PDA

View Full Version : Spurs are a disgrace; NBA should be embarassed

TD 21
05-23-2019, 10:02 PM
I'm not going to bother wasting time rehashing it all for the umpteenth time, but this piece of shit literally quits on a franchise and gets rewarded by going to the Finals. Meanwhile, the Spurs are now infamous.

slick'81
05-23-2019, 10:05 PM
I'm not going to bother wasting time rehashing it all for the umpteenth time, but this piece of shit literally quits on a franchise and gets rewarded by going to the Finals. Meanwhile, the Spurs are now infamous.

Pretty Sure pop and rc get a ring tbh

ATXtbh
05-23-2019, 10:07 PM
He's not in yet...

Genovaswitness
05-23-2019, 10:09 PM
pop should’ve made a better team for kawhi. I’d wanna quit if my coach and GM were wasting money on mills and gasol

Uriel
As I have been saying from the start, we should’ve kept Leonard, won 60 games, made the WCF, then offered him the supermax in the summer. There’s no way he would’ve walked away from that.

Spurs fever
This is a definitely one of the harder years to be a fan. I wish I felt things we're gonna get better but I just don't see it. I'd give anything to be convinced otherwise. :(

NASpurs
05-23-2019, 10:10 PM
DeMar DeRozan as a consolation prize... :lol fuuuck

slick'81
05-23-2019, 10:10 PM
This is a definitely one of the harder years to be a ran. I wish I felt things we're gonna get better but I just don't see it. I'd give anything to be convinced otherwise. :(

21/6/6 for derozan and dont forget poodle power!

TheGreatYacht
05-23-2019, 10:11 PM
Nick Nurse's system >>> Crater face's 30th in 3PA system

TD 21
05-23-2019, 10:12 PM
I knew it the whole fuckin' year, too. It just had to happen. So much random shit had to conspire, so of course it did.

If Durant isn't back and in peak form soon, the Raptors are winning the championship and he's more than likely re-signing either way at this point, thus making the Spurs look even more stupid.

I'm seriously contemplating quitting following the Spurs and possibly the league in general. This is unjust as something can be in sports.

TheGreatYacht
05-23-2019, 10:12 PM
pop should’ve made a better team for kawhi. I’d wanna quit if my coach and GM were wasting money on mills and gasol

KDKSpurs24
05-23-2019, 10:13 PM
As I have been saying from the start, we should’ve kept Leonard, won 60 games, made the WCF, then offered him the supermax in the summer. There’s no way he would’ve walked away from that.
How the hell would we have won 60 games if he only played 60? Our record wouldn’t have been as good as Toronto’s either because this year our team would have been shitty whenever he sat out.

Spurs fever
I really hope seeing Leonard thrive so greatly in the playoffs hurts PATFO and forces their hands, but I doubt it. I see a DeRozan extension and more loyalty contracts.

slick'81
I knew it the whole fuckin' year, too. It just had to happen. So much random shit had to conspire, so of course it did.

If Durant isn't back and in peak form soon, the Raptors are winning the championship and he's more than likely re-signing either way at this point, thus making the Spurs look even more stupid.

I'm seriously contemplating quitting following the Spurs and possibly the league in general. This is unjust as something can be in sports.

Blame the fo for giving tor the perfect trade while completely downgrading ur franchise

Degoat
05-23-2019, 10:14 PM
He wanted out guys, get over it

K...
05-23-2019, 10:16 PM
people who use unnecessary superlatives have small vocabularies. You could try "I miss Leonard" "i'm not a fan of this team"

WE get it, you have feelings and are trapped in a masculine shell so you project your inadequacy onto a team of professional entertainment athletes.

Nathan89
05-23-2019, 10:16 PM
He's leading his team to the finals like few players can. It's not a reward.

ATXtbh
05-23-2019, 10:20 PM
The Celts and Sixers look even stupider. They coulda got Nephew for a bag of donuts and a gift card.

dbestpro
05-23-2019, 10:21 PM
Kawhi is not the first POS to do well by screwing people over and he won't be the last.

TD 21
05-23-2019, 10:21 PM
He's leading his team to the finals like few players can. It's not a reward.

It's a reward. They gave him a team good enough. You only do that for a homerun return. They didn't even get a single.

The league should be embarrassed that some piece of shit screwed over their supposed model franchise and will now being playing for a championship, while that franchise now becomes irrelevant for what could be 20, 30, 40 or more years.

Witholding medical information, stealing money and instead of stepping in at some point and at least trying to do something, they allow it to happen.

