picnroll
06-10-2019, 11:51 PM
Yikes

FkLA
06-10-2019, 11:53 PM
I'd offer him the max. Srs.

dbreiden83080
06-10-2019, 11:55 PM
Seems that way based on how emotional the general manager was about it. If that is the case basically all of next season is gone for him.

cjw
06-10-2019, 11:56 PM
I'd offer him the max. Srs.

DC23
06-10-2019, 11:57 PM
$200 million guaranteed just turned into 1 year $10 million.

picnroll
06-10-2019, 11:57 PM
Could mean he stays with GS. They'll have to offer him the max regardless. Their medical staff approved him to play. Think GS will take the shit the Spurs have taken?

DC23
06-11-2019, 12:00 AM
Could mean he stays with GS. They'll have to offer him the max regardless. Their medical staff approved him to play. Think GS will take the shit the Spurs have taken?

Warriors don't have to do shit. He's damaged goods.

TXstbobcat
06-11-2019, 12:02 AM

He has a 31.5 million dollar player that he will opt into and get paid to rehab.

TXstbobcat
06-11-2019, 12:04 AM

they are only on the hook for the 31.5 million when he opts into his player option.

Reck
06-11-2019, 12:06 AM

Kerr's and Warriors GM reactions says different. They seem guilty of doing something they knew was gonna happen but pushed him out anyway.

I'm not sure about paying him the max (it's ridiculous) but they owe him hazard pay for a fact.

Killakobe81
06-11-2019, 12:10 AM
He has a 31.5 million dollar player that he will opt into and get paid to rehab.

This

InRareForm
06-11-2019, 12:45 AM
I read on Twitter he could possibly sue for malpractice? Any truth to that?

GAustex
06-11-2019, 12:55 AM
I hope he can and does.
Its sad that he was shamed into playing.
Man up they said...
Its a shame how this went down.

buttsR4rebounding
06-11-2019, 01:04 AM
Zaza Karma comes full circle.

HarlemHeat37
06-11-2019, 01:07 AM
If he didn't join a 73-win team, he would have never been in this position to ruin his career.. life's a trip..

phxspurfan
06-11-2019, 01:07 AM
Zaza Karma comes full circle.

Not really they have 3 (?) rings

UZER
06-11-2019, 01:08 AM
I said in another thread, people gonna say “see, Kawhi was right to sit out last season. Look what happened to KD.”

It’s coming.

phxspurfan
06-11-2019, 01:11 AM
Blessing in disguise for the Dubs, that Achilles may end up keeping the entire gang together for another year or two. Especially if they come back and win they’ll say it’s for him

phxspurfan
06-11-2019, 01:13 AM
I said in another thread, people gonna say “see, Kawhi was right to sit out last season. Look what happened to KD.”

It’s coming.

No problem with him declaring himself out for the year. Instead he didn’t let the team declare him out for the year, then shit on the front office and demanded a trade to only LA. Also was a no show during the entire playoff chase and playoffs. No comparison.

loveforthegame
06-11-2019, 01:17 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/1138324532333142016

DMC
06-11-2019, 01:23 AM
He wasn't ready to return. This is what happens when you don't let sleeping dogs lie.

DMC
06-11-2019, 01:23 AM
Blessing in disguise for the Dubs, that Achilles may end up keeping the entire gang together for another year or two. Especially if they come back and win they’ll say it’s for him

That's useless if he doesn't play for 12 months.

Ice009
06-11-2019, 01:36 AM
Wow. If he tore his Achilles, this is freaking crazy. If they rushed him back, then I wonder what the repercussions would be? This could possibly ruin his career.

FrostKing
06-11-2019, 02:02 AM
They are the new Heat. Anything short of a 3-peat and it will always be "but...."

They should all go their separate ways. They are all just hurting their own legacies at this point

Jonnyblue19
06-11-2019, 02:03 AM
With advancement in technology nowadays he could be back in 9-12 months. Stems cells can help as well especially the way they are being studied and used. He will be back it will probably be the end of next year though.

This ends up hurting the Knicks more than anyone considering he wouldn't be able to help them for the most part of next year if he went there. If he stays with the Warriors they would be able to survive until he comes back.

ducks
06-11-2019, 02:11 AM
Classy org
Wonder how this will effect getting free
Agents

Will Thompson bolt now?
Will all players get 3 doctor s take

anon
06-11-2019, 02:42 AM
This happened on the light years ahead organization too. Looks like Kawhi is more vindicated than ever to protect his career from the meddling hands of a franchise's medical staff. The bottom line is it's still ownership who cut the checks of the team doctors, and ownership have their own priorities. I hope Durant sues Joe Lacob and the executive board for gross negligence at the minimum, criminal culpability to medical malpractice at max.

