PDA

View Full Version : Demar DeRozan: “I was sacrificial lamb [for the Raptors]” deRozan still rooting for raptors, says he’s more ‘hurt’ than ‘angry’

Genovaswitness
06-04-2019, 10:15 AM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2839377

somebody check on our depressed, inept, psycho loser team leader :lmao

Poolboy5623
06-04-2019, 10:29 AM
What a loser...really hope the Spurs dont extend this guy, but knowing them they'll give him the max:(

K...
06-04-2019, 10:30 AM
Spursfan " pafto has personally wounded me with their inept roster construction, I'm blinded and lashed by their arrogance"

DeRozan "I've been treated badly, forced to leave the cty and teammates I love"

Spursfan "what an emo loser"

Genovaswitness
06-04-2019, 10:37 AM
somebody quick please pay this man 40 million/yr :lmao

exstatic
06-04-2019, 10:48 AM
Spursfan " pafto has personally wounded me with their inept roster construction, I'm blinded and lashed by their arrogance"

#somuchthis

baseline bum
06-04-2019, 10:51 AM
DeRozan needs to fucking get over the trade. Also time to make new Kawhi thread.

ECOV
06-04-2019, 10:51 AM
lol yall are pussies

MoSpur02
06-04-2019, 11:04 AM
Not sure why Demar gets all this hate??? The Spurs traded for him because Kawhi wanted out. Derozan played great this season. He put you good numbers a d the Spurs don't make the playoffs without him. It's unfair to compare him to Leonard. Kawhi (when healthy) is a top 5, maybe top 3 NBA player. DeMar isn't that, but then again about 99% of the NBA players aren't on Kawhi's level.

DeMar isn't getting into trouble, talks openly about a mental condition that affects a lot of people, and seems like a genuine good guy and yet gets slammed for anything he says or does. SMH. I understand though. Spurs fans are spoiled. We've had greatness as far as players go for a long time now and expect every player the Spurs bring in to be on the same levels as a TD, Kawhi, and etc.

Trill Clinton
06-04-2019, 11:07 AM
So nobody watched the video?

MoSpur02
06-04-2019, 11:12 AM
I watched

Chucho
06-04-2019, 11:13 AM

peacemaker885
06-04-2019, 11:14 AM
Not sure why Demar gets all this hate??? The Spurs traded for him because Kawhi wanted out. Derozan played great this season. He put you good numbers a d the Spurs don't make the playoffs without him. It's unfair to compare him to Leonard. Kawhi (when healthy) is a top 5, maybe top 3 NBA player. DeMar isn't that, but then again about 99% of the NBA players aren't on Kawhi's level.

DeMar isn't getting into trouble, talks openly about a mental condition that affects a lot of people, and seems like a genuine good guy and yet gets slammed for anything he says or does. SMH. I understand though. Spurs fans are spoiled. We've had greatness as far as players go for a long time now and expect every player the Spurs bring in to be on the same levels as a TD, Kawhi, and etc.

Ignore them. They are trolls.

jermaine
06-04-2019, 11:16 AM
Yoooo... great video!! Anytime I can see a Spurs player being a real regular person, I love it. Made me root for him more. #Comp10

MoSpur02
06-04-2019, 11:19 AM
What's up with Taylor Rooks and Cari Champion asking DeMar about playing with the Lakers? C'mon now.

r0drig0lac
06-04-2019, 11:21 AM
nice...idgaf

exstatic
06-04-2019, 11:24 AM
What's up with Taylor Rooks and Cari Champion asking DeMar about playing with the Lakers? C'mon now.

For pick #4? I'm all over it...

R. DeMurre
06-04-2019, 11:24 AM

:lol

duncan2k5
06-04-2019, 11:27 AM

Ur looking at stats... His impact was a negative, as he has always been his entire career... Not to mention him in the playoffs... I'm a spurs fan... Him on the team makes us worse... This isn't a charity case... Get him the FUCK off my team

Rusty
06-04-2019, 11:33 AM
sacrificial lamb:lol

nigga you got traded cause you suck in the playoffs

exstatic
06-04-2019, 11:34 AM
Ur looking at stats... His impact was a negative, as he has always been his entire career... Not to mention him in the playoffs... I'm a spurs fan... Him on the team makes us worse... This isn't a charity case... Get him the FUCK off my team

?? He's no longer on the Raptors.

MoSpur02
06-04-2019, 11:39 AM

You're still acting like you're a Spurs fan? You're a player fan bro.

timtonymanu
06-04-2019, 11:41 AM
And some of you want to keep this guy. :lol

Dverde
06-04-2019, 11:43 AM
Pop made them watch “March of the Penguin” WTF is that? Did he have Mills and Forbes line up and walk around?

sananspursfan21
06-04-2019, 11:44 AM
Geez, why can’t this guy be a robot? Instead, he’s got these freaking normal human emotions and expressions and crap! Just shut up and play basketball you stupid slave!

timtonymanu
06-04-2019, 11:45 AM

:tu

RD2191
06-04-2019, 11:53 AM
My gawd. Someone get this emo bum the fuck off the team.

RD2191
06-04-2019, 11:54 AM

He is what he is.

timtonymanu
06-04-2019, 11:55 AM
same fans that want Aldridge’s jersey hanging next to the big 3 after he retires :lol

cjw
06-04-2019, 12:00 PM
For everyone praying for DDR to get traded, you should also hope Toronto resigns Kawhi, and the Bucks/Sixers stick together (Middleton), and Celtics keeping Kyrie (seems unlikely). That keeps talent in the east, and more importantly reduces the number of high priced free agents on the market without reducing cap space that LAL, LAC, NYK, etc. can create.

That will create a trade market for him without having to take back significant bad salaries.

I for one like how he played last year and adapted to a new role given the team had one essentially rookie PG (who was hurt for a stretch). But with Murray back and more minutes going to Walker, the redundant skill set with White makes him expendable especially if you can create roster flexibility.

If trading DDR, getting off Mills and to a lesser extent Beli should be a priority. But Mills doesn’t have to be before the offseason. As long as you clear Mills from the books heading into summer 2020, there will be cap space. But that’s a lot of ifs.

