PDA

View Full Version : Can I post 1000........

Avant
05-29-2019, 03:43 AM
......songs nobody here has ever heard?

I think I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqlCcuP5XuM

Chucho
05-29-2019, 05:27 PM
I think no one cares.

Will Hunting
05-29-2019, 05:45 PM
I think no one cares.
Hes literally bragging about being able to post 1000 things no one cares about :lol

DJR210
05-29-2019, 05:49 PM
Seriously man, join a bridge club, go down to the library and talk to the homeless there, hell, blow your fucking head off.. anything is better than begging for attention here

Reck
05-29-2019, 06:03 PM
Now I know how you guys felt when he went into the NFL forum with his spam. Now it looks like he's in my sanctum Tech forum shitting on everything.

FrostKing
05-29-2019, 11:51 PM
Only 1000?

Chucho
05-29-2019, 11:55 PM
Seriously man, join a bridge club, go down to the library and talk to the homeless there, hell, blow your fucking head off.. anything is better than begging for attention here

LOL. Larry talking on and on about himself to a Central Valley Tweak. That'd be too fucking funny to see.

Avant
06-03-2019, 11:44 PM

Begging for attention? Dude, you really haven't notice ALL the attention Avante gets here? How many threads are always here about Avante I get more attention here than anyone.

Avant
06-03-2019, 11:48 PM
Only 1000?

Good point.

Classical
Big Band
Soul
Blues
Jazz
Doowop
Early country
Rockabilly
R&B

......would do everyone in here.

Avant
06-04-2019, 01:34 AM
Before Elvis walked into Sun Records in Memphis to record.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tYY-pSmscA

Why this guy only recorded .....one....record...???? Cat had some serious talent.

Avant
06-04-2019, 01:41 AM
How about some Smokey Hogg, Lil' Son Jackson and some Texas Alexander?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBPvcAFrUm4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxfaTJkrFV0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUmBnesIDNE

Avant
06-04-2019, 01:53 AM
Who here can talk those black Doowop vocal groups from the 50's?

Will Hunting
06-04-2019, 09:03 AM
Good job Avante, you’re really good at posting shit no one else gives a shit about.

aj3292
06-04-2019, 12:07 PM
Good job Avante, you’re really good at posting shit no one else gives a shit about.

I give a shit. But we all know I'm Avante. Or a Russian bot. Or an experimental AI.

Avant
06-05-2019, 01:02 AM
I give a shit. But we all know I'm Avante. Or a Russian bot. Or an experimental AI.

I;m now thinking I could post 2000 songs nobody here has ever heard that came out prior to 1940. That's sad.

Hell just today I scored a CD featuring classic Ragtime some of it prior to 1920. Scott Jopllin, Jellyroll Morton, Fats Waller and some others.

How anyone with even a half a brain could think I'd ever try to pull this off with my style....???

All I know about gaming is Tecmo Bowl.

Avant
06-05-2019, 02:19 AM
Who here can talk Harry James, Al Jolson, Ella Fitzgerald, Cab Calloway, Johnny Mercer, Jack Teagarden, Dizzy Gellespie, Lena Horne, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Art Tatum, Billie Holliday, The Ink Spots, The Mills Brothers, let me guess.......nobody.

Oh well, here;s something new to everyone here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TgIeaGzeLQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO8vytUTO1E

pgardn
06-05-2019, 10:34 AM
I bet I can post the names of 1000 people Avante does not know.
I am superior With my own lists.
A revelation

aj3292
06-05-2019, 12:01 PM
I;m now thinking I could post 2000 songs nobody here has ever heard that came out prior to 1940. That's sad.

Hell just today I scored a CD featuring classic Ragtime some of it prior to 1920. Scott Jopllin, Jellyroll Morton, Fats Waller and some others.

How anyone with even a half a brain could think I'd ever try to pull this off with my style....???

All I know about gaming is Tecmo Bowl.

I've been wanting to expand my knowledge of jazz anyway, which is way too restricted. I enjoy listening to the same Miles Davis songs over and over, but I really need to branch out. So I'm genuinely interested in the jazz music you'll post.

SpursforSix
06-05-2019, 01:00 PM
I've been wanting to expand my knowledge of jazz anyway, which is way too restricted. I enjoy listening to the same Miles Davis songs over and over, but I really need to branch out. So I'm genuinely interested in the jazz music you'll post.

I'm shocked that growing up playing Doom and listening to Lacuna Coil resulted into you having limited exposure to jazz.

Avant
06-06-2019, 01:04 AM
I bet I can post the names of 1000 people Avante does not know.
I am superior With my own lists.
A revelation

That was stupid.

Avant
06-06-2019, 01:09 AM

You need to youtube....

Louis Armstrong
Those I mentioned above
King Oliver
Charlie Parker
Thelonious Monk
Charlie Christian
John Coltrane
Django Rhinehart

For starters.

Kind of Blue....a great Miles Davis listen.

Avant
06-06-2019, 02:24 AM
What a student of music would want to do is zero in on pre 1930 Mississippi Delta blues and New Orleans jazz. Learn who was who, what would be essential listening, what has endured over time. Then after getting all that down move on to Texas, Alabama, Georgia, Memphis, St. Louis, The Piedmont/East Coast still pre 1930. If done right this should take about a year of research and listening. You know what came before 1930, the roots of it all.

The 30's is when we first encounter Robert Johnson, and those who would move up north to Chicago and start forging "Urban Blues".

