PDA

View Full Version : HoopsHype: Spurs Could Trade Derrick White or Dejounte Murray for Mike Conley?

Man Mountain
05-24-2019, 10:40 PM
https://hoopshype.com/2019/05/24/mike-conley-trade-rumors-jazz-pacers-magic-spurs/

We would get better a lot faster.

Stump
05-24-2019, 10:42 PM
No freaking way!:rollin

Leetonidas
05-24-2019, 10:43 PM
Lol no

RD2191
05-24-2019, 10:44 PM
I need to get away from ST for awhile.

spursparker9
05-24-2019, 10:51 PM
Most underrated PG

lmbebo
05-24-2019, 10:58 PM
newp

tholdren
05-24-2019, 11:41 PM
Why would they? Todays media is almost as bad as todays nba

Chinook
05-24-2019, 11:48 PM
God that's awful. Worst thing is that it completely invalidates the DeRozan rumor.

GAustex
05-24-2019, 11:52 PM
If Conley was 5 years younger

Keepin' it real
05-24-2019, 11:52 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ThirstyYellowAmericanquarterhorse-size_restricted.gif

FkLA
05-25-2019, 12:37 AM
Why the hate for Conley? The guy is legit.

I'd gladly give MEM instagram baller for him. Ideally, LA gets involved in a three team deal and they end up with DeRozan.

Joseph Kony
05-25-2019, 12:59 AM
Why the hate for Conley? The guy is legit.

I'd gladly give MEM instagram baller for him. Ideally, LA gets involved in a three team deal and they end up with DeRozan.

Because he's 31 (32 when the season starts), has a history of being injury prone, and is making 30+ million a season and he doesnt really move the needle that much. no reason to trade away a young player with upside on a rookie scale deal for an injury prone, over the hill PG making superstar money

FkLA
05-25-2019, 01:11 AM
Because he's 31 (32 when the season starts), has a history of being injury prone, and is making 30+ million a season and he doesnt really move the needle that much. no reason to trade away a young player with upside on a rookie scale deal for an injury prone, over the hill PG making superstar money

He averaged a career high 21 PPG this past year. He's not over the hill and it would certainly move the needle. Two years left on his deal.

If Durbeta bolts, opens things up in the West and Pop wants to make one last run with an LMA-DD core, getting a guy like Conley makes sense, imho.

RC_Drunkford
05-25-2019, 04:14 AM
That would be stupid. Next years version of Derrick White shouldn't be far away from what Conley is. Besides that I rather keep both and use the money on wings

KimmyGib
05-25-2019, 04:25 AM
I like Conley but he's way too expensive. This move might have made sense if not for the emergence of Derrick White, as the Spurs had pretty much been without a legit point guard since 2015. But White is just too promising with too good of a contract. Need to invest in a solid 2-way SF, not a PG.

D-Robinson 50 fan
05-25-2019, 06:36 AM
Fuck no

JeffDuncan
05-25-2019, 06:58 AM
Mike Conley, $32.5 million.

Dejounte Murray, $2.3 million.
Derrick White, $1.95 million.

And this works out, how?

JeffDuncan
05-25-2019, 07:02 AM
I'd gladly give MEM instagram baller for him.

You're short 30 million dollars, spunky. You got it?

SpursDynasty85
05-25-2019, 07:10 AM
Lol. Second on the numbers not working. Also, he is injury prone and on a bad contract. A potential top 20 player next season but he is older now so doesnt seem worth it.

dbreiden83080
05-25-2019, 07:17 AM
LOL.. No..

buttsR4rebounding
05-25-2019, 07:46 AM
God that's awful. Worst thing is that it completely invalidates the DeRozan rumor.

mo7888
05-25-2019, 07:53 AM
Mike Conley, $32.5 million.

Dejounte Murray, $2.3 million.
Derrick White, $1.95 million.

And this works out, how?

I'm not in favor of getting Conley but, DDR to LA, #4 and Conley to SA, and white or DJ to Memphis is a 3 team trade.

I rather do it without Memphis and just keep the cap space to use elsewhere.

KDKSpurs24
05-25-2019, 08:04 AM
Fuck no.

FkLA
05-25-2019, 08:18 AM
Smh. Y'all are sleeping on Conley so bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG6PgMVi1Ys

Larry O
05-25-2019, 08:29 AM
Hmmm... it's interesting to know were this idea came from about SAS would be interested in Conley, tbh, other than prior rumors from the past. If so, I think that PATFO are just doing their due diligence to see if a sucka would pull the trigger on a easy deal. :lol But at the end of the day, this trade will be costly, and the Spurs probably won't be interested and involved. Secondly, I see a possibility were Utah can be heavy favorites in this trade since they wanted Conley in the first place during the trade deadline during the regular season. And thirdly, this article sure makes for some GOOOOD CLICK BAIT! :rollin
Yeah, Conley may help with the "staying competitive and championship aspirations," but at the same time, this team also needs to look to the future, now, with the core of youth
guards they have now as well as other incoming potential draft picks. Sounds interesting and intriguing, but I say, stay the course with the youth movement. GSG!!!

R. DeMurre
05-25-2019, 08:48 AM
I like Conley, but the last thing the Spurs need right now is a 6'1" PG making $30mil/year.

K...
05-25-2019, 09:22 AM
Trade demarr for the pick, then add Conley. That's like trading white for the 4rth pick which is fine. Memphis gets the fathead synergy we were denied last year. LeBron gets his star.

CGD
05-25-2019, 09:31 AM
These titles are so misleading. Even the Damar thing. if you link back to the “original source,” it’s just Jabari Young responding to an offpoint audience question where he states that in his opinion the only “untouchables” are White and Murray. The site that links to that statement takes the dubious step of suggesting DDR (and anyone else) is available.

