PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Dennis Finally Talks! “They didn’t believe Kawhi couldn’t play and that caused a lack of trust"

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bad Takes
05-26-2019, 07:37 PM

OAKLAND, Calif. — Dennis Robertson, referred predominantly in NBA circles as “Uncle Dennis,” is the uncle of Toronto Raptors star Kawhi Leonard.

Robertson is Leonard’s primary career and business strategist who generally avoids speaking publicly, similar to the two-time Defensive Player of the Year.

With Leonard leading the Raptors to the NBA Finals for the first time in franchise history to face the defending champion Golden State Warriors, it appears that last year’s messy divorce from the San Antonio Spurs worked out favorably for the 2014 NBA Finals MVP.

“We’re a humble family and we’re just enjoying the moment,” Robertson told Yahoo Sports on Sunday afternoon via phone interview. “Most people would say it’s vindication, but I’m not sure about that. But it was nice that we kept our mouths shut and just let everything play out. And for Kawhi, to take all the negative press he received and to focus on taking the East and to taking each series game by game, it’s a big deal. Making it to the Finals is a big deal. This is a team that has never been to the Finals and we’re happy about that. It feels good with what we went through last year. We have to be happy. He said it best with all the work he's put into his craft: He’s ready for this moment. What he accomplished was amazing. That’s what stars do. How he’s handled everything on and off the court is well deserved. It was nice to see him fight through all the adversity and he’s earned every minute of this.”

From his dominant defense to hitting the biggest shot in Raptors history, Leonard has piled up heroic moments in his one postseason with the club.

The 6-foot-7 forward has been the difference-maker the Raptors desperately needed, but the joy the organization is experiencing is because of the joy that was lost last season.

Leonard and Robertson have never openly addressed why the three-time All-Star requested a trade from the Spurs last offseason. For much of the 2017-18 season, Leonard battled a right quad injury and it limited him to just nine games.

Over time, the Spurs’ medical staff cleared him to play. Leonard sought a second opinion from an outside source and it was recommended that he continued rehabbing. The organization’s position caused teammates to question if Leonard had ulterior motives. That — along with constant leaks to the media detailing how frustrated the Spurs were with the ordeal — was the beginning of the end of a relationship that had otherwise been relatively healthy for six years.

Robertson revealed why it was time for Leonard to go elsewhere.

“I think it just became a lack of trust,” Robertson told Yahoo Sports. “They didn’t believe Kawhi couldn’t play and that caused a lack of trust in us and then us not believing in them. Any time a player says he’s not capable of playing, you should believe him. Why would Kawhi just stop playing all of a sudden? He’s a competitor. Sometimes you get these team doctors telling you what you can and cannot do, and Kawhi was just in too much pain to get out there. This was a serious issue. They didn’t believe him, and after that, the relationship couldn’t recover and we decided we had to move on.”

Man Mountain
05-26-2019, 07:39 PM
“I think it just became a lack of trust,” Robertson told Yahoo Sports. “They didn’t believe Kawhi couldn’t play and that caused a lack of trust in us and then us not believing in them. Any time a player says he’s not capable of playing, you should believe him. Why would Kawhi just stop playing all of a sudden? He’s a competitor. Sometimes you get these team doctors telling you what you can and cannot do, and Kawhi was just in too much pain to get out there. This was a serious issue. They didn’t believe him, and after that, the relationship couldn’t recover and we decided we had to move on.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/kawhi-leonards-uncle-dennis-hes-ready-for-this-moment-222416017.html

Geo210SpursSanAnto.
05-26-2019, 07:40 PM
Perfect timing for #2... Uncle fester forgot to mention #2 is still a bitch made pussy who cant take criticism and hides from his employer in east coast cities..

tony65fb
05-26-2019, 07:46 PM
Can Timvp or mospur say what really happened already

r0drig0lac
05-26-2019, 07:48 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/edho4s1lWEawo/giphy.gif

Realdeal1
05-26-2019, 07:52 PM
As I said in the other thread .. uncle Dennis waited until AFTER Kahwi made the finals to get the last word /push his narrative against the Spurs .. asshole

Barfunk
05-26-2019, 07:57 PM
That dude needs his ass whooped.

Realdeal1
05-26-2019, 07:59 PM
Uncle Dennis better hope nephew beats the warriors cause if not .. Spurs fans will get the last word thats for sure ��

RC_Drunkford
05-26-2019, 08:11 PM
nothing new under the sun. He could definitely play. Really need that inside info from TimVP, this shit still a mystery

spurs50_
05-26-2019, 08:19 PM
It was always about getting his Cash Cow to L.A. .

Uriel
05-26-2019, 08:25 PM
If I had to guess what inside info timvp had, it would be something along the lines of the Spurs' ownership group saying something really nasty about Kawhi that made him feel disrespected, and the Spurs manipulating the media to advance their narrative.

Degoat
05-26-2019, 08:32 PM
If I had to guess it’s that kawhi is a big fat pussy lol

slick'81
05-26-2019, 08:37 PM
Well there you have it guys! We can all move on now

Realdeal1
05-26-2019, 08:40 PM
Uncle Dennis probably annoyed / pissed off Spurs ownership with his bs .. Spurs ownership then probably said something about uncle Dennis to Kawhi along the lines of " be your own man / keep uncle Dennis out of your/our business" etc and kawhi got offended and sided with his uncle / family then uncle Dennis got in nephews ear to leave the Spurs and started telling him " Spurs are too controlling / pop doesn't respect you / etc etc and then the injury happened which then gave uncle Dennis an excuse and it just got worse worse as the season went on

Twisted_Dawg
05-26-2019, 08:41 PM
Well there you have it guys! We can all move on now

Yeah after another 50+ KL threads of 200 pages each.

Twisted_Dawg
05-26-2019, 08:43 PM
Uncle left out the part about trying to get a front office job with the Spurs.

exstatic
05-26-2019, 08:56 PM
He played in China on a promotional tour, and then shut it down when he got back. Bitchmade.

Spurtacular
05-26-2019, 08:59 PM
Kawhi's a little bitch who ripped the Spurs off for $19 million. That would be one thing; but this fucker wants to be the victim now.

timvp
05-26-2019, 09:02 PM
nothing new under the sun. He could definitely play. Really need that inside info from TimVP, this shit still a mystery

The mistrust surrounding the injury definitely played a prominent role; Uncle Dennis isn't lying about that. It's difficult to point to the exact piece of hay that broke the camel's back but this was up there.

However, the downfall was actually many years in the making. There are layers to it.

The reason I don't say more is that to do so, I'd have to name names. There are like four or five prominent people right in the middle of the drama that media members don't really mention -- or only mention peripherally. Even if I drop vague hints, it'd take ST about five minutes to guess the names.

Everyone I've emailed with regarding further details has come to the same conclusion: not worth the consequences. The people involved would deny it and there's a good chance of being blackballed.

That said, I know some of the ESPN decision makers are now weighing whether to divulge more. With the Raptors in the Finals, they know it'd be a huge story that could be worth the blowback. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance they'll publish it in the next week.

Play Boban
05-26-2019, 09:05 PM
The mistrust surrounding the injury definitely played a prominent role; Uncle Dennis isn't lying about that. It's difficult to point to the exact piece of hay that broke the camel's back but this was up there.

However, the downfall was actually many years in the making. There are layers to it.

The reason I don't say more is that to do so, I'd have to name names. There are like four or five prominent people right in the middle of the drama that media members don't really mention -- or only mention peripherally. Even if I drop vague hints, it'd take ST about five minutes to guess the names.

Everyone I've emailed with regarding further details has come to the same conclusion: not worth the consequences. The people involved would deny it and there's a good chance of being blackballed.

That said, I know some of the ESPN decision makers are now weighing whether to divulge more. With the Raptors in the Finals, they know it'd be a huge story that could be worth the blowback. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance they'll publish it in the next week.
I hope they publish tbh. :wow

Trainwreck2100
05-26-2019, 09:09 PM

I couldn't believe they held it in during the ECF. Even an uncorroborated account of the situation would be gold for them.

apalisoc_9
05-26-2019, 09:09 PM
The Spurs were clearly partly to blame. They treated the best player in the world like hes tobias harris or something

daslicer
05-26-2019, 09:10 PM

Obviously you won't reveal those 4-5 people and I don't blame you for keeping it secret. The fact ESPN doesn't want to mention those 4-5 people makes me believe that #2 was more at fault since ESPN is all about protecting NBA superstar's reputations. They gain more by releasing the truth if it destroys the Spurs more so than if it destroys #2's rep. I remember hearing how ESPN was doing a story on how Magic treated Laker employees like shit and then stopping the story from being released simply because the league told them not to release it.

BWS-1994
05-26-2019, 09:12 PM

:wow

I wonder if past players are involved?

khantot
05-26-2019, 09:14 PM
Why y'all still whining? Move on. The guy's not here anymore. We suck, Toronto rocks. End of story

apalisoc_9
05-26-2019, 09:16 PM
Ginobili for anyone wondering played a bigger part in Kawhis departure than Tony tbh.

He was far more vocal in his disblief about Kawhis injury and was the leader of the lockeroom scene that wanted Kawhi to play regardless of how he felt about his injury.

Realdeal1
05-26-2019, 09:17 PM
Why do they feel it's not worth the consequences? Who does the real story hurt more? Kawhi or Spurs FO ? Or both equally?

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 09:19 PM
The Spurs were clearly partly to blame. They treated the best player in the world like hes tobias harris or something

Pop threw him the keys and made him the face of the franchise. This dude is entitled.

apalisoc_9
05-26-2019, 09:21 PM
Pop threw him the keys and made him the face of the franchise. This dude is entitled.

So he made him the face of franchise but he certainly doesnt know how to treat the face of the franchise. :lmao

Spurs_619
Obviously you won't reveal those 4-5 people and I don't blame you for keeping it secret. The fact ESPN doesn't want to mention those 4-5 people makes me believe that #2 was more at fault since ESPN is all about protecting NBA superstar's reputations. They gain more by releasing the truth if it destroys the Spurs more so than if it destroys #2's rep. I remember hearing how ESPN was doing a story on how Magic treated Laker employees like shit and then stopping the story from being released simply because the league told them not to release it.

You completely misread his post he said 4-5 guys the media doesn't really mention. The most common names brought up are pop, kawhi, and TP. If i were to guess it would be a few people on coaching staff/ front office and maybe a player or two.

dbreiden83080
Ginobili for anyone wondering played a bigger part in Kawhis departure than Tony tbh.

He was far more vocal in his disblief about Kawhis injury and was the leader of the lockeroom scene that wanted Kawhi to play regardless of how he felt about his injury.

And Manu was right. No surgery, you have been rehabbing for 1 year. Get back out there, and play already. He sat out all season. You better be getting surgery for that length of time..

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 09:22 PM
So he made him the face of franchise but he certainly doesnt know how to treat the face of the franchise. :lmao

How so? Because they expected him to play. What is your job? Do they expect you to work?

baseline bum
05-26-2019, 09:35 PM
Fuck Uncle Dennis and his brother.

Realdeal1
05-26-2019, 09:37 PM
Actually the main people talked about in the media regarding kawhi/ Spurs drama were

1) Kahwi
2) Uncle Dennis
3) Pop
4) tony parker
5) Ginobilli
6 ) Danny green
7) Spurs medical staff

Degoat
05-26-2019, 09:44 PM
We need Steve Kerr to stir the pot in these NBA finals and joke about if kawhi is gonna play or if he’s gonna sit out another year lol I would instantly respect him so much :rollin

apalisoc_9
05-26-2019, 09:48 PM
And Manu was right. No surgery, you have been rehabbing for 1 year. Get back out there, and play already. He sat out all season. You better be getting surgery for that length of time..

Manu wasnt right or wrong. He was merely a competitor.

The Organization was in the wrong for making Manu, Tony and the rest of players think that Kawhi was fine and it was just a matter of him not wanting to play.

That completely ruined the relationship between Kawhi and the Org.

But Manu was the most aggressive of all the spurs vets in pursuing kawhi. He was just smarter with words than Tony. In the end, he ended up alienating kawhi too. So I suppose you can say he was partly to blame

rjv
05-26-2019, 09:49 PM
if the downfall was many years in the making then i'd have to say it started with not giving leonard the max after winning the title in '14. i wouldn't be surprised if aldridge was part of the problem either. but, who cares now? leonard is on cloud nine at the moment and his uncle is throwing it in the spurs face now. hopefully, the lesson has been learned on the part of the spurs in regards to how they will handle their current crop of younger players. the claw isn't going to win the title this year anyway and, if he stays with the raptors, he may not get back next year depending on what happens with philly, boston, milwaukee and even the knicks. also, leonard is still having issues with his quad in case anyone hasn't noticed. in the end, the spurs doctors could still prove to be right. also, this only becomes a real loss if leonard goes on to win titles with the raptors. if not, one could only assume that the spurs lost out because they would have beaten GS with leonard (and that wasn't going to happen this year). honestly, no one has had the last word yet.

cool cat
05-26-2019, 09:49 PM
Ok so taking this at face value. Kawhi and his people lost faith in Pop and the Spurs because of the injury. That makes sense, but his group screwing his trade value by saying he will only resign with an LA team is just as bad.

But that’s obviously not the truth because instead of talking with his teammates, him and his group leaked to the media he was coming back in March. It didn’t happen, teammates question him and he ran away.

phxspurfan
05-26-2019, 09:50 PM
He couldn't play yet refused to let us declare him out for the year. After being cleared by doctors with nothing on imaging showing anything wrong, just pain tolerance for any reported soreness.

