PDA

View Full Version : HoopsHype: Spurs' DeMar DeRozan 'possibly could be on the trade block' for Lakers

Man Mountain
05-23-2019, 08:53 PM
https://hoopshype.com/2019/05/23/demar-derozan-nba-trade-rumors-los-angeles-lakers-san-antonio-spurs/

I want more than a pick but that's a good start!

slick'81
05-23-2019, 08:55 PM
Alot of questions :lmao

gambit1990
05-23-2019, 08:55 PM
yes please.

baseline bum
05-23-2019, 08:57 PM
Don't want anything on the Lakers other than the #4 pick, and LA won't move that at the draft since DeRozan is a deep backup plan for them if no one wants to join that sinking ship.

Uriel
05-23-2019, 08:58 PM
Windhorst is just speculating. He doesn't name any sources that say he actually is on the trade block.

FkLA
05-23-2019, 09:00 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/S3Ot3hZ5bcy8o/giphy.gif

RD2191
05-23-2019, 09:01 PM
I don't think even the Lakers want Defrozen tbh

Chris
Windhorst is just speculating. He doesn't name any sources that say he actually is on the trade block.

Fathorse always has a friendly media report when it comes to anything Lebron.

DavidTheGoliath
The more the media picks up on this, the less likely its going to happen.

slick'81
The only thing that made sense in all that speculative drivel is demar isnt in the spurs long term plans

mo7888
05-23-2019, 09:02 PM

His sources have always been from inside clutch sports.

Robz4000
05-23-2019, 09:02 PM
Don't want anything on the Lakers other than the #4 pick, and LA won't move that at the draft since DeRozan is a deep backup plan for them if no one wants to join that sinking ship.

This.

spurraider21
05-23-2019, 09:07 PM
if the lakers send the #4 pick for derozan i legit think the state of california should step in and take the franchise away from the buss children.

just dumping his contract for peanuts would be a legit move anyway.

slick'81
05-23-2019, 09:08 PM
if the lakers send the #4 pick for derozan i legit think the state of california should step in and take the franchise away from the buss children

Talk about bailing us out bigtime.Not to mention they have to throw in another piece

D-Robinson 50 fan
05-23-2019, 09:08 PM
His sources have always been from inside clutch sports.

So maybe they know DeRozan’s fragile mental state and asked their media mouth piece to put this info out there to fuck with the Spurs? Lol.

I know it’s a bit of a reach but I’m sure the Lakers aren’t happy that San Antonio refused to take their bullshit for Kawhi and then meddled with their trade for Anthony Davis. It was rumors that Pop talked with Dell Demps and informed him not to fold under the pressure the Lakers was trying to apply

I’ve now taken my conspiracy theory cap off. Lmao.

NASpurs
05-23-2019, 09:12 PM
All I know is we better not extend DeMar when the time comes. He was fun for a quick rebound type girlfriend but fuck giving the bitch a wedding ring.

gambit1990
05-23-2019, 09:13 PM
lebron is the best to play the game but does not have an eye for players. same with jordan but jordan is worse.

timvp
05-23-2019, 09:14 PM
Thoughts:

-Windhorst is the most believable source for anything related to LeBron. He was also in on the Nephew-DeRozan trade before anyone else in major media.

-I can't buy the rumor, though. The Lakers struggled primarily last season because they surrounded LeBron with non-shooters. Would they really be dumb enough to solve that by going out and acquiring the most non-shooter perimeter scorer in the league? That's beyond stupid even basing it off of on the generous Lakers scale.

-There's no way the Lakers punt on free agency by absorbing DeRozan into salary cap space. That'd be adding layers to the already stupid move.

-I'd obviously do DeRozan for the fourth. Even if the Lakers add some trash, I probably still go for it.

-The three best fits with #4 would be RJ Barrett, DeAndre Hunter and Cam Reddish. Barrett very likely to go third so the choice would be either the safe Hunter or shoot for the sun with Reddish. Only other player that could enter the conversation would be Jarrett Culver if the Spurs want a direct replacement for DeRozan. But, obviously, the strong favorite would be Hunter since he would fit so seamlessly.

Degoat
05-23-2019, 09:21 PM
I’d love to have the number 4 pick but there’s no way this happens guys

Degoat
05-23-2019, 09:22 PM
I do wonder if Pop and RC thought we’d be better with 2 all stars (DeMar & La) because what’s crazy is we only won 1 more game then the previous season

Spurs fever
05-23-2019, 09:23 PM
How bout Aldridge for the 4th pick?

Seventyniner
05-23-2019, 09:25 PM
-I can't buy the rumor, though. The Lakers struggled primarily last season because they surrounded LeBron with non-shooters. Would they really be dumb enough to solve that by going out and acquiring the most non-shooter perimeter scorer in the league? That's beyond stupid even basing it off of on the generous Lakers scale.

-There's no way the Lakers punt on free agency by absorbing DeRozan into salary cap space. That'd be adding layers to the already stupid move.

You just might be underestimating the Lakers' stupidity here.

The deal would have to eat up at least some Laker cap space. The only ballast they have on the books for 2019-2020 is Lonzo and Ingram, and that only gets them to $16M. A rough guess at the Lakers' cap room after a deal (which includes other expiring Lakers to balance because it would happen before July 1) is around $23M, or $11M less than they would otherwise have. That's a big step down, especially because it takes them out of contention for a max for many of the big names.

I would laugh my ass off if it happened though. It would end up kind of being a 3-way SA/TOR/LAL trade where the Lakers end up with the worst asset.

Genovaswitness
05-23-2019, 09:26 PM
I would give this fucking loser up for the 60th pick

timvp
05-23-2019, 09:27 PM
You just might be underestimating the Lakers' stupidity here.

Ever since the real Buss died and the kids took over, they've taken stupidity to new levels. But, man, this would take the cake :lol

Stump
05-23-2019, 09:29 PM
Could a deal be done in late July? Say the Lakers miss out on the big free agents. Could they trade the rights to De'Andre Hunter (assuming of course they take him) for DDR?

baseline bum
05-23-2019, 09:30 PM
The Lakers struggled primarily last season because they surrounded LeBron with non-shooters. Would they really be dumb enough to solve that by going out and acquiring the most non-shooter perimeter scorer in the league?

Absolutely would be dumb enough.

