PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Parker

rr2418
10-30-2005, 11:12 AM
CP said in his radio show that if SA gets to have the Saints for the '06 season, even if it's for one year, we should think of it just like a big event,( concert, Big12 championship, Final Four..etc ). In other words, think of it like a 18 week Rolling Stones concert, everyone's going to want to go. He also said that deep down inside everyone in SA should've known that the Saints would not really move here, that it was a far fetched idea to begin with. We all should be happy to see pro ball and make it a 18 week event.

I say if that's the case, then SA should just let the Saints go marching out of here!! Again, I'm not for the Saints moving here, but for you people who think the they are or want them to, then you should again ask yourself if you want them here for one year. Do you want to get all hyped up, spend money on the Saints, bring them in as your own team, then suddenly have the team get ripped from your hands, and on to LA? I would think not!!! Do you think that a 'NEW' stadium should be built for a team that will never play here? I don't think so!!!

SA might have more support than LA. SA might want a team in their city, and LA doesn't. But, the NFL WANTS a team in LA. It was never going to be SA v. LA. Tags wants and is going to get LA a team..........the Saints!

FromWayDowntown
10-30-2005, 11:31 AM
Why not think of it as an opportunity to see NFL football live for at least one sesaon, while at the same time having a full home season to show Tagliabue and the NFL powers-that-be that San Antonio can actually support a team, even if it's not the Saints?

There are other teams that may be looking to move in the near term and not all of them can move to LA. Why not see a 2006 Saints season as that chance to establish in the NFL's minds that whether it's the Saints, the Jags, the Vikings, or someone else, San Antonio would be a good destination for an existing team?

If we pout, we risk being booted from any further consideration. That's the part that Parker's arrogance can never get around.

Vashner
10-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Charlie is just speculating.. again wait till the fat man sings (official announcments) before thinking anything..

Right now it's all up in the air.

McKenzie
10-30-2005, 12:25 PM
If we go into the '06 season with the Saints here for one year, I think I'm grown up enough to realize that's all we get and not have a hissy fit when they move on. That's what knowing the terms of the deal are all about.

It would be a good thing to do for a year for several reasons: 1) We get 8 pro home games without having to hook it to Dallas or Houston or anywhere else for that matter. 2) We will show we have the resources to hold on to a team or not. It's very important to show the NFL we really can or cannot based on a reality check instead for running our mouths. 3) It will be just like a 16 week run of fun. Actually, it will be 20 weeks counting pre-season.

We need a thread talking about the actual team instead of the speculation of moving in/not moving in. I'm far more concerned with whether or not Joe Horn will be playing today and how Deuce McCallister is doing post-surgery.

Shiner Bock Girl
10-30-2005, 12:31 PM
If we go into the '06 season with the Saints here for one year, I think I'm grown up enough to realize that's all we get and not have a hissy fit when they move on. That's what knowing the terms of the deal are all about.

It would be a good thing to do for a year for several reasons: 1) We get 8 pro home games without having to hook it to Dallas or Houston or anywhere else for that matter. 2) We will show we have the resources to hold on to a team or not. It's very important to show the NFL we really can or cannot based on a reality check instead for running our mouths. 3) It will be just like a 16 week run of fun. Actually, it will be 20 weeks counting pre-season.

We need a thread talking about the actual team instead of the speculation of moving in/not moving in. I'm far more concerned with whether or not Joe Horn will be playing today and how Deuce McCallister is doing post-surgery.

Couldn't have said it better myself...

McKenzie
10-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Why Thank you, my dear.

mouse
10-30-2005, 12:34 PM
You lost me with Charlie Parker said :lmao

TheTruth
10-30-2005, 12:56 PM
I've never seen someone laugh at more of his own jokes as mouse does.

mouse
10-30-2005, 01:04 PM
And I don't mind telling you , it's a full time job.

You can laugh also, just look in the mirror :lmao

N.Y. Johnny
10-30-2005, 01:15 PM
the only thing funny in this thread is that Charlie Parker still has a radio show

exstatic
10-30-2005, 02:30 PM
Ask yourself: how many of the varioius and sundry football teams that have passed through SA have actually spent more than a year and a few games, anyway?

I had a blast at the two games that I went to this year, and that was thinking that we had the Saints for 3 games. Enjoy it peeps, and there ARE other teams that may be on the move. Jacksonville would be the best candidate, I would think.

Vashner
10-30-2005, 05:05 PM
NFL Official in San Antonio: "Hey you open your wallet.. gimme some of that..."
Citizen: "ok can we get a team"
NFL Official: smacks citizen "shut up you robots.. just keep paying for Jerry Jones like a good little clone... now go buy some of our advertised beer like a good small market that you are"..

McKenzie
10-30-2005, 05:36 PM
Damn, Vashner. Harsh and true.

Marcus Bryant
10-30-2005, 06:12 PM
The X-factor in all of this is Benson. If he wants the team in SA, the league would be hard pressed to stop him.

But, be prepared for him to take SA to the bank for a new facility.

rr2418
10-31-2005, 01:56 PM
charlie parker is one of those blind cowboys fans that just can't bring himself to root for any other team......he is a dipshit. is he even from san antonio originally If he wasn't born and rasied here then he need to shut up, becasue its easy to not want an nfl team in san antonio if you are not from san antonio. people all around south texas are still cool to the idea of us getting a team...and so is he.

only true san antonians would really understand.

Well, that's where you're wrong!! I'm a "True San Antonian", and I'll root for the Cowboys as long as they're around. I'll root for whatever team I want. That doesn't make me a traitor to my city. Will I support a team here in SA? Yeah, I'll root for them, but not against Dallas. Heck, I've been a Cowboy fan since I was 7yrs old. I'm 43, so for 36 years i've been a fan! It's hard to suddenly jump ship, even if it's a local team. Do I hope that the Saints come over to SA? No, but if they do, then I hope they change the name, the colors, everything! Start from scratch!

Suns Fan
11-01-2005, 12:35 PM
watch how you talk to the boy Flash , he has issues.............

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17887&page=2&pp=26&highlight=fist+mouth

mouse, I can take your shit pretty good, but what you do is pathologic.
if I ever go to a gtg. watch you fucking back. asshole.
and I fucking mean it. just paint fucking target right on your ass. I'll make you stop your shit, if I have to break your fucking jaw to do it.