Pussy ass ninja

ZeusWillJudge
05-26-2019, 09:53 PM
You completely misread his post he said 4-5 guys the media doesn't really mention. The most common names brought up are pop, kawhi, and TP. If i were to guess it would be a few people on coaching staff/ front office and maybe a player or two.

One of them was that jackass who kept trying to get Kawhi to sign an autograph for his daughter.

rjv
05-26-2019, 09:53 PM

The Organization was in the wrong for making Manu, Tony and the rest of players think that Kawhi was fine and it was just a matter of him not wanting to play.

But Manu was the most aggressive of all the spurs vets in pursuing kawhi. He was just smarter with words than Tony. In the end, he ended up alienating kawhi too. So I suppose you can say he was partly to blame

manu would likely still think he was right if he were to have seen leonard playing through the pain this past series because he would have thought this is what he should have done at some point last season. but chances are manu isn't even watching so there's that.

RD2191
05-26-2019, 09:54 PM
One of them was that jackass who kept trying to get Kawhi to sign an autograph for his daughter.

:lmao

RD2191
05-26-2019, 09:55 PM
No way in hell ESPN releases a story.

TDMVPDPOY
05-26-2019, 09:57 PM

dis nigga lol

dbreiden83080
05-26-2019, 09:58 PM

He didn't want to play. This will happen again. You don't punk out like he did, arguing with doctors, hiding from mates, and coaches, and it is 1 and done. This will resurface..

Russ
05-26-2019, 09:59 PM
No way in hell ESPN releases a story.

They might.

Ramona Shelburne is a nosy little (?) thing.

apalisoc_9
05-26-2019, 09:59 PM
When the truth comes out spursfans would deny it tbh.

RD2191
05-26-2019, 10:05 PM
They might.

Ramona Shelburne is a nosy little (?) thing.

Talk about my babe big mona one more time, I dare you.

apalisoc_9
05-26-2019, 10:10 PM
Talk about my babe big mona one more time, I dare you.

My nigga fkla would smash that swine. Hes got a thing for ugly and below average looking cave bitches

rasuo214

Why would ESPN release a negative story to destroy the rep of the guy that is in the Finals? Especially since you believe they are all about protecting NBA superstar's reputations? If anything they'd want to pump him up vs the Warriors. Sell it as some sort of redemption story, redemption for last season, for the injury against the Warriors etc. And when the Finals is over, regardless of result, a full on push to get him to go to LA (mainly the Lakers).

Twisted_Dawg
It's difficult to point to the exact piece of hay that broke the camel's back....

However, the downfall was actually many years in the making. There are layers to it.The reason I don't say more is that to do so, I'd have to name names. There are like four or five prominent people right in the middle of the drama that media members don't really mention -- or only mention peripherally.

With all the minutiae written about Kawhi, I think the player's only meeting was the final straw for Kawhi. Before that he tried to come back and play and was attending games.

Years in the making? Do I recall correctly from prior readings that a Spurs front office person spoke disrespectful to Kawhi pissing him off a couple of years before the injury?

I wonder what blowback ESPN is worried about? We are not the Knicks or Lakers with a lot of power in the league. We are a small market team with perhaps the poorest ownership group in the league. Does ESPN really fear RC Buford? Or even Pop for that matter? We're yesterday's news now.

apalisoc_9
05-26-2019, 10:12 PM
Cough cough peter holt..cough.

spurs1990
05-26-2019, 10:13 PM

I was thinking today why hasn't any media member grilled Leonard on his 2018 behavior and out comes this article with his agent/relative offering some explanation. I understand Leonard is stunted in interaction so I'm looking forward to hearing the entire background of why he departed like he did. And as long as TD isn't one of those 4/5 (and it would be impossible to believe he would be) then all names should be disclosed. Manu can take the heat as he's already been blamed for calling out Leonard last year.

Keepin' it real
05-26-2019, 10:14 PM
I'm outraged. I need a safe space.

weebo
05-26-2019, 10:17 PM

Manu is a Spur and Kawhi is a bitch...Manu played hurt/injured most of his career...so did Timmy...so did Tp...Kawhi had enough rehab and if he wanted to he could have shut it down for the year...the option was on the table ...but he and his group were stringing the Spurs along the entire year...and for players like Manu that has to be frustrating...hell we as fans were frustrated

RD2191
05-26-2019, 10:17 PM
My nigga fkla would smash that swine. Hes got a thing for ugly and below average looking cave bitches

:lmao :lmao

Uriel
05-26-2019, 10:22 PM

It's the ownership group. The Holts.

TDomination
05-26-2019, 10:26 PM
And this is why I hate seeing the raptors succeed. This crap of kawhi won’t stop. And if they end up winning, we’ll probably hear it all year next year. I’m almost expecting it at this point

rasuo214
05-26-2019, 10:27 PM
Manu gets away with a lot. The dude choked in 13 and all of that got pushed onto Kawhi. Fouled Dirk in 06. .4 happened in his face. etc.

apalisoc_9
05-26-2019, 10:28 PM
It's the ownership group. The Holts.

Three years ago, not sure if posters recall..Before the whole dilemma. There was a report that someone in ownership disrespected Kawhi.

I cant recall who it was though. Its very hard to find that thread.

daslicer
05-26-2019, 10:29 PM
Why would ESPN release a negative story to destroy the rep of the guy that is in the Finals? Especially since you believe they are all about protecting NBA superstar's reputations? If anything they'd want to pump him up vs the Warriors. Sell it as some sort of redemption story, redemption for last season, for the injury against the Warriors etc. And when the Finals is over, regardless of result, a full on push to get him to go to LA (mainly the Lakers).

Don't know the point of your post when I actually said this in my original post: The fact ESPN doesn't want to mention those 4-5 people makes me believe that #2 was more at fault since ESPN is all about protecting NBA superstar's reputations. They gain more by releasing the truth if it destroys the Spurs more so than if it destroys #2's rep. I have said for a while the media is sucking him off because they so badly want the Lakers to be relevant again and are hoping he will go there. Granted I think they would still be somewhat happy if he decides to go to the Clippers since they love to be in LA.

apalisoc_9
05-26-2019, 10:32 PM
Don't know the point of your post when I actually said this in my original post: The fact ESPN doesn't want to mention those 4-5 people makes me believe that #2 was more at fault since ESPN is all about protecting NBA superstar's reputations. They gain more by releasing the truth if it destroys the Spurs more so than if it destroys #2's rep. I have said for a while the media is sucking him off because they so badly want the Lakers to be relevant again and are hoping he will go there. Granted I think they would still be somewhat happy if he decides to go to the Clippers since they love to be in LA.

Stop with the imagination :lol

The Spurs were 70% to blame in this situation :lol

ducks
05-26-2019, 10:33 PM
K
Three years ago, not sure if posters recall..Before the whole dilemma. There was a report that someone in ownership disrespected Kawhi.

Yeah and it was not rc and it was not pop
And He never got over it

daslicer
05-26-2019, 10:35 PM

My point was is that it's strange why the media doesn't mention those 4-5 guys. What power does those 4-5 guys have that could posses ESPN not to mention them. Like others have said RC,Pop, and the Spurs are not a powerful organization that has influence in the league like the Lakers,Knicks, and even the Celtics. What would be the problem of them revealing the truth if it paints the Spurs guys in a bad light? That part of it just doesn't make any sent to me. Hell I'm willing to accept the truth even if paints the Spurs in bad light. The fact that they wont' release it makes me suspicious.

Keepin' it real
05-26-2019, 10:36 PM
Manu gets away with a lot. The dude choked in 13 and all of that got pushed onto Kawhi. Fouled Dirk in 06. .4 happened in his face. etc.

Not to mention that his playing for the Argentine national team led to many nagging injuries, even a couple of season ending injuries, that ultimately were costly to the Spurs. Imagine how much more juice he would have had with all those summers off.

In spite of all that, we justifiably love him. He was a net positive, but sure did have many negatives.

daslicer
05-26-2019, 10:37 PM

:lol When it comes to #2 situation you are as credible to me as Fox news when it comes to reporting about Trump. You make up crap in here all the time that is not verifiable You are basically this site's National Enquirer.

rasuo214
05-26-2019, 10:38 PM

Because of the context of your response to timvp? He said he wouldn't be surprised if they released a story on it (potentially naming the 4-5 people) during the Finals and that led you to believe it was something negative about Kawhi? Why would ESPN sit on a negative story on a superstar only to release it during the finals? Your response made no sense, that was the point. If they sat on it then there's no way in hell they'd release it now, the only reason they'd release something now is if it was anti-Spurs/Pop and it propped up Kawhi even further.

RD2191
05-26-2019, 10:39 PM
My point was is that it's strange why the media doesn't mention those 4-5 guys. What power does those 4-5 guys have that could posses ESPN not to mention them. Like others have said RC,Pop, and the Spurs are not a powerful organization that has influence in the league like the Lakers,Knicks, and even the Celtics. What would be the problem of them revealing the truth if it paints the Spurs guys in a bad light? That part of it just doesn't make any sent to me. Hell I'm willing to accept the truth even if paints the Spurs in bad light. The fact that they wont' release it makes me suspicious.

What makes me suspicious is why won't Uncle Dennis and his group release the truth? Makes no sense if it paints PATFO in a bad light? Wouldn't that help Kawhi's reputation? It's just a weird situation. Tbh

FkLA
05-26-2019, 10:39 PM

Hell nah

Don't you put Doris in the same class as Big Mona, tbh.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
05-26-2019, 10:41 PM
Uncle Dennis probably annoyed / pissed off Spurs ownership with his bs .. Spurs ownership then probably said something about uncle Dennis to Kawhi along the lines of " be your own man / keep uncle Dennis out of your/our business" etc and kawhi got offended and sided with his uncle / family then uncle Dennis got in nephews ear to leave the Spurs and started telling him " Spurs are too controlling / pop doesn't respect you / etc etc and then the injury happened which then gave uncle Dennis an excuse and it just got worse worse as the season went on

I agree with this, except there was no injury. He faked it. Just like he was faking it a few games ago.

Uriel
05-26-2019, 10:42 PM

Also saw a poster in this forum say he heard whispers that someone in the ownership group said something that really upset Kawhi. It also lines up with a previous story of Uncle Dennis constantly reminding Kawhi of the disrespectful thing that someone from the Spurs had said about him when he was convincing him to leave.

daslicer
05-26-2019, 10:43 PM
Because of the context of your response to timvp? He said he wouldn't be surprised if they released a story on it (potentially naming the 4-5 people) during the Finals and that led you to believe it was something negative about Kawhi? Why would ESPN sit on a negative story on a superstar only to release it during the finals? Your response made no sense, that was the point. If they sat on it then there's no way in hell they'd release it now, the only reason they'd release something now is if it was anti-Spurs/Pop and it propped up Kawhi even further.

Right so ESPN had this diabolical plan to release the hit piece on the Spurs once #2 got to the Finals when they could have just released this earlier in the year.

daslicer
05-26-2019, 10:44 PM
What makes me suspicious is why won't Uncle Dennis and his group release the truth? Makes no sense if it paints PATFO in a bad light? Wouldn't that help Kawhi's reputation? It's just a weird situation. Tbh

That's pretty much how I feel. Especially if #2 is a hundred percent innocent why wouldn't you want to have the information released?

apalisoc_9
05-26-2019, 10:45 PM
What happend to guys like MaNu4Tres?

Wu36
05-26-2019, 10:50 PM
This story is now linked to KD hiding in broom closets. It’s not about Kawhi. It will be a KD story.

rasuo214
05-26-2019, 10:50 PM
Right so ESPN had this diabolical plan to release the hit piece on the Spurs once #2 got to the Finals when they could have just released this earlier in the year.

ESPN (just like most news organizations) sit on plenty of stories and releases them when they see fit. Why release a hit piece on the Spurs if Kawhi is a shell of himself and never becomes the elite player he was in the past? That just unnecessarily tarnishes a relationship with the Spurs. Just look at the article they released the second the Bucks were eliminated, the one that pissed Giannis off so much that he walked out of an interview. You think it was a coincidence they released that story at that time? They took the first opportunity they had to start churning the Giannis to a major market storyline.

And this all is assuming they even have this story, which we don't even know they do.

KimmyGib
05-26-2019, 10:51 PM
Had the Spurs not traded him, whether or not Kawhi refused to play this year would have been the most revealing. There's a chance a good year together might have helped heal the relationship. Who knows. But to have traded Kawhi when they did will likely end up causing harm to the organization's reputation in more ways than is already apparent.

MaNu4Tres
05-26-2019, 10:51 PM
What happend to guys like MaNu4Tres?

Who cares? Fuck that guy.

Just a vacation my friend.

Go Warriors.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
05-26-2019, 10:56 PM

The 4 time Champion and Olympic gold medal winner who best USA's ass, and played with a broken arm in the playoffs can say whatever the fuck he wants about that lying faggot who faked an injury.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
05-26-2019, 11:02 PM

Exactly

TDomination
05-26-2019, 11:03 PM
Manu is a Spur and Kawhi is a bitch...Manu played hurt/injured most of his career...so did Timmy...so did Tp...Kawhi had enough rehab and if he wanted to he could have shut it down for the year...the option was on the table ...but he and his group were stringing the Spurs along the entire year...and for players like Manu that has to be frustrating...hell we as fans were frustrated

this was a huge issue. If kawhi was saying that he was in pain, and uncle Dennis and them would rather not risk it, why not just shut it down?

they kept saying he was rehabbing towards coming back but he never did.