It's a hell of a story, a fantastic journey from black field workers chanting their blues to some country juke joint peddling moonshine with some old cat hunched over a beat up guitar moaning about....

my woman
she don't love me
no mo
she left me
this morn
walked right out that doe

This is the best example of prewar Mississippi Delta blues on record in my opinion. Rube Lacy only recorded one record then dropped that Devils music to become a preacher.

This is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXktURH9oyc

The flip side is....Ham Hound Crave.....ha~~~

Rude Lacy
Freddie Spruell
Tommy Johnson
Ishman Bracey
Son House
Willie Brown
Mattie Delaney
Geechie Wiley
Charley Patton
Garfield Akers
Joe Calicott
Cryin' Sam Collins

....is where it starts when it comes to the origins of them Mississippi Delta blues. (this music has nothing to do with jazz at all)

And all those regions I mentioned above have their originators.

One of my 12 books on the subject.
http://www.891khol.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/BillWymans.png

As you know Wyman played with The Rolling Stones, they were totally into them old blues with Brian Jones a huge Elmore James fan. Jagger just as into them blues. In his book....LIFE...Keith Richards talks about the impact the music made on him and he could talk them blues.

Avant
06-06-2019, 02:50 AM
How about only those who can actually talk music respond, ok? If all you are capable of doing is more of the stupid crap we see here constantly, walk on by.

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 03:25 AM
I've been wanting to expand my knowledge of jazz anyway, which is way too restricted. I enjoy listening to the same Miles Davis songs over and over, but I really need to branch out. So I'm genuinely interested in the jazz music you'll post.:lol Avante will just tell you to listen to everything he listens to the way he listens to it which is pretty dry and boring IMO. He's a bad textbook.

The great thing about about Miles is his career spans about five significant movements in jazz of which he played a major part. You can branch forward, backward with him or branch out to projects by his sidemen and go from there.

Say you listen to Kind of Blue -- You can go back a little to his cool jazz or more bop oriented Prestige recordings, forward to his second "classic" quintet and further to his pioneering electric work. Alternately you could branch out to the work of any of the sidemen you prefer -- John Coltrane, Bill Evans and Cannonball Adderley all had their own projects with their own styles. Similar things can be done with almost every jazz album.

It would be good to know what album/songs you're listening to know so you could be nudged in a direction that might expand your appreciation more organically rather than lecturing you and assigning homework.

Avant
06-06-2019, 03:38 AM
:lol Avante will just tell you to listen to everything he listens to the way he listens to it which is pretty dry and boring IMO. He's a bad textbook.

The great thing about about Miles is his career spans about five significant movements in jazz of which he played a major part. You can branch forward, backward with him or branch out to projects by his sidemen and go from there.

Say you listen to Kind of Blue -- You can go back a little to his cool jazz or more bop oriented Prestige recordings, forward to his second "classic" quintet and further to his pioneering electric work. Alternately you could branch out to the work of any of the sidemen you prefer -- John Coltrane, Bill Evans and Cannonball Adderley all had their own projects with their own styles. Similar things can be done with almost every jazz album.

It would be good to know what album/songs you're listening to know so you could be nudged in a direction that might expand your appreciation more organically rather than lecturing you and assigning homework.

Miles Davis comes later on you don't start there. So anyone wanting to learn about jazz or hip hop, country would want to start with the origins of the music. Then you see the evolution of it all.

In jazz you do start with The Original Dixieland Jazz Band from 1917, then move on with King Oliver's Creole Jazz Band, Jellyroll Morton, Louis Armstrong, Fletcher Henderson, and a whole slew of cats long before we ever talk Miles Davis.

Keep in the mind the guy is already into Davis, while I doubt he knows about Jasper Taylor, Clarence Williams, etc etc.

Right here in my hand a four CD set, each with a booklet about the music.

The Early Days
The Swing Era
The Big Band Years
The Be-Bop Revolution

This is....The History of Jazz....which was a TV series.

It's all there, it's all covered.

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 03:40 AM
Miles Davis comes later on you don't start there.He's already started there.

You can't change that.

You're lecturing and assigning homework.

Avant
06-06-2019, 03:53 AM
He's already started there.

You can't change that.

You're lecturing and assigning homework.

You must have missed....

I've been wanting to expand my knowledge of jazz anyway, which is way too restricted.

......which is saying he wants to learn the music. Well, that means you go back to the roots of it all and work your way up to Miles Davis, and yes you start in 1917 with the first jazz on record. Just like ya start in 1920 and "Crazy Blues" as the first blues on record (sorta). Everything starts somewhere, so a student would want to go there.

I could teach ROOTS MUSIC but it would be more about actually listening to that music than lectures/reading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WojNaU4-kI

One of my personal favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LBaCBT2tOs

Talk to me about Jimmy Rushing.

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 04:02 AM
You must have missed....

I've been wanting to expand my knowledge of jazz anyway, which is way too restricted.

......which is saying he wants to learn the music.And there is more than one way to learn.

Your way is like taking a class.

What if he just fucking hates the dixieland you've assigned him and told him he MUST hear.

What then?

Well, that means you go back to the roots of it all No, you start wherever you start and learn whatever you want to learn. If he likes the way Coltrane plays on Kind of Blue and he wants to hear Giant Steps after reading a bit about it -- why the fuck not?

Answer that.

Avant
06-06-2019, 04:09 AM
And there is more than one way to learn.

Your way is like taking a class.

What if he just fucking hates the dixieland you've assigned him and told him he MUST hear.

What then?
No, you start wherever you start and learn whatever you want to learn. If he likes the way Coltrane plays on Kind of Blue and he wants to hear Giant Steps after reading a bit about it -- why the fuck not?

