PDA

View Full Version : Atland Hawks first round draft pick

alpha_HaZE
05-26-2019, 12:15 AM
What does it take for them to give us #8, if say Hunter or someone like Cam Reddish are available?

The Hawks have a lots of young players and 4 draft picks including the 8th & 10th Pick. I don't see them keeping both of those picks.

What do you think it would take to do that?

Dejounte
05-26-2019, 06:43 AM
Bertans + Forbes + Mills our 2nd rd pick to give them veteran guard depth.

cd021
05-26-2019, 08:40 AM

You think that package gets the Spurs a top 10 pick??

Murray and Bertans would probably players that they want, plus 29th for their 10th pick makes more sense.

Murray can play alongside Young and gives them a starter than can defend multiple positions and has offensive up side. Atlanta values shooters and Bertans is still young enough to be a part of their future.

TDMVPDPOY
05-26-2019, 08:42 AM
u guys do like to over value that instagram scrub who has no jumpshot

palangi
05-26-2019, 09:07 AM
DeRozan, bertans, mills, 2nd round pick

BatManu20
05-26-2019, 09:52 AM
Nothing. We have nothing they want. They’re not trading either of those picks to us.

Dennis the Menace
05-26-2019, 10:51 AM
This Thread is a moot point. Hunter/Reddish won’t be available at #8.

Would require a Derozan trade with earlier folks.

Which in all honesty will be necessary as White/Walker are gonna pass Derozan up on offensive efficiency and that salary is gonna be a death blow when he’s the #4 option behind Aldridge, White, Walker/Murray

Dex
05-26-2019, 11:25 AM

Mills has negative value, so adding him makes that deal worse.

Not that he is is useless as a player, but teams aren't going to want him for that contract.

Dex
05-26-2019, 11:27 AM

Which in all honesty will be necessary as White/Walker are gonna pass Derozan up on offensive efficiency and that salary is gonna be a death blow when he’s the #4 option behind Aldridge, White, Walker/Murray

Let's cool our jets on Walker for a bit. He's still basically a rookie. He has only played 118 NBA minutes and only looked so-so in those (flashes on offense, terrible on defense).

I think he has potential too, but he is a still a LONG ways away from being in the realm of DeRozan, or even White.

RC_Drunkford
05-26-2019, 11:39 AM
Let's cool our jets on Walker for a bit. He's still basically a rookie. He has only played 118 NBA minutes and only looked so-so in those (flashes on offense, terrible on defense).

I think he has potential too, but he is a still a LONG ways away from being in the realm of DeRozan, or even White.

I'm sure Walker could shoot 1/10 in the first half of a game 7 while playing mediocre defense

Dennis the Menace
05-26-2019, 11:44 AM

Lol did you not see him score 16 points in only like 6 minutes of playing time in the 4th quarter of @ Denver Nuggets near the end of the regular season? It’s not going to take him THAT long on the offensive end dude. He’s offensively advanced for a rookie

I think 16 points in like 6 minutes is pretty fucking good for a start

davi78239
05-26-2019, 11:52 AM
What about that guy from Texas Tech? Could go top 10 and maybe the hawks draft him for us?

cd021
05-26-2019, 12:02 PM
DeRozan, bertans, mills, 2nd round pick

We ship out $55 million in salaries and they just give us the 8th pick back?

cd021
05-26-2019, 12:03 PM
Nothing. We have nothing they want. They’re not trading either of those picks to us.

They may not trade those picks anyway but I could see them wanting Murray and Bertans in a potiential trade for fit reasons.

palangi
05-26-2019, 01:37 PM
Mills has negative value, so adding him makes that deal worse.

Not that he is is useless as a player, but teams aren't going to want him for that contract.

Not true. The hawks need a back up PG and mills has value as a shooter off the bench

palangi
05-26-2019, 01:38 PM

The hawks have no big contracts either. They can eat that while getting some between help for their young guys. And a stretch 4

r0drig0lac
05-26-2019, 01:54 PM

cd021
05-26-2019, 05:11 PM
The hawks have no big contracts either. They can eat that while getting some between help for their young guys. And a stretch 4

Or they can just keep the 8th and 10th picks, be bad again and have a shot at another high pick to go alongside the players selected this draft + Trae Young and Collins.

The deal you suggested makes them better too quickly (not a good thing a rebuilding team) and far more expensive than they otherwise would be.

Bertans and Murray would be the building blocks of a trade for one of their picks but the Spurs would have to include one of our first's too.

