PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in Chris Paul, Clint Capela or Rockets "spare parts"?

Rummpd
05-29-2019, 03:48 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26847098/rockets-making-cp3-others-available

Is Clint Capela in any way a viable option?

In other news - their coach on hot seat.

Rummpd
05-29-2019, 03:49 PM
Moderator please fix title should be “spare parts”

dbreiden83080
05-29-2019, 03:52 PM
"The possibility of trading All-NBA guard James Harden is believed to be extremely limited"

I hope that is 100% false. Time was you play a whole career some place and dominate, you don't get traded just because you did not win a ring. Spurs did NOT ship David out of town after losing in the playoffs year after year. Neither did the Knicks, (Ewing traded when he was done years later) Pacers, or Jazz with their star players in the 90's..

Dex
05-29-2019, 04:00 PM
Chris Paul is easily one of the top 5 worst contracts in the NBA right now.

Dude is injury-prone, showing severe signs of decline, and is due $114M over the next three seasons. He will be making $44M when he is 36 years old, and is already starting to look ancient out there.

That is a contract that would make DeRozan and Mills combined blush. Never mind the fact that he is one of the biggest assholes in the NBA (dirty, whines, flops, etc.)

As for Capela, he is useless if he doesn't have someone to throw him lobs...and even that doesn't work in the playoffs which is why he got benched against GSW.

Hard, hard pass. Let Houston stay fucked by those bad decisions.

DC23
05-29-2019, 04:01 PM
I've always been a PJ Tucker fan. Plays hard, great defender and rebounds well. Friendly salary. I'd much rather have him over Marco.

NASpurs
05-29-2019, 04:04 PM
Chris Paul? I rather keep DeRozan which is saying something.

Dex
05-29-2019, 04:05 PM
I've always been a PJ Tucker fan. Plays hard, great defender and rebounds well. Friendly salary. I'd much rather have him over Marco.

They won't move Tucker...he is one of their best defenders, a good 3-point shooter, and is on a very friendly contract.

Genovaswitness
05-29-2019, 04:05 PM
at least the rockets org is showing some balls willing to dump their shitty underperforming players. here in san antonio we reward them with bloated contracts for the "culture"

Realdeal1
05-29-2019, 04:09 PM
Cue the Chris Paul to the lakers rumors

NASpurs
05-29-2019, 04:10 PM

Surely a loser in his prime like DeRozan could be more enticing than a over the hill loser like CP3?

Ocotillo
05-29-2019, 04:13 PM
Spurs dodged a bullet when Paul stood them up to sign with Houston. Pau gets a bonus for playing along and it turns out to be a bad contract but looks like we have as many rings as the Rockets do since the signing. Morey often makes a splash in the off season but how many ships does he have?

spurraider21
05-29-2019, 04:14 PM
in a vacuum i'd gladly take paul over derozan right now, even with their contracts considered. but we already have something of a logjam at guard and need bodies that can function at the wings

DJR210
05-29-2019, 04:20 PM
I'd do a straight up swap DeRozan for Harden tbh, but Rockets wouldn't do it

spurraider21
05-29-2019, 04:22 PM
I'd do a straight up swap DeRozan for Harden tbh, but Rockets wouldn't do it
oh you would? thats really interesting tbh... just the other day i was pondering if i'd trade patty for steph curry tbh

Russ
05-29-2019, 04:26 PM

Surely a loser in his prime like DeRozan could be more enticing than a over the hill loser like CP3?

The Lakers seem to make their moves based upon name value (which they know) rather than playing value going forward (which they have no clue of).

CP3 to the Lakers could happen.

exstatic
05-29-2019, 04:30 PM
"The possibility of trading All-NBA guard James Harden is believed to be extremely limited"

I hope that is 100% false. Time was you play a whole career some place and dominate, you don't get traded just because you did not win a ring. Spurs did NOT ship David out of town after losing in the playoffs year after year. Neither did the Knicks, (Ewing traded when he was done years later) Pacers, or Jazz with their star players in the 90's..

Morey has never seen his players as people, only assets. He would have traded David.

DJR210
05-29-2019, 04:31 PM
oh you would? thats really interesting tbh... just the other day i was pondering if i'd trade patty for steph curry tbh

:lol That would also be an amazing trade.. DeRozan is the far lesser of the two losers of course, but you never know how stupid the Rockets could be.. I mean they built that team and hired D'antoni..

