View Full Version : Nets: Boston Herald: Irving to the Nets

djohn2oo8
06-13-2019, 05:25 PM

Play Boban
06-13-2019, 05:28 PM
Stephen A is going to explode.

baseline bum
06-13-2019, 05:36 PM
So what comes of Russell? Honestly I wouldn't be that thrilled to sign Irving after the act he pulled this season.

DC23
06-13-2019, 05:39 PM
So what comes of Russell? Honestly I wouldn't be that thrilled to sign Irving after the act he pulled this season.
I don't believe they can co-exist. They'll certainly let him go in free agency, right? Big mistake IMO.

timtonymanu
06-13-2019, 05:42 PM
Damn I was liking the Nets core and now it's gonna be ruined by him.

Joseph Kony
06-13-2019, 05:46 PM
LOL way to ruin an up and coming team. sucks that D-Lo is basically getting thanked for his good season with Brooklyn by being replaced by a more expensive, older, injury prone cancerous PG :lmao

SuperCam
06-13-2019, 06:00 PM
if he can make second team on a squad getting dragged down by affirmative action hayward minutes, imagine what he can do without white scrubs ruining the offense :wow

gambit1990
06-13-2019, 06:18 PM
perfect team for him to sabotage next :lol

Will Hunting
06-13-2019, 06:26 PM
Yeah I don't understand why NJ would do that when there's no way Irving and Russell can co-exist. Boston should push for a sign and trade where they get him.

Not a contender but the starting lineup of D'Tective, Brown, Hayward and Tatum would be really fun to watch and would be an improvement over this year's clusterfuck.

Chris Fall
06-13-2019, 06:35 PM
Russell can become a restricted free agent so maybe they let him walk. But I actually think they do fit together. Kyrie is more of a scorer than facilitator. Russell can still play lead guard with Kyrie, and they share ball handling responsibilities.

As for why, maybe Brooklyn feels Kyrie is the best way to lure another star player to come, whereas if they didn’t get Kyrie, maybe no other big name free agent wants to come. Even if it’s not Durant, maybe they’re eyeing someone like Jimmy Butler.

Killakobe81
06-13-2019, 06:45 PM
Russell can become a restricted free agent so maybe they let him walk. But I actually think they do fit together. Kyrie is more of a scorer than facilitator. Russell can still play lead guard with Kyrie, and they share ball handling responsibilities.

As for why, maybe Brooklyn feels Kyrie is the best way to lure another star player to come, whereas if they didn’t get Kyrie, maybe no other big name free agent wants to come. Even if it’s not Durant, maybe they’re eyeing someone like Jimmy Butler.

Offensively could work but Nets also just extended Dimwidde... But defensively that would be in contention for worst defensive backcourt.

Killakobe81
06-13-2019, 06:47 PM
Also even though Kyrie is more scorer than PG DRUSS thrives in pnr and Kyrie one on one... Sure Russell can shoot well enough to play off ball but he is a rhythm guy and needs pnr to get that going... I font think it works long-term

namlook
06-14-2019, 03:02 AM

I don't think they fit. Russell is also more of a scorer and needs to be ball dominant to play his best.

LkrFan
06-14-2019, 05:01 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/8fen5LSZcHQ5O/giphy.gif

LkrFan
06-14-2019, 05:04 AM

Oh now his name is Russell? I thought it was D'Bust or D'Snitch? :downspin:

baseline bum
06-14-2019, 06:15 AM
Oh now his name is Russell? I thought it was D'Bust or D'Snitch? :downspin:

He became a decent player once leaving that trainwreck. Who would have guessed?

LkrFan
06-14-2019, 08:30 AM
He became a decent player once leaving that trainwreck. Who would have guessed?

:lol

The Lakers deserve that. No way in hell they should have traded him. No way in hell they should have drafted Longo. Could have had Tatum and Kuz getting served up by D'Lo. Fuck! :lmao