That said, the Spurs weren’t missing the playoffs without Demar. You can’t look at it as Demar or nothing. Without Demar, they would have gotten something else back in the trade. They had a nine game cushion in the standings. Maybe miss if no Demar and healthy Lebron...

HarlemHeat37
06-04-2019, 12:04 PM
Sucks for him, must be having a really tough time dealing with this, tbh..watching your old team reach the Finals for the first time with the man who replaced you..

Like it or not, he's a Spur now, the fans should support a man with a history of mental health issues in a time of need..

resistanze
06-04-2019, 12:32 PM
Only thing relevant about that link is Taylor Rooks. Fuck are you all looking at?..

Russ
06-04-2019, 12:36 PM
I like the fact this guy cares enough to have loyalty.

That's a welcome change.

Millennial_Messiah
06-04-2019, 12:36 PM
Why doesn't he go there to play for the MLE next season after we buy him out?

weebo
06-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Don't understand all the DD hate around here...he's not a top 5 player but we weren't getting one back dealing KL...he seems like a good guy and he talks :lol...let's just hope he learns how to shoot from 3...

vy65
06-04-2019, 12:40 PM
Jesus Christ that penguin thing ... it's like they're caricatures of themselves now

TDomination
06-04-2019, 12:51 PM
Geez, why can’t this guy be a robot? Instead, he’s got these freaking normal human emotions and expressions and crap! Just shut up and play basketball you stupid slave!
I lol’ed

Dex
06-04-2019, 01:00 PM
He's not mad, he's just disappointed.

Arcadian
06-04-2019, 01:05 PM

Well...there WAS that time when he fumbled the ball into Kawhi's hands, leading to a last second dunk and a loss to the guy we just traded for him. So, that was kinda embarrassing. :lol

slick'81
06-04-2019, 01:11 PM
Poor cuck derozan

phxspurfan
06-04-2019, 01:18 PM
So one minute he's hard ghetto guy and next minute he's sensitive sacrificial lamb?

TD would be like

https://media.giphy.com/media/bzqBP3vtNKFl6/giphy.gif

Crazymaddopeyo
06-04-2019, 01:24 PM
I don't get it. What is wrong with what he said? Y'all love drama. I'm not even a DeRozan fan but you guys are drama queens.

Dre_7
06-04-2019, 01:29 PM
Sounds like he was as loyal to the Raptors as TD was to the Spurs. Why hate on that????

tenbeersbold
06-04-2019, 01:33 PM
Damn please package Derozan and Aldridge somewhere...
Most un Spursian team leaders..
Fucking shoe divas.....please

acoelho1
06-04-2019, 01:44 PM
Did you actually watch the video? I didn't hear anything wrong with what he said. He helped build something in Toronto. That's a fact. At the end of the day there is only 1 champion per year and if the Raptors lose, they are like the other 29 teams that fell short.

Genovaswitness
06-04-2019, 01:45 PM

cant wait for it to happen

Genovaswitness
06-04-2019, 01:47 PM

b-but he says he’s depressed...super max him already!!

slick'81
06-04-2019, 01:49 PM
Sounds like he was as loyal to the Raptors as TD was to the Spurs. Why hate on that????

Because hes our problem now

TDomination
06-04-2019, 02:44 PM
Good Interview. I like the mandatory dinner thing that he said about Pop. He calls it breaking bread. Mentions how they are family.

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-04-2019, 03:51 PM
Taylor Rooks looking sexy as usual.

Not a bad interview

DPG21920
06-04-2019, 04:20 PM
I know it’s been said, but man, people on this site are dumb :lol

How can you hate DD? He’s well spoken, candid and a good teammate/man. Sure, hate his game, but hating on this stuff is absurd.

venitian navigator
06-04-2019, 04:21 PM

How can you hate DD? He’s well spoken, candid and a good teammate/man. Sure, hate his game, but hating on this stuff is absurd.

agree

Realdeal1
06-04-2019, 04:32 PM
I don't get the derozan hate... he's obviously not kawhi but he seems like a good guy.. some fans just like to take a shit and piss on everything .... ... I realize/recognize derozan's flaws on the court but I'll continue to root for him and wish him success as a Spur

kobyz
06-04-2019, 04:33 PM
Pop and DeMar are match made in heaven, great regular season performances, doesn't build for the playoffs...

SpursforSix
06-04-2019, 04:33 PM
I don't get the derozan hate... he's obviously not kawhi but he seems like a good guy.. some fans just like to take a shit and piss on everything .... ... I realize/recognize derozan's flaws on the court but I'll will continue to root for him and wish him success as a Spur

If I've got a pair of Beats and someone steals them and replaces them with Bose, even though they're OK, I'm still going to hate the Bose.

RD2191
06-04-2019, 04:52 PM

Calm down, Pop Jr.

vy65
06-04-2019, 05:08 PM

No one hates him for having dinner with pop. He's hated for being a bitch-made emo piece of shit. It's also funny that fans are told to get over the Kawhi trade when DDR clearly hasn't.

slick'81
06-04-2019, 05:16 PM
No one hates him for having dinner with pop. He's hated for being a bitch-made emo piece of shit. It's also funny that fans are told to get over the Kawhi trade when DDR clearly hasn't.

No shit! Truth nuke

RC_Drunkford
06-04-2019, 05:34 PM
DePression should get in the gym and work on proving everybody wrong. That's what people with a chip on their shoulder do. Knowing him he'll be in the Jack in the Box parking lot crying

slick'81
06-04-2019, 05:37 PM
DePression should get in the gym and work on proving everybody wrong. That's what people with a chip on their shoulder do. Knowing him he'll be in the Jack in the Box parking lot crying

He came out last season on fire then burned out per usual

KimmyGib
06-04-2019, 05:54 PM
Demar is kinda like Spurfan's new girlfriend that treats him well, but he resents her for being less sexy than the previous bitch who fucked him over.

cool cat
06-04-2019, 06:05 PM
Get the alter ready because if he can get us a high draft pick it's time to sacrifice him again.

tbdog
06-04-2019, 06:07 PM
DD seems like a good person. Good player too. Hopefully the spurs build a proper roster this time.

exstatic
06-04-2019, 06:20 PM
He came out last season on fire then burned out per usual

He was playing too many minutes to cover for the injuries to White and Dejounte.

slick'81
06-04-2019, 06:21 PM
Demar is kinda like Spurfan's new girlfriend that treats him well, but he resents her for being less sexy than the previous bitch who fucked him over.

