PDA

View Full Version : DeJounte Murray's Jumper Looks Much Improved!

Man Mountain
05-31-2019, 03:27 PM

Wow..

Doesn't even look like the same player..

timvp
05-31-2019, 03:38 PM
You can't put a whole of stock in a highlight reel but, yeah, his shot looks better. He's not putting his legs so close together like we've seen to date. With his wider base on jumpers, his stroke is more fluid.

Man, if he can actually shoot, that improves this team's outlook and fit so much . . .

prayingdog.jpg

GreekSpursfan
05-31-2019, 03:38 PM
Lets hope that this is the case, we need it badly since Depression is still upon us like a black cloud but never trust mix tapes only actual games. Reminder that hoodie Melo was a thing, a guy who never missed. Clips and mix tapes be damned.

Dex
05-31-2019, 03:46 PM
Lets hope that this is the case, we need it badly since Depression is still upon us like a black cloud but never trust mix tapes only actual games. Reminder that hoodie Melo was a thing, a guy who never missed. Clips and mix tapes be damned.

Why does someone have to come into every non-DeMar or non-Mills related thread and try to stir the pot with the same tired schtick?

How about you let us be excited about something for a change?

Pavlov
05-31-2019, 03:48 PM
Those three pointers look better than any three pointer I remember from him tbh.

ducks
05-31-2019, 03:49 PM
You rember wow

DJR210
05-31-2019, 04:22 PM
Is there a video? I don't see a link or anything on his insta..

exstatic
05-31-2019, 04:29 PM
Is there a video? I don't see a link or anything on his insta..

There's a video embedded in the tweet in the first post.

slick'81
05-31-2019, 04:30 PM
Just glad hes on track for the season opener

DJR210
05-31-2019, 04:44 PM
There's a video embedded in the tweet in the first post.

I don't know what setting I have, but there's nothing in that first post for me.. I was able to see the video on twitter though. Glad to see he's moving well :tu

Collins21
05-31-2019, 04:46 PM
Why does someone have to come into every non-DeMar or non-Mills related thread and try to stir the pot with the same tired schtick?

The shit is weird. These fools still have Kawhi on the brain fawning over the dude hoping he magically becomes a Spur again. Derozan has his warts but damn I'd take him over a dude who didn't play for them for 73 games.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-31-2019, 04:54 PM

95% of Spurs fans are like that and know very little about basketball - the first mistake is to actually think individuals win games by themselves. Basketball is a team-based sport.

There.. I just discovered fire

exstatic
05-31-2019, 04:56 PM
The shit is weird. These fools still have Kawhi on the brain fawning over the dude hoping he magically becomes a Spur again. Derozan has his warts but damn I'd take him over a dude who didn't play for them for 73 games.

95% of Spurs fans are like that and know very little about basketball - the first mistake is to actually think individuals win games by themselves. Basketball is a team-based sport.

There.. I just discovered fire

There's a big group of posters who badge as Spurs fans, but are not. They're normally Lakertrash just here to stir shit up, and are best ignored.

GreekSpursfan
05-31-2019, 04:59 PM

You are right about the schtick and i say this sincerely, from now on i'm gonna stop talking about DDR and Mills. I disagree about the excited part though because i want to be excited about things that actually transpire in real games not highlight reels and edited clips.

Dex
05-31-2019, 05:12 PM
You are right about the schtick and i say this sincerely, from now on i'm gonna stop talking about DDR and Mills. I disagree about the excited part though because i want to be excited about things that actually transpire in real games not highlight reels and edited clips.

I'll agree that you can't judge from highlight reels...but at least it shows the focus is there.

Dejounte definitely isn't resting on any laurels. He wants to improve, and the signs seem to be there.

Unfortunately, we have been forced to wait a year to see the results...so only time will tell.

GreekSpursfan
05-31-2019, 05:27 PM
I'll agree that you can't judge from highlight reels...but at least it shows the focus is there.