And now we get to have it rammed down our throats at every turn. It's bullshit, yet no one cares because it happened to the Spurs.

Uriel
05-23-2019, 10:26 PM

Wouldn’t that be the best case scenario though? Leonard re-upping with Toronto and staying in the East?

Mugen
05-23-2019, 10:28 PM
It's a reward. They gave him a team good enough. You only do that for a homerun return. They didn't even get a single.

The league should be embarrassed that some piece of shit screwed over their supposed model franchise and will now being playing for a championship, while that franchise now becomes irrelevant for what could be 20, 30, 40 or more years.

Witholding medical information, stealing money and instead of stepping in at some point and at least trying to do something, they allow it to happen.

And now we get to have it rammed down our throats at every turn. It's bullshit, yet no one cares because it happened to the Spurs.

:lol Why would the league care about the Spurs / "model franchise"? They've been wanting them to go away for the last 20 years....

The "league" was probably thrilled at what Nephew/Dennis orchestrated last year and what's happening this year....

FkLA
05-23-2019, 10:29 PM

Let's settle down a bit. Yeah, it hurts but I think GS winning and him not re-signing are still the much more likely scenarios.

Kind of sad that we have to rely on GS and on him bolting to ease the pain but that's where we're at as Spurfans unfortunately. :(

spursistan
05-23-2019, 10:30 PM

For a franchise thathave won 'a lot', relatively speaking, the amount of bullshit and bad karma exploding in their face throughout this run is beyond ridiculous..

For every ring they have won there are like 3 others were lost to bad lack and flukey shit going against them..They ended-up gift-wrapping the next few others to the Raptors or possibly the Clippers..

Uriel
05-23-2019, 10:31 PM
Let's settle down a bit. Yeah, it hurts but I think GS winning and him not re-signing are still the much more likely scenarios.
If Toronto makes the Finals, I’d say there’s a 50/50 shot he stays. 0% if they lose to Milwaukee.

TD 21
05-23-2019, 10:35 PM
:lol Why would the league care about the Spurs / "model franchise"? They've been wanting them to go away for the last 20 years....

The "league" was probably thrilled at what Nephew/Dennis orchestrated last year and what's happening this year....

Because the Spurs represent hope to all the other small market franchises . . . false hope, but hope. They can pretend that if they did it, you could too.

Now, if they can't even hold onto their superstar, who they helped make (this was not some super prospect, like Robinson or Duncan), when they have an elite team, what hope is their for anyone else?

But it's not even about the Spurs so much as it is justice. This is wrong on so many levels and it should be a massive embarrassment for the league.

daslicer
05-23-2019, 10:36 PM
If Toronto makes the Finals, I’d say there’s a 50/50 shot he stays. 0% if they lose to Milwaukee.

He's leaving either way. If Toronto wins he can pull a Lebron and say "Well I brought you a ring so you can't be angry at me that I'm leaving."

palangi
05-23-2019, 10:37 PM
21/6/6 for derozan and dont forget poodle power!

Who is poodle?

Mugen
05-23-2019, 10:38 PM
Because the Spurs represent hope to all the other small market franchises . . . false hope, but hope. They can pretend that if they did it, you could too.

Now, if they can't even hold onto their superstar, who they helped make (this was not some super prospect, like Robinson or Duncan), when they have an elite team, what hope is their for anyone else?

But it's not even about the Spurs so much as it is justice. This is wrong on so many levels and it should be a massive embarrassment for the league.

They've got the Bucks for that now, my man.

Capt Bringdown
05-23-2019, 10:38 PM
Kawhi is not the first POS to do well by screwing people over and he won't be the last.

Asshole or not (who really knows?), he is a transcendent talent with a calm and humble demeanor on the court (this is what they used to call good sportsmanship). Rather like some notable Spurs of recent past. Leonard plays like a Spur.

For this reason, I would love to see Leonard win the title against the gloating and obnoxious GS. I don't think it will happen, but perchance to dream.

TD 21
05-23-2019, 10:42 PM
They've got the Bucks for that now, my man.

The Bucks haven't done shit. This franchise won 5 championships and had the best winning percentage in sports for 20 years . . . and they did it with a bunch of bad breaks along the way.

therealtruth
05-23-2019, 10:49 PM
I thought we already had a Kawhi thread.

Nathan89
05-23-2019, 10:50 PM
If the league cared about well run teams they should flatten the draft the lottery odds even more. I'd potentially give playoffs teams 8, 7, 6, and 5 some lottery balls as well tbh.

Nathan89
05-23-2019, 10:50 PM
I thought we already had a Kawhi thread.

