PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Maddow's credibility and ratings at a low ebb following Mueller findings, critics say

ducks
06-03-2019, 09:57 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/msnbc-maddow-ratings-credibility-mueller

Pavlov
06-03-2019, 10:41 PM
lol fox news

Spurminator
06-03-2019, 10:50 PM
https://www.thewrap.com/members/2019/05/29/songland-americas-got-talent-premiere-ratings-nbc/

Ratings: NBC’s ‘Songland’ Gets Highest-Rated Alternative Summer Series Debut Since June 2017

Reck
06-03-2019, 11:05 PM
Fox News accusing another network's anchor of not having credibility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yf35s55Uyg

Spurs Homer
06-03-2019, 11:57 PM
Translation: “maddow is getting warmer and warmer regarding trumps criminality- time to attack maddow!”

Reck
06-04-2019, 01:08 AM
Translation: “maddow is getting warmer and warmer regarding trumps criminality- time to attack maddow!”

She's not any closer than when she thought she had Trump on those 2005 tax returns. Maddow is a joke.

Spurtacular
06-04-2019, 07:30 AM
https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2019/06/1862/1048/Rachel-Maddow1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

lol

(It needs the fade-in / fade-out, though.)

Spurs Homer
06-04-2019, 10:02 AM
She's not any closer than when she thought she had Trump on those 2005 tax returns. Maddow is a joke.

As compared to who - Hannity? Carlson? Pirro?

lololol

Ball Buster
06-04-2019, 11:16 AM
Maddow was good friends with Roger Ailes before he passed. She considered him a good friend and mentor.

Winehole23
06-04-2019, 11:20 AM
Maddow is awful. She's a big reason the NYT thinks appearing on MSNBC hurts its credibility.

Winehole23
06-04-2019, 11:25 AM
Fox and MSNBC are two sides one coin: "partisan media."

boutons_deux
06-04-2019, 11:36 AM
Maddow is awful. She's a big reason the NYT thinks appearing on MSNBC hurts its credibility.

Are NYT people allowed on Fox News?

boutons_deux
06-04-2019, 11:37 AM
Fox and MSNBC are two sides one coin: "partisan media."

bullshit. fuck your "both sides"

Fox news is rampant with lies and propaganda, white supremacy, etc, 100% aligned with Trash

Winehole23
06-04-2019, 12:01 PM
Are NYT people allowed on Fox News?I think so; you'd have to ask Bari Weiss. Your point?

Winehole23
06-04-2019, 12:04 PM
bullshit. fuck your "both sides"

Fox news is rampant with lies and propaganda, white supremacy, etc, 100% aligned with TrashAnd MSNBC is essentially 100% against him. There's plenty of fact challenged reporting and crass appeals to fear, paranoia and ersatz outrage at MSNBC as well.

Whatever gets the ratings and the clicks.

dbreiden83080
06-04-2019, 06:33 PM
"The New York Times had reportedly blocked its reporters from appearing on “Maddow” because the program is too partisan, with one insider from the Grey Lady's newsroom agreeing, telling Fox News “it rubs off” on any journalist who is too closely aligned to the far left"

This from a network that employs Sean Hannity..

Chris
06-04-2019, 07:23 PM
Pretty sure she hit rock bottom after her crocodile tears got exposed for those "poor kids" at the border shelter.

boutons_deux
06-04-2019, 07:50 PM
And MSNBC is essentially 100% against him. There's plenty of fact challenged reporting and crass appeals to fear, paranoia and ersatz outrage at MSNBC as well.

False equivalence, "both sides" bullshit

Fox opinion assholes KNOW they are lying, propagandizing, inflaming, polarizing in 100% bad faith. That's not true with MSNBC

TeyshaBlue
06-05-2019, 01:22 AM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Winehole23
06-05-2019, 01:48 AM
Rachel Maddow basically does the Glenn Beck grift, for gullible libs.

UnWantedTheory
06-05-2019, 03:11 AM
False equivalence, "both sides" bullshit

Fox opinion assholes KNOW they are lying, propagandizing, inflaming, polarizing in 100% bad faith. That's not true with MSNBC
Intentions don't really change the result bruh. Truth be told, MSNBC really is damn near as bad as Fox.

