PDA

View Full Version : Alrighr LJ, let’s hear it...

thispego
06-13-2019, 11:07 PM
What’s the dirt on the Kawhi situation. He’s a two time Finals MVP so there’s really no bringing him down now.

Out with it.

Dejounte
06-13-2019, 11:11 PM
Please share it with us.

thispego
06-13-2019, 11:17 PM
Stfu dude

Millennial_Messiah
06-13-2019, 11:17 PM
:lmao SA Shits

DAF86
06-13-2019, 11:50 PM
Kawhi has a chronic injury on his quad. Spurs diagnosed and told Kawhi this. Kawhi didn't feel like playing with pain. Spurs wanted him to play. Kawhi felt disrespected by teammates and the organization so he decided to GTFO.

Also, there are some names involved on this whole thing that seem to be pretty powerful (Holt, Duncan, Robinson, Nike, ESPN???), so no-one has the ball to call them out.

HarlemHeat37
06-14-2019, 12:12 AM
I just hope Tim wasn't involved..it's bad enough that we can never look at Parker the same way again, it would be much worse if TD played a part..

DPG21920
Kawhi won the battle and the war. Is what it is even if most people would say how he went about it was wrong

RD2191
I just hope Tim wasn't involved..it's bad enough that we can never look at Parker the same way again, it would be much worse if TD played a part..

I wouldn't know how to feel tbh.

Cardinal
Someone needs to finally spill the true story. We knew more about the fucking Mueller report before it dropped than we know about the details of the Kawhi story.

RD2191
06-14-2019, 12:13 AM
Someone needs to finally spill the true story. We knew more about the fucking Mueller report before it dropped than we know about the details of the Kawhi story.

:lmao:lmao tbh

TheGreatYacht
06-14-2019, 12:15 AM
Jeff McDonald will get to it once he's done letting someone else have a turn with his wife.

What I mean by get to it, I mean turning Woj's twitter notifications on

timvp
06-14-2019, 12:16 AM
I might write something in the next few days if I feel like it but it's not going to be anything too earth shattering, tbh. Not going to go into full details. It wouldn't do the Spurs any good to expose everything ... and I'm a Spurs fan before anything, tbh.

Safe to say Spurs made their fair share of mistakes and didn't handle things well in retrospect...

TimDunkem
06-14-2019, 12:18 AM
You give whatever that man and his group asks...That was a Jordanesque run.

PATFO fucked up. Plain and simple.

BWS-1994
I might write something in the next few days if I feel like it but it's not going to be anything too earth shattering, tbh. Not going to go into full details. It wouldn't do the Spurs any good to expose everything ... and I'm a Spurs fan before anything, tbh.

Safe to say Spurs made their fair share of mistakes and didn't handle things well in retrospect...

The Spurs as in the management? Or involves retired players? I doubt you’ll answer this but might as well try...

look_at_g_shred
Jeff McDonald will get to it once he's done letting someone else have a turn with his wife.

What I mean by get to it, I mean turning Woj's twitter notifications on
My brotha :lmao :lmao

Gamechannel
06-14-2019, 12:20 AM

Can you confirm the following cuz I keep hearing these stupid stories from Kawhi defenders:

- Did the Spurs not want to offer him max?
- Did the Spurs force him to play or did they really asked him to take the year off but he won't accept it?
- Was Duncan involved in pissing Kawhi off?

HarlemHeat37
06-14-2019, 12:22 AM
Should have given Dennis an ownership stake and annointed him as the King of San Antonio..

BWS-1994
06-14-2019, 12:23 AM

I can probably accept other faults, but hopefully just not this.

RD2191
06-14-2019, 12:23 AM
Should have given Dennis an ownership stake and annointed him as the King of San Antonio..

:lol

DPG21920
06-14-2019, 12:24 AM

My analogy from what I know: SA (the wife) made Kawhi (the husband) mad. Some legit reasons but nothing malicious. A symptom of being frustrated. After realizing this the wife (SA) tried to make amends and any reasonable person without an agenda looking for an “excuse “ would have been able to move past it. Instead? The husband (Kawhi and his camp) took being mad to the extreme and used being mad to full on cheat on their wife.

The husband had every right to be mad but instead of forgiving and seeing the wife make an effort it was an excuse to do what you kind of wanted to do all along. Cheat.

timtonymanu
Oh so Spurs were always to blame in some way?

:cry but this was all and only Kawhi’s fault.

RD2191
The Spurs as in the management? Or involves retired players? I doubt you’ll answer this but might as well try...

Can you confirm the following cuz I keep hearing these stupid stories from Kawhi defenders:

- Did the Spurs force him to play or did they really asked him to take the year off but he won't accept it?

Can y'all stop pressuring the man and just wait for the article?

NASpurs

I would had rounded up all the San Antonio fat women like cattle to suck him off on demand if it meant keeping nephew.

Dejounte

If the Spurs made mistakes. Do you think they acknowledge that and are they making changes (how they handle things within the org) based off that fact?

NASpurs
06-14-2019, 12:25 AM
Oh so Spurs were always to blame in some way?

:cry but this was all and only Kawhi’s fault.

It wasn’t a one-way street?! The hell you say.

TimDunkem
06-14-2019, 12:27 AM
If the Spurs made mistakes. Do you think they acknowledge that and are they making changes (how they handle things within the org) based off that fact?

With Pop and his out of control ego in charge? Not likely.

Wu36
06-14-2019, 12:27 AM
It’s been done. Move to Toronto if you people are so worried.

lefty
06-14-2019, 12:40 AM
P:lolrker

thispego
06-14-2019, 12:52 AM
Pm me timvp. I’m a steel trap, you know this

r0drig0lac
06-14-2019, 12:54 AM

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smishocked.gif

thispego
06-14-2019, 12:55 AM
My analogy from what I know: SA (the wife) made Kawhi (the husband) mad. Some legit reasons but nothing malicious. A symptom of being frustrated. After realizing this the wife (SA) tried to make amends and any reasonable person without an agenda looking for an “excuse “ would have been able to move past it. Instead? The husband (Kawhi and his camp) took being mad to the extreme and used being mad to full on cheat on their wife.

The husband had every right to be mad but instead of forgiving and seeing the wife make an effort it was an excuse to do what you kind of wanted to do all along. Cheat.

Dpg shut the fuck up, you don’t know shit

RD2191
06-14-2019, 12:56 AM

DPG21920
06-14-2019, 12:58 AM

Dang called out by the best. It was a good run. Logging off.

NickiRasgo
06-14-2019, 01:00 AM
Real loser here are the fans. Spurs can always moves on and hopes to get another gem - but it's not like it's gonna happen magically. So safe to say the Spurs can be mediocre or pretender team moving forward, could take decades. Just a feel.

thispego
06-14-2019, 01:02 AM

lol it’s way too late for that shit. We let a generational player walk, sent him to a team we thought he would languish on, and he delivered a championship immediately. Spurs blew it, Kawhi turned us in to fools

thispego
06-14-2019, 01:04 AM
Dang called out by the best. It was a good run. Logging off.

Hats off to you, dipshit.

Jk i angel_lov u

TimDunkem
06-14-2019, 01:04 AM
Real loser here are the fans. Spurs can always moves on and hopes to get another gem - but it's not like it's gonna happen magically. So safe to say the Spurs can be mediocre or pretender team moving forward, could take decades. Just a feel.

Spurs might start a lineup next year where only 1 out of 5 can shoot the 3. I think we should all know where that's going.

DPG21920
06-14-2019, 01:05 AM
Hearts

NASpurs
06-14-2019, 01:06 AM
Spurs might start a lineup next year where only 1 out of 5 can shoot the 3. I think we should all know where that's going.

Yeah but LMA and DeMar are practicing their three point shots at 30+ years old. Let’s all rely on that.

