PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Marks: “I wouldn’t be surprised if DeMar DeRozan is on the market in the first week of July”

Pages : [1] 2

perk
06-07-2019, 04:01 PM
Says it at the 40:30 mark of the latest episode of the Rusillo Show podcast.

slick'81
06-07-2019, 04:03 PM
WAke me up when hes bye bye

GusT15
06-07-2019, 04:06 PM
Bobby Marks may not be surprised but Spurstalk will be extremely surprised if that happens tbh

perk
06-07-2019, 04:08 PM
He goes on to say that he’s heard from 3 different sources that the Spurs will be targeting Bojan Bogdonavic

Dex
06-07-2019, 04:09 PM
Pop isn't going to ship a new guy out after one up-and-down year, especially a "star" player.

Unless someone comes throwing an offer the Spurs can't refuse at them (hint: nobody will considering DeMar's contract), he will be a Spurs next season.

DesignatedT
06-07-2019, 04:09 PM
He goes on to say that he’s heard from 3 different sources that the Spurs will be targeting Bojan Bogdonavic

:lol

GusT15
06-07-2019, 04:13 PM

Bojan would actually be a great fit at SF for a starting line up that has both Murray and White (good perimeter defense at guards).

We have no cap space tho so it's not happening.(Cause DeRozan is not leaving)

gambit1990
06-07-2019, 04:21 PM
PLEASE

TD 21
06-07-2019, 04:23 PM
Normally I'd dismiss this offhand, but between the awkward fit with Aldridge and the young guards, the on court antics and the fact that he'll command one final big contract in 1-2 years that they should have no interest in paying (and if they don't and let him walk, it'll be more poor asset management), it's got to be in play.

If it were most teams and you had all that, plus a logical trade partner (Hornets), it'd probably be likely. But because these senile idiots are notoriously adverse to rocking the boat and are probably still in the fetal position after what happened 1-2 years ago, we all know it's unlikely. I'm sure they're more concerned with his feelings than what's best for their team.

Bogdanovic would make sense offensively with the young guards. Can space the floor for them and assist some with creating. Defensively, they still wouldn't have anyone particularly suited to defending the elite big wings.

Twisted_Dawg
06-07-2019, 04:27 PM
What is Pop's fascination with big Euro goons?

GusT15
06-07-2019, 04:29 PM
What is Pop's fascination with big Euro goons?

Dude Bojan is a 40% 3pt sniper.He is definitely not a Euro goon.

GAustex
06-07-2019, 04:31 PM
Salaries cannot match I would guess
Salary cap gurus how can this work?

gambit1990
06-07-2019, 04:43 PM
demar, poeltl, a protected 1st rounder for green, kawhi, and $5 million. who says no?

timvp
06-07-2019, 04:44 PM
If you aren't going to extend him, trading him this summer actually makes a whole lot of sense . . .

GusT15
06-07-2019, 04:45 PM
demar, poeltl, a protected 1st rounder for green, kawhi, and $5 million. who says no?

Green and Nephew are unrestricted Free Agents.

That's the only problem i see with that trade,otherwise it makes sense.

slick'81
06-07-2019, 04:47 PM
Green and Nephew are unrestricted Free Agents.

That's the only problem i see with that trade,otherwise it makes sense.

What a steal for sa!

Genovaswitness
06-07-2019, 04:49 PM
THANK YOU. PATFO might be able to redeem itself some percentage points after getting brutalized by Toronto

Dverde
06-07-2019, 04:55 PM
DDR extension in 4, 3, 2, 1....

timvp
06-07-2019, 04:56 PM
With the Windhorst Lakers rumor and this from Marks, I wonder if there is something to that smoke. I highly doubt the Spurs could get the No. 4 pick for DeRozan but if the Lakers strike out on free agency (it's possible with the dumpster fire that is roaring there), maybe they opt for DeRozan and give the Spurs an asset to make it happen. The Spurs then go out and get someone who fits better alongside the young core (Bogdonavic would qualify due to his shooting).

Hmm...

Chinook
06-07-2019, 04:57 PM
If you aren't going to extend him, trading him this summer actually makes a whole lot of sense . . .

What do you legit think they could get for him? I don't know if they could get a win-now player who'd make sense, and I think 19 is already in the range they're going to be able to command.

look_at_g_shred
06-07-2019, 04:57 PM
MoSpur, get in here

dbestpro
06-07-2019, 04:58 PM
DDR and a first to Pacers sign and trade Bojan and another pkayer.

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-07-2019, 05:03 PM

Exactly. I like Bojan bogdanovic but not for the price he is gonna command. He is about to get paid due to how well he played last season and he is already 30!

Chris
06-07-2019, 05:03 PM
He would be a great fit on the Bucks imo Maybe Bud can do us another solid like the Gasol dump.

cd021
06-07-2019, 05:04 PM
Marks generally seems to know what he's talking about-specifically regarding cap issues so I think that there may be some truth to what he's saying.

I highly doubt PATFO wants to play any player more than $30 million, if he wants a max extension then that is exactly what they will have to do for 4 years ($33.3 $35.9, $38.6, $41.3=$149.1 million) after next season.

spurs1990
06-07-2019, 05:07 PM
If the F/O manages to unload him this summer then all is forgiven. Makes up for their indiscretion on Gasol's extension and whatever role they played in the Leonard spat.

I don't really dislike DeRozan but he just doesn't fit this program... too square peg-ish.

GusT15
He would be a great fit on the Bucks imo Maybe Bud can do us another solid like the Gasol dump.

Pau was just a promise at a chance for a ring for the vet minimum.

Bud is not touching DeRozan's contract with a 10 foot pole.

TD 21
With the Windhorst Lakers rumor and this from Marks, I wonder if there is something to that smoke. I highly doubt the Spurs could get the No. 4 pick for DeRozan but if the Lakers strike out on free agency (it's possible with the dumpster fire that is roaring there), maybe they opt for DeRozan and give the Spurs an asset to make it happen. The Spurs then go out and get someone who fits better alongside the young core (Bogdonavic would qualify due to his shooting).

Hmm...

In addition to his obvious poor fit with James, would the Lakers be able to swallow their pride and do business with the Spurs after the fiasco from a year ago?

Besides cap space, Spurs would need a more tangible quality asset as much for PR as anything. I suspect the best the Lakers would do, is something like their '20 1st lottery or at least top 10 protected.

What do you legit think they could get for him? I don't know if they could get a win-now player who'd make sense, and I think 19 is already in the range they're going to be able to command.

I suspect the Hornets are desperate enough and Jordan/Kupchak are old school enough to over value him enough to do 12 . . . but the Spurs would have to take back 1-2 of their unsavory contracts. The worse the contracts, obviously the more assets they could try to squeeze, but then that doesn't create the space for Bogdanovic.

If they're not deadest on him, they could take Batum, but at that point they'd need to attach either Bridges or something like a top 10 protected '21 1st.

timvp
06-07-2019, 05:14 PM

I'm pretty confident that DeRozan is more valuable than a straight-up salary dump. I'm also pretty confident he's not worth as much as the No. 4 pick. A mid first rounder is a fair assessment right now, IMO.

DeRozan to the Lakers if they strike out on all the max free agents for a top 14 protected first rounder ... who says no? I think it's safe to say Pelinka has to come up with something this summer -- he can't just sign up the Meme Team 2.0 to one-year contracts again and hope to keep his job.

Twisted_Dawg
06-07-2019, 05:14 PM

The Raps would never give us $5 million. What front office would ever be stupid enough to do that?

Chris
06-07-2019, 05:18 PM
Pau was just a promise at a chance for a ring for the vet minimum.

Bud is not touching DeRozan's contract with a 10 foot pole.

Appears they would be over the luxury tax threshold as well.

timvp
06-07-2019, 05:20 PM
In addition to his obvious poor fit with James, would the Lakers be able to swallow their pride and do business with the Spurs after the fiasco from a year ago?

Legit question, tbh. Also remember that Pop supposedly told Monty Williams not to accept the Lakers head coaching gig ... so there are some really fresh wounds there.

But if the Lakers are desperate enough to land a "star" player to complement LeBron, perhaps they could overlook it.

It's a long-shot but it could be the collision of two desperate teams, where the Spurs are desperate to put together a better fitting roster while avoid committing to DeRozan long-term.

MoSpur02
06-07-2019, 05:24 PM
MoSpur, get in here

It's been quiet. I haven't heard anything regarding Derozan being moved. I think info regarding trades and signings will start coming out closer to the draft and June 30th.

GusT15
06-07-2019, 05:25 PM
Appears they would be over the luxury tax threshold as well.

That depends on how many of their Free Agents they re-sign.

Middleton,Lopez,Mirotic,Georgie Hill UFA and Brogdon RFA.

Giannis wants them all back and a chance at the ECF with the same core and that would put them deep into Luxury tax even without Mirotic-who they won't re-sign regardless.

(Then again Giannis wanted to save Kidd's job and talk to the FO on his behalf,so he should stick to playing basketball and leave the FO alone to do their thing)

venitian navigator
06-07-2019, 05:26 PM
DDR imho is worth the Lakers pick...this draft is considerd a top three picks draft...from 4 to 20 the names change every mock I see, except for the two playmakes that are quite always put on the first 7 names. Also Hunter slips in a lot of mocks to 8...
I don't like DDR game like a lot of us, but he still has then skills to be a first option for some years in a lot of nba teams...like his numbers are still telling.

HarlemHeat37
06-07-2019, 05:28 PM
Some of you are really overestimating DeRozan's value:lol

RC_Drunkford
06-07-2019, 05:29 PM
I been saying Bogdanović and one of Thad Young or Marcus Morris would do a whole lot more for the team than DeRozan at 29 million. The problem is Bogdanović is 30 and since Oladipo went down he was the main option on the Pacers, so he'll demand a salary around 18-20 million I suppose. If you can get him cheaper that would be a nice deal.