And someone in kawhis group releases a date, that he was going to come back a game in March against the pelicans or something like that. And Pop didn’t even know about that.

rjv
05-26-2019, 11:10 PM
:lol When it comes to #2 situation you are as credible to me as Fox news when it comes to reporting about Trump. You make up crap in here all the time that is not verifiable You are basically this site's National Enquirer.

testies
05-26-2019, 11:10 PM
Look, we are in the right for sending this fuck out of our organization. We are not the Orlando Magic who will prostitute themselves for a chance at a ring or something.

THe ONLY FUCKING reason Im pissed is that sent him to a fucking conference finalist contender, instead of sending him to Siberia Timberwolves or some shit. Its not like the fucking trade assets matter, we didnt even get any.

rasuo214
05-26-2019, 11:20 PM
Look, we are in the right for sending this fuck out of our organization. We are not the Orlando Magic who will prostitute themselves for a chance at a ring or something.

THe ONLY FUCKING reason Im pissed is that sent him to a fucking conference finalist contender, instead of sending him to Siberia Timberwolves or some shit. Its not like the fucking trade assets matter, we didnt even get any.

Eh at least there's a chance he stays in Toronto vs 100% going to LA. Last thing the Spurs need is him teaming up with Lebron.

TheGreatYacht
05-26-2019, 11:22 PM
Shame on the front office for dropping the ball on the best player since Jordan. Should be a fireable offence, especially to the constant leaker.

Hope Kawhi rings away from Pop's plantation. It will hopefully break the camel's back and cause him to retire and head to the shadows as soon as possible.

With Pop meeting with Kerr 2 days ago, I truly believe the Raptors stand a chance thanks to the horrible game plan he probably gave Kerr.

Damn alcoholic.

daslicer
05-26-2019, 11:32 PM
Shame on the front office for dropping the ball on the best player since Jordan. Should be a fireable offence, especially to the constant leaker.

Hope Kawhi rings away from Pop's plantation. It will hopefully break the camel's back and cause him to retire and head to the shadows as soon as possible.

With Pop meeting with Kerr 2 days ago, I truly believe the Raptors stand a chance thanks to the horrible game plan he probably gave Kerr.

Damn alcoholic.

He's not going anywhere even if #2 rings. That's the stupidest logic that idiots like you use to root for #2. That you guys actually believe Pop/RC will step down if he rings. Use common sense Pop has nothing to live for now since his wife is dead. His job is the only thing that keeps him going.

TDomination
05-26-2019, 11:33 PM
This is Michael C Wright said in his podcast. Goes against what uncle Dennis is saying. Of course the Spurs were expecting kawhi to play when he keeps insisting that he will be back soon.
A week before that, Kawhi told those guys he was going to be back for that game.

And that didn’t happen. And that was the second or third time they had been told something like that and then it didn’t happen. So, they were frustrated.

Kawhi and his people were saying Kawhi is going to be back for this game. That doesn’t happen. He’ll be back for this game. And he’s telling the players, he’s telling R.C. and Pop this is when he’s going to be back. And every time, it was just sort of, ah, nope, pump fake that. And that’s what was happening, so they were getting frustrated about, too.

And that’s why you have the team meeting where they want to know like, “Hey dude. You said you were coming back this time. You said you were coming back this time. When are you coming back?” That’s what that was about.

Twisted_Dawg
05-26-2019, 11:38 PM
He's not going anywhere even if #2 rings. That's the stupidest logic that idiots like you use to root for #2. That you guys actually believe Pop/RC will step down if he rings. Use common sense Pop has nothing to live for now since his wife is dead. His job is the only thing that keeps him going.

And after that horrific trade, what team would hire butt buddy to be their GM. He aint going anywhere either.

daslicer
05-26-2019, 11:40 PM
And after that horrific trade, what team would hire butt buddy to be their GM. He aint going anywhere either.

:lol I would say the Lakers.

LCM
05-26-2019, 11:46 PM
This is Michael C Wright said in his podcast. Goes against what uncle Dennis is saying. Of course the Spurs were expecting kawhi to play when he keeps insisting that he will be back soon.
A week before that, Kawhi told those guys he was going to be back for that game.

And that didn’t happen. And that was the second or third time they had been told something like that and then it didn’t happen. So, they were frustrated.

Kawhi and his people were saying Kawhi is going to be back for this game. That doesn’t happen. He’ll be back for this game. And he’s telling the players, he’s telling R.C. and Pop this is when he’s going to be back. And every time, it was just sort of, ah, nope, pump fake that. And that’s what was happening, so they were getting frustrated about, too.

And that’s why you have the team meeting where they want to know like, “Hey dude. You said you were coming back this time. You said you were coming back this time. When are you coming back?” That’s what that was about.

That is from BACK 2 BACK podcast July 5th 2018. Tom Habostro interviewed Michael C Wright. This podcast is a must listen for any Spurs fan over this situation.

Spurs Homer
05-27-2019, 12:07 AM

Damn alcoholic.

Just join the raptors bandwagon formally already - why the fuck do you continue to post here?

Go fuck yourself and stop pretending you are some kind of spurs fan.

The piece of shit quitter betrayed this franchise.

All he had to do was stfu for ONE SEASON - and then turn down the spurs offer and go play wherever the fuck he wanted.

Instead he took a FULL PAYCHECK

and sat like a pussy in hiding - with no fucking balls to face little tony parker and skinny ass manu and midget patty -

and then hid for a full fucking season. This - will NEVER EVER EVER -

make anyone respect that piece of shit prima donna.

I hated KOBE's ass more than any player in history - but that rapist would have sucked it up after the ZAZA incident and played the entire series.

I hate the warriors more than any team in history - and I refuse to root for them to win over the quitter -

but I also refuse to support or root for this piece of shit quitter and I hope he has a career ending REAL injury.

As a matter of fact - here is the ultimate scenario in the finals.

That Draymond, Curry, Durant & Kawhi all go for a loose ball and collide and all four suffer career ending injuries -

but that is not all -

I hope that while you are watching this - you choke on your goddamn tacos -

and end up in intensive care - and that Kawhi hears about your story and a reporter suggests he visit you in the hospital -

and the quitter refuses to go and just says - "fuck that dik sucker"

go fuck yourself you piece of shit kawhi ball licker.

BackHome
05-27-2019, 12:18 AM
I’ll just be happy if he jets to New York or back to Cali.

JeffDuncan
05-27-2019, 12:30 AM

What is there these days that could cause so much trouble?

Racist remarks?

Uriel
05-27-2019, 12:42 AM
Who cares? Fuck that guy.

Just a vacation my friend.

Go Warriors.
Any more insider info to share?

KimmyGib
05-27-2019, 12:48 AM

Good points. Looking back, Kawhi returning was a carrot-on-a-stick dangling in front of us all season long, even up until the start of the playoffs. It was frustrating as hell, so it's understandable why Manu, Tony, and the others eventually lost patience. Based on their interviews last year, the players themselves didn't seem to know what was really going on.

And there still isn't enough information available to know where to point our fingers. Sure. it's natural for Spur fans to side with the org, in spite of the shortage of facts. But there's definitely more to this story.

Barfunk
05-27-2019, 12:54 AM

Complete bullshit.

Ice009
05-27-2019, 01:03 AM
ESPN (just like most news organizations) sit on plenty of stories and releases them when they see fit. Why release a hit piece on the Spurs if Kawhi is a shell of himself and never becomes the elite player he was in the past? That just unnecessarily tarnishes a relationship with the Spurs. Just look at the article they released the second the Bucks were eliminated, the one that pissed Giannis off so much that he walked out of an interview. You think it was a coincidence they released that story at that time? They took the first opportunity they had to start churning the Giannis to a major market storyline.

And this all is assuming they even have this story, which we don't even know they do.

What article is this on Giannis?

gilmor2002
05-27-2019, 01:26 AM
I think it's the other way round.

Duncan did become the face of the franchise and well-deserved.

Kawhi just doesn't have the right mind and attitude to become the face of the franchise no matter how good a basketball player he is.

This is honeymoon period for Raptors, I don't see Kawhi staying.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
05-27-2019, 02:30 AM
Just join the raptors bandwagon formally already - why the fuck do you continue to post here?

All he had to do was stfu for ONE SEASON - and then turn down the spurs offer and go play wherever the fuck he wanted.

and sat like a pussy in hiding - with no fucking balls to face little tony parker and skinny ass manu and midget patty -

I hated KOBE's ass more than any player in history - but that rapist would have sucked it up after the ZAZA incident and played the entire series.

I hate the warriors more than any team in history - and I refuse to root for them to win over the quitter -

but I also refuse to support or root for this piece of shit quitter and I hope he has a career ending REAL injury.

That Draymond, Curry, Durant & Kawhi all go for a loose ball and collide and all three suffer career ending injuries -

but that is not all -

and end up in intensive care - and that Kawhi hears about your story and a reporter suggests he visit you in the hospital -

:lmao that's actually what I would love to see happen in the Finals too. I can't fuckin root for either team. I hate both motherfuckers so bad

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2019, 03:13 AM

That Draymond, Curry, Durant & Kawhi all go for a loose ball and collide and all three suffer career ending injuries -

but that is not all -

Tldr :lol

Pop sucker on damage control. PATFO treated him like shit, being an alpha, he made crater face fly to California to tell him in his face he wanted out. Now he's in the finals while you lay your hope on instagram baller and his inspiring posts. RC got fleeced PERIOD.

Cryptic Parable
05-27-2019, 04:13 AM
Well without more details this makes the Spurs look bad imo

D-Robinson 50 fan
05-27-2019, 04:26 AM

I remember all this also. I remember at a certain point in the season Pop said to the media at a practice that Kawhi is most likely done for the year because he hasn’t even showed he can practice and that they try to bring people along slowly after practicing by doing 3on3 to 5on5 games. To get their conditioning together so they will not be getting minutes too fast.

Well the next day after Pop said Kawhi is most likely done for the year a report comes out to the media from someone in Kawhi’s camp saying he will play again this season. Smh. It was all so confusing like nobody was on the same page.

D-Robinson 50 fan
05-27-2019, 04:35 AM
I do think since some of the plugged in people on this site are being so vague that some semi racist or insensitive comments were made to Kawhi by higher ups (not Pop) within the Spurs organization which prompted Kawhi to want to leave.

I think Kawhi’s group is not trying to mud sling that much because then it becomes a big he said she said situation. I also think him and Aldridge really didn’t get along that well also. All this is pure speculation from me though.

But I know Kawhi didn’t like that he had to wait to get signed after his rookie deal. I remember reading there was grumbling about Kawhi group not being happy to wait a bit so the team could do some free agent signings.

RC_Drunkford
05-27-2019, 05:26 AM

I totally understand that. I know there were rumblings after 2014 about his extension already. What I'm asking myself are some of those 4-5 people from outside of the organization? Was there some heavy tampering going on? Cause Nate Robinson was on ESPN at some point saying that if Kawhi goes to LA he'll get a massive "bag", probably an endorsement deal. And Kawhi switching his management definitely played into the situation going south.

I also remember somebody saying, I'm not sure if it was you, that Pop said something along the lines of "Kawhi's uncle is destroying everything" or something of that nature. The questions just pile up because Kawhi doesn't seem like trouble at all, so the assumption is always that people were in his ear a lot, influencing his decision making.

It seems like people forget to mention Jonathon Simmons and Dedmon. There were rumors that they were in his ear also, about him being too big to play for the Spurs. Rudy Gay also seemed extremely pissed, although I thought him and Kawhi had a decent relationship back from when he played for the Kings

Manu has every right to be mad at nephew sitting out since he lost body parts for the franchise, played injured in the playoffs, etc. I already thought he would feel a certain way about that. Kawhi's group constantly leaking dates that he will be back, him then not showing up only fueled that. There was one game where he came back to sit behind the bench after media reported that he's never at the games and it looked really awkward. Kawhi was clapping on the sidelines and Pop cracked a joke with him, but all of it seemed super fake.

I still think it all came down to playing through pain, like he did in these playoffs for Toronto. It never seemed like he was injured.

But I know Kawhi didn’t like that he had to wait to get signed after his rookie deal. I remember reading there was grumbling about Kawhi group not being happy to wait a bit so the team could do some free agent signings.

They were kind of mad in 2014 that he had to wait another year to get the max, but to be fair when Jalen Rose announced on ESPN that Kawhi wants out, the major point was that they can't attract any major free agents. So why you mad then when they had you wait 1 year to actually get one who would want to come over?

RC_Drunkford
05-27-2019, 05:32 AM
Shame on the front office for dropping the ball on the best player since Jordan.

Tim Duncan is the best player after Jordan

San Antonio Slayer
05-27-2019, 05:49 AM
did the Raptors offer any front office job to the uncle?

BillMc
05-27-2019, 05:52 AM
Tim Duncan is the best player after Jordan
Yep

Harry Callahan
05-27-2019, 05:57 AM
I do think since some of the plugged in people on this site are being so vague that some semi racist or insensitive comments were made to Kawhi by higher ups (not Pop) within the Spurs organization which prompted Kawhi to want to leave.

I think Kawhi’s group is not trying to mud sling that much because then it becomes a big he said she said situation. I also think him and Aldridge really didn’t get along that well also. All this is pure speculation from me though.

People keep talking about the Spurs not attracting Free Agents. SA got the BIGGEST ONE in LMA after the 14-15 Season. LMA came on board after Nephew could not dominate matt stinkin barnes in the 2015 playoffs.