Answer that.

As usual you aren't getting it.

Pavlov, a person can do it anyway they want to do it, BUT............if they plan on having somebody who ALREADY knows the music to help them along then they would want too see how they did it.

I didn't just start out knowing about this stuff, it came in bits and pieces, I picked it up along the way. And it took me years. I could have a guy being able to talk jazz in a few weeks. If they want to learn.

You want to know about that ESSENTIAL/DEFINITIVE stuff to start with, the legends. Then ya get off into all the others.

You cannot talk jazz without Jellyroll Morton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_tvDeeNa1g

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 04:13 AM
As usual you aren't getting it.

Pavlov, a person can do it anyway they want to do it, BUT............if they plan on having somebody who ALREADY knows the music to help them along then they would want too see how they did it.

I didn't just start out knowing about this stuff, it came in bits and pieces, I picked it up along the way. And it took me years. I could have a guy being able to talk jazz in a few weeks. If they want to learn.So you learned it the way I just told him he could learn it. And he could take it as fast or as slow as he likes.

If he wants to learn it that way.

And he's already talking jazz, you stupid snob.

CROFL Avante

Avant
06-06-2019, 04:21 AM
So you learned it the way I just told him he could learn it. And he could take it as fast or as slow as he likes.

If he wants to learn it that way.

And he's already talking jazz, you stupid snob.

CROFL Avante

Pavlov, you never pick up on how things really are at all, it's actually strange.

The guy OBVIOUSLY can see I know the music and can help him if he wants to know about the origins of jazz. Why take years, when I can have him up to speed in a few weeks? If he wants to take years, then do it. But....that make any sense to you?

Pavlov, talk to me about the HBCU at the NCAA Track Championships. NCA&T looked great today vs the big schools. What......you have no idea what I'm talking about? See how it works? Now you could take years or simply ask Avante.

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 04:23 AM
Pavlov, you never pick up on how things really are at all, it's actually strange.

The guy OBVIOUSLY can see I know the music and can help him if he wants to know about the origins of jazz. Why take years, when I can have him up to speed in a few weeks? If he wants to take years, then do it. But....that make any sense to you?He didn't say he wanted to know about the origins of jazz or to take your textbook survey.

Maybe he just wants some recommendations along the lines of what he's listening to now.

Pavlov, talk to me about the HBCU at the NCAA Track Championships. NCA&T looked great today vs the big schools. What......you have no idea what I'm talking about? See how it works?Quit begging, you piece of shit.

No one cares.

See how that works?

Avant
06-06-2019, 04:28 AM
He didn't say he wanted to know about the origins of jazz or to take your textbook survey.

Quit begging, you piece of shit.

No one cares.

See how that works?

Pavlov, the guy made it very clear he'd like to expand his knowledge of jazz music. So where do you start, yep, at the begnnings of it all. Then you move up thru the decades, that's how ya learn things.

Dude, you are so damn stupid, it's comical.

Here ya go moron, learn something.

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 04:29 AM
Pavlov, the guy made it very clear he's like to expand his knowledge of jazz music. So where do you startHe starts wherever he wants.

What part of that do you not get?

Well?

Answer the question.

What if he doesn't want to go all the way back to your class assignments and homework?

Avant
06-06-2019, 04:34 AM
He starts wherever he wants.

What part of that do you not get?

Well?

Answer the question.

What if he doesn't want to go all the way back to your class assignments and homework?

Damn you're dumb.

So you start learning about American History at WWII?

So we start learning about the NFL in 1986?

So we start learning about Rock and Roll in 1977?

So we start learning about Marvel Comics in 2012?

We start learning about the history of boxing in 1998?

How damn dumb are you?

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 04:37 AM
Damn you're dumb.

So you start learning about American History at WWII?
If that's what you're interested in, sure.

So we start learning about the NFL in 1986?

So we start learning about Rock and Roll in 1977?

So we start learning about Marvel Comics in 2012?

We start learning about the history of boxing in 1998?

That's how it works.

Answer the question:

Avant
06-06-2019, 04:38 AM
Poster....hey Avante I noticed you know a lot about music and sports.
Avante....yep
Poster.....could you bring me up to speed on jazz music?
Avante....how far back do you want to go?

Who says......oh not too far back just want to know some of it.

Yep, nobody.

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 04:41 AM
Poster....hey Avante I noticed you know a lot about music and sports.
Avante....yep
Poster.....could you bring me up to speed on jazz music?
Avante....how far back to you want to go?

Who says......oh not too far back just want to know some of it.Plenty of people.

That's how it works.

It all depends on that person's interest.

You have no control over that.

Answer the question:

Avant
06-06-2019, 04:45 AM

That's how it works.

Answer the question:

I noticed you once again totally ignored my HBCU example, sheesh~~~~~~

Stupid, there is a reason I know far more about sports/music than anyone here, ya see I knew how important it was to find the beginnings and do the homework. Stupid, you really can't begin to fathom just how much I do know, now if a guy doesn't want all that kind of knowledge then ignore what it takes to be where I;m at with this stuff. Be like you a know nothing.

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 04:49 AM
I noticed you once again totally ignored my HBCU example, sheesh~~~~~~Nobody cares.

Stupid, there is a reason I know far more about sports/music than anyone here, ya see I knew how important it was to find the beginnings and do the homework. Stupid, you really can't begin to fathom just how much I do know, now if a guy doesn't want all that kind of knowledge then ignore what it takes to be where I;m at with this stuff. Be like you a know nothing.Nobody cares about your begging for approval either.