Jonnyblue19
06-11-2019, 03:17 AM
This happened on the light years ahead organization too. Looks like Kawhi is more vindicated than ever to protect his career from the meddling hands of a franchise's medical staff. The bottom line is it's still ownership who cut the checks of the team doctors, and ownership have their own priorities. I hope Durant sues Joe Lacob and the executive board for gross negligence at the minimum, criminal culpability to medical malpractice at max.

Sue him? He still will be offered the max from the Knicks if he wants it.

anon
06-11-2019, 03:58 AM
Sue him? He still will be offered the max from the Knicks if he wants it.
So what, that Dolan's business. Dolan wasn't taking out full page broadsheet ads and talking to Stephen A. Smith guaranteeing Durant would not miss the Finals, Lacob was.

endrity
06-11-2019, 04:48 AM
He is more than justified to opt-in, and heal on company time now.

But this is a difficult injury which might have ruined his peak level forever. He'll still be a great shooter, but I wonder if he will be ever to move as fluidly as he does for a 7-footer ever again. There is no good track record with any of this.

LkrFan
06-11-2019, 05:05 AM

He has a $31 million player option

Uriel
06-11-2019, 05:22 AM
Didn’t he suffer a Jones Fracture before? Then people were saying the same thing, that he would never be the same player again. That ended up not being true.

Durant will most likely opt into his contract, rehab for nine months, then return to the court by March 2020. By then, he’ll be leading the Warriors in another playoff run. This could be a blessing in disguise for GS, who were seen as likely to lose him in free agency, but will now get to keep him for another year at least.

baseline bum
06-11-2019, 05:24 AM
He is more than justified to opt-in, and heal on company time now.

But this is a difficult injury which might have ruined his peak level forever. He'll still be a great shooter, but I wonder if he will be ever to move as fluidly as he does for a 7-footer ever again. There is no good track record with any of this.

Might have? His career as a superstar is over.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0ErLeqamV3UOARsA/giphy.gif

AchillesHeel
06-11-2019, 05:46 AM
Didn’t he suffer a Jones Fracture before? Then people were saying the same thing, that he would never be the same player again. That ended up not being true.

Durant will most likely opt into his contract, rehab for nine months, then return to the court by March 2020. By then, he’ll be leading the Warriors in another playoff run. This could be a blessing in disguise for GS, who were seen as likely to lose him in free agency, but will now get to keep him for another year at least.

I could see this happening, though I would expect desperate teams like the Knicks and Lakers to offer him a 4-year max of 164 mil, which could be tempting for him if the Warriors start to low-ball due to the achilles. Warriors need to throw the supermax at him right now because otherwise they'll be riding an aged version of the 2015 squad with no Harrison Barnes and a bunch of vet min players, Iguodala's already washed as is Livingston.

LkrFan
06-11-2019, 06:02 AM
This assuredly will affect the Dubs in the present and future, salary cap wise. If the Dubs go on and cut down the nets, Klay AND Donkey presumably would have played major roles. Both will want maxes and deservedly so.

Enter KD's $31.5 million dollar player option for next season. I'm 100% certain he'll execute it if his Achilles is torn then heal on company time.

I know their owners are loaded, but, Chef is on a supermax, Donkey and Klay both gets a max, and have to pay KD to be the most expensive cheerleader in the world? The luxury taxes will be huge - and might make them blink on Donkey, at least.

I was also thinking after KD bolts for NY it would open up his $31 million to fill holes on their bench (who are slowly turning into TOSBs before our eyes :lol). Now they can't sign new blood that's of any significance to fortify their bench - to bring back their core.

Light Years Ahead, Inc, has some tough decisions to make this offseason.

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-11-2019, 06:34 AM
I admit I thought him going to the Warriors was weak as hell but that is sad what happened. I never want to see stuff like this happen to people and it's even sadder with this situation because he was really trying to help his team. Smh.

Sad shit

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-11-2019, 06:36 AM

It’s coming.

Of course it is

baseline bum
06-11-2019, 06:44 AM
This assuredly will affect the Dubs in the present and future, salary cap wise. If the Dubs go on and cut down the nets, Klay AND Donkey presumably would have played major roles. Both will want maxes and deservedly so.