Perhaps the people are in the Spurs Organization - perhaps not. Perhaps the people are in "the Group". Perhaps the people are in the NBA office in New York. I don't know.

I would not trust what Dennis Robertson says - they guy comes off as a creepy flake. He's been trolling for some kind of NBA job or marketing job that pays more for three or four years. Let's not forget Impact Sports allegedly refused to pay the full 4% commission to Brad Elfus to this day. Impact Sports was supporting various family members of KLs for five years already (Uncle included) per the Elfus lawsuit docs.

Spurs management has been so tight lipped all these years because they don't trust the media anyway right? Leaked information seemed to permeate from the group last year as much as anything - the stuff about providing return dates time after time after time and then not coming back would probably be from Spurs sources. Impact Sports and the Uncle had been planning and poisoning the water since early 2016 - the ink had barely dried on the $95MM max contract nephew had signed and Brad Elfus got fired by Impact Sports. Just look at all the surrogates in the ESPN and Fox Sports arenas backing the "Spurs are mean" mantra. Most of them are former players or people with ties to Nephew's Uncle and his current agent (Cris Carter is at the top of that list - his football agent is #2's current agent).

I don't see how getting blackballed by either group would be a horrible problem now. Especially the Spurs. Harming the Spurs would seem to be a good thing for the West Coast East Coast media. They have already been significantly damages anyway and will not be a serious contender for awhile.

Getting blackballed by sources in the NBA office would be a problem. Getting blackballed by sources in LeBron James sphere of influence would be a BIG problem - he has his tentacles everywhere.

I think the cat will come out of the bag after Leonard signs a contract next month at the latest. ESPN would not have any issues destroying the Spurs Organization - they would have done it already if they have the goods. ESPN is all about protecting players, getting them to go to either coast, and pushing the Social Justice Warrior things. I'm tired of all the secrecy and rumors floating around. Timvp indicates that decision is in process right now. They may need to do it quickly because that series will probably go about 5 games. One man shows do not beat Golden State.

cutewizard
05-27-2019, 06:12 AM

This. Agree.

cutewizard
05-27-2019, 06:14 AM
Bottomline is

Curry >>>>>>>> kawhi

Twisted_Dawg
05-27-2019, 06:44 AM
The max contract that Kawhi signed with San Antonio, did the Spurs initially offer less than the max, and then finally offered the max during negotiations? I thought I recalled something like that, but then again so much has been written about Kawhi things have gotten confusing.

D-Robinson 50 fan
05-27-2019, 06:53 AM
People keep talking about the Spurs not attracting Free Agents. SA got the BIGGEST ONE in LMA after the 14-15 Season. LMA came on board after Nephew could not dominate matt stinkin barnes in the 2015 playoffs.

Perhaps the people are in the Spurs Organization - perhaps not. Perhaps the people are in "the Group". Perhaps the people are in the NBA office in New York. I don't know.

I would not trust what Dennis Robertson says - they guy comes off as a creepy flake. He's been trolling for some kind of NBA job or marketing job that pays more for three or four years. Let's not forget Impact Sports allegedly refused to pay the full 4% commission to Brad Elfus to this day. Impact Sports was supporting various family members of KLs for five years already (Uncle included) per the Elfus lawsuit docs.

Spurs management has been so tight lipped all these years because they don't trust the media anyway right? Leaked information seemed to permeate from the group last year as much as anything - the stuff about providing return dates time after time after time and then not coming back would probably be from Spurs sources. Impact Sports and the Uncle had been planning and poisoning the water since early 2016 - the ink had barely dried on the $95MM max contract nephew had signed and Brad Elfus got fired by Impact Sports. Just look at all the surrogates in the ESPN and Fox Sports arenas backing the "Spurs are mean" mantra. Most of them are former players or people with ties to Nephew's Uncle and his current agent (Cris Carter is at the top of that list - his football agent is #2's current agent).

I don't see how getting blackballed by either group would be a horrible problem now. Especially the Spurs. Harming the Spurs would seem to be a good thing for the West Coast East Coast media. They have already been significantly damages anyway and will not be a serious contender for awhile.

Getting blackballed by sources in the NBA office would be a problem. Getting blackballed by sources in LeBron James sphere of influence would be a BIG problem - he has his tentacles everywhere.

I think the cat will come out of the bag after Leonard signs a contract next month at the latest. ESPN would not have any issues destroying the Spurs Organization - they would have done it already if they have the goods. ESPN is all about protecting players, getting them to go to either coast, and pushing the Social Justice Warrior things. I'm tired of all the secrecy and rumors floating around. Timvp indicates that decision is in process right now. They may need to do it quickly because that series will probably go about 5 games. One man shows do not beat Golden State.

Your comments didn’t really touch on my theory at all so why did you quote it? Lmao.

It’s hard to prove if something wildly inappropriate was said to somebody without others being present or it not being recorded. I’m pretty sure neither the NBA, Kawhi, or the Spurs would want to go through a huge publicly drawn out he said she said situation so that is why neither side is talking about it. It would go against everything this league stands for if it’s some crazy racist, homophobic, sexist shit that was said. The last thing the league would want is info that one of the model franchises was ran this way. Especially after the Donald Sterling situation.

That’s the only reason I could truly see why certain posters are being super vague with their information. Talking about contracts and faking injuries isn’t something that could get people fired or blackballed like timvp and mospur are saying about the info they have.

Honestly If it’s some racist, homophobic, or sexist stuff I would be seriously disappointed and would have to reconsider being a fan of this team if this is the case. Hopefully it isn’t that serious of a situation but I have a bad feeling it is.

Dejounte
05-27-2019, 07:07 AM
Your comments didn’t really touch on my theory at all so why did you quote it? Lmao.

It’s hard to prove if something wildly inappropriate was said to somebody without others being present or it not being recorded. I’m pretty sure neither the NBA, Kawhi, or the Spurs would want to go through a huge publicly drawn out he said she said situation so that is why neither side is talking about it. It would go against everything this league stands for if it’s some crazy racist, homophobic, sexist shit that was said. The last thing the league would want is info that one of the model franchises was ran this way. Especially after the Donald Sterling situation.

That’s the only reason I could truly see why certain posters are being super vague with their information. Talking about contracts and faking injuries isn’t something that could get people fired or blackballed like timvp and mospur are saying about the info they have.

Honestly If it’s some racist, homophobic, or sexist stuff I would be seriously disappointed and would have to reconsider being a fan of this team if this is the case. Hopefully it isn’t that serious of a situation but I have a bad feeling it is.

If it was something racist, homophobic, or racist-- i believe Pop would have retired already. Especially if it was from a higher up, or anyone in the org that matters. If Kawhi heard it from a lower employee, that employee would have been fired by now. Now, if it WAS someone from higher up and theyre trying to cover it up, you would think Pop would show some sort of shame on camera. But not a hint of that was there. I dont think theres anything to your theory given these cases. I really think it was Kawhi and his group being delusional and having an inferiority complex of "me against them" attitude. That one quote by Kawhi of "people tend to agree with this organization more than they would if it was from me" or something along those lines is very telling... I think the Spurs were simply not trying to cater to a group of divas and were sticking to their principles because it means protecting two decades of class vs letting some superstar waltz in and do what they want while not showing an ounce of leadership. Its also very telling that RC Buford would not mention Kawhi at all during the draft combine when he was talking about how Pop is willing to play young players (He mentioned Cory Joseph) if theyre solid. Its as if he has removed Kawhi completely from his memory bank. It is astonishing... If there was a rift, you have to think RC was involved in that somehow with his refusal to say his name. And I think RC stood up against Kawhi and his group on whatever happened.

On a productive standpoint, this debacle caused them to change their culture a bit. For the first time in history of Spurs, they are hiring a full time photographer this offseason to show off their players to the media more. Isnt that kind of odd for a team thats always avoided attention and spotlight? This leads me to believe that it really was Kawhi seeking fame that caused him to leave and theyre trying to avoid the same situation again if another superstar rises up.

CGD
05-27-2019, 07:26 AM
This is some serious imagine cleaning going on. Not saying spurs weren’t at fault at some level, but it’s amusing that they’re whitewashing some of the bitchmadeness that went on last year.

D-Robinson 50 fan
05-27-2019, 07:29 AM
If it was something racist, homophobic, or racist-- i believe Pop would have retired already. Especially if it was from a higher up, or anyone in the org that matters. If Kawhi heard it from a lower employee, that employee would have been fired by now. Now, if it WAS someone from higher up and theyre trying to cover it up, you would think Pop would show some sort of shame on camera. But not a hint of that was there. I dont think theres anything to your theory given these cases. I really think it was Kawhi and his group being delusional and having an inferiority complex of "me against them" attitude. That one quote by Kawhi of "people tend to agree with this organization more than they would if it was from me" or something along those lines is very telling... I think the Spurs were simply not trying to cater to a group of divas and were sticking to their principles because it means protecting two decades of class vs letting some superstar waltz in and do what they want while not showing an ounce of leadership. Its also very telling that RC Buford would not mention Kawhi at all during the draft combine when he was talking about how Pop is willing to play young players (He mentioned Cory Joseph) if theyre solid. Its as if he has removed Kawhi completely from his memory bank. It is astonishing... If there was a rift, you have to think RC was involved in that somehow with his refusal to say his name. And I think RC stood up against Kawhi and his group on whatever happened.

On a productive standpoint, this debacle caused them to change their culture a bit. For the first time in history of Spurs, they are hiring a full time photographer this offseason to show off their players to the media more. Isnt that kind of odd for a team thats always avoided attention and spotlight? This leads me to believe that it really was Kawhi seeking fame that caused him to leave and theyre trying to avoid the same situation again if another superstar rises up.

What you said makes a lot of sense but it isn’t anything that can get people who speak on it blackballed or make the organization look bad like what timvp stated in this thread. He is making it seem like it’s something more nefarious that happened and it involves important people. I know I’m thinking the worse possible situation and hopefully I’m overreacting and it isn’t that serious.

I just wish the the insiders would just say what happened. Don’t post any names at all just state what happened to assist in the cumulative issues that caused Kawhi to want to leave.

Harry Callahan
05-27-2019, 07:34 AM
Robertson is a bad guy. Period. There is nothing humble about him and he is riding the meal ticket. He has been dredging up crap for more than three years via his work at Impact Sports.

A little clarity would be nice for once. Important U.S. government secrets are less protected by the media than the condition of KL's legs.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-27-2019, 07:37 AM
Nothing new here. This is the most plausible alibi if you just want to get the hell out of the Spurs - they followed the story to the teeth

TheChillFactor
05-27-2019, 07:52 AM
Ayo fuck Kawhi. Tim, Pop, Manu, Tony, David, they are all legends, brought us championships over 20 years. This mfer shit on all of them with what he did.

He's a bitch and in retrospect I'm happy he helped get our guys one last title. Fuck him and his uncle. I wish that Compton driveby would have gotten Uncle Dennis too.

Keepin' it real
05-27-2019, 07:53 AM

Snowflake alert!

Grow a pair.

Dejounte
05-27-2019, 07:54 AM
What you said makes a lot of sense but it isn’t anything that can get people who speak on it blackballed or make the organization look bad like what timvp stated in this thread. He is making it seem like it’s something more nefarious that happened and it involves important people. I know I’m thinking the worse possible situation and hopefully I’m overreacting and it isn’t that serious.

I just wish the the insiders would just say what happened. Don’t post any names at all just state what happened to assist in the cumulative issues that caused Kawhi to want to leave.

I just now read timvps post.

"Years in the making" has probably something to do with the Spurs slow to give the reins to Kawhi and him always being in the big 3s shadow.

What probably offended Kawhi is some high executive probably said Kawhi wasnt on their level (yet)

The 4-5 people involved are probably the big 3 themselves saying Kawhi isnt ready. Or that hes an introvert. Or that he has no leadership. Some well known thing that Kawhi and his group probably couldnt accept.

Bottomline, i think pride was the main cause in all these things. This is my theory now.

As far as being blackballed...i think he was just referring to himself(timvp) and not actually people in the Spurs.
timvp, can you give me a little sign if im getting any of this right? ;)

weebo
05-27-2019, 08:06 AM

This is what I meant...all year long we kept getting these damn time tables for his return only to hear that Kawhi was still having pain...not sure if I remember correctly but somewhere around March or April Pop wanted him shut down for the year so the team could get on with it... not have to wait on Kawhi...but he's group kept setting dates for his return...it was at that point where they had the players only meeting...they guys on the team wanted to know if he was in or out...and there's nothing wrong with that...the Spurs could have handled things better (after all not everyone has the same commitment to the city and the Spurs like TD and Manu) but to excuse Kawhi and his group of any wrongdoing is just bias hatred for the Spurs organization

RC_Drunkford
05-27-2019, 08:35 AM
I'd definitely advise people to go back and listen to the back 2 back podcast again

https://backtobackpod.libsyn.com/nerder-she-wrote-kawhi-drama-with-michael-c-wright

Michael C. Wright gives a lot of insider info here:

- Uncle Dennis' demands were RIDICULOUS and UNREALISTIC and the stories that occured with him in the mix are CRAZY and UNBELIEVABLE. So nothing common, just real LaVar Ball shit, if not worse (like hiding from Spurs staff, walking to the ASG through Mardi Gras, etc.)