Answer the question:

Avant
06-06-2019, 04:54 AM
Nobody cares.

Nobody cares about your begging for approval either.

Answer the question:

So you ignore my questions but I need to answer yours, hahahahaha~~~~~~ Pavlov, are you really as stupid as you appear?

Stupid, if a guy wants to know all about anything he starts at the beginning, ok dummy? If he doesn't then don't.....ya reckon?

Is this freak retarded or what?

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 04:56 AM
So you ignore my questions but I need to answer yours, hahahahaha~~~~~~ Pavlov, are you really as stupid as you appear?

Stupid, if a guy wants to know all about anything he starts at the beginning, ok dummy? If he doesn't then don't.....ya reckon?

Is this freak retarded or what?So if he doesn't want to know everything, then are your beginning-to-end syllabus and homework assignment plan useful?

Avant
06-06-2019, 04:58 AM
Plenty of people.

That's how it works.

It all depends on that person's interest.

You have no control over that.

Answer the question:

Pavlov, who? Come on guy, who only wants to know a % of something? Well? Prove it or shut the fuck up.

Avant
06-06-2019, 05:01 AM
So if he doesn't want to know everything, then are your beginning-to-end syllabus and homework assignment plan useful?

I'll go slow, you can do this.

NOBODY.....has to get Avante involved at all, ok ya with me slugger? BUT.....if they do then it's done my way, got it slick?

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 05:03 AM
Pavlov, who? Come on guy, who only wants to know a % of something? Basically everybody in the world.

You still don't know everything.

You never will.

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 05:04 AM
I'll go slow, you can do this.

NOBODY.....has to get Avante involved at all, ok ya with me slugger? BUT.....if they do then it's done my way, got it slick?:lmao no, it's not.

You can't dictate the way someone wants to learn if he's just asking for a couple of recommendations.

What if he does that? Are you going to tell him no?

:lmao

Avant
06-06-2019, 05:13 AM
Basically everybody in the world.

You still don't know everything.

You never will.

I know nobody who sets out to know just a little. Dude....wrong~~~~

I know ALL there is to know about the things that interest Avante, there is nobody anywhere who knows more. Yes, there are a lot o things that don't interest me....

soccer
hockey
female rasslin'
romance novels/authors
The Opera
The Ballet
NASCAR
Lacrosse

But when it comes to what I care about I have it all 100% covered. I have no equal.

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 05:14 AM
I know nobody who sets out to know just a little. Dude....wrong~~~~

I know ALL there is to know about the things that interest Avante, there is nobody anywhere who knows more. Yes, there are a lot o things that don't interest me....

soccer
hockey
female rasslin'
romance novels/authors
The Opera
The Ballet
NASCAR
Lacrosse

But when it comes to what I care about I have it all 100% covered. I have no equal.Have you listened to every jazz recording ever made?

Avant
06-06-2019, 05:17 AM
:lmao no, it's not.

You can't dictate the way someone wants to learn if he's just asking for a couple of recommendations.

What if he does that? Are you going to tell him no?

:lmao

Yes it is, so WRONG.

I can dictate what somebody wants to learn IF they come to Avante.

poster....any recommendations when it comes to jazz music?
Avante.....if you just need a listen right now then......Black and Tan....Duke Ellington. But....of you like that and want more then we need to talk, ok?

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 05:20 AM
Yes it is, so WRONG.

I can dictate what somebody wants to learn IF they come to Avante.

poster....any recommendations when it comes to jazz music?
Avante.....if you just need a listen right now then......Black and Tan....Duke Ellington. But....of you like that and want more then we need to talk, ok?:lmao you didn't dictate what he wanted at all in that example, dummy.

Avant
Have you listened to every jazz recording ever made?

I have listened to everyone who is anyone in that genre, I have heard their best stuff. I could hang with anyone in the world talking jazz. If....who, what, where and when.

Pavlov
I have listened to everyone who is anyone in that genre, I have heard their best stuff. I could hang with anyone in the world talking jazz. If....who, what, where and when.You didn't answer the question.

Yes or no.

Avant
06-06-2019, 05:21 AM
:lmao you didn't dictate what he wanted at all in that example, dummy.

Wrong as usual stupid....he listened to Black and Tan...just like I told him. So think stupid.

Avant
06-06-2019, 05:25 AM
You didn't answer the question.

Yes or no.

Dude, that right there tells me you know....0....about any of this stuff. You don't have to listen to 100% of anyone to get their sound.

Pavlov, why do always try and talk about things yo know shit about?

ONE listen and ta know Hank Williams ain't no rapper, rocker, soul, funk, reggae, grunge, hip hop.

Pavlov, why do you fight this like ya do? I simply know a lot of stuff, why battle it?

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 05:26 AM
Wrong as usual stupid....he listened to Black and Tan...just like I told him. So think stupid.:lol no, you didn't dictate what he wanted.

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 05:27 AM
Dude, that righ there tells me you know....0....about any of this stuff. You don't have to listen to 100% of anyone to get their sound.You said you know 100%.

Now you're admitting you don't know 100%.

lol Avante

Avant
06-06-2019, 05:28 AM
:lol no, you didn't dictate what he wanted.

What did he listen to, well?

Avant
06-06-2019, 05:32 AM
You said you know 100%.

Now you're admitting you don't know 100%.

lol Avante

How about this then?

I know more about jazz/blues/music in general than anyone here?

Better? And, am totally prepared to prove it.

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 05:35 AM
What did he listen to, well?You didn't dictate what he wanted.

How about this then?

I know more about jazz/blues/music in general than anyone here?

