PDA

View Full Version : TrueHoop: Kawhi to re-sign with the Raptors

Uriel
06-01-2019, 06:51 AM
Posted this on the Kawhi thread, but I thought it was significant enough to warrant its own thread. I don’t know about the reliability of the source, but David Thorpe and Henry Abott were formerly with ESPN, so they should be at least fairly plugged-in.

[W]e at TrueHoop heard from plugged-in sources associated with players and the league—but not the team—that Kawhi would return to Toronto, at least on a short-term deal.

DeadlyDynasty
06-01-2019, 06:55 AM
:lmao DPG21920

Big Empty
06-01-2019, 06:57 AM
Why wouldnt he? He’l be in the finals every year especially if they play Powell over Danny Green

DeadlyDynasty
06-01-2019, 06:58 AM
If he really does extend, will the contingent that still hates him on this site turn their vitriol to PATFO, as deserved?

r0drig0lac
06-01-2019, 07:02 AM
not good for PATFO

exstatic
06-01-2019, 07:25 AM
not good for PATFO

Why’s that? They wanted him out of the West, and it looks like it will stay that way, at least in the short term.

LOL, Jeannie and Rob.

r0drig0lac
06-01-2019, 07:29 AM
Why’s that? They wanted him out of the West, and it looks like it will stay that way, at least in the short term.

LOL, Jeannie and Rob.

if this is confirmed, the scenario changes from "he wants to go to LA anyway" to "he wants to get out of SA anyway", this for me is much more serious.

TheGoatishere
06-01-2019, 07:30 AM
Given his injury history signing a short term deal would be foolish .

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-01-2019, 07:36 AM

LOL, Jeannie and Rob.

I agree 100%

I hope he stays in Toronto because we wouldn't have to face him as much and it makes the league better

But I doubt this is true due to his injury history and the fact that he serious about his money

spursparker9
06-01-2019, 07:42 AM
Good choice tbh.

Be the new Lebron's replacement and dominate the East and reaching Finals every year.

Let the western monsters beat/injure themselves on their way to the Finals. And then slay the western champion

Dejounte
06-01-2019, 07:42 AM
I'd prefer him to stay with Toronto anyway.

exstatic
06-01-2019, 07:44 AM
if this is confirmed, the scenario changes from "he wants to go to LA anyway" to "he wants to get out of SA anyway", this for me is much more serious.

Maybe his group finally decided to stop making crap financial decisions? It would cost him another $40M to leave. Or, just maybe they realized it’s a terrible look to have your meal ticket miss 25% of the season, and be dragging his leg up and down the court in the playoffs. They may be in take what you can get mode.

Dverde
06-01-2019, 08:08 AM
I always thought a two year max deal with a one year opt out made sense. Sign the longer max deal after this one.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-01-2019, 08:10 AM
Spurs :lmao

exstatic
06-01-2019, 08:10 AM
I always thought a two year max deal with a one year opt out made sense. Sign the longer max deal after this one.

Given his injury history signing a short term deal would be foolish .

exstatic
06-01-2019, 08:13 AM
Spurs :lmao

Actually, the two biggest losers, if this is true, are agents and the Los Angeles Lakers. This would be the second straight summer that the Lakers ‘tamper and steal’ strategy has come up a crapper. Teams have now figured out that this is a bluff, so agents now have less leverage.

Rummpd
06-01-2019, 08:24 AM
Biggest loser is truly the otherwise boring Clippers - they have tampered per Silver in Doc’s salivating praise and it was rumored his top choice. If he stays Toronto my esteem (little as it is) for KL will rise as he has shown at least some loyalty to something.

dbestpro
06-01-2019, 08:27 AM
The front office including Pop is an example of where arrogance and ego by those who work off the court thought they were more important then those who are on the court. Actually, this is not that unusual and happens in business all the time. It is the number one reason good employees leave their employer.

DPG21920
06-01-2019, 08:45 AM

Lol taking my money and mocking me??? This is rock bottom for ol’ DPG

lmbebo
06-01-2019, 08:54 AM
Spurs always the biggest loser in any scenario. Nothing changes that.

TheGoatishere
06-01-2019, 08:57 AM
Vegas still has the clippers as favorites .. it’s close tho .

No team in the west besides the warriors can afford him missing his annual 20 games a year . Probably smart to stay out east .

Dejounte
06-01-2019, 09:00 AM
The front office including Pop is an example of where arrogance and ego by those who work off the court thought they were more important then those who are on the court. Actually, this is not that unusual and happens in business all the time. It is the number one reason good employees leave their employer.

Untrue. Spurs have always expressed humility in their success - always pointing to Duncan as the main reason for it.

Larry O
06-01-2019, 09:18 AM
Raptors fans: "DeRozan who?! Kawhi is Da MAN in Toronto! :lol

apalisoc_9
06-01-2019, 09:22 AM
Lol taking my money and mocking me??? This is rock bottom for ol’ DPG

Wait your bet with DD was for game 1? Damm losing 1k cause PATFO didnt include siakam in a kawhi deal :lol

If leonard signs 1+1. Hes probably very confident with his health. It also means he was really not 100 this year in the RS. Load managment was really about health and not saving it for a max with LA.

John B
06-01-2019, 09:30 AM
He’d be a fool to leave Raps with the whole country behind him. Also a cakewalk to the Finals every year aka new Lebron of the East. He could get his max contract with player option every year, but I don’t know if with his prone to injury would be wise.

SAGirl
06-01-2019, 09:31 AM
In my mind it’s never been as one sided as painted by some here. There’s probably layers to the entire thing that are unknown, like the falling out being in the making for far longer than the last season in SA. There’s definitely a point if no return reached last season but like all divorces the last straw is not the only straw in the stack. Just common senses.

Chomag
06-01-2019, 09:33 AM
Untrue. Spurs have always expressed humility in their success - always pointing to Duncan as the main reason for it. I do somewhat agree with that but that is mostly in the past following Drob's and Timmy's lead keeping them all in check . This current FO and especially Pop have taken a pretty steep nose dive these past few years where egos and lack of Humility are very show and telling.

Now I do believe both parties are at fault but a Franchise alienating their star Player and a Top NBA player at that will go down as one of the biggest blunders in League history and Wether we like it or not it will be a tarnish to Pop's legacy as he is winding it down.

Dverde
06-01-2019, 09:35 AM
Siakam was never going be in the deal. He was the back up plan if Quitter left town. OG was the more realistic option. The losers are the LA teams and the teams refusing to give up All-Star caliber assets for Quitter.

SAGirl
06-01-2019, 09:36 AM
+1

cjw
06-01-2019, 09:38 AM
Better for the Spurs if he stays in the East. Didn’t send him to LA and if he doesn’t go there = a marginal win.

rascal
06-01-2019, 09:40 AM
Biggest loser is truly the otherwise boring Clippers - they have tampered per Silver in Doc’s salivating praise and it was rumored his top choice. If he stays Toronto my esteem (little as it is) for KL will rise as he has shown at least some loyalty to something.

Biggest loser is the Spurs. The trade is looking worse for the Spurs all the time. Toronto stole Leonard and made a great gamble that is paying off.

