PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs FO is the laughing stock of the league.

kobe4life
05-25-2019, 01:16 PM
You can say whatever you want about the Lakers FO but Jeanie would never be stupid enough to trade away the best player in the league for a mental health patient in Derozan. Spur fans people are going to be laughing at your team for years to come. The Kawhi trade is like the gift that keeps on giving.

TheGoatishere
05-25-2019, 01:20 PM
Wrong your FO is dumbass:rollin

Being held hostage by lebron :lmao

Drafting two bums with the second pick in back to back drafts :lmao

Havent made the playoffs in six years :lmao

timvp
05-25-2019, 01:23 PM
L:lolkers

SASdynasty!
05-25-2019, 02:07 PM
Trading Kawhi, lol
Paying Mills, lol
Letting Parker walk, lol

No wonder this team hasn’t won a playoff series in years.

That said, Spurs haven’t missed the playoffs in 23 years. Lakers haven’t made the playoffs since 2012/13, when the Spurs swept them in the first round. Lol and with Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Metta World Peace, etc. What a joke.

BackHome
05-25-2019, 02:16 PM
Oh how is miss Back Door Kobe I wonder how much he had to pay not to go to jail for that anal sex with that underage kid in Colorado? Lol I remember that diamond his wife was sporting after all this came down in the news

Russ
05-25-2019, 02:48 PM
The Spurs FO is the laughing stock of the league.

Yes, that's why the Spurs always work out players they're interested in the draft.

Because the Spurs know the other GMs in the league don't care who the Spurs are working out or who they're interested in.

:lol

Poolboy5623
05-25-2019, 03:31 PM
The Spurs FO may be a joke atm...but the Lakers are #1 in that department. Theres really no argument otherwise..

Pavlov
05-25-2019, 03:43 PM
No actual Lakerfan would even try making a thread like this.

RC_Drunkford
05-25-2019, 03:46 PM
Lakers #2 pick: Lonzo Ball

Spurs #29 pick: Derrick White

Spurs without Kawhi: #7 seed

Lakers with LeBron: #11 seed

Lakerfan: Your FO is the laughing stock of the league

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

kobe4life
05-25-2019, 04:33 PM
Lakers would have finished 4th place this year in the West had Lebron not gotten hurt. His injury disrupted the Lakers momentum plus the Davis trade rumor afterwards caused chemistry problems. If the Lakers are healthy they will be top 4 in the West next season while the Spurs will be in the lottery.

Nathan89
05-25-2019, 04:38 PM
It was a terrible trade tbh. They deserve to be shamed.

Pavlov
05-25-2019, 04:41 PM
Lakers would have finished 4th place this year in the West had Lebron not gotten hurt. His injury disrupted the Lakers momentum plus the Davis trade rumor afterwards caused chemistry problems. If the Lakers are healthy they will be top 4 in the West next season while the Spurs will be in the lottery.:lol now we really know you're not a lakerfan.

dbreiden83080
05-25-2019, 05:21 PM
If Leonard is in LA next year what exactly did Raptors get out of the deal? Warriors are going to spank them if they finish off the Bucks.

TXstbobcat
05-25-2019, 05:29 PM
If Leonard is in LA next year what exactly did Raptors get out of the deal? Warriors are going to spank them if they finish off the Bucks.

the Raptors knew he would more than likely end up leaving them for LA. At that point they get to start their rebuild with the benefit of not having DeRozan’s contract on the books anymore.

JeffDuncan
05-25-2019, 05:36 PM
the Raptors knew he would more than likely end up leaving them for LA. At that point they get to start their rebuild with the benefit of not having DeRozan’s contract on the books anymore.

True, the DDR trade cleared 27.7 million of the Raps obligations. That's enough to shop seriously for another star.

What else the Raps got out of it? Fun. Something that Spursland hasn't known for a while now.

Pavlov
05-25-2019, 06:05 PM
This season was plenty of fun given the circumstances. ST posters want to feel bad.

JeffDuncan
05-25-2019, 06:29 PM
This season was plenty of fun given the circumstances. ST posters want to feel bad.

I wouldn't say plenty of fun. Starting out the season with a losing record gave no joy. Beating the Fakers 3 out of 4 was fun, tho.

The 30pt blowout losses were not fun, nor were games like losing to the Bulls at home. The Rodeo Road Trip was not fun. But after that, Derrick White's emergence and the winning streak were fun.

The way the season ended was not fun, with the way that game 7 against the Nugs went, and the earlier game where we blew two 19 pt leads and lost.

A mixed bag, but overall I'd have to call it not much fun.

Pavlov
05-25-2019, 06:38 PM
Were you expecting a championship after Murray went down?

mo7888
05-25-2019, 07:13 PM
Lakers would have finished 4th place this year in the West had Lebron not gotten hurt. His injury disrupted the Lakers momentum plus the Davis trade rumor afterwards caused chemistry problems. If the Lakers are healthy they will be top 4 in the West next season while the Spurs will be in the lottery.

Lakers were 28-27 this year when lebron played... that's a far cry from the 4th seed.

Longlonglongtimelurk
05-25-2019, 07:13 PM
I understand the frustration with Kawhi knocking on the door of the finals, but honestly the guy wanted out. Shit happens. Players move around this league all the time. Stop torturing yourselves and just let it go.. I doubt he will ring if they win tonight anyway.

sasaint
05-25-2019, 07:15 PM
“Fun” is not measured only by wins and losses. For years the Spurs entertained us with an exciting brand of team basketball. The signing of Touches signaled the end of that “fun.” Since then the team has played a brand of basketball that is not particularly fun to watch, although I continue to root for them and hope they will soon return to a style of play that is not so heavily dependent on iso-ball.

RC_Drunkford
05-25-2019, 08:14 PM

woulda coulda shoulda, if your moms had got an abortion the world would be a better place, but she didn't. Sad reality. Face it. ESPN is laughing at your FO everyday. Your AIDS infected ex-president of basketball operations just threw the entire organization under the bus on the day y'all signed Frank Vogel. Lonzo Ball is your PG. Lakers are the biggest comedy show in sports

Budkin
05-25-2019, 08:47 PM
You can say whatever you want about the Lakers FO but Jeanie would never be stupid enough to trade away the best player in the league for a mental health patient in Derozan. Spur fans people are going to be laughing at your team for years to come. The Kawhi trade is like the gift that keeps on giving.

Nope. LOLKERS

Clipper Nation
05-25-2019, 09:29 PM
Lakers would have finished 4th place this year in the West had Lebron not gotten hurt.

:lol No they wouldn't have. When LeBron got hurt, the Thunder were the 3rd seed, the Clippers were the 5th seed, the Kings were in the playoff picture and the Jazz were under .500. Clearly none of that stayed the same, so there's no reason to believe the Lakers' shitty team wouldn't have still plummeted down the standings too.

Philthemage
05-25-2019, 09:30 PM

He was given for the latter part when they still could have made a push for the playoffs. Instead he sat out like the whiny pussy he is when they couldn't trade for AD.

We woulda beat GS too in the playoffs series if it wasn't for Zaza. But we don't live in a what if world. Enjoy watching your team botch the offseason again, miss the playoffs again and taking it from behind from LeBron's antics next season.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-25-2019, 10:21 PM
The guy didn't want to play for the Spurs no more

I'm more sorry for those teams that didn't want to play ball with the Spurs when they were looking for a place to trade him. And I mean the Sixers boston, etc just to name a few. Good piece of business by Toronto who didn't hesitate to send their franchise player packing... big fucking balls because now we see the Kawhi thing paid off but it could have also gone the other way and they would be ass sorry right by now.

TheGreatYacht
05-25-2019, 10:24 PM
The guy didn't want to play for the Spurs no more

I'm more sorry for those teams that didn't want to play ball with the Spurs when they were looking for a place to trade him. And I mean the Sixers boston, etc just to name a few. Good piece of business by Toronto who didn't hesitate to send their franchise player packing... big fucking balls because now we see the Kawhi thing paid off but it could have also gone the other way and they would be ass sorry right by now.
Could have would've shouldve faggot.

They have a chance at the ring while we have DeRozan on Supermax

ShutUp SayItAgain!
05-25-2019, 10:28 PM
Idiots should have forced him to play out his contract.

Kurgan
05-25-2019, 10:30 PM

Defrozan won't be eligible for the supermax thankfully. But Pop and Buford will probably try to extend him unfortunately...probably at 30 mil per year.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-25-2019, 10:30 PM

The only thing you have is a fucking carrot in your mouth

Pavlov
05-25-2019, 10:42 PM

They have a chance at the ring while we have DeRozan on Supermax:lol you never, ever get anything factual correct beyond the blatantly obvious.

dbreiden83080
05-25-2019, 10:54 PM
Idiots should have forced him to play out his contract.

He was hiding in New York from their doctors. This dude is the ultimate traitor. Golden State is going to put him over their knees and spank him.

Wu36
05-25-2019, 10:54 PM
Op must not follow nba. Nobody is laughing.

tbdog
05-25-2019, 11:00 PM
It hurts because we made him, he worked hard, he was ours, the next best player, and he became a traitor in the worst way. He didn't even ask for a trade, but he sabotage his value. Boston, Sixers, Lakers, Clippers all offered us junk.

dbreiden83080
05-25-2019, 11:01 PM

And there was not one damn thing the spurs could have done differently given the situation that asshole put them in. You had teams that easily could use so many things against the Spurs in whatever trade negotiations took place. Questions about his health. Questions about his motivation. Questions about his free-agent status. They had almost no bargaining position whatsoever. That is all because Leonard is a fucking clown and a traitor.

dbreiden83080
05-25-2019, 11:03 PM
It hurts because we made him, he worked hard, he was ours, the next best player, and he became a traitor in the worst way. He didn't even ask for a trade, but he sabotage his value. Boston, Sixers, Lakers, Clippers all offered us junk.

I was thinking about that during the trophy presentation. This was the Spurs guy. They drafted him, believed in him when nobody else really did. With the great coaching, and leadership from our great veteran players helped to make him what he is. And he turned his back on the organization in the most disgusting way I have ever seen. It still amazes me how that played out. He’s really a scumbag.

kobe4life
05-25-2019, 11:03 PM
Op must not follow nba. Nobody is laughing.

Everybody all over the internet is laughing at how stupid the Spurs are right now. It will be even worse in 2 weeks when the Raptors win the championship. You guys gave away a free championship. Very few organizations are that stupid.

TheGreatYacht
05-25-2019, 11:07 PM
And there was not one damn thing the spurs could have done differently given the situation that asshole put them in. You had teams that easily could use so many things against the Spurs in whatever trade negotiations took place. Questions about his health. Questions about his motivation. Questions about his free-agent status. They had almost no bargaining position whatsoever. That is all because Leonard is a fucking clown and a traitor.
Could have kept him and given it one more run. He was never going to refuse to play. PATFO are just too soft to deal with something like that.

dbreiden83080
05-25-2019, 11:09 PM
Could have kept him and given it one more run. He was never going to refuse to play. PATFO are just too soft to deal with something like that.