Better? And, am totally prepared to prove it.:lol I made Avante walk back his stupid claim.

No one cares about how much anyone knows about anything here.

Especially people who lie about it like you.

Sorry.

Now say I TROLL U.

Avant
06-06-2019, 05:37 AM
You'd think by now all this kind of bullshit would be over. How obvious does it have to be that I have certain interests and am totally into them to the point of....guru?

Old guy here with TONS of experience, which is funny.

poster....you Googled that.
Avante...nope!
poster....you're also old.
Avante.....now think stupid, if I;m old then I was around when that happened.....right?
poster....ah.....well...hmmmm?

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 05:39 AM
Old guy here:lol no shit

Avant
06-06-2019, 05:43 AM
You didn't dictate what he wanted.

:lol I made Avante walk back his stupid claim.

No one cares about how much anyone knows about anything here.

Especially people who lie about it like you.

Sorry.

Wrong, I did dictate what he listened to.

Dude, who said anyone cared about anything, well?

Stupid, you saw all those books, all that music in those pictures, right? And, I talk about that stuff all the time, why? Dude, why do you care SO000000000 much about how much I know, it seems to bug you, why?

Dude, you will never find anyone who can hang with me if talking music/football/track.......so why do you keep fighting it like you do, well?

Avant
06-06-2019, 05:44 AM
:lol no shit

Dude, started getting into all this stuff in the late 50's, now think stupid.

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 05:44 AM
Wrong, I did dictate what he listened to.You didn't dictate what he wanted.

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 05:45 AM
Dude, started getting into all this stuff in the late 50's, now think stupid.Yes, you're really old.

We know.

And now you're begging for approval from strangers on the internet.

Avant
06-06-2019, 05:47 AM
You didn't dictate what he wanted.

Pavlov, it's this kind of thing that screams....FREAK. That little shit that actually means nothing that you go on and on and on and on about. It's freaky guy.

Pavlov, why do you worry so much about how much I know, well?

Avant
06-06-2019, 05:52 AM
Yes, you're really old.

We know.

And now you're begging for approval from strangers on the internet.

Yes I am, totally ancient that's why I know so much more than everyone else here. Dude, I remember when there were no Dallas Cowboys, no The Beatles, and there were only 14 teams in the NFL. Now don't you think a guy that old is going to know a ton of stuff?

The fun I have is dealing with idiots like you, who for some strange reason need to battle this when it's so damn obvious I;m just a know a lot guy.

I don't care about any approval, who gets that's here, yep, nobody.

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 05:53 AM
Pavlov, it's this kind of thing that screams....FREAK. That little shit that actually means nothing that you go on and on and on and on about. It's freaky guy.He wanted a recommendation. You didn't dictate what he wanted.

Pavlov, why do you worry so much about how much I know, well?I don't worry at all about how much you know. Why do you care so much about our approval and beg for it all the time?

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 05:55 AM
Now say I TROLL U.

Yes I am, totally ancient that's why I know so much more than everyone else here. Dude, I remember when there were no Dallas Cowboys, no The Beatles, and there were only 14 teams in the NFL. Now don't you think a guy that old is going to know a ton of stuff?

The fun I have is dealing with idiots like you, who for some strange reason need to battle this when it's so damn obvious I;m just a know a lot guy.

I don't care about any approval, who gets that's here, yep, nobody.Yet you still try harder than anyone to impress us.

Why?

Avant
06-06-2019, 05:59 AM
He wanted a recommendation. You didn't dictate what he wanted.

I don't worry at all about how much you know. Why do you care so much about our approval and beg for it all the time?

Dude, ever notice I just post stuff, it's you who starts fighting it...why? Where is any begging? I think by now only a freak like you doesn't see my knowledge on the things I talk about.

Pavlov, why lie about not caring about how much I know, dude, ya fight it all the time....why?

Avant
06-06-2019, 06:02 AM
Yet you still try harder than anyone to impress us.

Why?

Pavlov, you go pages and pages and pages just.....you suck..no you suck...no you suck...you suck....why do you do that? Well? We all have our thing, you love to bother everyone...why? I like to show off, it's funny watching know nothings like you battling it.

You stop seeing who you can pester and I;ll stop showing off, deal?

Avant
06-06-2019, 06:10 AM
I have to confess, I did think I knew the NFL, but.....I didn't see 100% of the games, and.....I did think I knew them blues and the rasslin', but.....I haven't heard 100% of the blues songs or saw 100% of all the matches, so.....

Now how stupid is that? Is this Pavlov a freak or what?

Avant
06-06-2019, 06:26 AM
I was in 6th grade, I bought this record for my then girlfriend Annie Graves, she was the fastest kid in school, boy or girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQlByoPdG6c

There is a very interesting movie on NETFLIX about the history with that song. Something I didn't know about.

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 01:30 PM
I was in 6th grade, I bought this record for my then girlfriend Annie Graves, she was the fastest kid in school, boy or girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQlByoPdG6c

There is a very interesting movie on NETFLIX about the history with that song. Something I didn't know about.We've heard that song.

Your thread is a failure.

Avant
06-06-2019, 02:16 PM
We've heard that song.

Well no shit. Dude, was talking about a movie on NETFLIX,this actually had to be explained to you?

Stupid how about something by...

Sammy Hill
Six Cylinder Smith
Spark Plug Smith
Bull City Red
Cedar Creek Sheik
Bayless Rose
The Nugrape Twins
The Two Poor Boys
Kid Brown
Boweavil Jackson
King Solomon Hill
Garfield Akers

ever hear of any of them?

