health (and his ability to keep his weight reasonable), Hunter might be the safest pick in the draft.

DPG21920
05-20-2019, 12:11 AM
You're only going to end up keeping at most two of those guys anyway. May as well trade the one you think will be the worst. Murray has more upside than White, but he's also up for a big money sooner. Lonnie has it over both of them, but I guess if you don't think he will be healthy enough to get close to his ceiling, you may as well strike while he has value.

Unless they are all max guys don’t see why SA couldn’t keep them all especially with DeRozan and LMA off the books in 1-2 years.

Chinook
05-20-2019, 12:16 AM
Unless they are all max guys don’t see why SA couldn’t keep them all especially with DeRozan and LMA off the books in 1-2 years.

Because it would still be a lot of money spent on guards. Maybe you keep them all on "value" deals, but if they're not max guys anyway, why are they stopping you from picking up the "ideal" wing?

DPG21920
05-20-2019, 12:20 AM
Because it would still be a lot of money spent on guards. Maybe you keep them all on "value" deals, but if they're not max guys anyway, why are they stopping you from picking up the "ideal" wing?

I think if you view DeRozan as a SF then you can be fine with Lonnie there. Just saying I don’t see it being an issue; at least not one worth worrying about now.

No reason to give up youth right now unless you have to. I don’t see giving up youth + LMA or DeRozan as a viable path. They are worth more than draft picks since we’ve seen good things already.

You can be a non max guy and still be good.

Nathan89
05-20-2019, 12:26 AM
You trade any of those guys if his ceiling and floor include any year of Kawhi tbh.

Chinook
05-20-2019, 12:29 AM
I think if you view DeRozan as a SF then you can be fine with Lonnie there. Just saying I don’t see it being an issue; at least not one worth worrying about now.

No reason to give up youth right now unless you have to. I don’t see giving up youth + LMA or DeRozan as a viable path. They are worth more than draft picks since we’ve seen good things already.

As I said, I see it like this:

Walker
Murray Poeltl
White

If Hunter is at or above Walker's level, then Murray or especially White shouldn't stop you from getting him. Ultimately, you don't draft a contender. You use the draft to supplement your main guys, but you aren't going to select a whole title-worthy team in a couple of years and just hold onto them for a decade. That's why the Spurs' approach of going from David to Tim to Parker/Manu to Leonard made sense. They're not all supposed to have the same window.

If Hunter, Murray and Walker are your core going forward, then so be it. Pay them and surround them with smart draft picks and savvy signings. You start paying everybody because "Hey, they're worth it in a vacuum". you get to be like the Iggy Nuggets or the Grit-and-Grind Grizzlies real fast.

Presti's problem wasn't that he traded away one of his young core. Indeed, he was just working under constraints given to him by the owner. The problem was that he picked the wrong guy to dump. Harden, KD, Ibaka and Adams would likely still be a strong unit today if he had realized that Westbrook was never really going to get better than he was back then.

r0drig0lac
05-20-2019, 04:40 AM
You trade any of those guys if his ceiling and floor include any year of Kawhi tbh

word x1000

any year Kawhi Leonard without uncle Dennis = perfect choice

NickiRasgo
05-20-2019, 07:01 AM
Unfortunately, Laker bound. Probably assurance if they won't be getting a star SF this offseason.

ZeusWillJudge
05-20-2019, 12:06 PM
Hunter was the guy I wanted for the Spurs from the beginning of the season. I thought he might make it just about to where the Spurs would be drafting. By mid-season I thought the Spurs might be able to move up to get him. Now I don't think they can even do that.

He's one of those guys people look back and say, "Man, the Spurs should have traded up for him." But it was never a realistic possibility.

exstatic
05-20-2019, 12:23 PM
Unfortunately, Laker bound. Probably assurance if they won't be getting a star SF this offseason.

How does that help the later LeBron years? They proved last year that even a group of decent younger players won't be enough support to get 'Bron into the playoffs. DD may be better than anyone they can get to sign there. Throw in a youngster or two, and it's a boat race.