- He says the relationship went south when Kawhi went to China and the Spurs lost connection to him. They weren't able to reach him anymore. This makes me think that that's probably the point where Uncle Dennis realized how big of a star Kawhi is and came up with the plan to get him to a bigger market

- He says the original thigh contusion stems from March 2016 against the Heat. Kawhi missed 3 games and came back playing looking healthy. I doubt that that was a misdiagnosis that had an effect on his quad 2 years later

- Says Spurs couldn't even find out if their rehab process worked cause they handed over the rehab process to Kawhi's team

- Spurs went out of their way handing over the rehab process to his team and should NOT have done it in hindsight. They gave his team an inch and they took off and went a mile. It's also absolutely not common for an organization to do something like that

- Spurs shielded Kawhi from media and Pop saying "him and his group" was due to Pop really not knowing ANYTHING about how Kawhi's rehab went. Those narratives are just being used as excuses to get out by Kawhi's camp

- Kawhi's team kept announcing dates publicly and to the Spurs on when he will be back. The last one was the home game against NOLA which was also the day of the TEAM PICTURE. So certainly a hoax and just some bullshit to piss the Spurs off even further which then caused the team meeting

- Spurs still wanted to fix the relationship but couldn't get to Kawhi

- Even when he said he wants to be traded they still wanted to keep him

- They asked for the world in trade talks

So all in all I can't really see anything they could've done different. Maybe not handing over the rehab process to Kawhi's team could've prevented all of this, but that's a long shot. They did everything they could do to keep him

Amuseddaysleeper
05-27-2019, 08:41 AM
did the Raptors offer any front office job to the uncle?

I know Ujiri offered him something, nothing big, but uncle Dennis and Ujiri have a great relationship

vavvi
05-27-2019, 08:52 AM
I'd definitely advise people to go back and listen to the back 2 back podcast again

https://backtobackpod.libsyn.com/nerder-she-wrote-kawhi-drama-with-michael-c-wright

- Uncle Dennis' demands were RIDICULOUS and UNREALISTIC and the stories that occured with him in the mix are CRAZY and UNBELIEVABLE. So nothing common, just real LaVar Ball shit, if not worse (like hiding from Spurs staff, walking to the ASG through Mardi Gras, etc.)

- He says the relationship went south when Kawhi went to China and the Spurs lost connection to him. They weren't able to reach him anymore. This makes me think that that's probably the point where Uncle Dennis realized how big of a star Kawhi is and came up with the plan to get him to a bigger market

- He says the original thigh contusion stems from March 2016 against the Heat. Kawhi missed 3 games and came back playing looking healthy. I doubt that that was a misdiagnosis that had an effect on his quad 2 years later

- Says Spurs couldn't even find out if their rehab process worked cause they handed over the rehab process to Kawhi's team

- Spurs went out of their way handing over the rehab process to his team and should NOT have done it in hindsight. They gave his team an inch and they took off and went a mile. It's also absolutely not common for an organization to do something like that

- Spurs shielded Kawhi from media and Pop saying "him and his group" was due to Pop really not knowing ANYTHING about how Kawhi's rehab went. Those narratives are just being used as excuses to get out by Kawhi's camp

- Kawhi's team kept announcing dates publicly and to the Spurs on when he will be back. The last one was the home game against NOLA which was also the day of the TEAM PICTURE. So certainly a hoax and just some bullshit to piss the Spurs off even further which then caused the team meeting

So all in all I can't really see anything they could've done different. Maybe not handing over the rehab process to Kawhi's team could've prevented all of this, but that's a long shot. They did everything they could do to keep him

This is how I'd like it to be.

spursparker9
05-27-2019, 09:06 AM

So in a nutshell is:
1) Fuck Uncle Dennis for fucking the whole stuff up
2) Fuck Nephew for being loyal to Uncle Dennis and not being his own man.

100% fault/blame is on Nephew and his uncle and his camp.

Pop, Front offices, Holt had did whatever they could and right by Nephew and still get fucked by Nephew and his camp

r0drig0lac
05-27-2019, 09:11 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/5i7umUqAOYYEw/giphy.gif

D-Robinson 50 fan
05-27-2019, 09:41 AM

"Years in the making" has probably something to do with the Spurs slow to give the reins to Kawhi and him always being in the big 3s shadow.

What probably offended Kawhi is some high executive probably said Kawhi wasnt on their level (yet)

The 4-5 people involved are probably the big 3 themselves saying Kawhi isnt ready. Or that hes an introvert. Or that he has no leadership. Some well known thing that Kawhi and his group probably couldnt accept.

Bottomline, i think pride was the main cause in all these things. This is my theory now.

As far as being blackballed...i think he was just referring to himself(timvp) and not actually people in the Spurs.
timvp (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8), can you give me a little sign if im getting any of this right? ;)

I could see Tim, Tony, and Manu thinking Kawhi needed to be a more vocal leader and thinking that he isn’t ready to be a leader until he gets better with that. I still don’t think that is something to be so vague about and timvp could’ve just said it’s people who felt that way and kept it moving. Lmao.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he felt he wasn’t getting star treatment while playing for the Spurs. The Spurs and Pop always had his back and gave him public and private praise but Pop also was hard on him like ever other player he coaches. So maybe Kawhi didn’t like that privately especially when hearing how other stars are treated.

I’m tired of hearing about this stuff with Kawhi but it’s hard not to hear about it now. Then after seeing timvp state cryptically some of the info he knows it just makes me want to find out what happened instead of just moving on.

daslicer
05-27-2019, 09:50 AM
Robertson is a bad guy. Period. There is nothing humble about him and he is riding the meal ticket. He has been dredging up crap for more than three years via his work at Impact Sports.

A little clarity would be nice for once. Important U.S. government secrets are less protected by the media than the condition of KL's legs.

I feel the Mueller report is less protected than the #2 report. It's hard for me to believe this can be hidden forever.

Clipper Nation
05-27-2019, 09:51 AM

I find that hard to believe. Manu was a great teammate and leader, unlike that selfish egomaniac Porker.

jjktkk
05-27-2019, 09:52 AM
Its a real shame a great player like Leonard could not handle the pressure of carrying on the Spur's championship tradition. If he's smart he should resign with the Raptors. If he signs with the Lakers or Clippers, he'll shrink under the pressure of playing in L.A..

Murray2k
05-27-2019, 10:02 AM
Winning really cures all.. As long as Kawhi plays at this level Spurs will be seen as the villain in this story by the majority unfortunately.

Spurs Homer
05-27-2019, 10:04 AM
Tldr :lol

Pop sucker on damage control. PATFO treated him like shit, being an alpha, he made crater face fly to California to tell him in his face he wanted out. Now he's in the finals while you lay your hope on instagram baller and his inspiring posts. RC got fleeced PERIOD.

Idiot.

This is not about Pop - at least Pop had the balls to show he cared by going out to Cali and meet the piece of shit coward who had zero integrity to even meet pop halfway -

after Pop had basically shaped Kawhi from a no shooting defensive semi specialist -into a complete player by having his staff correct his jump shot.

Pop also turned over the keys to the offense to Kawhi - even though Pop had older more established all stars and hall of famers - and how does your hero repay him?

By turning his back on an entire franchise because an old washed up player pointed out he was faking his injury and truthfully telling the world his injury was 100 times worse.

A real man would have shown up to camp - go into the locker room - and tell Parker to stfu - and gtfo of HIS team now.

I guarantee - at least Parker and the rest of the team would have respected the quitters toughness and balls.

Instead the pussy ran away and tried to get to L.A. - via toronto -

GTFO of here with that weak shit.

At least the Spurs are proven 5 time champs with respected hall of famers. There is zero reason to jump off the team for a piece of shit quitter and a traitor -

but you were never really a Spurs fan anyway - so gtfo - and go suck some more quitter nutsack.

spursparker9
05-27-2019, 10:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM7xJMovXjc

Skip recapping the entire Kawhi incident...

Russ
05-27-2019, 10:17 AM
This morning, Stephen A. Smith on First Take says "the Spurs look very bad today."

"For that stuff to be said right now, with Uncle Dennis coming out and publicly stating it the way that he did, that is not a good look for the San Antonio Spurs, there's no way around that."

Max Kellerman adds, "the San Antonio Spurs were imperfect, they made a miscalculation. . . Kawhi Leonard was hurt"

Kellerman contrasts the way Toronto handled it with "load management."

Kellerman further notes that Danny Green stuck up for Kawhi regarding "the team meeting" then Green also got shipped off to Toronto.

"The way they handled it, it seems to me, was wrong and I think Kawhi is proving that right now."

Mugen
05-27-2019, 10:21 AM
:lol And it'll just be the media taking the Spurs down for the foreseeable future, especially if Nephew rings....

Meanwhile the organization won't say anything or defend themselves. Probably just a "we congratulate Danny and Kawhi and the Raptors organization" on their championship kind of thing....

r0drig0lac
05-27-2019, 10:25 AM

timvp, can you give me a little sign if im getting any of this right? ;)
no doubt about this

Harry Callahan
05-27-2019, 10:26 AM
Shannon Sharpe really is a dunce. He throws out the "i'm a former athlete card" and that is supposed to override any divergent opinion. Please.

RC_Drunkford
05-27-2019, 10:31 AM
Idiot.

This is not about Pop - at least Pop had the balls to show he cared by going out to Cali and meet the piece of shit coward who had zero integrity to even meet pop halfway -

after Pop had basically shaped Kawhi from a no shooting defensive semi specialist -into a complete player by having his staff correct his jump shot.

Pop also turned over the keys to the offense to Kawhi - even though Pop had older more established all stars and hall of famers - and how does your hero repay him?

By turning his back on an entire franchise because an old washed up player pointed out he was faking his injury and truthfully telling the world his injury was 100 times worse.

A real man would have shown up to camp - go into the locker room - and tell Parker to stfu - and gtfo of HIS team now.

I guarantee - at least Parker and the rest of the team would have respected the quitters toughness and balls.

At least the Spurs are proven 5 time champs with respected hall of famers. There is zero reason to jump off the team for a piece of shit quitter and a traitor -

but you were never really a Spurs fan anyway - so gtfo - and go suck some more quitter nutsack.

this x 100

:lol And it'll just be the media taking the Spurs down for the foreseeable future, especially if Nephew rings....

Meanwhile the organization won't say anything or defend themselves. Probably just a "we congratulate Danny and Kawhi and the Raptors organization" on their championship kind of thing....

I never understood why they let the media throw them under the bus like that and don't do anything about it

daslicer
05-27-2019, 10:34 AM
Shannon Sharpe really is a dunce. He throws out the "i'm a former athlete card" and that is supposed to override any divergent opinion. Please.

I don't even bother to watch that clown show. Both Skip and Shannon are too cartoony and childish for me.

Spurs Homer
05-27-2019, 10:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM7xJMovXjc

Skip recapping the entire Kawhi incident...

Skip pretty much nailed it.

Kawhi is being defended by other people with the same amount of integrity as Kawhi -

which is to say - zero integrity.

Fuck the quitter - give me a warrior anyday.

Spurs will be alright - they can just keep plugging along - and pretty soon these same media faggots will be uttering that phrase;

"why won't this team just die already?"

Season is over - the two hated teams are in the finals - no reason to watch that -

can't wait for a new spurs season later this year - it will be another great season full of challenges.

Spurs will end up at the top again soon where they belong because they do things the right way.

rasuo214
05-27-2019, 10:36 AM
What article is this on Giannis?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26814021/bucks-elimination-puts-focus-giannis-future-milwaukee He walked out after the reporter who wrote that article asked him a question during the postgame.

And it looks like the media is already starting with the anti-Spurs spin. Skip will defend the Spurs but he has looked like a crazed anti-Kawhi lunatic for all of his antics this post-season so his credibility is less than zero.

Mugen
05-27-2019, 10:46 AM
Obviously just speculating but I'm of the same mind that timvp is alluding to guys like Manu, Patty, and Rudy not getting enough of the blame for the relationship going south. Definitely higher ups like ownership were involved as well as leadership of the medical staff.

The players specifically the Big 3 playing a big role also fits into the narrative that this has been going on for a few years now...they were probably telling Kawhi about Spurs culture and how everything must be done in a certain way....and Kawhi/Dennis said fuck that....(I don't really blame him for that tbh)

I think Pop and RC were probably the last bridge from the organization to Kawhi and his group and they couldn't even salvage it...Pop's only culpability is empowering guys like Manu and TP the power to affect the long-term future of the franchise....

I think it went something along the lines of the following timeline:
-Kawhi pissed that he had to wait for a max extension (getting rid of his agent, etc., Dennis using this to plant the seed)
-Bunch of little injuries along the way (partly due to Kawhi being injury prone, Dennis using this to plant the seed about the medical staff)
-Medical staff clearing him saying he just has to play through the pain (Dennis and Kawhi saying F that, these guys don't have our best interest in the long-term)
-The players starting to question him and asking WTF is going on....
-The FO saying we need to see him healthy and committed before offering a supermax (the final straw tbh)....

What we're seeing now is pretty much the medical staff being right that he just has to play through the pain as well as Kawhi/Dennis being vindicated that talent surpasses everything in the league and that Kawhi really needed the rest to be comfortable from a mental perspective.....

Unfortunately, if the Raptors ring, the narrative will always be that the Spurs were dishonest and royally fucked up the entire situation. If the Dubs win then I think most of it goes away and we're back at square 1 and Kawhi leaving for LA...

Welp, it is what it is....nothing you could do at this point tbh.
-

RC_Drunkford
05-27-2019, 10:54 AM
Obviously just speculating but I'm of the same mind that timvp (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8) is alluding to guys like Manu, Patty, and Rudy not getting enough of the blame for the relationship going south.