Enter KD's $31.5 million dollar player option for next season. I'm 100% certain he'll execute it if his Achilles is torn then heal on company time.

I know their owners are loaded, but, Chef is on a supermax, Donkey and Klay both gets a max, and have to pay KD to be the most expensive cheerleader in the world? The luxury taxes will be huge - and might make them blink on Donkey, at least.

I was also thinking after KD bolts for NY it would open up his $31 million to fill holes on their bench (who are slowly turning into TOSBs before our eyes :lol). Now they can't sign new blood that's of any significance to fortify their bench - to bring back their core.

Light Years Ahead, Inc, has some tough decisions to make this offseason.

Green can't opt out this summer. Only Klay and Servant. Also if Durant walked it wouldn't have opened up a cent of capspace.

LkrFan
06-11-2019, 07:11 AM
Green can't opt out this summer. Only Klay and Servant. Also if Durant walked it wouldn't have opened up a cent of capspace.

Even worse for them then :lol

Fabbs
06-11-2019, 08:14 AM
Does this mean Durants continued show down with VanVleet is off?
KD gangsta as hell starin down VV.
Addins to his legacy.

benefactor
06-11-2019, 08:27 AM
Fuck that faggot. I hope his career is over.

Jigsaw
06-11-2019, 08:28 AM

:lol what

RGMCSE
06-11-2019, 08:28 AM
Wow. If he tore his Achilles, this is freaking crazy. If they rushed him back, then I wonder what the repercussions would be? This could possibly ruin his career.

Lol I have no sympathy.

baseline bum
06-11-2019, 08:31 AM

Possibly? His career is destroyed if that's a tear. Damn their doctors really fucked up. Everyone immediately thought achilles in the Houston series so how could they not see that? And fuck them, I'm glad karma bit them in the ass after they fucked the Spurs over by taking Leonard out in the 2017 WCF.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2019, 08:43 AM
Possibly? His career is destroyed if that's a tear. Damn their doctors really fucked up. Everyone immediately thought achilles in the Houston series so how could they not see that? And fuck them, I'm glad karma bit them in the ass after they fucked the Spurs over by taking Leonard out in the 2017 WCF.
Not only that. They didn’t even put him in a minutes restriction after an injury like that. They declared him a full go. They also cleared Looney to play with a broken collarbone in which he re injured himself. Desperation.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2019, 08:44 AM
GS media was also pressuring him to play.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2019, 08:48 AM
And this wasn’t even a situation where GS was going for their first ring. Already having been there multiple times still decided to risk his career.

Play Boban
06-11-2019, 08:55 AM
Tony Parker's injury was 100 times worse than Durant's.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2019, 09:07 AM
And here it comes. Durant experienced foot discomfort during rehab

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/254152/Kevin-Durant-Had-Discomfort-Pushing-Off-Right-Foot-Throughout-Rehab

Thebesteva
06-11-2019, 09:09 AM
LOL Knicks fans are cursed

djohn2oo8
06-11-2019, 09:10 AM
LOL Knicks fans are cursed
Then they will get to watch Kyrie end up with Brooklyn.

vavvi
06-11-2019, 09:17 AM
Yeah. The lesson as always is...

Knicks will find a way to suck even when it's seemingly impossible

NASpurs
06-11-2019, 09:23 AM
First TP retiring and now this? It's been a pretty good past 24 hours.

*edit*

Oh and Messina accepted a head coaching job in Italy. The sun seems to be extra bright today.

Chris Fall
06-11-2019, 09:28 AM

Those doctors should be fired immediately. Everyone saw how bad the first injury was. And even if it was mostly a calf injury, those doctors should know damn well how connected the calf muscle is to the Achilles’ tendon. And how foreseeable a vulnerable calf could compromise the Achilles. What kind of doctors did they consult with? Voodoo witch doctors?

spursreport
06-11-2019, 09:30 AM
Doesn’t matter. The Raptors gave the Warriors life again. They blew it.

DarrinS
06-11-2019, 09:34 AM
It was only a matter of time before he blew one of those toothpicks out.

Clipper Nation
06-11-2019, 09:36 AM
It's always sad to see a career-derailing injury like this. In all honesty, Durant's sensitivity came back to bite him in the ass on this one. He clearly wasn't ready to play yet, but he rushed himself back because he was butthurt at what the local media was saying about him. Maybe this will be what makes him grow a pair and stop obsessing over what people say about him on social media.