Exactly kawhi gave mad head and this bitch only puts the tip in

Philthemage
06-04-2019, 06:24 PM
Without DeMar we wouldn't have even made the playoffs.

slick'81
06-04-2019, 06:24 PM

The year before says otherwise

RC_Drunkford
06-04-2019, 06:26 PM

we made them without him the year before and would most likely have the same records, being that you can get 2 high level rotation players for his salary

NASpurs
06-04-2019, 06:27 PM
Exactly kawhi gave mad head and this bitch only puts the tip in

Uh... whatever works for you bro.

slick'81
06-04-2019, 06:28 PM
Uh... whatever works for you bro.
Analogys bro:lmao

Collins21
06-04-2019, 06:47 PM
Everyone who blames DeRozan for this teams failures this year is a complete idiot who probably never played basketball in their lives. The reason the Spurs lost to Denver was because our scrubs couldn't guard their scrubs. DeRozan had a bad gm 7 I'll admit that but y'all are lying and exaggerated how bad he was in the playoffs. Same thing with LaMarcus ya'll hate him but he dragged a horrible team to the playoffs by himself only for y'all to say ''well he didn't beat the Warriors" Bottom line the same dudes who criticize LA and DeMar for their playoff failures are the first ones to make excuses for why Kawhi was shutdown by scrubs like Matt Barnes and Andre Roberson in back to back years.

timvp
06-04-2019, 07:11 PM
Good interview. DeRozan is obviously a good dude and easy to root for :tu

slick'81
06-04-2019, 07:21 PM
Whoever said derozan wasnt likeable?

NameLess Scrub
06-04-2019, 07:24 PM
He's kinda right... fwiw. I probably wouldn't have said it publicly though.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-04-2019, 07:30 PM

So true! :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-04-2019, 07:34 PM
Good interview. DeRozan is obviously a good dude and easy to root for :tu

This!

Fans who bust on him are just guided by hate. Hate on PATFO...hate on DDR.

So many “Spurs” fans don’t deserve the Spurs.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-04-2019, 07:35 PM
we made them without him the year before and would most likely have the same records, being that you can get 2 high level rotation players for his salary

Name the two we could get. Or is the “you” merely hypothetical.

DPG21920
06-04-2019, 07:43 PM
This!

Fans who bust on him are just guided by hate. Hate on PATFO...hate on DDR.

So many “Spurs” fans don’t deserve the Spurs.

I can get hating his game, but not the bashing of him personally

DPG21920
06-04-2019, 07:44 PM

You can get two more Mills for that money!

Kurgan
06-04-2019, 08:15 PM

He's a fraud who only received all-star/all-nba accolades because he played in a dogshit conference. His first year in the West and he didn't garner any consideration for any award. I'm not a fan of Softrididge all that much but at least he's a consistent all-star in the toughest conference in the NBA.

Derozan's game is ugly too and a bad fit for the modern NBA. A Kmart version of Kobe complete with the poor shot selection, non-existent defense, and whining about fouls. This has been, by far, the most unwatchable Spurs team since 1997 and Derozan played a large part in that. Far too many idiot Spur fans(mostly on reddit) needlessly compliment this cancer because of his sob story while ignoring the fact that he's being paid $27 million. He's not worth half that salary considering how unplayable he is on most rosters. His inability to space the floor and play any semblance of defense makes him an extremely poor fit on a Spur team that's already hurting in both of those areas. His crappy mid-range based offense failed him completely in the playoffs when the team needed him most(1 for 10 shooting in the first half of game 7). He had the worst On-Off of all Spur players in the post-season, so it's not like he just had one poor game either. He was consistently bad in the playoffs despite retard Spur reddittors citing his nice box score numbers(box scores don't account for impact). You can keep going on and on about how he's a nice guy but, at the end of the day, this is still a business and DeFrozen isn't pulling his weight. He's a Lou Williams tier player being paid superstar money. I'd hate him a lot less if he was playing off the bench with a salary of $14 million, which is closer to his real value on the court.

sacrificial lamb:lol

nigga you got traded cause you suck in the playoffs

Yup, a very Kobe-like response from this retard. He's modeled his game and attitude from the rapist. Did he accept responsibility when he tanked the Spurs out of the playoffs with that terrible game 7 performance? Or the multiple times he shot the Raptors out of the playoffs? He can't even use the Lebron excuse anymore since he went up against a group of playoff virgins and out-choked all those youngsters despite being a ten year vet. Some self-reflection would do this idiot some good instead of making excuses all the time. Otherwise, he's gonna end up like Carmelo wondering why nobody wants him on their team a few years down the line.

NASpurs
06-04-2019, 08:41 PM
He's a fraud who only received all-star/all-nba accolades because he played in a dogshit conference. His first year in the West and he didn't garner any consideration for any award. I'm not a fan of Softrididge all that much but at least he's a consistent all-star in the toughest conference in the NBA.

Derozan's game is ugly too and a bad fit for the modern NBA. A Kmart version of Kobe complete with the poor shot selection, non-existent defense, and whining about fouls. This has been, by far, the most unwatchable Spurs team since 1997 and Derozan played a large part in that. Far too many idiot Spur fans(mostly on reddit) needlessly compliment this cancer because of his sob story while ignoring the fact that he's being paid $27 million. He's not worth half that salary considering how unplayable he is on most rosters. His inability to space the floor and play any semblance of defense makes him an extremely poor fit on a Spur team that's already hurting in both of those areas. His crappy mid-range based offense failed him completely in the playoffs when the team needed him most(1 for 10 shooting in the first half of game 7). He had the worst On-Off of all Spur players in the post-season, so it's not like he just had one poor game either. He was consistently bad in the playoffs despite retard Spur reddittors citing his nice box score numbers(box scores don't account for impact). You can keep going on and on about how he's a nice guy but, at the end of the day, this is still a business and DeFrozen isn't pulling his weight. He's a Lou Williams tier player being paid superstar money. I'd hate him a lot less if he was playing off the bench with a salary of $14 million, which is closer to his real value on the court.