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 02:25 PM
Well no shit. Dude, was talking about a movie on NETFLIX,this actually had to be explained to you?

Stupid how about something by...

Sammy Hill
Six Cylinder Smith
Spark Plug Smith
Bull City Red
Cedar Creek Sheik
Bayless Rose
The Nugrape Twins
The Two Poor Boys
Kid Brown
Boweavil Jackson
King Solomon Hill
Garfield Akers

ever hear of any of them?Yes, therefore your thread is a failure.

Avant
06-06-2019, 03:06 PM
Yes, therefore your thread is a failure.

I don't believe you.

Even a blues fan the ordinary kind wouldn't know that gang, they are in that shadowy obscure relm. Only guys like myself know about them.

There is noway you could have heard about any of them.

Have you heard of this gang....

Ben Convington
Alec Johnson
Alfred Lewis
Pigmeat Terry
Lewis Black
Sloppy Henry
Will Weldon
Mooch Richardson

Now you are thinking....did he make those up....ha~~~

Avant
06-06-2019, 03:08 PM
Pavlov, always says....I don't care how much you know. Then he ends up playing....you're thread is a failure...hahahahaha~~~~~~

I could start right now and post 1000 songs nobody here has ever heard.

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 03:13 PM
I don't believe you.Sorry, I distinctly remember hearing the Two Poor Boys' recording of the John Henry ballad.

You lose.

Avant
06-06-2019, 03:22 PM
Sorry, I distinctly remember hearing the Two Poor Boys' recording of the John Henry ballad.

You lose.

Stupid, why is it you never everr actually get anything ever?

I can always post a 1000 songs nobody here has ever heard, there was no time line. And I still don't believe you, all you did was run off to Google. So what were their real names, yep...no clue or another Google.

Stupid, who was that state Governor who was a well known blues man?

Speaking of threads, are you ever going to do one?

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 03:27 PM
Stupid, why is it you never everr actually get anything ever?

I can always post a 1000 songs nobody here has ever heard, there was no time line. And I still don't believe you, all you did was run off to Google. So what were their real names, yep...no clue or another Google.

Stupid, who was that state Governor who was a well known blues man?

Speaking of threads, are you ever going to do one?:lol Avante getting upset about his failed thread and shitting out random trivia.

Avant
06-06-2019, 03:37 PM
:lol Avante getting upset about his failed thread and shitting out random trivia.

Pavlov, where do I say anything about how long this is suppose to take? Are you really stupid enought to think I can't post at least a 1000 songs nobody here has ever heard of? And you are lying about knowing The Too Poor Boys.

Stupid. you have any idea at all just how many old blues/country songs are out there? I;m talking pre 1940.

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 03:38 PM
Pavlov, where do I say anything about how long this is suppose to take? Are you really stupid enought to think I can't post at least a 1000 songs nobody here has ever heard of? And you are lying about knowing The Too Poor Boys.

Stupid. you have any idea at all just how many old blues/country songs are out there? I;m talking pre 1940.:lmao Avante so upset he doesn't have an exclusive on knowing some old ass song exists.

Do you realize how ridiculous you are?

:lmao "Too" Poor Boys

Avant
06-06-2019, 04:28 PM
:lmao Avante so upset he doesn't have an exclusive on knowing some old ass song exists.

Do you realize how ridiculous you are?

:lmao "Too" Poor Boys

Dude, ridiculous is even mentioning....Too/Two....talk about being tiny, wow.

Pavlov, you always try and pull this stupid..."so upset"....bullshit, too damn stupid to get you are just something to kick around, toy with. Nobody gets upset over some known idiot like you...ok?

Pavlov, we both know you ran off to Google, ok? There is no way "YOU" knew about Evans & McClain The Two Poor Boys.

Ok, starting now the next 1000 songs will all be.....never heard that one before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ2uBV9bLnw

Pavlov
06-06-2019, 04:34 PM
Dude, ridiculous is even mentioning....Too/Two....talk about being tiny, wow.

Pavlov, you always try and pull this stupid..."so upset"....bullshit, too damn stupid to get you are just something to kick around, toy with. Nobody gets upset over some known idiot like you...ok?

Pavlov, we both know you ran off to Google, ok? There is no way "YOU" knew about Evans & McClain The Two Poor Boys.Of course someone can have heard a song that has been around for almost a century.

I've posted here before about the Blues Before Sunrise radio show I used to listen to on Saturday nights. They had an hour dedicated to prewar blues.

You're not special.

Sorry.

Avant
06-08-2019, 12:41 AM
Of course someone can have heard a song that has been around for almost a century.

I've posted here before about the Blues Before Sunrise radio show I used to listen to on Saturday nights. They had an hour dedicated to prewar blues.

You're not special.

Sorry.

As usual you never ever really get it.

There you sit listening to that radio show, they are playing ...."How Long How Long" by Leroy Carr, now where was Carr from and who is that on the guitar? And just where does that song and Carr/guitar man fit into the big picture? Yep, you have no clue.

Watch this...

Here we have one of the oldest cats to ever record them blues, he was born in the 1880;s. Now where did he play and what was that thing he played? And there is something a little unique about him, what?

Yep, you have no clue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd0GnCtjgKE

Only special when talking them blues/football and track, could hang with anyone in the world.

Pavlov
06-08-2019, 12:03 PM
As usual you never ever really get it.

There you sit listening to that radio show, they are playing ...."How Long How Long" by Leroy Carr, now where was Carr from and who is that on the guitar? And just where does that song and Carr/guitar man fit into the big picture?:lol Usually the host would say all of that because he knows more about the blues than you ever could. It was his job for thirty years.