Spurs would have to either dump DeRozan for a pick to open up cap space or do a sign and trade with Indiana. I could see the Pacers being interested in DeMar, since they are looking for go-to-guys and have plenty of depth. Not sure how serious this rumor is tbh.

If they can really trade him for a draft pick that means Spurs would have some more cap space to bring in a player or two and a high draft pick as well. That would improve the team quite a lot. Need a defensive combo forward that can play with Bojan. Thad Young + Bogdanovic for DeRozan might be a possibility

Chinook
06-07-2019, 05:31 PM
I'm pretty confident that DeRozan is more valuable than a straight-up salary dump. I'm also pretty confident he's not worth as much as the No. 4 pick. A mid first rounder is a fair assessment right now, IMO.

DeRozan to the Lakers if they strike out on all the max free agents for a top 14 protected first rounder ... who says no? I think it's safe to say Pelinka has to come up with something this summer -- he can't just sign up the Meme Team 2.0 to one-year contracts again and hope to keep his job.

I wouldn't dump DeRozan for cap space and a future pick that has little upside with that protection. If that pick is like 25 or whatever, I won't consider it worth more than just letting DeRozan walk next year. He's a bad fit in the sense that the team isn't as good as the sum of its parts with him, Murray and Aldridge starting. But he's not so bad as to not improve the team over just a generic guy. It's hard for me to see them moving DeRozan with the idea of signing an okayish dude like Boganovic. I mean, sure, sending him to LAL is good PR, but they'd have to give someone tangible back. Kuzma makes sense, though I dislike him. He helps bolster the offense, has size to play the four and can space the floor well enough to make Murray and Poeltl or another non-shooter like Clarke work.

My question was more like if the Spurs were still motivated by the same things that made them accept the Leonard trade, what could they reasonably bring back that is worth making a move? I don't think a pick as the main or sole incentive will make sense to them with Aldridge's age and desire to go back to Portland within a couple of years. Is there another win-nowish trade PATFO can make that just fits better? DeMar is not in Leonard's tier, but he's also not injured and doesn't want to sign with just one team. Does give him enough value to entice a team with a player who would potentially make the Spurs better?

I think there are teams that will value DeRozan decently well because their goal is just to be a solid playoff team rather than a contender. Orlando comes to mind, as does Charlotte and Miami. Detroit and MKE are on the list too. I just don't see a win-now trade from that list except maybe a deal involving a Middleton S&T or an Aaron Gordon package.

Chinook
06-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Some of you are really overestimating DeRozan's value:lol

Real-talk: What do you think he could bring back, and what do you think PATFO would accept for him?

MoSpur02
06-07-2019, 05:35 PM
I think Derozan is a very good player and the Spurs are good with him. However, he is a bad fit. You either move Aldridge or you move Derozan. The Spurs will have an easier time moving Derozan and seems like they'd be more loyal to LaMarcus. The Spurs need a true SF who can create their own shot, but also hit threes. Unfortunately for Derozan he can't shoot the three.

That being said I really hope they don't go after a 30 year old Bogdanovic.

Chris
06-07-2019, 05:37 PM
That depends on how many of their Free Agents they re-sign.

Middleton,Lopez,Mirotic,Georgie Hill UFA and Brogdon RFA.

Giannis wants them all back and a chance at the ECF with the same core and that would put them deep into Luxury tax even without Mirotic-who they won't re-sign regardless.

(Then again Giannis wanted to save Kidd's job and talk to the FO on his behalf,so he should stick to playing basketball and leave the FO alone to do their thing)

:tu

Ron Swanson
06-07-2019, 05:40 PM
I’ll wait for TSpence tbh.

MoSpur02
06-07-2019, 05:41 PM
I'm sure Derozan and/or his agent have been talking to the Spurs regarding these rumors. Dude has confessed to suffer from depression and was really hurt by the Raptors after they told him he wasn't going to be traded last off-season. Imagine how that guy is feeling right now.

Genovaswitness
06-07-2019, 05:50 PM
I'm sure Derozan and/or his agent have been talking to the Spurs regarding these rumors. Dude has confessed to suffer from depression and was really hurt by the Raptors after they told him he wasn't going to be traded last off-season. Imagine how that guy is feeling right now.

hopefully bad enough to want to leave. he can bitch and moan somewhere else

gambit1990
06-07-2019, 05:51 PM
lakers would take him if they strike out this offseason (i don't think they will).

BatManu20
06-07-2019, 05:52 PM
I’ll believe it when I see it.

GusT15
06-07-2019, 05:53 PM

Unwanted,inadequate,unable to bring success to his team,an overpaid player that what he brings to the table are simply not enough skill wise and spirit wise?
Well at least he is in touch with reality.

CGD
06-07-2019, 05:58 PM

Indeed, the intel we should all be scouting for is info about Demar’s extension talks. Everything flows from that

Dennis the Menace
06-07-2019, 05:59 PM
Derozan, our #19, our #29 to Atlanta for #8 and #10

A core of Murray, White, Walker, Hachimura, Little, Poetl would be fanfucking tastic. Spurs would have essentially flipped Kawhi and Green for 3 first rounders in the Top 10

slick'81
06-07-2019, 06:00 PM
So from kawhi to derozan to bogdanovic!?:rollin

gambit1990
06-07-2019, 06:01 PM
deal.

BatManu20
06-07-2019, 06:02 PM
Fake news.

CGD
06-07-2019, 06:03 PM
Legit question, tbh. Also remember that Pop supposedly told Monty Williams not to accept the Lakers head coaching gig ... so there are some really fresh wounds there.

But if the Lakers are desperate enough to land a "star" player to complement LeBron, perhaps they could overlook it.

It's a long-shot but it could be the collision of two desperate teams, where the Spurs are desperate to put together a better fitting roster while avoid committing to DeRozan long-term.

The other possible “loser” are the Clips if Leonard stays and 76ers max Jimmy. But not sure what they’d have to offer even in a loopsoded trade

gambit1990
06-07-2019, 06:03 PM
i don't think PATFO move demar... doing so would show how wrong they were.

TBH, didn't pop say something along the lines of "don't expect much change" after the season ended?

Dennis the Menace
06-07-2019, 06:04 PM
So from kawhi to derozan to bogdanovic!?:rollin

Ownership will need to instill a mandatory sobriety test in the workplace environment

BatManu20
06-07-2019, 06:06 PM
i don't think PATFO move demar... doing so would show how wrong they were.

TBH, didn't pop say something along the lines of "don't expect much change" after the season ended?

Was about to say this. He specifically said he doesn’t expect any significant changes to the roster. PATFO will do their due diligence of course, but don’t believe the hype.

slick'81
06-07-2019, 06:07 PM
EXactly nobody wants to touch that hideous derozan deal.What could the spurs actually get back?No way they get close to equal value just more downgrading it seems

NickiRasgo
06-07-2019, 06:08 PM
I think there's something really going on. With recent trade rumors with the Lakers then now this. Not to mention how DDR reacts lately. He's not even in USA Training Camp as well.

If this happen to continue, it means the Spurs telling us that they really fucked themselves. Sadly.

Genovaswitness
06-07-2019, 06:08 PM
EXactly nobody wants to touch that hideous derozan deal.What could the spurs actually get back?No way they get close to equal value just more downgrading it seems

having him off the roster is a net benefit. he’s a shitty late 90s early 00s archetypes player. put him back in the time machine

Genovaswitness
06-07-2019, 06:09 PM
I think there's something really going on. With recent trade rumors with the Lakers then now this. Not to mention how DDR reacts lately. He's not even in USA Training Camp as well.

If this happen to continue, it means the Spurs telling us that they really fucked themselves. Sadly.

I’d honestly be impressed if they did this tbh. no need to drag the team through years of derozan bullshit. Cut the cord.

NickiRasgo
06-07-2019, 06:11 PM
But to be honest, I'll be happy if he'll be moved. This means the Spurs are now trying to go back to zero. Hope they are trying to emulate what's the Clippers are doing.

timvp
06-07-2019, 06:12 PM

Pop says that every year. This is the same guy who said Malik Rose wasn't even on the trade block a couple minutes before he was shipped out :lol

NickiRasgo
06-07-2019, 06:13 PM
I’d honestly be impressed if they did this tbh. no need to drag the team through years of derozan bullshit. Cut the cord.

Agree with this. I'm one of those who wanted to let Kawhi stick for a year even if leaves and possibly getting nothing. At least the Spurs tried to convince him to stay.

CGD
06-07-2019, 06:24 PM
Would Cleveland trade 5 for DDR if they can also get off Clarkson and Knight?

BackHome
06-07-2019, 06:24 PM
You know that saying “Where there is Smoke their is Fire”.

slick'81
06-07-2019, 06:27 PM
You know that saying “Where there is Smoke their is Fire”.

The fact they even approached the nets regarding dd is a win

SpurPadre
06-07-2019, 06:30 PM
Ain't shit happening, tbh. I would do Oladipo and Bogdanovic for DeRozan and Beli, though.

Chinook
06-07-2019, 06:30 PM
I'm sure you would.

SpurPadre
06-07-2019, 06:31 PM
You wouldn't?

K...
06-07-2019, 06:33 PM
You wouldn't?

Dipo isn't getting traded

timtonymanu
06-07-2019, 06:34 PM
Derozan out for anything is fine with me at this point. He's a poor fit for this Spurs team. No point in expecting anything different with him around for another season or two.

NickiRasgo
06-07-2019, 06:36 PM
I doubt he'll be moved to Nets. The Nets main priority is to re-sign DLo then sign another big name FA which is Kyrie.

I don't mind Bojan though but I hope the contract is friendly.