Pop basically made this guy. Are you kidding me? Who the fuck was this guy coming out of the draft? The spurs and Pop made him. He quit on them. Don’t blame them for any of that bullshit.

dbreiden83080
05-25-2019, 11:14 PM
Everybody all over the internet is laughing at how stupid the Spurs are right now. It will be even worse in 2 weeks when the Raptors win the championship. You guys gave away a free championship. Very few organizations are that stupid.

Nobody in the organization wanted him to leave. So I have no idea what the hell you are talking about?

spursistan
05-25-2019, 11:15 PM

Pavlov
05-25-2019, 11:17 PM
Why are you people pretending to be Spurs fans?

UZER
05-25-2019, 11:18 PM
Pop basically made this guy. Are you kidding me? Who the fuck was this guy coming out of the draft? The spurs and Pop made him. He quit on them. Don’t blame them for any of that bullshit.

Yeah, Kawhi had nothing to do with how great he became. It was ALL the spurs and Pop.

spursistan
05-25-2019, 11:18 PM

Expected.

Getting clowned on twitter right now. They will never hear the end of it.

testies
05-25-2019, 11:19 PM
Its hilarious but Magic actually made better moves than RC Buford if you put it all on a scale.

UZER
05-25-2019, 11:20 PM

Expected.

Getting clowned on twitter right now. They will never hear the end of it.

So. Planets bruh...planets.

:pop:

RD2191
05-25-2019, 11:23 PM
He was hiding in New York from their doctors. This dude is the ultimate traitor. Golden State is going to put him over their knees and spank him.

Lmaoooooo. You're the faggot that has been crying about Kawhi all season. Rooting for him to fail and he keeps shitting all over you. :lmao

dbreiden83080
05-25-2019, 11:24 PM
Yeah, Kawhi had nothing to do with how great he became. It was ALL the spurs and Pop.

The spurs culture was a huge part of his development. We had Tim Duncan on this team, we had Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker on this team. He had a head coach that is one of the greatest of all time to teach him. He got to soak all of this up on great teams that were in contention, and yes got to be a part of a championship team when he was nowhere near the player that he is now. We did make him in a lot of ways. And the organization Gets a lot of credit for this guy.

RD2191
05-25-2019, 11:25 PM

Tbh

ThaBigFundamental21
I was thinking about that during the trophy presentation. This was the Spurs guy. They drafted him, believed in him when nobody else really did. With the great coaching, and leadership from our great veteran players helped to make him what he is. And he turned his back on the organization in the most disgusting way I have ever seen. It still amazes me how that played out. He’s really a scumbag.

100% exactly this.

Wu36
Strange,when ever I lookeveryone is talking shit about the Lakers. Media doesn’t acknowledge the spurs.

dbreiden83080
Lmaoooooo. You're the faggot that has been crying about Kawhi all season. Rooting for him to fail and he keeps shitting all over you. :lmao

So you are the faggot that claims to be a Spurs fan and is rooting for the ultimate spurs traitor? Forget sexual preference that just makes you fucking retarded.

RD2191
05-25-2019, 11:26 PM
So you are the faggot that claims to be a Spurs fan and is rooting for the ultimate spurs traitor? Forget sexual preference that just makes you fucking retarded.

Cry harder pussy :cry :cry

FkLA
05-25-2019, 11:27 PM
Only fools consider PATFO a laughing stock.

dbreiden83080
Cry harder pussy :cry :cry

Pussy wait I thought I was a faggot? Shouldn’t it be dick? Fucking retard.

RD2191
Only fools consider PATFO a laughing stock.

The entire NBA must be fools then tbh

cjw
05-25-2019, 11:28 PM
Defrozan won't be eligible for the supermax thankfully. But Pop and Buford will probably try to extend him unfortunately...probably at 30 mil per year.

The supermax rule only applies to players with under ten years of service. Demar was drafted in 2009 so he could get a contract at 35% of the cap without qualifying. He won’t, but he could theoretically.

The rule is there for guys with 8-9 years of service allowing them to qualify early.

RD2191
05-25-2019, 11:28 PM
Pussy wait I thought I was a faggot? Shouldn’t it be dick? Fucking retard.

5/10 mediocre joke

dbreiden83080
05-25-2019, 11:29 PM
5/10 mediocre joke

And randomly calling people faggot is a 10?

TheGreatYacht
05-25-2019, 11:33 PM
Dbreiden said, before Game 5, that he feels sorry for the team that pays Kawhi this off season :lo

That's like a burger flipper feeling bad for Klay Thompson because he's only eligible for 190M now :lol you can't pity someone who has it better than you

RD2191
05-25-2019, 11:34 PM
And randomly calling people faggot is a 10?

It's tradition tbh

dbreiden83080
05-25-2019, 11:36 PM
It's tradition tbh

So you typically equate a difference of opinion with somebody being gay? Interesting.

Wu36
05-25-2019, 11:41 PM
I’ve actually enjoyed early exitits the last two years, they were predictable and and I could get on with real life in the summer. I almost envey Lakers fans for having 6 of theses in a row.

FkLA
05-25-2019, 11:49 PM
The entire NBA must be fools then tbh

Most of the league is littered with former Spurs personnel so I doubt it, tbh.

NickiRasgo
05-25-2019, 11:51 PM
Some probably laughing to Spurs now but some probably hitting their head now for low-balling the Spurs to get Kawhi. Props to Masai for taking the risk even if Kawhi leaves this off-season, it's still worth it for them.

But sucks to be a Spurs' fan now for the last two (2) seasons.

Quantan
05-25-2019, 11:56 PM
I've seen all 5 rings. 6 Finals appearances. Whatever happens from here on out is gravy. One thing I give Ujiri is, he continued to put a competitive squad on the floor on an opportunity presented itself and went for it. Juxtapose him with someone like Sam Presti/OKC who never went for it or teams like Indiana, Portland and Utah, who never go for it regardless of how good they are, what the Spurs have accomplished is remarkable.

Manong Ginobili
05-26-2019, 12:07 AM
Frank Vogel is your new coach :rollin:rollin:rollin

kobe4life
05-26-2019, 12:13 AM
Frank Vogel is your new coach :rollin:rollin:rollin

:lol And your coach is a dumbass old fart who gave up Kawhi for trash. He basically traded a Porsche for a 2001 Honda Civic.

TheGreatYacht
05-26-2019, 12:18 AM
I see that dweeb RC has given Kori and timvp a call tonight....

RD2191
05-26-2019, 12:19 AM
:lol And your coach is a dumbass old fart who gave up Kawhi for trash. He basically traded a Porsche for a 2001 Honda Civic.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 12:25 AM

What exactly was on the table that was far superior to what they got? Do you not understand this whole thing was completely orchestrated by this asshole, and his uncle? They wanted to completely demean his trade value like this. They were hoping the Lakers or clippers would offer the spurs just enough to make a deal. So as it is they play one season in Toronto. Then he will bail. This emotionless robot doesn’t care how much love he is getting in Toronto. He is leaving.

kobe4life
05-26-2019, 12:29 AM
What exactly was on the table that was far superior to what they got? Do you not understand this whole thing was completely orchestrated by this asshole, and his uncle? They wanted to completely demean his trade value like this. They were hoping the Lakers or clippers would offer the spurs just enough to make a deal. So as it is they play one season in Toronto. Then he will bail. This emotionless robot doesn’t care how much love he is getting in Toronto. He is leaving.

He will definitely go to LA this summer regardless of whether or not the Raptors win the championship. The Spurs however were stupid by not milking him during his final year. You guys could have gotten one last championship out of him and you threw that away. You never throw away opportunities to win titles in this league.

TheGreatYacht
05-26-2019, 12:30 AM
:lol dont punch your wife tonight man. Now you're talking out of your ass like you know him just because you served him at wingstop one time

Wu36
05-26-2019, 12:30 AM
You must be really ghetto if Porsche is your high end athlete. If that’s the case Lakers ownership is an above
ground pool.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 12:33 AM
:lol dont punch your wife tonight man. Now you're talking out of your ass like you know him just because you served him at wingstop one time

By all means fill in the blanks and tell me what I am missing?

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 12:34 AM
He will definitely go to LA this summer regardless of whether or not the Raptors win the championship. The Spurs however were stupid by not milking him during his final year. You guys could have gotten one last championship out of him and you threw that away. You never throw away opportunities to win titles in this league.

Do you not remember what actually happened? He sat out the entire season. Was hiding from doctors. Hid from teammates. Refused to sit on the bench. He was not going to simply turn that around. He was going to cry and moan like a little girl the entire off-season until he was traded. And if he was not traded he was going to fake another injury.

kobe4life
05-26-2019, 12:39 AM
Do you not remember what actually happened? He sat out the entire season. Was hiding from doctors. Hid from teammates. Refused to sit on the bench. He was not going to simply turn that around. He was going to cry and moan like a little girl the entire off-season until he was traded. And if he was not traded he was going to fake another injury.

Honestly do you really think he could get away with sitting out two full seasons? That would be too risky and would hurt his value. As much as I hate the Pelicans for refusing to trade Davis to the Lakers I have to respect them because they are not letting Davis control them. Look at all the offers they are still going to get for Davis despite the antics he pulled this year. Pop and the Spurs organization was too weak and gave in when they should have fought him.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 12:40 AM

Also you have to get something back for somebody you know is absolutely leaving. If the Spurs tried to play it out, and he left anyway as a free agent, you would be the first one here screaming and yelling that the organization was incredibly stupid for not dealing him one year prior and getting something back in return. You can’t have it both ways.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 12:41 AM
Honestly do you really think he could get away with sitting out two full seasons? That would be too risky and would hurt his value. As much as I hate the Pelicans for refusing to trade Davis to the Lakers I have to respect them because they are not letting Davis control them. Look at all the offers they are still going to get for Davis despite the antics he pulled this year. Pop and the Spurs organization was too weak and gave in when they should have fought him.

What are the odds Anthony Davis at this point changes his mind? They have to trade him eventually right? They have to get something. The trade value is greatly diminished because of his demands to go to one place. But eventually they have to pull the trigger on something.

kobe4life
05-26-2019, 12:45 AM
Also you have to get something back for somebody you know is absolutely leaving. If the Spurs tried to play it out, and he left anyway as a free agent, you would be the first one here screaming and yelling that the organization was incredibly stupid for not dealing him one year prior and getting something back in return. You can’t have it both ways.

Actually I would have respected the Spurs for not giving in. Spurs are in a much better position even if he leaves you guys for nothing. You guys are now stuck with an overpaid Derozan, and an average at best center in Poetl. Derozan isn't even young so you can't build a team around him. Let's be honest was this season worth it to see the Spurs lose in the first round and then to see Kawhi win a championship? You can't be enjoying that.