NickiRasgo
06-14-2019, 01:11 AM

And will play 4 guards in the lineup and a forward as center. :p:

cjw
06-14-2019, 01:20 AM
Yeah but LMA and DeMar are practicing their three point shots at 30+ years old. Let’s all rely on that.

Brook Lopez made three 3pt in his first eight seasons in the league and is now making almost three per 36 minutes now. Pau led the league in 3pt% a few years ago.

With the work, you can develop a three ball if you have a base to start with. I just think LMA and Demar are too stubborn to. Demar is the real clog in spacing.

TDomination
06-14-2019, 01:21 AM
So let’s say it ALWAYS was the lack of trust about the injury for why kawhi wanted out.
Then why only say you want to go to L.A? Yes it’s your home town but like 98% of NBA players play on a team that was not originally their hometown.

Why did his group continue to give false dates on when kawhi was going to return? Kept pump faking the spurs as Michael c Wright said. Which ended up being the most frustrating part for the players based on what Manu said last year.

i kept hearing that Pop wanted to shut kawhi down for the year but kawhi wanted to keep rehabbing in hopes of returning, is that true? If so, how would this be a lack of trust?

We kept hearing that the relationship started changing after Kawhi changed agents which was like 2, 3 years ago. Was a trade request imminent regardless of what had happened last year because of this. Because of the agency his uncle wants to create.

Why no 1 on 1 meeting with Pop during the summer?

it seemed like the Supermax was the last thing on kawhis mind, but maybe it wasn’t. Did this play a huge role in him leaving? But again, why be a dick and screw the spurs and say only L.A.

We heard so many conflicting reports it’s mind numbing to try to figure out what’s true and what’s false. First supposedly kawhi says he would do anything for the players but it’s the organization that’s treating him bad or something to that nature. And that was said during the player only meeting. But then we hear that it’s the players causing him grief and that he still loves Pop but just couldn’t be in SA anymore because of Spurs players. But now it seems like he didn’t like Pop very much with some comments made throughout the season. but thats just trying to read between the lines on what kawhi has said in recent interviews.

i still believe it has MOSTLY to do with Uncle Dennis and Spurs front office clashing heads. And as soon as he felt disrespected, all it takes is for him to tell his nephew that the Spurs are not treating him fairly, or with respect.

Uncle wanted more control (look at the All star incident in New Orleans where uncle is saying spurs are being too demanding) Uncle demanded certain things from the spurs but didn’t get them so it got ugly.

40% of the Raptors championship starting lineup were molded by the spurs. To say that the Spurs did not have their future franchise player best interest in mind when dealing with this injury situation seems absurd. Pop claimed kawhi to be the best player in the world back in 2017 so I’m pretty sure he knows to take care of him just like he took care of timmy after he went down in 2000 and wanted to comeback to play in the playoffs.

NASpurs
06-14-2019, 01:23 AM
Brook Lopez made three 3pt in his first eight seasons in the league and is now making almost three per 36 minutes now. Pau led the league in 3pt% a few years ago.

With the work, you can develop a three ball if you have a base to start with. I just think LMA and Demar are too stubborn to. Demar is the real clog in spacing.

I get it but Brook Lopez just hangs outs at the three point line while Giannis sucks in the defense. LMA and DeMar are our focal points and need the ball.

azarel
06-14-2019, 01:30 AM
So let’s say it ALWAYS was the lack of trust about the injury for why kawhi wanted out.
Then why only say you want to go to L.A? Yes it’s your home town but like 98% of NBA players play on a team that was not originally their hometown.

Why did his group continue to give false dates on when kawhi was going to return? Kept pump faking the spurs as Michael c Wright said. Which ended up being the most frustrating part for the players based on what Manu said last year.

i kept hearing that Pop wanted to shut kawhi down for the year but kawhi wanted to keep rehabbing in hopes of returning, is that true? If so, how would this be a lack of trust?

We kept hearing that the relationship started changing after Kawhi changed agents which was like 2, 3 years ago. Was a trade request imminent regardless of what had happened last year because of this. Because of the agency his uncle wants to create.

it seemed like the Supermax was the last thing on kawhis mind, but maybe it wasn’t. Did this play a huge role in him leaving? But again, why be a dick and screw the spurs and say only L.A.

We heard so many conflicting reports it’s mind numbing to try to figure out what’s true and what’s false. First supposedly kawhi says he would do anything for the players but it’s the organization that’s treating him bad or something to that nature. And that was said during the player only meeting. But then we hear that it’s the players causing him grief and that he still loves Pop but just couldn’t be in SA anymore because of Spurs players. But now it seems like he didn’t like Pop very much with some comments made throughout the season. but thats just trying to read between the lines on what kawhi has said in recent interviews.

i still believe it has MOSTLY to do with Uncle Dennis and Spurs front office clashing heads. And as soon as he felt disrespected, all it takes is for him to tell his nephew that the Spurs are not treating him fairly, or with respect.

Uncle wanted more control (look at the All star incident in New Orleans where uncle is saying spurs are being too demanding) Uncle demanded certain things from the spurs but didn’t get them so it got ugly.

40% of the Raptors championship starting lineup were molded by the spurs. To say that the Spurs did not have their future franchise player best interest in mind when dealing with this injury situation seems absurd. Pop claimed kawhi to be the best player in the world back in 2017 so I’m pretty sure he knows to take care of him just like he took care of timmy after he went down in 2000 and wanted to comeback to play in the playoffs.

this. For all the misgivings about Pop, no one can ever question about his priority toward's his players health. If not, how could it even be possible for Duncan, Ginobili and even Parker play for so long and at a high level until their late 30s. If they were with other teams their career would have ended much earlier (considering all the injuries they piled up over their nba career).

cjw
06-14-2019, 01:49 AM
I get it but Brook Lopez just hangs outs at the three point line while Giannis sucks in the defense. LMA and DeMar are our focal points and need the ball.

You can be a focal point on offense and still occasionally be a spot up shooter. Milwaukee is a special case because Giannis might be one of the biggest liabilities from outside the paint besides Simmons.

All you need Demar and LMA to do is shoot 35% on spot up attempts, and take more. Anything to improve spacing. Don’t need them to become anything more

UZER
06-14-2019, 01:59 AM
Bottom line, somewhere PATFO dropped the ball and were scrambling at the end to get save the relationship.

gambit1990
06-14-2019, 02:41 AM
:tu

RC_Drunkford
06-14-2019, 03:54 AM
You can be a focal point on offense and still occasionally be a spot up shooter. Milwaukee is a special case because Giannis might be one of the biggest liabilities from outside the paint besides Simmons.

All you need Demar and LMA to do is shoot 35% on spot up attempts, and take more. Anything to improve spacing. Don’t need them to become anything more

LaMarcus shoots that percentage easily, it's about Pop not running plays to have him shoot 3s

Legacy
06-14-2019, 04:27 AM

:tu Can't wait to read it if you decide to write it. As much detail as possible would be appreciated. :dizzy

playblair
06-14-2019, 04:35 AM
Trill Clinton is the only spurs insider on spurstalk i trust to tell it like it is...........lj is too passive to divulge the hurtful truth

Legacy
06-14-2019, 04:40 AM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/vXIJJBTkgk932/giphy.gif

No pressure, though, timvp (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8). :p:

YGWHI
06-14-2019, 04:48 AM
If the Spurs made mistakes. Do you think they acknowledge that and are they making changes (how they handle things within the org) based off that fact?.
I guess this is the only thing that I want to know

I don't care if Kawhi's representatives or the Spurs made mistakes two seasons ago...I just want to know if the Spurs are willing to change and adapt

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-14-2019, 05:43 AM
This should be interesting to finally read but most likely will be a huge let down and not as groundbreaking as many think it will be

Twisted_Dawg
06-14-2019, 06:09 AM

Why don't you issue a full report and redact the hell out of it? That would give us something to do all summer trying to figure out what you blacked out.