We aren't going to reach a 1000 pages like this.

daslicer
05-23-2019, 10:51 PM

It happens to every organization small or big when they are no longer contending. The bulls since '98 have pretty much been infamous for over 20 years now. As a kid of the '90s they were the most popular dynasty of all time. Even more popular all over the country than what the current day Warriors are today.

TD 21
05-23-2019, 10:57 PM
It happens to every organization small or big when they are no longer contending. The bulls since '98 have pretty much been infamous for over 20 years now. As a kid of the '90s they were the most popular dynasty of all time. Even more popular all over the country than what the current day Warriors are today.

No, most naturally become bad over time as their great players age out. This is different than that. This is self inflicted. This is you're the team who gave away an all-timer in the making because you didn't have the balls to go through some uncomfortable months to start the season.

On top of that, you're probably going to be a treadmill team for the foreseeable future, while he'll be contending for championships with the team you gave him to.

He's got the media eating out of the palm of his hand, while the only time these idiots gets mentioned, is when it's to criticize how out of touch their senile asses are.

RC_Drunkford
05-23-2019, 11:02 PM
Wouldn’t that be the best case scenario though? Leonard re-upping with Toronto and staying in the East?

hell no. Best case scenario is he doesn't ring and signs with the Brooklyn Nets

spursistan
05-23-2019, 11:03 PM
No, most naturally become bad over time. This is different than that. This is self inflicted. This is you're the team who gave away an all-timer in the making because you didn't have the balls to go through some uncomfortable months to start the season.

On top of that, you're probably going to be a treadmill team for the foreseeable future, while he'll be contending for championships with the team you gave him to.
He's got the media eating out of the palm of his hand, while the only time these idiots gets mentioned, is when it's to criticize how out of touch their senile asses are.

Any other front office crew would get fired for this disgraceful trade, especially with they way this is playing out right now..Any way I'm actually perversely glad they are getting exposed at this dark hour. It is incredible how many long careers and inflated reputations were made on the back of Tim Duncan..

TD 21
05-23-2019, 11:07 PM
Any other front office crew would get fired for this disgraceful trade, especially with they way this is playing out right now..Any way I'm actually perversely glad they are getting exposed at this dark hour. It is incredible how many long careers and inflated reputations were made on the back of Tim Duncan..

I'd like to be and they definitely deserve it (along with the 76ers, Celtics and Lakers, who fucked them over in negotiations and other teams who didn't have the balls to step up despite this being the exact piece the entire league is looking for) but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Why do we seem to be the only ones outraged? I know it's just sports, but again, to me this is about injustice. Nothing bothers me more than that.

daslicer
05-23-2019, 11:13 PM
No, most naturally become bad over time as their great players age out. This is different than that. This is self inflicted. This is you're the team who gave away an all-timer in the making because you didn't have the balls to go through some uncomfortable months to start the season.

1. He didn't want to be in SA. I firmly believe that. PATFO screwed up in the sense that they should have gone down fighting him much like the Pelicans are doing with Davis. I wanted them to keep him simply because I'm a pretty vindictive person and wanted to see him sweat it out for another year with the Spurs. Unfortunately they didn't do it. I thought if they wanted to trade him you trade him to shitty team in which he has no chance of ringing with hence why trading him to the Hornets for Kemba would have been a better deal.

2. He's going to bolt from Toronto win or lose. I'm strongly convinced of that. If he wins with the Raptors the media is not going to blast him for leaving simply because his camp will spin it by saying "Hey he got Toronto a ring and that they should be happy with their return."

3. The media will eventually turn against him. Not because of what he did with the Spurs but because he's not a ratings generator like Lebron,Curry, etc. Evident by the ECF having the lowest ratings for a conference finals since Spurs-Jazz '07.

daslicer
05-23-2019, 11:17 PM

I agree with you that Tim Duncan made them. I have felt Pop has gotten all the credit for Duncan''s success but you can't be stupid to believe the FO's rep is going to get damaged by #2 winning. The national media doesn't care about POP/RC so they are not going to suffer in any way if #2 wins. If you want Pop to take a hit nationally with the media then your best bet is to hope for Team USA to fail in 2020.

TD 21
05-23-2019, 11:19 PM
1. He didn't want to be in SA. I firmly believe that. PATFO screwed up in the sense that they should have gone down fighting him much like the Pelicans are doing with Davis. I wanted them to keep him simply because I'm a pretty vindictive person and wanted to see him sweat it out for another year with the Spurs. Unfortunately they didn't do it. I thought if they wanted to trade him you trade him to shitty team in which he has no chance of ringing with hence why trading him to the Hornets for Kemba would have been a better deal.