Spurs HAVE to be receiving some sort of blessing from the basketball Gods at some point, we haven't been blessed since 2011

DPG21920
05-29-2019, 04:33 PM
I love how Morey framed this as a good deal “they may even be willing to trade CP3 to improve” :lol

May be willing....lol....they would ship him out for sure if they could. That contract is going to limit what they can get big time.

spurraider21
05-29-2019, 04:35 PM
:lol That would also be an amazing trade.. DeRozan is the far lesser of the two losers of course, but you never know how stupid the Rockets could be.. I mean they built that team and hired D'antoni..

Spurs HAVE to be receiving some sort of blessing from the basketball Gods at some point, we haven't been blessed since 2011
dantoni has been a great hire for them, and they were a CP3 injury away from beating the hyper stacked warriors team last season. they built the team around harden and 3 point shooting. derozan is the antithesis to their entire philosophy

RC_Drunkford
05-29-2019, 04:37 PM

Let's hope they trade for him. That would be even dumber than trading the #4 pick for DeRozan. I'd love to see the Lakers missing the playoffs with LeBron, CP0 and Melo. They would suck until 2024 at least

timvp
05-29-2019, 04:37 PM
Yeah, that CP3 contract is death. Especially factoring in how far CP3 fell this season, you're looking at a franchise killing contract if you dare to take that on.

RC_Drunkford
05-29-2019, 04:39 PM
I could see a CP0/John Wall trade happening

DJR210
05-29-2019, 04:39 PM
dantoni has been a great hire for them, and they were a CP3 injury away from beating the hyper stacked warriors team last season. they built the team around harden and 3 point shooting. derozan is the antithesis to their entire philosophy

D'Antoni is fucking trash IMO.. has always come up just short. He's destined to lose, as are CP3 and Harden. Could'a would'a should'a as far as that Warriors series..

DJR210
05-29-2019, 04:42 PM
dderozan is the antithesis to their entire philosophy

Agreed on that for sure though

99 Problems
05-29-2019, 04:43 PM
Capela athleticism, probably go well with W, W & Lonnie moving forward. We tend to do very well with French players tbh..worth a thought if nothing else. Didnt he sign 4/80? Manageable money right there.

JeffDuncan
05-29-2019, 04:45 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26847098/rockets-making-cp3-others-available

Is Clint Capela in any way a viable option?

Capela, too expensive for what he does, imo. Good rebounder, no doubt, and good rim protector, but his contract is almost 20 million.

look_at_g_shred
05-29-2019, 04:47 PM
Capela athleticism, probably go well with W, W & Lonnie moving forward. We tend to do very well with French players tbh..worth a thought if nothing else. Didnt he sign 4/80? Manageable money right there.
Uhh and where exactly are we getting that 20 mil for next season? Like someone mentioned already, he's useless without the lobs harden throws him. Would much rather have Jakob, and its not even close.

exstatic
05-29-2019, 04:48 PM

4/80 is NOT manageable money for a support piece. He's also not French.

The value in a player like Capela is getting him right off the assembly line. Once he gets paid, his value diminishes dramatically. I would argue that if he is getting paid $20M per year, his contract is as horrible as Paul's for what he brings to the table.

timvp
05-29-2019, 04:48 PM
Capela was terrible in the playoffs. I wouldn't trade for him, either, tbh.

RC_Drunkford
05-29-2019, 04:50 PM
Just ask yourself this: What is Capela better at than Jakob Poeltl? And then ask yourself if that is worth paying 17 million more per season

99 Problems
05-29-2019, 04:57 PM
4/80 is NOT manageable money for a support piece. He's also not French.

The value in a player like Capela is getting him right off the assembly line. Once he gets paid, his value diminishes dramatically. I would argue that if he is getting paid $20M per year, his contract is as horrible as Paul's for what he brings to the table.

Manageable, comparable to max contracts which I’m not a fan of at all. Cap flex long term will beat out almost all max contracts.

MultiTroll
05-29-2019, 05:12 PM
Not saying take Capela. Am saying he was burned by WarriorRef on a number of key plays.
Houston choked in plenty of additional ways, but I found a number of the Capela burns to be at momentum changing times.