On a side note, Raptors fans are classless faggots for cheering his injury. Their first taste of success and they turn into Laker fans.

Clipper Nation
06-11-2019, 09:41 AM

A Jones fracture is not an Achilles tear. The track record on NBA players coming back from a torn Achilles is not good. Dominique Wilkins is the only player who's ever even come close to regaining his pre-Achilles form. Maybe KD will pull a Nique, but the odds are heavily stacked against it.

JohnnyMax
06-11-2019, 09:41 AM

Seventyniner
06-11-2019, 09:57 AM

Pop did the same with TD in 2000.

Killakobe81
06-11-2019, 09:57 AM
Those doctors should be fired immediately. Everyone saw how bad the first injury was. And even if it was mostly a calf injury, those doctors should know damn well how connected the calf muscle is to the Achilles’ tendon. And how foreseeable a vulnerable calf could compromise the Achilles. What kind of doctors did they consult with? Voodoo witch doctors?

Agree 1000%
Also his agent fucking sucks

resistanze
06-11-2019, 09:58 AM
This idiot with rabbit ears just ruined his warrior over some Bay Area tech fruitcakes. GSW medical staff and Myers needs to get fired.

resistanze
06-11-2019, 10:00 AM
It looks especially bad considering Warriors were not transparent at all about KD's initial injury (grade 2 calf? Achilles strain?) and media narrative was pushing the team was 'frustrated' about his recovery.

Killakobe81
06-11-2019, 10:02 AM
A Jones fracture is not an Achilles tear. The track record on NBA players coming back from a torn Achilles is not good. Dominique Wilkins is the only player who's ever even come close to regaining his pre-Achilles form. Maybe KD will pull a Nique, but the odds are heavily stacked against it.

And I was a Nique fan he was good ... But was not even close to prime Nique... Credit to him for adjusting his game for the loss of explosion and modern medicine is 100x better but KD will never be the same. I think he had surpassed Bird but it's debatable... Now some will say he never may... Also he had a shot at surpassing a bunch of legends on all-time scoring list.

AlexJones
06-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Obviously GSW shouldn't have cleared him but it's not like they forced him to play. KD was playing for his legacy. He thought the payoff of coming back down 3-1 to lead his team was worth the risk. There is no way that KD's camp was against it.

Different story if it were Kawhi

picnroll
06-11-2019, 10:16 AM
Although a torn Achilles could cost Durant the entire 2019-20 season, Marks said he spoke with three teams, and all of them remain willing to pursue KD in free agency: “I said … If you had cap space, would you go out and sign Kevin Durant knowing that he will likely be out maybe the whole year? And the resounding answer was ‘yes.’ Each of the teams also said that they wouldn’t even put any injury language in there for maybe years three and four to protect. So, yes, there will be a marketplace for Kevin Durant this summer, either with a team for four years, $141 million dollars or even back in Golden State here.” – via Bleacher Report

djohn2oo8
06-11-2019, 10:20 AM
Although a torn Achilles could cost Durant the entire 2019-20 season, Marks said he spoke with three teams, and all of them remain willing to pursue KD in free agency: “I said … If you had cap space, would you go out and sign Kevin Durant knowing that he will likely be out maybe the whole year? And the resounding answer was ‘yes.’ Each of the teams also said that they wouldn’t even put any injury language in there for maybe years three and four to protect. So, yes, there will be a marketplace for Kevin Durant this summer, either with a team for four years, $141 million dollars or even back in Golden State here.” – via Bleacher Report
Once you Tear it once, good luck with recurring injuries

Arcadian
06-11-2019, 10:21 AM
Did he get his MRI yet?

Chris Fall
06-11-2019, 10:28 AM
Once you Tear it once, good luck with recurring injuries

Not necessarily true with Achilles surgery.

Talked to a guy I played basketball with who had surgery to repair his Achilles. If he didn't get surgery and just rehabbed naturally, they told him it was something like 95% chance he'd reinjure it again in the future. BUT, if he got surgery, it was like the opposite, 90-something% chance he'd have no more Achilles injuries. Now that doesn't mean you get back to 100% the way it was before, with mobility and range of motion. But surgery generally means there's a good chance you DON'T reinjure or reaggravate it.

HarlemHeat37
06-11-2019, 10:32 AM
Rudy Gay looked better than expected following his tear, and he's in his 30s and a far lesser player than Durant..there's some hope..