Not the conservative cautious moves the Spurs are making. Holding on the Leonard too long hoping he will change his mind was a big miscalcualtion on the Spurs and the cautious move the Spurs took.

bic50
06-01-2019, 09:46 AM
Siakam was never going be in the deal. He was the back up plan if Quitter left town. OG was the more realistic option. The losers are the LA teams and the teams refusing to give up All-Star caliber assets for Quitter.
biggest loser is the spurs.

SAGirl
06-01-2019, 09:51 AM
Spurs aren’t going to look good in any of this IMO, regardless of what he does this summer.

Truly the only way the Spurs would have saved face was if Kawhi didn’t play again bc the chronic injury didn’t let him.

TheGoatishere
06-01-2019, 09:55 AM
Spurs aren’t going to look good in any of this IMO, regardless of what he does this summer.

Truly the only way the Spurs would have saved face was if Kawhi didn’t play again bc the chronic injury didn’t let him.

No . That would just rise the narrative about his misdiagnosed injury

SAGirl
06-01-2019, 09:59 AM
No . That would just rise the narrative about his misdiagnosed injury
True I didn’t think about that angle. But they could save face bc they handed his team control over his rehab and medical care even b4 the season started.

IMO the real contention with the diagnosis was tied up with money. I do believe Spurs owners had trepidation with that contract if he had a chronic/recurring illness that would require load management of unknown and unpredictable proportions in the future...

BillMc
06-01-2019, 10:10 AM
If he stays in the East, that IS better for the Spurs. The past is the past. Going forward having another Top 4 talent in the West would be worse than any "saving face" stuff.

Also, it would make Cris Carter look stupid. Which I would enjoy.

Now if Kawhi re-signs with Raptors, Durant goes to NY and Houston implodes (as they might) West becomes much more open.

Dennis the Menace
06-01-2019, 10:29 AM

Its time for this organization to “Drain the Swamp” so to speak. Retirement, replacement for some folks..

NASpurs
06-01-2019, 10:33 AM
Oh yeah? We're going to sign DeRozan long-term! So take that!

:(

Leetonidas
06-01-2019, 10:34 AM
This is just an unconfirmed rumor. Not buying it until it actually happens tbh or until Woj or Shams are reporting it. And yall need to move on already. The obsession with the ex stalking on this forum is disgusting

Namundy
06-01-2019, 10:38 AM
I don't buy it -- he's gotta secure the bag. Long term he wants the Clips. Too injury prone to risk it.

GreekSpursfan
06-01-2019, 10:49 AM
Not buying it, sorry.

lefty
06-01-2019, 11:05 AM

SAGirl
06-01-2019, 11:10 AM
This is just an unconfirmed rumor. Not buying it until it actually happens tbh or until Woj or Shams are reporting it. And yall need to move on already. The obsession with the ex stalking on this forum is disgusting
I don’t speak for anyone but myself but I am not obsessed with the ex, I just watch basketball and Leonard is a great player.

Since the trade happened and Dejounte’s injury (to top off the bad start to the season) I have watched less basketball than previously. Not just less Spurs but less basketball. I have become more casual.

The fact Kawhi is in the finals just brings up the subject again. If he had been eliminated earlier I’d not be talking about him.

BSfromTX
06-01-2019, 11:16 AM
Believe it when I see it

baseline bum
06-01-2019, 11:19 AM
If he really does extend, will the contingent that still hates him on this site turn their vitriol to PATFO, as deserved?

Apparently it was someone other than Pop in the organization that really pissed him off. I'll be mad as fuck at ownership if that's the case. Because then it wasn't about him wanting to go home to LA, it was him just wanting out.

Play Boban
06-01-2019, 11:32 AM
Apparently it was someone other than Pop in the organization that really pissed him off. I'll be mad as fuck at ownership if that's the case. Because then it wasn't about him wanting to go home to LA, it was him just wanting out.
tony “my injury was 100 times worse” parker tbh?

TimDunkem
06-01-2019, 11:36 AM

No. Of course not. PATFO is infallible to the slurpers.

CGD
06-01-2019, 11:48 AM
Not surprised if true. Toronto is a great town. He’ll have the East on lock. They’ve gone out of their way to make him feel welcomed. Drake, etc.

I’d feel stupid if I was Boston and Lakers right about now. I’m actually impressed the Spurs stayed the course a looked for the best offer available, and not some dog shit package headlined by Covington, Kuzma, or Rosier. F that.

ZeusWillJudge
06-01-2019, 12:02 PM
Wait your bet with DD was for game 1? Damm losing 1k cause PATFO didnt include siakam in a kawhi deal :lol

If leonard signs 1+1. Hes probably very confident with his health. It also means he was really not 100 this year in the RS. Load managment was really about health and not saving it for a max with LA.

The ankle bone's connected to the...neck bone.

Hoops Czar
06-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Posted this on the Kawhi thread, but I thought it was significant enough to warrant its own thread. I don’t know about the reliability of the source, but David Thorpe and Henry Abott were formerly with ESPN, so they should be at least fairly plugged-in.

How would the players and the league know what's going on inside Kawhi's empty head? It's all guesswork in an attemp to get internet clicks.

ZeusWillJudge
06-01-2019, 12:35 PM
If he stays in the East, that IS better for the Spurs. The past is the past. Going forward having another Top 4 talent in the West would be worse than any "saving face" stuff.

Also, it would make Cris Carter look stupid. Which I would enjoy.

Now if Kawhi re-signs with Raptors, Durant goes to NY and Houston implodes (as they might) West becomes much more open.

You know, a cynical person could read all that to say that the only way for the Spurs to get deeper into the playoffs is for everyone else to get worse. Not me... but a cynical person.

Realdeal1
06-01-2019, 12:40 PM
It doesnt sound too crazy to think that the Spurs have a chance to make a deep playoff run/finals appearance in the next few years with kawhi staying in the east .. Durant leaving to NY and Houston blowing up their team... it's possible

HarlemHeat37
06-01-2019, 12:56 PM
Good choice tbh.

Be the new Lebron's replacement and dominate the East and reaching Finals every year.

Let the western monsters beat/injure themselves on their way to the Finals. And then slay the western champion

:lol what "Western monsters"? It's 2019, the West is just a bunch of RS pretenders outside of the Warriors, and even they might lose Durant next season..

Millennial_Messiah
06-01-2019, 01:05 PM

I hope so. I've been off the PoopATFO train since Poop took Timmy out with 28 seconds to go in 6, but it's been amplified over the past 2 years big time. I fully support Kawhi and view Poop as a coattail rider who's benefited off full careers of 2 generational all-world talents (Timmy and Manu), 1 perennial All-Star in Parker who would have been the same player with or without Poop, and then of course the chance to extend the dynasty by lucking into Kawhi but completely blowing it with his hypocritical "get over yourself" bullshit. I hate Poop(ATFO) with a passion and I hope they retire and the team relocates and preserves its history in SA.

Millennial_Messiah
06-01-2019, 01:07 PM
:lol what "Western monsters"? It's 2019, the West is just a bunch of RS pretenders outside of the Warriors, and even they might lose Durant next season..
73 wins without Durant, an 67 and a championship the year before. They'll be fine.

Harden gets traded to Sacramento for a player and pick. Kings also get Walker and possibly a big man.

Clippers get Durant at the very least.

