PDA

View Full Version : The most disrespectful thing will be if PATFO pretend the Kawhi thing didn't exist

testies
06-09-2019, 01:01 PM
Either address it, call him out on his bullshit, or admit you fucked up, but do something.

If we get that passive 'pretend nothing happened', we are classy, lets roll around the hills drinking wine, we don't talk about the past shit I will fume.

daslicer
06-09-2019, 01:03 PM
When are you going to get over that #2 is gone forever? The season about to end time to stop obsessing with this guy.

Dverde
06-09-2019, 01:06 PM
Or what?

RD2191
06-09-2019, 01:10 PM
:tu

Genovaswitness
06-09-2019, 01:20 PM
they owe it to the fans. it’s bullshit how much they take SA for granted

timtonymanu
06-09-2019, 01:22 PM
When has Pop cared what the fans think? :lol Or even better, taken responsibility for his own mistakes?

It will be the usual "We will bounce back. It's just basketball. These guys are grown men. Btw Trump is a bigot."

R. DeMurre
06-09-2019, 01:29 PM
Pop must be shaking in his boots, hearing that some random internet fan is threatening to fume.

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2019, 01:31 PM
If you're angry about this, wait until the reports come out that Pop called Danny and Kawhi to congratulate them:lol

UZER
06-09-2019, 01:40 PM
If you're angry about this, wait until the reports come out that Pop called Danny and Kawhi to congratulate them:lol

I wouldn’t be surprised if the NBA schedules SAS @ TOR as the season opener. it would be the ultimate troll job to watch them get their rings. :lol

But Pop would run to mid court to give both of them one of his groping Joe Biden hugs.

Frenchfred
06-09-2019, 01:44 PM
Kawhi didn't respect his contract by pretending that he was more injured than he actually was just because he wanted out. Players get paid dozens of millions of dollars while the average Joe struggles through life. I think that they should show a little more respect to their fans. I think that PATFO sent the right message by trading him where he didn't want. Gladly for him, he'll get a title out of it.

Leetonidas
06-09-2019, 01:52 PM
Do you expect them to hold a press conference to say "our bad Kawhi." wtf do you think is going to happen? We really needed another thread crying about nephew tbh:rolleyes

Rummpd
06-09-2019, 01:59 PM
But we got soft DR and lumbering P...why be upset?

FkLA
06-09-2019, 02:05 PM
they owe it to the fans. it’s bullshit how much they take SA for granted

No, actually it's bullshit how much SA takes them for granted. PATFO had us set up to keep winning titles even post-Duncan (most of us figured we might never ring again after TD). They identified and molded Nephew, they got LMA, all those late 1st round picks are absolute steals. Being the best run organization in sports+a title contender year in and year out for a small-market is no small feat. If only Neph hadn't quit.

CGD
06-09-2019, 02:21 PM
I’ll leave this right here:

https://youtu.be/-ze37NCz5oI

ECOV
06-09-2019, 02:52 PM
Most of y'all are the problem

gambit1990
06-09-2019, 02:54 PM
we definitely needed another thread on kawhi and the spurs.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-09-2019, 04:50 PM
/close this thread
/start banning people who post about #2

exstatic
06-09-2019, 05:35 PM
The immaturity on this board continues to reach new levels. OP thinks he’s entitled to information about what happened. Tough shit.

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2019, 05:43 PM
start banning people who post about #2
awww...pobrecito

TD 21
06-09-2019, 06:14 PM
The immaturity on this board continues to reach new levels. OP thinks he’s entitled to information about what happened. Tough shit.

OP is spot on . . . unfortunately, we all know this is going to end like Harlem said.

therealtruth
06-09-2019, 07:39 PM
What stage of grief are we on now?

RC_Drunkford
06-09-2019, 07:41 PM
oh look here another Kawhi thread. We didn't have enough, let's start a few more

dbreiden83080
06-09-2019, 09:29 PM
They tried to address it with him last season numerous times. Do you know what happened? He and his uncle were hiding from the team in New York. He was refusing to sit on the bench during the playoffs.

daslicer
06-09-2019, 09:36 PM
They tried to address it with him last season numerous times. Do you know what happened? He and his uncle were hiding from the team in New York. He was refusing to sit on the bench during the playoffs.

Arguing with these parrots is a waste of time. They are always going to believe #2 was 100 percent innocent and that the Spurs could have kept him if they just submitted to his demands.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-09-2019, 09:56 PM
/close this shit

Proxy
06-10-2019, 02:22 AM
bend over i'll show ya some disrespect

bic50
06-10-2019, 07:26 AM
Arguing with these parrots is a waste of time. They are always going to believe #2 was 100 percent innocent and that the Spurs could have kept him if they just submitted to his demands.
Do you believe the spurs org are 100% innocent? I’m sure you do

dbreiden83080
06-10-2019, 12:11 PM

And acting as if at the time they were cool with him blowing off 73 games last season plus the playoffs. You don't miss an entire season without having a major injury and he did NOT. No surgery whatsoever. Murray blew out his ACL and missed the season. Nobody questioned the injury for obvious reasons. You blow out an ACL, you break a leg, an ankle etc, you miss the season. You whine that your quad hurts, and even when doctors are clearing you, sit on your ass anyway. Yeah only a troll would be cool with that BS..

Dex
06-10-2019, 12:30 PM
Bygones = bygones.