DAF86
06-11-2019, 10:34 AM
That's without a doubt an achilles injury.

When you look back as if somebody hit you back there, it is the unequivocally sign of an achilles' rapture.

It was obvious that 2nd round injury was achilles this whole time. I called it back then as soon as it happened and you tell me the doctors couldn't tell? I would sue the Warriors if I were Durant.

DAF86
06-11-2019, 10:49 AM
Pop did the same with TD in 2000.

And Kawhi in 2017. And look how that fucker payed us.

Chris Fall
06-11-2019, 10:59 AM
It was obvious that 2nd round injury was achilles this whole time. I called it back then as soon as it happened and you tell me the doctors couldn't tell? I would sue the Warriors if I were Durant.

It wasn’t a torn Achilles the first time. You can barely even walk on a torn Achilles. And it’s a severe limp even on just a strained Achilles because it hurts to bend your foot on a strained Achilles.

The calf muscle and the Achilles are closely related. The Achilles essentially connects the calf muscle to the heel bone. The first injury could have very well been just a calf injury. But a vulnerable calf muscle absolutely compromised the Achilles.

There were plenty of people, in the media and on social media, guessing the first injury was an Achilles. I don’t think he would have been able to come back and play at all if it were. The first injury likely was mostly calf muscle related.

AlexJones
06-11-2019, 11:09 AM
Durant has his own personal medical team.

SpursforSix
06-11-2019, 11:10 AM
Did he get his MRI yet?

Yes. It confirmed that he's a bitch.

UZER
06-11-2019, 11:17 AM
Everyone feeling sorry for Durant like “poor guy hurt himself trying to prove he people wrong saying stuff about him.”

Durant created the demons that haunt him by joining the 73 win Warriors. He made that bed.

AlexJones
06-11-2019, 11:21 AM

Looks like he already made his decision

djohn2oo8
06-11-2019, 11:27 AM

Looks like he already made his decision
Yep.

Chucho
06-11-2019, 11:29 AM

UZER
06-11-2019, 11:33 AM
Jalen Rose said Durant was bullied by media and fans :cry

djohn2oo8
06-11-2019, 11:36 AM
Jalen Rose said Durant was bullied by media and fans :cry
Lol Screaming A Smith literally went on TV begging KD to return for game 5.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2019, 11:39 AM

Golden States own writers

djohn2oo8
06-11-2019, 11:41 AM

yes there were stories coming about him not fighting hard enough to play

Keepin' it real
06-11-2019, 11:44 AM

If it's on Twitter it must be true.

DMC
06-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Where's Chef Curry and Benoit? Where's all the GS alt faggots?

Keepin' it real
06-11-2019, 11:56 AM

I think she meant butt hurt.

UZER
06-11-2019, 11:58 AM
Lol Screaming A Smith literally went on TV begging KD to return for game 5.

Golden States own writers

yes there were stories coming about him not fighting hard enough to play

That’s questioning, not bullying. :lol

And again, Durant created his whole insecure fishbowl by running to the 73 win Warriors.

Keepin' it real
06-11-2019, 11:59 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/26/4f/46/264f4643b186da03f7ddb7816f4fb8d4.jpg

Killakobe81
06-11-2019, 11:59 AM

Talked to a guy I played basketball with who had surgery to repair his Achilles. If he didn't get surgery and just rehabbed naturally, they told him it was something like 95% chance he'd reinjure it again in the future. BUT, if he got surgery, it was like the opposite, 90-something% chance he'd have no more Achilles injuries. Now that doesn't mean you get back to 100% the way it was before, with mobility and range of motion. But surgery generally means there's a good chance you DON'T reinjure or reaggravate it.

I think what dude was saying it may lead to other nagging injuries not that the Achilles will rupture or tear again.

Keepin' it real
06-11-2019, 12:02 PM

Talked to a guy I played basketball with

Stopped reading right there.

Killakobe81
06-11-2019, 12:04 PM
That’s questioning, not bullying. :lol

And again, Durant created his whole insecure fishbowl by running to the 73 win Warriors.

I get that t and it was beta, pussy whatever... No matter what you think of his antics/persona we as fans of the sport and he as one of the elite scorers in NBA history just lost one of his prime years... Maybe I shouldn't feel bad for him (he has a thirty million player option) but for the sport itself.

Will Hunting
06-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Imo playing him was still the right move. He helped them get off to a hot start such that Toronto was playing from behind the entire night, and prior to the Achilles injury he looked pretty damn close to 100%. If he doesn’t play Toronto goes into that game with all of the momentum and Golden State could have easily folded.