D-Robinson 50 fan
05-23-2019, 09:31 PM
In theory trading Derozan is a good idea but I really worry who on the perimeter can consistently create shots for themselves and others? I like White and he has shown he is solid at creating shots but isn’t really there yet as a consistent threat. Murray might be there next year but lord knows he wasn’t his 1st two seasons. Walker is just a second year player, Mills and Marco aren’t the answer. None of the rookies outside of Ja Morant don’t really look like consistent shot creators and of course you can’t expect too much from a rookie.

i think if our team is to trade Demar then they should trade Aldridge and any vet we can get a good asset for also to start a rebuild which I’m not opposed too at all

timvp
05-23-2019, 09:31 PM
Could a deal be done in late July? Say the Lakers miss out on the big free agents. Could they trade the rights to De'Andre Hunter (assuming of course they take him) for DDR?

It's possible but that's very rarely how it works with regard to trading draft picks.

I can't even think of a lottery pick being traded after the draft but before the season started. Hmmm....

RC_Drunkford
05-23-2019, 09:32 PM
The question I'm asking myself is what would the Spurs do with the created cap space? I don't see them getting any big free agents. Middleton and Klay likely stay, Butler and Harris are looking for max deals and we don't need more PGs (Kyrie, Kemba). That would leave them with role players, which to be fair, most of the top 3-and-Ds are on the market this offseason. With that being said, I wouldn't want to pay a 30 year old Bogdanović either.

BG_Spurs_Fan
It's possible but that's very rarely how it works with regard to trading draft picks.

I can't even think of a lottery pick being traded after the draft but before the season started. Hmmm....

Love for Wiggins.

lmbebo
:wow

Interesting ....

Ron Swanson
For the #4 pick, I'd drive DeRozan to the airport myself, and I don't hate him like others here. That being said, it won't happen.

mo7888
05-23-2019, 09:33 PM
So maybe they know DeRozan’s fragile mental state and asked their media mouth piece to put this info out there to fuck with the Spurs? Lol.

I know it’s a bit of a reach but I’m sure the Lakers aren’t happy that San Antonio refused to take their bullshit for Kawhi and then meddled with their trade for Anthony Davis. It was rumors that Pop talked with Dell Demps and informed him not to fold under the pressure the Lakers was trying to apply

I’ve now taken my conspiracy theory cap off. Lmao.

There's some truth in there... it's hard to know how much of that was the Lakers and how much was magic meddling.... either way, I don't think any of that will keep anyone from doing a deal. ... what may submarine this thing though is the Lakers may have better offers out there... Bradley Beal would cost them roughly the same and he fits better with lebron... can Washington make a move without s GM in place yet though?

NASpurs
05-23-2019, 09:33 PM
Let's all flood DeMar's IG and Twitter accounts with news that the Lakers want him. He'll probably ask for a trade if he gets depressed enough thinking about living another year in San Antonio.

Stump
05-23-2019, 09:34 PM

You're forgetting a big one. The Cavaliers sent off Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love a few years ago.

slick'81
05-23-2019, 09:36 PM
Let's all flood DeMar's IG and Twitter accounts with news that the Lakers want him. He'll probably ask for a trade if he gets depressed enough thinking about living another year in San Antonio.

you mean he doesnt like the riverwalk:cry

CGD
05-23-2019, 09:38 PM
I’ve been on this train for a mo, but a lot of things would have to break the right way, top of which is Lakers whiffing on all the marquee folks OR having the inside track on intel suggesting as much.

AD, KD, Kyrie, and Leonard would all have to pass, which could absolutely happen. Lakers desperate for a “star.” Is signing Melo and trading for Chris Paul really better than trading 4 for DDR?

Seventyniner
05-23-2019, 09:39 PM
It would also be hilarious because it means that the Lakers jumping up to #4 is the best thing that could have happened for the Spurs, after all the whining we heard from Laker haters. The top 3 picks are pretty well set and the Lakers would have gotten blasted for trading their pick if it was in the top 3, but the #4 is right at the top of the "eh, we might end up with the 12th best player in the draft" zone.

timvp
05-23-2019, 09:40 PM
You're forgetting a big one. The Cavaliers sent off Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love a few years ago.

Good call :tu

Little bit different because Wiggins was the obvious No. 1 pick that year but that is definitely some precedence.

Leetonidas
05-23-2019, 09:41 PM
Their FO is retarded so you can't rule anything out. But DD seems like a backup trade target if they strike out on any notable FA. I'd trade him for Josh Hart and Kuzma, let alone the 4th pick :lol

GAustex
05-23-2019, 09:44 PM
Please please please I hope this happens
Or something like this

barakz21
05-23-2019, 10:00 PM
Remember the ‘17 draft? When it was rumored they’d be trading LMA for either NY or PHX’s lottery pick? Didn’t happen. I wouldn’t be expecting it to happen, but I’d be excited if it did. Opening up cap space to round of the team, getting rookies to help the team now and for the future, plus continuing to develop DJM and DW? What’s not to be excited about?

james evans
05-23-2019, 10:05 PM
All I know is we better not extend DeMar when the time comes. He was fun for a quick rebound type girlfriend but fuck giving the bitch a wedding ring.
Cmon now u know how we do. If he has a trash season this year, back up the Brinks truck.

cd021
05-23-2019, 10:07 PM
Think Windy was speculating, for sure. But it's been reported that they are pessimistic about NO trading AD to them. If that doesn't happen then moving the number 4 and filler to land DeRozan makes some sense.

They'd wait on Kawhi, KD, Kyrie and Butler before anything would happen.

CGD
05-23-2019, 10:21 PM
I’d see what it’d take to get a gimpy Brandon Ingram in the deal. DDR + 29 for Ingram + 4? Sounds like he could have the same old clot condition Chris Bosh has, which is scary.

cd021
05-23-2019, 10:25 PM
I’d see what it’d take to get a gimpy Brandon Ingram in the deal. DDR + 29 for Ingram + 4? Sounds like he could have the same old clot condition Chris Bosh has, which is scary.

Sounds like Ingrams was the result of an injury while Bosh was chronic. There is reason to believe that he won't have reoccurring issues.

Nathan89
05-23-2019, 10:26 PM
Would be the death nail to Lebron's career.

NASpurs
05-23-2019, 10:33 PM

Death knell?

Leetonidas
05-23-2019, 10:34 PM

:lmao

BillMc
05-23-2019, 10:35 PM
If DeMar were traded, what fast food parking lot does he go in SA?

BillMc
05-23-2019, 10:36 PM
Death knell?

Death Nail sounds like a metal band.

CGD
05-23-2019, 10:38 PM
Think Windy was speculating, for sure. But it's been reported that they are pessimistic about NO trading AD to them. If that doesn't happen then moving the number 4 and filler to land DeRozan makes some sense.

They'd wait on Kawhi, KD, Kyrie and Butler before anything would happen.

It’s really Kyrie or Butler, no? Does former really come back to play with LBJ, and how does latter fit with him?