Example Donkey Breath clearly intentionally fouls him at 100-100 fairly late in one game. In fact Warriors were in a zone and no one was guarding Cap when he received the pass right under the hoop. Out of range Donkey actually did an intentional foul. No whistle, key the ABC/Disney faggot announcer 'what a sensational play by Donkey slurp slurp'.....

exstatic
05-29-2019, 05:13 PM
Manageable, comparable to max contracts which I’m not a fan of at all. Cap flex long term will beat out almost all max contracts.

Twenty million a year is a terrible contract for a role player.

Chillen
05-29-2019, 05:16 PM
No to both and CP3 no way that contract is awful and he could have signed with Spurs and teamed with Leonard (and Spurs could still have Kawhi).

Did Spurs show any interest in CP3 when he was a free agent? maybe or maybe not.

I could see Lakers take on that contract for CP3.

exstatic
05-29-2019, 06:05 PM
No to both and CP3 no way that contract is awful and he could have signed with Spurs and teamed with Leonard (and Spurs could still have Kawhi).

Did Spurs show any interest in CP3 when he was a free agent? maybe or maybe not.

I could see Lakers take on that contract for CP3.

Paul never let it get that far. He opted in when Houston wanted to trade for him, and never hit FA.

Mugen
05-29-2019, 06:07 PM
I'd be all in favor of moving Derozan, but even I wouldn't even consider trading it for that garbage CP0 contract tbh.

DPG21920
05-29-2019, 06:12 PM
Yeah, that CP3 contract is death. Especially factoring in how far CP3 fell this season, you're looking at a franchise killing contract if you dare to take that on.

Not only that, HOU has no youth at all (let alone enticing youth) to entice you to do so and what draft picks? They have Harden so what good are those futures?

SpurOutofTownFan
05-29-2019, 06:21 PM
Capela, too expensive for what he does, imo. Good rebounder, no doubt, and good rim protector, but his contract is almost 20 million.

This

Jonnyblue19
05-29-2019, 06:25 PM

Every other contract is manable if you are comparing it to a max contract.

gambit1990
05-29-2019, 07:17 PM
i really wonder if cp3 would end up getting bought out... he’d make a decent chunk of change...

mo7888
05-29-2019, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't want Paul but I don't think he's untradeable. I think there are possible deals for Houston with minny, Charlotte, or Orlando.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
05-29-2019, 07:24 PM
Let's hope they trade for him. That would be even dumber than trading the #4 pick for DeRozan. I'd love to see the Lakers missing the playoffs with LeBron, CP0 and Melo. They would suck until 2024 at leastThe NBA gifted the Lakers the #4 pick to use in a AD trade, you'll see.

gambit1990
05-29-2019, 07:30 PM
said it the season before last... rockets should trade harden for lebron.

cp3, lebron, capela... eric gordon + other three point shooters... lebron plays harder than harden (who doesn’t) and the ball would actually move...

with harden being younger than lebron the rockets could get more from the lakers than just doing the trade straight up.

RD2191
05-29-2019, 07:35 PM
I wonder if LA would give up the #4 for CP3?

baseline bum
05-29-2019, 07:38 PM
I wonder if LA would give up the #4 for CP3?

Shit Houston would dump CP0 on them for a future conditional second rounder.

Emperor
05-29-2019, 08:05 PM
Only deal i can see is DeRozan/Bertans/Forbes/29th pick or 19th? for Harden/Tucker. A Murray/Harden/Tucker/Aldridge/Poetl line up would have a pretty decent mix of offense and defense.

RD2191
05-29-2019, 08:22 PM
Shit Houston would dump CP0 on them for a future conditional second rounder.

:lmao

DAF86
05-29-2019, 08:38 PM
in a vacuum i'd gladly take paul over derozan right now, even with their contracts considered. but we already have something of a logjam at guard and need bodies that can function at the wings

No fucking way.

A 36 yo Chris Paul making 45 millions in one year :lmao

DAF86
05-29-2019, 08:45 PM
I could see a CP0/John Wall trade happening

That's plausible. Wall wouldn't fit the Rockets, but if Paul and Harden's relationship is really broken, that might be the only way the Rockets have of getting rid of Paul. They would probably have to offer a pick though.