What at least makes the DDR thing plausible is not the lazy, yellow journalism, but two basics realities:

1. If spurs and DDR can’t agree to an extension now, he becomes a diminishing value asset for the Spurs almost immediately (let alone dealing with Kawhi circus 2.0);

2. Lakers are desperate to add someone and the big fish seem to be linked credibly to other places. Lots of things would have to happen before the Lakers get down the list of targets, but DDR and Beal seem like good trade options for them.

cjw
05-25-2019, 10:13 AM
Only way to make numbers work without including LMA or DDR is to trade all of Bertans, Mills and Beli. I’m okay with that, although probably need a third team as we’ve seen those three guys are redundant on the same team. I’d throw in a first to get it done (probably would take more, like Walker) and then find a way to swing Murray or White for a wing.

duncan2k5
05-25-2019, 10:25 AM
LMFAO!

Nivek_ogre
05-25-2019, 11:16 AM
No to aging point guards with massive contracts.

EricB
05-25-2019, 12:23 PM
Nothing like having to go back three years for a highlight video package of a guy who’s constantly hurt.

Smh. Y'all are sleeping on Conley so bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG6PgMVi1Ys

Dex
05-25-2019, 12:25 PM
Yes, the Spurs are going to trade one of their best young assets on cheap contracts for an overpaid, injury-riddled point guard who is past his prime during a "win-later" year.

Having Conley/DeRozan/Aldridge on the books for $90M is obviously a great idea. :rolleyes

This is like the least Spurs-like move ever. Who comes up with this shit?

FkLA
05-25-2019, 12:34 PM
Nothing like having to go back three years for a highlight video package of a guy who’s constantly hurt.

Why do y'all keep spouting the same false bullshit?

He averaged a career high 21 PPG this past season. I didn't use a game from two years ago because he isn't the same player now, I used it because it was against the Spurs, in the playoffs where he went toe to toe with Nephew. He'd be a massive offensive upgrade at PG and everybody knows how much I love White. I would keep White over instgram baller though because aside from just being plain better, he'd fit much better alongside Conley since they can both take turns playing off-ball.

Always injured? He had the heel injury in 17-18 in which he only played 12 games. Other than that he's averaged about the same games played per season as Tony "Enrique" Parker and noone ever accused him of being injury prone.

Leetonidas
05-25-2019, 12:38 PM
21ppg on a trash team in 2019 is not really that impressive. Mortgaging our young players for a couple years of an aging DD/LA/Conley core seems really dumb, no offense. The Sixers had a much better younger core and couldnt even get out of the east. You really think the Spurs are going to get much further by trading 30 mil of salary for Conley while keeping DD and LA? That just guarantees us to continue being a treadmill team. 2nd round would be our ceiling

Leetonidas
05-25-2019, 12:39 PM
And I'm not hating on Conley. He's a good player. And maybe if this was the 2016 or 2017 roster I'd say hell yes. But right now spurs need to get younger instead of settling for early playoff exits.

And btw... Conley averaged 21ppg but he only shot 43% from the field and 36% from distance. Not exactly eye popping numbers on a bad team. DD posted 21/6/6 last year and we all know those numbers are hollow

Dex
05-25-2019, 12:41 PM
The numbers don't even work. Murray and White are both making ~$2M next season. To bring in Conley, the Spurs would have to send DeRozan or Aldridge out with them.

A Conley/Aldridge or Conley/DeRozan option is, at best, a lateral move...and we'd still be giving up one of our best young assets.

No thanks.

FkLA
05-25-2019, 12:53 PM
And I'm not hating on Conley. He's a good player. And maybe if this was the 2016 or 2017 roster I'd say hell yes. But right now spurs need to get younger instead of settling for early playoff exits.

And btw... Conley averaged 21ppg but he only shot 43% from the field and 36% from distance. Not exactly eye popping numbers on a bad team. DD posted 21/6/6 last year and we all know those numbers are hollow

44%

Wasn't implying that he put up out this world numbers either, I was simply stating that he isn't over the hill. He's still in his prime or very close to it. He wouldn't put up 21 PPG here (Enrique only did it once) but he's still very good.

If Durbeta bolts, the Spurs are not that far away. I don't get the conservative, long game approach when LMA is like 32 already. There were times this year, as bad as it was, when the Spurs looked like they were just a solid SF away from jumping back into contention. Gotta be aggressive, imo.

D-Robinson 50 fan
05-25-2019, 02:37 PM
Conley is a good player but he isn’t getting any younger. If the team was to trade White or Murray I would hope it’s for a younger player than Conley or coupled with something else to move up in the draft.

If Mike was getting paid a lot less he would be worth thinking about trading for but he isn’t so it’s not wise to trade solid assets for him. He isn’t enough to get us to a championship

Emperor
05-25-2019, 02:39 PM
Mills/Bertans/Beli for Conley works in the trade machine lol.

Kool Bob Love
05-25-2019, 02:39 PM
I need to get away from ST for awhile.

Get out of the house Robert.

RC_Drunkford
05-25-2019, 03:54 PM
the only way this would make a little sense is if you trade for Conley shipping out Mills/Bertans/Belinelli and keep Murray/White/Walker. Let Murray start at the 2 and let White come off the bench. I doubt that trade would ever happen, unless the Grizzlies are just looking for expiring contracts

DPG21920
05-25-2019, 04:01 PM
Im fine with SA trying to push hard to win now; they traded Kawhi for a win-now type player instead of picks and youth. However, another PG seems like a foolish way to do this. The guy they should have gone after was Otto Porter Jr. He fits well with this team.

A PG seems like a marginal upgrade even if in a bubble Conley is a very good player.