Dejounte definitely isn't resting on any laurels. He wants to improve, and the signs seem to be there.

Unfortunately, we have been forced to wait a year to see the results...so only time will tell.

I agree about his work ethic but we have to pump the brakes a little bit about him being a completely different, way better, player. All i want is some noticable improvement especially playmaking wise. To improve your shot straight away is not easy.

Kobe'sAchilles
05-31-2019, 05:47 PM
His release on his 3 looks a little slow. Kinda reminds me of Rudy Gay's release tbh. But he has the height where most point guards shouldn't bother him on his shot. If he could learn how to post up a bit that would help us a lot. My thinking is the only way to combat the 3 point chucking age is to get the opposing teams legs tired. If opposing guards are put in the post, it takes so much out of them to defend that it will affect their shot as the game goes.

Honestly our team's positive outlook revolves around Demar getting a corner 3 (something he had the last two seasons before he became a Spur) and DeJounte getting a jumper. Prayingdog.jpg indeed

itzsoweezee
05-31-2019, 05:53 PM
At least he's not shooting one-handed anymore

gospursgojas
05-31-2019, 06:17 PM
At least he's not shooting one-handed anymore

RC_Drunkford
05-31-2019, 06:18 PM
last offseason he was mainly working on catch and shoots. I like that he's hitting fadeaways and off the dribble pull ups now. Of course this is no indication on what percentage he can hit those shots in actual games, but it is a glimpse of hope

picnroll
05-31-2019, 06:25 PM
Murray, White, Walker AND Forbes will be better next year, a given. Question is how much better?

paperboy77
05-31-2019, 09:44 PM
That's freaking badass! The shot looks like a shot..... ain't Ray Allen or Curry but it looks smooth. Only thing is i hope he "remembers" how to shoot with this same flow versus NBA talent. Assuming he does... Spurs are going to be a beast next year! To hell with anyone who bashes me. Truth be told though.... why the F can't De Mar attempt the same?

acoelho1
05-31-2019, 09:52 PM
Not sure why everyone is surprised. His shot wasn’t broken and just needed better balance and reps. He will have a breakout year next season.

Light
05-31-2019, 10:05 PM
last offseason he was mainly working on catch and shoots. I like that he's hitting fadeaways and off the dribble pull ups now. Of course this is no indication on what percentage he can hit those shots in actual games, but it is a glimpse of hope

If this video is any indication, it looks like the elbow areas are spots he's getting comfortable operating from. If he can do dribble pull ups off PnR, or get to his spots with an improved handle, that would be a significant improvement.

look_at_g_shred
05-31-2019, 10:14 PM
Dude imagine if he’s fox level :wow

ZeusWillJudge
05-31-2019, 10:17 PM
Wow..

I'm always skeptical of highlight videos. But his stroke really is improved, and some of those shots were just hopeless last year. It's a game changer if he has developed a shot from more than about 4 feet out. Can he do it while being closely defended? I dunno, but at least that looks like he's got a chance.

Good video, thanks for sharing.

SpurPadre
05-31-2019, 11:02 PM
Doesn't look like a player that would miss all 10 of his shot attempts in a game, tbh.

ginobilized
05-31-2019, 11:19 PM
He seems to be going in the right direction.
My guess is that this will be a highly competitive camp coming up.
I see DJ bringing a lot to the team.

Thanks for the video.

james evans
05-31-2019, 11:29 PM
Let’s enjoy him while we can. When he decides to leave, y’all are gonna be calling for his head on a spike lol

Dennis the Menace
05-31-2019, 11:35 PM
Let’s enjoy him while we can. When he decides to leave, y’all are gonna be calling for his head on a spike lol

Dejounte isn’t leaving. He’s got an uncle, but the uncle is pro-Spur. He got passed up in the draft 28 times before the Spurs got him. Some players remember that stuff, I think he’s one of those. Spurs drafted him when others passed on him, Spurs have put in resources and patience to develop him, Spurs let a legend (Parker) move on so Dejounte could get the keys. Some players value that stuff, I think he’s one of those.