DPG21920
05-20-2019, 12:28 PM
As I said, I see it like this:

Walker
Murray Poeltl
White

If Hunter is at or above Walker's level, then Murray or especially White shouldn't stop you from getting him. Ultimately, you don't draft a contender. You use the draft to supplement your main guys, but you aren't going to select a whole title-worthy team in a couple of years and just hold onto them for a decade. That's why the Spurs' approach of going from David to Tim to Parker/Manu to Leonard made sense. They're not all supposed to have the same window.

If Hunter, Murray and Walker are your core going forward, then so be it. Pay them and surround them with smart draft picks and savvy signings. You start paying everybody because "Hey, they're worth it in a vacuum". you get to be like the Iggy Nuggets or the Grit-and-Grind Grizzlies real fast.

Presti's problem wasn't that he traded away one of his young core. Indeed, he was just working under constraints given to him by the owner. The problem was that he picked the wrong guy to dump. Harden, KD, Ibaka and Adams would likely still be a strong unit today if he had realized that Westbrook was never really going to get better than he was back then.

But SA drafted all of those players. Just like OKC and GS did. You can also use the draft to supplement and keep low cost but great role players, but I really don’t see why keeping the core together if they are all actually good would be an issue.

Do I think if SA believes they have Kawhi that they should not trade any youth? Nope. Just saying that they are rebuilding so youth matters more and also really saying that I don’t think SA should be trading LMA/DeRozan plus them in deals like this.

Was more a conversation about trading DeRozan/LMA than the youth.

But unless we hear something about LMA/DeRozan being available the point is moot

CGD
05-20-2019, 05:16 PM
I wish there was a way to get this guy.

kobyz
05-20-2019, 07:27 PM
I wish there was a way to get this guy.

Maybe using Walker together with our two firsts to move up in the draft and get a top 10 pick...

CGD
05-20-2019, 07:30 PM
Maybe using Walker together with our two firsts to move up in the draft and get a top 10 pick...

This is when I wish the draft came AFTER free agency. One of the Lakers or Knicks are going to underwhelm in the offseason (my bet it’s the Lakers). If they’re pressured to bring in a star then they are more likely to make #4 in swap for a DeRozen type.

Chinook
05-21-2019, 12:54 AM
But SA drafted all of those players. Just like OKC and GS did. You can also use the draft to supplement and keep low cost but great role players, but I really don’t see why keeping the core together if they are all actually good would be an issue.

Nah. Neither team kept "all those players". OKC traded Harden and Green away. GS trade for Bogut and Iggy. In particular the Warriors knew not to let just "actually good" guys block the way to really improving. The Spurs can sign whomever they want, but they aren't going to win a title paying three 6-5 guards big contracts.

Do I think if SA believes they have Kawhi that they should not trade any youth? Nope. Just saying that they are rebuilding so youth matters more and also really saying that I don’t think SA should be trading LMA/DeRozan plus them in deals like this.

Was more a conversation about trading DeRozan/LMA than the youth.

But unless we hear something about LMA/DeRozan being available the point is moot

Youth only matters if it's the "right" youth, though. You trade as many Jeff Greens and Harrison Barneses away that you need to go get the Leonards of the world. Would I rather trade White/Murray/Poeltl or Aldridge/DeRozan? It's almost certainly one of the former group if the acquisition is a guy like Hunter. There's no reason to worry about the "future" of White or Murray when you have a chance to contend in the next two years. This isn't trading Zion for Davis or something. Even the team's platinum prospect in Walker is just a high silver prospect in general. The chances that either player will be an All-NBA/perennial All-Star guy are slim. For both to be would require extremely long odds. They're good players who are likely to get better, and I'd like to keep them. But I'd prefer two A-tier prospects and DeRozan and Aldridge rather than two A-tier prospects, two big-tier prospects and just one or none of Aldridge or DeRozan.