SpurPadre
06-07-2019, 06:37 PM
Dipo isn't getting traded

None of this is happening but since this is all fantasy talk, I'm trying to make sense of how the money would fit to make the trades even remotely doable.

Das Texan
06-07-2019, 06:37 PM

Hmm...

It kinda makes a hell of a lot of sense.

slick'81
06-07-2019, 06:40 PM

Lakers arent taking our trash

NickiRasgo
06-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Hope the Hawks can somehow value DeRozan's game but they already have Crabbe's contract.

CGD
06-07-2019, 06:44 PM

Simmons and Russillo also mentioned Ball to Phx for 6 or Chicago for 7 could be a possibility. So that could either lighten blow of giving up 4 or being what they offer instead of 4. 6 or 7 seem more appropriate for DDR.

NickiRasgo
06-07-2019, 06:46 PM
Lakers arent taking our trash

But the Lakers are kind of dumb enough. :lol Though I doubt they will move the 4th pick but let's see.

Chinook
06-07-2019, 06:49 PM
You wouldn't?

I'd trade DeRozan for first-overall too. The only way SA has the value to get Dipo is if Indy thinks his knee is shot (and there were rumors during the season that it might be). In that case, I wouldn't want him.

SpurPadre
06-07-2019, 06:50 PM
But the Lakers are kind of dumb enough. :lol Though I doubt they will move the 4th pick but let's see.

It would probably have to take one of White and Murray along with DeMar for them to give us the 4th pick and Murray is UNTOUCHABLE.

CGD
06-07-2019, 06:52 PM
It would probably have to take one of White and Murray along with DeMar for them to give us the 4th pick and Murray is UNTOUCHABLE.

Why? It’s the Lakers that need to save face.

GusT15
06-07-2019, 06:53 PM
I'd trade DeRozan for first-overall too. The only way SA has the value to get Dipo is if Indy thinks his knee is shot (and there were rumors during the season that it might be). In that case, I wouldn't want him.

Oladipo had Tony's injury and he is 27 years old.As his whole game relied on his amazing athleticism he probably won't be the same player when he comes back.

NickiRasgo
06-07-2019, 06:54 PM
Or maybe the Spurs are trying to clearing up space then try to sign Kawhi? :(

GAustex
06-07-2019, 06:54 PM
Bronbron prolly wants Murray

SpurPadre
06-07-2019, 07:00 PM
Bronbron prolly wants Murray

They're homies, tbh.

RD2191
06-07-2019, 07:08 PM

No, he's not. :lol

Degoat
06-07-2019, 07:19 PM
I’m all for trading DeMar, but he does have value people lol this isn’t patty mills we’re talking about

Genovaswitness
06-07-2019, 07:29 PM
I’m all for trading DeMar, but he does have value people lol this isn’t patty mills we’re talking about

*looks at username*

*disregards opinion*

Degoat
06-07-2019, 07:37 PM
*looks at username*

*disregards opinion*

Why don’t you sit this one out for maybe 5 minutes... I support the spurs, I had high hopes for DeMar but him and LA probably won’t work out so I’m good moving him

Roscoe P. Coltrane
06-07-2019, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=dbestpro;9830240]DDR and a first to Pacers sign and trade Bojan and another pkayer.[/QUOTE Bertans

spurraider21
06-07-2019, 08:56 PM
You wouldn't?
would you trade poeltl for jokic?

SpurPadre
06-07-2019, 09:00 PM
would you trade poeltl for jokic?

Extremely false equivalency. DDR had a better PER than Dipo too.

MaNu4Tres
06-07-2019, 09:08 PM
It makes too much sense.

If you're not going to extend him, trade him.

It's not hard.

Sign and trade w/ Pacers could make sense.

Hornets make sense.

Lakers could make some sense if they whiff in FA.

If they are going after Bogdanovic, then Gay being renounced and him signing elsewhere seems inevitable.

FkLA
06-07-2019, 09:14 PM
I would do Oladipo and Bogdanovic for DeRozan and Beli, though.

lol Instagram Baller fans

Big Empty
06-07-2019, 09:17 PM
No thanks.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
06-07-2019, 09:39 PM
“I was the sacrificial lamb in San Antonio’s awkward, much delayed rebuilding plan.”

SpurPadre
06-07-2019, 09:57 PM

lol clueless 0-10 shooting and benched players on Game 7 fans.

spurraider21
06-07-2019, 09:58 PM
our only all-defense player... but some respect on that name

cjw
06-07-2019, 10:00 PM

Only if it’s top 20 protected, not just lottery protected

itzsoweezee
06-07-2019, 10:01 PM
I'd be surprised if he is gone. The front office doesn't seem competent enough to cut bait on a bad player, at least not veteran ones

cjw
06-07-2019, 10:08 PM
DDR imho is worth the Lakers pick...this draft is considerd a top three picks draft...from 4 to 20 the names change every mock I see, except for the two playmakes that are quite always put on the first 7 names. Also Hunter slips in a lot of mocks to 8...
I don't like DDR game like a lot of us, but he still has then skills to be a first option for some years in a lot of nba teams...like his numbers are still telling.

Spurs were basically a net neutral team with him on the court (+0.5 net rtg) and +5.5 with him on the bench.

White basically had the opposite splits (+5.8 on and -0.6 off).

Demar did some things nicely, like significantly up his assist numbers and rebound well. But unless he can extend his shot and be better defensively, he’s not a good fit with this roster going forward. Better to get what you can and free up cap space.

buujness
06-07-2019, 10:43 PM
Given the amount of rumors, I'm starting to believe that they might actually be shopping him.

Looking at it from an extremely optimistic point of view, that they're willing to do that now might signal that Murray, White and Walker are really coming along nicely in their development. Would also help explain the team asking Walker to gain a lot more muscle, as he'd probably be taking up a lot of the slack at the 3.

Mugen
06-07-2019, 11:00 PM
:lol Pop would literally be committing murder if he traded Derozan....

You really think the organization that didn't want to reneg on Pau's corpse is going to all of a sudden trade Demar Derozan the year after he admitted he was basically suicidal?

mo7888
06-07-2019, 11:08 PM
It makes too much sense. We don't want to extend him. He doesn't fit with the current roster. I think we move him this summer.

Degoat
06-07-2019, 11:10 PM
Yeah I mean I hate to say it but Pop said it himself, he wants to keep the core intact lol I seriously doubt that we trade DeMar and pop said one of the priority’s is bringing Rudy Gay back if we intended to trade DeMar I don’t think we bring back Rudy

Genovaswitness
06-07-2019, 11:15 PM
Yeah I mean I hate to say it but Pop said it himself, he wants to keep the core intact lol I seriously doubt that we trade DeMar and pop said one of the priority’s is bringing Rudy Gay back if we intended to trade DeMar I don’t think we bring back Rudy

it’d be great if we got rid of both tbh

NASpurs
06-07-2019, 11:16 PM
Best news of the season so far.

look_at_g_shred
06-07-2019, 11:17 PM
It’shappening.gif

timtonymanu
06-07-2019, 11:19 PM
:lol Pop would literally be committing murder if he traded Derozan....

You really think the organization that didn't want to reneg on Pau's corpse is going to all of a sudden trade Demar Derozan the year after he admitted he was basically suicidal?

Derozan seems miserable here anyway so they probably trade him to LA if he wanted to be.

Mugen
06-07-2019, 11:20 PM
I don't even hate him tbh, by all accounts a pretty good guy....just too emotional and his game just isn't made for today's NBA....

If Dejounte actually had an outside shot and the Spurs had a Robert Covington type to play smallball 4, Derozan wouldn't even be that bad of a fit.....

His contract is terrible though and I'd support anything to move that off the roster

Mugen
06-07-2019, 11:21 PM
If you trade him then please trade Lamarcus as well, I'd be thrilled for a Spurs team built around Murray/White/Walker + whatever assets they get in return....

Doesn't make the playoffs next year but at least that team would be easy to root for....

FireMicoHalili
06-07-2019, 11:34 PM
Normally I'd dismiss this offhand, but between the awkward fit with Aldridge and the young guards, the on court antics and the fact that he'll command one final big contract in 1-2 years that they should have no interest in paying (and if they don't and let him walk, it'll be more poor asset management), it's got to be in play.

If it were most teams and you had all that, plus a logical trade partner (Hornets), it'd probably be likely. But because these senile idiots are notoriously adverse to rocking the boat and are probably still in the fetal position after what happened 1-2 years ago, we all know it's unlikely. I'm sure they're more concerned with his feelings than what's best for their team.

Bogdanovic would make sense offensively with the young guards. Can space the floor for them and assist some with creating. Defensively, they still wouldn't have anyone particularly suited to defending the elite big wings.
^

Add the fact DDR is a net negative during the playoffs (wish I could reference that tweet showing he's exponentially worse during the playoffs). I'm hoping they ship him off to the Lakers to get a shot at Reddish, Ingram, and fillers (they reportedly spoke to Reddish during the combine).

Mugen
06-07-2019, 11:38 PM
If they do it and need to talk Demar off the ledge, at least they can let him know he's gonna win a ring and Finals MVP :lol

superbigtime
06-07-2019, 11:42 PM
I hope so. Enthrall me.

stxspurs
06-07-2019, 11:55 PM
Maybe Demar secretly wants out too.

look_at_g_shred
06-08-2019, 12:00 AM

GAustex
06-08-2019, 12:01 AM
I would not doubt the rest of the team wants him out.

Joseph Kony
06-08-2019, 12:02 AM
i have nothing against DD but he just does not fit on this team and his style of play is not suited for the rest of our personnel. really hope he is traded before the season

EricB
06-08-2019, 12:07 AM
Pop says that every year. This is the same guy who said Malik Rose wasn't even on the trade block a couple minutes before he was shipped out :lol

Pop is the the epitome of you can’t believe a word he says when it comes to end of year or beginning of the year stuff.