Lakers...? They might luck into Irving and reach trade for DeRozan.

NASpurs
06-01-2019, 01:08 PM

Pretty much. The West as a whole is mediocre outside of the Warriors.

Arcadian
06-01-2019, 01:10 PM
Good!

:lol Clippers

BillMc
06-01-2019, 01:33 PM
You know, a cynical person could read all that to say that the only way for the Spurs to get deeper into the playoffs is for everyone else to get worse. Not me... but a cynical person.

Cynics originated in ancient Greece, Zeus, so can I blame you? :lol

ZeusWillJudge
06-01-2019, 01:45 PM
Cynics originated in ancient Greece, Zeus, so can I blame you? :lol

Dammit. You just beat me with my own schtick.

BillMc
06-01-2019, 01:50 PM
Dammit. You just beat me with my own schtick.
:lol

RD2191
06-01-2019, 02:03 PM

Tbh :lol

slick'81
06-01-2019, 02:19 PM
Soo he wasnt hell bent on la afterall!?

Russ
06-01-2019, 02:24 PM
Soo he wasnt hell bent on la afterall!?

Don't count on it.

timvp
06-01-2019, 02:50 PM
I don't understand Spurs fans who think this would be bad news. Spurs fans should want Neph to stay in the East. Nephew coming back West and torturing the Spurs for the rest of his career is by far the worst case scenario.

The trade is done; Spurs fans should want him to stay in the East; any other thinking is being skewed by the sunk cost fallacy, tbh.

DJR210
06-01-2019, 02:58 PM
Fuck Kawhi and whatever success he has achieved so far and what he will achieve going forward.. My beef is with what we received in exchange, and how rushed it was. Why did PATFO feel the need to move him for such a shitty deal? New Orleans is handling their situation so much better..

Proxy
06-01-2019, 03:02 PM
The LAL fans would bandwagon to whatever Cali team so this is good news, stay east

Russ
06-01-2019, 03:04 PM
Why did PATFO feel the need to move him for such a shitty deal?

Player-friendly reputation to maintain.

Plus, adverse to conflict or controversy.

I think they did fine under extreme unforeseen circumstances.

DJR210
06-01-2019, 03:12 PM
Player-friendly reputation to maintain.

Plus, adverse to conflict or controversy.

I think they did fine under extreme unforeseen circumstances.

How does one soured relationship with a player erase a history of a well run, player first tight knit franchise? PATFO rushed that trade considering story just came out in one of the major media outlets on how Anunoby and Siakam were off limits..

Dejounte
06-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Fuck Kawhi and whatever success he has achieved so far and what he will achieve going forward.. My beef is with what we received in exchange, and how rushed it was. Why did PATFO feel the need to move him for such a shitty deal? New Orleans is handling their situation so much better..

Umm lets wait until the Pels end up after AD is traded. Plus they got lucky and got the 1st pick.

vy65
06-01-2019, 03:48 PM
I don't understand Spurs fans who think this would be bad news. Spurs fans should want Neph to stay in the East. Nephew coming back West and torturing the Spurs for the rest of his career is by far the worst case scenario.

The trade is done; Spurs fans should want him to stay in the East; any other thinking is being skewed by the sunk cost fallacy, tbh.

At the time of the trade, the prevailing theory was that he wanted out from the spurs to go play in California. The idea was that there was nothing the team could do to make him want to play in south Texas because his heart was set on California. Totally outside of the team’s control. Nothing could be done because nephew is under uncle’s control, etc etc

If he reups in Toronto, the entire narrative changes. It ceases to be about Kawhi wanting SoCal and nothing else — meaning his wanting out was something the spurs could have controlled. The blame would shift from nephew to the organization because Kawhi’s desired team wouldn’t revolve around something the spurs could control (is being in California) and would shift to something they could have (ie, personnel issues that you’ve intimated).

Does it matter in the end? Kinda. I do agree what’s done is done, so stop checking your exes insta. But as fans who consume the product put out by the spurs, if you don’t place a large chunk of the blame on the ownership and management team (should Kawhi re-up), then what’s the point? The product is ultimately made for the fans and if mediocrity is the name of the game now because “who cares about the Kawhi deal,” then I’d imagine a lot of fans should stop watching.

DJR210
06-01-2019, 03:58 PM
Umm lets wait until the Pels end up after AD is traded. Plus they got lucky and got the 1st pick.

Not sure how the 1st overall got brought into this, but my point is AD wants out, and the Pelicans did not ask "how high" when he demanded they jump. I'm not expecting PATFO to become the Detroit Lions FO here, but damn it really seems in retrospect that we could have exercised a bit more patience with the future in mind.

MoSpur02
06-01-2019, 04:10 PM
I have a feeling that Kawhi will experience some kind of injury in this series.

Keepin' it real
06-01-2019, 04:43 PM
At the time of the trade, the prevailing theory was that he wanted out from the spurs to go play in California. The idea was that there was nothing the team could do to make him want to play in south Texas because his heart was set on California. Totally outside of the team’s control. Nothing could be done because nephew is under uncle’s control, etc etc

If he reups in Toronto, the entire narrative changes. It ceases to be about Kawhi wanting SoCal and nothing else — meaning his wanting out was something the spurs could have controlled. The blame would shift from nephew to the organization because Kawhi’s desired team wouldn’t revolve around something the spurs could control (is being in California) and would shift to something they could have (ie, personnel issues that you’ve intimated).

No it doesn't. So much has changed in a year, as in a year of red-carpet treatment, and a trip to the Finals with a chance to beat a so-called dynasty.

It would be weird if he didn't want to stay, regardless of what he might have wanted last year. Experience changes things.

r0drig0lac
06-01-2019, 05:03 PM

Does it matter in the end? Kinda. I do agree what’s done is done, so stop checking your exes insta. But as fans who consume the product put out by the spurs, if you don’t place a large chunk of the blame on the ownership and management team (should Kawhi re-up), then what’s the point? The product is ultimately made for the fans and if mediocrity is the name of the game now because “who cares about the Kawhi deal,” then I’d imagine a lot of fans should stop watching.

exactly what I think (and said earlier), if he really stay in Toronto the story gets even stranger.

bigfan
06-01-2019, 05:11 PM
fuck him and the horse he rode in on; I'd just as soon hear another Rod Strickland update.

Harry Callahan
06-01-2019, 05:23 PM

There is revisionist history going on here. Waiting guaranteed nothing to the Spurs. The Group tanked his trade value due to shutting himself down in early 2018 and then stringing the Spurs players and management all the way to the end of the season.

Other teams were not going to give up a big package given what Nephew did last season - he hardly played and he is still not right physically. The only option was to keep him (and risk another "medical holdout" or get a deeply discounted deal. Once again, it is a rotten situation.

TrainOfThought5
06-01-2019, 05:38 PM

I’ll admit that whatever they did to turn Kawhi off from being a lifelong spur was a major fuck up, but I’ll give them a few years to straighten the ship. If anyone can do it, it’s PATFO.

alpha_HaZE
06-01-2019, 05:42 PM

It might seem that way, but it wasn't really. Kawhi did not want to go to Toronto, but he likes it now and sees that the Raptors is a good place for him. Also, he did not want to play though the pain, but now he sees that as well.