I would have rather the Spurs done a trade for a better shooter rather than DeRozan. Then, I'd feel better about the team being able to find perimeter players in the draft to fill in the gaps. I'm not against a DMDR trade at all. But I don't see it as a win-now trade unless another high-caliber vet is coming in. If the goal isn't to win now, I don't think someone like White really matters. Once he gets done with his rookie deal, his value goes WAY down.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-21-2019, 01:44 AM
Would love to see him on the Spurs. Not sure how that happens though.

slick'81
05-21-2019, 03:38 AM
Would love to see him on the Spurs. Not sure how that happens though.

Some team willing to deal with us and netting a top8 pick

NickiRasgo
05-21-2019, 12:02 PM
How does that help the later LeBron years? They proved last year that even a group of decent younger players won't be enough support to get 'Bron into the playoffs. DD may be better than anyone they can get to sign there. Throw in a youngster or two, and it's a boat race.

I don't think LeBron still the circle of attention in LA in recent news on them - Walton and Magic's departure, signing Vogel over Lue (against LeBron's preference), LeBron being in trade rumors (might be take a grain of salt but still...). I won't be surprised if they have another plan to go being youth again instead of going after stars. This off-season will dictate their future's plan but I gotta admit that their 4th pick is big. I'm really upset when they got it.

NickiRasgo
05-21-2019, 12:11 PM
I've only watched his highlights but how is he in the actual game? The first player that he reminded of is Harrison Barnes not Kawhi Leonard but that's just me.

kobyz
05-21-2019, 05:26 PM
He's probably going #4 and no way Lakers ever deal with us...

TD 21
05-21-2019, 05:34 PM

So many don't seem to get this. If these 3 all become solid, starting caliber players or more, then an eventual decision will have to be made anyway. Sure, they can play together in spurts, but not as a constant.

Obviously, they don't have to expedite this, but the roster makes no sense anyway. If they could kill 2 birds with 1 stone, they absolutely should.

Keeping Walker is a no brainer. He's got the highest ceiling, is the only one with the rough outline of go-to scoring ability and is a more natural SG/wing. You can debate Murray/White. I prefer the latter, but if you think they're close enough, it shouldn't matter that much.

Biggems
05-21-2019, 09:26 PM
I really like this prospect, but have resigned myself to the fact that he will be long gone by 19

Mugen
05-21-2019, 10:09 PM
Think there's a typo, I didn't see "needs a year in Austin to get over himself and learn culture" tbh

slick'81
05-21-2019, 10:09 PM
Never get a high enough pick for this stud

Mugen
05-21-2019, 10:10 PM
So many don't seem to get this. If these 3 all become solid, starting caliber players or more, then an eventual decision will have to be made anyway. Sure, they can play together in spurts, but not as a constant.

Obviously, they don't have to expedite this, but the roster makes no sense anyway. If they could kill 2 birds with 1 stone, they absolutely should.

Keeping Walker is a no brainer. He's got the highest ceiling, is the only one with the rough outline of go-to scoring ability and is a more natural SG/wing. You can debate Murray/White. I prefer the latter, but if you think they're close enough, it shouldn't matter that much.

You really can't tbh.

look_at_g_shred
05-21-2019, 10:18 PM
Damn mugen really going in tonight. Kawhi has him throwing bitch fits at the keyboard like a 15 year old girl tbh

Mugen
05-21-2019, 10:19 PM
Damn mugen really going in tonight. Kawhi has him throwing bitch fits at the keyboard like a 15 year old girl tbh

:lol Who are you again?

Chinook
05-22-2019, 12:21 AM
You really can't tbh.

The funny thing is that I don't know which "side" you're on in that debate.

Mugen
05-22-2019, 10:45 AM
The funny thing is that I don't know which "side" you're on in that debate.

I'm on the Pau side.

Chinook
05-22-2019, 10:56 AM
I'm on the Pau side.

No idea you spoke Spanish

RC_Drunkford
05-22-2019, 11:01 AM
I'm on the Pau side.