Play Boban
06-14-2019, 06:15 AM
I am waiting for the tspence26 bomb tbh.

playblair
06-14-2019, 06:21 AM
lj thats wack just go into full details or dont write it at all.........

offset formation
06-14-2019, 06:22 AM
:lmao SA Shits

Haha ha ha

ha ha

Ha

H

sananspursfan21
06-14-2019, 07:47 AM

This, this, and this. Even if the FO made a few mistakes, was Kawhi the perfect little lamb?? No! 8 months ago, everyone on here HATED Kawhi and now all of a sudden it’s all Spurs fault? Stupid. If you ask me, Kawhi’s mind was made up about a trade at the latest in October when it was announced he had an “injury”.

Ive been on this forum for a decade, I shouldn’t be surprised at how wishy washy so many of these guys on here are. But somehow, I’m always a little shocked.

SAGirl
06-14-2019, 09:23 AM

I am very well convinced about this.

Anywhere else someone’s head would roll. Someone would get fired.

The Spurfan who would blindingly blame Kawhi and the group for the entire rift is in denial. Things in life are never that black and white.

Collins21
06-14-2019, 09:25 AM

The Spurfan who would blindingly blame Kawhi and the group for the entire rift is in denial. Things in life are never that black and white.

So are you implying that the Spurs were completely at fault and Kawhi has no blame?

lmbebo
06-14-2019, 09:38 AM
I believe that Kawhi/Team/Family had ulterior motives and weren't forth right with the Spurs in the situation. Certain Spurs didn't handle it well and may have done things to make things worse (not a common thing we've dealt with as a team). But ultimately, it won't change how I think of the situation.

DesignatedT
06-14-2019, 09:43 AM
Manu was one of the main guys calling out Kawhi yet he gets a pass.

exstatic
06-14-2019, 09:55 AM

Manu gets a pass because he's a fucking warrior who played injured many times, including with a broken elbow during the 2011 playoffs, unlike a certain asshole who wouldn't play with a sore quad.

Keepin' it real
06-14-2019, 10:01 AM
The main thing to clarify is this:

Was Kawhi determined to leave the Spurs no matter what because that's what he wanted ... regardless of what the Spurs could say or do ... OR was he open to staying here but the Spurs screwed up by saying/doing things to make him want to leave?

rjv
06-14-2019, 10:11 AM

honestly, i'd rather you'd just write something or not write something but not tell everyone that you may or may not, all the while throwing out innuendos here and there. all that does is add fuel to the speculative fire.

rjv
06-14-2019, 10:13 AM
also, time to move on. the dude won a title, toronto's gamble paid off in a huge way and one has to decide whether to stay a spurs fan or not. that's sports.

Uriel
06-14-2019, 10:16 AM
:lol The same Spurs fans who were so happy to trade Kawhi are now saying the front office screwed up.

Meanwhile, lone voices in the wilderness like me who have been saying from the start that Leonard should never have been traded in the first place are now fully vindicated.

TDomination
06-14-2019, 10:16 AM
I believe that Kawhi/Team/Family had ulterior motives and weren't forth right with the Spurs in the situation. Certain Spurs didn't handle it well and may have done things to make things worse (not a common thing we've dealt with as a team). But ultimately, it won't change how I think of the situation.
I definitely feel there was an ulterior motive. Not sure what but i believe the injury aspect of it was just something to use as a crutch as to why they wanted to leave.
And the Spurs did not know how to handle this and made a lot of regrettable decisions in the process.

I would agree with that statement. But i hope you're not implying that the Spurs were 100% at fault and Kawhi and his group had no fault in this whatsoever.

Was Kawhi determined to leave the Spurs no matter what because that's what he wanted ... regardless of what the Spurs could say or do ... OR was he open to staying here but the Spurs screwed up by saying/doing things to make him want to leave?
Thats the million dollar question. It seems like based on what Timvp and others has said, the implosion that happened last year was years in the making. I'm curious to know if there is anything the Spurs could have done last year that would have kept Kawhi here.

Legacy
06-14-2019, 10:26 AM
Manu gets a pass because he's a fucking warrior who played injured many times, including with a broken elbow during the 2011 playoffs, unlike a certain asshole who wouldn't play with a sore quad.

:lol Manu rolling around all over the court grasping the ball for dear life like he wasn't even hurt while the Grizzlies were piling on top of him. That was so fucking awesome. :rollin

r0drig0lac
06-14-2019, 10:30 AM

Proxy
06-14-2019, 11:17 AM

kobyz
06-14-2019, 11:19 AM

This is a Manu forum, here he's even getting a pass on quitting the Spurs in 2013...

Dejounte
06-14-2019, 11:46 AM
:lol The same Spurs fans who were so happy to trade Kawhi are now saying the front office screwed up.

Meanwhile, lone voices in the wilderness like me who have been saying from the start that Leonard should never have been traded in the first place are now fully vindicated.

Good for you? I mean i hope you really feel good about yourself...

kobyz
06-14-2019, 12:15 PM
LOL LJ acting like a tough guy and you all buying it...

cjw
06-14-2019, 12:46 PM
So are you implying that the Spurs were completely at fault and Kawhi has no blame?

Just salty that the Spurs found Beli more worthy of the MLE than Kyle

Twisted_Dawg
06-14-2019, 12:56 PM

If you do comment on it, I hope you put a sticky on it.

buujness
06-14-2019, 01:23 PM
Manu was one of the main guys calling out Kawhi yet he gets a pass.Manu literally sacrificed a nut for the Spurs.

He will always get a pass from me.

Play Boban
06-14-2019, 01:25 PM
lj thats wack just go into full details or dont write it at all.........

Truth bomb tbh

Saitam
06-14-2019, 01:30 PM

If Spurs Medical staff diagnosed with degenerative quads tendons, how would you react if you were a new agent with only 1 player? Get other opinions
Would PATFO give a strangling supermax deal knowing that your franchise player is diagnosed with that problem and knowing that he has been injury prone? No fucking way.
All the rest is how KL camp managed and hustled #2 way out of SA. PATFO made many mistakes in that stretch, but none so significant to end that way.
IT´S ALL ABOUT MONEY. Not just NBA contracts, but bigger markets and endorsements.

apalisoc_9
06-14-2019, 01:35 PM
Nothing Ellis will say would change the narrative. At this point saying something is not even worth it since hell get blackballed.

The Spurs organization and the Spurs players do read spurstalk to gauge fan reception. FYI.

Kori Ellis
06-14-2019, 02:05 PM
Here's my take on the story ...

From what I understand (and I'm not saying this is fact, just what I was told), Kawhi got his feelings hurt because someone in the organization (not a player, not Pop) said in not-so-kind words that he was being a wimp about the injury. Kawhi wasn't that riled up about it, but was offended. Mentioned it to his Uncle, and Kawhi's group then got Kawhi really riled up about it (saying he was being disrespected, not appreciated, Spurs were too controlling, Kawhi wasn't having input on player signings, etc.) Side note: I believe that Kawhi really only cares about playing basketball, but he trusts his advisors completely, when maybe they are just looking out for their own best interest not necessarily his.

At that point, anything the Spurs did or said to Kawhi was met with resistance by the group and blown out of proportion by the media. (For example, when Tony talked about Kawhi's injury, that was actually a comment in support of Kawhi -- go watch the video again. "Worse" things were said by other players privately, but none of them were trying to slight Kawhi - they were just confused/frustrated by the lack of communication. Kawhi was just trying to rehab and had turned over most communication to his group.) Kawhi was never pissed off at any of his teammates or even really with Pop. He thought he was physically not able to play at that point, and he had become convinced that the grass was greener elsewhere. And he was right... he just won a Championship.