I remember how angry I was when Shaq won a title in '06 despite the Lakers making the playoffs and pushing the Suns to 7 in the first round. It wasn't a fun season. So I know what Spur fans are going through right now.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 12:50 AM
Actually I would have respected the Spurs for not giving in. Spurs are in a much better position even if he leaves you guys for nothing. You guys are now stuck with an overpaid Derozan, and an average at best center in Poetl. Derozan isn't even young so you can't build a team around him. Let's be honest was this season worth it to see the Spurs lose in the first round and then to see Kawhi win a championship? You can't be enjoying that.

I remember how angry I was when Shaq won a title in '06 despite the Lakers making the playoffs and pushing the Suns to 7 in the first round. It wasn't a fun season. So I know what Spur fans are going through right now.

Considering the spurs have a history of always drafting extremely well, I think they are sitting in a very good position right now. They already had somebody step up this season and play way above expectations who they drafted. So they got something back of value who is overpaid for now. OK. But they are going to draft more players this year and bring them in on small contracts. This to me is still the best organization in sports. They have proven that over and over. They know exactly what they are doing. Small-market teams don’t just win five NBA championships. Tim Duncan as great as he was had an amazing organization consistently drafting well, and putting the right pieces around Him.. Leonard was somebody the spurs believed in. Nobody else really did.. Nobody really even knew who the hell he was. And he helped win another championship very late in the career of Duncan. The spurs will be in the mix again next season in the Western Conference. And I fully expect whoever they draft is going to be a very good player in the NBA.

kobe4life
05-26-2019, 12:58 AM
Considering the spurs have a history of always drafting extremely well, I think they are sitting in a very good position right now. They already had somebody step up this season and play way above expectations who they drafted. So they got something back of value who is overpaid for now. OK. But they are going to draft more players this year and bring them in on small contracts. This to me is still the best organization in sports. They have proven that over and over. They know exactly what they are doing. Small-market teams don’t just win five NBA championships. Tim Duncan as great as he was had an amazing organization consistently drafting well, and putting the right pieces around Him.. The spurs will be in the mix again next season in the Western Conference. And I fully expect whoever they draft is going to be a very good player in the NBA.

So let's say the Spurs are really good at drafting then wouldn't they have been better off with a lottery pick this year which would have resulted had Kawhi sat out another year? They would have gotten a lottery pick and wouldn't had to deal with seeing Kawhi win a championship at their expense. Sounds like a win win to me for the organization and fan morale.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 01:03 AM
So let's say the Spurs are really good at drafting then wouldn't they have been better off with a lottery pick this year which would have resulted had Kawhi sat out another year? They would have gotten a lottery pick and wouldn't had to deal with seeing Kawhi win a championship at their expense. Sounds like a win win to me for the organization and fan morale.

When you consistently make the playoffs for 22 straight seasons obviously you would like to get something back of value now. Get somebody back that is a win now player. They are not in total rebuilding mode. Honestly they had a pretty good season overall. You can rebuild to an extent, while still playing at a reasonably high-level. The best organizations do that. And they are one of them.

TDMVPDPOY
05-26-2019, 01:08 AM

why did the spurs went and kowtow lma cause he wasnt happy about touches and possibility of wanting out? yet they extended him

then u have the 2 corpses of turnoboli and enrique who were on their way out anyway, shouldve just kept kawhi for one more season and see how it goes... then again with management we all know they will try to bring them vets back for no apparent reason

kobe4life
05-26-2019, 01:11 AM
When you consistently make the playoffs for 22 straight seasons obviously you would like to get something back of value now. Get somebody back that is a win now player. They are not in total rebuilding mode. Honestly they had a pretty good season overall. You can rebuild to an extent, while still playing at a reasonably high-level. The best organizations do that. And they are one of them.

Going to the playoffs doesn't mean shit when at best your are going to always be a 6-8 seed. I dealt with that during the '04-'07 years with the Lakers. The Lakers were never going to win shit until they lucked out with Gasol. The Spurs are going to be in that situation but I don't see a Gasol like trade happening for you guys. You pretty much traded Kawhi for years of being a medicore first round team. Not a good trade off to me.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 01:15 AM
Going to the playoffs doesn't mean shit when at best your are going to always be a 6-8 seed. I dealt with that during the '04-'07 years with the Lakers. The Lakers were never going to win shit until they lucked out with Gasol. The Spurs are going to be in that situation but I don't see a Gasol like trade happening for you guys. You pretty much traded Kawhi for years of being a medicore first round team. Not a good trade off to me.

Well considering that Anthony Davis who some people are still shitting themselves over in terms of getting on their team, never makes the playoffs I would say making the playoffs is still an achievement.. And when a top-five player bitches out on you one season prior. Making the playoffs and going seven games in the first round. Pretty good.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 01:19 AM
why did the spurs went and kowtow lma cause he wasnt happy about touches and possibility of wanting out? yet they extended him

then u have the 2 corpses of turnoboli and enrique who were on their way out anyway, shouldve just kept kawhi for one more season and see how it goes... then again with management we all know they will try to bring them vets back for no apparent reason

Because the spurs as they proved this season, and last season are still intelligent enough to hang onto win now players while drafting incredibly well. We have a potential all star coming back from injury. We developed another potential all star who replaced him. You get it?

Arcadian
05-26-2019, 01:20 AM
Well, at least we didn't lose anything in Danny Green. He still sucks :lol

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 01:25 AM
Well, at least we didn't lose anything in Danny Green. He still sucks :lol

Fucking awful holy God. How the fuck is he still starting? You could literally leave him wide open 10 times and he probably misses all 10 shots.

kobe4life
05-26-2019, 01:26 AM
Well considering that Anthony Davis who some people are still shitting themselves over in terms of getting on their team, never makes the playoffs I would say making the playoffs is still an achievement.. And when a top-five player bitches out on you one season prior. Making the playoffs and going seven games in the first round. Pretty good.

:lol So trading arguably the best player for a first round exit was a win win while Kawhi wins a title in Toronto. That's horrible trade off. Again you guys would have looked better by just letting him walk while getting nothing.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 01:29 AM
:lol So trading arguably the best player for a first round exit was a win win while Kawhi wins a title in Toronto. That's horrible trade off. Again you guys would have looked better by just letting him walk while getting nothing.

Dude he’s not going to win jack shit. This series is going to be a complete domination for the Warriors. That dynasty is not going anywhere. How the hell is Toronto supposed to match up with them? Leonard can dominate but why would that matter? They have way too many weapons. Kevin can sit the entire series and they are still going to walk to victory. Then Leonard will leave in free agency. Toronto will be left with nothing.

james evans
05-26-2019, 01:30 AM
Goddamn. I can’t believe I’m agreeing with a fucking laker fan.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 01:31 AM
Goddamn. I can’t believe I’m agreeing with a fucking laker fan.

You actually believe the raptors are going to beat the Warriors? That weed you’re smoking. Please save me some.

kobe4life
05-26-2019, 01:35 AM
Dude he’s not going to win jack shit. This series is going to be a complete domination for the Warriors. That dynasty is not going anywhere. How the hell is Toronto supposed to match up with them? Leonard can dominate but why would that matter? They have way too many weapons. Kevin can sit the entire series and they are still going to walk to victory. Then Leonard will leave in free agency. Toronto will be left with nothing.

Durant's injury is a mystery. I have heard reports that at best he won't be back until game 4. In that scenario I have the Raptors winning the series in 6. Also there is no way the Warriors can beat the Raptors without Durant. All the Raptors would have to do is have Kawhi lock down Klay and the series is over. Curry could score 50 every game and they still lose if Klay is locked up.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 01:37 AM
Durant's injury is a mystery. I have heard reports that at best he won't be back until game 4. In that scenario I have the Raptors winning the series in 6. Also there is no way the Warriors can beat the Raptors without Durant. All the Raptors would have to do is have Kawhi lock down Klay and the series is over. Curry could score 50 every game and they still lose if Klay is locked up.

The ball movement, the chemistry, the championship experience, they’re going to walk to victory. It’s not going to be close. Leonard is the only great player on that team. The rest of them will play like dog shit in the finals. You got a bunch of chokers on that fucking squad.

james evans
05-26-2019, 01:45 AM
You actually believe the raptors are going to beat the Warriors? That weed you’re smoking. Please save me some.
No. But I don’t believe trading Kawhi for Depression was the right thing to do.

Pavlov
05-26-2019, 01:45 AM
Going to the playoffs doesn't mean shit when at best your are going to always be a 6-8 seed. I dealt with that during the '04-'07 years with the Lakers. The Lakers were never going to win shit until they lucked out with Gasol. The Spurs are going to be in that situation but I don't see a Gasol like trade happening for you guys. You pretty much traded Kawhi for years of being a medicore first round team. Not a good trade off to me.lol lakerfan still bowing up for no reason whatsoever

kobe4life
05-26-2019, 01:46 AM
The ball movement, the chemistry, the championship experience, they’re going to walk to victory. It’s not going to be close. Leonard is the only great player on that team. The rest of them will play like dog shit in the finals. You got a bunch of chokers on that fucking squad.

Kawhi,Siakam,Lowry>Klay,Dray,Curry. The Raptors big 3 or better than the Warriors big 3. If you add Durant then the advantage goes back to the Warriors.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 02:00 AM
Kawhi,Siakam,Lowry>Klay,Dray,Curry. The Raptors big 3 or better than the Warriors big 3. If you add Durant then the advantage goes back to the Warriors.

Giannis Did not have one signature dominant performance in the entire series. Nobody else for The Bucks was dominant in the series. They were up 2-0. They easily could have won game five. They should have won tonight. They had a 14 point lead in the second half. Golden State is going to smash Toronto..

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 02:04 AM
No. But I don’t believe trading Kawhi for Depression was the right thing to do.

It was basically that or nothing. Anybody blaming the Spurs organization is simply kidding themselves. The position they were in was an impossible position. This asshole and his uncle completely derailed his value. Anyone you were negotiating with was not offering anything significant. Why would they? He sat out an entire season pretending he was injured. But that is not a negotiating position the spurs can take. You can’t tell people he was only pretending. The suitors take it serious. And they offer you junk in return.

dg7md
05-26-2019, 02:17 AM
Lakers traded Shaq tbh...

But yeah, Spurs FO looks awful as per par.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-26-2019, 02:41 AM
Lakers traded Shaq tbh...

But yeah, Spurs FO looks awful as per par.

And won multiple championships as Shaq fell off a cliff after 2006.

kobe4life
05-26-2019, 03:01 AM
And won multiple championships as Shaq fell off a cliff after 2006.

