PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili the Best Fantasy Pick?

Ballistic Saint
10-30-2005, 12:00 AM
I think, coming off of his brilliant performance in the playoffs last year, Ginobili will turn on the jets and really become a great fantasy player. True, you can't go wrong with Duncan but I think Ginobili is going to continue to improve his game.

That being said, if you would like to join an NBA Fantasy League I've got one with six slots remaining... info is below.

Scoring System is Head-to-Head

I'm running an NBA.com fantasy league and the live draft is tomorrow night (10/30/05) at 7:00 P.M. ET. There's six slots remaining if you're interested. The NBA season starts Tuesday and please only join if you're serious about fantasy leagues and will either be there for the draft or set your picks beforehand if you're not going to be there for the draft. The name of the league is TN.Finest (Tennessee's Finest) and typically I was going for an all-Tennessee league, but I'm becoming more and more worried that I won't meet the 10-team limit I need before tomorrow night. Interested? Here's the info:

Goto fantasy.nba.com to register.

League Name: TN.Finest
League ID: 25611
Password: nba2k6

JamStone
10-30-2005, 12:27 AM
Manu is a great player. But, with the way the Spurs have added to their depth, most specifically Michael Finley, it's likely Manu isn't one of best options at guard simply because his minutes won't be in the high 30 mpg range like Kobe, Wade, Vince and Ray will have.

Sense
10-30-2005, 12:46 AM
Manu is a great player. But, with the way the Spurs have added to their depth, most specifically Michael Finley, it's likely Manu isn't one of best options at guard simply because his minutes won't be in the high 30 mpg range like Kobe, Wade, Vince and Ray will have.

Well, if Brent gets traded for another non-sg player he might get his minutes...

Bowen can spare his.

But he's still not the best pick.

sickdsm
10-30-2005, 02:11 PM
Huh? Best spurs overall pick? Because Duncan isn't even considered a number one overall pick year in and year out.

Sense
10-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Huh? Best spurs overall pick? Because Duncan isn't even considered a number one overall pick year in and year out.

No one cares about Fantasy, as long as he has his rings I could care less...

KG's props only come in fantasy leagues....
But stats=shit if you dont have the bling

Tim will have a better season than last year though.... and Manu is still the second best spurs pick in a fantasy draft.

spurschick
10-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Tim will have a better season than last year though.... and Manu is still the second best spurs pick in a fantasy draft.

He was my pick in the second round. :spin

Phenomanul
10-30-2005, 04:46 PM

Yeah you little thief..... :angel (Spurschick also picked up Oberto and if I'm not mistaken Delfino) I picked up Nocioni so she wouldn't get the Argentinian coop...

spurschick
10-30-2005, 04:50 PM
Yeah you little thief..... :angel (Spurschick also picked up Oberto and if I'm not mistaken Delfino) I picked up Nocioni so she wouldn't get the Argentinian coop...

I know that Oberto is going to work his ass off with the minutes he gets, so I am taking a chance that he'll get a decent number or two. I picked up Delfino because there wasn't anybody left in the 15th round! With Larry gone, maybe he'll get some minutes this season and surprise me. And I really wanted Nocioni.

Phenomanul
10-30-2005, 04:57 PM
I believe I picked up Nocioni in the 12th round... I figure he'll be good for the minutes he plays... maybe I can trade him to you later in the year If my other sleeper forward does well....

Then and only then will you complete your Argentinian squad.... :fro

We'll discuss later... :spin

BTW I just bought my Swingman Ginobili Jersey!!! I will happily wear it during the Cavs game this Friday (Nov. 4th)

Sense
10-30-2005, 05:00 PM

What kind of draft was this? :lol

spurschick
10-30-2005, 05:22 PM
What kind of draft was this? :lol

:lol

sickdsm
10-31-2005, 09:07 AM

Get the hell out of this thread if you don't care about it then.

King
10-31-2005, 09:25 AM

What a ridiculous comment. You knew it was about fantasy basketball - not rings - so why'd you even bother coming in? And fantasy sports is a billion dollar industry, so I'd venture a guess people do care a little bit.

batman2883
10-31-2005, 09:52 AM
Just remember that Manu is the freaking man when it comes to playing but he does have his off nights, and Pop always sits him down cause he gets too scary to watch. That doesnt make for a #1 fantasy player. But Manu is still the man

CosmicCowboy
10-31-2005, 04:45 PM
I got killed by Manu in the semifinals of my Fantasy head to head league last year...he had been great all year but Pop sat him on Sunday to rest him when he wasn't injured...With just one more steal or one more 3 I would have won that round and then won the finals because my numbers the next week were better than either team in the finals...

If you put Manu on your fantast team expect more of the same this year...Pop has the luxury of resting him and going with Finley...I could even see him sitting out several times on back to backs...Spurs guards may be like Memphis under Hubie...no one gets enough minutes to really put up good fantasy numbers...

samikeyp
10-31-2005, 05:37 PM
He is THE best Argentinian Fantasy pick! :spin

Sense
10-31-2005, 06:27 PM
Get the hell out of this thread if you don't care about it then.

Love the comeback.

Sense
10-31-2005, 06:27 PM
What a ridiculous comment. You knew it was about fantasy basketball - not rings - so why'd you even bother coming in? And fantasy sports is a billion dollar industry, so I'd venture a guess people do care a little bit.

It shut him up didn't it?

We all know what the moron keeps on blabbin about KG, that stopped it a bit.

kris
11-01-2005, 02:38 AM
Manu is a highly overrated fantasy pick. I would have picked him in the fifth.