2. He's going to bolt from Toronto win or lose. I'm strongly convinced of that. If he wins with the Raptors the media is not going to blast him for leaving simply because his camp will spin it by saying "Hey he got Toronto a ring and that they should be happy with their return."

3. The media will eventually turn against him. Not because of what he did with the Spurs but because he's not a ratings generator like Lebron,Curry, etc. Evident by the ECF having the lowest ratings for a conference finals since Spurs-Jazz '07.

We know he didn't; that's irrelevant. I'll never understand or forgive them for caving in the fashion they did.

I'd be shocked if he left. Who the hell either wins a championship or just falls short and leaves? And before anyone says James, he didn't just fall short. Beyond that, he's clearly gotten everything his sleazebag uncle brainwashed him into thinking he should want.

No, they won't. They love him already, they hate the Spurs and have enjoying every second of rubbing this in.

apalisoc_9
05-23-2019, 11:26 PM
Breh what does the NBA have to do with this?

They raptors still had to beat philly and series is not over. Bucks can easily steal game 6.

daslicer
05-23-2019, 11:32 PM
We know he didn't; that's irrelevant. I'll never understand or forgive them for caving in the fashion they did.

I'd be shocked if he left. Who the hell either wins a championship or just falls short and leaves? And before anyone says James, he didn't just fall short. Beyond that, he's clearly gotten everything his sleazebag uncle brainwashed him into thinking he should want.

No, they won't. They love him already, they hate the Spurs and have enjoying every second of rubbing this in.

1. On the first point you don't make any sense. If you know he was going to leave then why are you bitching 24/7 about the FO the way they handled it. Like I said before the only thing they could have done better was force him to play out his final year or trade him to some shit team like the Hornets that would have ensured him not ringing.

2. I still believe he's going to leave. His head is so big right now i"m sure he believes he can win anywhere based off of his recent success with the Raptors. We'll see what happens July 1st.

3. The media is always about ratings hence why they always despised Duncan. The media also wants personal access to stars. Guys like Curry,Lebron,Durant give that access while #2 doesn't. The media hates stars that don't give them access along with guys who are not rating generators that's why I don't see this love affair with #2 lasting long term with him in the media.

4:lol media being obsessed with the Spurs after this season. Sure they rubbed it in this season but now with the Spurs officially being dead as contenders i don't see them caring anymore to bring up the Spurs when talking about #2.

spursistan
05-23-2019, 11:35 PM

They raptors still had to beat philly and series is not over. Bucks can easily steal game 6.

lol it is over..Bucks, Bud, Giannis are deer-in the headlights..Series lost in the ever deciding, close Game 3 of such type of series ( Backdoor sweep category)

It is a classic NBA playoffs scenario playing out here..Happened to Spurs-- a more experienced bunch than this Bucks team-- quite few times..

Barfunk
05-23-2019, 11:49 PM
It is what it is. The NBA and media indeed hates the Spurs. Barnacle Boy is probably snorting coke off a stripper's ass right about now.

midnightpulp
05-23-2019, 11:53 PM
lol it is over..Bucks, Bud, Giannis are deer-in the headlights..Series lost in the ever deciding, close Game 3 of such type of series ( Backdoor sweep category)

It is a classic NBA playoffs scenario playing out here..Happened to Spurs-- a more experienced bunch than this Bucks team-- quite few times..

Reasons it might not be totally over is that it's unlikely Van Fleet will have a great 3rd game in a row. He's saved the Raptors season. If he kills it again, just gotta tip your cap.

tbdog
05-24-2019, 12:16 AM
Toronto didn't just get Leonard. They went all out and got Gasol who is playing a limited role just to dominate on D. That trade was the difference between getting ounced by sixers and going to the finals.

james evans
05-24-2019, 12:37 AM
They can’t. These punk azz fat fuckers think they own people. Lol

DPG21920
05-24-2019, 01:06 AM

Still had to beat Philly :lol

SpurPadre
05-24-2019, 01:13 AM
The whole idea of karma, good or bad, is bullshit. In reality, sometimes good things happen to bad people and bad behavior can get people rewarded. That's just how it is sometimes and that's how it is for this disgusting piece of shit, unfortunately. We just have to deal with it and hope the Dubs as the lesser of two evils can get healthy and put this fucker back in his place.