To be fair we lucked out with the Grizzlies being stupid enough to give us Pau for basically nothing. If that doesn't happen then the Lakers look like idiots forever for giving up Shaq for multiple first round exits while the Heat were contending for titles. Spurs are currently in the same situation the Lakers were in from '04-'07 but you guys got a poor mans Kobe in Demar and no hope of adding another superstar.

testies
05-26-2019, 03:03 AM
To be fair we lucked out with the Grizzlies being stupid enough to give us Pau for basically nothing. If that doesn't happen then the Lakers look like idiots forever for giving up Shaq for multiple first round exits while the Heat were contending for titles. Spurs are currently in the same situation the Lakers were in from '04-'07 but you guys got a poor mans Kobe in Demar and no hope of adding another superstar.

We are astronomically worse... small market, low income fanbase with a lot of medical bills to pay. Spurs fans better start learning mandarin, because in 10 years the franchise will be in seattle

kobe4life
05-26-2019, 03:04 AM
We are astronomically worse... small market, low income fanbase with a lot of medical bills to pay. Spurs fans better start learning mandarin, because in 10 years the franchise will be in seattle
That's what I was implying when I said Demar is a poor man's Kobe.

james evans
05-26-2019, 04:05 AM
It was basically that or nothing. Anybody blaming the Spurs organization is simply kidding themselves. The position they were in was an impossible position. This asshole and his uncle completely derailed his value. Anyone you were negotiating with was not offering anything significant. Why would they? He sat out an entire season pretending he was injured. But that is not a negotiating position the spurs can take. You can’t tell people he was only pretending. The suitors take it serious. And they offer you junk in return.
Trade Leonard for a future first round pick(to a garbage team that would have been lottery bound regardless of him playing there this season), Trade aldridge for a first round this year. Tank, and we would have been guaranteed 3 LOTTERY PICKS. But nah, first round exits are cool.. I mean, you guys acting like we're too good for tanking are forgetting 1997. I'd rather have 1 year of misery and the next 10-12 of enjoyment than 10 years of mediocrity. But popovich's selfishness on not wanting to break his playoff streak is gonna leave us in shambles for YEARS after he' retires. And then he gets to sit back while everyone says, "see, the spurs suck without Popovich".

james evans
05-26-2019, 04:09 AM
a goddamn laker fan that we can have a conversation with and tells the truth. Where the hell have you been?

tbdog
05-26-2019, 04:49 AM
Trade Leonard for a future first round pick(to a garbage team that would have been lottery bound regardless of him playing there this season), Trade aldridge for a first round this year. Tank, and we would have been guaranteed 3 LOTTERY PICKS. But nah, first round exits are cool.. I mean, you guys acting like we're too good for tanking are forgetting 1997. I'd rather have 1 year of misery and the next 10-12 of enjoyment than 10 years of mediocrity. But popovich's selfishness on not wanting to break his playoff streak is gonna leave us in shambles for YEARS after he' retires. And then he gets to sit back while everyone says, "see, the spurs suck without Popovich".

Take a look at the Sixers. They were the laughing stock of the NBA. Worst regular season team ever. Longest losing streak ever. In 2014, they got Embid at number 3. He was going number 1 before his injury. 2015, they got Okafor at 3. 2016, Simmons at 1. 2017, Fultz at 1. 2018, Bridges at 10. The outcome: They have won 2 series and could very well losing Butler or Harris, or both.

RC_Drunkford
05-26-2019, 09:24 AM

https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/KAjbl/s1/like-the-la-lakers-youll-love-this-bmw-isetta.jpg

duncan2k5
05-26-2019, 09:33 AM
Take a look at the Sixers. They were the laughing stock of the NBA. Worst regular season team ever. Longest losing streak ever. In 2014, they got Embid at number 3. He was going number 1 before his injury. 2015, they got Okafor at 3. 2016, Simmons at 1. 2017, Fultz at 1. 2018, Bridges at 10. The outcome: They have won 2 series and could very well losing Butler or Harris, or both.

Or look at the Spurs... Tim Duncan... Winningest franchise in the past twenty years

John B
05-26-2019, 11:11 AM
Kawhi was already leaving. But the PATFO could’ve have demanded more and Siakam would’ve made it an easier pill to follow and enough to get Spurs pass the 1st round. Still the buttjoke is still the Lakers, especially if ringchasers instead follow 2way Kawhi in Toronto and Lakers are stuck with aging GM Lebron.

kobe4life
05-26-2019, 11:18 AM
Kawhi was already leaving. But the PATFO could’ve have demanded more and Siakam would’ve made it an easier pill to follow and enough to get Spurs pass the 1st round. Still the buttjoke is still the Lakers, especially if ringchasers instead follow 2way Kawhi in Toronto and Lakers are stuck with aging GM Lebron.

You guys are going to be a joke for very longtime until you lucked out again and get another top 3 player but that could be another 30-40 years. Le'ts be real the Kawhi trade is going to be up there with the Jabbar trade. You traded the best player in the league for trash while he's going to win a title immediately with the Raptors. To some degree it's even worse than the Bucks trading Jabbar because even with Jabbar the Lakers had no success until they got Magic.

DPG21920
05-26-2019, 11:20 AM
You guys are going to be a joke for very longtime until you lucked out again and get another top 3 player but that could be another 30-40 years. Le'ts be real the Kawhi trade is going to be up there with the Jabbar trade. You traded the best player in the league for trash while he's going to win a title immediately with the Raptors. To some degree it's even worse than the Bucks trading Jabbar because even with Jabbar the Lakers had no success until they got Magic.

$1000 bet on Kawhi winning it all this year? If you really believe what you post put up that $

kobe4life
05-26-2019, 11:34 AM

That's why I said earlier I don't mind having Vogel while you guys have this angry grumpy old fart. This league is not really based on coaching but is 95 percent players and 5 percent comes down coaching which mainly deals with substitutions and match ups. So when the Lakers hire clowns like Vogel or consider Lue it doesn't bother me because I know at the end of the day these guys ultimately are not going to determine how successful the team is. It's going to come down to the players. Look at the current success of the Raptors. Nurse is a joke but it doesn't matter because he has the best player in the league.

The problem with Pop is he wants to take away from the success of the players and get all the credit. I think that sours a lot of these guys. Even this year I would say it's not amazing the Spurs went to the playoffs considering Lamarcus and Derozan are all-star caliber players. Pop still gets all the credit with the media saying this his greatest coaching job ever. Imagine being a player and knowing no matter how great you are that the media is going to say you are only great because of Pop. Pop is an egotistical prick that lives for all of this.

John B
05-26-2019, 11:35 AM
$1000 bet on Kawhi winning it all this year? If you really believe what you post put up that $
:rollin There you go. Put out or shut up Kobe4life

DJR210
05-26-2019, 11:38 AM
:rollin There you go. Put out or shut up Kobe4life

"Put out" means sex, no?

DPG21920
05-26-2019, 11:40 AM
"Put out" means sex, no?

If he takes the bet he will end up f*cked tbh

Barfunk
05-26-2019, 11:42 AM
Small-market teams don’t just win five NBA championships. Tim Duncan as great as he was had an amazing organization consistently drafting well, and putting the right pieces around Him.. Leonard was somebody the spurs believed in. Nobody else really did.. Nobody really even knew who the hell he was. And he helped win another championship very late in the career of Duncan. The spurs will be in the mix again next season in the Western Conference.

And Bingo was his name-o :toast

John B
05-26-2019, 11:43 AM
:lmao

DeadlyDynasty
05-26-2019, 11:44 AM
MP, the goods...

DPG21920
05-26-2019, 11:45 AM
I knew it :lol

DeadlyDynasty
05-26-2019, 11:46 AM
$1000 bet on Kawhi winning it all this year?
hmmmmmmmm

DPG21920
05-26-2019, 11:48 AM
You know I’m game

DeadlyDynasty
05-26-2019, 11:51 AM
You know I’m game
Sure why not...no injury disclaimers, Raps ring I win, GSW 3-peats you win.

DJR210
05-26-2019, 11:52 AM

DPG21920
05-26-2019, 11:57 AM
Sure why not...no injury disclaimers, Raps ring I win, GSW 3-peats you win.

You got yourself a friendly 1K deal. If I’m going to get ultra daggered by Kawhi I’m glad it’s you.

John B
05-26-2019, 11:59 AM
Dang I hate Kawhi, but if he could stop MVP Greek Freak, what would he do with dribble loving 6’3”?

MultiTroll
05-26-2019, 12:07 PM
"Laughing stock?" Hardly. Not with 22 years of playoffs.

But ya, Popped post '14 is like the senile old man at family gatherings. No one critizes him when he goes off on tangents because everyone knows his dementia has him spouting gibberish. He thinks he's cock of the walk because of his previous Duncan and Co coat tailing.

FkLA
05-26-2019, 12:28 PM
Is it just me or does DPG take DD's money almost every year? That's an easy 1k, tbh.

K...
05-26-2019, 01:10 PM
The spurs fans and the Lakers fans should commiserate. Both teams sacrificed long term upside for near term entertainment with flawed players.

I think even if Kawhi is healthy he's still a dubious teammate and not coachable. going Mute will long term kill your franchise. Kobe rubbed people the wrong way too but was good enough to win 2 before the dysfunction overcame the Lakers.

The modern league depends on superteams: who is going to want to play with mute cancer knowing uncle is watching you?

DPG21920
05-26-2019, 02:05 PM
Is it just me or does DPG take DD's money almost every year? That's an easy 1k, tbh.

He’s gotten me before. Honestly without KD it’s a close call.

SpursFamo
05-26-2019, 02:19 PM
I was already laughing last year on how fucking fleeced the Spurs FO got, it only took 6months to confirm what I saw coming lol

kobe4life
05-26-2019, 02:31 PM
The spurs fans and the Lakers fans should commiserate. Both teams sacrificed long term upside for near term entertainment with flawed players.

I think even if Kawhi is healthy he's still a dubious teammate and not coachable. going Mute will long term kill your franchise. Kobe rubbed people the wrong way too but was good enough to win 2 before the dysfunction overcame the Lakers.

The modern league depends on superteams: who is going to want to play with mute cancer knowing uncle is watching you?

It's why I believe the Lakers will be back before the Spurs will be.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 03:11 PM

Not until Jeanie the Twit sells the team. Linda Rambis is making GM moves while they have Brunch..

tbdog
05-26-2019, 06:25 PM
Or look at the Spurs... Tim Duncan... Winningest franchise in the past twenty years

One tank job after Robinson and Elliot were on the team, out for the season. It wasn't a gut the roster job and play for the ping bong balls. They were still on the roster. And what would happen if the ping bong balls dropped by just one? You know who the second pick was, right? Keith Van Horn.

cpds421
05-26-2019, 06:41 PM

It’s just pathetic how the LA fans were calling Kobe out when LeBron was shooting a free throw. Lakers are an embarrassment in pro sports right now.

Spurs haven’t missed the playoffs in 21 years.