To me it is ironic, that he left the Spurs to play for Toronto, who aren't as good as we were, remember we were beating a much better version of this GS team by 25+ and he doing what the Spurs wanted him to do. Manage his minutes throughout the reg season and play through pain, but I guess that wasn't good enough for him then.

At any rate, I would be surprised if any team offers him a super max long term deal given his health issues.

Murray2k
06-01-2019, 06:01 PM
No matter what happens, Spurs will be the biggest losers here.. So it's better for us if he stays east.

Degoat
06-01-2019, 06:11 PM
Yeah I’m kinda hoping he stays, then KD goes east too. That’s good news for all teams in the west lol

timtonymanu
06-01-2019, 06:15 PM
:lol spurs
:lol valuing patty mills over Kawhi
:lol paying Gasol to collect retirement checks

Duncan2177
06-01-2019, 06:22 PM

That's the front office being fucking dumb.

RC_Drunkford
06-01-2019, 06:22 PM
If he signs, he'll sign a 1-year deal to then be eligible for the supermax

Chucho
06-01-2019, 06:41 PM
Couldnt imagine some of you taking rejection in real life...

Chucho
06-01-2019, 06:49 PM
Yeah I’m kinda hoping he stays, then KD goes east too. That’s good news for all teams in the west lol

That's good news for the entire sport. The NBA is fucked if the Super Team Ball era continues on.

Good to see the LA myth is dead. Someone just needs to tell ESPN, tho.
Good to see players hate other players. Grudges add emotion to the sport. Rivalries are necessary in sports
Good to see 1 individual star breaking this mold, despite his past treachery.
Good to see some equality between the conferences after 22 years of Western superiority.

Maybe these players will continue to progress to a competitive spirit instead of the prevailing Super Best Friends mentality, grab their balls and be manly and give the fans a product everyone can cheer for and not just a barge for hardcores to bandwagon on and another for the other 50% to bitch from.

RC_Drunkford
06-01-2019, 07:43 PM
It might also be that Uncle Dennis sees how much hype Kawhi got there and thus wants him to stay there. Toronto ain't too far from NY and NY was always an option for them. I don't buy that it's set in stone though

Harry Callahan
06-01-2019, 08:08 PM
Why would they lay their cards on the table now? Leonard may like the fact that he can do whatever he wants up there and sit out games without any pushback.

But make no mistake. He will get to June 30th and listen to all suitors. Nephew is a mercenary now.

Dennis the Menace
06-01-2019, 08:20 PM

Saitam
06-01-2019, 09:28 PM
The shittiest fanbase around. PATFO dealed with uncle the best way they could. Which Spurs do you know rather that the one run by PATFO? Our greatnes belongs to him and his "soul box". jajajja

DeRozan m8
06-01-2019, 09:38 PM

Exactly.

Its amazing how people still dont understand this situation

DeRozan m8
06-01-2019, 09:39 PM

Are you seriously THAT fvcking dumb?

dbreiden83080
06-01-2019, 11:04 PM
Here is my question. Do you really want to bring him back long-term? Commit serious money to him considering he is limping around out there right now, apparently has knee tendinitis along with all of the quad issues. And he is still supposed to be in his prime in terms of age. This dude is so injury prone, I don’t know about committing major money in years to him?

BackHome
06-01-2019, 11:56 PM
Umm No

cjw
06-02-2019, 01:04 AM

He came into the league in 2011, so he’s in his eighth season. He won’t be eligible for the supermax (35% of cap) because he switched teams until after year ten.

Raptors can sign him to higher annual escalators and a fifth year, but think he will sign a 2 year deal with a player option in year three no matter where he goes. He can get 35% of cap opting out after year 2.

Killakobe81
06-02-2019, 01:41 AM
Not surprised if true. Toronto is a great town. He’ll have the East on lock. They’ve gone out of their way to make him feel welcomed. Drake, etc.

I’d feel stupid if I was Boston and Lakers right about now. I’m actually impressed the Spurs stayed the course a looked for the best offer available, and not some dog shit package headlined by Covington, Kuzma, or Rosier. F that.

Lakers never were gonna get Kawhi via trade Boston is the loser especially if Kyrie walks AD doesn't come and Tatum never becomes a Kawhi level star

Fusternino
06-02-2019, 01:45 AM
Lakers never were gonna get Kawhi via trade Boston is the loser especially if Kyrie walks AD doesn't come and Tatum never becomes a Kawhi level star

Good.

Ainge is a rotten kid.

Murray2k
06-02-2019, 07:06 AM
Here is my question. Do you really want to bring him back long-term? Commit serious money to him considering he is limping around out there right now, apparently has knee tendinitis along with all of the quad issues. And he is still supposed to be in his prime in terms of age. This dude is so injury prone, I don’t know about committing major money in years to him?

Every team in the league will do so if they can.. Even 1-2 years of healthy Kawhi is worth more than 5 years of the fake stars that are getting the max currently. It's a no brainer really.

fundamental9903
06-02-2019, 10:15 AM

THIS!

timtonymanu
06-02-2019, 01:16 PM
Are you seriously THAT fvcking dumb?

Not as stupid as this front office was apparently. But it's okay we got your empty stats boy to make people like timvp rave over his non-impact 20/6/6 numbers.

weebo
06-02-2019, 01:25 PM
Not as stupid as this front office was apparently. But it's okay we got your empty stats boy to make people like timvp rave over his non-impact 20/6/6 numbers.

There was nothing the Spurs could do...they had to get rid of the toxic situation it had become...KL wanted out ASAP...KL/group tanked his value so no team wanted to risk giving up the farm for a guy who may or may not be healthy enough to play...its not complicated...its hard to put a lot of blame on the Spurs for not getting more...also what was the alternative?...hold onto him another year and have to go through the same bullshit?...you don't know what went on the last time Pop met with KL...it didn't go well obviously hence the trade

MoSpur02
06-02-2019, 01:55 PM
I would really like for a reporter to ask Kawhi (after the Finals) since he's a free agent, if he would be open to resigning with the Spurs just to see the look on his face and just to hear what he would say.

slick'81
06-02-2019, 02:03 PM
Clearly someone in the fo called this guy a pussie

daslicer
06-02-2019, 02:13 PM
I would really like for a reporter to ask Kawhi (after the Finals) since he's a free agent, if he would be open to resigning with the Spurs just to see the look on his face and just to hear what he would say.

#2 "Hmm next question."

UZER
06-02-2019, 02:33 PM

“Ummmm...sure”

Realdeal1
06-02-2019, 03:38 PM
“Ummmm...sure”

:rollin

Spurtacular
06-02-2019, 04:28 PM
Kawhi won't leave the weaker conference. And Toronto is probably his most attractive option in said conference. These reporters could just be doing the math, tbh.

TD 21
06-02-2019, 05:06 PM
Not that Thorpe is gospel, but I believe it for the 2 reasons I've believed it all along: 1) He's got everything his sleazebag uncle brainwashed him into thinking he should want, 2) It would be horrible news for the Spurs.

:lol
what "Western monsters"? It's 2019, the West is just a bunch of RS pretenders outside of the Warriors, and even they might lose Durant next season..

Yeah, I don't get this nonsense. Obviously, where Davis, Durant and Irving land could alter the balance of power. But right now, I'd guess there will be no overwhelming favorite going into next season and the path in the East could easily be more difficult than that of the West.