Yup, a very Kobe-like response from this retard. He's modeled his game and attitude from the rapist. Did he accept responsibility when he tanked the Spurs out of the playoffs with that terrible game 7 performance? Or the multiple times he shot the Raptors out of the playoffs? He can't even use the Lebron excuse anymore since he went up against a group of playoff virgins and out-choked all those youngsters despite being a ten year vet. Some self-reflection would do this idiot some good instead of making excuses all the time. Otherwise, he's gonna end up like Carmelo wondering why nobody wants him on their team a few years down the line.

Jesus Christ man, leave some for the rest of us.

r0drig0lac
06-04-2019, 09:00 PM

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smishocked.gif

Collins21
06-04-2019, 09:01 PM

All I hear is a bunch of bullshit. Since we're blaming DeRozan for the playoff loss this year let's play. TheSpurs outside of game 7 lost that series because of the rotations from Popovich. Mills and Belinieli not being able to stay in front of their man played a huge role in the team coughing up two 19 point leads in game 2. The spurs have been losing first round series pretty often during the course of their run. Is Manu a bum because he lost to an 8th seeded Grizzlies team in 2011 or how about the the Big three getting gentleman swept in 09 by a mediocre Mavericks team. If we're going to bash Derozan for his playoff failures but the same group of people will praise Kawhi for winning in the same East that y'all criticize Derozan for being an all star/all NBA player in. The fact of the matter is most of you have never played basketball and rely on shtick to make dumbass comments.

GAustex
06-04-2019, 09:24 PM
Kurgan is right.
DDR is the highest paid player who handles the ball.
He continuously makes bad decisions.
It’s like he is oblivious on purpose.
And he is such a good player at getting to the rim or a spot but cannot take advantage.
And if he does not have the ball in his hands he stands around.
Plus he is a below average defender.
Too much money for what he offers.
He is not a winner.
Maybe SA just can’t do better with this nephew saga and small market.
But I will root for him and Patty when they lace em up.
Go Spurs

Proxy
06-04-2019, 10:01 PM
some of yall need to start seeing a therapist, imagine typing that post

Genovaswitness
06-04-2019, 10:11 PM

truth nuke

RD2191
06-04-2019, 10:12 PM

Bold this man.

Play Boban
06-04-2019, 10:18 PM
:lmao

gambit1990
06-04-2019, 10:20 PM
watch the raps present demar with a participation ring when he plays in TOR next year :lol

Slippy
06-04-2019, 11:39 PM
Jesus Christ man, leave some for the rest of us.

Took the words right out of my mouth tbh.
:wow

06-04-2019, 11:44 PM
Good interview

Dennis the Menace
06-05-2019, 12:00 AM

Preach.

Front office needs to trade him while he still has value.

With the development of Murray and White (hell, potentially even Walker) that $27 million/yr is going to be a black hole. If this front office cares more about winning then they’ll remedy this before wasting a season next year.

They can still salvage the Kawhi trade by trading Derozan for picks.

Dennis the Menace
06-05-2019, 12:00 AM

Preach.

Front office needs to trade him while he still has value.

With the development of Murray and White (hell, potentially even Walker) that $27 million/yr is going to be a black hole. If this front office cares more about winning then they’ll remedy this before wasting a season next year.

They can still salvage the Kawhi trade by trading Derozan for picks.

Xx_SpursNation_xX
06-05-2019, 01:20 AM

Oh ok he's well spoken, that makes up for his shitty game.

NZSpurs
06-05-2019, 02:42 AM

A combination of reasons. Immaturity, lack of sophistication, laziness, placing too much emphasis on others to provide fulfilment and happiness, taking things to serious and a misguided belief that they are funny. Research suggests a high levels of psychopathy and cognitive empathy and a lack of affective empathy.

To a large degree it’s also frustration at having a low basketball IQ. It’s incredibly simplistic to blame a result on an individual player or coach like a lot of this forum does. When was the last time you heard a great basketball mind talk like these people do? Never.

spurs10
06-05-2019, 03:55 AM
DeRozan isn't responsible for us scoring 4 points in the first 9 minutes of game 7. We likely would have advanced if we had just played poorly.

GreekSpursfan
06-05-2019, 04:44 AM
DeRozan isn't responsible for us scoring 4 points in the first 9 minutes of game 7. We likely would have advanced if we had just played poorly.

White is, i agree but its his first season and there is no point putting the blame on him even though he was the main culprit.

J_Paco
06-05-2019, 06:01 AM

Stupidity, entitlement and just being plain cry babies are the main culprits.

He wears his emotions on his sleeve (in public/through the media and in - game) and is a talented (all-star level) but flawed guy. Unfortunately, he is here after the greatest era in Spurs history and when the fanbase (or at least Spurstalk) consists of a lot fairweather fans.

They would have slammed George Gervin, Johnny Moore and David Robison (before Duncan) since they all came up short and were "career losers......."

RC_Drunkford
06-05-2019, 06:14 AM

Marcus Morris and Bojan Bogdanovic would be better than just having DeRozan for example

spurs10
06-05-2019, 06:22 AM

J_Paco
06-05-2019, 06:27 AM
A combination of reasons. Immaturity, lack of sophistication, laziness, placing too much emphasis on others to provide fulfilment and happiness, taking things to serious and a misguided belief that they are funny. Research suggests a high levels of psychopathy and cognitive empathy and a lack of affective empathy.

To a large degree it’s also frustration at having a low basketball IQ. It’s incredibly simplistic to blame a result on an individual player or coach like a lot of this forum does. When was the last time you heard a great basketball mind talk like these people do? Never.

These imbeciles think they are great basketball minds regurgitating advanced metrics and nasuem, parroting each other's (bad) takes and constantly bad mouthing/insulting an elite (in their field) coach and players.