Nathan89
06-08-2019, 12:08 AM
I hope. If it happens it's just another thing highlighting how awful that trade was.

EricB
06-08-2019, 12:11 AM
I hope. If it happens it's just another thing highlighting how awful that trade was.

Had you gotten a better offer in sure they would’ve taken it. No one wanted a guy who completely shit bagged the market. Why is this so damn hard to understand?

cjw
06-08-2019, 12:30 AM
Had you gotten a better offer in sure they would’ve taken it. No one wanted a guy who completely shit bagged the market. Why is this so damn hard to understand?

As someone pointed out, the Sixers wouldn’t make Fultz available and then salary dumped him for the guy that carried the Spurs to the WCF without Kawhi. Boston wouldn’t give up anything of value. Lakers offered a crap sandwich.

EricB
06-08-2019, 12:35 AM
As someone pointed out, the Sixers wouldn’t make Fultz available and then salary dumped him for the guy that carried the Spurs to the WCF without Kawhi. Boston wouldn’t give up anything of value. Lakers offered a crap sandwich.

Every team low balled them. They literally took the best deal available

TheGreatYacht
06-08-2019, 12:37 AM
Spurs traded Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green for BOJAN BOGDANOVIC

How can estrogen filled PATFO fluffers spin that?

venitian navigator
06-08-2019, 12:41 AM
if the rumors are true we are targeting the wrong Bogdanocic...Bogdan (the Sac. one) at least plays some defense...

Chinook
06-08-2019, 12:49 AM
Spurs traded Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green for BOJAN BOGDANOVIC

How can estrogen filled PATFO fluffers spin that?

It's not that hard. If the Spurs legit get enough cap space to offer Bojan $18 Million or whatever, that suggests they probably got nothing but draft compensation. Even if it's a late-first, they traded two guys who would have walked for two firsts and a decent prospect. Not my favorite trade, but at least it's not Brandon Ingram and Luol Deng.

Chinook
06-08-2019, 12:56 AM
if the rumors are true we are targeting the wrong Bogdanocic...Bogdan (the Sac. one) at least plays some defense...

I'm not convinced that PATFO actually want to move DeRozan to replace him with Bodganovic. I could see a deal where they trade Beli and Bertans for Bogdanovic and either play Bojan at the four or slide him and DeRozan down to make Murray or White a sixth man to stablize the second unit.

White, Forbes, Mills
DeRozan, Murray, 49
Bogdanovic, Walker, 19
Gay, MLE, Metu
Aldridge, Poeltl, 29

Or:

White, Mills, 49
Murray, Forbes, 29
DeRozan, Walker, 19
Bogdanovic,Gay, Metu
Aldridge, Poeltl, Milutinov

Or some combination thereof.

bic50
06-08-2019, 01:13 AM
That’s possible. It’s not like he’s with the spurs by choice

cool cat
06-08-2019, 01:36 AM
When he threw the ball at the Ref during the playoffs I thought that was probably it for him staying, you know Pop hates that stuff.

spurs10
06-08-2019, 02:21 AM
I'm not convinced that PATFO actually want to move DeRozan to replace him with Bodganovic. I could see a deal where they trade Beli and Bertans for Bogdanovic and either play Bojan at the four or slide him and DeRozan down to make Murray or White a sixth man to stablize the second unit.

White, Forbes, Mills
DeRozan, Murray, 49
Bogdanovic, Walker, 19
Gay, MLE, Metu
Aldridge, Poeltl, 29

Or:

White, Mills, 49
Murray, Forbes, 29
DeRozan, Walker, 19
Bogdanovic,Gay, Metu

Or some combination thereof. Sure is nice to hope for something like that.

Bellboy
06-08-2019, 06:46 AM

:pop: If I was the coach of the Raptors I’d take it in a heartbeat.

John B
06-08-2019, 08:23 AM
Let’s see if PATFO makes a move for Little, then he’s gone.

dbestpro
06-08-2019, 08:41 AM
Leonard will not resign with the Raptors if he wins the title. He will be in line for all those mega endorsement deals that really drove him away from San Antonio. He will not have to play second fiddle to anyone on any team in New York or Los Angeles. I actually think this puts the Lakers back in play for his services. Having said that, it could be very logical for the Raptors to make a move to bring DDR back to appease the fan base much like the Spurs did with Sean. The Raptors would have room for the salary so any trade could have lots of possibilities.

szkorhetz
06-08-2019, 09:00 AM
Leonard will not resign with the Raptors if he wins the title. He will be in line for all those mega endorsement deals that really drove him away from San Antonio. He will not have to play second fiddle to anyone on any team in New York or Los Angeles. I actually think this puts the Lakers back in play for his services. Having said that, it could be very logical for the Raptors to make a move to bring DDR back to appease the fan base much like the Spurs did with Sean. The Raptors would have room for the salary so any trade could have lots of possibilities.
They won't spend that huge amount of space to bring back DDR's albatross contract.

cjw
06-08-2019, 09:31 AM

Agree with the second part of what you said, but without Kawhi the Raptors don’t cap space. Would have to be FVV and Powell for DDR.

On the first part, not having to play second fiddle to anyone in LA? I hope you’re joking if he goes to the team that immigrated there from Minnesota.

BackHome
06-08-2019, 09:33 AM
When he threw the ball at the Ref during the playoffs I thought that was probably it for him staying, you know Pop hates that stuff.

Yeah any other Spurs player Pop would have called him out in front of crowd and then in after game press conference.

RC_Drunkford
06-08-2019, 09:56 AM

White, Forbes, Mills
DeRozan, Murray, 49
Bogdanovic, Walker, 19
Gay, MLE, Metu
Aldridge, Poeltl, 29

Or:

White, Mills, 49
Murray, Forbes, 29
DeRozan, Walker, 19
Bogdanovic,Gay, Metu

I'm thinking the same. I think they are looking to add him to the team while keepin LA/DeRozan/Gay. There are quite a few scenarios on how to do it. I'ma break that down later, don't have the time for it right now. But it would leave a hole at the PF spot, cause we would need a defender in the starting line up there. I doubt Pop will start LA/Poeltl or look to start Rudy

CGD
06-08-2019, 10:09 AM
I'm thinking the same. I think they are looking to add him to the team while keepin LA/DeRozan/Gay. There are quite a few scenarios on how to do it. I'ma break that down later, don't have the time for it right now. But it would leave a hole at the PF spot, cause we would need a defender in the starting line up there. I doubt Pop will start LA/Poeltl or look to start Rudy

Agree, seems like a Full MLE offer play since Bogdanobich is free agent this summer. The DDR trade rumors seem to be a separate thing, but obviously could have implications for a Bogdanobich signing if it’s a loopsoded trade with the Lakers and the Spurs acquire a massive TE.

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't want DeRozan to be a Spur anyway. The dude is rooting for the Raptors these playoffs and still can't let it go. He's not invested in the Spurs - I'd cut my losses.

There are quite a few teams with cap space this year who will strike out in FA. DeRozan is the perfect player for them to go after. If we can get good, young assets/lottery picks out of them, might as well do that.

Besides, the Spurs aren't going to far with the mid-range mental midgets in Aldrige and DeRozan

CGD
06-08-2019, 11:29 AM
If they move DDR the next question is what of LMA? Year after this one only partially guaranteed.

Degoat
06-08-2019, 11:30 AM
The thing that would honestly be smart about trading both DeMar and Aldridge this offseason for draft picks is the West is gonna probably be even more brutal next year, sure KD could leave but the lakers, kings, Mavericks, clippers, Utah will all probably get a lot better, plus the other top dog teams will still be good (warriors, rockets, nuggets, blazers) plus even the shitty teams like the timberwolves, suns, pelicans could become a threat any season now

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 12:05 PM
If they can somehow package Aldrige+picks for a re-signing AD and convince Durant to join as a FA by sending Demar to the Warriors as compensation, that would instantly make us a contender.

I know this is a fantasy scenario but wouldn't it be cool if it happened?

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 12:07 PM
The thing that would honestly be smart about trading both DeMar and Aldridge this offseason for draft picks is the West is gonna probably be even more brutal next year, sure KD could leave but the lakers, kings, Mavericks, clippers, Utah will all probably get a lot better, plus the other top dog teams will still be good (warriors, rockets, nuggets, blazers) plus even the shitty teams like the timberwolves, suns, pelicans could become a threat any season now

I agree. I don't think there's any value in keeping Aldridge or DeRozan around. Specially when they tend to disappear in the playoffs. Might as well just trade them for young assests and picks and reset with next year's FA market where potentially AD and others will he available as FA's

Capt Bringdown
06-08-2019, 12:22 PM
Any GM that wants DeRozan on their team is incompetent.

Bellboy
06-08-2019, 06:02 PM
If they can somehow package Aldrige+picks for a re-signing AD and convince Durant to join as a FA by sending Demar to the Warriors as compensation, that would instantly make us a contender.

I know this is a fantasy scenario but wouldn't it be cool if it happened?

If we’re gonna jump into the deep end of the fantasy pool:

White, Walker, Windler
Murray, Forbes, McConnell
Durant, Samanic, Bertans
Gay, Roby, Moore
Davis, Poeltl, Metu

I think that would continue the playoff streak with a few additional banners in the rafters.

ceperez
06-08-2019, 06:24 PM
I agree. I don't think there's any value in keeping Aldridge or DeRozan around. Specially when they tend to disappear in the playoffs. Might as well just trade them for young assests and picks and reset with next year's FA market where potentially AD and others will he available as FA's

I agree. Spurs aren't in the business of just making the playoffs. PATFO needs to be swinging for the fences in acquiring talent.

slick'81
06-08-2019, 06:29 PM

hes not leaving tor

Hoops Czar
06-08-2019, 06:47 PM
Yeah, Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green for Jakob Poeltl. Not happening.