If I wanted to know anything more I could Google it just like you did to get that video -- like knowing it was Scrapper Blackwell on guitar and the song was very influential and is still played and recorded to this day.

You're not special. You're a boring old man with a shit shack crying out for attention by saying you know some trivia.

Pavlov
06-08-2019, 12:23 PM
Henry Thomas was playing the quills, a kind of pan flute made of cane reeds. Modified versions of his songs were covered in the 60s and 70s folk revival by Dylan and Canned Heat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYy716zmXcM

Yes, I googled it -- which is the whole point.

lol Avant

aj3292
06-08-2019, 12:40 PM
Avant Thank you for the history overview and the accompanying list of artists. You’re entirely right that I do want to learn about the history and development of blues and jazz. Learning the context around something as well as how it has evolved is of interest to me. It is also, as you mentioned, one of the harder things to learn through pure research (compared to finding music that is simply stylistically similar to what one already listens to).
Pavlov I have done some of the branching you’ve suggested in the past. It is more my usual learning style, particularly since I tend to focus on a narrow band of any subject. That continues to make it good advice. That doesn’t remove the usefulness of Avante’s information or recommendations, however. If anything, it enhances them, since it gets me out of my typical “narrow band” mode of discovery.

I found both of your posts helpful. Both catering to my regular learning style and offering a different framework are useful to me.

Pavlov
06-08-2019, 12:58 PM
Avant Thank you for the history overview and the accompanying list of artists. You’re entirely right that I do want to learn about the history and development of blues and jazz. Learning the context around something as well as how it has evolved is of interest to me. It is also, as you mentioned, one of the harder things to learn through pure research (compared to finding music that is simply stylistically similar to what one already listens to).
Pavlov I have done some of the branching you’ve suggested in the past. It is more my usual learning style, particularly since I tend to focus on a narrow band of any subject. That continues to make it good advice. That doesn’t remove the usefulness of Avante’s information or recommendations, however. If anything, it enhances them, since it gets me out of my typical “narrow band” mode of discovery.

I found both of your posts helpful. Both catering to my regular learning style and offering a different framework are useful to me.Eh, buy an older edition of Jazz Styles: History and Analysis for an overview of origins and influences. Sometimes you can get the companion CDs containing the songs discussed as well but you can probably find all those tracks online.

Sir Johnny
06-12-2019, 06:40 PM
Avant (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=54054) Thank you for the history overview and the accompanying list of artists. You’re entirely right that I do want to learn about the history and development of blues and jazz. Learning the context around something as well as how it has evolved is of interest to me. It is also, as you mentioned, one of the harder things to learn through pure research (compared to finding music that is simply stylistically similar to what one already listens to).
Pavlov (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7343) I have done some of the branching you’ve suggested in the past. It is more my usual learning style, particularly since I tend to focus on a narrow band of any subject. That continues to make it good advice. That doesn’t remove the usefulness of Avante’s information or recommendations, however. If anything, it enhances them, since it gets me out of my typical “narrow band” mode of discovery.

I found both of your posts helpful. Both catering to my regular learning style and offering a different framework are useful to me.

You do need to spend a little $$$$$ and purchase this book.....

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/516SZZY386L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpghttps://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/516SZZY386L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Sir Johnny
06-14-2019, 12:56 AM
How about some Baby Washington?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVT9DKfe9ds

Sir Johnny
06-18-2019, 04:28 AM
So much hillbillie/Okie music that was recorded prior to 1940, that nobody here has ever heard. Change that 1000 to 10,000.

Clarence Ashley recorded the first version of "House of the Rising Sun" in 1933 and he also recorded the first "Little Saddie" which Bob Dylan covered.

I like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvJ6M0Oz0lU

Sir Johnny
06-22-2019, 05:19 AM
I was over on another site when a poster started talking country music. Now that is a track forum but more......track fans talking.....than stick to track talk.

I can't believe just how ignorant so many people are about that music. I listen to everything but the opera, good country can stand with anything when it comes to a great listen. Hank Williams on a par with anyone as is Patsy Cline, Merle Haggard, Jimmie Rodgers, Bob Wills, Bill Monroe, Marty Robbins etc.

Yes, sometimes you need what fits the mood, and nothing but early jazz or 50's Doowop or The Ramones, The Clash, Iggy Pop and The Stooges, etc will work. But when

your baby leaves you, the job sucks, your old bulldog just died and your tank reads E, how can you beat...........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e06mxHeczeo

Pavlov
06-22-2019, 01:05 PM
I've heard of all those people.

DMC
06-23-2019, 02:09 AM
I was over on another site when a poster started talking country music. Now that is a track forum but more......track fans talking.....than stick to track talk.

I can't believe just how ignorant so many people are about that music. I listen to everything but the opera, good country can stand with anything when it comes to a great listen. Hank Williams on a par with anyone as is Patsy Cline, Merle Haggard, Jimmie Rodgers, Bob Wills, Bill Monroe, Marty Robbins etc.

Yes, sometimes you need what fits the mood, and nothing but early jazz or 50's Doowop or The Ramones, The Clash, Iggy Pop and The Stooges, etc will work. But when

your baby leaves you, the job sucks, your old bulldog just died and your tank reads E, how can you beat...........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e06mxHeczeo

When your daughter and her child live with you, your son is a greeter at Walmart and has herpes and frosted tips, and your house looks like the before images of a Chip and Joanna Gains episode, you could probably write your own ballad.

Sir Johnny
06-23-2019, 03:32 AM
I've heard of all those people.