A sign and trade for Butler would be Morey's wet dream.

look_at_g_shred
05-29-2019, 09:54 PM
Only deal i can see is DeRozan/Bertans/Forbes/29th pick or 19th? for Harden/Tucker. A Murray/Harden/Tucker/Aldridge/Poetl line up would have a pretty decent mix of offense and defense.
Wtf? How did anyone miss this ? lmao

DPG21920
05-29-2019, 09:58 PM
i really wonder if cp3 would end up getting bought out... he’d make a decent chunk of change...

I’d be shocked. He’s money hungry (nothing wrong with that) so can’t see him giving up a dollar and can’t see HOU improving by letting him walk for nothing since they aren’t in the money saving business.

DPG21920
05-29-2019, 10:00 PM
That's plausible. Wall wouldn't fit the Rockets, but if Paul and Harden's relationship is really broken, that might be the only way the Rockets have of getting rid of Paul. They would probably have to offer a pick though.

A sign and trade for Butler would be Morey's wet dream.

No. Way. Houston wants to win now. They have no draft pick this year (CLE trade) and why would they trade for an even worse contract for a player that won’t even play next year? Makes no sense at all. Even for a pick.

DPG21920
05-29-2019, 10:03 PM
Spurs have zero. I repeat ZERO chance at trading for Harden :lol. I don’t see how HOU would even entertain trading Harden. They will probably offer 3 First Rounders and Capela and Eric Gordon to try and improve and they may not be able to. But they are all in on winning now and no turning back.

Unless someone came in with some monster offer (which I literally can’t even create something that wild in my mind) Harden is staying put.

I could see someone trading for CP3 but it will cost HOU (which losing assets and CP doesn’t make them better). Maybe PHX would be dumb enough since they want a PG next to Booker and want to make the playoffs.

mo7888
05-29-2019, 10:12 PM
Spurs have zero. I repeat ZERO chance at trading for Harden :lol. I don’t see how HOU would even entertain trading Harden. They will probably offer 3 First Rounders and Capela and Eric Gordon to try and improve and they may not be able to. But they are all in on winning now and no turning back.

Unless someone came in with some monster offer (which I literally can’t even create something that wild in my mind) Harden is staying put.

I could see someone trading for CP3 but it will cost HOU (which losing assets and CP doesn’t make them better). Maybe PHX would be dumb enough since they want a PG next to Booker and want to make the playoffs.

Minnesota might be willing to move Teague and deing for him thinking Paul would help KAT and Wiggins.

Jordan might bring him home to NC if they lose Kemba and include baton and either biyombo or zeller.

I'm not sure any of that really helps Houston but if the relationship is toxic there I think those are the type of deals they might be able to find.

DPG21920
05-29-2019, 10:21 PM
Minnesota might be willing to move Teague and deing for him thinking Paul would help KAT and Wiggins.

Jordan might bring him home to NC if they lose Kemba and include baton and either biyombo or zeller.

I'm not sure any of that really helps Houston but if the relationship is toxic there I think those are the type of deals they might be able to find.

For sure - I agree they can find a deal to dump him (still tough) but if the goal is to get better? That is really difficult

Big Empty
05-29-2019, 10:23 PM
They need to unload Paul for younger cheaper talent. Would be the perfect thing for them to trade Paul to the Lakers and really shake up free agent signings in LA lol

BillMc
05-29-2019, 10:51 PM
Spurs dodged a bullet when Paul stood them up to sign with Houston. Pau gets a bonus for playing along and it turns out to be a bad contract but looks like we have as many rings as the Rockets do since the signing. Morey often makes a splash in the off season but how many ships does he have?

DPG21920
05-29-2019, 11:13 PM
The most damning thing about Morey is his utter disregard for draft picks/youth. To have no youth is a crime. To have no contracts that are truly cost controlled and cheap for a few years contributing is very poor management. To treat the draft and player development as if it is irrelevant is beyond me.

Fusternino
05-29-2019, 11:17 PM
I'd take Tucker for a 2nd round pick, but nothing else.

BillMc
05-29-2019, 11:28 PM
What a difference a year makes. Weren't the Rockets the ones who just wanted to "roll it back" since they were certain they were champs with Paul healthy?

Now blow it up but paradoxically stay in "win now" mode. :lol They should just wait it out and hope they get lucky or just find a good groove. (Kinda like the 2011 Mavs who had been around in that form for a couple of years, then gelled). This is more about the owner being pissed they lost at home against a Durant-less Warriors and wanting to make change for changes sake.