To be honest the Lakers’ best move would be to target Beal. Hard to tell what Wiz want, and they need to put butts in stadium seats now, but maybe they can sell the fan base on one of Lakers young guys + 4 + 9 (their pick). Talk about a dumpster fire franchise.

Degoat
05-23-2019, 10:44 PM
This kind of shit happens every year where the spurs might be rumored to move up and it never happens, windy just talking out of his ass

cutewizard
05-23-2019, 10:47 PM
lebron is the best to play the game but does not have an eye for players. same with jordan but jordan is worse.

Many players would say "HI" to this:

Jordan
Jabbar
Russell
Erving
Magic
Durant
Curry
Olajuwon
Fernandez, Ramon
Samboy Lim

and of course

WILT CHAMBERLAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cutewizard
05-23-2019, 10:49 PM
Chamberlain is beyond Lebron................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwvdsi6gLl8&t=5s

cutewizard
05-23-2019, 10:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKcZJ2AXDTk

cutewizard
05-23-2019, 10:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgkJZtVWzTo

phxspurfan
05-23-2019, 11:00 PM

#4 (Hunter (https://www.nbadraft.net/players/deandre-hunter)) for DeMar would be excellent

Ditty
05-23-2019, 11:05 PM
Derozan sounds like he is here for the long haul folks. During his interview with my sexy black boo thang Cari Champion last week it sounds like him and Pop have a really close relationship. Pop isn’t going to trade someone he is falling in love with if he hasn’t already.

look_at_g_shred
05-23-2019, 11:26 PM
Derozan sounds like he is here for the long haul folks. During his interview with my sexy black boo thang Cari Champion last week it sounds like him and Pop have a really close relationship. Pop isn’t going to trade someone he is falling in love with if he hasn’t already.
Ya mans George hill says hi

cd021
05-23-2019, 11:30 PM
It’s really Kyrie or Butler, no? Does former really come back to play with LBJ, and how does latter fit with him?

To be honest the Lakers’ best move would be to target Beal. Hard to tell what Wiz want, and they need to put butts in stadium seats now, but maybe they can sell the fan base on one of Lakers young guys + 4 + 9 (their pick). Talk about a dumpster fire franchise.

Lebron is apparently pitching Kawhi, though Kawhi may want the Clippers. Kyrie may want to after him and Lebron made up. Butler may get maxed by Phily and traded later. Really hoping DDR is a target but Beal makes more sense. Some combo of #4, Lonzo, and Ingram + Filler for a second star in Beal.

cd021
05-23-2019, 11:36 PM
#4 (Hunter (https://www.nbadraft.net/players/deandre-hunter)) for DeMar would be excellent

Please Jesus.

timtonymanu
05-23-2019, 11:44 PM
God I hope so. Hate this guy in a Spurs jersey as much as I do Nephew pulling his quitting act on us.

mo7888
05-23-2019, 11:46 PM
Lebron is apparently pitching Kawhi, though Kawhi may want the Clippers. Kyrie may want to after him and Lebron made up. Butler may get maxed by Phily and traded later. Really hoping DDR is a target but Beal makes more sense. Some combo of #4, Lonzo, and Ingram + Filler for a second star in Beal.

If they are down to #4, lonzo, Ingram and filler for beal vs just #4 for DDR and they can still move lonzo and Ingram for someone else then we have a legit shot at seeing DDR traded.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-23-2019, 11:56 PM
Lebron’s love for Murray might mean Dejonte is the target in a package deal.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-23-2019, 11:57 PM
That said, I’d be shocked if the Lakers deal with the Spurs after all Pop has done to keep Kawhi from there and convince NO not to deal Davis to them.

NASpurs
05-24-2019, 12:03 AM
That said, I’d be shocked if the Lakers deal with the Spurs after all Pop has done to keep Kawhi from there and convince NO not to deal Davis to them.

:lol why? It’s not like DeMar breathes the same air as those two.

cd021
05-24-2019, 12:52 AM

Definitely bad blood, I assume. But DeMar is from L.A. is a "Big Name Star" and could be the most obtainable if AD is off the table, Washington isn't willing to move Beal (They'd be crazy not to take the #4 pick, Ingram and Ball), Butler re-signs, Kyrie goes to the Knicks or stays, and Kawhi stays or goes to LAC.

I think an equally bigger obstacle would be whether PATFO would trade DeRozan and risk not making the playoffs. He's good but I think the Spurs would still be a playoff team with out him and with Hunter slotted in at the 3.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-24-2019, 12:55 AM
:lol why? It’s not like DeMar breathes the same air as those two.

Nothing to do with DeMar. There’s no way LA will give Pop and the Spurs a chance to draft 4 and make them look even dumber.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-24-2019, 12:58 AM
Definitely bad blood, I assume. But DeMar is from L.A. is a "Big Name Star" and could be the most obtainable if AD is off the table, Washington isn't willing to move Beal (They'd be crazy not to take the #4 pick, Ingram and Ball), Butler re-signs, Kyrie goes to the Knicks or stays, and Kawhi stays or goes to LAC.

I think an equally bigger obstacle would be whether PATFO would trade DeRozan and risk not making the playoffs. He's good but I think the Spurs would still be a playoff team with out him and with Hunter slotted in at the 3.

I think the Spurs would be fine. Cool if that actually happened.

buttsR4rebounding
05-24-2019, 01:31 AM
If that happened the Spurs would have a ton of cap space to play with as well. Even if you resign Gay they would probably have enough to sign both MKG and TYoung.

therealtruth
05-24-2019, 01:36 AM
Ya mans George hill says hi

I don't think Pop would have traded him if Coach Bud didn't insist on Leonard.

J_Paco
05-24-2019, 01:42 AM

Does Andrew Wiggins ring a bell?

cd021
05-24-2019, 03:06 AM
If that happened the Spurs would have a ton of cap space to play with as well. Even if you resign Gay they would probably have enough to sign both MKG and TYoung.

Why would they want MKG? Hunter seems like he would be the pick, he's already a better player than him. Young is fine but unnecessary.