Spur for life

xellos88330
05-31-2019, 11:47 PM
I think Murray will do well next season. I'm not basing this on the highlights, but from what I saw during preseason last year. He was much more controlled and had purpose in his movement. If his jumper has indeed become a reliable weapon of his, then he will be a huge addition to the lineup. I am hopeful that he will be what the Spurs need to create havoc in the pick and roll much like TP used to. If he has a really good screener, then Murray has the potential to go off next season with an improved jumper.

tholdren
06-01-2019, 12:06 AM
Smart. Last guy to put together highlights on social media non stop became the 2nd pick and shoots 9 percent from the floor. . . Anyone can play in todays nba. ANYONE. yet here you are thinking edited half speed practice shots are cool..

ChumpDumper
06-01-2019, 12:15 AM
You are one bitter motherfucker.

Sorry you never went pro, dude.

tholdren
06-01-2019, 12:17 AM

You watch this.... sad to be you

alpha_HaZE
06-01-2019, 12:37 AM
I was happy to see that. Silly question, will he play in Summer League?

J_Paco
06-01-2019, 01:29 AM
Smart. Last guy to put together highlights on social media non stop became the 2nd pick and shoots 9 percent from the floor. . . Anyone can play in todays nba. ANYONE. yet here you are thinking edited half speed practice shots are cool..

You are a complete buffoon, man.

Lonzo sucks, but definitely shoots better than "9%" and we have three guards that have the potential or are better than him.

Keep posting your negative, whiny bullshit though since it is bringing so much thought and discussion to the boards.......

Chinook
06-01-2019, 01:37 AM
The midrange game will serve Murray well if he's going to transition toward being a top option on offense. But I don't love the fit with the current roster. I really wouldn't be happy with DeJounte using up possessions taking pull-ups if he's not playing with a lot of floor-spacers and can't mix in a heavy, heavy dose of play-making. There's nothing ever wrong with having a mid-range/off-dribble game. But right now, a Murray/White/DeRozan/Gay/Aldridge lineup seems like the most likely choice. Would be major isoing going on and very little shooting. If the Spurs end up trading DeRozan for a three-and-D forward and get another to start at the four, then they'll be glad to have these skills on DeJounte. But I feel like they'll be very feast-or-famine with so many midrange shooters playing. There's very little hope for good ball-movement without strong finishers (shooters or in the paint). It's hard to go from good to great without players' gravities opening up holes in the defense.

Pavlov
06-01-2019, 01:44 AM
You watch this.... sad to be you:lolYou watched it too, dumbass.

J_Paco
06-01-2019, 01:52 AM
:lolYou watched it too, dumbass.

He probably watches screaming at the television or with the razor blade ready for use.......

I couldn't imagine watching something that I clearly find no enjoyment in.

Pavlov
06-01-2019, 01:56 AM
He probably watches screaming at the television or with the razor blade ready for use.......

I couldn't imagine watching something that I clearly find no enjoyment in.What kind of lunatic posts on an NBA team's board for eight years to say he doesn't watch the NBA?

J_Paco
06-01-2019, 02:02 AM
What kind of lunatic posts on an NBA team's board for eight years to say he doesn't watch the NBA?

The sad kind that is tholdren

John B
06-01-2019, 02:36 AM
I love this, but seriously I’d be even more excited if it were Demar shooting 3’s. Let’s go Demar. Start hitting those 3’s

Fireball
06-01-2019, 03:35 AM
as soon as the pressure increases you fall back to old habits ... if he can sustain it I like it but we will have to see how he plays next season

exstatic
06-01-2019, 07:35 AM
I was happy to see that. Silly question, will he play in Summer League?

I would kind of doubt it. SL would start about 9 months into his one year recovery.

