PDA

View Full Version : Yeeee! Dejounte Murray Guarantees a Championship

testingtesting
05-24-2019, 01:56 PM
https://i.imgur.com/vW22CHk.png

J_Paco
05-24-2019, 02:00 PM
What else is he supposed to say?

Y'all get mad when a player is realistic about expectations but turnaround and get mad when they show confidence (or "arrogance").

Just gotta hope he's 100%, the team drafts a steal or two, make some necessary changes (bye bye Patty or Marco) & the young core improves (Murray, White, Poeltl & Walker) (with Ben Moore as our surprise ala "Alfonzo McKinnie" sprinkled in).

TDomination
05-24-2019, 02:05 PM
With the way everything has been going for us, this is a much needed booster for the fans IMO.

Yeah its all talk, you actually gotta go and do it. But its nice to know that we have a player who actually wants to be here and be successful here. And its not just some scrub but a player who has the potential to be pretty good.

timvp
05-24-2019, 02:06 PM
I, for one, appreciate his alpha tendencies :tu

TXstbobcat
05-24-2019, 02:14 PM
Bright future here for Murray and for White. :flag:

r0drig0lac
05-24-2019, 02:20 PM
the leader

Ocotillo
05-24-2019, 02:21 PM
I, for one, appreciate his alpha tendencies :tu

When you think about it, he may be just the tonic DWhite needs. While Demar and LaMarcus are solid players, they don't strike me as rah rah on the court leaders beyond their play.

Keepin' it real
05-24-2019, 02:25 PM
This 6th championship is sweeter than all the others. Me so happy. Me want to cry.

https://media.giphy.com/media/LqJgNbzmABdde/giphy.gif

timvp
05-24-2019, 02:26 PM
When you think about it, he may be just the tonic DWhite needs. While Demar and LaMarcus are solid players, they don't strike me as rah rah on the court leaders beyond their play.

Yeah, I've had the same thoughts. For as good as White appears to be, he doesn't have that Avery Johnson or Tony Parker stubborn self- and team-belief that is important for a winning point guard to have. Murray looks like he does have that ... so the two together fit well in that regard.

BillMc
05-24-2019, 02:34 PM
Adding more ceiling lamps?

gambit1990
05-24-2019, 02:45 PM
:lol

timvp
05-24-2019, 02:45 PM

https://i.imgur.com/hYAzbYf.gif

HarlemHeat37
05-24-2019, 03:05 PM
Would have been more exciting if it said "we adding a jump shot"..

GAustex
05-24-2019, 03:12 PM
What else is he supposed to say?

Y'all get mad when a player is realistic about expectations but turnaround and get mad when they show confidence (or "arrogance").

Just gotta hope he's 100%, the team drafts a steal or two, make some necessary changes (bye bye Patty or Marco) & the young core improves (Murray, White, Poeltl & Walker) (with Ben Moore as our surprise ala "Alfonzo McKinnie" sprinkled in).

Being fortunate to experience
Shay Laren up close and personnel must have been a hell of way to relieve tension

And Dejounte-go get it

John B
05-24-2019, 03:19 PM
Tbh we need this swagger, as much as his jump shot. I like his confidence.

acoelho1
05-24-2019, 05:10 PM
The guy has the kind of toughness and talent to win a championship. I expect a big year from him.

Ozballer
05-24-2019, 05:22 PM
The character eating the player before it arrived...not a great sign.
Love the post though:lobt:

J_Paco
05-24-2019, 05:53 PM
Being fortunate to experience
Shay Laren up close and personnel must have been a hell of way to relieve tension

And Dejounte-go get it

I wish, LOL. I can't say I've ever had the pleasure of meeting or having intimate time with that beauty.

We on the same page when it comes to DeJounte, though.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-24-2019, 09:16 PM
Guaransheed?

FkLA
05-24-2019, 10:04 PM
Smh.
Instagram Baller doing what he does best and gullible Spurs fans just eat that shit up. :vomit:

timtonymanu
05-24-2019, 10:07 PM
Putting a lot of pressure on himself to have a good comeback. Hope he delivers.