DeRozan is extremely flawed (for a "star") player and miscast on this roster, but that doesn't mean he's incapable of excelling on a better constructed (to suit his strengths/hide his weaknesses) roster.

Also, from a historical perspective SG has always been a difficult position to build a championship around. Jordan, Bryant & Wade are the only elite/all-star SG's that have led a team to a championship....

Most teams with high - caliber SG's (Joe Dumars, Klay Thompson, Manu Ginobili, etc.) had a equal backcourt mate or a dominate HOF level big man.

ceperez
06-05-2019, 06:40 AM
Mr. DeRozan has above average athletic talent. He doesn't have the unusual wingspan though. This puts a ceiling on his defensive ability.

His real problem is all in his head.

It's similar to Aldridge. If Aldridge just went to business and looked for contact, he would be a serviceable big man. Yet he want to play finesse basketball despite his lack of mobility.

RC_Drunkford
06-05-2019, 06:43 AM

he was 1/10 in the first half fam. He was definitely responsible for it

J_Paco
06-05-2019, 06:49 AM
he was 1/10 in the first half fam. He was definitely responsible for it

There were 4 other guys on the court with him being passive, missing shots and looking scared in the moment.

Putting ALL the blame on him is stupid but par for the course on Spurstalk.

(And ignoring the fact that his solid second half was one of the main reasons they climbed back in the game.)

RC_Drunkford
06-05-2019, 07:09 AM
There were 4 other guys on the court with him being passive, missing shots and looking scared in the moment.

Putting ALL the blame on him is stupid but par for the course on Spurstalk.

(And ignoring the fact that his solid second half was one of the main reasons they climbed back in the game.)

He also got blocked on a lay up by Torrey Craig in crunch time. He is the go-to guy so the responsibility of scoring when nobody can buy a bucket falls mainly on his shoulders (and Aldridge). And we did have quite a few regular season games where he shot us out of the game

Harry Callahan
06-05-2019, 08:36 AM
Just because DDR got caught up in this mess does not make him a bad person. Is he as good a player as turd head? No.

I think he was actually lied to by his organization. He actually appreciates the team building efforts of the head coach.

When Tim Duncan says he hardly knows a guy he worked with for six years (#2), how can that not be a bizarre, messed up situation?

I'm dating myself, but #2 seems to be a little like Duane Thomas, an extremely talented running back from a long long time ago.

He did not speak to the media (or teamates) for an entire season. A true weirdo.

UncleDennis
06-05-2019, 08:43 AM
He also got blocked on a lay up by Torrey Craig in crunch time. He is the go-to guy so the responsibility of scoring when nobody can buy a bucket falls mainly on his shoulders (and Aldridge). And we did have quite a few regular season games where he shot us out of the game

Yeah his lows are just too low for a top guy on any team. Dwayne Casey was like his second best friend after Lowry and Casey has this guy on the bench in the playoffs, his number one guy sitting out...That's beyond rough, going 0/10 or whatever it was in a game 7 isn't surprising for him. It's a shame because he has the athleticism and talent to seek out better or more efficient scoring opportunity's but time after time he is lining up the most difficult shots a player can take that aren't even worth the extra point a long three or w/e might get you.

Does anyone really believe Derozan will ever be able to even touch high 30s from beyond the arch? I'm willing to give the Aldridge - Derozan line up a little more time with a healthy DJ to shore up the defense but the roster problems and lack of outside shooting/spacing is still going to be there, maybe even worse. Eventually the team will have to decide on which of the "big 2" they are going to move.

Where is Derozan's ideal spot?? Would it be a 3rd option on a team that just loves to shoot 3s over everything else, maybe the Rockets or something so they can have at least one guy who can shoot a long two after they spend 20 offensive possessions straight clanging three pointers.

SAGirl
06-05-2019, 09:11 AM
That was a nice interview, with some difficult to answer questions sprinkled in. He’s definitely a relatable/likeable figure and it takes strength to admit vulnerability and depression.

What happens on the court is a different matter

SAGirl
06-05-2019, 09:33 AM
Lol this was funny. :rollin

BatManu20
06-05-2019, 10:44 AM
Another cryptic message from Demar’s IG story.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2r47eyv.jpg

RD2191
06-05-2019, 10:46 AM

Oh for fucks sake.

r0drig0lac
06-05-2019, 10:51 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/ADr35Z4TvATIc/giphy.gif

look_at_g_shred
06-05-2019, 10:54 AM
:lmao

look_at_g_shred
06-05-2019, 10:55 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/05/Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

BatManu20
06-05-2019, 11:00 AM
Oh for fucks sake.

:lol

bklynspursfan
06-05-2019, 11:01 AM

Some people read way too much into this stuff lol. This is a Nipsey lyric, which DeMar often posts.

BatManu20
06-05-2019, 11:02 AM
Some people read way too much into this stuff lol. This is a Nipsey lyric, which DeMar often posts.

That’s fine, I really don’t care tbh, but he’s clearly applying it to something, most likely the interview he just did a couple days ago and/or the reaction to it.

bklynspursfan
06-05-2019, 11:12 AM
That’s fine, I really don’t care tbh, but he’s clearly applying it to something, most likely the interview he just did a couple days ago and/or the reaction to it.

Yea I was just saying. People in general see certain posts of his and don't realize where they're coming from and overreact or make big deals out of it lol

Genovaswitness
06-05-2019, 12:28 PM

bitch made as fuck lmao

RC_Drunkford
06-05-2019, 06:35 PM
Yeah his lows are just too low for a top guy on any team. Dwayne Casey was like his second best friend after Lowry and Casey has this guy on the bench in the playoffs, his number one guy sitting out...That's beyond rough, going 0/10 or whatever it was in a game 7 isn't surprising for him. It's a shame because he has the athleticism and talent to seek out better or more efficient scoring opportunity's but time after time he is lining up the most difficult shots a player can take that aren't even worth the extra point a long three or w/e might get you.