:lmao

TD 21
05-22-2019, 04:18 PM
You really can't tbh.

I meant long term. I'd still take White, but it's not like it's out of the realm of possibilities that Murray ends up better.

ace3g
06-08-2019, 10:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm7xsXeck-4

TDomination
06-08-2019, 11:05 AM
So are we going to get this guy or what?

Dennis the Menace
06-08-2019, 12:11 PM

Trade Demar, 19, 29, whatever it takes

exstatic
06-09-2019, 05:47 PM

No chance, unless Phoenix trades us that pick. There’s no way to use the draft assets we have now to climb that high.

look_at_g_shred
06-13-2019, 11:45 PM
Would love to get him somehow

Spurs fever
06-14-2019, 02:33 PM
Trade LA for him. ����

weebo
06-16-2019, 02:05 PM
So the lakers aren't getting him...

John B
06-16-2019, 04:17 PM
So the lakers aren't getting him...
But now NO will. What’s the status on Ingram?

Cryptic Parable
06-16-2019, 08:23 PM
Yeah, better floor would have been somewhere between rookie Kawhi and second-year Kawhi ... but somewhere around there. Depending on how much one worries about Zion's weight impacting his health (and his ability to keep his weight reasonable), Hunter might be the safest pick in the draft.

Since Kwahi got a chip Hunter's stock might have gone up a bit for a copy cat league. He'll be gone long before 19 it's a matter of maneuvering and phone calls.

John B
06-16-2019, 08:52 PM
Since Kwahi got a chip Hunter's stock might have gone up a bit for a copy cat league. He'll be gone long before 19 it's a matter of maneuvering and phone calls.
We could go for VanFleet ceiling, but we already have Brynn for that

DPG21920
06-17-2019, 07:52 PM
What is really interesting here is there ARE A LOT of people that have Hunter wayyyyy lower in their tiers than where him getting drafted suggests. Like way lower. As in tier 3 vs tier 1 or even 2.

John B
06-18-2019, 09:49 AM
What is really interesting here is there ARE A LOT of people that have Hunter wayyyyy lower in their tiers than where him getting drafted suggests. Like way lower. As in tier 3 vs tier 1 or even 2.
Let’s hope it stays that way

look_at_g_shred
06-18-2019, 09:51 AM
Furthest i've seen him drop is 8

DPG21920
06-18-2019, 10:16 AM
Furthest i've seen him drop is 8

For sure - there is a huge difference in people ranking prospects on their board and where they will actually get drafted. Same with Coby White. Plenty of people have him low but he’s going to go in the top 10

Mugen
06-18-2019, 10:53 AM
I like him even though the Spurs aren't gonna get him. But I do see a lot of Harrison Barnes when I've watched him play.

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-18-2019, 01:23 PM
This guy is going top 10 for sure. Most likely top 5

dubross
06-18-2019, 01:45 PM
To be honest I’d rather have Little. Although little has a lower floor, his potential is much more

ZeusWillJudge
06-18-2019, 01:49 PM

Hunter was the guy I wanted the Spurs to draft, back at the beginning of the season. He was far enough under the hype radar that I thought the Spurs would have a shot. He played his way out of reach, and then really put a nail in the coffin during the NCAA Tournament. I don't think there's any way he falls lower than 6, but there's no way he's getting past 10. I don't know who the people are who have him as a tier 3 player, but I doubt they have jobs with NBA teams.

DPG21920
06-18-2019, 02:12 PM
Hunter was the guy I wanted the Spurs to draft, back at the beginning of the season. He was far enough under the hype radar that I thought the Spurs would have a shot. He played his way out of reach, and then really put a nail in the coffin during the NCAA Tournament. I don't think there's any way he falls lower than 6, but there's no way he's getting past 10. I don't know who the people are who have him as a tier 3 player, but I doubt they have jobs with NBA teams.

Well it’s people that are relatively trusted in terms of basketball twitter and work for reputable sites; but many don’t consult with or work for teams.