I think that communication could have been a lot better on both sides, and I think Kawhi could have done a lot more to improve that communication. I also think he could have played more than those 9 games, and if he really couldn't, he should have been sitting behind the bench in support of his teammates. But I'm not one of the many doctors he consulted, so what do I know?

Do I think he will stay in Toronto? Probably not. He's probably very happy there (especially right now), but again, "coming home" to California is a big appeal to him and the group.

Disclaimer: There's more to the story but this is the beginning of it, and timvp has some insight on that info that he may or may not ever share.

Emperor
06-14-2019, 02:16 PM
We all deserve to know what the hell happened. We attend the games, we purchase their merchandise, we call off sick the morning after, we support this team through good times and bad. If anyone has wronged this organization in any way or vice versa, we as fans who help make these players outrageous salaries become possible, ought to know the absolute truth to this dragged on story already.

Genovaswitness
06-14-2019, 02:28 PM
We all deserve to know what the hell happened. We attend the games, we purchase their merchandise, we call off sick the morning after, we support this team through good times and bad. If anyone has wronged this organization in any way or vice versa, we as fans who help make these players outrageous salaries become possible, ought to know the absolute truth to this dragged on story already.

absolutely...

Roscoe P. Coltrane
06-14-2019, 02:31 PM
Because he's an alfa and didn't want a chick telling him how to play basketball.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-14-2019, 02:38 PM
Glad he's gone.

K...
06-14-2019, 02:38 PM
Thanks kori

Really a perfect storm scenario

Mystery illness
Contract extension
Pops wife
The holt family drama (the Holts could have sucked up to unk, but there was no stable period to try and work ownership given the transfer of power)
Ainge being cheap
Uncle

ZeusWillJudge
06-14-2019, 02:39 PM

Well what we know for sure is that:
Even though he was only 20 when he got to SA, Pop limited his minutes. People here bitched constantly about how a guy that young ought to be able to play more. So it looks like he had a problem when he got here, and Pop was careful with him. I'm not buying any suggestion that the Spurs suddenly threw player health under the bus.
Last year Kawhi showed up for a mysterious 9-game stint, played without any sign of discomfort, and then just as mysteriously disappeared again. And the 9 games coincided with the launch of a new Nike shoe and ad campaign that he was in.
Kawhi made his desire (damand?) to be traded public, and even let it be known that there were only a couple of places he was interested in going, which ruined his trade value.

All of that is documented in black and white. And if Kawhi really avoided communicating directly with the Spurs, which is what it looked like, the information on what the Spurs did would have to be pretty damning. If he really felt disrespected, but didn't have the balls to stand up and say so? There's no right way to handle someone like that. But everything I saw says that they (Nephew and Uncle) were looking to manufacture a way to get to a large market, and there's really no way to "handle things well" with that kind of bullshit.

The Spurs were always held up as the best organization in basketball. The one all the others should be measured by. I'm not buying the idea that they suddenly became the worst, just because they didn't have a formula for how to deal with this bullshit. The Pels are going to have to deal with the loss of Anthony Davis, who went public with his desire to get to a big market team, and there's nothing they can do about it either. Cleveland largely lost their investment in Kyrie, and now Boston is going to do the same - he's not going to go to a small market. LeBron didn't leave Cleveland (again) to go to Charlotte. Kawhi wanted out and he got his ticket out. Congrats to him and Uncle.

Keepin' it real
06-14-2019, 03:33 PM

From what I understand (and I'm not saying this is fact, just what I was told), Kawhi got his feelings hurt because someone in the organization (not a player, not Pop) said in not-so-kind words that he was being a wimp about the injury.

No way he'd get worked up if the guy who pours cheese on the nachos said something, so clearly it had to be RC, medical staff or more likely, ownership wondering why the hell are they paying him $20M to take a year off?

DesignatedT
06-14-2019, 03:38 PM
So peter holt or RC Buford called him a pussy?

MoSpur02
06-14-2019, 03:41 PM
Thanks kori

Really a perfect storm scenario

Mystery illness
Contract extension
Pops wife
The holt family drama (the Holts could have sucked up to unk, but there was no stable period to try and work ownership given the transfer of power)
Ainge being cheap
Uncle

Holt's really had nothing to do with Kawhi wanting out. Sure they wanted to know what was happening, but in no way did they have something to do with Kawhi wanting to leave. There was never a period where things weren't stable. Why suck up to the uncle? The Spurs owners aren't really involved in the decisions going on with the team. They have total trust in Pop, R.C, and the front office to handle those things. Some might complain that they should be more involved. I for one think they should be a little more hands on when it comes to certain things, but the Spurs have been very successful with how things have been run, why mess with it I guess?

slick'81
06-14-2019, 03:41 PM

If buford did he should be fired

rjv
06-14-2019, 03:52 PM

considering the tour of duty that holt put it in 'nam, i'd say it'd be safe to assume he would have regarded nephew as a puss.

MoSpur02
06-14-2019, 03:52 PM
Thanks for your input Kori. What you say makes sense. I was told back in late 2017 about the dinner Pop, Kawhi, and Dejounte had where Kawhi probably said only 2-3 words. He had pretty much shut off all communication with the Spurs. My source kept telling me it was all about his uncle.

BWS-1994
06-14-2019, 03:55 PM
Thanks for your input Kori. What you say makes sense. I was told back in late 2017 about the dinner Pop, Kawhi, and Dejounte had where Kawhi probably said only 2-3 words. He had pretty much shut off all communication with the Spurs. My source kept telling me it was all about his uncle.

Wow. He even shut out Pop?

Ocotillo
06-14-2019, 03:58 PM
No way he'd get worked up if the guy who pours cheese on the nachos said something, so clearly it had to be RC, medical staff or more likely, ownership wondering why the hell are they paying him $20M to take a year off? My guess is Becky. :rollin

lmbebo
06-14-2019, 03:58 PM
Thanks,

Makes some sense when you go back and hear what David, Bruce, et al said about him needing to grow up and make his own decisions, etc..

RC_Drunkford
06-14-2019, 04:01 PM
I would dismiss RC from the list of the candidates because there have been reports that he still has sleepless nights about it not knowing where the relationship went sour. The question is who is this person? And why can't the Spurs fire the person that did it? Does Will Sevening have something to do with it?

rjv
06-14-2019, 04:03 PM
I would dismiss RC from the list of the candidates because there have been reports that he still has sleepless nights about it not knowing where the relationship went sour. The question is who is this person? And why can't the Spurs fire the person that did it? Does Will Sevening have something to do with it?

maybe that person isn't 'fireable'.

MoSpur02
06-14-2019, 04:09 PM
My guess is it may have been someone involved with the medical staff if that was the case. Stills seems like a cop out on Kawhi and his uncle's part. From what I know the Spurs tried hard time after time to communicate with Kawhi to try to patch things up, but there was really no communication from Kawhi, which is Pop really couldn't answer questions regarding Kawhi's "injury" and him possibly returning. It's also why players pretty much had no answers for the media regarding his return and why ex Spurs couldn't even get a return call from Kawhi.

BWS-1994
06-14-2019, 04:11 PM

So not RC.

According to Kori’s source, not Pop or the players either.

According to MoSpur02’s source, not Holt too.

Who else?

TheRemix
06-14-2019, 04:15 PM
Such a strange situation. Its been a year and I don't really care that kawhi is gone. Sure he would've made the team a lot better but oh well we just gotta move on. The front office know how to scout talent so we'll get back to title contention someday. Just still curious on how this all came to fruition. I know kawhi doesn't have the best communication skills but did the spurs really mess up that bad? Really hope we get the full story

edgar
06-14-2019, 04:17 PM
Could Kawhi come back this summer?

RC_Drunkford
06-14-2019, 04:19 PM
maybe that person isn't 'fireable'.

So not RC.

Who else?

That's what I'm saying. Who else besides the owners is not fireable? I could understand not wanting to fire Pop or RC, but who else is untouchable in the organisation?

rjv
06-14-2019, 04:21 PM
That's what I'm saying. Who else besides the owners is not fireable? I could understand not wanting to fire Pop or RC, but who else is untouchable in the organisation?

any former player would be unfireable as well.

RC_Drunkford
06-14-2019, 04:23 PM
true, but that are only D-Rob, Timmy and Sean

https://www.nba.com/spurs/bios/index

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/San-Antonio-Spurs/26/staff-members

here's a list of names. Take your guess
(https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/San-Antonio-Spurs/26/staff-members)

DPG21920
06-14-2019, 04:23 PM

From what I understand (and I'm not saying this is fact, just what I was told), Kawhi got his feelings hurt because someone in the organization (not a player, not Pop) said in not-so-kind words that he was being a wimp about the injury. Kawhi wasn't that riled up about it, but was offended. Mentioned it to his Uncle, and Kawhi's group then got Kawhi really riled up about it (saying he was being disrespected, not appreciated, Spurs were too controlling, Kawhi wasn't having input on player signings, etc.) Side note: I believe that Kawhi really only cares about playing basketball, but he trusts his advisors completely, when maybe they are just looking out for their own best interest not necessarily his.

At that point, anything the Spurs did or said to Kawhi was met with resistance by the group and blown out of proportion by the media. (For example, when Tony talked about Kawhi's injury, that was actually a comment in support of Kawhi -- go watch the video again. "Worse" things were said by other players privately, but none of them were trying to slight Kawhi - they were just confused/frustrated by the lack of communication. Kawhi was just trying to rehab and had turned over most communication to his group.) Kawhi was never pissed off at any of his teammates or even really with Pop. He thought he was physically not able to play at that point, and he had become convinced that the grass was greener elsewhere. And he was right... he just won a Championship.

I think that communication could have been a lot better on both sides, and I think Kawhi could have done a lot more to improve that communication. I also think he could have played more than those 9 games, and if he really couldn't, he should have been sitting behind the bench in support of his teammates. But I'm not one of the many doctors he consulted, so what do I know?

Do I think he will stay in Toronto? Probably not. He's probably very happy there (especially right now), but again, "coming home" to California is a big appeal to him and the group.

Disclaimer: There's more to the story but this is the beginning of it, and timvp has some insight on that info that he may or may not ever share.

That seems to matchup close to what I know - hence my analogy. The group wanted and had influence over Kawhi and they had plans for a while. They took what would otherwise be something to be miffed over but ultimately worked through as an excuse to move forward with their already thought out plans.

They wanted to cheat on their spouse already, but didn’t have a reason to. Once the spouse mad them “mad”, they ran out and cheated since it was already what they wanted all along.

Thanks for sharing.

Keepin' it real
06-14-2019, 04:25 PM
So not RC.

Who else?

So you're saying maybe it was the guy who pours cheese on the nachos???

DPG21920
06-14-2019, 04:25 PM
No way he'd get worked up if the guy who pours cheese on the nachos said something, so clearly it had to be RC, medical staff or more likely, ownership wondering why the hell are they paying him $20M to take a year off?

It’s very possible that it was RC who played “bad cop” here, but I don’t know that for sure.

TheRemix
06-14-2019, 04:27 PM
That seems to matchup close to what I know - hence my analogy. The group wanted and had influence over Kawhi and they had plans for a while. They took what would otherwise be something to be miffed over but ultimately worked through as an excuse to move forward with their already thought out plans.

They wanted to cheat on their spouse already, but didn’t have a reason to. Once the spouse mad them “mad”, they ran out and cheated since it was already what they wanted all along.

Thanks for sharing.

Seems plausible

rjv
06-14-2019, 04:29 PM
true, but that are only D-Rob, Timmy and Sean

https://www.nba.com/spurs/bios/index

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/San-Antonio-Spurs/26/staff-members

here's a list of names. Take your guess
(https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/San-Antonio-Spurs/26/staff-members)

well, it could have been a then current player but now former play as well (as in many or tony) but i don't think that it was either.

RC_Drunkford
06-14-2019, 04:32 PM
well, it could have been a then current player but now former play as well (as in many or tony) but i don't think that it was either.

doubt that, Manu and Tony were on the team back then and everybody is saying that he didn't have any problems with team mates. Apparently he said in the player meeting he would do anything for his team mates but not for the organization, that's what ESPN reported. Not sure how true that is either, but if it's not Pop, not Holt and not a player who was on the team and a person that can't be fired than the list would have to be narrowed down to RC, D-Rob, Timmy or Will Sevening (been here 21 years, but they could fire in him in theory I guess)

TDomination
06-14-2019, 04:33 PM
So not RC.

Who else?

An assistant coach maybe? Messina? who knows

lmbebo
06-14-2019, 04:37 PM
if former player, Gervin? Bowen?

phxspurfan
06-14-2019, 04:44 PM
5 pages and no answers

TDomination
06-14-2019, 04:46 PM

Yes. Kawhis mom still owns a home here so he will be back to visit her here this summer.
When Kawhi does come and visit her, he will go into her house and when he enters, Pop will be waiting in the living room with a dozen roses. And Pop will stand up and say to Kawhi "if you will have me, i would love to be your coach again"

Gamechannel
06-14-2019, 04:48 PM
So basically he just needed someone whose not even in a position of actual power to say something to him/his group and that's all it took? I call BS on this.

I think he just didn't like the way Spurs ran a tight ship with the power structure the way it was. He wanted more influence and power for his entourage and he didn't get any.

rjv
06-14-2019, 04:50 PM
doubt that, Manu and Tony were on the team back then and everybody is saying that he didn't have any problems with team mates. Apparently he said in the player meeting he would do anything for his team mates but not for the organization, that's what ESPN reported. Not sure how true that is either, but if it's not Pop, not Holt and not a player who was on the team and a person that can't be fired than the list would have to be narrowed down to RC, D-Rob, Timmy or Will Sevening (been here 21 years, but they could fire in him in theory I guess)

seems like a moot point anyway.

TheChillFactor
06-14-2019, 05:03 PM
Y’all are a bunch of fucking faggots. I ride with Tim, Tony, Manu, David and Pop. Fuck Kawhi. Dude wins one chip and “i just hope Tim wasnt involved!” Gtfoh you pussies

Bellboy
06-14-2019, 05:03 PM

No RC had been drinking again and actually said “ Kawhi you’re the damned MVP “ but slurring his words so much it sounded like “ Kawhi you’re a damn pussy “. To quote the Warden in Cool Hand Luke “ What we had here was a failure to communicate “

Dex
06-14-2019, 05:07 PM
5 pages and no answers

Try reading the thread.

wildbill2u
06-14-2019, 05:18 PM
:bobo

BlackAndWhite
06-14-2019, 05:26 PM
How do you have an idea that people within the organization monitor this place? It's a relatively small place compared to the other online spurs fanbase communities.

Barfunk
06-14-2019, 05:32 PM
Y’all are a bunch of fucking faggots. I ride with Tim, Tony, Manu, David and Pop. Fuck Kawhi. Dude wins one chip and “i just hope Tim wasnt involved!” Gtfoh you pussies

:toast

BillMc
06-14-2019, 05:35 PM
So not RC.

Who else?

Ex-player? (Tim, D-Rob, to a lesser extent Ice, are the only ones who really still matter). Barring that I'm blaming the Coyote for hurting Nephew's teenage-girl-like feelings.

kjhip1
06-14-2019, 05:38 PM
How do you have an idea that people within the organization monitor this place? It's a relatively small place compared to the other online spurs fanbase communities.

Did you see the story of when LJ got plagiarized by a Ex- College/NBA Assistant coach who wrote column for ESPN? I would think this site definitely has its share of visitors from sports media and Spurs FO staff/players

BillMc
06-14-2019, 05:42 PM
So you're saying maybe it was the guy who pours cheese on the nachos???

Nephew: I want extra cheese on my nachos.

Guy: Screw you wuss, get out and play. Until then you get as much cheese as anyone else.

Nephew: And I want my uncle to have a role in the organization.

Guy: No nachos for you! 1 Year!

Dennis the Menace
06-14-2019, 05:45 PM
Sean or Bowen would be my guess

BWS-1994
06-14-2019, 05:51 PM

Guy: Screw you wuss, get out and play. Until then you get as much cheese as anyone else.

@Keepin’ it real , BillMc has the answer right here.

That and the Taco Bell ads in this place confirms it.

Dex
06-14-2019, 05:52 PM
My take so far: If Kawhi really flipped the script on the team that traded a good player to draft him, built him up, got him his first Finals MVP, and made him the "franchise player" over something that one or two guys said to him...that's a bitch move, tbh.

I'm sure the Spurs weren't without fault by the medical staff or the people surrounding Kawhi. This just in...people aren't perfect. Neither are doctors (which I can clearly attest to as a person who has lost a father to cancer and dealt with several misdiagnoses for my mother's).

That doesn't give a guy to reason to turn his back on the franchise who built him but Kawhi is just another person who isn't perfect.

I think there is a lot of truth to the fact that Kawhi wanted out, and used these "reasons" to make it so. Spurs fans need to stop lamenting about what could have been, and realize the guy got what he wanted.

It's time to move on.

kjhip1
06-14-2019, 05:53 PM
My take so far: If Kawhi really flipped the script on the team that traded a good player to draft him, built him up, got him his first Finals MVP, and made him the "franchise player" over something that one or two guys said...that's a bitch move, tbh.

I'm sure the Spurs weren't without fault by the medical staff or the people surrounding Kawhi. This just in...people aren't perfect. Neither are doctors (which I can clearly attest to a person who has lost a father to cancer and dealt with several misdiagnoses for my mother's).

That doesn't give a guy to reason to turn his back on the franchise who built him but Kawhi is just another person who isn't perfect.

I think there is a lot of truth to the fact that Kawhi wanted out, and used these "reasons" to make it so. Spurs fans need to stop lamenting about what could have been, and realize the guy got what he wanted.

It's time to move on.

this tbh...

Twisted_Dawg
06-14-2019, 05:53 PM
My guess is Becky. :rollin

If Becky is the one that called him a pussy, that would be classic. D-Rob honorable mention.

RC_Drunkford
06-14-2019, 05:55 PM

keep it real BillMc it wasn't the Nacho guy. It was the Spurs legendary sandwich maker...you know who...

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/files/2017/06/Matt-Bonner-sandwich-focused-knee-brace-commercial-640x360.png

mo7888
06-14-2019, 05:56 PM
No RC had been drinking again and actually said “ Kawhi you’re the damned MVP “ but slurring his words so much it sounded like “ Kawhi you’re a damn pussy “. To quote the Warden in Cool Hand Luke “ What we had here was a failure to communicate “

Sounds plausible tbh

TimmyBuckets
06-14-2019, 05:56 PM

4x champ, all time great PG, guaranteed HOFer in my eyes still. IDGAF which retard nephew lied his way out of SA or which media outlet misconstrued Tony's comments. Tony still tony.

playblair
06-14-2019, 06:01 PM
it was ime udoka

Twisted_Dawg
06-14-2019, 06:02 PM
What's troubling with the whole timeline is that Kawhi performs in China and shows up for camp in October with has this mystery quad injury and can't play. He gets approval for his group to take over rehab, and then communications get real cold and strained. This was all way before the players only meeting, Parker's thousand times worse statement, before someone called him a pussy, and before any contract offers. Seems back in October 2017, the seeds were being sowed to get him out of SA.

Cardinal
06-14-2019, 06:08 PM
What's troubling with the whole timeline is that Kawhi performs in China and shows up for camp in October with has this mystery quad injury and can't play. He gets approval for his group to take over rehab, and then communications get real cold and strained. This was all way before the players only meeting, Parker's thousand times worse statement, before someone called him a pussy, and before any contract offers. Seems back in October 2017, the seeds were being sowed to get him out of SA.

If I remember correctly, according to Michael C. Wright the team gave Kawhi and his camp control over the injury rehab in August 2017 - that is, not after Kawhi showed up for camp in October but before.

BillMc
06-14-2019, 06:12 PM
keep it real BillMc it wasn't the Nacho guy. It was the Spurs legendary sandwich maker...you know who...

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/files/2017/06/Matt-Bonner-sandwich-focused-knee-brace-commercial-640x360.png

spurs10
06-14-2019, 06:39 PM

Disclaimer: There's more to the story but this is the beginning of it, and timvp has some insight on that info that he may or may not ever share. Thanks for sharing and this says all that need be said really. He's gone and so it goes. I personally will never root for him and I'm glad he's gone. Simply because all the drama was such a drag. The silver lining is that there are a lot of things we can do with our lives and any Spurs fan has had a big part of their summer wrapped up with the Spurs for two decades. I wasn't expecting a long run and went on a wonderful trip in late May and was far away when The Finals began.

Now we have the draft to enjoy and another season seeing the younger guys develop. Sounds fun and I'm looking forward to a new season. I look forward to shorter summers in the future, but this year was fine. We played our best home game of the season on our last home game. Let's build from there.

Strategic
06-14-2019, 06:41 PM
Maybe it was some one in the makeup department for the HEB commercials. “You missed a spot”. “Shut up you pussy”! Also, I’m sure a few ST posters called him pussy during his no show shenanigans.

spurs10
06-14-2019, 06:43 PM
4x champ, all time great PG, guaranteed HOFer in my eyes still. IDGAF which retard nephew lied his way out of SA or which media outlet misconstrued Tony's comments. Tony still tony. :bobo A votre sante Tony!

weebo
06-14-2019, 07:11 PM

Manu is a basketball warrior. A champion on all levels. He literally gave his left nut for this team. He gets his pass. Now STFU.

BillMc
06-14-2019, 07:16 PM
@Keepin’ it real , BillMc (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16431) has the answer right here.

That and the Taco Bell ads in this place confirms it.

:lol "Make a run for the border" is their slogan, right? Who knew all this time they meant the Canadian border!

picnroll
06-14-2019, 07:23 PM
Manu is a basketball warrior. A champion on all levels. He literally gave his left nut for this team. He gets his pass. Now STFU.

Not to mention played with a broken arm in the playoffs against Memphis in 2011.

Uriel
06-14-2019, 07:40 PM
So not RC.

Who else?
Holt's children.

picnroll
06-14-2019, 07:46 PM
Holt's children.

I heard it was the coyote.

mo7888
06-14-2019, 07:52 PM
So not RC.

Who else?

A member of the silver dancers...and you see how they were dealt with..

Legacy
06-14-2019, 07:55 PM
I heard it was the coyote.

cutewizard
06-14-2019, 08:04 PM

:bobo

cutewizard
06-14-2019, 08:07 PM

-----------------------------------------------

Thanks Maam!

cutewizard
06-14-2019, 08:07 PM
The Spurs should just move on

First things first,

WHO SHOULD BE THE NEXT HEAD COACH?????

Legacy
06-14-2019, 08:18 PM

:tu Thanks for sharing, Kori. And I agree; my gut feeling is that Uncle Dennis and the fam may have brainwashed their ca$h cow-- ehrrmm, I mean Kawhi just a liiittle bit, unfortunately. :(

Russ
06-14-2019, 08:22 PM
My guess -- Mrs. Holt. :)

rasuo214
06-14-2019, 08:37 PM
Well Kawhi praised Chip yesterday quite a bit and he was really happy to see Ime during the return game. So I doubt it was either of those 2.