CGD
06-08-2019, 07:49 PM
Yeah, Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green for Jakob Poeltl. Not happening.

Exactly. That’s why the most important peice of info this summer is whether the parties make progress on an extension or not.

ducks
06-08-2019, 07:58 PM
Any GM that wants DeRozan on their team is incompetent.

They are the ones that voted for Clinton

gambit1990
06-08-2019, 08:02 PM
if raps lose kawhi then they'll be more active than PATFO.

i appreciate how do or die "contenders" were by making moves. raps, bucks, 6ers.

RC_Drunkford
06-08-2019, 08:03 PM
Bojan Bogdanovic makes a ton of sense for the Spurs. He's a great shooter and offball player who can get hot and drop 35 in a game. His stats last season are slightly worse but close to DeRozan's numbers, but with way better 3-point shooting. I can see Pop running him through multiple picks to free him up for the open 3 as well as running some hammer action. Spurs could use a lot of plays they used to run for Danny on Bogdanovic. Besides that he can also run the pick & roll and get to the rim and is a good passer. His defense is a little underrated, he's not a traffic cone like Belinelli, but he's also not a great defender. I would say he's average, but when engaged can be solid on D. The Pacers had him guard LeBron in the 2018 playoffs and he did a decent job on him.

The other thing is that he THINKS the Spurs will ship out DeRozan to free up cap space for Bogdanovic, but there are other options. They might as well want to make the team more competitive for a deeper run in the playoffs and add him to the Aldridge/DeRozan pairing. After Oladipo went down Bojan became the Pacers first option which wass a role that is to big for him, but as a 3rd option he'd be great.

The one problem I see with adding Bogdanovic is that he's not a combo forward. He's not a 4 and since he's not that good of a defender you would like to have a defensive player at PF. Bertans and Gay are far from that. A Thad Young or Marcus Morris would be perfect next to Bojan. Salary cap wise that gets tricky. If you want that SF/PF combo you'll need like 28-30 million in cap space, so you have to move DeMar. If you want to add Bogdanovic to the Aldridge/DeRozan pairing you can not sign a defensive 4 unless you make further trades to free up salary. To see the Spurs make 2-4 trades in the offseason would be considered an anomaly tbh. Besides that they'd most likely have to renounce Rudy which means he would leave.

I've been saying that Bogdanovic + one of Thad Young or Marcus Morris would make the team way better than having DeRozan. Potential teams interested in DeRozan could be Hornets, Nets, Lakers, Suns, Knicks, Heat, Pacers depending on who they sign/miss out on in free agency.

Scenario 1:

Spurs trade DeMar DeRozan for a draft pick to get after one of Hunter/Reddish/Little/Hachimura.

Spurs sign Bojan Bogdanovic (15-18 million)

Depending on which pick DeRozan nets them Spurs have about 10-15 million in cap space left if they renounce Rudy's cap hold. They could then go after Thad Young or Marcus Morris or they keep Gay's cap hold and just resign him.

That would leave them with the Room Mid-Level Exception to add some more free agents/bring over Euro players (Milutinov)

Scenario 2:

Spurs do a sign and trade with the Pacers. DeRozan for Bogdanovic and Thad Young. The Pacers are a deep team, they are looking for a go to guy and after Oladipo's injury they'd probably be interested in DeRozan. Spurs get a good forward pairing that knows how to play together.

The thing is: Why would the Spurs trade DeRozan to get a bunch of free agents when they could just salary dump him and get an extra pick in the draft? Both Bogdanovic and Young are free agents and can be signed with the created cap space like in the option above. The Pacers only have the 18th pick, so even if they add that to the package Spurs could at least get a pick in the lower lottery for DeRozan. The thing that would benefit them in this scenario is that they'd still have bird rights on Gay and could resign him by going over the cap while also having the MLE available to add to the roster.

Scenario 3:

Spurs trade Davis Bertans and 19th pick to move up a few spots in the draft to draft one of Little/Hachimura

Spurs trade Marco Belinelli and 49th pick for a 2nd rounder in the early to mid 30s to draft one of the better 2nd round prospects like Okeke for example. Belinelli and 49th for one of the 76ers 33rd or 34th pick would make a lot of sense for both teams.

Spurs renounce Rudy Gay. That would leave us with roughly 15-17 million in cap space. That's exactly what you would need to sign Bogdanovic.

That leaves the team with the Room Mid-Level Exception of 4.7 million. I don't think Gay would resign for that, but who knows. I think there is a possibility to do a wink-wink type of deal with him, cause he's obviously looking to make a deep playoff run for the first time in his career, I just don't know if he will go as far as giving up 60% of his salary.

Scenario 4:

Spurs do the same they are doing in Scenario 3 above, but they package Bertans and Belinelli in a sign and trade with Indiana for Bogdanovic. That's the one scenario where they keep Aldridge/DeRozan/Gay and add Bogdanovic to the mix.

Scenario 5:

Spurs dump Patty Mills to clear cap space for Bojan Bogdanovic.

Like I said, renounce Rudy and we got 5 million in cap space. Dump Mills 13 million and we got 18. I could see a scenario were you ship out Mills + 28th for an early 2nd round pick.

What's left is again the Room Mid-Level Exception to sign further players.

What the Spurs will do depends on the other moves they have planned. None of these scenarios seem ideal to me, but I like that they are supposedly looking to add some wings and wont just stand pat. The salary cap situation makes adding high quality players very difficult.

I'd much rather somehow get rid of Mills, Bertans and Belinelli to then sign Bogdanovic + Morris and keep all 3 of Aldridge/DeRozan/Gay. Add Murray/White/Walker/Poeltl and 2 picks to the mix and that team could make a lot of noise in the west, but it's highly unrealistic RC pulls that off

Kurgan
06-08-2019, 08:07 PM
if raps lose kawhi then they'll be more active than PATFO.

i appreciate how do or die "contenders" were by making moves. raps, bucks, 6ers.

Or even Golden State with how they added KD to a 73 win team. Good franchises are always striving to get better and better. Meanwhile, PATFO stood pat after every title...and then they wonder why they never repeated.

gambit1990
06-08-2019, 08:09 PM
from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NusTvYup6c

to champions. i wonder what changed...

Kurgan
06-08-2019, 08:14 PM
from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NusTvYup6c

to champions. i wonder what changed...

Masai flushed that turd on the left down the toilet.

CGD
06-08-2019, 08:20 PM
Is Bojan a 15-18 million a year player? Isn’t he 30 or 31? I thought he was more in the MLE range, but shows how little I know about Pacer basketball.

RC_Drunkford
06-08-2019, 08:24 PM
Is Bojan a 15-18 million a year player? Isn’t he 30 or 31? I thought he was more in the MLE range, but shows how little I know about Pacer basketball.

He was, but not after averaging over 18 points per game. I expect him to be in that range, if Spurs can sign him for less that would be a steal

Kurgan
06-08-2019, 08:29 PM

Spurs are probably counting on their favorable reputation among European players to help sign him.

Fusternino
06-08-2019, 08:45 PM
Still think Aminu makes sense defensively, being a true combo forward and financially, tbh.

slick'81
06-08-2019, 08:46 PM
He was, but not after averaging over 18 points per game. I expect him to be in that range, if Spurs can sign him for less that would be a steal

Hes not taking less then 15 i guarantee you that

CGD
06-08-2019, 08:55 PM
Hes not taking less then 15 i guarantee you that

If he signs means one of Rudy or Bert is expendable, no?

Degoat
06-08-2019, 09:15 PM
I know it’s very unlikely but could the spurs give Bojan a 1 year deal worth the full mle and then the following season give him his 15-18 million dollar deal??

cjw
06-08-2019, 09:27 PM
I know it’s very unlikely but could the spurs give Bojan a 1 year deal worth the full mle and then the following season give him his 15-18 million dollar deal??

No, non-Bird FAs are limited to 120% of prior year’s salary. Early Bird allows you to pay them 175% but need to be somewhere two years (see KD after he opted out).

Degoat
06-08-2019, 09:38 PM
No, non-Bird FAs are limited to 120% of prior year’s salary. Early Bird allows you to pay them 175% but need to be somewhere two years (see KD after he opted out).

ahhh I see, probably a good thing I like bojan but that would be a hefty contract for him

UZER
06-08-2019, 11:16 PM
Pop running back to submissive Euros.

Twisted_Dawg
06-08-2019, 11:25 PM

Just wait until the draft.

bluebellmaniac
06-08-2019, 11:50 PM
Bojan Bogdanovic makes a ton of sense for the Spurs. He's a great shooter and offball player who can get hot and drop 35 in a game. His stats last season are slightly worse but close to DeRozan's numbers, but with way better 3-point shooting. I can see Pop running him through multiple picks to free him up for the open 3 as well as running some hammer action. Spurs could use a lot of plays they used to run for Danny on Bogdanovic. Besides that he can also run the pick & roll and get to the rim and is a good passer. His defense is a little underrated, he's not a traffic cone like Belinelli, but he's also not a great defender. I would say he's average, but when engaged can be solid on D. The Pacers had him guard LeBron in the 2018 playoffs and he did a decent job on him.

The other thing is that he THINKS the Spurs will ship out DeRozan to free up cap space for Bogdanovic, but there are other options. They might as well want to make the team more competitive for a deeper run in the playoffs and add him to the Aldridge/DeRozan pairing. After Oladipo went down Bojan became the Pacers first option which wass a role that is to big for him, but as a 3rd option he'd be great.

The one problem I see with adding Bogdanovic is that he's not a combo forward. He's not a 4 and since he's not that good of a defender you would like to have a defensive player at PF. Bertans and Gay are far from that. A Thad Young or Marcus Morris would be perfect next to Bojan. Salary cap wise that gets tricky. If you want that SF/PF combo you'll need like 28-30 million in cap space, so you have to move DeMar. If you want to add Bogdanovic to the Aldridge/DeRozan pairing you can not sign a defensive 4 unless you make further trades to free up salary. To see the Spurs make 2-4 trades in the offseason would be considered an anomaly tbh. Besides that they'd most likely have to renounce Rudy which means he would leave.

