PDA

View Full Version : OT: WTH? is wrong with Boxing

lebomb
06-03-2019, 11:56 AM
Adonis, Mr universe looking mufawkuh Anthony Joshua getting knocked smooooove out by a 328lb, #15 combination platter eatin butterball mexican from Cali.

SMH, what is da worl comin too?? :pimpslap

GAustex
06-03-2019, 02:11 PM
I smell a fix
The big brother did not look hurt
The big brother was a dumb ass for standing in front of the burrito

DMC
06-03-2019, 02:59 PM
Muscles do not equal punching power or fighting ability. Once those muscle heads start to fucking realize that maybe they'll stay out of the ring.

Doesn't mean someone with a muscular build can't be a good fighter I mean look at Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield and several others. Just doesn't necessarily tie the two together.

K...
06-03-2019, 03:39 PM
I didn't see the fight, but classic fail to appreciate a lesser known fighter, no game plan around opponent, fight changes after the first hit. Lots of reasons not to bet on fights and just be happy at a fair match.

BD24
06-03-2019, 04:21 PM
Those big muscle bound dudes tend to gas pretty easy. Carrying all of that muscle and having good cardio don’t generally go hand in hand.

HarlemHeat37
06-03-2019, 04:26 PM
Ya, as DMC and BD said, physique doesn't translate to fighting ability..

In this case, I think Joshua just underestimated him..his chin has always been questionable and he paid for it..I think he easily wins the rematch..

Will Hunting
06-03-2019, 04:50 PM
Those big muscle bound dudes tend to gas pretty easy. Carrying all of that muscle and having good cardio don’t generally go hand in hand.
Bingo. You’re rarely building that kind of muscle while doing tons of cardio, not to mention it hurts your range of motion / flexibility.

Mitch
06-03-2019, 05:08 PM
Look up butterbean fighting all these jacked up fighters while weighing 450lbs or something :lol

Joshua can't take a beating, if you've been watching his fights you'd know after almost getting ko'd by vlad his chin is suspect for a heavyweight.

BD24
06-03-2019, 06:00 PM
Bingo. You’re rarely building that kind of muscle while doing tons of cardio, not to mention it hurts your range of motion / flexibility.
Yep. I know for me it’s alway tough to find that balance between cardio and adding muscle. I know when I used to spar and do jui jitsu I didn’t mind going up against those big muscle dudes at all. You just had to let them burn all their energy in the first few minutes and then you could light their tired asses up. Those fatties with deceptive cardio on the other hand...you didn’t want to get one of those fucks on top of you

Fabbs
06-03-2019, 06:56 PM
Does he date a San Antonio woman?

lebomb
06-03-2019, 06:59 PM
I guess so yall. Just can’t believe this slimmer Chucho mufawkuh actually won.

midnightpulp
06-03-2019, 07:01 PM
Ya, as DMC and BD said, physique doesn't translate to fighting ability..

In this case, I think Joshua just underestimated him..his chin has always been questionable and he paid for it..I think he easily wins the rematch..

I think Joshua is in for a war. In addition to the weak chin, he really doesn't have elite footwook, hand speed, and head movement. Ruiz actually isn't a slouch, with his only loss being to Parker, a top heavyweight. And a loss many felt Ruiz didn't deserve.

Chucho
06-03-2019, 07:05 PM
OP picks fighters based on who's ass he'd want to lick most.

midnightpulp
06-03-2019, 07:07 PM
Look up butterbean fighting all these jacked up fighters while weighing 450lbs or something :lol

Joshua can't take a beating, if you've been watching his fights you'd know after almost getting ko'd by vlad his chin is suspect for a heavyweight.

People who know much more than me about boxing are also chalking up Joshua's "shocking loss" to simply being a worse boxer, technique wise. Calling him cement feet.

Reck
06-03-2019, 07:11 PM
I think Joshua is in for a war. In addition to the weak chin, he really doesn't have elite footwook, hand speed, and head movement. Ruiz actually isn't a slouch, with his only loss being to Parker, a top heavyweight. And a loss many felt Ruiz didn't deserve.

I was amazed at his record. :lol

Dude has only 1 loss. Crazy

midnightpulp
06-03-2019, 07:14 PM
Ruiz's handspeed is sick.

whitemamba
06-03-2019, 07:19 PM
Muscles do not equal punching power or fighting ability. Once those muscle heads start to fucking realize that maybe they'll stay out of the ring.