Bringing it back up now benefits nobody. Whatever happened, happened. It's over now.

gameFACE
06-10-2019, 12:41 PM
There needs to be some accountability with the FO. If you're blindly putting all this on KL only you have to be the biggest idiot homer around. I've been a fan since the Gervin days and all the "Spurs do things the right way" bs will ring hollow if Kawhi pulls off the championship.

tmtcsc
06-10-2019, 12:47 PM
Either address it, call him out on his bullshit, or admit you fucked up, but do something.

If we get that passive 'pretend nothing happened', we are classy, lets roll around the hills drinking wine, we don't talk about the past shit I will fume.

You realize he's been gone for over a year now right? He hasn't played a game for the Spurs since January of 2018. When & why exactly would the Spurs even bring up this dude's name?

Strategic
06-10-2019, 01:06 PM
I’m positive your wishes will be met in Pop’s obit. LOL! Way past time to move on.

exstatic
06-10-2019, 03:06 PM
There needs to be some accountability with the FO. If you're blindly putting all this on KL only you have to be the biggest idiot homer around. I've been a fan since the Gervin days and all the "Spurs do things the right way" bs will ring hollow if Kawhi pulls off the championship.

I'm sure there was stuff from both sides that didn't help, but the reality is that PATFO handled this WAY better than The Group. It's being spun pretty well for them, since LeBron seems to be finally aging, and the league needs a new "thing", but in the long run, which is the only thing that matters, it will likely come out the Spurs way. What The Group did was unconscionable. They basically stole $19M from the Spurs. Nobody protects retired players. Just look at Magic. He's a HOFer, and his former organization basically shoved him under the bus. The various organizations understand what happened. You can't spin people plugged into the system. I doubt Kawhi gets an opportunity for a late career. Once he stops being elite, and it happens to every player, he'll be dropped like a bad habit. People who make decisions in this league understand exactly what happened.

There are two applicable pieces of folks wisdom that apply to this situation:

What goes around, comes around.

It'll all come out in the wash.

Pavlov
06-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Fume!

bic50
06-10-2019, 03:38 PM
And acting as if at the time they were cool with him blowing off 73 games last season plus the playoffs. You don't miss an entire season without having a major injury and he did NOT. No surgery whatsoever. Murray blew out his ACL and missed the season. Nobody questioned the injury for obvious reasons. You blow out an ACL, you break a leg, an ankle etc, you miss the season. You whine that your quad hurts, and even when doctors are clearing you, sit on your ass anyway. Yeah only a troll would be cool with that BS..
Murray is not Kawhi.

Capt Bringdown
06-10-2019, 03:50 PM
:pop: Basketball is just a game, don't discuss it anymore.

Kori Ellis
06-10-2019, 03:54 PM
Don't you all get tired of posting about Kawhi every single day? If you are a Kawhi fan (and not a Spurs fan), move on to the Raptors forum. If you are Spurs fan, just move on. You can play the blame game for the next several decades, or just realize that Kawhi wasn't happy as a Spur. For one particular reason or for a million reasons, it doesn't really matter at this point. He's gone. He's not a Spur. We left the one dedicated Kawhi thread up so everyone could vent/scold the front office/bash Kawhi/whatever. So use it, or don't. But we don't need new Kawhi threads at SpursTalk.

gameFACE
06-10-2019, 04:16 PM
I'm sure there was stuff from both sides that didn't help, but the reality is that PATFO handled this WAY better than The Group.

I'm not totally convinced of that right now. Uncle Dennis screwed things up but he's might get the last laugh here.

That bit of philosophy works both ways.

gameFACE
06-10-2019, 04:19 PM
Don't you all get tired of posting about Kawhi every single day? If you are a Kawhi fan (and not a Spurs fan), move on to the Raptors forum. If you are Spurs fan, just move on. You can play the blame game for the next several decades, or just realize that Kawhi wasn't happy as a Spur. For one particular reason or for a million reasons, it doesn't really matter at this point. He's gone. He's not a Spur. We left the one dedicated Kawhi thread up so everyone could vent/scold the front office/bash Kawhi/whatever. So use it, or don't. But we don't need new Kawhi threads at SpursTalk.

I predict this will last less than Bob Hill getting fired, whether Kidd would have been better than TP or trading Scola.

weeks
06-10-2019, 04:28 PM
I predict this will last less than Bob Hill getting fired, whether Kidd would have been better than TP or trading Scola.

This is now a Scola thread

Thomas82
06-10-2019, 09:49 PM
I'm sure there was stuff from both sides that didn't help, but the reality is that PATFO handled this WAY better than The Group. It's being spun pretty well for them, since LeBron seems to be finally aging, and the league needs a new "thing", but in the long run, which is the only thing that matters, it will likely come out the Spurs way. What The Group did was unconscionable. They basically stole $19M from the Spurs. Nobody protects retired players. Just look at Magic. He's a HOFer, and his former organization basically shoved him under the bus. The various organizations understand what happened. You can't spin people plugged into the system. I doubt Kawhi gets an opportunity for a late career. Once he stops being elite, and it happens to every player, he'll be dropped like a bad habit. People who make decisions in this league understand exactly what happened.

There are two applicable pieces of folks wisdom that apply to this situation:

It'll all come out in the wash.

Well said!!

dbreiden83080
06-10-2019, 10:26 PM
Murray is not Kawhi.

And...