DMC
06-11-2019, 12:17 PM

:lmao

DMC
06-11-2019, 12:18 PM
Imo playing him was still the right move. He helped them get off to a hot start such that Toronto was playing from behind the entire night, and prior to the Achilles injury he looked pretty damn close to 100%. If he doesn’t play Toronto goes into that game with all of the momentum and Golden State could have easily folded.

Yes, and a max deal is a max deal. He could have started the RS next year after losing the Finals and torn it in the 1st game.

FkLA
06-11-2019, 12:31 PM
Pop would've shut him down for the year during the HOU series, tbh.

Will Hunting
06-11-2019, 12:36 PM
Yes, and a max deal is a max deal. He could have started the RS next year after losing the Finals and torn it in the 1st game.
Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me here..

Capt Bringdown
06-11-2019, 12:55 PM
Durant may have done what was needed to get GS another ring.
Highly improbable that Toronto can win game 6 on the road.
Splash bros own game 7's.
GS in 7, ugh.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2019, 12:57 PM
Durant may have done what was needed to get GS another ring.
Highly improbable that Toronto can win game 6 on the road.
Splash bros own game 7's.
GS in 7, ugh.
Toronto won two in Oracle already. Without Durant and Looney.

UZER
06-11-2019, 12:59 PM

DMC: “Yes”

Capt Bringdown
06-11-2019, 01:11 PM
Toronto won two in Oracle already. Without Durant and Looney.

Ja, but I don't see them beating GS for a 3rd straight time at Oracle.
Also, expect some carryover from game 5. Toronto knows they blew their best chance at winning.

SpursforSix
06-11-2019, 01:20 PM

Lol. For real.

whitemamba
06-11-2019, 01:25 PM
Shit blows if your a basketball fan. I feel for KD, hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Will Hunting
06-11-2019, 01:42 PM
Anyone who thinks he's going to have to pick up his player option is retarded, NY will still be desperate enough to offer him a max deal.

GrapplingYautja
06-11-2019, 01:49 PM
This snake shed his skin and people are feeling sympathy for this fuck?

Hopefully he's a shell of who he used to be when he returns.

SAGirl
06-11-2019, 01:50 PM
Rudy Gay looked better than expected following his tear, and he's in his 30s and a far lesser player than Durant..there's some hope..

I thought of him too. But that first season after he came back he was troubled by bursitis and missed a ton of games due to that (could be unrelated but who knows when someone's body starts breaking down naturally)... as you know he had minutes managed that season. Even with Kawhi out, he averaged in the vecinity of 25 minutes if that. This past season he was healthier and even with SA need of wing players, he still had minutes managed. I remember Bryn Forbes getting played a lot more.... (maybe selective memory but you get my point).

Now, Pop is extremely careful with players and their injuries. Somewhere else Rudy Gay might have been back to at least 29 minutes per game... but would he have played as many games at that rate?

I guess, my concern is with Durant starting a trend of breaking down from here. I am not a GSW fan but definitely hate players getting injured. Waters down the NBA product for sure.

AlexJones
06-11-2019, 02:10 PM

Way less usage rate and minutes though

anon
06-11-2019, 02:28 PM
:lmao
:toast

Respect for Nellie. I think Kerr knew what he was doing was reprehensible and extremely risky, that's why he sat down a much healthier Thompson for Game 3, so if the Durant play did indeed backfire, he could have something on record he could point to that see, he did care about his players, being a former player himself and for Pop no less. I think Kerr was just overruled by a higher-up and he didn't have Nellie's cachet or backbone to refuse.

phxspurfan
06-11-2019, 03:00 PM
Anyone who thinks he's going to have to pick up his player option is retarded, NY will still be desperate enough to offer him a max deal.

That would be beyond hilarious and very NY Knicks if they offered him a max going into an Achilles at age 32. Coming back at almost age 34, with 12/13 seasons of mileage on his legs, KD coming back to 70-80% of his pre injury production is expectable. And that doesn't include the quickness/stamina dropoff expected due to aging to mid 30s.

UZER
06-11-2019, 03:00 PM
It’s entirely possible that Durant was half assing his rehab for a month, started feeling the heat when his teammates started complaining, then completely rushed back and hurt himself. I don’t think the grumblings were coming out of thin air.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2019, 03:42 PM

:lol

djohn2oo8
06-11-2019, 03:48 PM

Jonnyblue19
06-11-2019, 03:58 PM
Good news for KD is he will already be New York when he signs with the Knicks.