I've been saying that Bogdanovic + one of Thad Young or Marcus Morris would make the team way better than having DeRozan. Potential teams interested in DeRozan could be Hornets, Nets, Lakers, Suns, Knicks, Heat, Pacers depending on who they sign/miss out on in free agency.

Scenario 1:

Spurs trade DeMar DeRozan for a draft pick to get after one of Hunter/Reddish/Little/Hachimura.

Depending on which pick DeRozan nets them Spurs have about 10-15 million in cap space left if they renounce Rudy's cap hold. They could then go after Thad Young or Marcus Morris or they keep Gay's cap hold and just resign him.

That would leave them with the Room Mid-Level Exception to add some more free agents/bring over Euro players (Milutinov)

Scenario 2:

Spurs do a sign and trade with the Pacers. DeRozan for Bogdanovic and Thad Young. The Pacers are a deep team, they are looking for a go to guy and after Oladipo's injury they'd probably be interested in DeRozan. Spurs get a good forward pairing that knows how to play together.

The thing is: Why would the Spurs trade DeRozan to get a bunch of free agents when they could just salary dump him and get an extra pick in the draft? Both Bogdanovic and Young are free agents and can be signed with the created cap space like in the option above. The Pacers only have the 18th pick, so even if they add that to the package Spurs could at least get a pick in the lower lottery for DeRozan. The thing that would benefit them in this scenario is that they'd still have bird rights on Gay and could resign him by going over the cap while also having the MLE available to add to the roster.

Scenario 3:

Spurs trade Davis Bertans and 19th pick to move up a few spots in the draft to draft one of Little/Hachimura

Spurs trade Marco Belinelli and 49th pick for a 2nd rounder in the early to mid 30s to draft one of the better 2nd round prospects like Okeke for example. Belinelli and 49th for one of the 76ers 33rd or 34th pick would make a lot of sense for both teams.

Spurs renounce Rudy Gay. That would leave us with roughly 15-17 million in cap space. That's exactly what you would need to sign Bogdanovic.

That leaves the team with the Room Mid-Level Exception of 4.7 million. I don't think Gay would resign for that, but who knows. I think there is a possibility to do a wink-wink type of deal with him, cause he's obviously looking to make a deep playoff run for the first time in his career, I just don't know if he will go as far as giving up 60% of his salary.

Scenario 4:

Spurs do the same they are doing in Scenario 3 above, but they package Bertans and Belinelli in a sign and trade with Indiana for Bogdanovic. That's the one scenario where they keep Aldridge/DeRozan/Gay and add Bogdanovic to the mix.

Scenario 5:

Like I said, renounce Rudy and we got 5 million in cap space. Dump Mills 13 million and we got 18. I could see a scenario were you ship out Mills + 28th for an early 2nd round pick.

What the Spurs will do depends on the other moves they have planned. None of these scenarios seem ideal to me, but I like that they are supposedly looking to add some wings and wont just stand pat. The salary cap situation makes adding high quality players very difficult.

I'd much rather somehow get rid of Mills, Bertans and Belinelli to then sign Bogdanovic + Morris and keep all 3 of Aldridge/DeRozan/Gay. Add Murray/White/Walker/Poeltl and 2 picks to the mix and that team could make a lot of noise in the west, but it's highly unrealistic RC pulls that off

A dream scenario would be to trade DDR for a pick that can get you Hunter / Cam / etc and then with the trade exception, get Indiana to sign and trade BB for whatever we give,.which would be better than nothing for Indy.

DavidTheGoliath
06-09-2019, 12:01 AM

"Submissive"

https://youtu.be/Ibsd0UvBhTs

cd021
06-09-2019, 12:24 AM
I knew he was good but that seems like a lot, it's going to be a years not dollars for his next contract.

Teams probably aren't going to want to have him at 34, making 20 million. Maybe a 3 year deal in the range of $ 45-55 million

timvp
06-09-2019, 12:56 AM
Scenario 1:

I just don't think the timing is right to trade DeRozan for a pick in this year's draft. Any team with cap space will want to first try to sign a max free agent. Much more likely to trade him for a future first, IMO.

Maybe there's a coincidence that a team who strikes out in free agency happens to draft who the Spurs wanted but that'd take a lot of luck.

Scenario 2:

Hypothetically possible but that's a lot of moving parts that would have to fit just right (outbidding all other comers for two free agents is probably the diciest part). And even if the salaries end up fitting, the Spurs could be forgoing an asset or two by taking the sign-and-trade shortcut, as you mentioned.

Scenario 3:

This is really unlikely, IMO. First of all, the Sixers won't have room to absorb Belinelli with the cap holds for Butler and Harris on the books.

And I don't know of a team with cap room that will take on those contracts while thinking they are assets. Neither are necessarily bad contracts but other teams can use their cap space more wisely than simply taking on those okay-ish contracts. The Hawks getting a pair of first rounders for their cap space has placed the value of cap room rather high.

If we're being realistic, Bertans maybe you can get a team to absorb -- but you aren't getting anything back. As far as Belinelli is concerned, you probably have to give up something (maybe a second round pick or two) to unload him, IMO. I don't think it's realistic that you can salary dump them AND get an asset in return. That would require them being much more valuable than their contracts and that's not really the case, if we're being honest.

Plus, teams probably won't know until late into the summer whether they want to absorb such contracts. That doesn't fit on the timeline the Spurs would need to be on in order to sign a free agent with the created space.

Scenario 4:

Spurs do the same they are doing in Scenario 3 above, but they package Bertans and Belinelli in a sign and trade with Indiana for Bogdanovic.

AFAIK, the Pacers want to retain Bogdanovic. To get them to open the door for the Spurs, San Antonio probably would have to give up something like a first rounder on top of this package. IMO.

Scenario 5:

Dumping Mills is going to take more than sliding down a few picks.

He's obviously better than Crabbe and he's more valuable in the right situation ... but his contract is arguably as bad as Crabbe's. At least with Crabbe's, you eat one season and you're done. With Mills, you have two seasons to account for -- and more money overall.

It took two first rounders to get off of Crabbe. Probably takes something similar to get off of Mills. At the very, very least, it'd take one first rounder ... but that's assuming he's going to a team that actually puts value on his basketball playing ability.

Overall, very good post and a lot of good food for thought, RC_Drunkford. Thanks :tu

cd021
06-09-2019, 01:48 AM
Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

Scenario 3:

Scenario 4:

Scenario 5:

-Spurs can't use salary cap and then the MLE, its either or.

-Signing and trading for Bojan is harder in scenario 2 when having to include both Bojan and Young. PATFO would have to agree to deals with both FAs and Indy would have to agree to take back DeRozan. DDR is an upgrade for them but if they are losing two key players then they may have other players in mind to fill that void.

-Scenario 4 is a bit more likely, I think, depending if Indy wants Beli and Bertans in an S&T. Both are above average shooters and rotation players and are both on expiring deals. I think that would mean Bojan's deal could start at $16 million.

duncan2150
06-09-2019, 05:17 AM
Nice writeup Rc

best scenario is 1. Trading derozan for a lotto pick. You would have to take one or two contrat because nobody will take all DDR salary

for exemple deng/hart or Wagner + Lakers pick ( they could trade back because the 4th is too high imo) for DDR

Dumping Mills is going to take more than sliding down a few picks.

He's obviously better than Crabbe and he's more valuable in the right situation ... but his contract is arguably as bad as Crabbe's. At least with Crabbe's, you eat one season and you're done. With Mills, you have two seasons to account for -- and more money overall.

It took two first rounders to get off of Crabbe. Probably takes something similar to get off of Mills. At the very, very least, it'd take one first rounder ... but that's assuming he's going to a team that actually puts value on his basketball playing ability.

Overall, very good post and a lot of good food for thought, RC_Drunkford (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=53010). Thanks :tu

One thing you didn’t mentionned is that they also got prince who worth a 17th pick in this draft or the future first lotto protected.

But it you’re right it will probably take our late first to dump mills.

cutewizard
06-09-2019, 07:26 AM
just change the roster, period

bic50
06-09-2019, 08:22 AM
"Submissive"

https://youtu.be/Ibsd0UvBhTs
Wasn’t Bertans get out in the doghouse for that? Stand up for your teammates and gets punished. I actually liked this team.

cd021
06-09-2019, 08:47 AM
Still think Aminu makes sense defensively, being a true combo forward and financially, tbh.

He does but may require the full MLE and unless Gay leaves or gets too expensive it doesn't make a lot of sense to add to the log jam next year.

RC_Drunkford
06-09-2019, 08:59 AM
Overall, very good post and a lot of good food for thought, RC_Drunkford (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=53010). Thanks :tu

Good points, I was just trying to wrap my head around what their overall plan is. Replacing DeRozan with Bogdanovic doesn't seem like a move that improves the team, unless they sign another difference maker for the PF spot. And even then having DDR and Bojan might still be better. They would still have to load up on defenders while not having much cap space left. It's a very interesting rumor that would require plenty of cap gymnastics and trades from the Spurs.

pad300
06-09-2019, 11:54 AM
Good points, I was just trying to wrap my head around what their overall plan is. Replacing DeRozan with Bogdanovic doesn't seem like a move that improves the team, unless they sign another difference maker for the PF spot. And even then having DDR and Bojan might still be better. They would still have to load up on defenders while not having much cap space left. It's a very interesting rumor that would require plenty of cap gymnastics and trades from the Spurs.