SpurPadre
05-24-2019, 10:15 PM
Would have been more exciting if it said "we adding a jump shot"..

He was flashing that jumper at camp before he went down, tbh.

SpurPadre
05-24-2019, 10:17 PM
Smh.
Instagram Baller doing what he does best and gullible Spurs fans just eat that shit up. :vomit:

Better than ignoring White's 0-10 shitfest against the Hornets towards the end season and, oh yeah, getting his ass benched over fucking Mills in a Game 7 lol.

Mikeanaro
05-24-2019, 10:29 PM
Lol that was a very good one!

SpurPadre
05-24-2019, 10:32 PM

One of the very best posts of the year, tbh.

apalisoc_9
05-24-2019, 10:39 PM
Big words from a guy that cant hit a jumpshot. :lol

I suspect hell get benched for bryn forbes in a post season game next year :lol

tholdren
05-24-2019, 11:41 PM
At least hes got goals

Xx_SpursNation_xX
05-24-2019, 11:56 PM
I'm gonna laugh if this guy hasn't improved a lick. All the pre-hype on him on this site

Barfunk
05-25-2019, 12:24 AM
If we don't get hit by the injury bug again, we're going to be at minimum, a better team next year.

weeks
05-25-2019, 12:58 AM
Smh.
your boner for humility is enormous

BillMc
05-25-2019, 02:24 AM
:lol

https://i.imgur.com/hYAzbYf.gif

Lol that was a very good one!

One of the very best posts of the year, tbh.

Cheers guys!:bobo

Instagram Baller
05-25-2019, 12:10 PM
💯✊😜

SASdynasty!
05-25-2019, 12:28 PM
Dejounte Murray’s BEST season: 8/3 on 44%
Tony Parker’s numbers THIS SEASON: 10/4 on 46%

Leetonidas
05-25-2019, 12:33 PM
Dejounte Murray’s BEST season: 8/3 on 44%
Tony Parker’s numbers THIS SEASON: 10/4 on 46%

Considering he's only really played 1 season full time, not sure this is a relevant point to make. He was also all defensive team that year and TP has never even sniffed that type of defense.

Not sure why so many of you are content to shit on DJ. Dude has a good motor. He obviously loves being in SA. He wants to be a leader and from all I've seen he puts in the work. He's basically the anti nephew right now. For so many fatnecks on this site crying about Pop not letting Kawhi be free to be himself as a reason he wanted out, it's strange to see a lot of the same people shitting on a dude for using his fucking Instagram.

Poolboy5623
05-25-2019, 12:56 PM
Murray is an idiot imo

FkLA
05-25-2019, 01:14 PM
Considering he's only really played 1 season full time, not sure this is a relevant point to make. He was also all defensive team that year and TP has never even sniffed that type of defense.

Not sure why so many of you are content to shit on DJ. Dude has a good motor. He obviously loves being in SA. He wants to be a leader and from all I've seen he puts in the work. He's basically the anti nephew right now. For so many fatnecks on this site crying about Pop not letting Kawhi be free to be himself as a reason he wanted out, it's strange to see a lot of the same people shitting on a dude for using his fucking Instagram.

Most of the hate comes from the self-promotion and the subsequent overhyping by fans.

In a bubble, he's a solid role player that plays hard. It's the talk of greatness, bringing titles to SA, working out videos that gets idiots to think he's a surefire star in the making (while overlooking a humble, better player like White). In my time following the Spurs I've never seen a player do so little, yet has the fanbase convinced he's the future.

SASdynasty!
05-25-2019, 01:50 PM
The Spurs literally haven’t won a playoff series where Parker wasn’t the starting PG since 2001.

dbreiden83080
05-25-2019, 01:55 PM
Lots of talk from a guy that didn't make it out of the pre-season..

tmtcsc
05-25-2019, 02:08 PM
The guy has the kind of toughness and talent to win a championship. I expect a big year from him.

https://media.giphy.com/media/NszxPldAmo6vbsupdX/giphy.gif

ZeusWillJudge
05-25-2019, 02:10 PM
I like him. And I like that a LOT better than "Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose". Or, "It's just a game."

