PDA

View Full Version : But but but who’s gonna replace Pop...

UZER
06-13-2019, 11:01 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Nick fucking Nurse just rang.

TheGreatYacht
06-13-2019, 11:14 PM
Coaches don't matter. The hard working black players do. Popovich, Ty Lue, and Nurse prove that

K...
06-13-2019, 11:23 PM
Pop can build a team of losers into a good team. Kawhi acts like a typical pop player but wanted star treatment. The Spurs aren't likely to get stars, but for good sakes if we do, please don't be mute

RD2191
06-13-2019, 11:25 PM
Coaching is overrated in today's NBA, or maybe it always has been. If anything Pop just gets in the way tbh.

UZER
06-13-2019, 11:27 PM
Pop is bigger than the Spurs now. Too big.

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2019, 11:37 PM
clown to buzy chasing his own records and coaching team usa

doubt he cares if the spurs will ring again, he clearly needs to go

rather spend next few years tanking and building the roster up again with new mindset

John B
06-13-2019, 11:40 PM
Bunch of ungrateful fans after 22 years playoff appearance, 5 rings. Geez

TheGreatYacht
06-13-2019, 11:41 PM
We're all grateful for Duncan and Parker. The ungrateful fans are the short Mexicans that wish the worst for FMVP Kawhi

SpurOutofTownFan
06-13-2019, 11:46 PM
We're all grateful for Duncan and Parker. The ungrateful fans are the short Mexicans that wish the worst for FMVP Kawhi

You are the epitome of an ungrateful fan, newbie

You stand by your record

tonski17
06-14-2019, 01:22 AM
Congrats kawhi for the championship. But that LOB will be back in San Antonio in a few years. GO SPURS GO! Pop still the GOAT:bobo

Gamechannel
06-14-2019, 01:31 AM
You are the epitome of an ungrateful fan, newbie

You stand by your record

I'm just so baffled. People on here act like Pop has never won anything with this franchise.

We are truly the ONLY franchise in the last 2 decades that has won championships with core players they drafted and developed. None of our championships have been with any major Free Agent signings. We have earned our championships and not traded for them or purchased them through free agency. And for all his faults, Pop still has a big role in those championships for he helped in developing the core.

I don't know what people expect? They expect the Spurs to throw away years of culture they have cultivated internally within the organization to obey one player and his entourage and do everything to keep him happy. Guess what? Even if they had submitted to his wishes and given him whatever he wanted, a couple of years later he would have come up with something else to be unhappy about. It's just the way it goes with drama queens. Once you give in, it never stops.

I have been mad at pop on many occasions for his head scratching coaching decisions. But every fucking coach would make decisions that only they can rationalize and which in hindsight were stupid moves. But that doesn't mean we discredit everything else he has done for the franchise.

Is Pop perfect? No. Will firing Pop change the way Spurs are run? No.

UZER
06-14-2019, 01:38 AM
I'm just so baffled. People on here act like Pop has never won anything with this franchise.

We are truly the ONLY franchise in the last 2 decades that has won championships with core players they drafted and developed. None of our championships have been with any major Free Agent signings. We have earned our championships and not traded for them or purchased them through free agency. And for all his faults, Pop still has a big role in those championships for he helped in developing the core.

I don't know what people expect? They expect the Spurs to throw away years of culture they have cultivated internally within the organization to obey one player and his entourage and do everything to keep him happy. Guess what? Even if they had submitted to his wishes and given him whatever he wanted, a couple of years later he would have come up with something else to be unhappy about. It's just the way it goes with drama queens. Once you give in, it never stops.

I have been mad at pop on many occasions for his head scratching coaching decisions. But every fucking coach would make decisions that only they can rationalize and which in hindsight were stupid moves. But that doesn't mean we discredit everything else he has done for the franchise.

People expect a 70 year Pop who has nothing left to prove, and now coaches that way, and throws money at undeserving players that way, to just fucking retire already. It’s not that hard to understand.

It’s just time to move on. It cost the Spurs Kawhi. You know, the dude that just won another championship tonight.

TDMVPDPOY
06-14-2019, 02:18 AM
theres nothing ungrateful if ur not loyal...

u participate in sports, theres a winner every year, u compete every year to win

if ur not competing to win, then wtf are you competing in competitive sports as a career? go play recreational sport or someshit where everyone gets a participation award handed to them if that is the standard u want...