Does anyone really believe Derozan will ever be able to even touch high 30s from beyond the arch? I'm willing to give the Aldridge - Derozan line up a little more time with a healthy DJ to shore up the defense but the roster problems and lack of outside shooting/spacing is still going to be there, maybe even worse. Eventually the team will have to decide on which of the "big 2" they are going to move.

Where is Derozan's ideal spot?? Would it be a 3rd option on a team that just loves to shoot 3s over everything else, maybe the Rockets or something so they can have at least one guy who can shoot a long two after they spend 20 offensive possessions straight clanging three pointers.

His second best friend benched him in the playoffs cause he realized the team was better without him, yet Spurs fans want to tell themselves that his 20/6/6 stat line is worth 29 million dollars per year. DeRozan is in the same tier as Lou Williams, which is 6th man. DeRozan as a 3rd option in the Manu role is his ideal role for a contender. He's not even good enough to be a 2nd option. I'm not even sure if Lou Williams ain't better than him because Lou can shoot 3s.

If he could be effective off the ball and shoot the 3 at like 35% he'd actually be a great player, but he can't. Not only does he have to have the ball in his hands, he also takes the most inefficient shots. A Bradley Beal for example has the same playmaking skills of a DeRozan, but is a better defender, a 3-point shooter and great with and without the ball. DeRozan's game is pretty one-dimensional

ace3g
06-05-2019, 06:42 PM
Still don't think he can improve at this point in his career, but prove me wrong Spurs shooting coach.

https://www.rotoworld.com/sites/default/files/teams/secondary/2018-11/San%20Antonio%20-%20178x142.png (https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/teams/sa/san-antonio-spurs) DeMar DeRozan (https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/player/29479/demar-derozan) SF, San Antonio Spurs (https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/teams/sa/san-antonio-spurs)
https://www.rotoworld.com/sites/default/files/players/59/1610.jpg (https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/player/29479/demar-derozan)
DeMar DeRozan only attempted 45 3-pointers in his first season with the Spurs, but the plan is for him to shoot more in his second season.
According to The Athletic's Jabari Young, coach Gregg Popovich wanted DeRozan to take up more of a facilitating role this season, mainly due to the loss of Dejounte Murray and the inconsistent play of Derrick White. Neither Murray nor White are good shooters, which means spacing will be non-existent if DeRozan continues to pass up attempts from deep. Popovich hates that the league has become so centered on 3-point shooting, but he knows that his team must adapt to avoid being left behind. DeRozan, like LaMarcus Aldridge, will work on his shooting this summer and could see his fantasy value on the way up if the triples come back.

Related:

LaMarcus Aldridge (https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/player/29181/lamarcus-aldridge)

Source: The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/961462/2019/05/05/spurs-roster-review-what-to-make-of-the-starters-bryn-forbes-to-the-bench-time-for-nikola-milutinov-to-join/)
May 5, 2019, 9:57 AM ET

DeadlyDynasty
06-05-2019, 06:49 PM
Do you really think he posted this lyric NOW just for the hell of it...or maybe, just maybe, he's mentally weak?

gambit1990
06-05-2019, 06:55 PM
Oh for fucks sake.
really :lol

elec7ro
06-06-2019, 02:37 AM
the people on this website fucking disgust me, I try to go on this shit to try and read and catch up on spurs news and opinions and its all negativity. I'm embarrassed to be a fan of this team with these kind of people supporting it. but of Entitled, spoiled internet pussies.

bagtec
06-06-2019, 02:54 AM
Congrats on the trade

vy65
06-06-2019, 08:00 AM
Curious to hear what all the supporters of mental health care have done to support awareness outside of posting on a sports message board?

Dverde
06-06-2019, 11:01 AM
Still don't think he can improve at this point in his career, but prove me wrong Spurs shooting coach.

https://www.rotoworld.com/sites/default/files/teams/secondary/2018-11/San%20Antonio%20-%20178x142.png (https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/teams/sa/san-antonio-spurs) DeMar DeRozan (https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/player/29479/demar-derozan) SF, San Antonio Spurs (https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/teams/sa/san-antonio-spurs)
https://www.rotoworld.com/sites/default/files/players/59/1610.jpg (https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/player/29479/demar-derozan)
DeMar DeRozan only attempted 45 3-pointers in his first season with the Spurs, but the plan is for him to shoot more in his second season.

According to The Athletic's Jabari Young, coach Gregg Popovich wanted DeRozan to take up more of a facilitating role this season, mainly due to the loss of Dejounte Murray and the inconsistent play of Derrick White. Neither Murray nor White are good shooters, which means spacing will be non-existent if DeRozan continues to pass up attempts from deep. Popovich hates that the league has become so centered on 3-point shooting, but he knows that his team must adapt to avoid being left behind. DeRozan, like LaMarcus Aldridge, will work on his shooting this summer and could see his fantasy value on the way up if the triples come back.

Related:

LaMarcus Aldridge (https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/player/29181/lamarcus-aldridge)

Source: The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/961462/2019/05/05/spurs-roster-review-what-to-make-of-the-starters-bryn-forbes-to-the-bench-time-for-nikola-milutinov-to-join/)
May 5, 2019, 9:57 AM ET

I’d rather him put on weight and work on posting up. I think he has great potential converting from SG to SF in today’s game. He is listed at 6’7. Not sure if he would be willing to accept this change.

GusT15
06-06-2019, 11:15 AM
Curious to hear what all the supporters of mental health care have done to support awareness outside of posting on a sports message board?

I always tell everyone i know that brushing is not enough and you have to floss as well.Does it count?

BlackAndWhite
06-06-2019, 11:16 AM
His post game is good enough. Improving it more won't help much especially since we have multiple post players on the team. It's better to unlock the 3 for him

slick'81
06-06-2019, 03:44 PM
Dude is only 30 maybe he can hit more consistantly from deep

exstatic
06-06-2019, 04:48 PM
the people on this website fucking disgust me, I try to go on this shit to try and read and catch up on spurs news and opinions and its all negativity. I'm embarrassed to be a fan of this team with these kind of people supporting it. but of Entitled, spoiled internet pussies.

There are a lot of Lakertrash masquerading as Spurs fans. The ignore function is your friend.