Either that, or everyone is sick of Chris Paul or lost faith in Mike D'Antoni which eventually happens everywhere they go.

DPG21920
05-29-2019, 11:30 PM
What a difference a year makes. Weren't the Rockets the ones who just wanted to "roll it back" since they were certain they were champs with Paul healthy?

Now blow it up.

They're in "win now" mode. They should just wait it out and hope they get lucky or just find a good groove. (Kinda like the 2011 Mavs who had been around in that form for a couple of years, then gelled). This is more about the owner being pissed they lost at home against a Durant-less Warriors and wanting to make change for changes sake.

Either that, or everyone is sick of Chris Paul or lost faith in Mike D'Antoni which eventually happens everywhere they go.

Combo of both tbh..

spurraider21
05-29-2019, 11:31 PM
No fucking way.

A 36 yo Chris Paul making 45 millions in one year :lmao
he's still playing at a high level. had #1 DRPM among point guards by a mile. offensively houston just underutilizes him because harden runs the point, but his metrics are still strong on that end too.

no doubt he's overpaid but he's still undoubtedly a big time positive player for whatever team he's on. cant say the same about derozan and he's being paid huge money, too.

DPG21920
05-29-2019, 11:33 PM
he's still playing at a high level. had #1 DRPM among point guards by a mile. offensively houston just underutilizes him because harden runs the point, but his metrics are still strong on that end too.

Look, winning with CP has always been tough even in his prime. He dribbled the ball as much as harden pretty much and I doubt his similar style would yield better results than Harden.

he’s just mad it’s not him dribbling the ball.

spurraider21
05-29-2019, 11:38 PM
Look, winning with CP has always been tough even in his prime. He dribbled the ball as much as harden pretty much and I doubt his similar style would yield better results than Harden.

he’s just mad it’s not him dribbling the ball.
if you're asking me if i think cp3 is worth 45 million per year, i'd agree that the answer is no.

but thats not the point i was making.

DPG21920
05-29-2019, 11:42 PM
if you're asking me if i think cp3 is worth 45 million per year, i'd agree that the answer is no.

but thats not the point i was making.

I didn’t mention money once in my post.

NASpurs
05-30-2019, 05:46 PM

DAF86
05-30-2019, 09:02 PM
No. Way. Houston wants to win now. They have no draft pick this year (CLE trade) and why would they trade for an even worse contract for a player that won’t even play next year? Makes no sense at all. Even for a pick.

Supposedly Harden and Paul's relationship is beyond repair. Also, Paul could be pretty much done by next year.

DPG21920
05-30-2019, 09:22 PM
Supposedly Harden and Paul's relationship is beyond repair. Also, Paul could be pretty much done by next year.

Still - you can dump CP without taking on a worse contract

DAF86
05-30-2019, 09:33 PM
Still - you can dump CP without taking on a worse contract

I'm not sure, tbh. If Paul isn't the worst contract on the NBA, he's right up there.

DPG21920
05-30-2019, 09:42 PM
I'm not sure, tbh. If Paul isn't the worst contract on the NBA, he's right up there.

Sure, but Wall is that much worse.

exstatic
05-30-2019, 09:57 PM
Sure, but Wall is that much worse.

I disagree. Wall will not be 36 in the last year of his deal. What makes CP3s deal so much worse is his advanced age and chronic hamstring issues.

RC_Drunkford
05-30-2019, 09:58 PM
CP0 for Biyombo and Batum would be great and wouldn't do a damn thing. CP0 on Dallas would be tough for us. Porzingis/Doncic/CP0 is a playoff team

DPG21920
05-30-2019, 10:05 PM
I disagree. Wall will not be 36 in the last year of his deal. What makes CP3s deal so much worse is his advanced age and chronic hamstring issues.

Dude, Wall was already overrated and can’t shoot and he just tore his Achilles- who cares about hamstrings??

phxspurfan
05-30-2019, 10:42 PM
Get rid of Mills and replace with Eric Gordon, tbh

RC_Drunkford
05-30-2019, 10:51 PM
Get rid of Mills and replace with Eric Gordon, tbh

that would be a huge improvement. Their salaries shouldn't match, but they do

cjw
05-30-2019, 11:04 PM
The most damning thing about Morey is his utter disregard for draft picks/youth. To have no youth is a crime. To have no contracts that are truly cost controlled and cheap for a few years contributing is very poor management. To treat the draft and player development as if it is irrelevant is beyond me.