The kid's got stones.

SpurPadre
05-25-2019, 02:18 PM
Most of the criticism of White comes from the overhyping by fans like me.

In a bubble, he's a solid role player that plays hard. It's the talk of Murray's greatness, bringing titles to SA, working out videos that gets hopeful fans who recognize his high ceiling to think he's a surefire star in the making (while realizing a humble, inferior player like White still has an important role in the team). In my time following the Spurs I've never seen a player like White do so little, shit the bed in a Game 7, yet has the fanbase convinced he's the future.

FIFY

SpurPadre
05-25-2019, 02:23 PM
The Spurs literally haven’t won a playoff series where Parker wasn’t the starting PG since 2001.

And that means, what? End the franchise? GTFO with that shit. We have a young talented PG who wants to shine and win. If you're a real fan, you'd be supportive of that.

timtonymanu
05-25-2019, 02:26 PM
FIFY

1/10 imo.

D-Robinson 50 fan
05-25-2019, 02:40 PM
Big words from a guy that cant hit a jumpshot. :lol

I suspect hell get benched for bryn forbes in a post season game next year :lol

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if Pop goes with the starting backcourt from this year instead of inserting Murray into it over Forbes and White. I know people are gonna be pissed but I can see it coming from a mile away.

D-Robinson 50 fan
05-25-2019, 02:45 PM
I hope I’m wrong but it’s going to be bittersweet to see all these folks upset if he hasn’t improved by a decent amount.

I appreciate the young man’s gusto and I truly hope he has gotten better.

SpurPadre
05-25-2019, 02:46 PM
1/10 imo.

It's pretty ridiculous to say Murray hasn't proven anything in an attempt to put White ahead of him. They've played roughly the same amount of games except that Murray is almost 3 years younger than him. lol

timvp
05-25-2019, 02:54 PM
It's pretty ridiculous to say Murray hasn't proven anything in an attempt to put White ahead of him. They've played roughly the same amount of games except that Murray is almost 3 years younger than him. lol

They're on the same team, IMO. Why does it matter?

SpurPadre
05-25-2019, 02:57 PM
They're on the same team, IMO. Why does it matter?

Tell Murray haters here that. I support both of them, I just think Murray is better.

r0drig0lac
05-25-2019, 03:57 PM
I hope I’m wrong but it’s going to be bittersweet to see all these folks upset if he hasn’t improved by a decent amount.

I appreciate the young man’s gusto and I truly hope he has gotten better.

well, this is weird

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2019, 07:27 PM
this fkn clown talks alot but hasnt shown or proven shit

his nothing more then an attention whore atm, fck this instagram fagot.... he mad quitter is getting the spotlight now, so he needs to get spursfans attention with more bs....

FkLA
05-25-2019, 07:32 PM

What the fuck has he shown to make all of you idiots believe he's a star in the making? He still has so many holes in his game. His handles are loose, he doesn't have a good feel for the game as a PG, can't shoot, below average slasher/finisher around the rim (halfcourt).

If you were to say he's a valuable piece because of the dirty work he can provide (defense, rebounds) that'd be fair. It's when you try to put him way above a guy that has shown to be a better PG in pretty much every conceivable way, that you get called out for being a dumbass. If I had a dollar for all the times I've come across "imagine if we had our starting PG this year" or "instagram baller-walker are going to be sooo special" on the internet I'd be fucking rich. Show Derrick White the respect he deserves, tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2019, 07:41 PM
he thinks the team is now his since the big3 are gone, no enrique

a pg = floor general = something his not, just another loud mouth who hasnt proven shit

tmtcsc
05-25-2019, 07:52 PM
this fkn clown talks alot but hasnt shown or proven shit

his nothing more then an attention whore atm, fck this instagram fagot.... he mad quitter is getting the spotlight now, so he needs to get spursfans attention with more bs....

Holy shit, I had to make sure I wasn't the one who wrote this. Thought someone fucked with my avatar for a sec.