Tango33alpha
05-26-2019, 05:35 PM
Spurs need to get with the new NBA and draft outside athletic perimeter defenders and three point shooters. The SPURs front office needs to get creative with salary caps. I pray we do not become the Utah Jazz of the 2000's, where 50 win seasons and early 1st round exits out of the playoffs. We won 5 NBA titles and the Spurs have to live up to the reputation they build.

tbdog
05-26-2019, 06:30 PM
I'm sure Walker could shoot 1/10 in the first half of a game 7 while playing mediocre defense

Let's ignore LMA poor series, including that game too. And let's ignore DD and Gay bringing the team back.

Biggems
05-26-2019, 06:33 PM
If we are doing this for Hunter, most mocks have him going 4 or 5.

Basically, we have a better chance of getting the klaw back in silver and black than we do in drafting Hunter. I am not advocating for bringing benedict leonard back, just making a point.

Bellboy
05-26-2019, 11:43 PM
How about this trade with Atlanta:

Hawks get Derozan, Forbes, Metu, #19, #29

Spurs get Basemore, Prince, Spellman, Len, #8, #10

sasaint
05-27-2019, 12:01 AM

As long as Pop is running the team and Dumbmar is still on the roster, he will not be reduced to the #4 option.

sasaint
05-27-2019, 12:07 AM
You think that package gets the Spurs a top 10 pick??

Murray and Bertans would probably players that they want, plus 29th for their 10th pick makes more sense.

Murray can play alongside Young and gives them a starter than can defend multiple positions and has offensive up side. Atlanta values shooters and Bertans is still young enough to be a part of their future.

Especially in a mediocre draft, that is not an unreasonable proposal. The fit with Atlanta would be pretty good. I just don't see any of the guys I really would like falling to #10. But if the Spurs packaged #10 and #19, they might move up enough to get Hunter.

Spurtacular
05-27-2019, 01:18 AM

Dex
05-27-2019, 10:01 AM

Way to pick one small moment of a young player's career and try to make it the rule.

Lol did you not see him score 16 points in only like 6 minutes of playing time in the 4th quarter of @ Denver Nuggets near the end of the regular season? It’s not going to take him THAT long on the offensive end dude. He’s offensively advanced for a rookie

I think 16 points in like 6 minutes is pretty fucking good for a start

Ditto.

mo7888
05-27-2019, 12:01 PM
I don't really think we have anything Atlanta wants for 8 or 10 unless we give up white or DJ. I could see some of our parts getting prince though if Atlanta like a sf/pf in the draft.

alpha_HaZE
05-27-2019, 03:49 PM
Would you guys do a LaMarcus plus TOR's pick, for Prince/Bazemore and 8th/10th picks?

First, it would be interesting to see what the Spurs can do with 3 first round drafts picks. Plus Prince will be another Jakob for us, if not better. He can shoot the three and has high ceiling. Defense has been the main concern for him but, he is athletic enough to be a good defender, and probaly will be. Same way Derrick, Dejounte, and Jakob are.

Realdeal1
05-27-2019, 08:09 PM
Atlanta would never do that trade

ZeusWillJudge
05-27-2019, 08:25 PM

Dream scenario.

cd021
05-27-2019, 09:39 PM
Would you guys do a LaMarcus plus TOR's pick, for Prince/Bazemore and 8th/10th picks?

First, it would be interesting to see what the Spurs can do with 3 first round drafts picks. Plus Prince will be another Jakob for us, if not better. He can shoot the three and has high ceiling. Defense has been the main concern for him but, he is athletic enough to be a good defender, and probaly will be. Same way Derrick, Dejounte, and Jakob are.

No, and why would they want Aldridge if they are rebuilding and give up a lottery pick to do so?

They could keep both pick's, stay bad and get another high pick in a year plus Bazemore and Prince are set to expire after next season.

R. DeMurre
05-27-2019, 10:01 PM
:lolFunny how quickly players in trade scenarios go from garbage (for your team) to intriguing veteran depth (for another team).

ZeusWillJudge
05-28-2019, 02:29 PM
:lolFunny how quickly players in trade scenarios go from garbage (for your team) to intriguing veteran depth (for another team).

Every year. Every single year. Every single fucking year.

"We should trade Richard Jefferson to Memphis for Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay. The Spurs get the tough C they need to play along with Duncan, and the Griz get a starting SF to replace Gay. It's a win-win."

JeffDuncan
05-28-2019, 03:56 PM
Yes, I'm sure that in that recent photo of Pop dining with Steve Kerr what they were really talking about was trading Marco Belinelli for Steph Curry, and how it would make both teams better.