Spurs fever
06-14-2019, 02:24 AM
I wonder if Bud was the coach if things would have been different with Kawhi. The league in it's current state seems too different for Pop. Players control everything. But he signed an extension so I guess he feels different.

Manong Ginobili
06-14-2019, 02:52 AM
Send Kahwi to Orlando and see if he rings

Murray2k
06-14-2019, 03:39 AM
Everyone knows Players are more important than coaching in nba..

Pavlov
06-14-2019, 03:43 AM
People expect a 70 year Pop who has nothing left to prove, and now coaches that way, and throws money at undeserving players that way, to just fucking retire already. It’s not that hard to understand.

It’s just time to move on. It cost the Spurs Kawhi. You know, the dude that just won another championship tonight.Great.

Who do you want who is better and available?

RC_Drunkford
06-14-2019, 04:04 AM
Raptors needed to add 2 Spurs so they could win their first ring in franchise history. Says more positive about Pop's philosophy than anything. All the Raptors talking about #2's leadership when he's just saying what Pop was preaching to him since he came to San Antonio pretty much confirms that

monty4329
06-14-2019, 04:38 AM
A coach, hopefully.
But most probably not. Next HC will be a pinko female.

Dand3
06-14-2019, 04:43 AM
Raptors needed to add 2 Spurs so they could win their first ring in franchise history. Says more positive about Pop's philosophy than anything. All the Raptors talking about #2's leadership when he's just saying what Pop was preaching to him since he came to San Antonio pretty much confirms that

This!

Gamechannel
06-14-2019, 04:50 AM

It’s just time to move on. It cost the Spurs Kawhi. You know, the dude that just won another championship tonight.

Fair enough. I'm with you on that. Pop should retire. My point was more about whining how Pop drove Kawhi away. Like I said, you can't let one player control the franchise to his whim. Look what happened to LeBron. He ruins organizations that he goes to due to endless drama. As great as he is, there is always turmoil in the franchises he goes to. And even after being given full control on coaching selections etc, he still fucking changes teams every few years. Do you really want to be a franchise constantly living in the fear of losing your best player?

Players control the league. But doesn't mean it's healthy.

kobyz
06-14-2019, 05:36 AM
I feel for Timmy, he could have been with at least 8 rings right now and the consensus goat if not for Pop...

r0drig0lac
06-14-2019, 06:05 AM
Coaching is overrated in today's NBA, or maybe it always has been. If anything Pop just gets in the way tbh.

always been and always will be about the players, but in SA the loss of the true pillar of the franchise (Timmy) has shown all our faults (including Front Office)

Send Kahwi to Orlando and see if he rings

Irrelevant, Durant had the second best roster in all years on okc and did not have the ability to win, Shaq needed Kobe and Wade, Jordan needed Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc. Bird needed a legendary roster, Kareem needed Oscar, and Magic with the most talented roster in the game's history, Lebron needed to be GM throughout his prime to get the chance to make the playoffs, big players need talent all around

offset formation
06-14-2019, 06:49 AM

Truth.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-14-2019, 07:09 AM

Solid take

Othyus Lalanne
06-14-2019, 07:54 AM
Coaches don't matter. The hard working black players do. Popovich, Ty Lue, and Nurse prove that

In which conference was Lue?

who is overrating it in the media? These journo Janus faced cocksuckers also want to sell that bs.

The league in it's current state seems too different for Pop. Players control everything.
Fuck no. 1 puppet coach has a ring and it was in a weaker East.

Everyone knows Players are more important than coaching in nba..

Wanna win big or just sell tickets?

sasaint
06-14-2019, 08:55 AM
Fair enough. I'm with you on that. Pop should retire. My point was more about whining how Pop drove Kawhi away. Like I said, you can't let one player control the franchise to his whim. Look what happened to LeBron. He ruins organizations that he goes to due to endless drama. As great as he is, there is always turmoil in the franchises he goes to. And even after being given full control on coaching selections etc, he still fucking changes teams every few years. Do you really want to be a franchise constantly living in the fear of losing your best player?

Players control the league. But doesn't mean it's healthy.

Pop began to compromise his approach and Spurs culture when he signed LMA. That culture has been further eroded by Dumbmar. Just like Tom Landry with the Cowboys, Pop has stayed past his Use by Date.

MultiTroll
06-14-2019, 09:07 AM
Pop began to compromise his approach and Spurs culture when he signed LMA. That culture has been further eroded by Dumbmar. Just like Tom Landry with the Cowboys, Pop has stayed past his Use by Date.
I thought it went back to his pet adore status of Michael Finley.