I don't get what you don't get. The Spurs' only saving grace is if this is a true rental (even if/when it ends in a championship). The second that's gone, they look even more stupid. They're also being tortured now anyway.

I don't get why you're worried about the championship conversation. The Spurs don't even have a path to it until they luck into another superstar and given that they just had one for damn near 30 years while some have went 40 years between ones, they're overdue for a cold stretch. They're also not helping their draft position by being a treadmill team.

DPG21920
06-02-2019, 05:37 PM

Sons, we both know Kawhi is headed to LA though. But besides that, I personally don’t agree with this. What’s the point of being scared? I would welcome the opportunity to kick his a** and knock him out of the playoffs in the West.

Is he great? Absolutely but you either believe in this front office or you don’t. I would be fine with him staying East as it makes the path a little easier, but I would not be mad at having to face him the rest of his career. Hopefully it motivates SA to keep building toward something.

Russ
06-02-2019, 05:46 PM

I trust Kawhi's sister more than "TrueHoop" on this issue.

Capt Bringdown
06-02-2019, 05:51 PM
Is he great? Absolutely but you either believe in this front office or you don’t. I would be fine with him staying East as it makes the path a little easier, but I would not be mad at having to face him the rest of his career. Hopefully it motivates SA to keep building toward something.

Spurs weren't motivated when he was on the roster, shitting the bed with some dreadful dead-end signings, and now they're supposed to be motivated by him on another team? That's creative.

Motivation ain't the problem with Pop/Front office - they want to keep their jobs. Whether they deserve to or not is the issue.
Past is not prologue with these cats.

DPG21920
06-02-2019, 05:54 PM
Spurs weren't motivated when he was on the roster, shitting the bed with some dreadful dead-end signings, and now they're supposed to be motivated by him on another team? That's creative.

Motivation ain't the problem with Pop/Front office - they want to keep their jobs. Whether they deserve to or not is the issue.

Nice fake narrative considering SA made the WCF with him on the roster. Bad moves aside, they still built a great team.

You were probably praising Morey and now post-reaction look at where HOU stands. Even teams making great moves sometimes make questionable ones.

DeRozan m8
06-03-2019, 02:27 AM

But I mean, do you actually think they chose Mills over Kawhi.

The situation was Kawhi didnt want to leave, didnt request a trade, was willing to play at least another season and we traded him anyway?

Do you think this?

RC_Drunkford
06-03-2019, 05:32 AM
Kawhi has a good relationship with Mills and likes him. They hugged after the Spurs beat Toronto. That narrative is complete bullshit

RD2191
06-03-2019, 08:05 AM

Truth bomb

duncan2k5
06-03-2019, 10:37 AM
It might seem that way, but it wasn't really. Kawhi did not want to go to Toronto, but he likes it now and sees that the Raptors is a good place for him. Also, he did not want to play though the pain, but now he sees that as well.

To me it is ironic, that he left the Spurs to play for Toronto, who aren't as good as we were, remember we were beating a much better version of this GS team by 25+ and he doing what the Spurs wanted him to do. Manage his minutes throughout the reg season and play through pain, but I guess that wasn't good enough for him then.

At any rate, I would be surprised if any team offers him a super max long term deal given his health issues.

Not true... Spurs wanted him to play through his injury to please Manu and Parker as it was seen as a high probability that would be their last season

BatManu20
06-03-2019, 11:23 AM
Good. Keep him in the East tbh.

GreekSpursfan
06-03-2019, 11:51 AM
Does anyone truly, deep down believe that Kawhitter is staying with the Raptors? I give it less than 10% chance. Lets be real he's LA bound.

exstatic
06-03-2019, 12:11 PM
Does anyone truly, deep down believe that Kawhitter is staying with the Raptors? I give it less than 10% chance. Lets be real he's LA bound.

I don't really care where he lands. The only part of his future that I care about is that his jersey NEVER goes up into the rafters at the AT&T Center.

JeffDuncan
06-03-2019, 12:12 PM

It's not a matter of what anybody believes, except him. And he hasn't said.

He likes to win, I'm sure. Which team, to him, will look like his "winner"??

phxspurfan
06-03-2019, 12:13 PM
Ah, the LeBron template. Play in a watered down conference to get easy stardom/deals.

TheGoatishere
06-03-2019, 01:24 PM
He’s staying

timvp
06-03-2019, 01:37 PM
I don't get what you don't get. The Spurs' only saving grace is if this is a true rental (even if/when it ends in a championship). The second that's gone, they look even more stupid.

:lmao Nephew is gone. The trade is done. Ship sailed. Breakup complete. Nothing that happens from here on out changes that. The sooner emo Spurs fans realize that, the better off we will all be, to be completely honest.

weebo
06-03-2019, 02:46 PM
:lmao Nephew is gone. The trade is done. Ship sailed. Breakup complete. Nothing that happens from here on out changes that. The sooner emo Spurs fans realize that, the better off we will all be, to be completely honest.

Exactly. Time to let the ex gf go...who's to say this next crop of young guys won't turn into all stars...everything is negative around here...like if there's some Kawhi Kurse going around :lol

Millennial_Messiah
06-03-2019, 03:44 PM
If they lose, he's 99.9% gone.

If they win, he's about 60/40 gone.

Millennial_Messiah
06-03-2019, 03:45 PM

The sooner emo Spurs fans realize that they and the city can't tolerate mediocrity for very long, and will thus be forced to relocate to a city like Seattle or KC that will pack the stands for an 18 win team, the better, tbh.

TD 21
06-03-2019, 04:12 PM

You're not seeing the forest from the trees, so I'll spell it out for you: The pathetic "value" the Spurs accepted was supposedly due to a combination of his questionable health and likelihood of bolting to his native L.A. in a year. If that was either never true or has changed, said pathetic "value" looks even worse.

If it was, the Spurs end up looking marginally better, as the Raptors, who embarrassed them, will essentially become Spurs East (albeit with a more certified building block, in Siakam).

The sooner you stop attempting to cover up for your god and pretending to be evolved ("over it"), the better off we will all be.

timvp
06-03-2019, 04:54 PM
The pathetic "value" the Spurs accepted was supposedly due to a combination of his questionable health and likelihood of bolting to his native L.A. in a year. If that was either never true or has changed, said pathetic "value" looks even worse.

What's funny is your brain understands but your em:crytions have clouded your perception of how time works.

Nothing that happened after he got traded can change his value at the time he was traded. When he was traded, Nephew had successfully tanked his value. Teams had injury concerns and non-L.A. teams didn't know if he was willing to re-sign -- plus his overall character was in question. As a result, luminaries such as Terry Rozier, Markelle Fultz, Dario Saric, Kyle Kuzma, etc. were taken off the table in trade discussions.

Whether Neph went on to never play basketball again or went on to win the next 12 NBA championships doesn't change his value at the time of the trade. Whether the trade looks good or looks bad in retrospect also doesn't change his value ... or change anything for anyone who isn't wallowing in sorrow about the breakup.

She left. She changed the locks. Looks like she might get married. She's happy. Move on, tbh.

TD 21
06-03-2019, 05:07 PM
What's funny is your brain understands but your em:crytions have clouded your perception of how time works.