Dejounte
06-18-2019, 03:11 PM
To be honest I’d rather have Little. Although little has a lower floor, his potential is much more

Based off what exactly? Little is garbage.

look_at_g_shred
06-18-2019, 03:29 PM
Gun to your head, Little or Rui?

Dejounte
06-18-2019, 05:37 PM
Gun to your head, Little or Rui?

Rather kill myself but to answer your question: Rui

ZeusWillJudge
06-18-2019, 05:52 PM
Well it’s people that are relatively trusted in terms of basketball twitter and work for reputable sites; but many don’t consult with or work for teams.

That was pretty salty of me. I'm just really worn out with the "analysts" this year. Seeing the same guy projected as a Top 10 pick, and also down in the mid-second round. Worse than the damn Weather Channel. Maybe it's just me, but it seems to be worse than ever this year.

Hunter as a tier 3 player just doesn't make any sense to me. I understand saying that he's not an insta-star, ROY type of player. So if that's Tier 2, I get it. It's pretty well accepted that there is a big drop after the first 2-3-4 players. But he checks so many boxes for the Spurs. If they had the 10 pick, and he fell that far, I can't see any chance of them passing on him. With the demand for guys his size who can shoot the 3 at an elite level AND he's probably the best man defender in the draft? I can't see any NBA GM letting him get past 10, no matter what any analysts say.

ace3g
06-18-2019, 07:20 PM
The Hawks are “very high” on Virginia forward De’Andre Hunter (https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/deandre-hunter-1.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-), according to ESPN’s Jonathan Givony (Insider link (https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/26719722/nba-mock-draft-latest-intel-all-60-picks-2019)). Sources tell Givony that Atlanta is the only team Hunter has worked out for, though if the Hawks want to secure him, they may have to trade up from No. 8. The Hawks are also said to like (https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/05/draft-notes-hawks-culver-morant-knicks.html) Jarrett Culver (https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jarrett-culver-1.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-).

ZeusWillJudge
06-18-2019, 07:52 PM
The Hawks are “very high” on Virginia forward De’Andre Hunter (https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/deandre-hunter-1.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-), according to ESPN’s Jonathan Givony (Insider link (https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/26719722/nba-mock-draft-latest-intel-all-60-picks-2019)). Sources tell Givony that Atlanta is the only team Hunter has worked out for, though if the Hawks want to secure him, they may have to trade up from No. 8. The Hawks are also said to like (https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/05/draft-notes-hawks-culver-morant-knicks.html) Jarrett Culver (https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jarrett-culver-1.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-).

Atlanta owns 8 and 10. I don't think there's any way they pass on Hunter twice. That's why I said that 10 is the lowest I can see him going.

Atlanta also owns 17, and has a shitload of cap space to absorb salaries. I expect them to trade one of those picks to get a good player. If they could trade 8 and still get Hunter at 10, I think they would jump on it without question.

DesignatedT
06-18-2019, 07:53 PM
My guess is Atlanta trades up to 4 to grab hunter or culver, whoever they like most.

DPG21920
06-18-2019, 09:50 PM
That was pretty salty of me. I'm just really worn out with the "analysts" this year. Seeing the same guy projected as a Top 10 pick, and also down in the mid-second round. Worse than the damn Weather Channel. Maybe it's just me, but it seems to be worse than ever this year.

Hunter as a tier 3 player just doesn't make any sense to me. I understand saying that he's not an insta-star, ROY type of player. So if that's Tier 2, I get it. It's pretty well accepted that there is a big drop after the first 2-3-4 players. But he checks so many boxes for the Spurs. If they had the 10 pick, and he fell that far, I can't see any chance of them passing on him. With the demand for guys his size who can shoot the 3 at an elite level AND he's probably the best man defender in the draft? I can't see any NBA GM letting him get past 10, no matter what any analysts say.

For sure - they didn’t expect him to fall but the reason he’s ranked low is because his ceiling isn’t thought of as high. For a top 8 pick you’d want more upside.