Not Patty, Kawhi hugged him after the Spurs curbstomped the Raptors in the AT&T Center. They still good

acoelho1
05-27-2019, 10:56 AM
A few thoughts. First, I don't get all this cloak & dagger secrecy on what really occurred during this saga and I don't really believe ESPN is simply holding the story in order to avoid being blackballed. The Spurs (given their small market status) need ESPN more than they need them so it doesn't really make much sense. Additionally, this is not the same situation like when Jordan blackballed SI since Leonard hardly ever does media and has nowhere near the clout in the league. The Spurs also generally keep things tight to the vest and without controversy so it's not like Wright will lose any consequential stories in the future. Plus whatever happen to being a journalist and putting out probably the most controversial story to come out of the Spurs organization ever!

Secondly, the current injury looks to be the same quad issue he had last year so what's the difference in terms of gutting it out for the Raptors but not playing for the Spurs. The media story was always a misdiagnosis and Kawhi's doctors know best but it's been more than a year since Leonard's doctors have done anything with him but here we are, back with what appears to be the same injury. It's even more suspicious that the Raptors and Leonard won't comment on the injury itself. Also, outside of this Yahoo article, I haven't heard a peep from ESPN or TNT on the apparent contradiction. Nobody has said that this is a new injury or even supposed that it was the same injury as last year.

One thing that seems evident is that the relationship had started to fracture prior to 2017 season and the Wright podcast gave some insights on the issues. I get that Uncle Dennis played a significant role but Kawhi is grown man so it's safe to assume he knew these actions were creating a rift. However, if the uncle was manipulating the situation to manufacture this issue, the Spurs should have played it smarter. It's hard to assess this situation because of the missing pieces because some are concerned about be blackballed but again, it's hard to see a risk given the Spurs are never ones to be controversial so you are not going to miss any substantive stories . Perhaps there will be a 30 for 30 10 years from now.

FkLA
05-27-2019, 11:00 AM
I still don't buy their sob story. The comments from the Spurs that were made didn't lead to him wanting out, they were a result of the writing on the wall that he was trying to push his way out. All this talk about relationships and trust when the biggest driving force was the desire to build his brand. Nephew had been rocking his Klaw gear for years, before he was even a bonafide superstar. If it was a trust/relationship thing why did the Uncle demand LA and only LA?

Spurs fever
05-27-2019, 11:11 AM

I listened to the podcast when it first came out. Everything you said is true, but then why did Michael C Wright just say a few days ago both sides have blame?

daslicer
05-27-2019, 11:15 AM
I listened to the podcast when it first came out. Everything you said is true, but then why did Michael C Wright just say a few days ago both sides have blame?

Wright has now just stated that it was nobody's fault just a big misunderstanding.

Twisted_Dawg
05-27-2019, 11:16 AM
Did the Spurs get a second opinion from another prominent medical group who confirmed the Spur doctor's diagnosis? I seem to have recalled reading it, but then again maybe not. And then the NBA league doctors in NY also examined him and confirmed the Spur doctor's diagnosis. It's then that Kawhi sought out his own medical evaluation. That one big national writer said Kawhi went doctor shopping and saw several doctors.

So when and how did the injury happen? He rehabbed the ankle in SA after the 2017 playoffs, went to China in late summer and apparently had no problems. But he shows up at training camp with an injured quad and demands that his doctors take charge of the rehab. Then goes completely flakey from that point on.

So what happened between China and training camp that caused the injury or the quad to flare?

Russ
05-27-2019, 11:18 AM
Secondly, the current injury looks to be the same quad issue he had last year so what's the difference in terms of gutting it out for the Raptors but not playing for the Spurs.

Kawhi is playing now for one reason -- he's going to be a FA and wants teams to think he's healthy and worth a big contract.

That was not the case last season with the Spurs.

weebo
05-27-2019, 11:20 AM
Idiot.

he's a laker fan just masquerading as a spur fan bro

daslicer
05-27-2019, 11:21 AM
A few thoughts. First, I don't get all this cloak & dagger secrecy on what really occurred during this saga and I don't really believe ESPN is simply holding the story in order to avoid being blackballed. The Spurs (given their small market status) need ESPN more than they need them so it doesn't really make much sense. Additionally, this is not the same situation like when Jordan blackballed SI since Leonard hardly ever does media and has nowhere near the clout in the league. The Spurs also generally keep things tight to the vest and without controversy so it's not like Wright will lose any consequential stories in the future. Plus whatever happen to being a journalist and putting out probably the most controversial story to come out of the Spurs organization ever!

Secondly, the current injury looks to be the same quad issue he had last year so what's the difference in terms of gutting it out for the Raptors but not playing for the Spurs. The media story was always a misdiagnosis and Kawhi's doctors know best but it's been more than a year since Leonard's doctors have done anything with him but here we are, back with what appears to be the same injury. It's even more suspicious that the Raptors and Leonard won't comment on the injury itself. Also, outside of this Yahoo article, I haven't heard a peep from ESPN or TNT on the apparent contradiction. Nobody has said that this is a new injury or even supposed that it was the same injury as last year.

One thing that seems evident is that the relationship had started to fracture prior to 2017 season and the Wright podcast gave some insights on the issues. I get that Uncle Dennis played a significant role but Kawhi is grown man so it's safe to assume he knew these actions were creating a rift. However, if the uncle was manipulating the situation to manufacture this issue, the Spurs should have played it smarter. It's hard to assess this situation because of the missing pieces because some are concerned about be blackballed but again, it's hard to see a risk given the Spurs are never ones to be controversial so you are not going to miss any substantive stories . Perhaps there will be a 30 for 30 10 years from now.

To me it drives me nuts how the truth has been covered up in this story. It's not like its some government scandal that public information can't be released.

Mugen
05-27-2019, 11:24 AM
The big bad Spurs causing so much mistrust that it made a grown man hide in a supply closet :lol

DPG21920
05-27-2019, 11:26 AM
To me it drives me nuts how the truth has been covered up in this story. It's not like its some government scandal that public information can't be released.

Look, in any industry, but especially sports where information is king these things are weighed carefully. Besides that, when the story involves perhaps going after people with otherwise great reputations and lots of connections that are held in high regard around the league that is also weighed.

daslicer
05-27-2019, 11:28 AM
The big bad Spurs causing so much mistrust that it made a grown man hide in a supply closet :lol

He also scared of a guy who was several inches smaller than him along with weighing probably 80 pounds less than him and took it personal when he said his injury was worse than his.

daslicer
05-27-2019, 11:31 AM
Look, in any industry, but especially sports where information is king these things are weighed carefully. Besides that, when the story involves perhaps going after people with otherwise great reputations and lots of connections that are held in high regard around the league that is also weighed.

I see what you are saying but TBH I have never seen anything that has been covered up like this in Sports. I'm not just talking about the NBA, but all the sports leagues. The only thing I can think of that comes close is the Patriot's scandal with Spy Games.

DJR210
05-27-2019, 11:33 AM
Will Uncle Dennis allow his nephew to come back if we agree to make him the team doctor?

Russ
05-27-2019, 11:37 AM
Winning really cures all.. As long as Kawhi plays at this level Spurs will be seen as the villain in this story by the majority unfortunately.

Absolutely.

The world loves winners more than those who just fought the good fight.

They write the history books.

Be prepared for a summer of Spurs-bashing . . .

DPG21920
05-27-2019, 11:41 AM
Absolutely.

The world loves winners more than those who just fought the good fight.

They write the history books.

Be prepared for a summer of Spurs-bashing . . .

And that is what is so stupid about this. People are acting like SA or their fans are retroactively hating on Kawhi’s game. No. Everyone knew how good he was.

Him winning isn’t some big “F U” to all the haters in SA. People are mad about HOW this all went down, not about the player he is.

DPG21920
05-27-2019, 11:43 AM
I see what you are saying but TBH I have never seen anything that has been covered up like this in Sports. I'm not just talking about the NBA, but all the sports leagues. The only thing I can think of that comes close is the Patriot's scandal with Spy Games.

It’s not really covered up; the story is mostly out there. Its about getting down to the nitty gritty and naming names. But ultimately the majority of stuff is out there. What is not out there is the laid out, step-by-step scenarios chronologically laid out.

LCM
05-27-2019, 11:53 AM
Wright has now just stated that it was nobody's fault just a big misunderstanding.

Michael C Wright on his own twitter feed on April 28th stated he is leaving ESPN later in the summer after 9 years. His contract isn't up yet, hasn't secured possible future employment so he'll say what ESPN wants him to say at this point.

Beartrucci
05-27-2019, 11:54 AM
ESPN gonna be taking a huge shit all over Spurs today, starting with First Take. Rachel Nichols will probably have S-Jax on The Jump tomorrow :lol everyone is loving this so much, what a low point for the Spurs

ECOV
05-27-2019, 12:02 PM
Ehhh they can talk shit all they want that's all they ever did to the spurs anyway

absoloot66
05-27-2019, 12:03 PM
So what happened between China and training camp that caused the injury or the quad to flare?

I recall murmurs/speculation during 17-18 season that he'd possibly over-trained during his legendary summer workouts.

dg7md
05-27-2019, 12:04 PM
Porker ran him out, sorry it is the truth. Good luck to Kawhi in his future on the Raps or in LA.

Beartrucci
05-27-2019, 12:07 PM
Ehhh they can talk shit all they want that's all they ever did to the spurs anyway

It's different because the Spurs actually deserve it this time to some extent. To what extent it's hard to know without more info, but it's pretty obvious they deserve blame along with Kawhi and Co.

Realdeal1
05-27-2019, 12:12 PM
Did Timmy , Manu, and Tony haze and bully little kahwi ? Like what are we 12 years old? Is that what kawhi is so butt hurt about ?

Realdeal1
05-27-2019, 12:16 PM
The media is gonna shit on the Spurs all week and all summer if kawhi rings ..uncle Dennis talking about the Spurs AFTER kawhi makes the finals was a calculated move on uncle Dennis / kawhi camp.. the only thing that will ease the blow is for kawhi to come up short in the finals and leave Toronto

weebo
05-27-2019, 12:18 PM
Wonder what Demar is up to these days :lol

Harry Callahan
05-27-2019, 12:26 PM
No wonder I see nothing from michael c. wright. He is being kicked to the curb by ESPN. Now that is a classy organization isn't it?

If you posters would take a little time today and listen to the Podcast MC Wright did last july 5 2018 you would be better informed - I think is is posted on the big KL thread. I just did (for a second time) and it is crazy how unprofessional Uncle Dennis was (and is). Just because he is lower profile than Lavar Ball still doesn't hide the widely held opinion that he is a loon.

Winning the NBA championship for Toronto DOES NOT MAKE YOU RIGHT. I see a great player with physical issues still and his doctors have been controlling everything for TWO years.

They want their money and they want to do what they want - by any means necessary. I can understand why the Spurs org grew weary of dealing with this "group" of clowns. They wanted out and they wanted to harm the organization while they were at it. Integrity my ass Cris Carter.

Realdeal1
05-27-2019, 12:27 PM
Wonder what Demar is up to these days :lol

hopefully this motivates derozan to stop sucking and to improve his game *cough *get a 3 pt shot *cough ... I like derozan but this needs to light a fire in him .. he's being talked about to this whole week by Toronto fans /media and it ain't good for him either

Spurs Homer
05-27-2019, 12:30 PM
Want to shut this bitch uncle up?

ask him if this means kawhitter is signing with toronto?

ask him to advise kawhitter to re-sign right now!

RC_Drunkford
05-27-2019, 12:37 PM
hopefully this motivates derozan to stop sucking and to improve his game *cough *get a 3 pt shot *cough ... I like derozan but this needs to light a fire in him .. he's being talked about to this whole week by Toronto fans /media and it ain't good for him either

yeah right, just like Masaij telling him he won't be traded and then trades him a few days after. You mean that kind of fire? He'll be in the jack in the box parking lot crying, not in the gym

RC_Drunkford
05-27-2019, 12:38 PM
Cris Carter certainly knows a few things about integrity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wy4LJKOnnc

Harry Callahan
05-27-2019, 12:44 PM
RCD putting things in perspective for CC the Coke man. What a dirtbag.

daslicer
05-27-2019, 12:47 PM
ESPN gonna be taking a huge shit all over Spurs today, starting with First Take. Rachel Nichols will probably have S-Jax on The Jump tomorrow :lol everyone is loving this so much, what a low point for the Spurs

:lol I'm sure as a pathetic #2 bootlicker that you are definitely enjoying this.

florige
05-27-2019, 12:47 PM

If all the years of him sucking in the playoffs when he was in Toronto didn’t motivate him to better his game nothing will.

Harry Callahan
05-27-2019, 12:51 PM
Bashing DDR does nothing here. San Antonio was trying to get something last summer and the other teams did not trust KL's team either.

If you watch the games you can see a lot of heavy lifting had to be done for a long time by DDR - Siacum is a much better player now than he was last year. Lebron got old and left the EC as well.

I know Leonard is a better player, but he poisoned the relationship in SA with the trade demand and prevented SA from playing things out and getting like 85cents on the dollar rather than 60-70 cents. A "good" trade was simply not available last summer with the I want out demand.

The Sixers, Celtics, Knicks blew it.

Spurs fever
05-27-2019, 12:58 PM
It hurts seeing the media rape us. Only Skip is defending us but I feel he's coming across as a bitter rather than laying down facts with research. I feel if he really wanted to defend the Spurs he could do better with more research. I'm hearing people say Shannon owned him by using Parker's comments.

