PDA

View Full Version : Any Spurs fans living in Toronto?

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 10:52 AM
Lifelong Spurs fan here. Don't post much online if ever. I am a Toronto native but my basketball alliances have always been with the Spurs even before the Raptors existed.

I absolute hate Leonard who went from my favorite player to my most hated after the shit he pulled off and quit on the Spurs. So on principle alone, I can't cheer for the Raptors success as that would mean cheering for this traitor.

And the arrogant as hell Toronto fans in the city with their We The North BS have always annoyed me. It's just 100 times worse now.

I wonder if there are any other Spurs fans in Toronto who are going through the same agony as I am. My blood boils with every game the Raptors win as they inch closer to the title.

TDomination
06-08-2019, 11:04 AM
Man, that would be brutal. Gonna be seeing Kawhis face for years to come too. Even if he leaves. That sucks.
They may even retire his jersey for his 1 year at Toronto lol Especially if he leaves and they never even come close to sniffing another championship.

I'm not from there, i'm in SA but i can only imagine how annoying everything would be. But it will all pass in time.

Philthemage
06-08-2019, 11:06 AM
Same. Raised in Toronto, living in Hong Kong now but a diehard Spurs fan. Sick of seeing my social media all plastered with Raps posts, but the city deserves it after the VC fiasco.

NickiRasgo
06-08-2019, 11:10 AM
That's weird to hear, tbh. But props to you. I know someone who's in Toronto but a Golden State fan.

I actually felt that a lot of Raptors fans are arrogant. They seem to quickly forget Derozan and threw him under the bus already after what he did with the Raptors but I'm pretty sure these fans as well are the same who are against getting Leonard, hipocrete eh. I don't find them thanking the Spurs for giving Leonard to the Raptors, I know they don't have to but I saw a lot of Spurs' fan before are thanking the Pacers for giving Leonard to the Spurs after they won a championship.

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 11:11 AM
Same. Raised in Toronto, living in Hong Kong now but a diehard Spurs fan. Sick of seeing my social media all plastered with Raps posts, but the city deserves it after the VC fiasco.

The city may deserve it. But I can't get past the fact that it's Kawhi and the annoying Drake lackeys chanting we the north who will win it.

I am on the same boat re: social media. I have stopped going on Instagram and Facebook for a few days. The entire city has become a big bandwagon.

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Man, that would be brutal. Gonna be seeing Kawhis face for years to come too. Even if he leaves. That sucks.
They may even retire his jersey for his 1 year at Toronto lol Especially if he leaves and they never even come close to sniffing another championship.

I'm not from there, i'm in SA but i can only imagine how annoying everything would be. But it will all pass in time.

You have no idea man. Getting laughed off at by friends, getting annoying gloating messages on WhatsApp/social media after every Raps win and seeing Kawhi's King of the North posters everywhere, it's painful. I feel actual physical pain.

RD2191
06-08-2019, 11:14 AM
:lol

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 11:16 AM
That's weird to hear, tbh. But props to you. I know someone who's in Toronto but a Golden State fan.

I actually felt that a lot of Raptors fans are arrogant. They seem to quickly forget Derozan and threw him under the bus already after what he did with the Raptors but I'm pretty sure these fans as well are the same who are against getting Leonard, hipocrete eh. I don't find them thanking the Spurs for giving Leonard to the Raptors, I know they don't have to but I saw a lot of Spurs' fan before are thanking the Pacers for giving Leonard to the Spurs after they won a championship.

Raptor fans are bandwagoners just like Drake. They throw anyone who leaves under the bus even if they were traded without asking for it (e.g Demar). But I feel it will be different with Kawhi cuz he's winning them a chip. Eve ln if he leaves in FA.

In fact the only hope for my sanity is that Kawhi leaves in FA even if it comes at the cost of Toronto winning a chip this year. I can't see any viable scenario where I will enjoy NBA going forward if the fucker ends up sticking around in Toronto for years to come.

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 11:18 AM
:lol

I'm sure it's extremely funny to you cuz judging from your posts, you're a Kawhi fan - not a Spurs fan. You won't understand what loyalty to your team means.

NickiRasgo
06-08-2019, 11:23 AM
Raptor fans are bandwagoners just like Drake. They throw anyone who leaves under the bus even if they were traded without asking for it (e.g Demar). But I feel it will be different with Kawhi cuz he's winning them a chip. Eve ln if he leaves in FA.

In fact the only hope for my sanity is that Kawhi leaves in FA even if it comes at the cost of Toronto winning a chip this year. I can't see any viable scenario where I will enjoy NBA going forward if the fucker ends up sticking around in Toronto for years to come.