DAF86
06-11-2019, 04:51 PM
It wasn’t a torn Achilles the first time. You can barely even walk on a torn Achilles. And it’s a severe limp even on just a strained Achilles because it hurts to bend your foot on a strained Achilles.

The calf muscle and the Achilles are closely related. The Achilles essentially connects the calf muscle to the heel bone. The first injury could have very well been just a calf injury. But a vulnerable calf muscle absolutely compromised the Achilles.

There were plenty of people, in the media and on social media, guessing the first injury was an Achilles. I don’t think he would have been able to come back and play at all if it were. The first injury likely was mostly calf muscle related.

Of course it wasn't a full blown achilles injury back then, but anybody that played organized sports before, and has seen those type of injuries first hand, knew at that moment that something got fucked up with his achilles. That type of reaction is unmistakable. The fact that Warriors' doctors said there wasn't a chance for further damage is some major malpractice.

baseline bum
06-11-2019, 04:56 PM

I hope New York still signs him to a 35% of the cap max deal. Or even better Golden State does.

Mugen
06-11-2019, 05:06 PM
First TP retiring and now this? It's been a pretty good past 24 hours.

*edit*

Oh and Messina accepted a head coaching job in Italy. The sun seems to be extra bright today.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2019, 05:18 PM
Of course it wasn't a full blown achilles injury back then, but anybody that played organized sports before, and has seen those type of injuries first hand, knew at that moment that something got fucked up with his achilles. That type of reaction is unmistakable. The fact that Warriors' doctors said there wasn't a chance for further damage is some major malpractice.
Yeah the first time he had ice around his Achilles. It was never his calf

Spurtacular
06-11-2019, 05:19 PM

Uneducated athletes need to stop doing their own tweets.

Spurtacular
06-11-2019, 05:29 PM

It's not that desperate when you consider that it's probably minor as far as achilles tears go (was probably already torn and GSW just releasing that now); and the long term benefits are obvious to say nothing of the fact that he could be in the playoffs next season.

Dverde
06-11-2019, 06:31 PM
I think this the end KD being a top 5 player. He can still shoot and has great length for defense.

LkrFan
06-11-2019, 07:48 PM

:wow

spurraider21
06-11-2019, 08:35 PM
eh, kobe came back and was just as good as he ever was tbh

widowmaker
06-11-2019, 08:36 PM
Good FTB.

Mark Celibate
06-11-2019, 08:49 PM
It's always sad to see a career-derailing injury like this. In all honesty, Durant's sensitivity came back to bite him in the ass on this one. He clearly wasn't ready to play yet, but he rushed himself back because he was butthurt at what the local media was saying about him. Maybe this will be what makes him grow a pair and stop obsessing over what people say about him on social media.

On a side note, Raptors fans are classless faggots for cheering his injury. Their first taste of success and they turn into Laker fans.

:lol they were one game away from being eliminated in the Finals. It's not like he was rushing back in mid-January

DMC
06-11-2019, 09:56 PM

Agreeing. You gotta get the chip.

Legacy
06-11-2019, 10:02 PM
The team that wins game 5 usually wins the series, imo. GS shoved that monkey wrench HARD up the Raps asses. If the Worriors don't win the 'ship than that dirty play was all for nothing. :lol

Seventyniner
06-11-2019, 10:21 PM

:wow

We all knew this was coming but it still hits like a load of bricks. I think this doesn't even include Boogie.

Fabbs
06-11-2019, 10:24 PM
No comments from the board on this largest phaggot in the NBA deciding to *mix it up* with the smallest player on the court -Van Vleet.

Durbettas POAT (pussiest) legend grows.

Saved by the injury. The beef might have spilled over into Game 6 and 7. :rollin

djohn2oo8
06-12-2019, 11:14 AM

lefty
06-12-2019, 02:04 PM

K...
06-12-2019, 03:01 PM

Is that good?

SpursforSix
06-12-2019, 03:11 PM

Is that good?

Yes, the fact that it's ruptured instead of strained is a positive sign.

Mugen
06-12-2019, 03:13 PM

Is that good?

:lol What?

baseline bum
06-12-2019, 03:18 PM

Is that good?

Of course. That fucker is never going to be a top 20 player again.

RD2191
06-12-2019, 03:24 PM

Is that good?