In all honesty, IMO, it's rumor and speculation. How many times have we seen a player's agent float rumors about Spurs interest to try and drive up the player's contract? I'll believe in us planning to dump DDR for Bogdanovic (another 30 yr old) when we get something much solider than this.

Degoat
06-09-2019, 12:04 PM
Well the thing is I don’t think there will be a lot of teams that offer that much money to bojan either, I saw that the pacers are interested in deangelo Russel and mike Conley so I kinda have my doubts they wanna pay him a ton of money but I could be wrong

RC_Drunkford
06-09-2019, 12:11 PM
In all honesty, IMO, it's rumor and speculation. How many times have we seen a player's agent float rumors about Spurs interest to try and drive up the player's contract? I'll believe in us planning to dump DDR for Bogdanovic (another 30 yr old) when we get something much solider than this.

true, but it does make a lot of sense. Just not from a salary cap perspective

ceperez
06-09-2019, 01:26 PM
I don't get why DeRozan is tied with an interest in Bojan. Their salaries aren't even comparable and Bojan is a free agent.

So what's the deal? DeRozan for any team that will sign-and-trade Bojan (plus other assets)?

szkorhetz
06-09-2019, 03:01 PM
I don't get why DeRozan is tied with an interest in Bojan. Their salaries aren't even comparable and Bojan is a free agent.

So what's the deal? DeRozan for any team that will sign-and-trade Bojan (plus other assets)?
Freeing up cap space.

TD 21
06-09-2019, 05:47 PM

White, Forbes, Mills
DeRozan, Murray, 49
Bogdanovic, Walker, 19
Gay, MLE, Metu
Aldridge, Poeltl, 29

Or:

White, Mills, 49
Murray, Forbes, 29
DeRozan, Walker, 19
Bogdanovic,Gay, Metu

Bogdanovic at PF can't be a fixture and he's unrestricted. I agree though, that they'd probably salary dump Bertans and Belinelli and free up space that way before they would DeRozan. A Murray-DeRozan-Bogdanovic trio would lack defensive versatility though since neither wing can defend PG's.

^

Add the fact DDR is a net negative during the playoffs (wish I could reference that tweet showing he's exponentially worse during the playoffs). I'm hoping they ship him off to the Lakers to get a shot at Reddish, Ingram, and fillers (they reportedly spoke to Reddish during the combine).

Spurs were +0.5 with DeRozan on court, +5.5 with him off.

Hopefully the Lakers select Hunter, strikeout while star hunting in trades/free agency, then settle for DeRozan for Hunter (obviously a longshot, but he's not the typical 4th pick in that he's not thought to have star potential) and sign Cousins.

Spurs need to be creative. If they don't want to give up what's required to move into late lottery range, think bigger. They shouldn't be afraid to draft something of a duplicate, like Alexander-Walker and considering something like White + the '20 1st lottery protected to the Suns or Bulls, if Hunter makes it to them or if they're high enough on Reddish.

GreekSpursfan
06-09-2019, 06:07 PM
We won't be the only ones trying to get Bojan B. Bojan and his agent are on their high horse at the moment and they are not getting off any time soon.

Degoat
06-09-2019, 06:11 PM
It will be interesting.... I’m not as low on DeMar as some people but the truth is it’s probably not a good idea to extend him when we have Murray, White, and walker (hell even Forbes) for the future. And DeMar will be looking for one last pay day so spurs might have to bail on him but damn that’s gonna make us look bad

ace3g
06-09-2019, 06:26 PM
https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1137757297021792257

exstatic
06-09-2019, 06:27 PM
It will be interesting.... I’m not as low on DeMar as some people but the truth is it’s probably not a good idea to extend him when we have Murray, White, and walker (hell even Forbes) for the future. And DeMar will be looking for one last pay day so spurs might have to bail on him but damn that’s gonna make us look bad

It would look bad if we let him, and then renounced his cap space. Trading players happens all the time. He didn’t work out here.

cd021
06-09-2019, 06:40 PM
Hopefully the Lakers select Hunter, strikeout while star hunting in trades/free agency, then settle for DeRozan for Hunter (obviously a longshot, but he's not the typical 4th pick in that he's not thought to have star potential) and sign Cousins.

There are a lot of moving parts for that to happen but that is the best option.

1. PATFO is willing to move DDR.
2. Lakers draft Hunter and are willing to move him in pursuit of a "star".
3. New Orleans keeps AD ( at least till the trade deadline) or won't trade him to the Lakers.
4. Kawhi stays in Toronto or goes to the Clippers.
5. KD stays or goes to the Knicks or Nets.
6. Klay stays .
7. Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris return to Philly or go to a team other than the Lakers
8. Kemba stays put or goes to New York.
9. LeBron pressures the Lakers to aquire a star (likely) and Lakers are willing to deal with the Spurs, specifically.

duncan2150
06-09-2019, 06:47 PM
https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1137757297021792257

So the spurs aren’t looking to dump derozan but if some team like the lakers comes with an offer maybe that could satisfied everybody.

Russ
06-09-2019, 06:53 PM
There are a lot of moving parts for that to happen but that is the best option.

1. PATFO is willing to move DDR.
2. Lakers draft Hunter and are willing to move him in pursuit of a "star".
3. New Orleans keeps AD ( at least till the trade deadline) or won't trade him to the Lakers.
4. Kawhi stays in Toronto or goes to the Clippers.
5. KD stays or goes to the Knicks or Nets.
6. Klay stays .
7. Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris return to Philly or go to a team other than the Lakers
8. Kemba stays put or goes to New York.
9. LeBron pressures the Lakers to aquire a star (likely) and Lakers are willing to deal with the Spurs, specifically.

That's an inside straight that would make Donald Trump blush on election night.

Degoat
06-09-2019, 07:08 PM
We’re stuck with him lol

pad300
06-09-2019, 07:19 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much where I am too. IMO, Demar > Bojan... I would keep Derozan unless I got something really good offered (ie. >> cap space). The extension does worry me, but not that much. I don't object to extending him, just not for a ton of money. If he gets greedy, let him walk.

CGD
06-09-2019, 07:32 PM
Im still shocked he’s a 15-18m player and not a full MLE type.

If he’s the Spurs’ “guy” then opening up space is a must. If they DONT move DDR how do they accomplish that? How much would it cost to move Patty + Bert/Marco, oh, and also renounce Rudy?

weebo
06-09-2019, 07:37 PM
We’re stuck with him lol

RC_Drunkford
06-09-2019, 07:58 PM
Im still shocked he’s a 15-18m player and not a full MLE type.

If he’s the Spurs’ “guy” then opening up space is a must. If they DONT move DDR how do they accomplish that? How much would it cost to move Patty + Bert/Marco, oh, and also renounce Rudy?

DeMar DeRozan 34.9 min 21.2 pts 48.1% shooting 15.6% 3P 6 RB 6.2 AST 1.1 STL

Bojan Bogdanovic 31.8 min 18 pts 49.7% shooting 42.5% 3P 4.1 RB 2 AST 0.9 STL

not a huge difference in production between the 2 and DeRozan gets 29 million. So 15 is really low for Bogdanovic, he might as well have teams offer him 18-20. Rudy Gay earns more than the MLE and he's not even a starter

CGD
06-09-2019, 08:11 PM
DeMar DeRozan 34.9 min 21.2 pts 48.1% shooting 15.6% 3P 6 RB 6.2 AST 1.1 STL

Bojan Bogdanovic 31.8 min 18 pts 49.7% shooting 42.5% 3P 4.1 RB 2 AST 0.9 STL

not a huge difference in production between the 2 and DeRozan gets 29 million. So 15 is really low for Bogdanovic, he might as well have teams offer him 18-20. Rudy Gay earns more than the MLE and he's not even a starter

Yeah, but isnt that’s cherry picking Bojan’s best season versus the latter half of DDR’s full deal? I’d rather pass on paying a multiyear deal starting north of 16M for a 30 year old. Maybe 40/3yrs

tbdog
06-09-2019, 08:26 PM
^ Bojan good 3rd player to have. Compliments the whole team. But he isn't going to replace DD, unless unless one of Murray/White/Walker really break out, which is unlikely this early.

RC_Drunkford
06-09-2019, 08:30 PM
Yeah, but isnt that’s cherry picking Bojan’s best season versus the latter half of DDR’s full deal? I’d rather pass on paying a multiyear deal starting north of 16M for a 30 year old. Maybe 40/3yrs

NBA has always been about "what have you done for me lately". That's how Batum ended up with 30 million per year

^ Bojan good 3rd player to have. Compliments the whole team. But he isn't going to replace DD, unless unless one of Murray/White/Walker really break out, which is unlikely this early.

I agree. Would make way more sense to add him to Aldridge/DeRozan. The problem is there's no cap space for that

TimDunkem
06-09-2019, 08:37 PM
From Kawhi to Bojan Bogdanovic.

slick'81
06-09-2019, 09:07 PM
So more speculative bs :bang

DPG21920
06-09-2019, 09:42 PM
So more speculative bs :bang

Well ya, I mean, you think the Spurs are going to hold a press conference and tell everyone their plans? Spurs don’t talk like other franchises.

Best you can do for the most part is connect dots and read tea leaves...

MaNu4Tres
06-09-2019, 09:52 PM
Well ya, I mean, you think the Spurs are going to hold a press conference and tell everyone their plans? Spurs don’t talk like other franchises.

Best you can do for the most part is connect dots and read tea leaves...

After many years, you'd think people would get that by now.

cutewizard
06-10-2019, 07:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv-IB2vaI2I

cutewizard
06-10-2019, 07:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UtJsuCAVok

cutewizard
06-10-2019, 07:31 AM
This man can play Man!!!!!!!