MoSpur02
06-14-2019, 08:38 PM
A member of the silver dancers...and you see how they were dealt with..

From what I heard the removal of the Silver Dancers was not approved by everyone and is something that might comeback next season.

Spurs Homer
06-14-2019, 08:45 PM
I don't even want a player that doesn't really want to be here.

Timmy,Manu,Tony,Pop - set the standard.

If you need to be begged - you aren't really a Spur.

If you are a man - and the only way for you to get a woman is to beg her or convince her that she should choose you -

or

you are a woman and the only way for you to get a man is to beg him or convince him to choose you -

you don't really have anything good.

Sooner or later - this person will be tempted and will cheat anyway and will leave you and betray you the minute that this cheater finds someone or something that is "more beneficial" for them -

instead of staying with someone whom they had to be convinced or had to be begged into staying with in the first place.

In other words - they never really wanted to be with you in the first place - they just got convinced to try you out for a bit.

Kawhitter never really bled Silver and black and now I actually hate giving up Georgie Hill for this piece of shit quitter.

If the proud Spurs franchise and its (formerly) great fans weren't enough for you to proudly play here, be loyal, weather the ups and downs, get along great with teammates, and give your body and soul to the franchise -

then GTFO - we don't want you.

If wearing the Spurs uniform for life and fighting back through injuries and at the very least - sitting with your teammates on the bench while THEY go out and battle -is too much of a burden for you -

then GTFO.

I don't give a fuck about Kawhitter and am glad he is gone - I cannot even believe this is an issue and cannot believe REAL spurs fans are whining and crying and bitching and moaning about a quitter -

who never really wanted to be a SPUR.

Have some fucking pride and represent this proud franchise and at least be a respectable fan if you want a respectable team

or

GTFO and go fellate your quitter hero.

BWS-1994
06-14-2019, 08:58 PM
From what I heard the removal of the Silver Dancers was not approved by everyone and is something that might comeback next season.

Powergrab!

Play Boban
06-14-2019, 08:58 PM
It was Bill Land and Sean Elliott tbh.......

BWS-1994
06-14-2019, 09:00 PM
:lol "Make a run for the border" is their slogan, right? Who knew all this time they meant the Canadian border!

Instead of Wingstop, Kawhi now has Tacos in the North. With cheese.

acoelho1
06-14-2019, 10:23 PM
I haven’t heard anything earth shattering or different from what’s already been speculated at length about the Kawhi fiasco. Further, I don’t really understand all this secrecy given it’s only basketball but if it makes you feel important, so be it. As a fan, I just want some accountability and maybe a little closure on the most controversy story in Spurs history. I don’t expect anything from a Pop even though he’s on record for saying that the Spurs answers to the fans.

Nevertheless, it seems clear that Kawhi’s uncle made the relationship with Kawhi tough to manage. The “injury” was just a microcosm of the pettiness surrounding the 2 parties. No matter if the Spurs were in the right and KL’s family were acting like prima donnas, Pop overplayed his hand and cost us superstar. You don’t call out your best player in public especially when you preach keeping things within the program.

So, now we are year removed from this nonsense with no definitive answer as to why and the people that know are worried about being blackballed. Could this get any more comical. Oh wait.. Kawhi won the championship. Karma is dead.

dbreiden83080
06-14-2019, 10:59 PM
I’m sure it mostly involves not kissing his ass enough..

dbreiden83080
06-14-2019, 11:01 PM

If Tim told this soft clown to “Man the fuck up”

He is even more of a legend..

diceman
06-14-2019, 11:12 PM

Best news in last 2 months.......lol.

TDMVPDPOY
06-14-2019, 11:24 PM

If you are a man - and the only way for you to get a woman is to beg her or convince her that she should choose you -

or

you are a woman and the only way for you to get a man is to beg him or convince him to choose you -

Sooner or later - this person will be tempted and will cheat anyway and will leave you and betray you the minute that this cheater finds someone or something that is "more beneficial" for them -

instead of staying with someone whom they had to be convinced or had to be begged into staying with in the first place.

In other words - they never really wanted to be with you in the first place - they just got convinced to try you out for a bit.

Kawhitter never really bled Silver and black and now I actually hate giving up Georgie Hill for this piece of shit quitter.

If the proud Spurs franchise and its (formerly) great fans weren't enough for you to proudly play here, be loyal, weather the ups and downs, get along great with teammates, and give your body and soul to the franchise -

If wearing the Spurs uniform for life and fighting back through injuries and at the very least - sitting with your teammates on the bench while THEY go out and battle -is too much of a burden for you -

then GTFO.

I don't give a fuck about Kawhitter and am glad he is gone - I cannot even believe this is an issue and cannot believe REAL spurs fans are whining and crying and bitching and moaning about a quitter -

Have some fucking pride and represent this proud franchise and at least be a respectable fan if you want a respectable team

or

what a load of bs, then why did pop went and begged lma when he wasnt happy about his touches

kawhi no involve in player signings when his the main guy to be build around, yet patfo continue to overpay vets with loyalty contracts, with younger players leaving elsewhere after 1-2 years in the system and climatizing around kawhi...yet u go get new players in and restart the 1yr program again b4 they understand the system plays...

remember when parker sign that 3yr extension same time around kawhi up for extension his last contract, he shouldve talked to patfo istead of allowing them to chuck 45/3 to parker who looked like he was on his way to the knicks

Keepin' it real
06-14-2019, 11:36 PM

:rollin

Spurs Homer
06-14-2019, 11:54 PM
what a load of bs, then why did pop went and begged lma when he wasnt happy about his touches

kawhi no involve in player signings when his the main guy to be build around, yet patfo continue to overpay vets with loyalty contracts, with younger players leaving elsewhere after 1-2 years in the system and climatizing around kawhi...yet u go get new players in and restart the 1yr program again b4 they understand the system plays...

remember when parker sign that 3yr extension same time around kawhi up for extension his last contract, he shouldve talked to patfo istead of allowing them to chuck 45/3 to parker who looked like he was on his way to the knicks

Aldridge had the balls to discuss his role with Pop - Pop agreed that he himself had not utilized LMA properly -

both were honest enough to work it out - it wasn't about "touches" - it was about being a Spur and maximizing his strengths to help the spurs win and to maximize his talent -

Kawhi not involved in player siginings? GTFO of here with that shit

When Kawhitter retires and becomes a GM or buys into his own team - he can participate in all the signings he wants to -

Pop doesn't need to cater to players who want to run teams -

Look at Magic Johnson - great player - shitty talent scout.

Pop went to meet Kawhitter because Pop had been shielded from Kawhitter by his uncle and they hid him in a closet when Spurs personnel went to the east to check on kawhitter -

fuck that mute retard cancer piece of shit -

Pop respected him enough to fly out and give it one more honest try -

the piece of shit quitter could have had the decency to man up and tell pop he had acted like a prima donna and worked things out - for the betterment of the team that turned him into a great player in the first place.

Fuck that piece of shit.

dbreiden83080
06-15-2019, 12:22 AM
I am mostly getting tired of the people that are not fans of the team just using this as an excuse to shit on the entire organization. If they made some mistakes OK fine. It happens. Let it go and move on. Leonard Is not the first superstar player in his prime to ask to be traded or leave in free agency. It does happen.

phxspurfan
06-15-2019, 12:45 AM
Try reading the thread.

I did. it's just certain people saying random shit / not knowing shit, and an accusation. That's it. No real revelation.

Plus other things we already knew like other teams were set up better to win.