I actually started losing interest when the Spurs traded Kawhi and worse is that getting DeMar in return. This finals is really hard to watch, you wanted the Warriors to lose but you want as well Kawhi to lose though I'm pretty much rooting Kawhi for now but I kinda want a Game 7 on this.

I loved how they generalized the Spurs fans as unclassy fans when they booed and called Kawhi "traitor" as if they didn't do it with Vince and Chris. I hope he leaves just to justify the trade but I think he'll stay short-term since it's the most logical for his camp. Sucks that San Antonio ain't a big market team.

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 11:27 AM
I actually started losing interest when the Spurs traded Kawhi and worse is that getting DeMar in return. This finals is really hard to watch, you wanted the Warriors to lose but you want as well Kawhi to lose though I'm pretty much rooting Kawhi for now but I kinda want a Game 7 on this.

I loved how they generalized the Spurs fans as unclassy fans when they booed and called Kawhi "traitor" as if they didn't do it with Vince and Chris. I hope he leaves just to justify the trade but I think he'll stay short-term since it's the most logical for his camp. Sucks that San Antonio ain't a big market team.

Experiencing Toronto sports fans in person for years, they are not loyal in any way shape or form. Not even to their own team. Most of them freely admit that they don't support or follow the teams when they're rebuilding/not playoff worthy teams. They jump on the bandwagon only when they teams are playoff Calibre teams.

NickiRasgo
06-08-2019, 11:35 AM
Experiencing Toronto sports fans in person for years, they are not loyal in any way shape or form. Not even to their own team. Most of them freely admit that they don't support or follow the teams when they're rebuilding/not playoff worthy teams. They jump on the bandwagon only when they teams are playoff Calibre teams.

I actually have a feeling about that because I'm working on a Canadian company and when I'm asking some of the onshore guys it seems that they're not that invested but they're actually watching NBA. Kind of surprised that they're not thrilled when they got Kawhi but I'm pretty sure they are now. :lol

Well that says how wild they are in the media in supporting the Raptors, can't blame them since it's their first but I kinda get what you're trying to say. I've been loyal to Spurs (since 2003) since it's basically my childhood but can't deny that I kinda supporting Kawhi/Danny in the Raptors but I hated what Kawhi's camp did with the Spurs. I'm pretty confident that guy is genuinely a humble it's just he doesn't have a total control on his decision. Can't blame him, he'll choose his family over fans.

RD2191
06-08-2019, 11:39 AM
I'm sure it's extremely funny to you cuz judging from your posts, you're a Kawhi fan - not a Spurs fan. You won't understand what loyalty to your team means.

Fuck yo team, clown.

06-08-2019, 11:41 AM
I'm sure it's extremely funny to you cuz judging from your posts, you're a Kawhi fan - not a Spurs fan. You won't understand what loyalty to your team means.:lol it's just basketball

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 11:41 AM
Fuck yo team, clown.

Lol.. so basically you just said fuck the Spurs? Idiot.

RD2191
06-08-2019, 11:43 AM

I know what I said. Fuck you and your team.

Gamechannel
:lol it's just basketball

That's not how diehard famdom works man. Of it was easy to just dismiss it saying it's just basketball, fandom wouldn't exist.

NickiRasgo

You can actually ignore, he's trolling. :lol And that's a reference from Stephen Jackson's tweet regarding the NBA Fantasy.

RD2191

Kawhi turned down his wife tbh

Amuseddaysleeper
I live in Toronto and was very bitter about Kawhi being here but seeing how elated the city and all my friends have been during this run I’ve slowly come to accept it. Raps have always been my second team due to geography so if Kawhi was going to help anyone else win a title on one hand I’m glad it’s Toronto.

On the other hand I can’t help but play the what if game as it’s really disheartening that someone this talented is no longer a Spur.

Honestly feels like how Cavs fans must’ve felt when LeBron left the first time.

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 11:44 AM
I know what I said. Fuck you and your team.

The trolling is strong with this one.

NickiRasgo
06-08-2019, 11:45 AM

Some it's just a basketball but some are emotionally invested on it. I'm in the latter but not as before. Just respect how they view it. :toast

Amuseddaysleeper
06-08-2019, 11:46 AM

The Spurs failed to sell out WCF games back in 2007.

Raps fans have always been incredible. Canada will always be a hockey country first and foremost but I disagree that their fans aren’t loyal.