Rosewood
05-26-2019, 06:46 PM
One tank job after Robinson and Elliot were on the team, out for the season. It wasn't a gut the roster job and play for the ping bong balls. They were still on the roster. And what would happen if the ping bong balls dropped by just one? You know who the second pick was, right? Keith Van Horn. damn. true shit.

kobe4life
05-26-2019, 06:58 PM
It’s just pathetic how the LA fans were calling Kobe out when LeBron was shooting a free throw. Lakers are an embarrassment in pro sports right now.

Spurs haven’t missed the playoffs in 21 years.

Lebron is seen as a mercenary and will always get that treatment from LA fans. It's just how it is.

Manong Ginobili
05-26-2019, 07:37 PM

With LeBron, you couldn't even sniff the playoffs in a WEAK WEST :rollin

Are we going to list down all the dumb moves the lakers have done since 2010? :rollin

"DET CORE" :rollin

exstatic
05-26-2019, 08:53 PM
Lebron is seen as a mercenary and will always get that treatment from LA fans. It's just how it is.

How the fuck else do you think you put together a super team, other than with mercs? And wouldn’t Kawhi be a merc, too?

kobe4life
05-26-2019, 08:59 PM
How the fuck else do you think you put together a super team, other than with mercs? And wouldn’t Kawhi be a merc, too?

Kawhi grew up in Southern California so he would be seen as a hometown kid coming back home. Kawhi also idolized Kobe so that's going to make him even more popular with the fans than Lebron.

B1gduff
05-26-2019, 09:44 PM
eh, i think this post is the laughing stock of the world and the Laker's F.O is the laughing stock of the nba.

apalisoc_9
05-26-2019, 09:54 PM
Not a fair value bet.

Should be 800 to win 1k for DD and 1k to win 800 for DPG.

Raps clear undersogs here

AchillesHeel
05-27-2019, 08:13 AM

Harry Callahan
05-27-2019, 08:47 AM

I'm laughing too. The lakers have missed the playoffs more in the last 5 years than the Spurs have in their entire NBA History 43 or 44 years. I wonder if Time Warner or whoever owns the lakers local TV package regrets that move? Tens of Millions of dollars per year for second rate basketball.

Harry Callahan
05-27-2019, 08:50 AM
The Lakers have never really developed their own team. They steal superstars from small market teams or make lopsided trades when players force their way out of another situation.

When you screw people over for 50+ years and brag about it - people will eventually wise up and not do business with you. Lakers will have to dig themselves out of their mess and I dont' see that happening any time soon. Their player development sucks.

Killakobe81
05-27-2019, 09:14 AM

This is what i have been arguing since the trade and of course we are in worse Shar pe right now.

To be close, Tim Duncan would have to come out of retirement calling RC a drunk snake and imply the Holts are to confused to run the Spurs...

None of that changes Spurs/PATFO panicked and got a bad return...add Siakm and maybe ask for a pick swap post Kawhi?!

rascal
05-27-2019, 09:17 AM
The Lakers have never really developed their own team. They steal superstars from small market teams or make lopsided trades when players force their way out of another situation.

When you screw people over for 50+ years and brag about it - people will eventually wise up and not do business with you. Lakers will have to dig themselves out of their mess and I dont' see that happening any time soon. Their player development sucks.

Divac for Kobe.

TheCerebral1
05-27-2019, 10:04 AM
The Eastern Conference is as weak it has ever been. I'm sorry, but in all actuality at least 4 teams in the West would have routed Toronto in a playoff series. I'm not saying they'll be swept, however it will be close. In addition, Kawhi got butt hurt over protocol, when Tim Duncan, and others who have dealt with injuries never raised an eyebrow. The man is soft gutless bitch.

DPG21920
05-27-2019, 10:23 AM
Not a fair value bet.

Should be 800 to win 1k for DD and 1k to win 800 for DPG.

Raps clear undersogs here

You want in on this bet too Raptor fan?

daslicer
05-27-2019, 10:31 AM
You want in on this bet too Raptor fan?

:lol He'll be a Clipper fan in about about little over a month.

johnnymoore
05-27-2019, 11:59 AM
I'm laughing too. The lakers have missed the playoffs more in the last 5 years than the Spurs have in their entire NBA History 43 or 44 years. I wonder if Time Warner or whoever owns the lakers local TV package regrets that move? Tens of Millions of dollars per year for second rate basketball.

Lakers TV viewership rose 31% this year, they are number 1 in merchandise sales and net revenue (profit) will be close to $200 million. Plus they have a ton of cap space along with the #4 pick in the draft.

With Durant, Leonard, Irving, Butler, Davis, Beal, Thompson, Walker & Middleton either being FAs or on the trade market, they'll get at least one of those guys this summer - and likely two if they're willing to move the lotto pick and Ingram.

Time Warner is probably feeling pretty good about having the Lakers locked in for another 15 seasons.

johnnymoore
05-27-2019, 12:14 PM
One tank job after Robinson and Elliot were on the team, out for the season. It wasn't a gut the roster job and play for the ping bong balls. They were still on the roster. And what would happen if the ping bong balls dropped by just one? You know who the second pick was, right? Keith Van Horn.

This.

PATFO has done a great job over the past 20 years, but if DRob doesn't get hurt or if the lottery had turned out differently, the Spurs of 1999-2019 would've been like the Spurs of 1977-97: solid playoff teams that could never get past the Lakers. Kenon-Gervin then Gervin-Gilmore-Mitchell Spurs with Johnny Moore were great teams . . . but not great enough. DRob-Rodman-Ellis then DRob-Avery-Elliott teams were excellent . . . but couldn't get over the hump.

It was the luck of the draw that made for the past 20 years. It was not organic, it was providential.

Capt Bringdown
05-27-2019, 12:31 PM
The Spurs look ‘very bad’ after Kawhi takes the Raptors to the NBA Finals – Stephen A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utx1Op_2kXA

BackHome
05-27-2019, 12:59 PM
Spurs will only look bad if KY stays in Toronto

Harry Callahan
05-27-2019, 01:02 PM
Lakers TV viewership rose 31% this year, they are number 1 in merchandise sales and net revenue (profit) will be close to $200 million. Plus they have a ton of cap space along with the #4 pick in the draft.

With Durant, Leonard, Irving, Butler, Davis, Beal, Thompson, Walker & Middleton either being FAs or on the trade market, they'll get at least one of those guys this summer - and likely two if they're willing to move the lotto pick and Ingram.

Time Warner is probably feeling pretty good about having the Lakers locked in for another 15 seasons.

And yet they have missed the playoffs the last six years. Perhaps that tells you Laker "fans" are stupid with that kind of mediocrity. That is an indictment on you. How are Magic and Rob workin out for you? Well I hope.

So johnnymore is a Lakers fan, huh? Just a troll alt. Whatever. Cap space and net profit do not pick players. You have the retarded remnants of the Buss family running things with Kurt Rambis, his wife, and Rob P - I heard RP the head of the basketball operations is the most despised person in the ENTIRE NBA right now.

sammy
05-28-2019, 03:23 PM

Shut up! You're an idiot! Worry about your own crappy team that is dysfunctional as no one wants to play for the Fakers! GTFO!

Thomas82
05-28-2019, 03:39 PM

lmbebo
05-28-2019, 03:49 PM
I don't believe the Spurs F'd this up, somehwere along the line something happened, but it may have happened on purpose of Kwahi's camp. Tired of media painting this like the Spurs orchestrated this all.

TimDunkem
05-28-2019, 03:54 PM
Had capspace and decided to surround him with Mills/Gasol/Gay, misdiagnosed him, tried to force him to play, sent out goons to discredit him in the media, didn't offer him the supermax, etc.

What a fuck up.

UncleDennis
05-28-2019, 04:16 PM
The Spurs look ‘very bad’ after Kawhi takes the Raptors to the NBA Finals – Stephen A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utx1Op_2kXA

Stephen A had been one of the loudest voices on TV telling the world Kawhi was gone no matter what, that the riverwalk wasn't big enough for him, etc etc...it seems he has altered his opinion already.

I think this series is going to be a lot closer then most people think and it wouldn't shock me if the Raptors pulled the upset. The word is Durant isn't even going to play and hasn't even started playing again. In 2017 I thought the Spurs could beat GSW even with Durant because of how good Kawhi was/is. The Warriors had an easy run this year, the Raps have been tested every game after the first round.

The raps just have a good mix of guys to make it a series, outside of Kawhi obviously GS still has the superior overall talent but the Raps have athletes like Siakem and Powel, they have length in Green, Kawhi, Siakem, Ibaka, a legit large big that Draymond or whoever will spend a lot of energy on in Gasol and they may have to do it without the gravity of Kevin Durant.

TDomination
05-28-2019, 04:53 PM
Stephen A had been one of the loudest voices on TV telling the world Kawhi was gone no matter what, that the riverwalk wasn't big enough for him, etc etc...it seems he has altered his opinion already.

I think this series is going to be a lot closer then most people think and it wouldn't shock me if the Raptors pulled the upset. The word is Durant isn't even going to play and hasn't even started playing again. In 2017 I thought the Spurs could beat GSW even with Durant because of how good Kawhi was/is. The Warriors had an easy run this year, the Raps have been tested every game after the first round.

The raps just have a good mix of guys to make it a series, outside of Kawhi obviously GS still has the superior overall talent but the Raps have athletes like Siakem and Powel, they have length in Green, Kawhi, Siakem, Ibaka, a legit large big that Draymond or whoever will spend a lot of energy on in Gasol and they may have to do it without the gravity of Kevin Durant.

Kawhi and Danny Green were always great against Golden State for us. We always played Golden State really well. I truly believe we win the WCF in 2017 if the injury doesn't happen.

So with that said, i believe the Raptors will win this series. The Raptors will be the best defensive team the Warriors will have faced since the 2017 spurs imo.

RC_Drunkford
05-28-2019, 08:30 PM
Let's get back to the original topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUiPbEqQNUE&t=316s

you sure it's the Spurs, cause I could swear it were the Lakers. This ain't even 20% of what came out TODAY. And they in the news EVERYDAY :lmao:lmao:lmao

UncleDennis
05-29-2019, 10:56 AM
Kawhi and Danny Green were always great against Golden State for us. We always played Golden State really well. I truly believe we win the WCF in 2017 if the injury doesn't happen.

So with that said, i believe the Raptors will win this series. The Raptors will be the best defensive team the Warriors will have faced since the 2017 spurs imo.

Agree'd. The hate for KL has really blinded most on here, just can't admit to the fact that a few years back as flawed as a team Kawhi may have had or didn't have around him(depending on who you ask) he was the key reason the Spurs always had at least a chance to beat the champs. It's understandable to hate the guy but it's not realistic to think some karmic revenge is going to sap him, monstars style or some shit.

cjw
05-29-2019, 11:08 AM
Had capspace and decided to surround him with Mills/Gasol/Gay, misdiagnosed him, tried to force him to play, sent out goons to discredit him in the media, didn't offer him the supermax, etc.