How about these people?

Asa Martin
B.F.Shelton
Homer Callahan
Garfield Akers
Joe Callicott
Geechie Wiley
Kid Brown
Pigmeat Terry
Moses Mason
Ollie Ross
Jack Ranger
Curley Weaver
Slim Barton
Charlie Hicks
Frank Floyd
Bo Jones
Willie Reed
Ramblin' Thomas
Cryin' Sam Collins
King Solomon Hill
Ishman Bracey
Rube Lacy
Kid Bailey
Gwen Foster

That is a faction of a fraction of those that are......who?.....to you and most everyone else.

Sir Johnny
06-23-2019, 03:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2FkGAqdzgU

Bull City Red played some with Floyd Council who was the FLOYD in Pink Floyd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9SivL7ebg4

Sir Johnny
06-23-2019, 03:49 AM
As we all know roots/old timey music is pretty obscure to most simply because they don't care. But in that music there are those who recorded enought to be noticed the second you try to find out about that old stuff. Then there are those who only recorded a record or a couple. Here is where it gets really interesting, finding these shadows, those mysteries.

I own 12 big books on them blues. Yet, there is no mention anywhere of Bo Jones, Ollie Ross, Jack Ranger, Pillie Bolling, Freezone.

This is as primitive as it gets, he was a Texan. Recorded one record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLDOGPzFibU

Pavlov
06-23-2019, 04:12 AM
You know if you asked nicely and stop being an asshole those guy might stop posting pictures of you and yours.

Sir Johnny
06-23-2019, 04:33 AM
You know if you asked nicely and stop being an asshole those guy might stop posting pictures of you and yours.

That has always been funny.

Avante....check out Blind Blake, he was one of the first great blues guitarists. And nobody knows what happened to him, he just vanished.
Poster....fuck all that old shit, nobody cares
Avante.....well fuck you.
Another poster....Avante always causing trouble, what an asshole.

Ha~~~~~~~~

Mitch
06-24-2019, 02:43 AM
Got something to request, avante.

Most influential song nobody really knows about

Sir Johnny
06-24-2019, 06:04 PM
Got something to request, avante.

Most influential song nobody really knows about

That would be this one.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlttlljMBKQ

That song was a big success and got the record companies looking for similiar talent and they found it in Ma Rainey and Bessie Smith. We didn't see the men get involved until 1924 with Papa Charley Jackson, Daddy Stovepipe and Ed Andrews(one record)****

The bottom line is the influense black blues had on Jimmie Rodgers, The Carter family who were the first country artists, and the influense they had on Hank Williams, Ernest Tubb, Roy Acuff. While them blues from the early 20's was influensing guys like Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters who influensed.......and so it went. Elvis talks about the influense them blues had on him, as does Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley and so on.

But all that did start with "Crazy Blues" from 1920.

*****Some point to the 1923 banjo work of Sylvester Weaver as the first blues by the men. But the first vocals came in 1924. The big male STAR showed up in 1926 and Texan Blind Lemon Jeffferson.

Sir Johnny
06-24-2019, 06:24 PM
The great Jackie Shane and new to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D06MmIk4GIQ

BD24
06-24-2019, 09:45 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Xu5Df6t.png

DJR210
06-24-2019, 10:18 PM
https://i.imgur.com/IGFBLUh.jpg

DJR210
https://i.imgur.com/TsgkUEd.jpg

DJR210
https://i.imgur.com/SOALJuR.gif

DJR210
06-24-2019, 10:20 PM
https://i.imgur.com/n6YKTTn.jpg

DJR210
06-24-2019, 10:20 PM
Sup Sir Johnny?

Will Hunting
06-24-2019, 11:12 PM
Sup Sir Johnny (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=53785)?
He’s probably got us all ignore listed now :lol, which is really pathetic since putting us on ignore basically does nothing to spare his family the embarrassment.

Mitch
06-24-2019, 11:28 PM
That would be this one.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlttlljMBKQ

That song was a big success and got the record companies looking for similiar talent and they found it in Ma Rainey and Bessie Smith. We didn't see the men get involved until 1924 with Papa Charley Jackson, Daddy Stovepipe and Ed Andrews(one record)****

The bottom line is the influense black blues had on Jimmie Rodgers, The Carter family who were the first country artists, and the influense they had on Hank Williams, Ernest Tubb, Roy Acuff. While them blues from the early 20's was influensing guys like Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters who influensed.......and so it went. Elvis talks about the influense them blues had on him, as does Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley and so on.

But all that did start with "Crazy Blues" from 1920.

*****Some point to the 1923 banjo work of Sylvester Weaver as the first blues by the men. But the first vocals came in 1924. The big male STAR showed up in 1926 and Texan Blind Lemon Jeffferson.

Real interesting, great voice on that woman

DJR210
06-25-2019, 12:05 AM
He’s probably got us all ignore listed now :lol, which is really pathetic since putting us on ignore basically does nothing to spare his family the embarrassment.

:lol typical selfish prick move tbh.. shows how little he cares for his family

chunticakes
06-25-2019, 12:14 PM

Good. The old faggot can talk to himself and leave us alone.

Sir Johnny
07-10-2019, 04:45 AM
Another new to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FXzfXBHXW8

Sir Johnny
07-10-2019, 05:39 AM
I'm betting if I just kept it pre 1950 nobody here has heard anything.

Anyone familiar with....

Louis Jordan
Cab Calloway
Lena Horne
The Ink Spots
The Mills Brothers
Wynonnie Harris

Have to know about Billie Holliday, right?