Jonnyblue19
05-24-2019, 01:18 AM
It is what is. Relax he makes it to the finals so be it, if he wins life goes on. What he did was wrong but it is done and nothing can change it.

spurraider21
05-24-2019, 01:41 AM
looks like op ran out of vagisil again

duncan2150
05-24-2019, 01:55 AM
Some people need to forget kawhi, for me he is just an nba player nothing else. I don’t have bad feelings about him, he didn’t want to be a spur so why being mad... just pass

and if he wins a title good for him and the raptors but I don’t get the drama.

horseshue
05-24-2019, 02:35 AM

It's like keeping your soon to be ex girlfriend in the basement, to keep her. It ain't gonna work. He/she left us, because he/she wanted to, just live with it.

Down Under
05-24-2019, 04:39 AM

I see the Warriors ceiling as higher without Durant tbh

TheGoatishere
05-24-2019, 05:19 AM
Doesn’t matter Golden state will beat them . Gasol will became unplayable and i don’t trust ibaka to defend Curry in those high screen and rolls .

r0drig0lac
05-24-2019, 07:07 AM
I really hope seeing Leonard thrive so greatly in the playoffs hurts PATFO and forces their hands, but I doubt it. I see a DeRozan extension and more loyalty contracts.

sad but true

this

coachmac87
05-24-2019, 08:11 AM
Chris Carter has been the only one in the media discrediting the Spurs...

Skip obviously stands up for them but doesn’t get credit cause it’s Skip..

Russillo I believe knows something but cuts himself short cause he says “it’s not worth it”

We’re in the middle of postseason and he’s doing what we all knew he could do...why would the media change the narrative?? It does no good to bring attention off of the playoffs..

The media will turn on him if he leaves Toronto especially if he rings....If he rings or loses in the Finals and goes to the Clippers??? It will show his true colors of the douche he is.

He would’ve abandoned 2 franchises after GREAT success?? Who does that...

JeffDuncan
05-24-2019, 08:20 AM

The media will turn on him if he leaves Toronto especially if he rings...

No, the media will just follow the story lines wherever they go. And there will always be plenty of media schmuckos to take both sides and pretend to debate, as they hope desperately that somebody cares enough to watch.

Keepin' it real
05-24-2019, 09:03 AM

This is wrong on so many levels and it should be a massive embarrassment for the league.

There's your problem. You're in for a lot of anger and disappointment if you expect things to be the way they "should be."

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2019, 10:09 AM
pop chose lma over kawhi when he went to kow tow to that pos who wasnt happy being signed here to be 2nd fiddle or not getting his 20 touches

then u have pop still holding onto the remnants of the big3 loyalty contracts, then u have those vets getting loyalty contracts over younger players

then u see those younger players developed around the same time as kawhi all leaving one by one

Chucho
05-24-2019, 10:18 AM

That's now how it works here.

dbestpro
05-24-2019, 10:27 AM
Look this is simple. sign Kawhi as a free agent and all will be forgiven. :::p:

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2019, 10:33 AM
they are a disgrace when they kept enrique who tried to cuck a team mate,

patfo should never talk about culture...

kobyz
05-24-2019, 10:50 AM
op stop this! we still not in the finals, don't try to jinx us, one more win...

bklynspursfan
05-24-2019, 11:12 AM

Arcadian
05-24-2019, 11:25 AM
Why are you just now melting down about this? The moment Leonard signed with Toronto, I pretty knew they'd be in the Finals with a chance to win it. :lol All late.

rjv
05-24-2019, 12:51 PM
the real question is when will the OP stop crying about it?

Quadzilla99
05-24-2019, 12:53 PM
I still don't get why we traded him when we did and for fucking derozan

Jonnyblue19
05-24-2019, 12:57 PM

Ask POP

kobyz
05-24-2019, 12:58 PM

Exactly, no rational from the beginning, even if you sure 100% kawhi is leaving after the season you keep him, as one season of kawhi worth more than 5 seasons of demar... Pop should stop adding insult to injury and put down his keys for this scandal...

Jonnyblue19
05-24-2019, 01:15 PM
Exactly, no rational from the beginning, even if you sure 100% kawhi is leaving after the season you keep him, as one season of kawhi worth more than 5 seasons of demar... Pop should stop adding insult to injury and put down his keys for this scandal...

Ego, pure and simple. The Spurs had leverage because Kiwi had to play this season since he was going to be a free agent, he couldn't sit out 2 years of his prime and demand a max deal. No one would offer it to him. And who knew if he played they could have salvaged the relationship, if not, correct he walks and the Spurs have a ton of cap space.

Look at the Pelicans they didn't trade Davis last year, and teams are still going to offer a ton for him even though it his final year, but Pop didn't want to answer anymore questions, or have this linger over his head for the year.