Murray, Forbes, Hunter, Gay, Aldridge
Mills, White, Belinelli, Bertans, Poeltl

That's probably still a playoff team. If they were to be rid of DDR, then they could really remake the team next off-season.

buttsR4rebounding
05-24-2019, 06:37 AM
MKG and Young are 2 players that have been mentioned on this board as Spurs FA targets. The point I am making is that it would make the Spurs significant players in FA.

duncan2k5
05-24-2019, 06:45 AM
I'd trade DDR for a second round pick at this point

D-Robinson 50 fan
05-24-2019, 07:15 AM
I'd trade DDR for a second round pick at this point

Really? Come on man stop being so dramatic. Lmao

Ignazzz
05-24-2019, 07:17 AM
More fair deal:

3way

ATL 4th and 29th
SPURS 8th
LAKERS 10th and DDR

Ignazzz
05-24-2019, 07:19 AM
And use freespace for... Leonard ;)

Ocotillo
05-24-2019, 07:25 AM
When this was brought up in an earlier thread, my heart skipped a beat and I got a bit excited. I am embarrassed now that I realize I have fallen for the annual off-season, "every player in the NBA is going to the Lakers" story. I don't think there is anything there. And, I don't hate on DeRozan, I just don't think he is the best fit with the players surrounding him.

RC_Drunkford
05-24-2019, 08:21 AM
If that happens, Spurs should go after Randle. He's working on the 3-ball already and is on the same timeline of our young guys. Would be the perfect 4

Twisted_Dawg
05-24-2019, 08:44 AM
If this trade happens, it means we traded Kawhi and Green for Poetl, 2019 #4 and 2019 #29.

That takes a little sting off the worst trade the Spurs have ever made.

Russ
05-24-2019, 09:20 AM
If this trade happens, it means we traded Kawhi and Green for Poetl, 2019 #4 and 2019 #29.

Look at it this way, the Spurs traded the 26th pick in the 2008 draft (George Hill) for all of that.

Keepin' it real
05-24-2019, 09:29 AM
B-b-but Spurs would NEVER trade with the Lakers, or so we've been told.

Twisted_Dawg
05-24-2019, 09:30 AM
Look at it this way, the Spurs traded the 26th pick in the 2008 draft (George Hill) for all of that.

Even better!

RC_Drunkford
05-24-2019, 09:43 AM

this is the worst trade the Spurs have ever made regardless. Trading DDR for #4 would at least create cap space to add 2 good players to the team besides the draft pick

Twisted_Dawg
05-24-2019, 09:50 AM
this is the worst trade the Spurs have ever made regardless. Trading DDR for #4 would at least create cap space to add 2 good players to the team besides the draft pick

It is absolutely the WORST trade the Spurs have ever made. Ultimately it may make the Top 10 Worst NBA Trades ever made.

NickiRasgo
05-24-2019, 09:52 AM

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2019, 10:02 AM
would never trade with lakers, now they want to trade with lakers?

lol patfo with the double standard

Spurs fever
05-24-2019, 10:12 AM
This will never happen. Pop probably already swore allegiance to DeRozan right after the trade. If any of the stars are traded I'd bet it's LA. Just a gut feeling.

$pursDynasty
05-24-2019, 10:30 AM
B-b-but Spurs would NEVER trade with the Lakers, or so we've been told.
nah the Spurs wouldn't trade an elite franchise player to the Lakers, DDR on the other hand is a horse of a different color, I would take #4 and a player if they take Patty as well.

dbestpro
05-24-2019, 10:30 AM
tbh is Toronto wins it all and Kawhi walks they actually may be more interested in taking DDR back just to keep fans interested.

NickiRasgo
05-24-2019, 10:37 AM
https://imgur.com/gKYNZ4qhttps://imgur.com/gKYNZ4qhttps://i.imgur.com/gKYNZ4q.png

TimmyBuckets
05-24-2019, 10:41 AM
The most dysfunctional organization in NBA can still get Lebron and any free agent they want, whereas Spurs, the most respected organization in the NBA with 20 years of no dysfunction (sans nephew), can't get shit. We can laugh at Lakers all we want, but at their worst, they're still a marquee destination. You gotta be a genuine retard to fuck up the Lakers like Short Bus siblings did/are doing, but they still won't need to even consider DePression.

Realdeal1
05-24-2019, 10:42 AM
I can see kahwi ringing with Toronto .. leaving to LA .. and then derozan returning to the raptors

NickiRasgo
05-24-2019, 10:48 AM
The most dysfunctional organization in NBA can still get Lebron and any free agent they want, whereas Spurs, the most respected organization in the NBA with 20 years of no dysfunction (sans nephew), can't get shit. We can laugh at Lakers all we want, but at their worst, they're still a marquee destination. You gotta be a genuine retard to fuck up the Lakers like Short Bus siblings did/are doing, but they still won't need to even consider DePression.

This.

One of the reason why LMA signed here because of his son. Maybe because he's from Texas as well but meh.

RC_Drunkford
05-24-2019, 10:49 AM
The Raptors don't have anything I would want to match DeRozan's salary. Siakam and OG are still on rookie deals

DMC
05-24-2019, 10:50 AM
Aldridge and DDR for Lonzo Ball and a pick.

exstatic
05-24-2019, 11:52 AM

You're living in the past. The Lakers haven't been as you've describe in probably a decade. LeBron didn't go there for basketball, he went there to launch his second career (Hollywood) now that his first one is winding down. They struck out with PG, and they'll strike out this summer with Kawhi, and they won't get AD, either. Tampering with an organization's players tends to piss off that organization, and make them not trade with you. That #4 pick isn't all that appetizing to the team that has #1, either.

Windhorst is a mouthpiece for Klutch. If he's saying it, it's the path that Klutch/LeBron wants the Lakers to take. LeBron probably came up a crapper in his recruiting trip to Philly to talk to Load Management during the playoffs.

TimmyBuckets
05-24-2019, 12:13 PM
You're living in the past. The Lakers haven't been as you've describe in probably a decade. LeBron didn't go there for basketball, he went there to launch his second career (Hollywood) now that his first one is winding down. They struck out with PG, and they'll strike out this summer with Kawhi, and they won't get AD, either. Tampering with an organization's players tends to piss off that organization, and make them not trade with you. That #4 pick isn't all that appetizing to the team that has #1, either.

Windhorst is a mouthpiece for Klutch. If he's saying it, it's the path that Klutch/LeBron wants the Lakers to take. LeBron probably came up a crapper in his recruiting trip to Philly to talk to Load Management during the playoffs.

I never said LeBron went there for basketball. It's a terribly run organization. Of course its not why he went. The fact is Lakers got LeBron. You can spin it however you like. I agree they'll strike out with Kawhi, but other FA playing with LeBron in Los Angeles? Sounds enticing even if it's Short Bus Lakers. As for AD, idk if Pels will trade to LA, but it's a definite possibility. The point is Lakers are still in Los Angeles and have a standing legacy. The name still has meaning, but more than that the city and market will bring players. Now that LeBron is there, won't be surprised if big names show up.