Dennis the Menace
06-18-2019, 09:58 PM
My guess is Atlanta trades up to 4 to grab hunter or culver, whoever they like most.

kobyz
06-19-2019, 12:22 AM
I hope we get him, LMA for the forth pick!

dubross
06-19-2019, 06:03 AM

Just said it, he has way more upside and higher ceiling than Hunter. Little did take a step back his freshmen year but he has all the tools. If you were to swing for the fences on all star talent it’s Little over Hunter. If you want an above average role player you pick Hunter. Roy Williams killed his draft stock. His shot can be fixed.

Dejounte
06-19-2019, 06:07 AM
Just said it, he has way more upside and higher ceiling than Hunter. Little did take a step back his freshmen year but he has all the tools. If you were to swing for the fences on all star talent it’s Little over Hunter. If you want an above average role player you pick Hunter. Roy Williams killed his draft stock. His shot can be fixed.

Youre not saying anything... I literally asked you, why do you claim he has more upside and higher ceiling and what is that based off of. And you answered, Little has more upside and a higher ceiling based off of having more upside and a higher ceiling. Wtf? What tools? Youre saying a bunch of nothing.

Little is a midget SF whose name is going to be forgotten in a few years.

Dejounte
06-19-2019, 06:15 AM
Does anyone remember Sheldon Williams? I didnt think so. He was the 5th pick in the 2006 draft. People are afraid to call out busts. Not everyone projected in the top 15 is going to make it. Little is one of those players.

dubross
06-19-2019, 06:41 AM
Youre not saying anything... I literally asked you, why do you claim he has more upside and higher ceiling and what is that based off of. And you answered, Little has more upside and a higher ceiling based off of having more upside and a higher ceiling. Wtf? What tools? Youre saying a bunch of nothing.

Little is a midget SF whose name is going to be forgotten in a few years.

How is little a midget? They practically have the same measurables. Little is more athletic, he has a high motor, and good work ethic, he can finish around the rim better, rebounder. He was considered a top 5 to 10 pick coming out of high school. His shot is fixable. Like i said he has more potential than Hunter. You asked why I would rather have him because he is still raw, younger and his ceiling is higher than Hunter. Hunter is in the mold of Covington,

Dejounte
06-19-2019, 07:17 AM
How is little a midget? They practically have the same measurables. Little is more athletic, he has a high motor, and good work ethic, he can finish around the rim better, rebounder. He was considered a top 5 to 10 pick coming out of high school. His shot is fixable. Like i said he has more potential than Hunter. You asked why I would rather have him because he is still raw, younger and his ceiling is higher than Hunter. Hunter is in the mold of Covington,

Little measured in at 6'4.5 without shoes. That is shorter than Danny Green and DeMar. You dont want your future SF to be that size. Thats just damn short, and his wingspan doesnt make up for it. Hunter didnt participate in the combine for his measurements. But if he was as short as Little, he would drop down my list too.

dubross
06-19-2019, 07:28 AM
Little measured in at 6'4.5 without shoes. That is shorter than Danny Green and DeMar. You dont want your future SF to be that size. Thats just damn short, and his wingspan doesnt make up for it. Hunter didnt participate in the combine for his measurements. But if he was as short as Little, he would drop down my list too.

Little 6’6 with shoes with 7’1 wingspan at 224, Hunter is 6’7 with shoes 7’0 wingspan at 225

Dejounte
06-19-2019, 07:48 AM
Little 6’6 with shoes with 7’1 wingspan at 224, Hunter is 6’7 with shoes 7’0 wingspan at 225

Again, 6'6" is too short for a modern small forward. Those measurements for Hunter arent official.

dubross
06-19-2019, 08:12 AM
Again, 6'6" is too short for a modern small forward. Those measurements for Hunter arent official.

6’6 & 6’7 are just fine if you have over a 7ft wingspan and standing reach above 8 3/4 ft.