GusT15
06-10-2019, 07:32 AM
Wrong Bogdanovic,try again.

cutewizard
06-10-2019, 07:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VBG-swRqq0

cutewizard
06-10-2019, 07:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEm4Uxs9q1s

cd021
06-10-2019, 08:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VBG-swRqq0

Wrong one :lol

FkLA
06-10-2019, 08:03 AM
:lol at posting clips of the wrong guy

K...
06-10-2019, 08:07 AM
Two players for the price of one? My God RC did it again

John B
06-10-2019, 08:18 AM
Man I’m confused.

cutewizard
06-10-2019, 08:38 AM
Who then???????????

cd021
06-10-2019, 08:59 AM
Who then???????????

There are two different Bogdanovic's one on Indy and one on Sacramento. The one on Indy is the one that PATFO is reportedly targeting.

r0drig0lac
06-10-2019, 09:01 AM
Who then???????????

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

TimDunkem
06-10-2019, 10:10 AM
There are two different Bogdanovic's one on Indy and one on Sacramento. The one on Indy is the one that PATFO is reportedly targeting.

And, unsurprisingly, it's the old, balding, slow as fuck one in Indy.

This FO is so out of touch. Then again, it's run by the egotistical motherfucker who preferred that his generational talent only averaged 20 ppg...

cd021
06-10-2019, 10:22 AM
And, unsurprisingly, it's the old, balding, slow as fuck one in Indy.

This FO is so out of touch. Then again, it's run by the egotistical motherfucker who preferred that his generational talent only averaged 20 ppg...

He's barely 30, and had a career year, averaging 18 ppg on 50/42/80 shooting. Its not like he's a bad player. Really depends on the deal he were to get.

TimDunkem
06-10-2019, 10:35 AM
He's barely 30, and had a career year, averaging 18 ppg on 50/42/80 shooting. Its not like he's a bad player. Really depends on the deal he were to get.

He peaked, tbh.

TheCerebral1
06-10-2019, 11:02 AM
Good, trading for him in the first place was the wrong call. I'm good at not rostering chuckers who are still whining about their former team.

Seventyniner
06-10-2019, 11:09 AM
Wrong one :lol

Fuck it, get them both!

Big Empty
06-10-2019, 11:17 AM
Lmfao!!!!!

Fusternino
06-10-2019, 11:25 AM
I always said the Spurs should consider trading Kawhi to the Kings for the second pick and their Bogdanovic.

Twisted_Dawg
06-10-2019, 11:30 AM
Is that name the equivalent of John Smith over there?

WaywardTexan
06-10-2019, 12:00 PM
Feels like he already knows the Spurs system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZqyEHErXMc

look_at_g_shred
06-10-2019, 12:29 PM
Here's something I don't believe has been discussed.. Maybe its a possibility to trade DDR to Detroit to be with his old head coach? I don't know how it would work (maybe have to take back a contract) ? But i think it's something Derozan would be open to considering the relationship him and Casey have. Also I think PATFO wouldn't feel as bad trading him somewhere he'd be fine with.

DPG21920
06-10-2019, 12:44 PM
Here's something I don't believe has been discussed.. Maybe its a possibility to trade DDR to Detroit to be with his old head coach? I don't know how it would work (maybe have to take back a contract) ? But i think it's something Derozan would be open to considering the relationship him and Casey have. Also I think PATFO wouldn't feel as bad trading him somewhere he'd be fine with.

I have thought the same, but a trade straight up with DET would be tough due to their players/salaries. They are really heavily bloated at the top with Drummond/Blake making 46M of their 113M (of which 5M from Josh Smith is dead money). So they functionally have 108M - 46M = 62M left after taking away Drummond/Blake (whom I don’t think SA would trade Derozan for).

It would have to be something like Reggie Jackson + Leuer + 15th pick but where Reggie Jackson gets routed to another team (since SA has too many guards already).

So maybe a team that needs a PG and has some cap space gets Reggie Jackson and a future first from DET, SA gets 15th pick + cap space (and maybe another player) and DET gets DeRozan.

But IMO, the team that makes the most sense is CHA. They are pitching Kemba to stay and they know that as currently constructed they aren’t good enough. They need more talent, win-now talent, to both convince Kemba and try to make the playoffs.

They have the 12th pick + contracts that make sense in a straight up two team deal, so something like:

SA gets: 12th Pick + Biyombo + Marvin Williams

CHA gets: DeRozan + Beli

CHA gets two vets and an upgrade in talent with DeRozan, SA fully clears the books of DeRozan (vs potential of him opting in) next season along with 12th pick to add to their rebuild. Plus, they shed Beli to open up time and Marvin Williams actually fills a need for a season.

DPG21920
06-10-2019, 01:02 PM
Also, with the deal that ATL just did, if SA can get a top 15 pick, I think they would have enough to get to #10 with ATL (if they wanted).

Having something like 12th, 19th and 29th should give SA plenty of options if they so desire.

But if they are valuing cap space right now, they will have to find a team with cap space to take DeRozan with very little coming back.

duncan2150
06-10-2019, 01:16 PM
Imo best option is to keep derozan unless You have a top 8 pick

tbdog
06-10-2019, 05:18 PM
I like the rumour getting a combo forward that is a straight out shooter and can stay on the court. This team needs a shooting scorer that doesn't need the ball on his hands and all times. Hopefully they will start building around LMA and DD now

RC_Drunkford
06-10-2019, 05:19 PM
or they just might finally consider trading Patty Mills....

DPG21920
06-10-2019, 05:22 PM
What have the Lakers or Knicks done to deserve anyone wanting to go there? I really don’t understand these dummies.

TimDunkem
06-10-2019, 08:05 PM
or they just might finally consider trading Patty Mills....

Good one. :lol

Genovaswitness
06-10-2019, 08:09 PM
checked demars story...while kawhi is about to win his second finals MVP psycho fucking idiot is recording himself driving and listening to nipsey hussle :lmao

timvp
06-10-2019, 08:11 PM
checked demars story...while kawhi is about to win his second finals MVP psycho fucking idiot is recording himself driving and listening to nipsey hussle :lmao

You want him to be cutting himself? Not sure what you're expecting, tbh.

Genovaswitness
06-10-2019, 08:12 PM

post anything...having fun, eating food, hanging out with people...at least dejounte posts only positive things. it all boils down to demar needing to go

Leetonidas
06-10-2019, 08:17 PM

Right? :lol omg demar posted a of himself like 90% of the other people who use snapchat! What a fucking psycho!

RC_Drunkford
06-10-2019, 08:38 PM
Good one. :lol

:rollin

DPG21920
06-11-2019, 11:58 AM
Step one complete:

Chinook
06-11-2019, 12:02 PM
He peaked, tbh.

Who cares? If the Spurs get him for Beli and Bertans, do you not see that as an upgrade just because he's ONLY an 18ppg guy?

RC_Drunkford
06-11-2019, 12:28 PM
Who cares? If the Spurs get him for Beli and Bertans, do you not see that as an upgrade just because he's ONLY an 18ppg guy?

that would be what I'm looking at also, but I don't see a sign and trade happening. That means we'd have to move Bertans and Belinelli on draft night and Rudy Gay would be gone

venitian navigator
06-11-2019, 01:26 PM
trading DDR would probably mean that Gay is gone too...at that point you trade LMA too and get on full rebiuld mode. Possible but not probable...the chance could be if, as someone has already said, KG opts in and the market go crazy enhancing the value of DDR, LMA and Gay for win now teams.
But if SA wants to be sure to be competitor for next year, the safe way is probably the best, except for some minor trade (like give Beli and Milutinov rights for some draft choices)...
Re-signing Gay and having a MLE 3/d player should guarantee not only a play offs spot but also a better play offs run...while improving step by step with our young guys (that are gonna be a lot, expecially if the FO has also, like it seems to be, some confidence in our d league players)

Chinook
06-11-2019, 01:30 PM
that would be what I'm looking at also, but I don't see a sign and trade happening. That means we'd have to move Bertans and Belinelli on draft night and Rudy Gay would be gone

Not at all. Indy would take them.

RC_Drunkford
06-11-2019, 02:24 PM
Not at all. Indy would take them.

what makes you so sure of that? They would fit in well, but I'm not sure if their value is that high

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-11-2019, 02:41 PM
post anything...having fun, eating food, hanging out with people...at least dejounte posts only positive things. it all boils down to demar needing to go

How is him driving listening to Nipsy not positive? Nipsey always talked about bettering his community and being successful along with other things. Anyway it seems like people are finding reasons to not like Demar. I can understand saying something about his game but damn, the guy can't chill listening to music? Lol

Crazymaddopeyo
06-11-2019, 02:52 PM

The dumbest shit posted here in a while. Who gives a fuck what he posts? Why does he have to be positive, and what is not positive about listening to your friends song? I think we're all dumber for reading your post and you are the one who needs to go.

Genovaswitness
06-11-2019, 03:22 PM
The dumbest shit posted here in a while. Who gives a fuck what he posts? Why does he have to be positive, and what is not positive about listening to your friends song? I think we're all dumber for reading your post and you are the one who needs to go.

cuck mentality tbh

exstatic
06-11-2019, 03:31 PM
cuck mentality tbh

Incel vocab.

DPG21920
06-11-2019, 03:53 PM

Ehhh mang, what you think about DeRozan to CHA proposal?

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-11-2019, 04:11 PM
I personally like DeRozan. If he worked on his 3-point shot he'd be essentially unstoppable.

RC_Drunkford
06-11-2019, 04:40 PM
I think if this team could add Bogdanovic while keeping LA, DeRozan, Gay + the young guys in Poeltl, Murray, White, Walker and add the 2 picks in this years draft the team would be very good. Especially when the young guns make big leaps. RC just gotta work some salary cap magic to get that done

GreekSpursfan
06-11-2019, 04:44 PM
Bojan will get a lot of interest from a lot of teams, whoever gets him will have to pay more than his actual value. I wouldn't do that if i was SA.