PDA

View Full Version : Spurs haven’t won a playoff series since Parker was the starting PG.

SASdynasty!
05-25-2019, 01:58 PM
2018-19
Derrick White starting R1: Loss

2017-18
Dejounte Murray starting R1: Loss

2016-17
Patty Mills starting R3: Loss
Tony Parker starting R2: Win
Tony Parker starting R1: Win

——

Come back Parker so we can get back to winning in the playoffs.

HarlemHeat37
05-25-2019, 02:50 PM
Come back? He got benched by an East lottery team:lol

He should retire immediately to preserve whatever dignity he has remaining after running Kawhi out of town..

Arcadian
05-25-2019, 02:56 PM

He should retire immediately to preserve whatever dignity he has remaining after running Kawhi out of town..

That's pretty disingenuous. Technically he didn't "get benched" because he was always the backup to Kemba. "Getting benched" means you were a starter and then lost the position.

And Parker had little (or nothing) to do with Kawhi leaving. I think you know that.

SpurPadre
05-25-2019, 02:59 PM
That's pretty disingenuous. Technically he didn't "get benched" because he was always the backup to Kemba. "Getting benched" means you were a starter and then lost the position.

And Parker had little (or nothing) to do with Kawhi leaving. I think you know that.

THIS. Load Management is thin-skinned AF but he was leaving one way or another and the media/his group used the Parker thing as pretext for his unethical behavior.

RD2191
05-25-2019, 03:06 PM

:tu

Russ
05-25-2019, 03:20 PM
He should retire immediately to preserve whatever dignity he has remaining after running Kawhi out of town.

If Parker ran Kawhi out of town, it doesn't take that much to make Kawhi run . . .

Clipper Nation
05-25-2019, 03:23 PM
:lol Porker is so washed, he couldn't even get playing time on the bum-ass Hornets. The Spurs would have been swept by Denver if Porker was still the starting PG.

KimmyGib
05-25-2019, 03:29 PM
Love Tony, but tbh he hadn't been a quality starting point guard since 2014. It's a real shame that he got injured when he did, because he seemed to have gotten it together and was playing at the highest level he'd played in a long time leading up to the injury. Then it was pretty much a wrap. If we had 2019 Derrick White in 2015 playoffs...

DAF86
05-25-2019, 03:34 PM
We haven't won a playoff series since Kawhi quit on us :(

gambit1990
05-25-2019, 05:01 PM
OP: spurs need tony to win a series
reality: tony couldn't even get the team he was on to make the POs

:lol

SASdynasty!
05-25-2019, 09:31 PM
OP: spurs need tony to win a series
reality: tony couldn't even get the team he was on to make the POs

:lol
Lol Charlotte had a winning record when Tony played. Not his fault they had an awful record when he didn’t.

gambit1990
05-25-2019, 09:35 PM
Lol Charlotte had a winning record when Tony played. Not his fault they had an awful record when he didn’t.
charlotte played their best down the stretch and were in the PO race without tony.

that included two wins against TOR and a win against BOS.

SASdynasty!
05-25-2019, 09:40 PM
charlotte played their best down the stretch and were in the PO race without tony.

that included two wins against TOR and a win against BOS.
“Played their best” = lost more?

gambit1990
05-25-2019, 09:42 PM
“Played their best” = lost more?
try taking the competition into consideration.

sananspursfan21
05-25-2019, 09:54 PM
That’s a pretty misleading way of saying that. I mean, you re saying the same thing when you say San Antonio lost in the first round this year. But whatever gets your rocks I guess

edit: overlooked the “starting” portion. So add last year to that. Still, big whoop. Cool story bro.

SASdynasty!
05-26-2019, 02:32 PM
That’s a pretty misleading way of saying that. I mean, you re saying the same thing when you say San Antonio lost in the first round this year. But whatever gets your rocks I guess

edit: overlooked the “starting” portion. So add last year to that. Still, big whoop. Cool story bro.
Add a third year to that where the Spurs won the first 2 series when Parker played.

Ibleedslvrnblk
05-26-2019, 02:39 PM
That ass was so sour his last year here. I remember watching games and he was on the bench and players were scoring and playing great d, with the bench cheering them on. Tony just sat there with not a care in the world.

Only way I would say bring him back is if it gets rid of Mills and he isn't a bitch, and retires at end of the season.

SASdynasty!
05-26-2019, 03:48 PM
That ass was so sour his last year here. I remember watching games and he was on the bench and players were scoring and playing great d, with the bench cheering them on. Tony just sat there with not a care in the world.

Only way I would say bring him back is if it gets rid of Mills and he isn't a bitch, and retires at end of the season.
You’d be sour too if you brought 4 championships to the organization, carried the franchise for 7-8 years, capped it off by dragging a team of non-All-Stars (besides yourself) and non-All-NBA players (besides yourself) to another title, and the FO basically said you could be an assistant manager.

TXstbobcat
05-26-2019, 04:07 PM
You’d be sour too if you brought 4 championships to the organization, carried the franchise for 7-8 years, capped it off by dragging a team of non-All-Stars (besides yourself) and non-All-NBA players (besides yourself) to another title, and the FO basically said you could be an assistant manager.

and the spurs offered him 5 million per year to stay and help develop the young guards on the team. It was his decision to take the 5 million to get playing time in Charlotte. Unfortunately by the end of the season he was mostly getting DNPs.

TheGreatYacht
05-26-2019, 04:15 PM

How's one of the best playoff shooters ever Danny doing? :lol

Play Boban
05-26-2019, 05:54 PM

How much did Enrique running Kawhitter out of town hurt his legacy? Do you think we should even hang #9 in the rafters? I say no tbh.

JeffDuncan
05-26-2019, 06:39 PM
How much did Enrique running Kawhitter out of town hurt his legacy? Do you think we should even hang #9 in the rafters? I say no tbh.

1. No such thing happened. Don't believe everything you read on Spurstalk.

2. Of course Parker's jersey belongs in the rafters. 82.6% of the bats surveyed have stated they'd like the opportunity to crap on it.

Play Boban
05-28-2019, 09:50 PM
1. No such thing happened. Don't believe everything you read on Spurstalk.

2. Of course Parker's jersey belongs in the rafters. 82.6% of the bats surveyed have stated they'd like the opportunity to crap on it.
:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
05-28-2019, 10:51 PM

the fkn dog of a kent has no business having his number retired or even a ceremony
if they patfo want to keep costs down, all they have to do is turn no.6 upside down on the rafters... i can actually see them doing that...

ElNono
05-29-2019, 07:43 AM

yeah, he had a great career, tbh, he shouldn't let fans remember him for his last 3-4 years as a player...

MultiTroll
05-29-2019, 10:16 AM
Matt Bonner.
Spurs have not won a Championship since BonBon retired.

Bring back BonBon and Parker. :cheer:pop::cheer

JeffDuncan
05-29-2019, 11:00 AM
Yes, it was when the Red Rocket retired that everything started going to heck for the Spurs. And remember where he got that nickname. Toronto!

R. DeMurre
05-29-2019, 02:52 PM
I'm guessing-- it's just a guess-- that if D White had the 2016 version of Duncan, Kawhi, and Ginobili...he would've won in Round One. You might as well argue that the Spurs haven't performed well in the playoffs since Zsa Zsa Gabor and Debbie Reynolds died.

look_at_g_shred
05-29-2019, 03:36 PM
If the spurs had murray in the playoffs this year we beat denver and it wouldn't have gone 7. Take it a bit further and we end up top 4 not bottom 3.

MultiTroll
05-29-2019, 06:04 PM
2018-19

Tony Parker 2018-19 Playoffs: