PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Spurs assistant Ime Udoka has agreed to become Brett Brown’s lead assistant with the 76ers

ace3g
06-06-2019, 08:53 PM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1136813061669416960

ace3g
06-06-2019, 08:55 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1136813672796499969

Robz4000
06-06-2019, 08:56 PM
Please take Messina too.

Real talk, with Coach Bud having success in MIL Ime was my preferred choice to take over for Pop after Becky. Please don't let it end up being Messina as the next HC.

MoSpur02
06-06-2019, 08:56 PM
Good for him. Wish Messina would've left instead

apalisoc_9
06-06-2019, 09:01 PM
Should have sent messina packing.

Dverde
06-06-2019, 09:03 PM
Ime leaving means Messina is staying :bang

Dejounte
06-06-2019, 09:03 PM
Why move from an assistant role to another assistant role? Was he just unhappy here?

mo7888
06-06-2019, 09:04 PM
Wasn't Messina rumored to be taking a head coaching job back in Europe a few days ago or am I dreaming?

GAustex
06-06-2019, 09:05 PM
That story about Ime going Super Sian in Algeria is great

slick'81
06-06-2019, 09:05 PM
Why move from an assistant role to another assistant role? Was he just unhappy here?

Probably more money

Genovaswitness
06-06-2019, 09:06 PM
why the fuck can’t we keep talent at any level? what is WRONG with the spurs

DPG21920

He was not the lead assistant here; in PHI he is. It’s a promotion.

K...

Better market, better chance to be HC if you work under more than one coach. $$$, better city. Lots of.reason

K...
06-06-2019, 09:09 PM
What's funny though is that Brett Brown is also close to being fired. Kind of risky to go there, high risk, high reward

Uriel
06-06-2019, 09:14 PM

SpurPadre
06-06-2019, 09:20 PM
I wonder if Becky is leaving too...

RD2191
06-06-2019, 09:22 PM
What's funny though is that Brett Brown is also close to being fired. Kind of risky to go there, high risk, high reward

Maybe that's what he's banking on so he can take over as head coach:lol

mo7888
06-06-2019, 09:23 PM
Maybe that's what he's banking on so he can take over as head coach:lol

Exactly

SpurPadre
06-06-2019, 09:24 PM
If Brown is fired, should we take him back as assistant?

Degoat
06-06-2019, 09:31 PM
Hopefully Will hardy can bring some good to the team

tbdog
06-06-2019, 09:33 PM
Ime was actually responsible of getting LMA to sign.

RD2191
06-06-2019, 09:34 PM
Hearing some rumors Ime was a participant in the Kawhi fiasco. And by rumors I mean some guy on Twitter. :lol probably nothing but yeah :lol

Spurtacular
06-06-2019, 09:34 PM
Good career move for Udoka. Teams desperate for competent black head coaches.

timvp
06-06-2019, 09:41 PM

Messina is the lead assistant. Udoka gets to be the lead assistant in Philly, I assume. The Sixers have been a good springboard to head coaching jobs (D'Antoni, Monty Williams, Lloyd Pierce). This is a step up for Udoka, especially because it doesn't look like Messina is going to get a head coaching job in the NBA any time soon.

Truth4sale$
06-06-2019, 09:42 PM
Sorry to see him go but great opportunity to advance his career. Cant stay a bridesmaid forever. Out of the shadow of Popovich.

ElNono
06-06-2019, 09:44 PM
Great career move for Ime, tbh... goes to a young team, and doesn't have to deal with a drunk boss

BackHome
06-06-2019, 10:11 PM
Tony coming back to join coaching staff.

timvp
06-06-2019, 10:16 PM
Tony coming back to join coaching staff.

The other finalist for the job Udoka got was Avery Johnson. I wouldn't mind Pop bringing back AJ to replace Udoka :tu

Supposedly, Hardy is the guy who found Bryn Forbes so I'm not totally opposed to upping his role but that assistant coaching group is now REALLY lacking NBA experience with the departure of Udoka.

NASpurs
06-06-2019, 10:18 PM
The other finalist for the job Udoka got was Avery Johnson. I wouldn't mind Pop bringing back AJ to replace Udoka :tu

Supposedly, Hardy is the guy who found Bryn Forbes so I'm not totally opposed to upping his role but that assistant coaching group is now REALLY lacking NBA experience with the departure of Udoka.

Thanks, now I know who to blame.

DPG21920
06-06-2019, 10:22 PM
No question SA is getting weaker - they are getting poached and losing talent which is bad since a Pop perpetuation plan should be happening soon.

Critical time for the Spurs too with the Kawhi trade and having to make decisions on LMA/DeRozan.

slick'81
06-06-2019, 10:26 PM
Becky hammon still in the fold:huddle:

anon
06-06-2019, 10:48 PM
Wow, could the Spurs be any more of a sinking ship? Decade-long defensive AC accepts a lateral promotion on a contender in the tougher conference? What does that say about the Spurs' prospects? This happens a year after all of Pop's ACs interview for head coaching berths in the east: Messina for Toronto, Udoka and Borrego for Charlotte, and Hammon as an AC for Orlando a year before that. These past two years must've been the worst stretch of talent hemorrhage in franchise history.

superbigtime
06-06-2019, 11:07 PM
not good at all

GAustex
06-06-2019, 11:35 PM
That story about Ime going Super Sian in Algeria is great
As told by https://hoopshype.com/author/muoneke/
THE IME UDOKA STORY

It’s a trip when you get to know people. Ime was so quiet and I figured he was just some guy who could play with a Nigerian father. Well, folks in S.A., don’t be fooled. That dude in an Afr-I-CAN! I mean damn! The only thing non-African about him is his accent. We went to Nigeria, man… When they brought out the food I figured uh oh… He aint eatin’ th… What the?! Ime was tearing that Fu-fu (thank Jay-Z for everyone knowing what that is now) to shreads. I asked him about his adornment of the vittles. He said that’s all he ate growing up. Imagine my surprise when I saw he must have grown up doing the African ju-jitsu too.

When the National Team went to Algeria for the African Championships in Algiers, every team was on edge because the Top 3 squads got the invite to the World Championships. So after we lost to Angola in the semis and had to play Algeria for the third spot, they knew, we knew, everyone knew they had no shot. First quarter… Tactics. African ball, man. Trust me: as corrupt as can be. Despite all the cheating from the three-man (North African) refereeing crew they just couldn’t beat us. So the coach sent in their best player, who was injured but came in with a purpose. I think his name was Ali Bidane or something. We had the ball out of bounce under. He guarded me. As the ref handed us the ball, he turned, looked at me as if there was not a game going on. And pop! Not an elbow, not even a signature yours truly gutter. He decked me right in the jaw. I couldn’t believe it. And come on. I freely admit when I throw cheap shots. I wouldn’t hide it if I started to. I mean, I’m in the middle of basically middle eastern country playing the local team. I know better (read on to see my contradiction). He nailed me, we turned it over, and yes, my Rodman 101 class did well. I looked up court, saw both refs back and calmly asked him in by most polite French, “Pardon me sir, I object to you striking me.” Next thing you know… Both teams on the court going at it. Wow.

Imagine my surprise! (My cheeks hurt). That wasn’t the real brawl. After we won was the real issue. After the game, they were waiting for us to come out of the locker room. And seriously, I didn’t start it. Kingsley Ogwudire was in front of our team in an all-out tirade in his best Arabic. The next thing you know, there were three Algerian players on him. Everyone was engaged in combat save me, if you can believe it. And lo and ehold… Ime! He was taking people out like in Mortal Kombat. Finish him! Incredible. I was so out of it as I had five guys I was fighting (oh yeah, the crowd jumped in as the fight spilled over to the court of the championship game of Senegal and Angola).

In the middle of the whole thing I heard Ime, literally in mid-swing of another opponent say,”Watch back, Gabe” and he calmly, I mean calmly, smeared a guy who, as I turned to see his warning, jumped from the stands with a chair to probably kill me or knock me out to where the crowd would have. I mean, Ime caught the guy in mid air with a fist and calmly continued his dispacthing of oncoming people. He and other guys (yes, me too) were whoopin’ so many people the crowd backed up. True to the letter! But Ime had the most notches by far. As we retreated to the locker room to kind chants of, “You cudly blackies! We highly doubt your ability to leave this gym with lives intact” in French, (it might have been a bad translation) all I could do was marvel at Ime. This guy, I thought, was a quiet American guy was standing there – all his stuff gone (gym bag, wallet, shoes, jersey) – with a stick in his hand we tore off the walls of the locker room in the middle of North Africa quite literally with our lives on the line… laughing. All the while I was texting my wife that I loved her and might have a hard time seeing her again while she was watching the whole incident on BBC News. And Ime… laughing. He is and always will be my 9ja broda. Ime… Wetin happen bros? Abi na notin. Notin dey happen. To this day I don’t know how we got out of there. But that night we ate like kings at the Nigerian Embassy. And Ime was with us… Killing his Fu-fu.

Tell me how I could have seen a thing like that if I had made the NBA out of college! You just can’t make this stuff up.

Shalom.

Southwest Texas Fan
06-06-2019, 11:57 PM
Wow, could the Spurs be any more of a sinking ship? Decade-long defensive AC accepts a lateral promotion on a contender in the tougher conference? What does that say about the Spurs' prospects? This happens a year after all of Pop's ACs interview for head coaching berths in the east: Messina for Toronto, Udoka and Borrego for Charlotte, and Hammon as an AC for Orlando a year before that. These past two years must've been the worst stretch of talent hemorrhage in franchise history.

How is this a lateral? the guys gonna be the lead assistant. It’s probably for more money

ducks
06-06-2019, 11:57 PM
Time becky takes his place now

06-07-2019, 12:08 AM
between messina and becky, his shot at HC was slim. good for him, for furthering his career. can’t wait to see his progression from here.

timvp
06-07-2019, 12:24 AM
One interesting tidbit about Hardy that I've never heard anyone talk about publicly: He might have been Kawhi's best friend in the organization.

Not that it matters anymore . . . :depressed

BatManu20
06-07-2019, 01:05 AM
One interesting tidbit about Hardy that I've never heard anyone talk about publicly: He might have been Kawhi's best friend in the organization.

Not that it matters anymore . . . :depressed

2nd best friend*. Jeremy Castleberry was his first, his former high school & college teammate, and the guy Toronto also hired from us after the Kawhi trade :lol

https://i.redd.it/tfel83qvddh11.jpg

alpha_HaZE
06-07-2019, 01:48 AM
I am happy for him :)

To those of you clowns hating on messina, you know nothing about basketball. I actually know a coach that attended a training camp with him in Las Vegas last summer, and he literally told me that guy is too smart to be a head coach. But, if you look closer, messina has been a head coach for longer than Pop has! Yes, you heard it right, more than Pop! European coaches do not get the credit they deserve in today's NBA.

RC_Drunkford
06-07-2019, 04:12 AM
There goes our most competent assistant coach. Tough loss

Robz4000
06-07-2019, 04:23 AM

:vomit: Hardy

kobyz
06-07-2019, 04:46 AM
Quitter

BillMc
06-07-2019, 05:19 AM
Ime was actually responsible of getting LMA to sign.

Yep. He and LMA are tight by all accounts.

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-07-2019, 05:35 AM
Great for Ime.

I agree with the people wanting Messina to bounce also. Lol. The few times he has had the lead coaching seat he hasn't impressed.

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-07-2019, 05:40 AM
As told by https://hoopshype.com/author/muoneke/
THE IME UDOKA STORY

It’s a trip when you get to know people. Ime was so quiet and I figured he was just some guy who could play with a Nigerian father. Well, folks in S.A., don’t be fooled. That dude in an Afr-I-CAN! I mean damn! The only thing non-African about him is his accent. We went to Nigeria, man… When they brought out the food I figured uh oh… He aint eatin’ th… What the?! Ime was tearing that Fu-fu (thank Jay-Z for everyone knowing what that is now) to shreads. I asked him about his adornment of the vittles. He said that’s all he ate growing up. Imagine my surprise when I saw he must have grown up doing the African ju-jitsu too.

When the National Team went to Algeria for the African Championships in Algiers, every team was on edge because the Top 3 squads got the invite to the World Championships. So after we lost to Angola in the semis and had to play Algeria for the third spot, they knew, we knew, everyone knew they had no shot. First quarter… Tactics. African ball, man. Trust me: as corrupt as can be. Despite all the cheating from the three-man (North African) refereeing crew they just couldn’t beat us. So the coach sent in their best player, who was injured but came in with a purpose. I think his name was Ali Bidane or something. We had the ball out of bounce under. He guarded me. As the ref handed us the ball, he turned, looked at me as if there was not a game going on. And pop! Not an elbow, not even a signature yours truly gutter. He decked me right in the jaw. I couldn’t believe it. And come on. I freely admit when I throw cheap shots. I wouldn’t hide it if I started to. I mean, I’m in the middle of basically middle eastern country playing the local team. I know better (read on to see my contradiction). He nailed me, we turned it over, and yes, my Rodman 101 class did well. I looked up court, saw both refs back and calmly asked him in by most polite French, “Pardon me sir, I object to you striking me.” Next thing you know… Both teams on the court going at it. Wow.

Imagine my surprise! (My cheeks hurt). That wasn’t the real brawl. After we won was the real issue. After the game, they were waiting for us to come out of the locker room. And seriously, I didn’t start it. Kingsley Ogwudire was in front of our team in an all-out tirade in his best Arabic. The next thing you know, there were three Algerian players on him. Everyone was engaged in combat save me, if you can believe it. And lo and ehold… Ime! He was taking people out like in Mortal Kombat. Finish him! Incredible. I was so out of it as I had five guys I was fighting (oh yeah, the crowd jumped in as the fight spilled over to the court of the championship game of Senegal and Angola).

In the middle of the whole thing I heard Ime, literally in mid-swing of another opponent say,”Watch back, Gabe” and he calmly, I mean calmly, smeared a guy who, as I turned to see his warning, jumped from the stands with a chair to probably kill me or knock me out to where the crowd would have. I mean, Ime caught the guy in mid air with a fist and calmly continued his dispacthing of oncoming people. He and other guys (yes, me too) were whoopin’ so many people the crowd backed up. True to the letter! But Ime had the most notches by far. As we retreated to the locker room to kind chants of, “You cudly blackies! We highly doubt your ability to leave this gym with lives intact” in French, (it might have been a bad translation) all I could do was marvel at Ime. This guy, I thought, was a quiet American guy was standing there – all his stuff gone (gym bag, wallet, shoes, jersey) – with a stick in his hand we tore off the walls of the locker room in the middle of North Africa quite literally with our lives on the line… laughing. All the while I was texting my wife that I loved her and might have a hard time seeing her again while she was watching the whole incident on BBC News. And Ime… laughing. He is and always will be my 9ja broda. Ime… Wetin happen bros? Abi na notin. Notin dey happen. To this day I don’t know how we got out of there. But that night we ate like kings at the Nigerian Embassy. And Ime was with us… Killing his Fu-fu.

Tell me how I could have seen a thing like that if I had made the NBA out of college! You just can’t make this stuff up.

Shalom.

Crazy story!!

superbigtime
06-07-2019, 06:38 AM
Surely that 3 year Pop extension was another reason for Ime's departure. Always liked Ime. Every staff needs an assistant coach like him as a bridge to the players. He's going to be good for Philadelphia. Shit I hope Chip doesn't bounce. I hope a competent replacement is found. What do people think of Hardy?

picnroll
06-07-2019, 06:42 AM
Seems like Becky always coaches rings around Will Hardy in summer league.

GreekSpursfan
06-07-2019, 07:07 AM
Safe to say Becky is the heir apparent and i'm good with that, very good actually.
Very good move by Pop clearing the path for her because make no mistake about it, if Pop thought of him as the next in line he would have stayed.

dbestpro
06-07-2019, 07:23 AM
If you had to choose between Messina and Avery Johnson being the next Spurs head coach once Pop retires, who would you choose?

xellos88330
06-07-2019, 07:37 AM
Shame. It was great playing tennis with Ime every now and then.

K...
06-07-2019, 07:49 AM
I'd like another former player brought in. maybe pondexter or Dante were brought in as an internship.

picnroll
06-07-2019, 08:23 AM
I'd like another former player brought in. maybe pondexter or Dante were brought in as an internship.

Doubt he’ll ever take the job but I’d like to see Manu get involved in Spurs coaching. Many times during time outs when coaches would form a conclave away from the players Manu would take over talking to the other players at the bench.

exstatic
06-07-2019, 08:33 AM
why the fuck can’t we keep talent at any level? what is WRONG with the spurs

Unlike that selfish prick, Phil Jackson, Pop wants his folks to move up, to advance. That’s why the Tree of Pop keeps growing. Guys can also return “home”. Ferry did after that Atlanta debacle, and Monty Williams did when his wife died.

DesignatedT
06-07-2019, 08:47 AM
Was kinda hoping for Ime to take over for Pop. Thats a bummer. However, when Pop does retire and the Spurs look for a replacement, the new guy will probably bring in his own staff.

Dverde
06-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Was kinda hoping for Ime to take over for Pop. Thats a bummer. However, when Pop does retire and the Spurs look for a replacement, the new guy will probably bring in his own staff.

I am also bummed. He could always come back as HC when Poop retires. Brett Brown can help him perfect the “stressed AF” look.

John B
06-07-2019, 09:08 AM
Tbh if they can’t compete with all that talent. If Kawhi stays and Greek Freak continues his MVP plays, it’s tough. I guess Ime would be the difference maker to whip this team to a championship caliber.

John B
06-07-2019, 09:11 AM
Unlike that selfish prick, Phil Jackson, Pop wants his folks to move up, to advance. That’s why the Tree of Pop keeps growing. Guys can also return “home”. Ferry did after that Atlanta debacle, and Monty Williams did when his wife died.
100% agree. 2nd big difference is Pop is the talent, Jackson just takes credit. The guy is a douche version of Forrest Gump

Dr. John R. Brinkley
06-07-2019, 09:12 AM
I really like Udoka but this isn’t the end of the world.

Truth4sale$
06-07-2019, 09:36 AM
There is alot of young and upcoming talented coaches available or waiting to get an opportunity. The Spurs will be fine. It would be good to bring in another former NBA player or soon to be former player for a different perspective/relatability. Maybe Andre "The professor" Miller might be interested, I always thought he seemed like a coach when he played.

monty4329
06-07-2019, 09:45 AM
I am happy for him :)

To those of you clowns hating on messina, you know nothing about basketball. I actually know a coach that attended a training camp with him in Las Vegas last summer, and he literally told me that guy is too smart to be a head coach. But, if you look closer, messina has been a head coach for longer than Pop has! Yes, you heard it right, more than Pop! European coaches do not get the credit they deserve in today's NBA.

Wait for when a black female european coach comes over, she'll get an HC position the first year...

monty4329
06-07-2019, 09:47 AM

Hey your last girlfriend might be the best so far.

monty4329
06-07-2019, 09:49 AM
Doubt he’ll ever take the job but I’d like to see Manu get involved in Spurs coaching. Many times during time outs when coaches would form a conclave away from the players Manu would take over talking to the other players at the bench.

He already said it is too much work, preferes enjoying life

SwansonInSibagat
06-07-2019, 11:10 AM

It's not a lateral promotion. He wasn't the lead assistant with the Spurs. He's stepping up. Good for him.

exstatic
06-07-2019, 11:38 AM
It's not a lateral promotion. He wasn't the lead assistant with the Spurs. He's stepping up. Good for him.

The trolls are out in force, trying to spin this as something bad.

Larry O
06-07-2019, 11:55 AM

Hey Bill, it's interesting that you said that. But more importantly, how will this affect LMA going forward? With Udoka no longer on the bench, how this will affect his attitude and behavior, as well moving forward on his future with this team. Of coarse, Ime was instrumental in getting LMA to SA, & this may put into question: Did Udoka save the Spurs from going into the Dark Ages or.... Wonder if PATFO had a "Plan B" if they didn't land LMA? Wishing nothing but the best for Ime has he goes forward. Time for him to leave the nest to soar to new heights now. And I'm sure that the Spurs & the coaching staff will be fine. Pop will fill the position with another good prospect or just add to his tree, someone looking to get into a coaching role. GSG!!!

8FOR!3
06-07-2019, 12:02 PM
Maybe Will Hardy replaces Pop eventually?

FkLA
06-07-2019, 12:03 PM
lol at posters claiming people are jumping ship or that the Spurs can't retain anyone

Spurs personnel will always be highly sought after. It's been going on for over a decade now. That's what happens when you are the best run organization in sports.

phxspurfan
06-07-2019, 12:13 PM

Lead assistant on a better team in a better market

BD24
06-07-2019, 12:16 PM
Typical ST, we lose an assistant coach and everybody pretends it’s the ducking apocalypse :lol

Chomag
06-07-2019, 12:40 PM
Everyone getting off this sinking ship before it sinks to the bottom lol

K...
06-07-2019, 12:41 PM
It's funny if anything, we've been too steady since bud and Brett left.

Here's the 2014 Spurs coaches:

Ettore Messina Assistant Coach
Jim Boylen Assistant Coach
Ime Udoka Assistant Coach
Chip Engelland Assistant Coach
Chad Forcier Assistant Coach
Becky Hammon Assistant Coach
Will Sevening Trainer

Nobody cares about boylen, everyone moved up when he left, so the coach pool has been the same for 5 years. Ime has 6 years here. NBA coaches don't usually last that long!

Chinook
06-07-2019, 12:57 PM

Udoka can just come back if that happens.

Dennis the Menace
06-07-2019, 01:31 PM
Everyone getting off this sinking ship before it sinks to the bottom lol

There’s no Tim Duncan to mask the flaws and carry the weight...

Ocotillo
06-07-2019, 01:36 PM
Would like to get Forcier back.

K...
06-07-2019, 02:47 PM
I wonder if jacgue Vaughn will come back. I don't know how big into the nets he is, but he's another good guy with Spurs connections. Basically people, we need a black coach. Woman, Euro, elderly, alcoholic, Spurs are all about diversity

John B
06-07-2019, 03:11 PM
It's funny if anything, we've been too steady since bud and Brett left.

Here's the 2014 Spurs coaches:

Ettore Messina Assistant Coach
Jim Boylen Assistant Coach
Ime Udoka Assistant Coach
Chip Engelland Assistant Coach
Chad Forcier Assistant Coach
Becky Hammon Assistant Coach
Will Sevening Trainer

Nobody cares about boylen, everyone moved up when he left, so the coach pool has been the same for 5 years. Ime has 6 years here. NBA coaches don't usually last that long!
I hope it’s never gonna be Chip. It’s widely known in the league he’s work on Spurs players much improvement on shooting

superbigtime
06-07-2019, 04:18 PM
The trolls are out in force, trying to spin this as something bad.

Not bad for Ime but not good for the Spurs. You aren't glad Ime is gone surely.

J_Paco
06-07-2019, 04:25 PM
There is alot of young and upcoming talented coaches available or waiting to get an opportunity. The Spurs will be fine. It would be good to bring in another former NBA player or soon to be former player for a different perspective/relatability. Maybe Andre "The professor" Miller might be interested, I always thought he seemed like a coach when he played.

Yes, I remember Pop saying he wished he could have coached longer than his last year. He is the type of smart, relatable, engaging, high BBIQ guy the coaching staff could use.

temujin
06-07-2019, 05:15 PM
Messina heavily rumored to take on the coaching job at Olimpia Milano. Blatt the runnerup. Olimpia needs to find a new GM, first.
Messina couldn't get any NBA head coach job apparently, Pop is staying, so he might as well come back.
That's the only credible job in Italy for someone with his resumee.

spurs1990
06-07-2019, 05:20 PM
Some good names thrown around in the thread. I like Will Hardy and Chip England the best as far as taking over the team after Gregg.

timvp
06-07-2019, 05:21 PM
Messina heavily rumored to take on the coaching job at Olimpia Milano. Blatt the runnerup. Olimpia needs to find a new GM, first.
Messina couldn't get any NBA head coach job apparently, Pop is staying, so he might as well come back.

