PDA

View Full Version : Red Light Cameras are Banned in Texas?

LkrFan
06-02-2019, 07:51 AM

Not sure why they were needed in the first place. I mean you farmers putting 5.7 liter Dodge Hemi engines in your tractors? :lol

I could hear you farmers now in cattle municipal court complaining: "I can't pay for chicken feed and pay these $75 fines! It's not fair!" :cry

Cheap rat bastards :lmao

baseline bum
06-02-2019, 08:08 AM
Shit I thought they were already banned in Texas. I fucking hated those in LA. Made it feel like a police state on the road. Especially since LA had so few protected left arrow lights when I lived there.

Spurminator
06-02-2019, 08:41 AM
Above all, red light cameras were too impartial to last.

But good riddance anyway.

Chucho
06-02-2019, 10:50 AM

Not sure why they were needed in the first place. I mean you farmers putting 5.7 liter Dodge Hemi engines in your tractors? :lol

I could hear you farmers now in cattle municipal court complaining: "I can't pay for chicken feed and pay these $75 fines! It's not fair!" :cry

Cheap rat bastards :lmao

Is it because your extended family is so wet backish they can only be pickers and never be farmers that you call everyone who isnt a homo from LA a "farmer"?

Will Hunting
06-02-2019, 11:00 AM
The cameras that would ding you for not coming to a complete stop before making a right on red (even if you slowed down to <5 MPH) were especially bullshit, glad those are gone.

Will Hunting
06-02-2019, 11:01 AM
Shit I thought they were already banned in Texas. I fucking hated those in LA. Made it feel like a police state on the road. Especially since LA had so few protected left arrow lights when I lived there.
The ones in Phoenix were the worst but they were so easy to get out of.

Blake
06-02-2019, 11:43 AM

Nope they've had them in Balcones heights for a long time notably on Fredericksburg rd

aj3292
06-02-2019, 12:08 PM
Didn't realize they had these in LA. Then again, traffic was so bad the few times I drove through there that I was crawling even on the highway most of the time. Hardly would have mattered.

LkrFan
06-02-2019, 12:13 PM
Is it because your extended family is so wet backish they can only be pickers and never be farmers that you call everyone who isnt a homo from LA a "farmer"?

:lmao - that's cold my nigg :lol

Millennial_Messiah
06-02-2019, 01:09 PM
The cameras that would ding you for not coming to a complete stop before making a right on red (even if you slowed down to <5 MPH) were especially bullshit, glad those are gone.

Agree, that's some horse manure. Then again, tickets in the mail can never be truly enforced anyway, it's either the cop dings you at the time of -or they don't.

Blake
06-02-2019, 01:52 PM
Agree, that's some horse manure. Then again, tickets in the mail can never be truly enforced anyway, it's either the cop dings you at the time of -or they don't.

As a criminal offense no but if you don't pay here they can hold up renewal of your DL, IIRC

Millennial_Messiah
06-02-2019, 03:04 PM
As a criminal offense no but if you don't pay here they can hold up renewal of your DL, IIRC

they can't, same for vehicle registration. Not for mail tickets. They can for unpaid tolls, though.

DJR210
06-03-2019, 10:00 PM
I hope they are because I just ran one in Leon Valley

DJR210
06-03-2019, 10:02 PM
Nope they've had them in Balcones heights for a long time notably on Fredericksburg rd

That shithole BH will send tickets for people turning right on red by the Jims

FkLA
06-03-2019, 11:34 PM

Those fucking little "cities" within SA are always trying to rip people off. Seconds after stepping into Castle Hills I got pulled over for an expired tag. I went and got my tags that same day. Showed up to court fully expecting to get some sort of reduction (like SA courts do) and the arbitrator was like nah pay all of it. I called them small-time too for having to depend on petty shit to keep their shitholes running. :lol

DJR210
06-04-2019, 07:59 AM
Those fucking little "cities" within SA are always trying to rip people off. Seconds after stepping into Castle Hills I got pulled over for an expired tag. I went and got my tags that same day. Showed up to court fully expecting to get some sort of reduction (like SA courts do) and the arbitrator was like nah pay all of it. I called them small-time too for having to depend on petty shit to keep their shitholes running. :lol

Yeah, fuck all those POS shit cities, I avoid as much as I can.. I have to drive through Leon Valley a lot, and hate having to slam on the brakes sometimes to avoid running the red if the yellow pops up and I'm approaching at speed. Castle Hills is bullshit too, they set up speed traps in all the weasel little spots like exiting off 410 onto their access road.. They'll get you for exiting off at 47 MPH the second you enter their shitty jurisdiction if you're not careful there

UZER
06-04-2019, 09:55 AM

I got a red light ticket in BH by Crossroads because I got caught in the stupid yellow to red trap. Not speeding but the light turned yellow too late to stop the car, but then quickly turned red so I ran the light. Next thing I know, ticket in the mail.

Millennial_Messiah
06-04-2019, 12:30 PM
Yeah, fuck all those POS shit cities, I avoid as much as I can.. I have to drive through Leon Valley a lot, and hate having to slam on the brakes sometimes to avoid running the red if the yellow pops up and I'm approaching at speed. Castle Hills is bullshit too, they set up speed traps in all the weasel little spots like exiting off 410 onto their access road.. They'll get you for exiting off at 47 MPH the second you enter their shitty jurisdiction if you're not careful there

Castle Hills is nice though. Leon Valley (6-7 miles from where I grew up) is generally a shithole unless you like mediocre clubs and lots of foreign people.

FYI... I grew up in the little square inside of 1604, 90, 151, and 410. Seaworld/NVC walking distance.

DJR210
06-04-2019, 12:59 PM
I got a red light ticket in BH by Crossroads because I got caught in the stupid yellow to red trap. Not speeding but the light turned yellow too late to stop the car, but then quickly turned red so I ran the light. Next thing I know, ticket in the mail.

Yep, that's what they do. Pussy ass shit and so many people don't know how to handle it and send in the money.

DJR210
06-04-2019, 01:03 PM
Castle Hills is nice though. Leon Valley (6-7 miles from where I grew up) is generally a shithole unless you like mediocre clubs and lots of foreign people.

FYI... I grew up in the little square inside of 1604, 90, 151, and 410. Seaworld/NVC walking distance.

What the fuck Leon Valley are you talking about :lol.. It's called Leon Valley, but everybody here knows it's just another area of San Antonio with aggressive police trying to generate revenue. There's no clubs in Leon Valley, and I see the same mexicans in LV that I see everywhere else. The closet area to Leon Valley with a huge population of foreigners is little India right by USAA.

Millennial_Messiah
06-05-2019, 09:00 PM
What the fuck Leon Valley are you talking about :lol.. It's called Leon Valley, but everybody here knows it's just another area of San Antonio with aggressive police trying to generate revenue. There's no clubs in Leon Valley, and I see the same mexicans in LV that I see everywhere else. The closet area to Leon Valley with a huge population of foreigners is little India right by USAA.

Baghdad Grill... Indian stores... Greek stuff... there's like a whole block of weird shit.

Maybe it's just LV/Medical center area in general I'm talking about. The area by Dry Dock (my family's favorite little Cajun seafood spot growing up) and Bikinis, if it's still there.