Blackhaus
06-01-2019, 08:50 AM
The shot looks a lot better and very fluid. What kinda raised my brow was the post up game. He can abuse smaller point guards down low, that would be noice

Blackhaus
06-01-2019, 08:51 AM
I didn’t see a brace on that knee either, interesting

ZeusWillJudge
06-01-2019, 09:01 AM

Is he going to fake an injury, hide in a closet to avoid talking to management, and then publicly demand to go to one of a couple of teams and ruin his trade value to the Spurs? If he's going to do all that, then let's start hating him now. If he's not, that's just a silly thing for you to say. There are ex-Spur players all over the league that we continue to follow and like.

james evans
06-01-2019, 09:25 AM
Is he going to fake an injury, hide in a closet to avoid talking to management, and then publicly demand to go to one of a couple of teams and ruin his trade value to the Spurs? If he's going to do all that, then let's start hating him now. If he's not, that's just a silly thing for you to say. There are ex-Spur players all over the league that we continue to follow and like.
None of those guys are top 2 or arguably the best in the league

BillMc
06-01-2019, 10:18 AM
I didn’t see a brace on that knee either, interesting

Yeah, I've been wondering about that. He also had a slam dunk vid he posted restively recently without a brace. Weird that he's brace-less. Good news, I guess, but it makes me nervous.

SAGirl
06-01-2019, 07:57 PM
The midrange game will serve Murray well if he's going to transition toward being a top option on offense. But I don't love the fit with the current roster. I really wouldn't be happy with DeJounte using up possessions taking pull-ups if he's not playing with a lot of floor-spacers and can't mix in a heavy, heavy dose of play-making. There's nothing ever wrong with having a mid-range/off-dribble game. But right now, a Murray/White/DeRozan/Gay/Aldridge lineup seems like the most likely choice. Would be major isoing going on and very little shooting. If the Spurs end up trading DeRozan for a three-and-D forward and get another to start at the four, then they'll be glad to have these skills on DeJounte. But I feel like they'll be very feast-or-famine with so many midrange shooters playing. There's very little hope for good ball-movement without strong finishers (shooters or in the paint). It's hard to go from good to great without players' gravities opening up holes in the defense.

I don't know what the long term plan is obviously but I am glad they aren't sacrificing his development bc of fit and I am really fine with that since I wanted a fresh start over for the team anyways and not this Franken-team put together (allegedly a team put together with Leonard in mind but without him now and Demar instead)...

Spurs need to raise their ceiling and it's possible that they see a very high ceiling in Dejounte's future.

I prefer they trade Derozan if Dejounte were worthy of wrestling offensive possessions from him. However that's getting way ahead of the moment. First, that's just a highlight reel with no NBA players guarding him, second coming off injury I expect a cautious approach anyways. Third, he needs opportunities to show his development and I imagine he wouldn't be consistent to begin with. If he were to show he's worthy of building around that would be great news for San Antonio.

picnroll
06-01-2019, 08:11 PM
Im allfor trading Derozan but doubt its in Pop or Spurs game-plan. It doesn't seem like Spurs are ever willing to risk the possibility in their minds of taking the risk of one step back short term for two steps forward long term.

tbdog
06-02-2019, 02:04 AM
Firstly, DD is on a expiry. His value isn't great. We know he'll resign with Lakers but that's about it. So your not getting a young stud for him. At most you get a side grade deal.

cd021
06-02-2019, 08:23 AM
I am particularly interested in whether he can become a guard that can post. He is still thin-ish but that could be something that he could begin to work on.

cd021
06-02-2019, 08:25 AM
Im allfor trading Derozan but doubt its in Pop or Spurs game-plan. It doesn't seem like Spurs are ever willing to risk the possibility in their minds of taking the risk of one step back short term for two steps forward long term.

I expect the Spurs to re-sign him which worries the hell out of me.

exstatic
06-02-2019, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I've been wondering about that. He also had a slam dunk vid he posted restively recently without a brace. Weird that he's brace-less. Good news, I guess, but it makes me nervous.