J_Paco
05-24-2019, 01:40 PM
Chris Carter has been the only one in the media discrediting the Spurs...

Skip obviously stands up for them but doesn’t get credit cause it’s Skip..

Russillo I believe knows something but cuts himself short cause he says “it’s not worth it”

We’re in the middle of postseason and he’s doing what we all knew he could do...why would the media change the narrative?? It does no good to bring attention off of the playoffs..

The media will turn on him if he leaves Toronto especially if he rings....If he rings or loses in the Finals and goes to the Clippers??? It will show his true colors of the douche he is.

He would’ve abandoned 2 franchises after GREAT success?? Who does that...

LeBron James?

Chucho
05-24-2019, 01:44 PM

To avoid the potential of a toxic situation. It wasn't the sexy decision, but all things considered, it was safe.

JeffDuncan
05-24-2019, 02:13 PM

Whether a person likes DDR's style or not (and I don't) he's a career 20 ppg scorer. Also, the Spurs signed Rudy Gay a week before the Leonard trade (when PATFO must have known it would happen) and Gay is a 17 ppg career scorer.

So it's clear enough PATFO was doing the best they could to try to make up for the loss of Leonard's scoring. As far as just that much goes, they did ok. They got the scoring stats.

HarlemHeat37
05-24-2019, 03:13 PM
The best move would have been to make him sit another year, as many of us wanted at the time..

However, the DeRozan trade accomplished what Pop and RC wanted..get a player to help them remain competitive, no more drama, and get something else on top of it(Poetl and a pick)..

Just the reality of the situation, Pop is a class man, he wasn't going to take the bitter route like the fans wanted..

kobyz
05-24-2019, 03:18 PM
To avoid the potential of a toxic situation. It wasn't the sexy decision, but all things considered, it was safe.

you reaching and fooling yourself, no way kawhi is toxic and spurs had the power to cause him play out the season...

Dex
05-24-2019, 03:23 PM
The best move would have been to make him sit another year, as many of us wanted at the time..

However, the DeRozan trade accomplished what Pop and RC wanted..get a player to help them remain competitive, no more drama, and get something else on top of it(Poetl and a pick)..

Just the reality of the situation, Pop is a class man, he wasn't going to take the bitter route like the fans wanted..

I'm as bitter about the Kawhi situation as anyone, but I fail to see how that would've been beneficial.

1. The entire situation would've continued to be a huge distraction to the team and a PR nightmare.

2. Spurs look like the bad guy for holding an unhappy player hostage or trying to "force him to play" for another year.

3. Kawhi walks this summer and the Spurs get absolutely zero assets out of it, short of opening up a $23M roster spot this offseason that would probably be wasted because no FA wants to come to a Spurs team that is solely led by an aging Aldridge.

If the most the Spurs were angling for is money coming off the books, they can still get that when DeRozan's contract comes up in 2021 which also fits the timeline of our young players anyways. It would have made no sense to just give up on Kawhi and let him walk out of spite.

Maybe they should have held their cards until the trade deadline and seen if they could've gotten more, but I think they were just ready to be done with the ordeal and focus on this season rather than have those question marks looming until February.

HarlemHeat37
05-24-2019, 03:30 PM
I'm as bitter about the Kawhi situation as anyone, but I fail to see how that would've been beneficial.

1. The entire situation would've continued to be a huge distraction to the team and a PR nightmare.

2. Spurs look like the bad guy for holding an unhappy player hostage or trying to "force him to play" for another year.

3. Kawhi walks this summer and the Spurs get absolutely zero assets out of it, short of opening up a $23M roster spot this offseason that would probably be wasted because no FA wants to come to a Spurs team that is solely led by an aging Aldridge.

Maybe they should have held their cards until the trade deadline and seen if they could've gotten more, but I think they were just ready to be done with the ordeal and focus on this season rather than have those question marks looming until February.

If the most the Spurs were angling for is money coming off the books, they can still get that when DeRozan's contract comes up in 2021 which also fits the timeline of our young players anyways. It would have made no sense to just give up on Kawhi and let him walk out of spite.

I disagree..your points are valid, but:

1. Yes, it would have been a PR disaster, but who cares? The Spurs are already viewed as the bad guys, even after trading him..they're STILL getting killed by the mainstream media and virtually nobody has taken their side:lol

2. People would have forgotten about it..look at the Pelicans and Davis, everybody stopped discussing it about a month later..I forgot that Davis even existed..instead, everybody is roasting the Spurs now and Kawhi is being viewed as a hero, this is the most love he's ever received from the media and fans and it isn't even close..