RC_Drunkford
06-06-2019, 07:01 PM
I’d rather him put on weight and work on posting up. I think he has great potential converting from SG to SF in today’s game. He is listed at 6’7. Not sure if he would be willing to accept this change.

Have you watched any games last season? All he does is post up, pump fake 3 times, then take a contested jump shot. DeRozan needs to understand how to be effective off the ball, especially from 3. That would make him a great player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CajMmbb_vIc

Should RC trade DeMar and fillers for LeBron?

GreekSpursfan
06-06-2019, 07:26 PM
Derozan is 30, he would've improved his 3pt shot by now or should i say his willingness to shoot 3pts. Safe to say this will never happen.

TimDunkem
06-06-2019, 07:45 PM
Derozan is 30, he would've improved his 3pt shot by now or should i say his willingness to shoot 3pts. Safe to say this will never happen.

Same with LMA.

GreekSpursfan
06-07-2019, 06:54 AM
Same with LMA.

Agreed but Derozan shooting them is even more important since he's basically a perimeter player.

John B
06-07-2019, 09:17 AM
What would the big 3 say? Probably, “it’s a business, you just continue to play hard with your new team and hopefully a chance to do something special.” Dude move on.

John B
06-07-2019, 09:20 AM
Still needs outside shooting

Genovaswitness
06-07-2019, 09:42 AM
depression has no incentive to change any part of his game since PATFO is extending him anyway. get used to seeing kawhi in the finals while depression loses in the first round every year. The San Antonio Jazz

cd98
06-07-2019, 09:50 AM
DDR has plenty of incentive to get better. He’s watching his former team in the Finals and they are crediting his trade as the reason for being there. To make it to the NBA, you have to have a chip. Guys don’t coast into the NBA. It takes work.

Plenty of players have extended ended their careers by becoming good three point shooters when they are plus 30. He wants two more big money contracts? He needs to add three point shooting to his game. If Bruce Bowen could do it, so can DDR.

Take off the pessimist glasses. He’s improved every year in the league. Last year he showed playmaking, which was a new skill. He’s not Leonard and won’t be, but he doesn’t have to be if he can add to his game. Spurs can be a great team with him on it. He can improve his three point shooting.

Dre_7
06-07-2019, 09:57 AM

He was willing to shoot more. During his last season with the Raptors Coach Casey wanted him to shoot more 3s. He listened to Casey. During his first season with the Spurs Pop didn't want him to shoot that many 3s. He listened to Pop. Pop wants him to shoot it more next season. I bet he will listen to Pop.

monty4329
06-07-2019, 10:32 AM
Same with LMA.

LA was a good 3s shooter already in POR, he was shooting a lot of corner 3s (a lot at that time), he doesn't need to improve. He will shoot if the offense puts him position.

DDR instead is hopeless.

weebo
06-07-2019, 10:41 AM
depression has no incentive to change any part of his game since PATFO is extending him anyway. get used to seeing kawhi in the finals while depression loses in the first round every year. The San Antonio Jazz

says the guy who likes dick in ass :lol

Genovaswitness
06-07-2019, 10:55 AM
says the guy who likes dick in ass :lol

you’re confusing me for someone else or making the same joke about the drake pic the other tard makes. epic!

Dverde
06-07-2019, 11:51 AM
Wasn’t Dwane Casey a sacrificial lamb for the Raptors choking in the playoffs? I do not like how it’s all about him, not the team’s shortcomings that brought the trade. I know Pop likes wine, but dude needs to give up and quit talking about the trade.

GreekSpursfan
06-07-2019, 12:25 PM
He was willing to shoot more. During his last season with the Raptors Coach Casey wanted him to shoot more 3s. He listened to Casey. During his first season with the Spurs Pop didn't want him to shoot that many 3s. He listened to Pop. Pop wants him to shoot it more next season. I bet he will listen to Pop.

Yes but he's not even an average 3pt shooter and at his age i don't see how that's fixable.

Spurs da champs
06-07-2019, 01:40 PM
I've never hated a player so much before they even got to the team. This guy is such a mental midget who's toxicity isn't needed with guys like White, Walker, & Murray. Please GTFO one way or another.

Dre_7
06-07-2019, 02:25 PM
Yes but he's not even an average 3pt shooter and at his age i don't see how that's fixable.

In his last in Toronto he doubled the amount of 3s he shot to 3.6 attempts per game, and shot 31%. If he can find a way to shoot that many 3s in San Antonio and to shoot it around 35-38% he will be just fine.

gambit1990
06-07-2019, 03:20 PM
I've never hated a player so much before they even got to the team. This guy is such a mental midget who's toxicity isn't needed with guys like White, Walker, & Murray. Please GTFO one way or another.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-07-2019, 03:42 PM
I think the 3 for both DDR and LMA would open up a lot of options for this team. Opening up the lane on offense would be great for a speedster like Murray and would allow the 3 of them to co-exist on the first unit, perhaps with White and Gay as the other two starters. A better shooting DDR combined with those other four would be a pretty darn good starting 5.

DeadlyDynasty
06-07-2019, 03:53 PM
This thread is painful to read tbh...some spurfans are outwardly trying to defend DeRozan/the trade, but you can tell deep down their heart's just not in it:lol

weebo
06-07-2019, 04:47 PM
This thread is painful to read tbh...some spurfans are outwardly trying to defend DeRozan/the trade, but you can tell deep down their heart's just not in it:lol

No one in their right mind would have made DD/KL trade, but given the circumstances A TRADE had to be made...the Spurs want to stay competitive and this is the best they could do. Blame DD for all his shortcomings if you want but you can't blame the FO for trying to salvage something in a trade that would be lopsided no matter who you traded for.

TimDunkem
06-07-2019, 04:59 PM
LA was a good 3s shooter already in POR, he was shooting a lot of corner 3s (a lot at that time), he doesn't need to improve. He will shoot if the offense puts him position.

DDR instead is hopeless.