BD24
05-24-2019, 12:17 PM
For the #4 pick, I'd drive DeRozan to the airport myself, and I don't hate him like others here. That being said, it won't happen.
I’ll throw in on your gas money. Even the lakers aren’t that stupid though

tim_duncan_fan
05-24-2019, 11:26 PM
I don't think even the Lakers want Defrozen tbh

No one wants Derozan.

tholdren
05-24-2019, 11:39 PM
Only losers watch nba tbh

Trueblood
05-25-2019, 06:56 AM

I agree in principle with what you're saying. A lot of the hype is based in the past, but there is some truth to what he was saying also. Look at three big name soon to be free agents in the last three years: PG, nephew and AD. All three demanded to be traded (all by telling their organizations that they would not resign). All three listed LA as their preferred destination and two of them explicitly said the Lakers (I think nephew preferred them also before LeBron signed there).

While I agree that a lot of the Lakers mystique was lost and they are currently a dumpster fire we can't ignore that they were able to lock in LeBron and have had at worst two all star soon to be free agents trying to get there.

Now it hasn't worked out (PG opting to stay in OKC, nephew being traded to Toronto, AD not being traded) which I why I said I agree with you. If this was the 80's, 90's or even the early 00's, they would currently have a starting lineup with PG, nephew, LeBron and AD. The commissioner would have probably deemed their trades unfair and gifted them Some all star point guard in the process.

But that doesn't change the fact that people still want to go there. When was the last time anyone demanded a trade and listed us as their preferred destination? Truth be told I love this city and don't appreciate all the hate it gets on this site, but we barely pulled off LA in FA. His original point is correct in assessing that no matter what we do or how well we do it we will never be as appealing of a destination as the Lakers. Even when they're an absolute wreck.

Nivek_ogre
05-25-2019, 11:12 AM
Only losers watch nba tbh

Can someone put this peice of shit out of his misery already?

EricB
05-25-2019, 12:26 PM
The quick answer to the “would the Lakers be dumb enough?” Is an immediate yes. They’re being run by proxy by Kurt Rambis

RC_Drunkford
05-25-2019, 04:03 PM
I agree in principle with what you're saying. A lot of the hype is based in the past, but there is some truth to what he was saying also. Look at three big name soon to be free agents in the last three years: PG, nephew and AD. All three demanded to be traded (all by telling their organizations that they would not resign). All three listed LA as their preferred destination and two of them explicitly said the Lakers (I think nephew preferred them also before LeBron signed there).

While I agree that a lot of the Lakers mystique was lost and they are currently a dumpster fire we can't ignore that they were able to lock in LeBron and have had at worst two all star soon to be free agents trying to get there.

Now it hasn't worked out (PG opting to stay in OKC, nephew being traded to Toronto, AD not being traded) which I why I said I agree with you. If this was the 80's, 90's or even the early 00's, they would currently have a starting lineup with PG, nephew, LeBron and AD. The commissioner would have probably deemed their trades unfair and gifted them Some all star point guard in the process.

But that doesn't change the fact that people still want to go there. When was the last time anyone demanded a trade and listed us as their preferred destination? Truth be told I love this city and don't appreciate all the hate it gets on this site, but we barely pulled off LA in FA. His original point is correct in assessing that no matter what we do or how well we do it we will never be as appealing of a destination as the Lakers. Even when they're an absolute wreck.

Kyrie Irving listed the Spurs as one of his top options to be traded to when he wanted out of Cleveland. Then again you could say he just listed the Spurs to gain more suitors/leverage, but he did

Bellboy
05-25-2019, 09:15 PM
More fair deal:

3way

ATL 4th and 29th
SPURS 8th
LAKERS 10th and DDR

If Jaxon Hayes was still available at #8, in a few years you would have three of the most athletic high flyers in the NBA at their positions.

exstatic
05-25-2019, 10:03 PM

It’s not Lakers allure. PG is from LA. Kawhi is from LA. There didn’t used to be an alternative. There is now. Jerry West could have a monster team next year. AD shares an agent with LeBron, and they’re trying to put together a super team. If LeBron hadn’t wanted to jump start his second career, it would have happened wherever he was.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-25-2019, 10:14 PM
the trade that nephew wanted... who would have thought...

DJR210
05-26-2019, 12:33 AM
Thoughts:

-Windhorst is the most believable source for anything related to LeBron. He was also in on the Nephew-DeRozan trade before anyone else in major media.

I don't recall that.. I remember Woj sending out a tweet at like 2:30 AM CST saying Spurs and Raptors were deep in talks.. then DePression started his EMO cryptic posts shortly after

Biernutz
05-26-2019, 05:58 AM
I have a coupon for 15% off 50 lbs of dog food we could add to the
De Frozen to the Lakers trade. How could the fakers pass that up.

BackHome
05-26-2019, 10:06 PM
SOLD

MaNu4Tres
05-26-2019, 11:28 PM
Basketball gods, you there?

We are due..

Make it happen, even if it's July 10th when it does.

johnnymoore
05-26-2019, 11:42 PM
Lakers' response will be on the order of "sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt!"

ace3g
05-27-2019, 03:27 PM
If Lakers won't take DeRozan for 4th pick but would accept DeRozan and 19th for the 4th - would you do it if DeAndre Hunter is available?

mo7888
05-27-2019, 03:29 PM
If Lakers won't take DeRozan for 4th pick but would accept DeRozan and 19th for the 4th - would you do it if DeAndre Hunter is available?

Yes

4lifecowboy
05-27-2019, 03:43 PM
What player off their roster would we receive in this trade?

DPG21920
05-27-2019, 03:47 PM
What player off their roster would we receive in this trade?

SA would not technically “need” to get a player back in the deal. Lakers have enough cap space to absorb DeRozan with sending no money/players back.

Seventyniner
05-27-2019, 03:53 PM
SA would not technically “need” to get a player back in the deal. Lakers have enough cap space to absorb DeRozan with sending no money/players back.

Is this going to be true on draft night? At that point they still have a bunch of guys still on the books. Or do you mean that DDR would be traded for a package of expirings that combine for enough salary to match?

mo7888
05-27-2019, 03:57 PM
Is this going to be true on draft night? At that point they still have a bunch of guys still on the books. Or do you mean that DDR would be traded for a package of expirings that combine for enough salary to match?

All you would have to do is agree to the trade by the draft and consummate it during free agency.

DPG21920
05-27-2019, 03:58 PM

Basically, once the season ends what LA has cap space. There would be no need to trade any salaries and those deals that are on the books now can’t be traded since they end this season.

TD 21
05-27-2019, 04:33 PM
Ever since the real Buss died and the kids took over, they've taken stupidity to new levels. But, man, this would take the cake

:lol

Still wouldn't be as stupid as trading scumbag, Green and $5M for DeRozan, Poeltl and the 29th pick (was always going to be 27-30).

