PDA

View Full Version : Raptors: Why is no one talking about the Raptors Unprecedented defensive performance?

apalisoc_9
06-02-2019, 03:28 AM
Kawhi gets credit (not enough if you ask me)
People talk about pascal etc.

But

Against Philly, Mil, Game 1 GSW they held these teams to 80ish ppg per 100 possession in the halfcourt.. Basically turned them into complete scrubs in halfcourt offense. 82ppg in 100 possessioms against GSW, somehwere close for both MIL and PHil, and all these teams were completely different in how they operate offensively.

Their halfcourt defense since the philly series. I havent seen anyone in the pace era with a similar defensive performance.

If the game was played at a much slower pace with significantly less Fast breaks, and less possessions ala 00 and 90s. The raptors would practiclly be holding their opponents to 60ppg in a whole game.

ambchang
06-02-2019, 10:16 AM
It’s actually the main reason. Holding the warriors to 49 pats in the first half was amazing. Gasol was phenomenal and van fleet was way better than anyone can expect.

Raptors matched up well from a defensive perspective but snake may tip the balance as it would be difficult for the raptors to constantly double curry.

It was talked about in the raptors warriors thread quite a bit. In terms of main stream it’s not expected to be talked about. No casual fan understands defence.

Play Boban
06-02-2019, 11:03 AM
Kawhi gets credit (not enough if you ask me)
People talk about pascal etc.

But

Against Philly, Mil, Game 1 GSW they held these teams to 80ish ppg per 100 possession in the halfcourt.. Basically turned them into complete scrubs in halfcourt offense. 82ppg in 100 possessioms against GSW, somehwere close for both MIL and PHil, and all these teams were completely different in how they operate offensively.

Their halfcourt defense since the philly series. I havent seen anyone in the pace era with a similar defensive performance.

If the game was played at a much slower pace with significantly less Fast breaks, and less possessions ala 00 and 90s. The raptors would practiclly be holding their opponents to 60ppg in a whole game.
MVGasol per par.

DMC
06-05-2019, 12:15 AM
Why? I have talked about it but from the media, today's NBA pundit doesn't see defense. They see the outcome and consider good defense to be lack of offense.