And when he strikes it big in the draft, he F’s it up (Parsons before he got hurt) by being cute with the cap.

no doubt he's overpaid but he's still undoubtedly a big time positive player for whatever team he's on. cant say the same about derozan and he's being paid huge money, too.

This is a good explanation of the situation. His contract makes him a negative value in a trade (though Houston thinks they can get a team to give them something?), but he’s still a very good defender and efficient offensive player. Totally underutilized on the Rockets. Injuries make it hard to build around him too, as his availability will always be a quesrion.

Capela too isn’t a player who holds any trade value. He’s the same camp as most centers ... nice to have but but not at that price.

gambit1990
05-31-2019, 04:58 PM

:tu

Roscoe P. Coltrane
06-16-2019, 11:00 AM
The NBA gifted the Lakers the #4 pick to use in a AD trade, you'll see.Told ya, this shit was so obviously rigged.

MultiTroll
06-16-2019, 11:07 AM
Told ya, this shit was so obviously rigged.
While I know the NBA can and will rig for the Flakers as they have so many times before, why with their shitty record do you think it took a riggin to get #4?
Doesn't that = about how many ping pong balls they had?

I would think a real riggin would have been #1 2 or certainly 3.

exstatic
06-16-2019, 11:12 AM

For an analytics guy to disregard a simple equation like cost per win is a blind spot you could drive a truck through.

exstatic
06-16-2019, 11:21 AM
While I know the NBA can and will rig for the Flakers as they have so many times before, why with their shitty record do you think it took a riggin to get #4?

Not even close on the ping pong balls. They were slotted to pick #11, and jumped 7 spots.

RC_Drunkford
06-16-2019, 11:48 AM
LeBron not in the playoffs = lower ratings

Kurgan
06-16-2019, 11:50 AM

Lakers got the number 2 pick for like three straight years. First pick would have been too obvious but the league did try as hard as they could to help them. It's just that the LA front office and development staff are so fucking terrible they did nothing with those picks/players

Roscoe P. Coltrane
06-16-2019, 05:10 PM

I would think a real riggin would have been #1 2 or certainly 3.They gave the Pelicans the #1 so they would make the trade and gave the Lakers the #4 to use in the trade.

gambit1990
06-16-2019, 06:24 PM
it’s been reported that cp3 wants out but who knows if that’s actually true.

if he does want out... i feel like he’d be bought out at some point... can’t imagine him playing his last few years on a scrub team. could maybe see him sticking with boston or dallas but not sure if they have enough to offer the rockets.

i think he might get bought out and join the lakeshow...

exstatic
06-16-2019, 07:07 PM
it’s been reported that cp3 wants out but who knows if that’s actually true.

if he does want out... i feel like he’d be bought out at some point... can’t imagine him playing his last few years on a scrub team. could maybe see him sticking with boston or dallas but not sure if they have enough to offer the rockets.

i think he might get bought out and join the lakeshow...

You don’t buy out some who just started a 4/$160M contract. CP3 wanted the money. One of the downsides of that is an unworkable financial situation that lands you in NBA Siberia.

gambit1990
06-23-2019, 10:28 PM
cp3 said he’ll be in houston next year / that he’s very happy about that.

rockets are in such an awkward place since their players / pieces to trade are solid. cp3, tucker, gordon. capela was nonexistent against the warriors but i think that’s more so because the rockets weren’t using him right.

ZeusWillJudge
06-23-2019, 11:00 PM
I haven't read this whole thread... but how, exactly, would the Spurs offset Capela's salary? CP3's salary is an anchor. About the only Rocket "spare part" that might be worth looking at is Danuel House.

Dejounte
06-24-2019, 08:02 AM
I would take PJ Tucker. He would be perfect on this team.

look_at_g_shred
06-24-2019, 09:23 AM
I would take PJ Tucker. He would be perfect on this team.
We just drafted him.

Dejounte
06-24-2019, 11:38 AM
We just drafted him.