No, no it isn't. :lol

FkLA
06-12-2019, 04:46 PM
For all you internet doctors, would this have gone away with the rest if he would've been ruled out for the playoffs? Or is a rupture inevitable once achilles problems begin and it would've only been a matter of time?

Will Hunting
06-12-2019, 05:07 PM
For all you internet doctors, would this have gone away with the rest if he would've been ruled out for the playoffs? Or is a rupture inevitable once achilles problems begin and it would've only been a matter of time?
Good question. I just asked my friend who's cousin's husband played basketball in middle school (so clearly he's an expert on this) and he says there was a 73.7% chance this could have gone away with rest.

Mark Celibate
06-12-2019, 05:45 PM

Might need to ask the Good Doctor on this one tbh imho

Rummpd ​where u at brah?

Will Hunting
06-12-2019, 05:53 PM

Rummpd ​where u at brah?
:lmao I forgot about the good doctor

baseline bum
06-12-2019, 06:06 PM
No, no it isn't. :lol

You disappoint me Rob. I think it's great.

Play Boban
06-12-2019, 06:09 PM
Today’s nba smh back in my day they played through ruptured Achilles like it was nothing. Crybaby primadonas today.

Rummpd
06-12-2019, 06:43 PM

Rummpd ​where u at brah?

If was just a strain it could have healed over time; but word was it was a calf injury. One does wonder if him favoring that injury set him up for this one. My guess since he went to NY not CA - is he may have been evaluated at the Hospital for Special Surgery near Cornell arguably the best and most famous elite ortho and sports medicine place in US

LkrFan
06-12-2019, 06:45 PM

Nets surgeon operated on him. ESPNLA is reporting the Dubs didn't know :wow

UZER
06-12-2019, 06:51 PM

Why send out that woeful pic? :lol

chunticakes
06-12-2019, 07:23 PM

Will he be back for game 6? I heard the doctors already cleared him to play.

Fabbs
06-12-2019, 07:47 PM
Well for openers he does look genuinely bummed. That being said, ya why send out the photo.

It's what most kids do nowadays.
Victim mentality.
Might be all liarwyered up by now, being coached.

Altho I think the Golden Phaggots made him some very sweet offer under the table to keep quiet. Unless they had some "you can't touch us you agree to play" paperwork prior to the injury. A pro sport injury Dr. I know found Bob Meyers speech to be an act.

Beartrucci
06-12-2019, 08:44 PM
:lol people on the internet and media suggesting the two injuries might not have been related

I can't believe he just possibly sacrificed his career for those guys...10 fucking minutes.

K...
06-12-2019, 08:53 PM

it's from the instagram and he talks about "I did this, I'm an alpha, blah blah"

Seventyniner
06-12-2019, 09:20 PM
Will he be back for game 6? I heard the doctors already cleared him to play.

lefty20
06-12-2019, 10:51 PM
Good question. I just asked my friend who's cousin's husband played basketball in middle school (so clearly he's an expert on this) and he says there was a 73.7% chance this could have gone away with rest.

That statistic is outdated. Recent studies put it at an exact 83% chance.

Fabbs
06-12-2019, 11:07 PM
For all you internet doctors, would this have gone away with the rest if he would've been ruled out for the playoffs? Or is a rupture inevitable once achilles problems begin and it would've only been a matter of time?:
Real Pro Dr.:

Icing the back of his foot and achilles while he sat out in 1st qtr was bad bad medicine. The person with the injury then loses feel and thus doesn't lighten up when pain signals come. Pain signals are literally numbed out from the icing, even if temp. That's why when Durant planted his foot he probably felt like he could dig in per usual.

Now as to your point about would it have happened later? Perhaps, but he certainly would have healed up more with more time. Hence it was way way better to have not played. The fact that he kept walking, even jogging a little after the initial injury means it was not a blow out achillies at the time. In other words good sign as far as blowing achilles go. Contrast with phaggot Kobme etc. Kobes was walking with much difficulty when he blew his out.

Rummpd
06-13-2019, 11:07 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26958458/durant-undergoes-surgery-ruptured-achilles

I called where / famous hospital for special surgery - best in world!

Keepin' it real
06-13-2019, 02:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmzkxHxVYAAc95J.jpg

Legacy
06-13-2019, 11:32 PM
The team that wins game 5 usually wins the series, imo. GS shoved that monkey wrench HARD up the Raps asses. If the Worriors don't win the 'ship than that dirty play was all for nothing. :lol