What a fuck up.

Can you please remind me of when they had significant cap space? The only summer they had cap space was when they signed Aldridge, and you make that signing 100x out of 100. Kawhi did take a risk by waiting to sign the extension and did good by the team for that, allowing for Aldridge to sign.

The first year Gasol signing wasn’t the problem. They used most of their space to sign him, but had a hole in the roster with Duncan retiring. The problem was resigning him after he opted out, but that was only after striking out on other FAs. At that point, there weren’t many other alternatives as they had his cap hold and it was going to be very hard to create commensurate space.

Mills and Gasol’s deals were inexcusable at the dollar levels we saw. But it’s not like they had choices of other guys to spend that money on. That’s not how the cap works.

duncan2k5
05-29-2019, 11:13 AM
That's why I said earlier I don't mind having Vogel while you guys have this angry grumpy old fart. This league is not really based on coaching but is 95 percent players and 5 percent comes down coaching which mainly deals with substitutions and match ups. So when the Lakers hire clowns like Vogel or consider Lue it doesn't bother me because I know at the end of the day these guys ultimately are not going to determine how successful the team is. It's going to come down to the players. Look at the current success of the Raptors. Nurse is a joke but it doesn't matter because he has the best player in the league.

The problem with Pop is he wants to take away from the success of the players and get all the credit. I think that sours a lot of these guys. Even this year I would say it's not amazing the Spurs went to the playoffs considering Lamarcus and Derozan are all-star caliber players. Pop still gets all the credit with the media saying this his greatest coaching job ever. Imagine being a player and knowing no matter how great you are that the media is going to say you are only great because of Pop. Pop is an egotistical prick that lives for all of this.

I've been saying this... Ppl act like pop is doing so much with so little... Clippers made the playoffs with NO all stars... Nuggets were the second seed in the west with one all star

duncan2k5
05-29-2019, 11:16 AM

But it didn't drop by one... We talked that season... Make no mistake about it... It was obvious... And we were rewarded with the best franchise is American sports history in terms of winning percentage

duncan2k5
05-29-2019, 11:19 AM
Kawhi grew up in Southern California so he would be seen as a hometown kid coming back home. Kawhi also idolized Kobe so that's going to make him even more popular with the fans than Lebron.

No he didn't idolize Kobe... He was an Iverson fan

Russ
05-29-2019, 11:23 AM
But it didn't drop by one... We talked that season... Make no mistake about it... It was obvious... And we were rewarded with the best franchise is American sports history in terms of winning percentage

And some have been talking ever since . . .

ceperez
05-29-2019, 11:31 AM
Can you please remind me of when they had significant cap space? The only summer they had cap space was when they signed Aldridge, and you make that signing 100x out of 100. Kawhi did take a risk by waiting to sign the extension and did good by the team for that, allowing for Aldridge to sign.

The first year Gasol signing wasn’t the problem. They used most of their space to sign him, but had a hole in the roster with Duncan retiring. The problem was resigning him after he opted out, but that was only after striking out on other FAs. At that point, there weren’t many other alternatives as they had his cap hold and it was going to be very hard to create commensurate space.

Mills and Gasol’s deals were inexcusable at the dollar levels we saw. But it’s not like they had choices of other guys to spend that money on. That’s not how the cap works.

Good explanation.

snickles
05-29-2019, 11:44 AM
shaq and odem said hi.

itzsoweezee
05-29-2019, 12:57 PM

Regardless of capspace, the front office completely fucked up any kind of flexibility it might have had with those stupid deals.

And to add on DeRozan's horrible contract and trade away Danny's expiring contract is just plain incompetence.

AchillesHeel
05-31-2019, 03:32 AM

So the Spurs didn't win a championship thanks to the Hill trade?

Anyways, I'll always hold it against Pop for not giving Kawhi the reigns and siding with TOSB Manu & Porker.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-31-2019, 04:18 AM
shaq and odem said hi.

Metta World Peace is holding the phone.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-31-2019, 04:29 AM
Whatever.

The FO probably could have done a better job with Kawhi in certain respects. I’ve seen everyone in the Toronto organization line up to lick his nutsack. I guess the Spurs should have done that, not questioned him at all about his injury, and thrown a Supermax contract at his feet after playing only seven games.

Imagine had the Spurs tied up 40% of their cap on a guy who possibly wouldn’t play at the same level as he did pre-injury? The organization would have been sunk. The Spurs, IMO, we’re trying to be conservative with the cap, probably questioned his injury, and didn’t kiss enough ass by today’s superstar standards. Shit happens. Spurs played their hand far more conservatively than they probably should have, but this is the Spurs we’re talking about. Anyone expecting a different strategy hasn’t followed this team very closely over the years.

Dejounte
05-31-2019, 06:43 AM
It could have been worse. Spurs could have sucked up to him, gave him his supermax, and he still asks for a trade demand. So instead of Kawhi losing out on $100 million, he gets to eat the cake too. That is way worse.

Killakobe81
05-31-2019, 07:04 AM
It could have been worse. Spurs could have sucked up to him, gave him his supermax, and he still asks for a trade demand. So instead of Kawhi losing out on $100 million, he gets to eat the cake too. That is way worse.

But then Spurs have leverage...
If Spurs still trade him to Toronto you could ask for more because thecyears were secured... I thought the argument was Spurs had no leverage since he was bolting to Clippers?!

UncleDennis
05-31-2019, 08:09 AM

Yup and owners and teams are so desperate for just the chance at a top 3 player that he could have fucked the Spurs even worse and still had suitors because talent out weighs everything.

I could definitely have seen them pulling that move though, as most people not in the mainstream media believe forcing KL off the Spurs was the plan from the beginning that why didn't the "group" scheme themselves into the Super Max and then play the injury card. Not that it matters now but could that mean maybe the plan wasn't as set in stone as we all thought it was? Instead of playing 1 season out of 2 he could have pulled the same shit and play about 1.5 out of 3. Is there some kind of injury clause in super max contracts, because if there is then I guess I have my answer already.

I hardly doubt the group was so worried that it would strip his next team of too much talent, look at all the talent he has around him now and they're still gonna bolt? Anyways like we all know, this whole picture will get so much clearer once he signs or leaves that I'm not even sure why I continue to waste time speculating about it when judgement day is around the corner.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-31-2019, 08:18 AM
But then Spurs have leverage...
If Spurs still trade him to Toronto you could ask for more because thecyears were secured... I thought the argument was Spurs had no leverage since he was bolting to Clippers?!

The Spurs had no leverage. That's why they took whatever they could realistically get. Props to Toronto for making a very unpopular deal (at the time) that has paid off (hindsight)

And editing here... other teams who didn't want to do what Toronto did now are paying the price... (hint: Boston, Philly, Lakers, etc)

UncleDennis
05-31-2019, 08:31 AM
The Spurs had no leverage. That's why they took whatever they could realistically get. Props to Toronto for making a very unpopular deal (at the time) that has paid off (hindsight)

And editing here... other teams who didn't want to do what Toronto did now are paying the price... (hint: Boston, Philly, Lakers, etc)

For real, at least Philly had a decent run. But Boston and especially the Lakers if they really didn't wan't to give up the "Farm" for what turns out to be a guy with the same ailment that ended Bosh's career, two ok to decent players and some picks that prob wouldn't amount to shit anyways. I'll take my chances with Kawhi and Lebron over "potential" any day.

vy65
05-31-2019, 08:32 AM
The “DDR was the best we could do” narrative goes out the window if the Raps ring

r0drig0lac
05-31-2019, 08:39 AM
The “DDR was the best we could do” narrative goes out the window if the Raps ring

this "narrative" never existed tbh

ShutUp SayItAgain!
05-31-2019, 08:42 AM

Exactly this

ShutUp SayItAgain!
05-31-2019, 08:47 AM

Word.

UncleDennis
05-31-2019, 08:59 AM

I agree, I'm in the minority who thought the Spurs would win in '17 and think the Raptors are going to win. The Spurs in general will look stupid regardless since despite the reasons right or wrong they lost a top 2 player and the media has completely ran with the "Spurs were at fault and this is Kawhi's triumphant return story." We might as well get used to that being the narrative for as long as the Spurs continue to suck, but any combination of Saric, Covington, Tobias Harris (who during the playoffs especially showed he's not much of a difference maker) and whoever else was floated would lead us in the same direction we're already in.

If those were the only options I think I would rather we just get rid of the whole team besides White and DJ hopefully and try and start from scratch.

Keepin' it real
05-31-2019, 09:34 AM
This is an outrage! It's unacceptable. It undoes all 5 titles. It's like they never happened. All the joy is gone. There's nothing left but pain. Pain, for a long, long time.

Killakobe81
05-31-2019, 10:50 AM
For real, at least Philly had a decent run. But Boston and especially the Lakers if they really didn't wan't to give up the "Farm" for what turns out to be a guy with the same ailment that ended Bosh's career, two ok to decent players and some picks that prob wouldn't amount to shit anyways. I'll take my chances with Kawhi and Lebron over "potential" any day.

Lakers could not get Kawhi no matter what was offered... Not sure why Spurs fan who are closest to the reporting can't get that... Boston preferred to save their war chest for AD LOL ... Philly no excuses for them abd Kawhi made them pay

Killakobe81
05-31-2019, 10:56 AM

Some still argue you had no leverage... Which is horseshit.
No matter if Kawhi stays or goes Raptors win title
It was a horseshit trade. DD is a fringe all star and poetl a solid potential young big.
They are solid pieces, no one denies that but for Kawhi?! Come on, sons.

look_at_g_shred
05-31-2019, 12:01 PM
This is an outrage! It's unacceptable. It undoes all 5 titles. It's like they never happened. All the joy is gone. There's nothing left but pain. Pain, for a long, long time.
Can somebody come check on they mans? I’m worried tbh

vy65
05-31-2019, 12:02 PM

Sure it didn't ...

Keepin' it real
05-31-2019, 12:44 PM
Can somebody come check on they mans? I’m worried tbh

SpurOutofTownFan
05-31-2019, 01:52 PM

milking him? wft you smokin over there dude? he refused to play after being cleared and left the city

tholdren
06-01-2019, 12:22 AM
Fans are for watching this terrible version of basketball talent

Payote75
06-01-2019, 12:47 AM
I still find it funny that the Spurs went from a class organization one of the best in all of sports better than the patriots because we didn't cheat but all the sudden the narrative has become and becoming even worse. The Spurs were fools to ditch kawitter....the Spurs treated him badly .....the Spurs made a bad trade....all this crap is just the media controlling the narrative taking a malcontent mute sensitive quitter and rewriting it into kawitter the hero climbing mount Olympus overcoming the big bad terrible Spurs to prove he can rise from the ashes and win a championship after all the terrible treatment he received in San Antonio. He freed himself from a terrible organization and thought the Spurs a lesson.

its all horseshit. Spurs did the best they could and tried to keep competitive with the trade they made. Teams played hardball Spurs took best available offer to keep relevant. When has this orginization ever been known as anything but classy and a well oiled machine?? So what makes anyone think kawitter didn't have an altering motive or just sensitive. He sat there could care less about the team and literally stole 19 million dollars. But if he chips he is a hero????

everything that is wrong in this country in a nutshell. Media controls the narrative and people just follow like a cult.