Nothing that happened after he got traded can change his value at the time he was traded. When he was traded, Nephew had successfully tanked his value. Teams had injury concerns and non-L.A. teams didn't know if he was willing to re-sign -- plus his overall character was in question. As a result, luminaries such as Terry Rozier, Markelle Fultz, Dario Saric, Kyle Kuzma, etc. were taken off the table in trade discussions.

Whether Neph went on to never play basketball again or went on to win the next 12 NBA championships doesn't change his value at the time of the trade. Whether the trade looks good or looks bad in retrospect also doesn't change his value ... or change anything for anyone who isn't wallowing in sorrow about the breakup.

She left. She changed the locks. Looks like she might get married. She's happy. Move on, tbh.

I never said otherwise. I'm saying, the premise that they did the best they could, was rooted in the 2 things I said. If they turn out to be false, then the Spurs' fucking up increases tenfold.

I'm not "wallowing in sorrow", but pretending it was anything less than devastating for the franchise is worse than those who are. Barring extreme luck again, the only thing this franchise will be moving on to, is a long term future without so much as a roadmap back to contention. Only a loser would be content with that.

TDMVPDPOY
06-03-2019, 05:09 PM
kawhi still living rent free

while spursfans still have to put up with 2 depressing wankers, 1 wombat, 1 instagram faggot on the team....

timvp
06-03-2019, 05:24 PM
I never said otherwise. I'm saying, the premise that they did the best they could, was rooted in the 2 things I said. If they turn out to be false, then the Spurs' fucking up increases tenfold.:lmao How? The Spurs weren't the ones pulling Terry Rozier and Markelle Fultz out of trade proposals. You can't use future outcomes to retroactively improve trade proposals. Neph's value was low and sinking. His value at that point in time will remain the same whether the Raptors win the championship or if they get backdoor swept and he leaves. Thinking otherwise is a form of delusion.

Wipe away the tears, tbh.

I'm not "wallowing in sorrow", but pretending it was anything less than devastating for the franchise is worse than those who are. Barring extreme luck again, the only thing this franchise will be moving on to, is a long term future without so much as a roadmap back to contention. Only a loser would be content with that.1) A franchise player leaving a small market team is the assumed rule. Nothing dev:crystating about it, tbh. Robinson and Duncan were exceptions.

2) To be fair, you wallowed in sorrow during the golden years so I shouldn't be surprised you've continued.

3) You gave up repeatedly before the 2014 ring so, again, I shouldn't be surprised you've already given up going forward.

DPG21920
06-03-2019, 05:28 PM
timvp - why are you scared of Kawhi? I mean, wherever he ends up, East or West, SA should be building and worrying about their own squad. Take on everyone. Build the best team you can.

Sure, I definitely get the more great players/teams in the West the harder it is to win; but I really don’t care where he goes in the context of really leaning he stays. I would be fine with the prospects of making him pay by beating that a** over and over.

DPG21920
06-03-2019, 05:32 PM
Also, I disagree some with the premise that expected can’t also = tough. Even if it’s expected, it’s still sucks to see. As fans that buy into players and the team, its still tough to deal with especially when said player is really good.

Shouldn’t dwell on it and need to be realistic but I definitely have moments watching him where I think “f that guy” but most of the time I just feel bad that it all went down in the first place and now both are likely worse off (even though they will both be fine).

timvp
06-03-2019, 05:33 PM
timvp - why are you scared of Kawhi?

Not scared. Just like I always root for an Eastern Conference team to win the draft lottery, I root for free agents to go to or stay in the East. Less talent in the West is better for the Spurs. Pretty simple, tbh.

timvp
06-03-2019, 05:44 PM
Also, I disagree some with the premise that expected can’t also = tough. Even if it’s expected, it’s still sucks to see. As fans that buy into players and the team, its still tough to deal with especially when said player is really good.

Shouldn’t dwell on it and need to be realistic but I definitely have moments watching him where I think “f that guy” but most of the time I just feel bad that it all went down in the first place and now both are likely worse off (even though they will both be fine).

I mean, the situation sucked. I've admitted it sucked. As a fan, it was sad to see. But that's almost a year ago now -- and the situation started crumbling like 18 months ago at this point. Hanging on every Raptors game to retroactively change Nephew's value makes no sense and is a waste of time.

At some point, Spurs fans will need to get over it . . .

DPG21920
06-03-2019, 05:49 PM
I mean, the situation sucked. I've admitted it sucked. As a fan, it was sad to see. But that's almost a year ago now -- and the situation started crumbling like 18 months ago at this point. Hanging on every Raptors game to retroactively change Nephew's value makes no sense and is a waste of time.

At some point, Spurs fans will need to get over it . . .

That I agree with. I hated Kawhi for a while, but after seeing him get booed in SA then his a** whooped I genuinely felt bad about the whole situation.

But this lame needling from the media is what is annoying. They are the narrative pushers and right now it’s all anti-SA.

TD 21
06-03-2019, 05:50 PM
:lmao How? The Spurs weren't the ones pulling Terry Rozier and Markelle Fultz out of trade proposals. You can't use future outcomes to retroactively improve trade proposals. Neph's value was low and sinking. His value at that point in time will remain the same whether the Raptors win the championship or if they get backdoor swept and he leaves. Thinking otherwise is a form of delusion.

Wipe away the tears, tbh.

1) A franchise player leaving a small market team is the assumed rule. Nothing dev:crystating about it, tbh. Robinson and Duncan were exceptions.

2) To be fair, you wallowed in sorrow during the golden years so I shouldn't be surprised you've continued.

3) You gave up repeatedly before the 2014 ring so, again, I shouldn't be surprised you've already given up going forward.

I already explained. "Neph" didn't need to be traded when he was. The Timberwolves didn't virtually immediately kowtow to Butler and neither did the Pelicans with Davis. The Spurs panicked, instead of forcing the puke's hand. If shit was what had to be accepted, then you hold it off until necessary and you accept it from a team where he has no chance to contend. They literally did everything wrong.

1) Again, it was how he handled it and what they accepted more so than the act itself and it is devastating. You just suffer from affluenza, so you have no appreciation for the difficulty of finding superstars because this organization lucked into having one for the better part of 30 years.

It could easily be something like 20-40 more before they get another one and they're due for it to be.

:lmao At king apologist taking shots at someone else's credibility. This from a guy complaining that Spurs fans need to get over it, while simultaneously allowing it to dominate discussion on his fledging board because of the traffic it generates.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-03-2019, 06:08 PM
Maybe his group finally decided to stop making crap financial decisions? It would cost him another $40M to leave. Or, just maybe they realized it’s a terrible look to have your meal ticket miss 25% of the season, and be dragging his leg up and down the court in the playoffs. They may be in take what you can get mode.

If "playing in a bigger market" was ever a serious issue then Toronto is a bigger market so there you have it. If he goes to Brooklin, LA, etc then you have your answer about the "market question"

timvp
06-03-2019, 06:25 PM
You just suffer from affluenza, so you have no appreciation for the difficulty of finding superstars because this organization lucked into having one for the better part of 30 years.:lmao Wallowing in sorrow won't bring her back, buddy. Sorry.