3. None of the assets they received for him are relevant..I like Poetl, but he's nothing special, neither is a late 1st round pick.. I'd rather have nothing than watch him embarrass the franchise less than a year later:lol

It's a moot point, anyways, Pop would have never taken the bitter approach .

timvp
05-24-2019, 03:32 PM

Good breakdown :tu

Nephew's value was actively sinking. If he would have started sitting out the season, his value would have taken another massive hit.

No team was offering anything close to equal value and it was getting worse. As it was, scrubs like Kuzma and Saric were being dropped from trade proposals :lol

Chucho
05-24-2019, 03:35 PM
you reaching and fooling yourself, no way kawhi is toxic and spurs had the power to cause him play out the season...

TD 21
05-24-2019, 04:56 PM

The NBA allowed one of their premier players to screw one of their premiere franchises.

They should have had independent doctors determine whether he was healthy or not and even if you want to pull the "no one knows your body like you" card, fine, but at the very least he should have had to have been present and released his medical information to his employer that was paying him roughly $18.6M.

Basically, they should have done everything in their power to ensure that if it did end in a trade, the Spurs had every opportunity to extract max value (like the Pelicans supposedly will for Davis). Instead, their "model franchise" has been destroyed, reduced to rubble.

This series is over.

1. On the first point you don't make any sense. If you know he was going to leave then why are you bitching 24/7 about the FO the way they handled it. Like I said before the only thing they could have done better was force him to play out his final year or trade him to some shit team like the Hornets that would have ensured him not ringing.

2. I still believe he's going to leave. His head is so big right now i"m sure he believes he can win anywhere based off of his recent success with the Raptors. We'll see what happens July 1st.

3. The media is always about ratings hence why they always despised Duncan. The media also wants personal access to stars. Guys like Curry,Lebron,Durant give that access while #2 doesn't. The media hates stars that don't give them access along with guys who are not rating generators that's why I don't see this love affair with #2 lasting long term with him in the media.

:lol
media being obsessed with the Spurs after this season. Sure they rubbed it in this season but now with the Spurs officially being dead as contenders i don't see them caring anymore to bring up the Spurs when talking about #2.

I already answered this. He either should have been forced to report to collect his money and repair his trade value or if they didn't have the balls to go through with that and were willing to accept pennies, at least traded to some dead end team.

He probably does believe that, but I'd be shocked if he left. He's got everything his sleazebag uncle brainwashed him into thinking he should want.

No, the media is about who plays their game. The Spurs never did, so they despise them. The Raptors clearly do.

I'd rather have nothing than watch him embarrass the franchise less than a year later:lol

It's a moot point, anyways, Pop would have never taken the bitter approach .

Exactly.

Pop should have had the decency to "get over himself" and do what was best for his franchise. Instead, he gutted them and their reputation.

kobyz
05-24-2019, 05:12 PM
Chucho

lol, this is how you justify pop! that soft and weak man!! you talking about a one in a lifetime player, you don't give him up like that!

Arcadian
05-24-2019, 05:13 PM
I fail to see how any of this is an "embarrassment" to the Spurs franchise. Unless you believe the theory that he was "mistreated by the medical staff," the Spurs were innocent bystanders in this guy's holdout. They couldn't do anything to convince him to stay, so what is there to be embarrassed about?

TD 21
05-24-2019, 05:17 PM
I fail to see how any of this is an "embarrassment" to the Spurs franchise. Unless you believe the theory that he was "mistreated by the medical staff," the Spurs were innocent bystanders in this guy's holdout. They couldn't do anything to convince him to stay, so what is there to be embarrassed about?

I already answered this. He either should have been forced to report to collect his money and repair his trade value or if they didn't have the balls to go through with that and were willing to accept pennies, at least traded to some dead end team.

Instead, they gave away what should have been a top 3 asset in the league and rewarded him with the opportunity to get to the Finals (which meant a Curry/Durant injury away from a legit shot at a championship) because they couldn't handle a few uncomfortable months.

It's like spursistan and me are Frank Grimes. How are so many of you not seeing it our way?

Arcadian
05-24-2019, 05:29 PM

Instead, they gave away what should have been a top 3 asset in the league and rewarded him with the opportunity to get to the Finals (which meant a Curry/Durant injury away from a legit shot at a championship) because they couldn't handle a few uncomfortable months.

It's like spursistan and me are Frank Grimes. How are so many of you not seeing it our way?

I actually agree with that. I also advocated for making him wait until his contract was up. But I also understand why they might not have done that. Given the awful situation Kawhi caused for the franchise, they didn't have any clearly good options. So not really embarrassing, just unfortunate.