Slippy
06-01-2019, 01:20 AM
I still find it funny that the Spurs went from a class organization one of the best in all of sports better than the patriots because we didn't cheat but all the sudden the narrative has become and becoming even worse. The Spurs were fools to ditch kawitter....the Spurs treated him badly .....the Spurs made a bad trade....all this crap is just the media controlling the narrative taking a malcontent mute sensitive quitter and rewriting it into kawitter the hero climbing mount Olympus overcoming the big bad terrible Spurs to prove he can rise from the ashes and win a championship after all the terrible treatment he received in San Antonio. He freed himself from a terrible organization and thought the Spurs a lesson.

its all horseshit. Spurs did the best they could and tried to keep competitive with the trade they made. Teams played hardball Spurs took best available offer to keep relevant. When has this orginization ever been known as anything but classy and a well oiled machine?? So what makes anyone think kawitter didn't have an altering motive or just sensitive. He sat there could care less about the team and literally stole 19 million dollars. But if he chips he is a hero????

everything that is wrong in this country in a nutshell. Media controls the narrative and people just follow like a cult.

Ya well put. Posted the same in Kawhi thread.

He playing through pain now but couldnt do it for the team that set him up for 6 years and rehabbed all season on their dime. Then to really screw the team demanded a trade , at the same hurting his trade value to force acertain destination . A selfish me-first prick comes to mind.

daslicer
06-01-2019, 01:22 AM

The media is desperate for another star that they can pump money out of now that Lebron is getting old. They are testing out the waters to see if #2 can be that guy who can generate ratings and revenue for them. They are also hoping he will go to LA. I guarantee that he would not be getting the type of love he is getting now if he had decided to be a Spur for life.

rascal
06-01-2019, 10:29 AM

They had leverage if they timed it right. They waited too long to make the final decision that he needed to be traded. They should have traded him no later than draft night.

duncan2k5
06-01-2019, 03:49 PM

He playing through pain now but couldnt do it for the team that set him up for 6 years and rehabbed all season on their dime. Then to really screw the team demanded a trade , at the same hurting his trade value to force acertain destination . A selfish me-first prick comes to mind.

This is such a juvenile way of looking at it... Playing through pain now doesn't mean that it would have been the same then... Different scenarios...

SpurOutofTownFan
06-01-2019, 07:39 PM
They had leverage if they timed it right. They waited too long to make the final decision that he needed to be traded. They should have traded him no later than draft night.

If the player is asking for a trade to a team in "LA" and no one really knows how healthy he is, and hasn't played in a year, then no team, Spurs or otherwise have any realistic leverage. Therefore, they've got back whatever they could get. It's known they tried to get better pieces (on paper) from other teams but no one played ball - and doing that shopping took some valuable time and delayed things quite a bit.

It is said other teams who could have participated weren't ready to trade their best for two main reasons: 1) no real understanding of how healthy he was, and 2) didn't know whether he would stay and sign after one year

I'm still shocked/surprised the Spurs managed to get 2 players and a pick with these constraints, and one of the players in DDR is actually pretty good. Of course a lot of things happened, they are new and there were injuries in the roster but the FO has an opportunity to do something this summer and get this team to a better place.

All the name-calling and stupid shit you read in this site comes from know-nothing elements that can be ignored most of the time.

Harry Callahan
06-01-2019, 07:41 PM
If the player is asking for a trade to a team in "LA" and no one really knows how healthy he is, and hasn't played in a year, then no team, Spurs or otherwise have any realistic leverage. Therefore, they've got back whatever they could get. It's known they tried to get better pieces (on paper) from other teams but no one played ball - and doing that shopping took some valuable time and delayed things quite a bit.

It is said other teams who could have participated weren't ready to trade their best for two main reasons: 1) no real understanding of how healthy he was, and 2) didn't know whether he would stay and sign after one year

I'm still shocked/surprised the Spurs managed to get 2 players and a pick with these constraints, and one of the players in DDR is actually pretty good. Of course a lot of things happened, they are new and there were injuries in the roster but the FO has an opportunity to do something this summer and get this team to a better place.

All the name-calling and stupid shit you read in this site comes from know-nothing elements that can be ignored most of the time.

The Ignore option can be a beautiful thing sometimes.

Payote75
06-01-2019, 11:49 PM

Totally agree and honestly I just want it over. I don't think I have ever been so bitter about a player in all of my sports rooting life. It pains me to be rooting for the Warriors but I cannot stomach this mofo. You said it best couldn't play through injury for the orginization that made him and worse couldn't even sit in the bench to root for them and ne a part of the team.

Payote75
06-01-2019, 11:52 PM
This is such a juvenile way of looking at it... Playing through pain now doesn't mean that it would have been the same then... Different scenarios...

Please it's not a juvenile way because however much pain he was in whether the injury was worse then or not he still could of sat his mute dumb ass on the bench and supported his team. I bet anyone of us would take 19 million to just sit on a bench. The guy was but hurt by possibly two people and I guess the rest of the team could go to hell too but I will gladly still take my check thank you.

Payote75
06-01-2019, 11:56 PM
The media is desperate for another star that they can pump money out of now that Lebron is getting old. They are testing out the waters to see if #2 can be that guy who can generate ratings and revenue for them. They are also hoping he will go to LA. I guarantee that he would not be getting the type of love he is getting now if he had decided to be a Spur for life.

i can see that point but the nba is barking up the wrong tree if they think this dumbass mute quitter is going to sit on Browns throne. Bron has more charisma marketability and actually is well spoken that kawitter will ever have. But I'd love to have that pressure the nba will lay on him crush him.

dbreiden83080
06-02-2019, 12:03 AM

So he bitches out on the team for an entire year to the point that he’s hiding from teammates and the front office and we are supposed to welcome him back with open arms? Fuck him. Fuck him and his stupid ass uncle. He doesn’t have some long-term future anyway. The dude is 27 years old, has bad knees and a bad quad. His health is a mess.

daslicer
06-02-2019, 12:34 AM
i can see that point but the nba is barking up the wrong tree if they think this dumbass mute quitter is going to sit on Browns throne. Bron has more charisma marketability and actually is well spoken that kawitter will ever have. But I'd love to have that pressure the nba will lay on him crush him.

I think #2 is a sociopath so he doesn't feel pressure but I do agree with everything else that you said.

RC_Drunkford
06-02-2019, 12:34 AM
the only way the Spurs can redeem themselves is if

A. Nephew's quad gets worse and worse and he falls off a cliff when he should still be in his prime (in the next 4 years)

B. They draft a stud at 29

C. They flip DeRozan and/or Poeltl for a franchise player

jmard5
06-02-2019, 01:42 AM

Kawhi-stans are picky. They pick information that puts the Spurs, FO and its players in a bad light and choose to ignore that Kawhi's team pressured the Spurs to trade him.

ceperez
06-02-2019, 06:43 AM
For whatever reason, the Spurs relationship with Kawhi went sour. Who knows if this was all manufactured, but that's the reality.

Let's be honest, guys like David Robinson (who isn't even part of the official org) was pretty upset with Kawhi.

So they did what they had to do. The Raptors traded someone they wanted to unload and the Spurs gifted both Kawhi and Danny. So Spurs were looking for a future beyond a year while the Raptors were win now or never.

Unlike Paul George, Leonard wasn't healthy, so the market was a lot smaller. Everyone remembers what happened to Isiah Thomas. The Pacers got two good assets in Oladipo and Sabonis. They got a better deal than DeRozan and Poetl. Lakers and Boston are also kicking themselves for not pulling trigger on trade. Lakers didn't make the playoffs and Boston were worse this season. In hind sight, everyone knows what they did wrong.

But even in hindsight, nobody can know in Leonard could have helped the Spurs. Nobody knows if he would have mended fences. Moving to a new team is different from staying in a team that you can't resolve simple issues with.

Harry Callahan
06-02-2019, 01:28 PM
David Robinson actually IS part of the Spurs organization - part of the ownership group (minority percentage owner).

spurs10
06-02-2019, 02:38 PM
Totally agree and honestly I just want it over. I don't think I have ever been so bitter about a player in all of my sports rooting life. It pains me to be rooting for the Warriors but I cannot stomach this mofo. You said it best couldn't play through injury for the orginization that made him and worse couldn't even sit in the bench to root for them and ne a part of the team. Word

Please it's not a juvenile way because however much pain he was in whether the injury was worse then or not he still could of sat his mute dumb ass on the bench and supported his team. I bet anyone of us would take 19 million to just sit on a bench. The guy was but hurt by possibly two people and I guess the rest of the team could go to hell too but I will gladly still take my check thank you. Good posts!

ElNono
06-02-2019, 02:51 PM
L:lolkers

Traded Sh:lolq in his prime because primma donna...

pad300
06-02-2019, 06:14 PM
Lakers could not get Kawhi no matter what was offered... Not sure why Spurs fan who are closest to the reporting can't get that... Boston preferred to save their war chest for AD LOL ... Philly no excuses for them abd Kawhi made them pay

I'm pretty sure that this is wrong.

As I understand the situation, the Lakers threw a low-ball offer, (like all the other teams involved) because they thought Kawhi was forcing his way out & to them. If they had treated it like a serious opportunity to get a MVP candidate, and put a worthwhile package together, I'm pretty sure that SAS would have taken the value. Just because it would have blown everyone else out of the water. For example, before the 2018 draft, offering:

pick 25 (made by LA for SAS), Ingram, Randle on an S&T, 2020 and 2022 FRP's

Would almost assuredly have got it done. As I understand it, what was put on the table was one of Ingram/Randle/Ball and pick 25 + filler.

exstatic
06-02-2019, 06:54 PM

As I understand the situation, the Lakers threw a low-ball offer, (like all the other teams involved) because they thought Kawhi was forcing his way out & to them. If they had treated it like a serious opportunity to get a MVP candidate, and put a worthwhile package together, I'm pretty sure that SAS would have taken the value. Just because it would have blown everyone else out of the water. For example, before the 2018 draft, offering:

Would almost assuredly have got it done. As I understand it, what was put on the table was one of Ingram/Randle/Ball and pick 25 + filler.

So, three late first, Mr. blood clots, and hope that Randle agrees to a S&T?