I doubt even they'd do it as a last resort and I doubt even more so that the Spurs would have the balls to go through with it.

It's not like anything new was learned about DeRozan since the trade, so if they prioritized him over a package of picks less than a year ago, why would they trade him for a single one now? Especially when the likely pick would be a role player (the most valuable and scarce kind, but still).

DPG21920
05-27-2019, 05:13 PM
The other thing: Isn’t there a video of DeRozan basically saying he hates the Lakers :lol

sasaint
05-27-2019, 05:16 PM

In a California minute.

sasaint
05-27-2019, 05:21 PM
Still wouldn't be as stupid as trading scumbag, Green and $5M for DeRozan, Poeltl and the 29th pick (was always going to be 27-30).

I doubt even they'd do it as a last resort and I doubt even more so that the Spurs would have the balls to go through with it.

It's not like anything new was learned about DeRozan since the trade, so if they prioritized him over a package of picks less than a year ago, why would they trade him for a single one now? Especially when the likely pick would be a role player (the most valuable and scarce kind, but still).

I think they learned first-hand how his emotions can get the better of him, causing him to lose focus and effectiveness. He is prone to antics during games that are very un-Spurs-like. They learned that.

TD 21
05-27-2019, 05:30 PM
I think they learned first-hand how his emotions can get the better of him, causing him to lose focus and effectiveness. He is prone to antics during games that are very un-Spurs-like. They learned that.

If they did, they weren't paying attention because that's something they should have known beforehand.

Deep down, I don't think they're thrilled with him (between what you mention and his abandoning the 3; though they enabled it), but I think their being obsessed with upholding their image would supersede what's best for the franchise in the end.

There's also the possible (probable?) trickle down effect. Trade him for a rookie and are Aldridge and Gay still committed? That shouldn't matter, but we know making the playoffs at all costs is priority number one.

DPG21920
05-27-2019, 05:42 PM
If they did, they weren't paying attention because that's something they should have known beforehand.

Deep down, I don't think they're thrilled with him (between what you mention and his abandoning the 3; though they enabled it), but I think their being obsessed with upholding their image would supersede what's best for the franchise in the end.

There's also the possible (probable?) trickle down effect. Trade him for a rookie and are Aldridge and Gay still committed? That shouldn't matter, but we know making the playoffs at all costs is priority number one.

SA made the playoffs without DeRozan or Kawhi. If they add Poeltl, White busting out and Lonnie to that team plus draft picks, no reason to think they still couldn’t be a playoff team.

TD 21
05-27-2019, 05:59 PM
SA made the playoffs without DeRozan or Kawhi. If they add Poeltl, White busting out and Lonnie to that team plus draft picks, no reason to think they still couldn’t be a playoff team.

With Aldridge and Gay and presuming they don't fall off a cliff, I agree. I'm skeptical the front office would see it that way though and even if they do, again I think upholding their image would supersede what's best for the franchise.

CGD
05-27-2019, 06:50 PM
All you would have to do is agree to the trade by the draft and consummate it during free agency.

This is my understanding. And the Lakers would still be the team technically picking at 4, then the whole deal goes into effect at start of FA.

Now, Lakers could send back someone like Ball (not saying I want) and then still have about 18M in cap for another big signing.

CGD
05-27-2019, 06:54 PM

Seems a little rich. DDR is a really good player, notwithstanding some of the limits in his game. I’d do 29, or, if 19, see if I could get something else too.

palangi
05-27-2019, 07:26 PM
What if we gave them DDR, Bertans, and the 29th pick
For
4 and Brandon Ingram

They might look to get rid of Ingram and his blood clots. His value is definitely down
The 4th pick could be used on Culver or reddish (who I believe can play the 2.

james evans
05-27-2019, 07:42 PM
i have no idea what anyone sees in Brandon Ingram. I've never saw anything in him since high school. He played for Kinston. I've seen a lot of guys come from Kinston over the years and the only reason he was dominant there is due to him being nearly 7 foot tall shooting over guys about my height. He was no Stackhouse when he was there. And neither was Reggie Bullock(also his teammate on the lakers).

Chinook
05-27-2019, 07:49 PM
i have no idea what anyone sees in Brandon Ingram. I've never saw anything in him since high school. He played for Kinston. I've seen a lot of guys come from Kinston over the years and the only reason he was dominant there is due to him being nearly 7 foot tall shooting over guys about my height. He was no Stackhouse when he was there. And neither was Reggie Bullock(also his teammate on the lakers).

I certainly wouldn't pay extra to get him in the bargain. If the Spurs managed to trade DMDR for 4, you use 4 to take the SF, 19 to take the scoring wing and 29 on a big. There's no need to try to swing someone else in the exchange.

palangi
05-27-2019, 08:02 PM

Whether you like him or not there is talent there. And we have a massive hole at SF. Im still for taking a SF with the 19th pick too okpala or Roby

CGD
05-27-2019, 08:03 PM
Is October the deadline by which extensions must be completed?

This all really turns on whether DDR and Spurs can agree on something this summer, so it will be interesting to see what tidbits we learn early on (I did find it interesting that Pop recently said he will expect DDR to expand his game to include the 3). I don’t see the spurs wanting to go through that circus again.

mo7888
05-27-2019, 08:03 PM
Whether you like him or not there is talent there. And we have a massive hole at SF. Im still for taking a SF with the 19th pick too okpala or Roby

In your scenario, who would you take at 4?

palangi
05-27-2019, 08:05 PM
I certainly wouldn't pay extra to get him in the bargain. If the Spurs managed to trade DMDR for 4, you use 4 to take the SF, 19 to take the scoring wing and 29 on a big. There's no need to try to swing someone else in the exchange.

I agree we need to draft a small forward. But if we could get Ingram to fill the hole to develop or flip later why not?

palangi
05-27-2019, 08:07 PM
In your scenario, who would you take at 4?

I would look at Jarrett Culver or Cameron Reddish (who I believe can play the 2 or Jaxon Hayes

mo7888
05-27-2019, 08:08 PM
I agree we need to draft a small forward. But if we could get Ingram to fill the hole to develop or flip later why not?

If we are drafting a sf at 4 (hunter or reddish), bringing in Ingram, and taking a sf at 19 then we are over supplying that position by a good bit. If they want to give Ingram and we can flip him then ok, otherwise I'd rather go with our sf from the #4 pick.