Big Empty
05-24-2019, 05:35 PM
After Kawhi went down in the WCF against the Warriors, The Spurs re-signed LA after a terrible series. Then gave Pau a 3 year contract...alot of us saw Kawhi leaving just not the fashion that be did it after that...Lets face it, if Kawhi was on the Spurs still he wouldnt have the cast to do much especially in the WCF as great as he is. It hurts like hell to see us at home and he on the verge of the NBA finals. Oh that old hype and excitement of the glory days it reminds us all of... both sides were at fault. Nothing we can do but rebuild and try to remain competitive. U think its bad now, wait till Kawhi is on the Lakers doing this. If he doesnt win a title thats where he’s going and its gonna last for the next 7-9 years. Lol hes only 27

rjv
05-24-2019, 05:55 PM
but, but....they would have been in the finals (if all of the GS team was involved in a horrible car accident).

cjw
05-24-2019, 06:46 PM
The Celts and Sixers look even stupider. They coulda got Nephew for a bag of donuts and a gift card.

Sixers didn’t even want to trade Fultz and then salary dumped him. They could have probably had Kawhi for the Jimmy Butler (plus a bit) or Harris package.

Celtics fell apart in spectacular fashion. Serves them right for taking advantage of Billy Jean King and then getting IT injured and costing him tens of millions. Kyrie was the one who imploded that team.

johnnymoore
05-24-2019, 08:44 PM
Pop should've traded Kawhi to the Lakers. The haul would've been ridiculous.

Clipper Nation
05-24-2019, 08:47 PM
Pop should've traded Kawhi to the Lakers. The haul would've been ridiculous.

:lol The Lakers' garbage is even worse than DeBrick.

oldspursfan
05-25-2019, 11:47 PM
As a TD and spurs fan, I feel your pain. It is more painful to see that KL is actually like TD in many aspects, a typical spur.

But when you think it over and over again, except for the Zaza shit, everything is doomed to happen. You have a very successful spurs dynasty for the past 20 years, and Pop and the front office would think they are superior or something (I am not a native speaker, so I cannot find the right word). Given that, who would think KL is a Jordan-like generational talent? Talent can only be evaluated ex post, not ex ante.

The spurs story confirms the old Chinese saying: a giant dynasty often breaks down due to small things, like the unfortunately zaza thing, but that is life.

I feel sorry for you, TD 21. With Pop approaching retirement and Spurs being a small market team, the future for spurs is not very bright. As fans, your happiness will suffer because of the sudden mediocrity of your beloved team. The best strategy is to stop loving your favorite team so much for a while, and time can cure everything.

My final words for loving the spurs for so long. I would have continued to follow spurs because KL is like TD. Now I am only a KL fan. Do not hate me, because I am a Chinese. Thanks spurs, TD, and Gino for the past memories. Best luck, KL, spurs fans and the spurs franchise.

monty4329
05-26-2019, 12:32 AM

And sadly, one of the reasons was unhappiness with the medical staff. Given both Green and Pau misdiagnosis/mistreatment Nephew was totally right in wanting to leave

TheGreatYacht
05-26-2019, 12:36 AM
As a TD and spurs fan, I feel your pain. It is more painful to see that KL is actually like TD in many aspects, a typical spur.

But when you think it over and over again, except for the Zaza shit, everything is doomed to happen. You have a very successful spurs dynasty for the past 20 years, and Pop and the front office would think they are superior or something (I am not a native speaker, so I cannot find the right word). Given that, who would think KL is a Jordan-like generational talent? Talent can only be evaluated ex post, not ex ante.

The spurs story confirms the old Chinese saying: a giant dynasty often breaks down due to small things, like the unfortunately zaza thing, but that is life.

I feel sorry for you, TD 21. With Pop approaching retirement and Spurs being a small market team, the future for spurs is not very bright. As fans, your happiness will suffer because of the sudden mediocrity of your beloved team. The best strategy is to stop loving your favorite team so much for a while, and time can cure everything.

My final words for loving the spurs for so long. I would have continued to follow spurs because KL is like TD. Now I am only a KL fan. Do not hate me, because I am a Chinese. Thanks spurs, TD, and Gino for the past memories. Best luck, KL, spurs fans and the spurs franchise.
Wouldn't wish watching Pop's 1992 system on anyone. Enjoy Kawhi's greatness

monty4329
05-26-2019, 12:45 AM

Plus, good luck attracting decent FAs after basically sitting Kawhi for a full season...