Beartrucci
05-27-2019, 12:58 PM
:lol I'm sure as a pathetic #2 bootlicker that you are definitely enjoying this.

Actually I'm not at all. Hate to see the Spurs in this situation. Pretty pissed at UD/Kawhi camp for strategically coming out with that quote right now after ECF win.

Barfunk
05-27-2019, 01:00 PM
This morning, Stephen A. Smith on First Take says "the Spurs look very bad today."

"For that stuff to be said right now, with Uncle Dennis coming out and publicly stating it the way that he did, that is not a good look for the San Antonio Spurs, there's no way around that."

Max Kellerman adds, "the San Antonio Spurs were imperfect, they made a miscalculation. . . Kawhi Leonard was hurt"

Kellerman contrasts the way Toronto handled it with "load management."

Kellerman further notes that Danny Green stuck up for Kawhi regarding "the team meeting" then Green also got shipped off to Toronto.

"The way they handled it, it seems to me, was wrong and I think Kawhi is proving that right now."

Bull fucking shit! Stephen A Smith has ALWAYS hated the Spurs deep down! Fuck Stephen A Smith! Dude is a big market loving, huge fucking faggot! Everybody on ESPN hates the Spurs! It's not a secret!

pad300
05-27-2019, 01:00 PM

On this site?!? Make yourself an alias, "ESPNGUY" would be a suggestion, and troll away...

Ok, I'm with ESPN, and a closet Spurs fan. This is the real story that ESPN has been suppressing to save Kawhi's reputation...

Just don't forget to log out of your main account.

SanAntonioSpurs23
05-27-2019, 01:03 PM
Fuck that Faggot, go Worriers!

Murray2k
05-27-2019, 01:03 PM
It hurts seeing the media rape us. Only Skip is defending us but I feel he's coming across as a bitter rather than laying down facts with research. I feel if he really wanted to defend the Spurs he could do better with more research. I'm hearing people say Shannon owned him by using Parker's comments.

Skip is a broken man too :lmao

daslicer
05-27-2019, 01:04 PM
On this site?!? Make yourself an alias, "ESPNGUY" would be a suggestion, and troll away...

Just don't forget to log out of your main account.

Even if Timvp did this I'm sure the guys who gave him the info would suspect that he leaked it out to ESPNGUY or that he's ESPNGUY since Timvp is the creator of this site. Best place to leak out this information would be on another forum such as Reddit.

Barfunk
05-27-2019, 01:05 PM
Stephen A Smith is the one that replied "Too Bad!" when someone said "you can't catch and shoot with only .4 seconds on the clock." Fuck that piece of shit faggot. He would worship the the Dallas Cowboys if they were the "Los Angeles Cowboys" instead. Fuck him, fuck him, fuck him. And fuck anybody else who is trying to twist this and make it seem like faggot Dennis and Kawhi were the victims.

daslicer
05-27-2019, 01:05 PM
https://twitter.com/Yeauxsemite/status/1132611630897029122

Skip is a broken man too :lmao

Agreed. I can't even watch Skip's rants it's too cringe worthy. He's in a position that he's not going to ever look good at going against #2's current large sea of momentum. It's too big right now to go up against.

Murray2k
05-27-2019, 01:12 PM
Agreed. I can't even watch Skip's rants it's too cringe worthy. He's in a position that he's not going to ever look good at going against #2's current large sea of momentum. It's too big right now to go up against.

Yeah there's nothing that can be done now, will get even worse if Kawhi rings.. Only way is if Spurs defends themselves which won't happen or if they get good(WCF at least) quickly. If Kawhi continues to dominate and Spurs are looking mediocre or worse people will continue to laugh, I'm resigned to that.

Have to just move on and focus on ourselves, Kawhi is too good to fail.

Harry Callahan
05-27-2019, 01:13 PM

Shannon Sharpe owns no one - I saw the segment. Shannon is performing his role in the mush-mouthed ham handed fashion we have all grown to know and love. I think that Sharpe is much less of a dirtbag than Cris "Coke" Carter - I will give him that.

daslicer
05-27-2019, 01:24 PM
Yeah there's nothing that can be done now, will get even worse if Kawhi rings.. Only way is if Spurs defends themselves which won't happen or if they get good(WCF at least) quickly. If Kawhi continues to dominate and Spurs are looking mediocre or worse people will continue to laugh, I'm resigned to that.

Have to just move on and focus on ourselves, Kawhi is too good to fail.

Eventually this will pass regardless of how successful #2 is. The media back in the day eventually stopped talking about the Magic/Shaq feud around 2000. This is still fresh right now since it was recent. Within a few years it won't be talked about. As great as #2 is it's hard to win a ton of rings in this current league unless you form a super team. Look at Lebron he's still stuck on 3. #2 can definitely ring but I don't see him having a dynastic type of run. Plus he's not charismatic enough to be the face of the league regardless of the market he plays in. The fact of the matter the Spurs storyline is being pushed by these guys to make #2 more interesting since there is nothing else about him that is interesting.

pad300
05-27-2019, 01:36 PM
Even if Timvp did this I'm sure the guys who gave him the info would suspect that he leaked it out to ESPNGUY or that he's ESPNGUY since Timvp is the creator of this site. Best place to leak out this information would be on another forum such as Reddit.

Actually, I didn't think this through when I posted this. Given this site, it's pretty much guaranteed that there will be an ESPNGUY troll by tomorrow...

Harry Callahan
05-27-2019, 01:37 PM

Where did he say that? I'm not seeing it.....

EricB
05-27-2019, 01:38 PM
Baghdad Bob levels of BS, but whatever.

Harry Callahan
05-27-2019, 01:39 PM
Eventually this will pass regardless of how successful #2 is. The media back in the day eventually stopped talking about the Magic/Shaq feud around 2000. This is still fresh right now since it was recent. Within a few years it won't be talked about. As great as #2 is it's hard to win a ton of rings in this current league unless you form a super team. Look at Lebron he's still stuck on 3. #2 can definitely ring but I don't see him having a dynastic type of run. Plus he's not charismatic enough to be the face of the league regardless of the market he plays in. The fact of the matter the Spurs storyline is being pushed by these guys to make #2 more interesting since there is nothing else about him that is interesting.

Nephew is not going to be "right" physically in the future on a consistent basis. This playoff run has greatly worn him down. If he has another long series with Golden State he might need a year off again to recover.

daslicer
05-27-2019, 01:39 PM
Where did he say that? I'm not seeing it.....

Someone posted the link to him saying it either in this thread or another one.

Harry Callahan
05-27-2019, 01:41 PM
Someone posted the link to him saying it either in this thread or another one.

If you locate it, let me know.

daslicer
05-27-2019, 01:41 PM
Nephew is not going to be "right" physically in the future on a consistent basis. This playoff run has greatly worn him down. If he has another long series with Golden State he might need a year off again to recover.

I hope you are right. It would be nice to see this guy's career end soon.

DAF86
05-27-2019, 01:47 PM

Which names could they be more than Pop, RC, Spurs' owners, Kawhi's managers and maybe one or two Spurs players?

JohnnyMax
05-27-2019, 01:49 PM
greg popovich gets away with a lot of stuff that most coaches can't. he tried to ruin kawhi's reputation in the league and failed.

Jonnyblue19
05-27-2019, 01:54 PM
I hope you are right. It would be nice to see this guy's career end soon.

Even if it is, he will get the max contract and be setup for life. I don't think he will care too much.

daslicer
05-27-2019, 01:56 PM
Even if it is, he will get the max contract and be setup for life. I don't think he will care too much.

That's true but if his career ends soon its a win for Spur fans because we won't have to hear the media talk about him 24/7.

Harry Callahan
05-27-2019, 01:57 PM

Agreed. He wants the high dollar contract and then he and Uncle Dennis have their money - easy street then. June 30th at 6PM. At that point they are set for life financially and they can have #2 play 50 game regular seasons and hope/pray nothing breaks before the next contract year.

It'll break - probably/hopefully soon.

dbreiden83080
05-27-2019, 02:01 PM

Well without inside info Skip is doing a good job. Watching the show he tells the truth on this one..

Spurs are well known for being super cautious with injuries
They always rest players
The doctors said he could play over and over
Team-Mates eventually got pissed and confronted him..

All true and makes the Spurs seem in the right..

K...
05-27-2019, 02:04 PM
As soon as.kawhi signs the contract hopefully the story is about him holding up his level of play and expectations. Without lebron as the warriors rival, with harden on the way down, the league needs talent. Kawhi should get exactly what he wants: a coach and city who.wipes his ass for.free.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
05-27-2019, 02:20 PM
:wow

I wonder if past players are involved?If the 4 or 5 prominent people involved are from the Spurs organization than It would have to be Pop, Buford, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili who's more prominent than those five? I do believe Parker is one of them. No way the Spurs let him walk last season, they would have found away to get him minutes, they let him walk because he was part of the problem and it's not because of the comment he made about the injury. I believe their personalities clashed and simply didn't like each other.

DAF86
05-27-2019, 02:23 PM
greg popovich gets away with a lot of stuff that most coaches can't. he tried to ruin kawhi's reputation in the league and failed.

Raptors fan will find out who Kawhi is soon enough.

This dude may be a fraud, but he's constantly "heard from his sources" that Kiwi is going to the Lakers. I was skeptical. Then I saw Kiwiesha Leonard post this:

RC_Drunkford
05-27-2019, 02:31 PM
one just has to hope Kawhi doesn't ring and signs with a bad organization that can't handle Uncle Dennis. Knicks would be great tbh

J_Paco
05-27-2019, 02:52 PM
If I had to guess what inside info timvp had, it would be something along the lines of the Spurs' ownership group saying something really nasty about Kawhi that made him feel disrespected, and the Spurs manipulating the media to advance their narrative.

Sure, the Spurs "manipulated the media" with talking heads like Chris Carter, Shannon Sharpe, Jalen Rose, etc. coming out saying that Kawhi could play and was 100%.

Oh wait......

Anyway, of course his family/representation is Now pretending they took the "high road" when they tried all last season to tarnish the organization and medical staff's reputation....

Kawhi got what he wanted which was out of town and is in good situation. I doubt he'll stay there long-term and is probably moving on to the Clippers this summer.

Gotta throw dirty on the grave and shade at the former organization while the media/public perception is on his side.....

Roscoe P. Coltrane
05-27-2019, 02:52 PM
I remember all this also. I remember at a certain point in the season Pop said to the media at a practice that Kawhi is most likely done for the year because he hasn’t even showed he can practice and that they try to bring people along slowly after practicing by doing 3on3 to 5on5 games. To get their conditioning together so they will not be getting minutes too fast.

Well the next day after Pop said Kawhi is most likely done for the year a report comes out to the media from someone in Kawhi’s camp saying he will play again this season. Smh. It was all so confusing like nobody was on the same page.I don't remember who but someone posted a Twitter argument last season between uncle Dennis and someone on Twitter. Who ever that person on twTwitt was seemed that he had inside info and called them out on some things.

Russ
05-27-2019, 03:01 PM
Anyway, of course his family/representation is Now pretending they took the "high road" when they tried all last season to tarnish the organization and medical staff's reputation....

Gotta throw dirty on the grave and shade at the former organization while the media/public perception is on his side.....

Yeah, Kawhi is on top right now.

But as John Lennon once said "time wounds all heels."

ShutUp SayItAgain!
05-27-2019, 03:07 PM
BSPN propaganda machine going to work

https://youtu.be/utx1Op_2kXA

DPG21920
05-27-2019, 03:09 PM
If the 4 or 5 prominent people involved are from the Spurs organization than It would have to be Pop, Buford, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili who's more prominent than those five? I do believe Parker is one of them. No way the Spurs let him walk last season, they would have found away to get him minutes, they let him walk because he was part of the problem and it's not because of the comment he made about the injury. I believe their personalities clashed and simply didn't like each other.

Not that people on ST want to hear this, but IMHO Manu was more a part of butting heads with Kawhi than TP...

gambit1990
05-27-2019, 03:20 PM
Not that people on ST want to hear this, but IMHO Manu was more a part of butting heads with Kawhi than TP...
hey everyone, let’s take DPG’s word over woj’s :lol

J_Paco
05-27-2019, 03:20 PM

Damn alcoholic.

You are by far the worst troll and stupidest person on this site.

Pop has shit out more basketball knowledge or "know how" than you'll ever possess in your life.

Please, log out of this site and run into some on coming traffic....

DPG21920
05-27-2019, 03:27 PM
hey everyone, let’s take DPG’s word over woj’s :lol

Per the usual, you miss the point. Woj talking about one comment from TP that supposedly ran Kawhi off is not the same as a multi-year issue of who gets along and who does not.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-27-2019, 03:31 PM
That's true but if his career ends soon its a win for Spur fans because we won't have to hear the media talk about him 24/7.

If Kawhi leaves the Raptors he’ll still get a standing ovation next season, watch.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
05-27-2019, 03:35 PM
Did the Spurs get a second opinion from another prominent medical group who confirmed the Spur doctor's diagnosis? I seem to have recalled reading it, but then again maybe not. And then the NBA league doctors in NY also examined him and confirmed the Spur doctor's diagnosis. It's then that Kawhi sought out his own medical evaluation. That one big national writer said Kawhi went doctor shopping and saw several doctors. Ô

So when and how did the injury happen? He rehabbed the ankle in SA after the 2017 playoffs, went to China in late summer and apparently had no problems. But he shows up at training camp with an injured quad and demands that his doctors take charge of the rehab. Then goes completely flakey from that point on.