NickiRasgo
06-08-2019, 11:47 AM
I live in Toronto and was very bitter about Kawhi being here but seeing how elated the city and all my friends have been during this run I’ve slowly come to accept it. Raps have always been my second team due to geography so if Kawhi was going to help anyone else win a title on one hand I’m glad it’s Toronto.

On the other hand I can’t help but play the what if game as it’s really disheartening that someone this talented is no longer a Spur.

Kinda wish that the Raptors can do the Spurs some favor in the future but I know, it doesn't work that way.

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 11:50 AM
The Spurs failed to sell out WCF games back in 2007.

Raps fans have always been incredible. Canada will always be a hockey country first and foremost but I disagree that their fans aren’t loyal.

I'm referring to the majority here. Not referring to the hard core fans who are in the minority. The Raptor fans have booed their own team during past playoff games where they lost unceremoniously. They do not have much concept of loyalty or class. They're on the bandwagon at the moment. If the team came crashing down after KL leaves, they would stop going to the games or watching games. In this day and age of social media, most of the city is supporting them because it's the cool thing to do and gets you social media props. I have lived here for 30+ years.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Kinda wish that the Raptors can do the Spurs some favor in the future but I know, it doesn't work that way.

They gave us Matt Bonner, so this was just us returning the favour :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
06-08-2019, 11:53 AM
Dude, trust me. The Raptor fans have booed their team during past playoff games where they lost unceremoniously. They do not have much concept of loyalty or class. They're all on the bandwagon at the moment. If the team came crashing down after KL leaves, they would going to the games or watching games. In this day and age of social media, most of the city is supporting them because it's the cool thing to do and gets you social media props. I have lived here for 30+ years.

Oh I don’t doubt here are bandwagoners, you had them when the Jays were good recently as well.

But Jurassic Park has always been epic even when before this year. Raps have had some horrible showing in the playoffs in recent years but the fan base has always been solid. This decade it’s always been tough to get good tickets for fair prices because from 2013 onward the Raps have been competitive.

After Kawhi leaves (if that happens) the team obviously wont be as good but Jurassic Park will still be crazy come playoff time.

NickiRasgo
06-08-2019, 11:53 AM

:lol :lol :lol

Didn't like Rasho back then but I thought Matt is better since he can shoot 3s. I was young back then. :lol

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 12:02 PM

Lmao. God bless the red rocket. He served us well.

Kingkohl
06-08-2019, 12:21 PM
I agree with you on this.Secondly,the Raptors is the only Canadian team in the league since the Vancouver Grizzlies move in Memphis so i support them being the only team.

spurs1990
06-08-2019, 01:27 PM
Spurs fans from Toronto you are beautiful people. That's real dedication to the team especially from what we are seeing from the otuside. Those fan gatherings they showed last night in all the provinces was incredible, especially the Mississauga crowd.

I would be so hyped watching the Raptors dismantle Golden State if I wasn't a Spurs fan. Instead it is gut wrenching knowing how badly the Spurs FO got schooled in this trade. Ujuri unloaded a bloated contract and a player who was benched in the 4th vs the Cavs, didn't give up Siakam, and got Danny Green for their trouble.

Spurs FO handed them a potential dynasty if Leonard resigns as is rumored, and for relative scraps.

I've gotten over Leonard's charade from last year partly because timvp has hinted that the Spurs were complicit in more than we know. I think Gregg and RC owe us an explanation on what the hell went wrong. They look like fools in light of what's about to happen.

Anyway like I said God bless you Spurs fans living among that euphoria and it's awesome you guys are keeping the faith! Cheers :bobo

th3answ3r
06-08-2019, 02:01 PM
I'm in the same boat. It sucks man but 5 > prostituting your team for one ring.

As for fair weather fans, Toronto has a lot of fair weather people in general. You'll see people lining up for hours to get in the newest food joint or the latest instagram spot. Many people wanna be cool like the Americans.

There are still a lot of loyal fans of course that've been watching for 24 years but most can't name a player from before 2014

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 02:11 PM
I'm in the same boat. It sucks man but 5 > prostituting your team for one ring.

As for fair weather fans, Toronto has a lot of fair weather people in general. You'll see people lining up for hours to get in the newest food joint or the latest instagram spot. Many people wanna be cool like the Americans.

There are still a lot of loyal fans of course that've been watching for 24 years but most can't name a player from before 2014

Your profile says your team is Raptors. Make up your mind bro! Haha

lefty
06-08-2019, 02:20 PM
Lifelong Spurs fan here. Don't post much online if ever. I am a Toronto native but my basketball alliances have always been with the Spurs even before the Raptors existed.