Doesn't mean someone with a muscular build can't be a good fighter I mean look at Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield and several others. Just doesn't necessarily tie the two together.
DMC defending fatness what a fucking surprise

whitemamba
06-03-2019, 07:20 PM
Ruiz's handspeed is sick.

That’s pretty impressive not going to lie.

midnightpulp
06-03-2019, 07:32 PM

Aren't you a boxing fan? DMC is right. Looking like Arnold doesn't mean anything if you move around like a stiff and have slow hands.

FkLA
06-03-2019, 07:44 PM

Yeah, after doing my homework on Ruiz (I honestly didn't know much about the dude) it's obvious you are right...this was a classic case of judging a book by it's cover. The dude has been slept on so much throughout his career because of his appearance--not just his fatness but his height too. 33-0-1 with 22 KOs is nothing to sneeze at, tbh.

He's a lovable guy, easy to root for. I'll be pulling for him in the rematch.

HarlemHeat37
06-03-2019, 07:46 PM

I know about Ruiz, I've bet on him in the past, but boxing is as rigged of a sport as there is:lol

Joshua did have some success in this fight, he landed clean on Ruiz several times, he just couldn't absorb the shots back..all he has to do in a rematch is take it to a decision and he'll win IMO..he's still money for a lot of people..

midnightpulp
06-03-2019, 07:52 PM
I know about Ruiz, I've bet on him in the past, but boxing is as rigged of a sport as there is:lol

Joshua did have some success in this fight, he landed clean on Ruiz several times, he just couldn't absorb the shots back..all he has to do in a rematch is take it to a decision and he'll win IMO..he's still money for a lot of people..

Indeed. I think a judge actually had him winning until the TKO :lol. If it's in the UK, Ruiz will have to KO him flat. One of the reasons boxing has sadly slid toward irrelevancy in the US. Just never know if you're getting a legit match. And then the constant ducking.

FkLA
06-03-2019, 07:52 PM
The thing that stuck out to me about Joshua more than the cardio was the lack of heart. When Ruiz hit the canvas, he bounced back up ready to go to war. Joshua looked like the complete opposite, you could see it in his eyes. You can have a suspect chin but still be a willing fighter, Joshua doesn't seem to be that.

midnightpulp
06-03-2019, 07:56 PM
The thing that stuck out to me about Joshua more than the cardio was the lack of heart. When Ruiz hit the canvas, he bounced back up ready to go to war. Joshua looked like the complete opposite, you could see it in his eyes. You can have a suspect chin but still be a willing fighter, Joshua doesn't seem to be that.

Yep.

"I don't want to go to Hell and back to win a fight."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comments/bwb9is/joshua_talking_to_frampton_before_the_fight_i/

Can't say I blame him. Not everyone has the mentally to want to get punched in the head. Being a great fighter really does require a rare mentality few have. It's why many of the best boxers have come from poor backgrounds and such.

FrostKing
06-03-2019, 07:59 PM
?

Un-athletic dudes prosper in sports all the time. Look at the Golden State Warriors

midnightpulp
06-03-2019, 08:03 PM

Also, probably have to fear the tank/payoff. Promoters badly want a Wilder vs. Joshua matchup (US and UK markets), so the conspiracy theorist in me is thinking Ruiz will get threatened/paid off to take a dive and told to make Joshua look dominant in doing so, since Joshua's rep was definitely taken down a notch in this fight. Have to build him up again.

whitemamba
06-03-2019, 08:46 PM
Aren't you a boxing fan? DMC is right. Looking like Arnold doesn't mean anything if you move around like a stiff and have slow hands.
I didn’t disagree with dmc , I’m just saying no surprise he’s defending it. And for the sake of argument , majority of successful boxers have always been in shape ? At least the great ones.

R. DeMurre
06-03-2019, 08:52 PM
Boxing is so dirty, so it's refreshing to see a fight that was obviously on the up & up. None of the people looking for the huge payday of undefeated Joshua vs undefeated Wilder or Joshua vs Fury wanted this result.