CGD
05-27-2019, 08:09 PM

I agree that these picks need to go toward addressing the SF slot, especially with LMA and Portle still around. If a framework of DDR for 4 is out there, I wouldn’t mind giving up some value to take a look at Ingram in a different setting. plus even if he does well next year I don’t see the big RFA offersheet that would scare the spurs off, and if he sucks you move on, and hopefully their wasn’t that much of a cost (e.g., 29).

RE bigs: It feels like there will be Brook Lopez and Al Hortford types in the open market for years to come.

palangi
05-27-2019, 08:12 PM
If we are drafting a sf at 4 (hunter or reddish), bringing in Ingram, and taking a sf at 19 then we are over supplying that position by a good bit. If they want to give Ingram and we can flip him then ok, otherwise I'd rather go with our sf from the #4 pick.

I wouldn't take a SF at 4. I would take Culver or Reddish tip play at the 2. Then take a more development type PF at 19 like Okpala or Roby

PG- Murray, white
SG- Culver, Walker
SF- Ingram, Okpala

weebo
05-27-2019, 08:21 PM
The Lakers aren't trading with the Spurs :lol

palangi
05-27-2019, 08:25 PM
Well they are getting new management. And they need to appease bron.
But if you have a crystal ball then...

CGD
05-27-2019, 08:32 PM
The Lakers aren't trading with the Spurs :lol

Maybe not and I’d probably prefer to trade for Beal if I were them, but if I’m the Lakers I’m not banking on the free agent market alone. Trades have to be in the mix.

Their choices could come down to the Middleton, Harris, and Hortford teir for free agents. Certainly not bad, but not what they’re trying to sell to the fan base.

BackHome
05-27-2019, 10:19 PM
More likely Spurs aren’t trading with the Flakers.

tholdren
05-27-2019, 10:24 PM

Its all media hype. There is no talent.

palangi
05-27-2019, 11:07 PM
Its all media hype. There is no talent.

Ok?

SAGirl
05-27-2019, 11:40 PM
What about Pop saying this is a new team with a new culture... Etc. What about him saying they plan to bring back the same core ? I am pessimistic in that I don't think Pop is looking to deal him for a youngin.

TimDunkem
05-27-2019, 11:45 PM
They care more about DeRozan being happy - meaning making him a core piece - than improving the team.

Too bad they didn't take the same approach with the man who just led the Craptors to the Finals on a gimpy leg.

sasaint
05-27-2019, 11:55 PM

I'm not sure LMA cares much about Dumbmar. I think he knows that White is the guy who knows how to feed the big dog. White makes LMA a better player. He knows it.

sasaint
05-27-2019, 11:59 PM
What about Pop saying this is a new team with a new culture... Etc. What about him saying they plan to bring back the same core ? I am pessimistic in that I don't think Pop is looking to deal him for a youngin.

What Pop said at the end of the Spurs' season is fodder for the press. At that point he hadn't had any time to sit down with the rest of the staff and do any serious evaluating. On the other hand, I agree that conservative Pop is more likely to hang on to Dumbmar than trade him, unless Dumbmar expresses a desire to be traded, which wouldn't surprise me. That doesn't change the fact that Dumbmar's antics have to rankle Pop. How much? We may find out.

exstatic
05-28-2019, 09:38 AM

You don't pass up a trade like this because of a quote in an article. I think he likes DD, but I wouldn't categorize him as his favorite player, and he HAS traded his favorite player before. Besides, he didn't say they're bringing back the roster in it's entirety. The expression 'their core' is certainly open to interpretation.

Truth4sale$
05-28-2019, 11:04 AM
A trade with the Lakers, is not likely to happen. Reason being a #4 pick is a rebuild, which Popoivich does not want. I think DeRozan will be here next year, and I am sure afterwards it will be different. He is not worth 30 million, not even $18 million. I dont think many will feel he is worth much since he still does not work on his game like true superstars do,; centers are shooting threes (Lopez, Gasol) yet DeRozan settles for mid range shots. Lebron needed shooters, so why give away the #4 pick for DeRozan. Lakers can get more for that pick.

venitian navigator
05-28-2019, 11:26 AM
A trade with the Lakers, is not likely to happen. Reason being a #4 pick is a rebuild, which Popoivich does not want. I think DeRozan will be here next year, and I am sure afterwards it will be different. He is not worth 30 million, not even $18 million. I dont think many will feel he is worth much since he still does not work on his game like true superstars do,; centers are shooting threes (Lopez, Gasol) yet DeRozan settles for mid range shots. Lebron needed shooters, so why give away the #4 pick for DeRozan. Lakers can get more for that pick.

Its difficult to gain a 20 point nba player with a top 3 pick...and in this weak draft is very very difficult to take it with a 4th pick. considering LBJ needs help soon, that DDR has had one of his best season last season in the western conference just after changing team, that DDR is from LA and that has shown he's improving at passing the ball, I don't see that like a bad trade for the lakers...with two good game creators and ball handlers, both extremely reliable regarding their production, they can the add (via trade or free agency) the necessary shooters and defenders...
obviously a plan b in case the big market goals of the lakers don't materialize...

mo7888
05-28-2019, 11:28 AM

I think Beal is a much more likely target for them but, trading DDR for #4 isn't a rebuild when you still have LMA, Mills, Forbes, Murray, and White on the team. It is a restructure of sorts but unless we are trading LMA too and the other vets then it's not a real rebuild.

Dennis the Menace
05-28-2019, 11:40 AM
They care more about DeRozan being happy than winning.

Fixed it for you

exstatic
05-28-2019, 11:49 AM

Getting the #4 pick without gutting your team and tanking is NOT a rebuild. They may feel that their guards are advancing quick enough that they can roll with White/DJ instead of DD.

exstatic
05-28-2019, 11:50 AM
I think Beal is a much more likely target for them but, trading DDR for #4 isn't a rebuild when you still have LMA, Mills, Forbes, Murray, and White on the team. It is a restructure of sorts but unless we are trading LMA too and the other vets then it's not a real rebuild.

I think a lot of the Beal chatter was thinking he would be eligible for the SuperMax because he would make All NBA. He didn't so the Wiz should have no problem with paying him.

jjktkk
05-28-2019, 12:02 PM
They care more about DeRozan being happy - meaning making him a core piece - than improving the team.

Too bad they didn't take the same approach with the man who just led the Craptors to the Finals on a gimpy leg.

Shut up Faggott, you're not even a Spurs fan and your troll game sucks major ass.

TimDunkem
05-28-2019, 03:42 PM
Shut up Faggott, you're not even a Spurs fan and your troll game sucks major ass.

Truth hurts, huh?