Becky lead assistant, here we come.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
06-07-2019, 09:36 PM
Becky lead assistant, here we come.

If Messina is leaving, then it’s interesting that Ime wouldn’t have stayed. Obviously, timing is an issue, but lots of factors in play.

ace3g
06-09-2019, 06:31 PM

https://twitter.com/Carchia/status/1137842886391844864

r0drig0lac
06-09-2019, 06:42 PM
meh

monty4329
06-10-2019, 05:45 AM

Why would he take a third tier job? italian league has fallen to the bottom of european leagues due to lack of money. Milan can't ever win shit in Euroleague.

Back to Europe is possible, but unlikely since he always says he loves it in SA. if he goes, he'll go to superpowers with almost-NBA budgets like Moscow, Real. there are not that many teams viable.

monty4329
06-10-2019, 05:48 AM
https://twitter.com/Carchia/status/1137842886391844864

BTW he'll do color analyst for SkyTV at the World Cup (Sky HQ is in Milan)

John B
04-26-2023, 03:16 PM
ESPN Sources: Ime Udoka has agreed to a deal to become the next Houston Rockets coach.

That’s good that he found a new HC job only after a year after the scandal. Man, he is going to do a good job getting the Rockets play defense. Geez

exstatic
04-26-2023, 03:55 PM
ESPN Sources: Ime Udoka has agreed to a deal to become the next Houston Rockets coach.

That’s good that he found a new HC job only after a year after the scandal. Man, he is going to do a good job getting the Rockets play defense. Geez

They suck at it. I see a housecleaning coming.

K...
04-26-2023, 04:49 PM

Houston's is so fucked. They are not serious. Ime.mmade a mistake.

scott
04-26-2023, 08:52 PM
Loving hearing from noted basketball mind, Tilman Frittata.

baseline bum
04-26-2023, 09:04 PM
Guess they really are going to try to bring Harden back and hope Ime can get Jaylen Brown interested there.

Ariel
04-26-2023, 10:21 PM

Houston's is so fucked. They are not serious. Ime.mmade a mistake.
You may also argue the complete opposite: they're so bad, he's going to have a lot of power to do things his way, and whomever says a peep will be shown the door. In fact I expect someone to be made an example of, likely Kevin Porter Jr (easy target). Also Houston has a lot of money to use, and they're going to use it on high character, veteran guys, like Boston did with Horford, Derrick White, etc. I think it's a far safer situation for him than Toronto, where he'd be expected to get results right away, that may not be compatible with the current roster. In Houston he needs to show order, discipline, and progress mostly, and he's got ample room to do so. I think he'll do very well.

slick'81
04-26-2023, 10:34 PM
great hire for houston! Now stay away from wemby

tbdog
04-27-2023, 04:49 AM
Udoka had amazing assistance in Celtics. It'll be interesting if he can turn that franchise around. They don't deserve number one pick.

djohn2oo8
04-28-2023, 04:51 AM
You may also argue the complete opposite: they're so bad, he's going to have a lot of power to do things his way, and whomever says a peep will be shown the door. In fact I expect someone to be made an example of, likely Kevin Porter Jr (easy target). Also Houston has a lot of money to use, and they're going to use it on high character, veteran guys, like Boston did with Horford, Derrick White, etc. I think it's a far safer situation for him than Toronto, where he'd be expected to get results right away, that may not be compatible with the current roster. In Houston he needs to show order, discipline, and progress mostly, and he's got ample room to do so. I think he'll do very well.
Yeah finally some accountability

The Truth #6
04-28-2023, 06:24 AM
The owner seems bad. To me, it’s hard to win with bad ownership. Though I suppose him being a dick doesn’t mean they can’t do well with Ime. But something seems wrong with Houston leadership, so I’m dubious.