It could easily be something like 20-40 more before they get another one and they're due for it to be.Good to know you've given up, as per your par. You've been busy giving up since your first days on ST. I would be more worried if you had dropped the white flag for once.

:lmao At king apologist taking shots at someone else's credibility. This from a guy complaining that Spurs fans need to get over it, while simultaneously allowing it to dominate discussion on his fledging board because of the traffic it generates.:lol It works out better to let emo Spurs fans vent rather than every thread turning into a wallow fest.

TD 21
06-03-2019, 06:32 PM
:lmao Wallowing in sorrow won't bring her back, buddy. Sorry.

Good to know you've given up, as per your par. You've been busy giving up since your first days on ST. I would be more worried if you had dropped the white flag for once.

:lol It works out better to let emo Spurs fans vent rather than every thread turning into a wallow fest.

:lmao At the lack of reading comprehension and conceding by way of platitudes, king apologist/hypocrite.

MaNu4Tres
06-03-2019, 06:37 PM
Not buying it.

Mugen
06-03-2019, 08:15 PM
I enjoy TD21 v timvp back n' forths tbh.

acoelho1
06-03-2019, 08:25 PM
Look, the trade was lost the second Kawhi asked to be traded and we had no leverage based on the circumstances. Also, I can't cheer for the Warriors but I don't want Kawhi to ring either. The competitor in me wants the Spurs to beat out Kawhi on a championship. With all the mistakes we made with this fiasco, PAFTO still has my full confidence that we will have a contending team in the near future.

hater
06-03-2019, 08:36 PM
:lmao Mute Cancer

ZeusWillJudge
06-03-2019, 08:38 PM

Or you could spend the rest of your life stalking the bastard who turned her against you, and tell everyone what a loser he is. Maybe that'll make her love you again and come back.

spurraider21
06-03-2019, 08:54 PM
I enjoy TD21 v timvp back n' forths tbh.
its kinda sad when you're more of a wallowing defeatist than mr "it still hurts" himself

Realdeal1
06-03-2019, 10:42 PM
I can see kawhi re-signing with the raptors for 2 more years and then head to the lakers when Lebron retires to be the face of the lakers and to avoid playing with Lebron

DMC
06-03-2019, 10:45 PM
It's going to depend on what he values most. If he wants a chance to make the Finals every year, he will have that in Toronto but not in the West unless he joins GS. if he wants to get paid and live and play in LA, he'll join a team in that region and make them better than they were. Money is money either way. These days you don't need to win a ring to cash in both in the salary and endorsements. All he needs to do is avoid the impression that he's gimpy.

DMC
06-03-2019, 10:48 PM
I already explained. "Neph" didn't need to be traded when he was. The Timberwolves didn't virtually immediately kowtow to Butler and neither did the Pelicans with Davis. The Spurs panicked, instead of forcing the puke's hand. If shit was what had to be accepted, then you hold it off until necessary and you accept it from a team where he has no chance to contend. They literally did everything wrong.

1) Again, it was how he handled it and what they accepted more so than the act itself and it is devastating. You just suffer from affluenza, so you have no appreciation for the difficulty of finding superstars because this organization lucked into having one for the better part of 30 years.

It could easily be something like 20-40 more before they get another one and they're due for it to be.

:lmao At king apologist taking shots at someone else's credibility. This from a guy complaining that Spurs fans need to get over it, while simultaneously allowing it to dominate discussion on his fledging board because of the traffic it generates.

Butler and Davis didn't leave the state and stay gone without communicating at all with their front offices. There's a difference between wanted a trade (LMA) and abandoning your post in hopes of being fired (Kawhi).

DPG21920
06-03-2019, 10:49 PM
You don’t tank your value and try to force your way to LA just to be deterred but the lovely winters in TOR

BackHome
06-03-2019, 11:01 PM
Yeah I think Uncle Fester is going to try to milk New York, Flakers, Clippers, and Raptors to put up money not just contract but endorsements, paid positions, etc.

alpha_HaZE
06-04-2019, 12:41 AM
Not true... Spurs wanted him to play through his injury to please Manu and Parker as it was seen as a high probability that would be their last season

Oh please, Spurs thought Tony will stay, and regardless they would never put their future in jeopardy to please anyone to begin with. Your argument is flawed.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-04-2019, 01:49 AM
Will duncan2k5 please finally leave and join the Raptors forum if Kawhi signs with Toronto? Not sure I can take another whiny-ass season from him telling us how the FO sucks and Kawhi was wronged. He got traded to a team that made the finals. Good for him. Time to retire back to St. Croix, 2k5.

On that note, Kawhi will expect a long-term deal if his agent has half a brain. His value will never be higher than it is right now.

james evans
06-04-2019, 07:24 AM
I can see kawhi re-signing with the raptors for 2 more years and then head to the lakers when Lebron retires to be the face of the lakers and to avoid playing with Lebron
He's not ever playing with Lebron. I told everyone after the all star game that. That bs Lebron pulled in the 4th after Leonard led the comeback in the 3rd screwed that up. And that's fine by me cuz I hate the Lakers. I wouldn't even be a laker fan if I had children playing for them..

exstatic
06-04-2019, 08:45 AM
It's going to depend on what he values most. If he wants a chance to make the Finals every year, he will have that in Toronto but not in the West unless he joins GS. if he wants to get paid and live and play in LA, he'll join a team in that region and make them better than they were. Money is money either way. These days you don't need to win a ring to cash in both in the salary and endorsements. All he needs to do is avoid the impression that he's gimpy.

Uh, I think that ship has sailed.

Keepin' it real
06-04-2019, 09:13 AM
He's not ever playing with Lebron. I told everyone after the all star game that. That bs Lebron pulled in the 4th after Leonard led the comeback in the 3rd screwed that up. And that's fine by me cuz I hate the Lakers. I wouldn't even be a laker fan if I had children playing for them..

Thank you so so much for telling us.

https://media.giphy.com/media/IhCDzNf8qw14A/giphy.gif

:wakeup

acoelho1
06-04-2019, 10:28 AM
Will duncan2k5 please finally leave and join the Raptors forum if Kawhi signs with Toronto? Not sure I can take another whiny-ass season from him telling us how the FO sucks and Kawhi was wronged. He got traded to a team that made the finals. Good for him. Time to retire back to St. Croix, 2k5.

+1000

DMC
06-04-2019, 08:37 PM
Uh, I think that ship has sailed.

He's still playing big minutes. GMs and owners are stacking cash right now to attract him.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-05-2019, 02:40 PM
As of this morning Vegas odds have Kawhi as a big favourite to resign with Toronto

weeks
06-05-2019, 03:08 PM
As of this morning Vegas odds have Kawhi as a big favourite to resign with Toronto

really hope he does. he'd be a fool to leave the East, he's got it made in Toronto.

TDomination
06-06-2019, 10:00 AM
really hope he does. he'd be a fool to leave the East, he's got it made in Toronto.
He'd be an idiot to leave. They got a great team. And in the Leastern conference, pshh they could be in the Finals many years to come. Unless Durant heads to like Milwaukee or Phili or Boston. Then it could make things interesting.