Quadzilla99
06-05-2019, 08:01 AM
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/msnbc-maddow-ratings-credibility-mueller

Average Cable news watcher is 65 years old lol

boutons_deux
06-05-2019, 08:08 AM
Intentions don't really change the result bruh. Truth be told, MSNBC really is damn near as bad as Fox.

Fox was created by Ailes to LIE and propagandize, and his evil lives on after him. He was brilliant but evil.

MSNBC does go after the rightwing and Repugs because there is so much BAD low-hanging from the rightwing and Repugs to go after.

Fox opinionators are lying to low-ed, low-wage old white males well down their intellectual decline and frontal lobe shrinkage, to piss them off.

AaronY
06-05-2019, 09:45 AM
Pretty sure she hit rock bottom after her crocodile tears got exposed for those "poor kids" at the border shelter.
dont know what that is but it cant be worse than when she had trumps taxes

pgardn
06-05-2019, 09:57 AM
Yet people listen to Sean Hannity.
Like our president. How about making Maddow secretary of state. Because Bernie likes her on television.

Put that vision in your head.

Spurs Homer
06-05-2019, 11:46 AM
Maddow does basically one thing -

expose/report corruption - on people who are corrupt - and they are mainly on the right.

However - Al Franken, Avenatti, and others get reported on when they do corrupt and/or questionable illegal shit -

The fact that MOST of her reporting involves the criminal administration - just confirms how corrupt they are.

I got no issues with a reporter who reports corruption on any side.

I call bullshit on those making the FOX news false equivalency.

When you can be proud of the integrity and behavior of your chosen leaders - it won't matter what people like Maddow do or don't do.

Those that can actually give examples of her reporting false or fake news - please provide examples. You can't.

Fox news - though - all one has to do is watch one show of Hannity/Tucker/Ingraham

and see lie upon lie upon lie upon lie -

all while clutching their pearls at the

"evil corrupt left/mainstream media"

Guys who make MILLIONS per year working in the media - crying and labeling everyone else "mainstream"

gtfo of here

RandomGuy
06-05-2019, 12:02 PM
LOL fox news

RandomGuy
06-05-2019, 12:07 PM
And MSNBC is essentially 100% against him. There's plenty of fact challenged reporting and crass appeals to fear, paranoia and ersatz outrage at MSNBC as well.

Are they both equally bad?

Sounds like more lazy false equivalence to me. Not going to argue that MS doens't have its viewpoint, but you would be hard pressed to say they are equally bad. Fox' talking heads fawn all over the president and the Republican party in ways that you would be hard pressed to find parallels to on MS.

Chris
06-05-2019, 01:52 PM
dont know what that is but it cant be worse than when she had trumps taxes

It's worse:

DKuIjT-k-C8

Winehole23
06-05-2019, 02:26 PM
Are they both equally bad?

Sounds like more lazy false equivalence to me. Not going to argue that MS doens't have its viewpoint, but you would be hard pressed to say they are equally bad. Fox' talking heads fawn all over the president and the Republican party in ways that you would be hard pressed to find parallels to on MS.It's mainly Maddow I can't stand, but it's clear MSNBC ia biased according to political viewpoint. It aims itself at Democrats.

I stand by my statement that Maddow is Glenn Beck for simpleminded libs.

Spurminator
06-05-2019, 02:50 PM
It's mainly Maddow I can't stand, but it's clear MSNBC ia biased according to political viewpoint. It aims itself at Democrats.

I stand by my statement that Maddow is Glenn Beck for simpleminded libs.

I can't make this equivalence when only one's hyperbolic fearmongering directly targets the less fortunate and less powerful in this country.

I don't like sensationalism from any side, which is why I never watch cable news, but I would choose sensationalized criticism of those in power 100 times before I'd choose the coordinated hysterical antagonization of minority religions, races and sexualities that goes with being a conservative pundit like Beck, in service to white nationalism.

Winehole23
06-05-2019, 03:04 PM
That's fair enough, Spurminator.