I absolute hate Leonard who went from my favorite player to my most hated after the shit he pulled off and quit on the Spurs. So on principle alone, I can't cheer for the Raptors success as that would mean cheering for this traitor.

And the arrogant as hell Toronto fans in the city with their We The North BS have always annoyed me. It's just 100 times worse now.

I wonder if there are any other Spurs fans in Toronto who are going through the same agony as I am. My blood boils with every game the Raptors win as they inch closer to the title.

WETHENORTH

th3answ3r
06-08-2019, 02:20 PM
Your profile says your team is Raptors. Make up your mind bro! Haha

lol i made this account long ago, I picked that to show I'm a spurs fan in toronto. Thought the avy would be enough. Tried changing it too but cant find the option

Amuseddaysleeper
06-08-2019, 02:25 PM
Spurs fans from Toronto you are beautiful people. That's real dedication to the team especially from what we are seeing from the otuside. Those fan gatherings they showed last night in all the provinces was incredible, especially the Mississauga crowd.

I would be so hyped watching the Raptors dismantle Golden State if I wasn't a Spurs fan. Instead it is gut wrenching knowing how badly the Spurs FO got schooled in this trade. Ujuri unloaded a bloated contract and a player who was benched in the 4th vs the Cavs, didn't give up Siakam, and got Danny Green for their trouble.

Spurs FO handed them a potential dynasty if Leonard resigns as is rumored, and for relative scraps.

I've gotten over Leonard's charade from last year partly because timvp has hinted that the Spurs were complicit in more than we know. I think Gregg and RC owe us an explanation on what the hell went wrong. They look like fools in light of what's about to happen.

Anyway like I said God bless you Spurs fans living among that euphoria and it's awesome you guys are keeping the faith! Cheers :bobo

You’re welcome :tu

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 02:26 PM
lol i made this account long ago, I picked that to show I'm a spurs fan in toronto. Thought the avy would be enough. Tried changing it too but cant find the option

I will need to drink my sorrows when the raps win this championship. Care to join me? Haha

Gamechannel
06-08-2019, 02:27 PM
WETHENORTH

Fuck the North!

bic50
06-08-2019, 02:34 PM

Must suck for you :lol Hilarious to me though.

Philthemage
06-08-2019, 03:09 PM
Whats really annoying is when people there are raving about the clutch shit hes doing. Stuff we've witnessed while he we here and healthy.

lefty
06-08-2019, 03:18 PM
Fuck the North!

TSN SPORTSNET DEVLIN RAUTINS ARMSTRONG JURASSIC PARK DRAKE

LETS GO

Legacy
06-08-2019, 04:45 PM

Now he's a Faker. Neph soon to follow. Oh wait, that's where kwitter originally wanted to go. :downspin:

spurs1990
06-08-2019, 05:19 PM
Whats really annoying is when people there are raving about the clutch shit hes doing. Stuff we've witnessed while he we here and healthy.

2016 vs OKC not so much. But then again he was like 24 or 25 so still not prime level like he's at now.

TD 21
06-09-2019, 06:30 PM

I'm not living in Toronto, but I share your sentiments all the same. Disgusting combination of arrogance/inferiority complex from their fans/media.

My annoyance/frustration reached a peak during game 5 of the ECF, when it became clear that what I suspected after the trade went down was in fact going to happen: Scumbag was going to the Finals and with the Durant uncertainty, probably winning it. When I heard after game 1 that Durant was likely out until at least game 4, I knew it was officially over and have been resigned since.

NickiRasgo
06-11-2019, 01:42 AM
Did just fans in Toronto cheered when Durant got an injury? That was "class". Considering that Durant used to consider playing in Toronto previously.

Gamechannel
06-11-2019, 02:39 AM
Did just fans in Toronto cheered when Durant got an injury? That was "class". Considering that Durant used to consider playing in Toronto previously.

Yep. Many videos of majority of the fans in the arena, in bars, at most Jurassic Park locations cheering, flipping him off and waving good bye at Durant.

There are also videos of Toronto fans attacking a GSW fan and his girlfriend.

NickiRasgo
06-11-2019, 05:00 AM
Yep. Many videos of majority of the fans in the arena, in bars, at most Jurassic Park locations cheering, flipping him off and waving good bye at Durant.

There are also videos of Toronto fans attacking a GSW fan and his girlfriend.

Atleast you're right as you mentioned previously here, sure they are fully supporting their team but it seems they don't have a concept of sportmanship.
Probably some casual fans as true fans shouldn't cheer any injuries on players from the opposing team.

Disgusting.