R. DeMurre
06-03-2019, 08:59 PM
imagine if the NBA was like boxing! They'd be four different championship series going on at once... Toronto would refuse to play Golden State despite their record and instead offer the Jazz a title shot, and another governing body would sanction Philly vs. Sacramento for a title. The whole thing is ridiculous.

midnightpulp
06-03-2019, 10:26 PM
I didn’t disagree with dmc , I’m just saying no surprise he’s defending it. And for the sake of argument , majority of successful boxers have always been in shape ? At least the great ones.

Ruiz is in shape, though. Like I've argued before, fat doesn't mean you lack stamina, athleticism, quickness etc. Watch sumo sometime. The quickness and flexibility of those behemoths is mind-boggling.

DMC
06-03-2019, 10:35 PM

Looks like he defended himself just fine.

:lol

DMC
06-03-2019, 10:35 PM
Ruiz is in shape, though. Like I've argued before, fat doesn't mean you lack stamina, athleticism, quickness etc. Watch sumo sometime. The quickness and flexibility of those behemoths is mind-boggling.

No, but I'd not put a bet that a random fat person is in shape vs a random body builder :lol

whitemamba
06-03-2019, 10:42 PM
Great point , touché. I guess you can say the same for some football players I.e. linemen etc.. still rather look like AJ than Ruiz imho..

whitemamba
06-03-2019, 10:43 PM
No, but I'd not put a bet that a random fat person is in shape vs a random body builder :lol

Homie, Joshua isn’t a body builder , he’s a boxer, one that has less body fat than others.

midnightpulp
06-03-2019, 10:51 PM
Great point , touché. I guess you can say the same for some football players I.e. linemen etc.. still rather look like AJ than Ruiz imho..

As would anyone, but not everyone can put on 250lb of muscle without the right genetics or a fuckton of PEDs, so if your goal weight is 250 for the sake of playing some sport and you've plateaued with regard to putting on that mass via muscle, you have to do it though gaining fat. See some of them powerlifters.

DMC
06-03-2019, 11:54 PM
Homie, Joshua isn’t a body builder , he’s a boxer, one that has less body fat than others.

I'm referring to Midnight's comment about being fat not meaning being out of shape. Given two people with those body types, I'd pick the non-fat one to be in better shape. Who is the better fighter though, that's a coin toss.

whitemamba
06-04-2019, 05:12 PM
As would anyone, but not everyone can put on 250lb of muscle without the right genetics or a fuckton of PEDs, so if your goal weight is 250 for the sake of playing some sport and you've plateaued with regard to putting on that mass via muscle, you have to do it though gaining fat. See some of them powerlifters.

Agreed . The goods per usual.

whitemamba
06-04-2019, 05:13 PM
I'm referring to Midnight's comment about being fat not meaning being out of shape. Given two people with those body types, I'd pick the non-fat one to be in better shape. Who is the better fighter though, that's a coin toss.

Notnsure how much history you have about AJs boxing , but he didn’t start till his late teens iirc, Ruiz on the other fat hand, been boxing his whole life. I’m sure experience played a crucial role , and clearly Ruiz had the bigger heart. I’ll tske nothing away from him.

midnightpulp
06-04-2019, 06:13 PM
Notnsure how much history you have about AJs boxing , but he didn’t start till his late teens iirc, Ruiz on the other fat hand, been boxing his whole life. I’m sure experience played a crucial role , and clearly Ruiz had the bigger heart. I’ll tske nothing away from him.

Yep. You can tell the skill difference between the two in that fight. Not saying AJ is skill-less, but he just isn't as fundamentally polished as the Wilder, Fury, Ruiz, etc.

webshad
06-04-2019, 07:43 PM
Joshua lost more than a fight, he lost $50 million dollar plus. This loss took a lot out from the Joshua/Fury bout and Joshua/Wilder bout.

To Joshua's credit, it wasn't fully fair for him, he was mentally and physically training for Big Baby Miller. It always difficult to adjust to last minute changes. He will still smoke Ruiz in the rematch tho. Only thing I'm scared is that he tries to get him out before R7 just out of ego then gets caught again.

You all remember, Wilder almost got KO'ed by Ortiz. This is the heavyweight game, one punch can change history.

DMC
06-04-2019, 08:38 PM

:p:

Ashy Larry
06-04-2019, 09:03 PM
People sleep on Andy Ruiz. Dude had a solid amateur background. Has good hand speed and great muscle memory. It just surrounded by a shitload of flab. Dude can scrap. Very technically sound. You get hit in the temple, you can buckle. Still haven’t seen any workout that strength the chin, back of the ear or temple.