There was never gong to be a trade with LA. Pop calling Demps during the AD episode and telling him not to trade with LA kinda made that clear.

baseline bum
06-02-2019, 07:31 PM

There was never gong to be a trade with LA. Pop calling Demps during the AD episode and telling him not to trade with LA kinda made that clear.

No shit. Randle would have also negotiated a huge contract with that kind of leverage and it was one position the Spurs absolutely did not need another starter at with LMA here. Ingram without the blood clots is nothing special. He had five good games after the Allstar break after 47 disappointing ones. I'm sick of hearing every summer how next year Ingram will finally be good, that he's a star in the making. The guy is still a below average player statistically who puts up empty scoring numbers because someone other than LeBron has to take shots too, and his potential looks like low end starting material, maybe midrange starting material in a good case. People crap all over DeRozan but he is largely responsible for the Spurs being one of the top offenses in the league (though largely responsible for making them one of the worst defenses too :lol)

pad300
06-02-2019, 08:00 PM

Summer 2018 is prior to Ingram's diagnosis... he had more value. Ingram on a rookie contract vs Derozan for $27M annually. Value wise that looks close to a tie to me. Randle vs Poetl. I think Randle is generally considered the more valuable player (IMO), although the contract situation is in Poetl's favor. How much would Randle get? I'd say 4 ys /80 million at most... (and we had to do something to take salary back). 25 the 2018 draft >> 29 in 2019. 2 more first round picks (again, before Lebron went to LA), which could really blow up in our favor if things come apart in LA (especially in 2022, Lebron could be retired, and Kawhi out of he league with his chronic injury...).

Yeah, that trumps what we got from TOR... I doubt that PATFO would have passed that up just to spite LAL and Kawhi. Although I could see them at least trying to leverage the LAL offer to pry a better offer out of somewhere (the East or even LAC) ...

slick'81
06-02-2019, 08:05 PM
Summer 2018 is prior to Ingram's diagnosis... he had more value. Ingram on a rookie contract vs Derozan for $27M annually. Value wise that looks close to a tie to me. Randle vs Poetl. I think Randle is generally considered the more valuable player (IMO), although the contract situation is in Poetl's favor. How much would Randle get? I'd say 4 ys /80 million at most... (and we had to do something to take salary back). 25 the 2018 draft >> 29 in 2019. 2 more first round picks (again, before Lebron went to LA), which could really blow up in our favor if things come apart in LA (especially in 2022, Lebron could be retired, and Kawhi out of he league with his chronic injury...).

Yeah, that trumps what we got from TOR... I doubt that PATFO would have passed that up just to spite LAL and Kawhi. Although I could see them at least trying to leverage the LAL offer to pry a better offer out of somewhere (the East or even LAC) ...

we took a shit deal homie.All the what ifs arent going to make that shit sandwhich taste any better

RC_Drunkford
06-02-2019, 08:35 PM

Nah, Spurs liked Kuzma when he got drafted and like Hart too. Kuzma, Hart, Zubac and a pick + filler (KCP) would have got it done. But not Ingram, Lonzo or that other trash the Fakers have

Vito Corleone
06-02-2019, 08:53 PM

Spurs have been in the playoffs 29 out of the last 30 years. Only 4 times in that time span did they win less than 50 games and two of the four were in strike shortened years.

In what universe is anyone laughing at the Spurs.

Payote75
06-02-2019, 11:26 PM

A. Nephew's quad gets worse and worse and he falls off a cliff when he should still be in his prime (in the next 4 years)

i don't get why the Spurs need to prove anything to anyone though that's first and foremost. that being said why do they need to redeem themselves? What could they have done differently? They tried to mend fences they basically phased out Parker and ginobli which if the mute really wanted to mend fences without those two who else was the beef with? Pop? He really hated the orginization 80 million dollars worth of hatred???? Was there a trade out there we were hearing that was better?
At one point we were all scoffing at taking the lakers young players just to spite kaweasel and we thought the rumor was basically the whole laker team. And yes if that was indeed on the table I would of said screw the mute do what's best for us. Kuzma hart ball Ingram randle LMAO..... Had that been the case the spurs with there current young players and those or a combination of those would really be in a good spot and who knows where we draft or if we would of had a Lakers pick. BUT as things started to leak out we found out the lakers were squeezing us like Philly was and we were being offered shit. So what should we have done spite him and keep him setting us up for bigger failure???? Roll the dice keep him and hope his mute ass and dirtbag uncle change there minds?

Spurs dont need to redeem themselves at all. He literally fucked the franchise over didn't even have enough class to privately go ask for a trade let the orginization know there ain't no coming back from this and i want out and let the Spurs get max value for him. But NO he had to embarrass and give it to the Spurs rt up the you know what. What a classy way to repay an orginization that made you , handed you the keys and their fan base.

Payote75
06-02-2019, 11:37 PM
Spurs have been in the playoffs 29 out of the last 30 years. Only 4 times in that time span did they win less than 50 games and two of the four were in strike shortened years.

perfectly said!!!! Winner winner chicken dinner!!!!!
my sentiments exactly.

venitian navigator
06-03-2019, 02:10 AM
i don't get why the Spurs need to prove anything to anyone though that's first and foremost. that being said why do they need to redeem themselves? What could they have done differently? They tried to mend fences they basically phased out Parker and ginobli which if the mute really wanted to mend fences without those two who else was the beef with? Pop? He really hated the orginization 80 million dollars worth of hatred???? Was there a trade out there we were hearing that was better?
At one point we were all scoffing at taking the lakers young players just to spite kaweasel and we thought the rumor was basically the whole laker team. And yes if that was indeed on the table I would of said screw the mute do what's best for us. Kuzma hart ball Ingram randle LMAO..... Had that been the case the spurs with there current young players and those or a combination of those would really be in a good spot and who knows where we draft or if we would of had a Lakers pick. BUT as things started to leak out we found out the lakers were squeezing us like Philly was and we were being offered shit. So what should we have done spite him and keep him setting us up for bigger failure???? Roll the dice keep him and hope his mute ass and dirtbag uncle change there minds?

Spurs dont need to redeem themselves at all. He literally fucked the franchise over didn't even have enough class to privately go ask for a trade let the orginization know there ain't no coming back from this and i want out and let the Spurs get max value for him. But NO he had to embarrass and give it to the Spurs rt up the you know what. What a classy way to repay an orginization that made you , handed you the keys and their fan base.

Perfectly agree!!!

RC_Drunkford
06-03-2019, 05:30 AM

I don't know why you're writing an essay when I been the one saying the things you just said. I'm just saying ESPN and all those other faggots gone criticize the Spurs forever for letting nephew go, so if they want that narrative to die one of those things has to happen or the Spurs have to ring. Otherwise you'll hear about the trade of the decade every month from now on

dbreiden83080
06-03-2019, 05:54 AM

And what do the Raptors need to do in order to redeem themselves if he bolts for LA or wherever after the finals? This is not so much about the organization but about the individual player.

dbreiden83080
06-03-2019, 05:57 AM
I don't know why you're writing an essay when I been the one saying the things you just said. I'm just saying ESPN and all those other faggots gone criticize the Spurs forever for letting nephew go, so if they want that narrative to die one of those things has to happen or the Spurs have to ring. Otherwise you'll hear about the trade of the decade every month from now on

The media does not like the Spurs because we are not big headlines, so I don't care about that. But the issues with this clown will continue regardless of location..

Needing 20 plus games off a season, maybe more as he ages..
Being ultra sensitive about really everything. "Don't pressure me. Or even look at me angry, or I will run and hide"
Uncle wanting new houses, cars, and a line of call girls etc..

dbreiden83080
06-03-2019, 05:59 AM

Exactly and we will draft well this year like always. Be right in the mix again. Fans years from now will not miss this idiot. He was not worth all this drama. He is not Tim or David.. Let him go..

duncan2k5
06-03-2019, 11:13 AM
Please it's not a juvenile way because however much pain he was in whether the injury was worse then or not he still could of sat his mute dumb ass on the bench and supported his team. I bet anyone of us would take 19 million to just sit on a bench. The guy was but hurt by possibly two people and I guess the rest of the team could go to hell too but I will gladly still take my check thank you.

He WAS sitting on the bench... Until the FO fucked up the relationship royally

RC_Drunkford
06-03-2019, 11:15 AM
The media does not like the Spurs because we are not big headlines, so I don't care about that. But the issues with this clown will continue regardless of location..

Needing 20 plus games off a season, maybe more as he ages..
Being ultra sensitive about really everything. "Don't pressure me. Or even look at me angry, or I will run and hide"
Uncle wanting new houses, cars, and a line of call girls etc..

True. One can only hope that he signs with a team where issues like that occur again and he pulls the same shit. That would expose em

duncan2k5
06-03-2019, 11:18 AM

They broke the fence... Then didn't want to pay what the fence was worth to build it back

GreekSpursfan
06-03-2019, 11:42 AM

:toast

cpds421
06-03-2019, 11:50 AM

Dude, seriously. All you do in this forum is to cry about how PATFO screwed up that relationship with nephew.

Move on already or just change your favorite team to the Raptors

dbreiden83080
06-03-2019, 06:53 PM

Exactly.. I respect the fact that he is a great payer, however I don't miss him, and I am not sorry that he is gone. We had Tim Duncan for basically 20 years. My fav player of all time, and I think he was, along with Bill Russell (who loves Tim), the best pure team player ever in basketball. Class act, who always put team first and was a leader. Not an accident he won 5 rings over such a long career. Leonard is a "Me" player. He plays great when he feels like playing, and will make sacrifices only if he think it will directly benefit himself. The cowardly way he handled his departure unplugged me emotionally from wanting him to be our franchise player. We will find our next guy. It was not number 2..

dbreiden83080
06-03-2019, 06:58 PM

He made 19 million dollars to sit on his ass, not get surgery, be cleared medically to play, and then he had a problem with the team being pissed off at him. You know in normal life when you collect a salary, you need to show up to work. We tend to put athletes in such an elite category they can get away with anything, which is why he pulled this shit. When you break it down in it's simplest terms, this A-Hole stole 19 million dollars last season..

Payote75
06-05-2019, 12:04 AM

i can write whatever I want last I checked it's a message board that's first. Second you don't feel like reading an essay move along and read another post. Lastly seriously you had to be a rude insulting dope just to get credit and show people up. We are primarily here for the same reasons so man up write what you want and shut up. Sorry if your feelings were hurt with the essay.

Payote75
06-05-2019, 12:14 AM
They broke the fence... Then didn't want to pay what the fence was worth to build it back

Dude no offense but this is a board for the "team" of the San Antonio Spurs not a kawhi Leonard board. You can keep defending him and point fingers but most people on here just pointing out the obvious as Spurs fans yes we are hurt but you can take it out on the team/management/trainees/front office whomever but in the end your anger should be focused on the very guy your defending because he gave you and the rest of us fans a big FU on his way out. Maybe there's a kawhi Leonard board you could join brother;-)