He was open many times this season. He passed many of them up. He clearly doesn't want to take them.

duncan2k5
06-07-2019, 06:04 PM
Ppl thinking DDR will get better as he gets into his 30s is priceless... Trade the guy now

Genovaswitness
06-07-2019, 06:06 PM
Ppl thinking DDR will get better as he gets into his 30s is priceless... Trade the guy now

they are beyond delusional :lmao he’s gonna continue to brick 2s for the rest of
his career

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 01:31 PM
The fact that he's rooting for the Raptors when majority of their fans are shitting on him like now that they have a new toy in nephew, says all you need to know about this loser.

Any guy with any self-respect would have wanted to do be dedicated to the Spurs cause only. Not fucking rooting for your past love that doesn't want or need you anymore.

Loser attitude from a mental midget.

daslicer
06-08-2019, 01:38 PM
The fact that he's rooting for the Raptors when majority of their fans are shitting on him like now that they have a new toy in nephew, says all you need to know about this loser.

Any guy with any self-respect would have wanted to do be dedicated to the Spurs cause only. Not fucking rooting for your past love that doesn't want or need you anymore.

Spurs definitely need to trade him. He has the mentality of an adolescent and is not strong mentally.

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 02:21 PM
Spurs definitely need to trade him. He has the mentality of an adolescent and is not strong mentally.

The fact he's openly saying that he's rooting for the raptors is just a head scratcher. If I'm a Spurs player from the Kawhi era who lived through the drama (Mills, Aldridge, Murray etc), I'd fucking punch DeRozan the first day of training camp next season. What kinda precedence is DeRozan creating for his team mates? Hey guys! I know the Spurs pay my salary but I got no respect for you, the organization or the fans as I am rooting for the guy who quit on you, fucked you in the ass and has taken my spot on the raptors.

bic50
06-08-2019, 02:26 PM

DDR isn’t on the spurs by choice. He was clearly devastated when trade happened. He doesn’t want to be a spur.

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 02:36 PM
DDR isn’t on the spurs by choice. He was clearly devastated when trade happened. He doesn’t want to be a spur.

Then he should void his contract voluntarily and go to the raptors for MLE.

If the Spurs are paying his bloated salary, he better leave his all on the floor fighting for the Spurs jersey. If not, he should fuck off.

Genovaswitness
06-08-2019, 02:39 PM
derozan with the cuck mentality :lmao

MaNu4Tres
06-08-2019, 02:48 PM
I dont understand Spurs fans who think every damn likeable player now deserves TD, and Manu treatment and loyalty-- where we delusionally believe contuinity and patience are the ingredients to lean on.

Get DeMar off this team if extending him is not in play.

Asset management says sell now.

DeMar is a great dude, but this is about winning long term. Cash in the equity now before he leaves next summer. Future would be better off.

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 02:57 PM
I dont understand Spurs fans who think every damn likeable player now deserves TD, and Manu treatment and loyalty-- where we delusionally believe contuinity and patience are the ingredients to lean on.

DeMar is a great dude, but this is about winning long term.

What

This! Sell him now.

bic50
06-08-2019, 03:16 PM
Then he should void his contract voluntarily and go to the raptors for MLE.

If the Spurs are paying his bloated salary, he better leave his all on the floor fighting for the Spurs jersey. If not, he should fuck off.
This is also on the spurs front office. Everyone pretty much knew derozen was like this. Why did they even want him?

weeks
06-08-2019, 04:26 PM
This is also on the spurs front office. Everyone pretty much knew derozen was like this. Why did they even want him?

They wanted a name to put asses in seats.
Disappointed with DDR but I don't blame him or hate him. I just hope he can find a way to fit himself into the team and be a good role model for the next generation.

I do hope he gets traded for both parties sake

TimDunkem
06-08-2019, 04:27 PM

DeMar is a great dude, but this is about winning long term. Cash in the equity now before he leaves next summer. Future would be better off.

I mean, these fucks used to slurp PATFO praising them for not being the Suns, Mavs, and Portlands of the world yet here we are settling on mediocrity with a big three of DD, LMA, and Gay. The turd trifecta of playoff losers. This FO fell off a cliff after Duncan.

timtonymanu
06-08-2019, 04:45 PM

Same losers that wanted Gasol around for his locker room presence. These fans are the worst for the front office mentality.

Genovaswitness
06-08-2019, 04:47 PM
I mean, these fucks used to slurp PATFO praising them for not being the Suns, Mavs, and Portlands of the world yet here we are settling on mediocrity with a big three of DD, LMA, and Gay. The turd trifecta of playoff losers. This FO fell off a cliff after Duncan.

shut up and turn on walk of the penguins and drink this Starbucks mate. GAME DAY BALA GAME DAY

TimDunkem
06-08-2019, 05:07 PM
shut up and turn on walk of the penguins and drink this Starbucks mate. GAME DAY BALA GAME DAY

Let's play leap frog and take selfies with our cappuccinos! GAME DAY BALA GAME DAY

NASpurs
06-08-2019, 05:40 PM
Let's play leap frog and take selfies with our cappuccinos! GAME DAY BALA GAME DAY

*makes wombat noises* GAME DAY BALA GAME DAY

Kurgan
06-08-2019, 08:02 PM

Spurs reddit in a nutshell. I absolutely hate that group of faggots. Say anything critical about Depression and prepare to get downvoted.

BackHome
06-08-2019, 11:48 PM
Got no hate for DEROZZ people getting all worked over a player who didn’t want to come over in the first place. He had a pretty good season for first year being on the Spurs which is not as easy as some people think. But people are right best thing for him and us is to trade him were we get something back worth making the trade but that is easier said then done.

sexinthatsx
06-09-2019, 01:53 AM
I'm sorry, but Demar saying he was the sacrificial lamb implies that Raptors would have made it to the Finals up 3-1 if he was still on the team with another player within salary cap range, which is absolutely not the case. The guy needs to stop crying about it and see what he can do for the Spurs.

FkLA
06-09-2019, 08:38 AM
:cry :cry

https://i.imgur.com/LL3XKYp.jpg

BillMc
06-09-2019, 10:05 AM
When he says he was a sacrificial lamb am I the only one thinking of the Game of Zones?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTU8iRdwfGc