KobesAchilles
05-28-2019, 04:07 PM
Would Beal even sign with them? Wizards are screwed for like another 5 years with that Wall contract. I would rather play with LeBron and live in LA than play on a shitty Wizards team and live in crappy DC. Funny enough, if Beal were to demand a trade then this time it would actually work in LA’s favor. They have a useless high pick, in another conference and can offer a young prospect to Washington.

exstatic
05-28-2019, 04:35 PM
Would Beal even sign with them? Wizards are screwed for like another 5 years with that Wall contract. I would rather play with LeBron and live in LA than play on a shitty Wizards team and live in crappy DC. Funny enough, if Beal were to demand a trade then this time it would actually work in LA’s favor. They have a useless high pick, in another conference and can offer a young prospect to Washington.

Wiz can't do anykind of rebuild with Wall on the roster, and they failed to basically give him away last year. They might as well roll with what they have.

look_at_g_shred
05-28-2019, 04:42 PM
Lakers are in win now mode unless lebron demands a trade elsewhere. Derozan who is a 21/6/6 guy fits the win now mode rather than a #4 pick . There aren't many dudes in the league who can give you those numbers. I'm actually intrigued to see how him and lebron would work together. Could be pretty damn good imho.

r0drig0lac
05-28-2019, 04:57 PM
Lakers are in win now mode unless lebron demands a trade elsewhere. Derozan who is a 21/6/6 guy fits the win now mode rather than a #4 pick . There aren't many dudes in the league who can give you those numbers. I'm actually intrigued to see how him and lebron would work together. Could be pretty damn good imho.

no team wants the Derozan contract, and especially the Derozan's game style.

CGD
05-28-2019, 05:03 PM
Wiz can't do anykind of rebuild with Wall on the roster, and they failed to basically give him away last year. They might as well roll with what they have.

Yeah, Wiz are stuck. They kinda need Beal unless they think can sell the fanbase on 4+9 (their pick)+ one of the Lakers young guys like Lonzo/Kuzma.

CGD
05-28-2019, 05:08 PM

In a world where Kawhi (Clippers), Butler (Sixers), AD (staying at NOLA until Feb.), KD+Irving (New York), Middleton (Bucks) all pass on the Lakers, they’d be lucky to land one of DDR/Beal/Harris and one of Cousins/Hortford

jjktkk
05-28-2019, 05:36 PM
Truth hurts, huh?

No, just sick of faggots like you spamming this site. You bring nothing but shitty takes and low IQ.

lmbebo
05-28-2019, 05:48 PM
Could spurs flip DDR +19 for Beal ? Something like DDR and Mills + 29 for Beal and Mahini? We take on Mahini with 1 extra year so the can unload more salary?

CGD
05-28-2019, 06:28 PM
Could spurs flip DDR +19 for Beal ? Something like DDR and Mills + 29 for Beal and Mahini? We take on Mahini with 1 extra year so the can unload more salary?

I’d love that, but don’t think it moves the needle for WAS. Might as well just stay with Beal who I believe is cost controlled one more year than DDR.

KobesAchilles
05-28-2019, 06:53 PM

But it seems like they are trying to rebuild. I agree tho they are fucked as long as Wall is on their team. But they got rid of Porter and Oubre already. The best way to make a better team is to build through the draft and they know they can get the 4th pick and a former #2 pick in Lonzo (LOL Magic). Paying Beal 28 million isn’t going to stop you from losing anyways so might as well get as much as you can for him. Lonzo, 4th and 9th pick plus whatever lottery pick you end up with next year may jumpstart that franchise again... Though it is the Wizards and I’m sure they will find a way to mess it up again :lol

DPG21920
05-28-2019, 09:04 PM
Ya - I think WAS has to trade Beal for as many picks/best picks possible and there will be a line of suitors.

SAGirl
05-28-2019, 09:43 PM
What Pop said at the end of the Spurs' season is fodder for the press. At that point he hadn't had any time to sit down with the rest of the staff and do any serious evaluating. On the other hand, I agree that conservative Pop is more likely to hang on to Dumbmar than trade him, unless Dumbmar expresses a desire to be traded, which wouldn't surprise me. That doesn't change the fact that Dumbmar's antics have to rankle Pop. How much? We may find out.
That's a sure way to get disappointed. Don't give me hope! :rollin

BackHome
05-28-2019, 10:10 PM
Flakers have to get a big name free agent after striking out this past year and the firing of coaches and GM not looking good at all. Hell even talk about them trading LeBron what free agent would want to sign with them?

sasaint
05-28-2019, 11:59 PM
That's a sure way to get disappointed. Don't give me hope! :rollin

Haha! Yeah, I have very little hope myself. But everybody here must agree that his antics are very un-Spursy. Losing his cool the way he does is so bizarre to behold after the Big 3 era of smart, silent assassins. Man I loved those guys and that team mystique. I sure miss it.

sasaint
05-29-2019, 12:03 AM

I don't entirely agree. Not every team is playing like the Warriors and Rockets. After all, the Spurs were not dead last in 3-pointers last season.

Degoat
05-29-2019, 12:08 AM
If we could trade DeMar for a top pick I’m all for it but... you can’t deny a guy that averages 21, 6, and 6 is valuable

gambit1990
05-29-2019, 12:45 AM
no contract is unmovable tbh.

RC_Drunkford
05-29-2019, 05:16 AM
I don't entirely agree. Not every team is playing like the Warriors and Rockets. After all, the Spurs were not dead last in 3-pointers last season.

the thing is, that the only non-3-point shooters on the team were DeRozan and Poeltl. Pop stated many times that they built this roster for Kawhi. So initially everybody in the rotation would've been a 3-pont shooter except for DJ if he stayed healthy. I don't think it was the plan to shoot such a low volume

Big Empty
05-29-2019, 05:47 AM
Actually i see the Spurs trading DD back to the Raptors next year for a 1st round pick after Kawhi leaves them this summer. This, if the Spurs are another first round exit. Even without Kawhi they’l make the playoffs and have a 22-24 first round pick.

r0drig0lac
05-29-2019, 06:25 AM

Pau Gasol

exstatic
05-29-2019, 06:46 AM
Pau Gasol

Damaged goods. He didn’t even finish the season.

sasaint
05-29-2019, 07:58 AM
the thing is, that the only non-3-point shooters on the team were DeRozan and Poeltl. Pop stated many times that they built this roster for Kawhi. So initially everybody in the rotation would've been a 3-pont shooter except for DJ if he stayed healthy. I don't think it was the plan to shoot such a low volume

Okay. But the point is: there are other teams that still play a more "traditional" (for lack of a better word) style. Dumbmar has value. Not great value, but value.

mo7888
05-29-2019, 07:59 AM

John Wall may make the counter argument here..