RC_Drunkford
06-06-2019, 10:10 AM
Kyrie and Harris to Brooklyn

KD to Knicks (if Golden State rings)

AD to Boston I guess (or Knicks)

Jimmy most likely resigns with Philly (or goes to the Nets)

If Kawhi stays with the Raptors the East should be super competitive next year, while the West is wide open

TDomination
06-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Kyrie and Harris to Brooklyn

KD to Knicks (if Golden State rings)

AD to Boston I guess (or Knicks)

Jimmy most likely resigns with Philly (or goes to the Nets)

If Kawhi stays with the Raptors the East should be super competitive next year, while the West is wide open

that would be great if all this happened. Would be a nice change of pace to have the other conference be the competitive one.

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2019, 11:56 AM
If Durant leaves the Warriors, Kawhi would have a much easier path in the pretender West..Leonard with the Clippers wouldn't have any resistance outside of a re-tooled Warriors team..

Durant to the Knicks and Irving to the Knicks/Nets makes the East extremely difficult, not to mention the Raptors already struggled against the Bucks and 76ers..

DPG21920
06-06-2019, 12:03 PM
If Durant leaves the Warriors, Kawhi would have a much easier path in the pretender West..Leonard with the Clippers wouldn't have any resistance outside of a re-tooled Warriors team..

Durant to the Knicks and Irving to the Knicks/Nets makes the East extremely difficult, not to mention the Raptors already struggled against the Bucks and 76ers..

I don’t know what GS can do to re-tool honestly. Even if KD goes and they renounce or waive everyone they can (with exception of Klay) they have no cap space. They will be limited in their ability to really re-tool.

If they lose KD they are mortal again.

GusT15
06-06-2019, 12:10 PM
I don’t know what GS can do to re-tool honestly. Even if KD goes and they renounce or waive everyone they can (with exception of Klay) they have no cap space. They will be limited in their ability to really re-tool.

This is exactly why KD needs to leave GS and this is exactly why i will not be surprised one bit if-even after all the rumours-he stays in San Fransisco.

exstatic
06-06-2019, 12:12 PM

It all depends on what the status of his quad really is. If it's actually degenerative, then there is just no way he can leave the extra Toronto money on the table. He'd have to stay, no matter what other player movement happens in whatever convference. Winning is nice, but having money to survive on in your sixties when you stop earning in your early 30s is priceless.

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2019, 12:23 PM
It all depends on what the status of his quad really is. If it's actually degenerative, then there is just no way he can leave the extra Toronto money on the table. He'd have to stay, no matter what other player movement happens in whatever convference. Winning is nice, but having money to survive on in your sixties when you stop earning in your early 30s is priceless.

Ya, who knows what Kawhi is thinking..everybody on the outside seems to think he's going to take a 1-2 year deal with the Raptors now, though..

If he wins another ring this year, I highly doubt that winning again will be his highest priority..in his interviews, the common theme has been discussing staying healthy..

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2019, 12:27 PM

There's nothing they can do to become a superteam again, but I'd still have them as the favorite in the West if their top 3 remains intact..

Who knows, though, would it really be that surprising if Durant doesn't leave?

FvckMavs
06-06-2019, 12:28 PM

Uncle Robertson will make sure most of his money spent within a couple years after he retires.

dbreiden83080
06-06-2019, 02:04 PM

On that note, Kawhi will expect a long-term deal if his agent has half a brain. His value will never be higher than it is right now.

Likely goes short term. Wants flexibility and pressure on the team to keep getting better..

Bellboy
06-06-2019, 02:51 PM
Atlanta looking to move #1 picks so,

Atlanta sends Taurean Prince, 2019 #8, #10

San Antonio sends Bryan Forbes, 2019 #49, 2020 #1, 2021 #2, 2023, #1

Possibly send Toronto’s #29 pick to Sixers for #33 and #34

BSfromTX
06-06-2019, 02:56 PM
If he resigns with Toronto, its my guess they are realizing spurs were right all along and this could very well be the last chance at a big contract... If he resigns for two years, then I would assume I am wrong since he would have to be insane not to get as much as possible.

GusT15
06-06-2019, 03:50 PM
Atlanta looking to move #1 picks so,

Atlanta sends Taurean Prince, 2019 #8, #10

San Antonio sends Bryan Forbes, 2019 #49, 2020 #1, 2021 #2, 2023, #1

Possibly send Toronto’s #29 pick to Sixers for #33 and #34

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1136731760887308288

Dammit i thought Prince would work in the Spurs system

KDKSpurs24
06-06-2019, 03:55 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1136731760887308288

Dammit i thought Prince would work in the Spurs system
Damn.. Brooklyn is about to have a huge summer. Team will be drastically better next season. Great management

gambit1990
06-06-2019, 04:15 PM
brooklyn is perfect team for kyrie to sabotage next.

DPG21920
06-06-2019, 05:10 PM
I hate that BKY is doing this (for Kyrie). I love that they are confident and trying to win, I just don’t want Kyrie there. But they aren’t giving up 2 first round picks for cap space unless they have a good read (one would hope).

But I think SA can get Prince now if they want. Prince was a salary move. BKY gave up 2 firsts to dump Crabbe. Now, if SA comes in with Bryn + 29 for Prince, I’m sure ATl would be all over that. Keeps their space the same and nets them back a first rounder.

RC_Drunkford
06-06-2019, 07:22 PM

I was thinking the same. Clippers make a ton of sense for him. They have everything in place already, all they need is 1 superstar

Damn.. Brooklyn is about to have a huge summer. Team will be drastically better next season. Great management

Sean Marks

GreekSpursfan
06-06-2019, 07:32 PM
Great move by S.Marks but he can still mess it up if he goes with Kyrie and D.Russell on the same team imo, i don't see the fit.

Jonnyblue19
06-06-2019, 08:35 PM
Great move by S.Marks but he can still mess it up if he goes with Kyrie and D.Russell on the same team imo, i don't see the fit.

They would let Russell go if they got Kyrie. Also it would be funny if they got Davis and screwed over the Celtics like they got screwed over with those horrible trades they made for Paul Pierce and KG.

GreekSpursfan
06-07-2019, 07:00 AM
They would let Russell go if they got Kyrie. Also it would be funny if they got Davis and screwed over the Celtics like they got screwed over with those horrible trades they made for Paul Pierce and KG.

Can they sign and trade D.Russell plus some other piece or picks for AD?

NameLess Scrub
06-07-2019, 07:56 AM
At this point I would be very hesitant about Kyrie, specially if he's gonna be the best player on the team.

He's also injury prone. I'm not seeing this as something that will work out for the Nets.

gambit1990
06-07-2019, 09:05 AM
kyrie sucks. sean should be smarter. kemba >>>

look_at_g_shred
06-07-2019, 09:54 AM
This one too. Unrelated to the San Antonio Spurs.

DPG21920
06-07-2019, 11:37 AM
kyrie sucks. sean should be smarter. kemba >>>

He doesn’t suck - he’s just a head case and a toxic leader it appears.

slick'81
06-07-2019, 04:05 PM
At this point I would be very hesitant about Kyrie, specially if he's gonna be the best player on the team.

He's also injury prone. I'm not seeing this as something that will work out for the Nets.

Yet demar will work out for us?

NameLess Scrub
06-07-2019, 06:42 PM
Yet demar will work out for us?

Why do you even bring DeMar up?
Do you think I'm Pop? :lol