Having two PJ Tuckers wouldnt hurt.

cd98
06-24-2019, 12:34 PM
Spurs dodged such a bullet not signing CP3. That said, assuming no injuries to either player, if he could have played two years ago with Kawhi, maybe they could've knocked off GSW. But the next few years will be painful for Houston.

exstatic
06-25-2019, 10:58 AM
The worst thing to happen to Houston was to be SO fucking close to GS in 2018. If they'd have gotten their doors blown off, there's no way Fertitta would have OKd a CP3 contract like the one he signed.

cjw
06-25-2019, 05:21 PM
Jesus, now Woj is reporting they’re trying to recruit Jimmy Butler and offering Sixers Gordon/Capella in S&T?

Sixers can just tell them to pound sand and they have to find takers for both guys and possibly Tucker’s too.

gambit1990
06-25-2019, 08:42 PM
yeah, seems like they’re trying to get butler.

i don’t mind seeing cp3 ring, not big fans of harden & butler though.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2019, 12:14 AM

:tu

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2019, 12:15 AM
In no way do you bail the Rockets out of their jam.

JuneJive
06-26-2019, 04:01 AM
Philly can flip both Gordon / Capela.

If Butler decides he wants the Rockets, then Philly has to do it.

EricB
06-26-2019, 04:10 AM
Philly can flip both Gordon / Capela.

If Butler decides he wants the Rockets, then Philly has to do it.

No, they don’t. Houston has zero cap room. Philly doesn’t has to do jack shit to help the Houston Rockets

JuneJive
06-26-2019, 04:26 AM
They would be helping themselves, if Butler decides he wants to go to the Rockets.

HOU would deal Gordon / Capela either way. This way Philly gets something.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-26-2019, 05:25 AM
Harden, Paul and Butler on the same team :smokin I’d like to see that. Bet there’d be punches thrown during a random flight a month into the season.

buttsR4rebounding
06-26-2019, 05:30 AM
Harden, Paul and Butler on the same team :smokin I’d like to see that. Bet there’d be punches thrown during a random flight a month into the season.

I wonder how Butler would feel about Harden's defense?

gambit1990
08-23-2020, 03:46 PM
Chris Paul? I rather keep DeRozan which is saying something.

I'd be all in favor of moving Derozan, but even I wouldn't even consider trading it for that garbage CP0 contract tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FuE80-UG90

UnWantedTheory
08-23-2020, 04:39 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FuE80-UG90

I still wouldn't take that contract.

Chinook
08-23-2020, 04:57 PM

Seriously. Gambit is a weird. Dude. Raptors fan that still hangs around the forum (probably a DeRozan stan who followed DeMar down here), and he always has weird trade ideas that he'll bump under the false impression that we've changed our minds about the ideas being weird.

gambit1990
08-24-2020, 01:20 AM
the large majority of nba payers are overpaid. while he is one of them, he's also worth overpaying.

UnWantedTheory
08-24-2020, 03:38 AM
the large majority of nba payers are overpaid. while he is one of them, he's also worth overpaying.

At 35 years old, and something like $38 million a year, no he isn't.

cjw
08-24-2020, 08:09 AM

He was outstanding this year. And the Thunder got two first rounders to swap him for Westbrook. Westbrook’s game will not age gracefully given his woeful shooting. Paul is still a great defender and super efficient offensively.

He would have been a huge asset to several playoff teams and may not have cost that much to acquire from OKC after the initial trade.

Only two years left on the deal after this. What makes NBA contracts toxic is tenor, not necessarily amount. If he falls off next year, he’ll be a huge expiring contract.

ZeusWillJudge
08-24-2020, 10:23 AM
If a team needed that one piece to contend for a ship, Paul might be worth it. But you sure as shit don't build for the future on a 38 year-old. Especially at the expense of being able to afford other players that you can build on.

gambit1990
08-24-2020, 12:37 PM
At 35 years old, and something like $38 million a year, no he isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnvJKjyR8D8

gambit1990
08-24-2020, 12:48 PM
If a team needed that one piece to contend for a ship, Paul might be worth it. But you sure as shit don't build for the future on a 38 year-old. Especially at the expense of being able to afford other players that you can build on.
spurs trading for cp3 would've be less pointless then the spurs trading for demar.

harden and demar are bffs... spurs should've sent demar and murray for cp3 and tucker.

cp3 / white / tucker / bertans / la

spurs would be in the POs right now.