Kurgan
06-04-2019, 11:03 PM
This reminded me of the Wlad vs Corrie Sanders upset from 15 years ago. Short fat guy destroying the tall, jacked champion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVsDayVzpSw

webshad
06-05-2019, 12:25 AM
People sleep on Andy Ruiz. Dude had a solid amateur background. Has good hand speed and great muscle memory. It just surrounded by a shitload of flab. Dude can scrap. Very technically sound. You get hit in the temple, you can buckle. Still haven’t seen any workout that strength the chin, back of the ear or temple.

It has nothing to do with his skill. Ruiz will get destroyed in the rematch. It was just a punch Ruiz threw out of desperation and it landed.

It's funny how the media is making Ruiz sound like he is all that, and that he was actually suppose to win the fight.

Ruiz was about to go to sleep, he threw a left hook with his eyes closed. Nothing more than that. It happened before to Lennox Lewis, Wladimir with Corrie Sanders, etc etc.

Fury is still #1, then Wilder, then Joshua. Ruiz didn't prove anything by winning this fight.

RD2191
06-05-2019, 10:54 AM
It has nothing to do with his skill. Ruiz will get destroyed in the rematch. It was just a punch Ruiz threw out of desperation and it landed.

It's funny how the media is making Ruiz sound like he is all that, and that he was actually suppose to win the fight.

Ruiz was about to go to sleep, he threw a left hook with his eyes closed. Nothing more than that. It happened before to Lennox Lewis, Wladimir with Corrie Sanders, etc etc.

Fury is still #1, then Wilder, then Joshua. Ruiz didn't prove anything by winning this fight.

Lmao. You sound like a salty ass bitch. Ruiz kicked the shit out of AJ. Ruiz is a fighter, and he'll kick AJs ass once again. I guarantee it.

Chucho
06-05-2019, 11:01 AM
Lmao. You sound like a salty ass bitch. Ruiz kicked the shit out of AJ. Ruiz is a fighter, and he'll kick AJs ass once again. I guarantee it.

Puro Pinche Ruiz.

webshad
06-05-2019, 12:20 PM

You're seriously delusional.

Did you guarantee this victory, be honest? Or are you just riding the bandwagon and will simply disappear after November/December when AJ destroys him?

Ashy Larry
06-05-2019, 03:06 PM
I didn’t pick Ruiz to win that fight but I did give him a punchers chance especially with (1) Joshua’s suspect everything when it comes to his head and (2) being a skillful heavyweight. Joshua probably will win the rematch but once again don’t sleep on Ruiz. Dude got checked. Went down. Joshua got checked. Was shook the rest of the fight.

Hell, Ruiz damn near best Parker in his back yard and Parker went the disntsnce with Joshua. Anything can happen in Boxing. Jeff Mayeesther said it best: Andy Ruiz is that kid you pick on at school because of his appearance and then you realize you fucked up. He’s about to get paid.

Chucho
06-05-2019, 04:40 PM

Did you guarantee this victory, be honest? Or are you just riding the bandwagon and will simply disappear after November/December when AJ destroys him?

He's definitely a band wagoner.

whitemamba
06-05-2019, 08:03 PM

Tyson fury before the fight said styles don’t match up and Ruiz will knock him out , and post fight he said if they fought Aj would lose again. Maybe there’s something you don’t see friend.

webshad
06-05-2019, 10:47 PM
Tyson fury before the fight said styles don’t match up and Ruiz will knock him out , and post fight he said if they fought Aj would lose again. Maybe there’s something you don’t see friend.

Fury is a master at playing head games. If Ruiz lost, Fury would have said well he didn't follow his game plan and blah blah blah.

Joshua had Ruiz beat, just got caught with a desperation shot by Ruiz that messed up his equilibrium. Ruiz was about to get hurt majorly because he didn't care, his mentally was "if I go down, I'll go down swinging".

AJ will win the re-match easy. You think Ruiz will win the re-match?

AJ will get KO'ed by Wilder, he should avoid him like a plague.
AJ will get schooled easy by Fury.

webshad
06-10-2019, 08:22 AM
This guy is master at playing mental games, too much pressure on you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2fgfn1GVoo

06-10-2019, 09:22 AM
Didn’t AJ get KO’d by his sparring partner the week of the fight, and that's why he had wobbly legs from the start?