I think that someone said the dunk video was old footage. As for shooting around with coaches wearing orange vests, it’s not really taxing or dangerous. That was like 30-35% game speed.

bluebellmaniac
06-02-2019, 08:10 PM

WTF?

When did Chump come back from being dead?

look_at_g_shred
06-02-2019, 11:35 PM
Whoa, Big Off-Season!

NameLess Scrub
06-03-2019, 07:46 AM
Well I'm glad his shot doesn't look like he's trying to modify one handed floater mechanics for range.

NameLess Scrub
06-03-2019, 07:47 AM
WTF?

He didn't go away.. he was just using the Pavlov user

SAGirl
06-03-2019, 07:50 AM
Firstly, DD is on a expiry. His value isn't great. We know he'll resign with Lakers but that's about it. So your not getting a young stud for him. At most you get a side grade deal.
Side grade deal is fine if the fit is better. Still have to see Dejounte step up on games first, as I said.

—— As for his value, he might be of value to someone. I am reminded Marc Gasol was able to get traded and he was looking awful in Memphis at times, going back a couple of years.

RD2191
06-03-2019, 08:04 AM
WTF?

:lmao

bluebellmaniac
06-03-2019, 12:06 PM
He didn't go away.. he was just using the Pavlov user

The whole time? How did I miss this? How long has everyone known?

BackHome
06-03-2019, 10:46 PM
It’s kinda common knowledge. Lol.

Most posters have one or two Alts they use.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-04-2019, 01:41 AM
Getting two first rounders and the ever improving Murray added to a playoff roster. Excited for next season. :tu

monty4329
06-04-2019, 04:10 AM

Wow..

He's also playing with midget teenagers...Only an NBA game can tell us something new

Dejounte
06-04-2019, 05:54 AM
It’s kinda common knowledge. Lol.

Most posters have one or two Alts they use.

Thats fucking sad

cutewizard
06-04-2019, 06:39 AM
Getting two first rounders and the ever improving Murray added to a playoff roster. Excited for next season. :tu

:bobo

acoelho1
06-04-2019, 07:23 AM
He's also playing with midget teenagers...Only an NBA game can tell us something new

His shot did look improved in that preseason game that he got injured. It's safe to assume that his shot is better and by this video, he has made further strides.

KDKSpurs24
06-04-2019, 12:17 PM
Those guys aren’t even short if you really look at the vid... only one guy may be 5’11 or so. Don’t forget he’s gonna be taller than most of the guys that will be initially guarding him anyways.

look_at_g_shred
06-04-2019, 12:20 PM
Hey! That avatar fits with your "get of my lawn" persona

monty4329
06-04-2019, 03:02 PM
Hey! That avatar fits with your "get of my lawn" persona

hope you know who he is....

look_at_g_shred
06-04-2019, 03:22 PM
hope you know who he is....
I’d never disrespect Five - O like that.

Ocotillo
06-04-2019, 07:13 PM
I’d never disrespect Five - O like that.:p:

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-05-2019, 08:28 AM
I’d never disrespect Five - O like that.

Smh. :bang

Strategic
06-05-2019, 09:21 AM
Nice pick up game stroke. I’ve seen this atmosphere help create a few all star performances. Flying elbow a couple times here. Just like him to quit his tendency of getting himself into awkward shots in live games. All I’m really hoping for is Dejounte picking up where his game was prior to injury, which is fine. I was impressed with his trajectory. While huge strides since the injury are possible, it’s probably just wishful thinking.

exstatic
06-05-2019, 09:37 AM
Nice pick up game stroke. I’ve seen this atmosphere help create a few all star performances. Flying elbow a couple times here. Just like him to quit his tendency of getting himself into awkward shots in live games. All I’m really hoping for is Dejounte picking up where his game was prior to injury, which is fine. I was impressed with his trajectory. While huge strides since the injury are possible, it’s probably just wishful thinking.

He could have made big strides on his jumper while rehabbing. That is something that doesn't involve contact or athletic moves, and can be done alone in a gym, if necessary.