UnWantedTheory
08-24-2020, 01:04 PM
Seriously. Gambit is a weird. Dude. Raptors fan that still hangs around the forum (probably a DeRozan stan who followed DeMar down here), and he always has weird trade ideas that he'll bump under the false impression that we've changed our minds about the ideas being weird.
I see what you mean.

gambit1990
08-24-2020, 01:33 PM
it's so ridiculous that y'all would rather overpay for demar than overpay for the point god :lmao

lmk how y'all feel when the ink dries on demar's 4 year / $106 million deal with the spurs.

Chinook
08-24-2020, 01:34 PM
it's so ridiculous that y'all would rather overpay for demar than overpay for the point god :lmao

lmk how y'all feel when the ink dries on demar's 4 year / $106 million deal with the spurs.

You probably know DeMar better than the rest of us. Does that look like a good deal to you? I think he'd get a year less and less APY.

gambit1990
08-24-2020, 01:42 PM
You probably know DeMar better than the rest of us.
that's true, i said spurs were dead on arrival once they landed demar and that the raps would win it all with kawhi.

i know most things better than the rest of y'all.

Chinook
08-24-2020, 03:03 PM
that's true, i said spurs were dead on arrival once they landed demar and that the raps would win it all with kawhi.

i know most things better than the rest of y'all.

I'll trust you on Raptors-related topics for sure. How do you guys rate Ujuri's chances at landing Giannis?

exstatic
08-24-2020, 03:12 PM
I'll trust you on Raptors-related topics for sure. How do you guys rate Ujuri's chances at landing Giannis?

Really? They’re going after him? That would be a perfect time to drop an offer sheet for Anunoby. They’d have to dip into whatever cap room they have to match, unless renouncing him is part of clearing that cap room.

Chinook
08-24-2020, 03:23 PM
Really? They’re going after him? That would be a perfect time to drop an offer sheet for Anunoby. They’d have to dip into whatever cap room they have to match, unless renouncing him is part of clearing that cap room.

They are indeed rumored to be going after him. Giannis and Ujuri have a long history together. We'll see about an OG offer sheet. He's not playing well enough to where I'd want to be stuck overpaying him. Guess he'd have all of next year to figure that out, though. Also, OG could just not sign the offer sheet and let the Raptors match after they use their space. If he signs during the moratorium, then yeah, it could force their hands.

gambit1990
08-24-2020, 05:43 PM
cp3 ties up the series with 26 points on 52.6% shooting, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals.

KobesAchilles
08-24-2020, 05:55 PM
cp3 ties up the series with 26 points on 52.6% shooting, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals.
I would’ve traded him for Demar AND Dejounte ina heartbeat. Now I’m probably stuck another 4 years with these losers

gambit1990
08-24-2020, 07:00 PM
cp3 leading the league with points in the clutch.

miss me with "he's not worth it" bullshît.

UnWantedTheory
08-25-2020, 03:01 PM

Still this. ^

lefty
08-25-2020, 03:07 PM
Better than Porker

RC_Drunkford
08-25-2020, 03:31 PM
CP3 and Aldridge together would be a nightmare for opponents, but the Spurs banked on Dejounte

TD 21
08-25-2020, 04:32 PM
If DeRozan opts in, I'd offer him and Murray for Paul and Ferguson.

Considering they're historically obsessed with athleticism, it's worth a shot.

gambit1990
08-25-2020, 07:57 PM
If DeRozan opts in, I'd offer him and Murray for Paul and Ferguson.

Considering they're historically obsessed with athleticism, it's worth a shot.
i'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

i'd also inquire about bazley, diallo, dort.

gambit1990
08-31-2020, 10:52 PM
cHrIs PaUl IsN't WoRtH iT

Degoat
08-31-2020, 10:54 PM
If OKC beats the rockets in game 7 either Houston should have to sell their team or merge with the g league lmao

gambit1990
08-31-2020, 10:54 PM
down 6 with 3:30 left and cp3 leads his team to the W.

28 / 7 / 3 with 0 turnovers.

dude put in work tonight.

RC_Drunkford
09-01-2020, 02:15 PM
I forgot that CP3 is vegan. That should extend his career. His contract might not be as bad as it looks.