I don't think they're substantively the same, or even bad in exactly the same way. But I do think both are sensationalistic and play fast and loose with facts -- Fox may well be less scrupulous, hard for me to tell, I'm not exposed to tons of either apart from what gets reposted here or written about elsewhere.

I do have sympathy with your point that it makes a difference which side one picks, but I feel that the choice between MSNBC and Fox is a false dilemma. Both are objectively bad, and I can get most all the info I need elsewhere -- they do have their occasional scoops, of course.

RandomGuy
06-05-2019, 05:57 PM
I can't make this equivalence when only one's hyperbolic fearmongering directly targets the less fortunate and less powerful in this country.

I don't like sensationalism from any side, which is why I never watch cable news, but I would choose sensationalized criticism of those in power 100 times before I'd choose the coordinated hysterical antagonization of minority religions, races and sexualities that goes with being a conservative pundit like Beck, in service to white nationalism.

+1

Not one much for it either.

TeyshaBlue
06-05-2019, 09:26 PM
I see the false equivalence forcfield has been raised yet again...as if there were any relevancy whatsoever to Maddow being a hack

boutons_deux
06-05-2019, 09:29 PM
anybody on MSNBC spew total shit like Tucker Carlson?

Tucker Carlson: The metric system is a ‘creepy’ new world order plot

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/tucker-carlson-the-metric-system-is-a-creepy-new-world-order-plot/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

boutons_deux
06-05-2019, 10:02 PM
Rachel Maddow Hammers Trump: ‘Even if You Bleach Your Brain’ You Wouldn’t Celebrate Walls With Irish PM!

“Erase your mind for a second.

Forget everything you might have ever heard or ever known about Ireland and Northern Ireland…

Even if you bleach your brain to the point where nothing is left in terms of cognizance in terms of what might be a sensitive subject there,

even still, in this hypothetically-lobotomized state where you’ve had your brain wiped of all knowledge of Ireland,

Northern Ireland and the question of a potential border wall there,

you still with this hypothetical lobotomy would still not sit down with the Irish minister and suggest first words out of your mouth,

‘Hey, you know, your border wall is going to be awesome!’

It’s not like Ireland and Northern Ireland have ever had an issue around that border.

There’s never been any sort of conflict there, right?”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/rachel-maddow-hammers-trump-even-if-you-bleach-your-brain-you-wouldnt-celebrate-walls-with-irish-pm/ (https://www.mediaite.com/tv/rachel-maddow-hammers-trump-even-if-you-bleach-your-brain-you-wouldnt-celebrate-walls-with-irish-pm/)

Winehole23
06-05-2019, 10:59 PM
I see the false equivalence forcfield has been raised yet again...as if there were any relevancy whatsoever to Maddow being a hackA grifter, tbh. Mad bank.

UnWantedTheory
06-06-2019, 03:12 AM

Fair point and of course Fox is vile. My point is that if MSNBC falls short of their purpose due to biased sensationalized shit, why bother watching either when there are a multitude of options?

Spurminator
06-06-2019, 09:42 AM
Fair point and of course Fox is vile. My point is that if MSNBC falls short of their purpose due to biased sensationalized shit, why bother watching either when there are a multitude of options?

My post was in direct response to Maddow/MSNBC being equated to Glenn Beck, etc.

I agree they should both be avoided.

RandomGuy
06-06-2019, 09:55 AM
That's fair enough, Spurminator.

I don't think they're substantively the same, or even bad in exactly the same way. But I do think both are sensationalistic and play fast and loose with facts -- Fox may well be less scrupulous, hard for me to tell, I'm not exposed to tons of either apart from what gets reposted here or written about elsewhere.

I do have sympathy with your point that it makes a difference which side one picks, but I feel that the choice between MSNBC and Fox is a false dilemma. Both are objectively bad, and I can get most all the info I need elsewhere -- they do have their occasional scoops, of course.

Agreed on pretty much all counts.

That said Fox is vastly less scrupulous, and its not even close.

UnWantedTheory
06-06-2019, 04:01 PM
My post was in direct response to Maddow/MSNBC being equated to Glenn Beck, etc.

I agree they should both be avoided.
Got ya.