So what happened between China and training camp that caused the injury or the quad to flare?Maybe he didn't have the Koby Bryant status in China like they wanted so they decided then they wanted to make a move to L.A.

DPG21920
05-27-2019, 03:35 PM
If Kawhi leaves the Raptors he’ll still get a standing ovation next season, watch.

That’s fine; the situation he leaves TOR in was very different than SA with HOW he leaves. But when he leaves, while TOR fans may not have a reason to hate Kawhi like SA fans, they could very well be feeling the burn of no more playoffs for a while. That would sting badly.

gambit1990
05-27-2019, 03:36 PM
Per the usual, you miss the point. Woj talking about one comment from TP that supposedly ran Kawhi off is not the same as a multi-year issue of who gets along and who does not.
your theory is baseless.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-27-2019, 03:38 PM
That’s fine; the situation he leaves TOR in was very different than SA with HOW he leaves. But when he leaves, while TOR fans may not have a reason to hate Kawhi like SA fans, they could very well be feeling the burn of no more playoffs for a while. That would sting badly.

Oh, I don’t get care what kind of reception Kawhi receives. daslicer was saying Kawhi was going to get booed in Toronto next year if he leaves this summer because of what someone on realm said :lmao

He couldn’t be more wrong.

DPG21920
05-27-2019, 03:39 PM
your theory is baseless.

K

Twisted_Dawg
05-27-2019, 03:49 PM

Yes it will pass in time. Maybe sooner than later if the Warriors beat these cucks in 5 and Kawhi signs with either LA team, gets to the playpffs, but never rings again. Maybe his bio will say, great player but was 1-3 in the Finals.

timtonymanu
05-27-2019, 03:51 PM
It's just a pretty sad situation. Truly went into the darkest timeline lol. But it's okay Instagram Baller is promising more championships.

r0drig0lac
05-27-2019, 03:53 PM

without doubt, Raptors could be swept by Golden State and Kawhi would still be the greatest raptor in the history

Twisted_Dawg
05-27-2019, 03:57 PM

You can polish and polish a turd, then repolish it, but in the end it's still a turd.

TD 21
05-27-2019, 04:07 PM
:lmao At the predictably biased coverage. Not even attempting to pretend there's another side to it and acting as if the Raptors making the Finals is vindication (like the quality of player he is was ever in question).

The usual overt tribalism (Bayless knows it, but if he says that, it'll be the end of his career; granted, he's biased the other way) and shameless whores, desperate to become the go-to for scumbag's sleazebag uncle.

Unfortunately, this is precisely what'll happen. It's time they grow a pair, stop taking this shit and fire back. I don't even mean so much at scumbag and his sleazebag uncle; I mean more so at the media, for being extremely unprofessional. They should shame these pukes.

FrankC
05-27-2019, 04:22 PM
I know Ujiri offered him something, nothing big...
This is a complete lie.

It’s not really covered up; the story is mostly out there. Its about getting down to the nitty gritty and naming names. But ultimately the majority of stuff is out there. What is not out there is the laid out, step-by-step scenarios chronologically laid out.
Jordan's gambling?
Donaghy scandal?
Lots of things get swept under the rug because it does no good to air dirty laundry.

Hell... even one of the teams involved in the Kawhi thing... Vince Carter's departure from Toronto has never been fully spoken and never will be. Why? Because both sides made mistakes and handled things wrong and neither benefits from the full story coming out. If there is more fault or it's far more damaging to one side, then the story would be out there. The fact that neither side really wants any of it to go public should be a sign to Spurs fans that there is culpability on both sides and even though the fanbase wants the dirt, it really does no one any good in the long term by damaging reputations, losing fans and/or sponsor support, etc... You will never know the whole truth.

Further on that topic... the reason a lot of Raptor fans feel no guilt about what happened is because it happened to us before. We were the team that lost its bright young star through a messy situation, stunting the franchise's growth and making us a laughingstock for years. In a lot of ways, Kawhi is like payback for the Vince situation and "the shot" over Philly in Game 7 couldn't have been a bigger deal in terms of cosmic payback and redemption for everything that has gone on since Carter. Kawhi didn't ask for it and he may well be gone this summer, but the fanbase recognizes what happened and will be thankful, whether he stays or goes.

J_Paco
05-27-2019, 04:39 PM
:lmao At the predictably biased coverage. Not even attempting to pretend there's another side to it and acting as if the Raptors making the Finals is vindication (like the quality of player he is was ever in question).

The usual overt tribalism (Bayless knows it, but if he says that, it'll be the end of his career; granted, he's biased the other way) and shameless whores, desperate to become the go-to for scumbag's sleazebag uncle.

Unfortunately, this is precisely what'll happen. It's time they grow a pair, stop taking this shit and fire back. I don't even mean so much at scumbag and his sleazebag uncle; I mean more so at the media, for being extremely unprofessional. They should shame these pukes.

Why wish for something that absolutely won't happen? That isn't and won't be how Pop/R.C. operate.

If the truth is ever completely fleshed out it'll be by a third party and will likely cast both sides in a poor light.

It probably goes back to that max deal he had to wait to sign (he might have felt "disrespected" by waiting or someone in management/ownership questioned him being "worth" that amount), the original quad injury, firing his first agent and Uncle Dennis getting his hooks in.

Really, the Spurs are gonna get shit on by the mainstream media especially if Toronto wins so we should expect a lot more of this one - sided reporting.

Best thing we can hope for is #2 leaves Toronto high and dry, Spurs draft well and the media obsesses over Durant and LeBron, again.

Dejounte
05-27-2019, 04:47 PM
Why wish for something that absolutely won't happen? That isn't and won't be how Pop/R.C. operate.

If the truth is ever completely fleshed out it'll be by a third party and will likely cast both sides in a poor light.

It probably goes back to that max deal he had to wait to sign (he might have felt "disrespected" by waiting or someone in management/ownership questioned him being "worth" that amount), the original quad injury, firing his first agent and Uncle Dennis getting his hooks in.

Really, the Spurs are gonna get shit on by the mainstream media especially if Toronto wins so we should expect a lot more of this one - sided reporting.

Best thing we can hope for is #2 leaves Toronto high and dry, Spurs draft well and the media obsesses over Durant and LeBron, again.

Kawhis newfound fame has put him up there to be talked about with Lebron and Durant.

GreekSpursfan
05-27-2019, 04:47 PM
All i take from this is that this uncle thing didn't articulate not a single word of gratitude to an organization who developed his nephew in an enviroment playing alongside three first ballot HOFs. Tell me one promising young player that in the history of bball had that privilege?

Das Texan
05-27-2019, 04:48 PM
I couldn't believe they held it in during the ECF. Even an uncorroborated account of the situation would be gold for them.

The Finals against the big bad Warriors is worth oh so much more to ESPN.

J_Paco
05-27-2019, 04:57 PM
Kawhis newfound fame has put him up there to be talked about with Lebron and Durant.

Newfound, LOL.

He was doing this type of shit two seasons ago when Pop was proclaiming him "the best player in the world."

Plus, Kawhi doesn't have near the charisma or mainstream appeal of James or Durant.

He's a quiet guy that wants to be left alone and "just play basketball," except for the Spurs.

RC_Drunkford
05-27-2019, 05:16 PM

why do you say that? Do you have a reliable source?

DPG21920
05-27-2019, 05:21 PM

Timvp is my Uncle

TD 21
05-27-2019, 05:24 PM

Who said anything about wishing? I know it's not going to happen. My saying it should is more so rhetorical.

Newfound, LOL.

He was doing this type of shit two seasons ago when Pop was proclaiming him "the best player in the world."

He said fame and he's right. He was doing this 2 seasons ago (matter fact, by advanced stats this is his 3rd best playoff run), but the difference was, he was doing it as a Spur, which meant far less recognition.

This is where the media and this narrative they've created, particularly post '14, about Pop, the culture and "system" taking on a life of their own, hurts the Spurs. To be fair, they've done themselves no favors by playing along with that nonsense instead of shaming the media into giving their superstars and stars the proper amount of credit.

This is partially why no American superstar or star wants to be a Spurs (before you say Aldridge, he just wanted to live in San Antonio) and probably partially why the sleazebag brainwashed the scumbag.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
05-27-2019, 05:27 PM

I agree. All I could think is....fuck man Skip, remind Shanon and the viewers that Jalen Rose had already broken the story that Kawhi wanted out to LA months before that! SMH

Someone send that Michael Wright podcast to Skip with a detailed breakdown and timeline of events

ShutUp SayItAgain!
05-27-2019, 05:31 PM
Best place to leak out this information would be on another forum such as Reddit.

https://youtu.be/ZXsQAXx_ao0

r0drig0lac
05-27-2019, 05:32 PM
He said fame and he's right. He was doing this 2 seasons ago (matter fact, by advanced stats this is his 3rd best playoff run), but the difference was, he was doing it as a Spur, which meant far less recognition.

This is where the media and this narrative they've created, particularly post '14, about Pop, the culture and "system" taking on a life of their own, hurts the Spurs. To be fair, they've done themselves no favors by playing along with that nonsense instead of shaming the media into giving their superstars and stars the proper amount of credit.

This is partially why no American superstar or star wants to be a Spurs (before you say Aldridge, he just wanted to live in San Antonio) and probably partially why the sleazebag brainwashed the scumbag.

Proxy
05-27-2019, 05:33 PM
funny how an organization can go from Pop pulling too many DNPs and making sure players fully heal to SA rushing KL back. How they conveniently skip the times DRob and TD were avoided. And one of the more telling things being how hard the team played when TOR came into town this season.

gilmor
05-27-2019, 05:34 PM
Manu and TP never posted once about Kawhi in their twitters.. that says alot.

And Manu is the type that will appreciate great players, including Klay and Steph

ShutUp SayItAgain!
05-27-2019, 05:50 PM
Who said anything about wishing? I know it's not going to happen. My saying it should is more so rhetorical.

gambit1990
05-27-2019, 06:19 PM
that's why i said his theory was baseless.

FkLA
05-27-2019, 06:29 PM
Jordan's gambling?
Donaghy scandal?
Lots of things get swept under the rug because it does no good to air dirty laundry.

Hell... even one of the teams involved in the Kawhi thing... Vince Carter's departure from Toronto has never been fully spoken and never will be. Why? Because both sides made mistakes and handled things wrong and neither benefits from the full story coming out. If there is more fault or it's far more damaging to one side, then the story would be out there. The fact that neither side really wants any of it to go public should be a sign to Spurs fans that there is culpability on both sides and even though the fanbase wants the dirt, it really does no one any good in the long term by damaging reputations, losing fans and/or sponsor support, etc... You will never know the whole truth.

Further on that topic... the reason a lot of Raptor fans feel no guilt about what happened is because it happened to us before. We were the team that lost its bright young star through a messy situation, stunting the franchise's growth and making us a laughingstock for years. In a lot of ways, Kawhi is like payback for the Vince situation and "the shot" over Philly in Game 7 couldn't have been a bigger deal in terms of cosmic payback and redemption for everything that has gone on since Carter. Kawhi didn't ask for it and he may well be gone this summer, but the fanbase recognizes what happened and will be thankful, whether he stays or goes.

Talk is cheap. We'll see how thankful you are after Durant leaves GS, and instead of returning to TOR and a wide open path to a championship Nephew leaves for LA.

james evans
05-27-2019, 06:59 PM
All i take from this is that this uncle thing didn't articulate not a single word of gratitude to an organization who developed his nephew in an enviroment playing alongside three first ballot HOFs. Tell me one promising young player that in the history of bball had that privilege?
Reggie Lewis played with 3 first ballot HOF and 4 total in his rookie year

Worthy played with 2 first ballot HOF and 3 total HOF(Mccadoo should have been 1st ballot) and Barkley played with 2 first ballot and 4 total in his rookie year.

DeadlyDynasty
05-27-2019, 06:59 PM
When the truth comes out spursfans would deny it tbh.
This.

daslicer
05-27-2019, 07:42 PM

Weird response from you TBH. It has nothing to do with my original post which is that if #2's career ends shortly we are not going to hear about the media talking about him 24/7.

daslicer
05-27-2019, 07:47 PM
Newfound, LOL.

Plus, Kawhi doesn't have near the charisma or mainstream appeal of James or Durant.

He's a quiet guy that wants to be left alone and "just play basketball," except for the Spurs.

:lol His newfound fame is based on the media hoping he can make the Knicks or Lakers relevant again. If this guy had no desire to be in a big market then they wouldn't be sucking off of him.

ElNono
05-27-2019, 07:49 PM

:lmao

ElNono
05-27-2019, 07:51 PM
With all the minutiae written about Kawhi, I think the player's only meeting was the final straw for Kawhi. Before that he tried to come back and play and was attending games.

Who was the player that called and lead that team meeting, tbh, can't remember?

ElNono
05-27-2019, 07:55 PM
:lol no mention of the Spurs medical staff getting fired? Have those guys been fired yet for mismanaging this whole thing?

HankChinaski
05-27-2019, 07:58 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I have been wanting to move from this narrative for most of the year now. Only curiosity has me reading on about the why we are here.

This talk about the Spurs Organization did this and that. I think it is rather shameless. He is getting paid multi millions and was laced in favorable situation based on a demand.

You would think he and his group would just be happy and move on. This talk is just someone pissing on grave.

I for one appreciate the Spurs standing Pat and not saying anything.