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/72/60/21/15402075/3/rawImage.jpg

JeffDuncan
06-15-2019, 12:55 AM
Well what we know for sure is that:
Even though he was only 20 when he got to SA, Pop limited his minutes. ...

As I look at the game logs for 2011-12 I don't see that.

Minutes Played
0-9 -- 4 games
10-19 -- 19 games
20-29 -- 24
30-39 -- 16
40+ --- 1

So Leonard's typical game his rookie season was 20 to 29 minutes, and 17 times he played more than 30 minutes. That does not look like any minutes restriction. And it's way more than you'd expect for a rookie playing for Pop.

(That was a short season, with a CBA dispute, and the lockout.)

Leonard went over 30 minutes in his 9th NBA game, 34:06 against OKC. Then he went over 30 minutes in the next 5 games as well.

At the midpoint game of that season, game 33, he played 43 minutes against Portland.

In the last playoff series for the Spurs that season, against OKC, he played over 30 minutes in 4 of the 7 games. His high was 40:43 in game 7 (which the Spurs lost.)

From beginning of season, to middle, to end, he played high minutes.

The idea of that minutes limit, during Leonard's rookie season, is a Spurstalk myth. It is not there in the actual numbers. For a rookie, Pop played him huge minutes, just like a veteran.

johnnymoore
06-15-2019, 01:29 AM
Initial rumor was that it started with a personal insult (N-word?) uttered by someone connected to ownership. Maybe drunk and not in full control of themselves at the time, and was prior to injury. Everything snowballed after injury.

No idea if it's true.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
06-15-2019, 01:31 AM
So not RC.

Who else?

Omg I think I know who it was ...

http://i64.tinypic.com/2wcikr6.png

ShutUp SayItAgain!
06-15-2019, 01:41 AM
If Becky is the one that called him a pussy, that would be classic. D-Rob honorable mention.

If it was Becky, she earned more of my respect :lol

ShutUp SayItAgain!
06-15-2019, 01:49 AM
If Tim told this soft clown to “Man the fuck up”

He is even more of a legend..

:tu

Budkin
06-15-2019, 01:52 AM

Bring back Melissa or don't bother!

ShutUp SayItAgain!
06-15-2019, 01:53 AM

:lmao

J_Paco
06-15-2019, 02:07 AM

or

then GTFO.

or

Truth!

Preach, homie!

dbreiden83080
06-15-2019, 02:54 AM

or

then GTFO.

or

This basically sums up my feelings as well. He is a great player. I am not saying otherwise. But there was a miscommunication, he was too soft, not up to the challenge, whatever the problem was I really don’t care. Congratulations on the championship. And we Move on. You Move on in your career. The team moves on with their own future. That’s it.

dbreiden83080
06-15-2019, 02:57 AM
And let me also say this. This team had Tim Duncan. Tim is one of the 10 greatest players that ever shot a basketball. Now I am not asking somebody to be that great. But Tim was the ultimate leader, and the ultimate competitor. He wanted to win more than anybody.

Thst is the standard for the organization. Why would you ever settle for anything less than that? This dude is not Tim Duncan. He doesn’t have the mental toughness, he doesn’t have the team first mentality. He quit on the team. Why don’t some of you understand this?

Spurs Homer
06-15-2019, 07:25 AM
And let me also say this. This team had Tim Duncan. Tim is one of the 10 greatest players that ever shot a basketball. Now I am not asking somebody to be that great. But Tim was the ultimate leader, and the ultimate competitor. He wanted to win more than anybody.

Thst is the standard for the organization. Why would you ever settle for anything less than that? This dude is not Tim Duncan. He doesn’t have the mental toughness, he doesn’t have the team first mentality. He quit on the team. Why don’t some of you understand this?

you. Nailed. It.

Big Empty
06-15-2019, 07:53 AM

or

then GTFO.

or

GTFO and go fellate your quitter hero.Even If the Spurs offered him the max, didnt question his injury, his excuse then would have been that the Spurs misdiagnosed him and coulda costed him his career, and thats why he woulda left anyways. Kinda of like the analogy here. He wanted out and woulda found anything to blame to look innocent. Thats why i dug up the old link when Spurs extended LaMarcus and Gasol. We knew Kawhi was gone after that just didnt know he would pull the injured all year card. Its why he appreciated a coach that had the same goal in mind. Thats the dead giveaway and confirmation. Im not blaming Pop & RC they do a great job. But tying up LA after a God awful performance when Kawhi went down and paying 18 million of cap for 3 years to an old Gasol dampened Kawhi and his circles confidence like it did all of ours. If u ask me, the WANTED the Spurs to question the injury just to create an excuse to be mad and demand a trade. Thats what happened. Trying to dissect who was wrong and who screwed up is just an excuse frisby they threw for u to chase. Kawhi was gonna leave anyway this summer if he was a Spur. He wanted the Spurs to make moves to put younger peices in place.

r0drig0lac
06-15-2019, 08:03 AM

we already did it

Spurs Homer
06-15-2019, 11:54 AM
Even If the Spurs offered him the max, didnt question his injury, his excuse then would have been that the Spurs misdiagnosed him and coulda costed him his career, and thats why he woulda left anyways. Kinda of like the analogy here. He wanted out and woulda found anything to blame to look innocent. Thats why i dug up the old link when Spurs extended LaMarcus and Gasol. We knew Kawhi was gone after that just didnt know he would pull the injured all year card. Its why he appreciated a coach that had the same goal in mind. Thats the dead giveaway and confirmation. Im not blaming Pop & RC they do a great job. But tying up LA after a God awful performance when Kawhi went down and paying 18 million of cap for 3 years to an old Gasol dampened Kawhi and his circles confidence like it did all of ours. If u ask me, the WANTED the Spurs to question the injury just to create an excuse to be mad and demand a trade. Thats what happened. Trying to dissect who was wrong and who screwed up is just an excuse frisby they threw for u to chase. Kawhi was gonna leave anyway this summer if he was a Spur. He wanted the Spurs to make moves to put younger peices in place.

I agree with a lot here -

except - I disagree - and do not believe that "kawhi wanted younger pieces" or
"why didn't kawhi have a say in players blah-blah"

I just never buy that.

I am pretty sure superstars think they can win a title all by themselves and everyone else can just "pass me the ball'

I am sure some players are into chemistry, some into having their buddies, some into the right offense, etc...

but this bullshit of a 24 year old kid dictating to a front office that has won 5 titles and has been in the playoffs every year since the jurassic age - ;)

is pure fucking bullshit -

IMHO.

Seventyniner
06-15-2019, 12:33 PM
we already did it

And we're going to have to from now on. There probably won't ever be another Tim in the league, let alone on the Spurs.

dbreiden83080
06-15-2019, 03:21 PM
we already did it

Shaq left Orlando as a FA
KD left OKC
Look at all these star players wanting trades now
AD this year Kyrie in Cleveland etc.. This is just the norm now.. Players just move around like crazy..

Leonard may stay in Toronto 1 more year and then be off to LA..

dbreiden83080
06-15-2019, 03:28 PM
And we're going to have to from now on. There probably won't ever be another Tim in the league, let alone on the Spurs.

And we were insanely fortunate to have him. Spurs have 5 chips. That is 5th most all time. Only the Celtics, Lakers, Warriors, and Bulls have more.. So we have been very lucky.

ace3g
06-15-2019, 04:11 PM
I did. it's just certain people saying random shit / not knowing shit, and an accusation. That's it. No real revelation.

Plus other things we already knew like other teams were set up better to win.

I cringe every time I see that photo - that can't happen in today's NBA...

Dennis the Menace
06-15-2019, 04:15 PM

Pop and RC should be forced to look at that photo first thing every morning they walk into the office

Keepin' it real
06-15-2019, 04:29 PM

I know, they need to tell Ronnie Garretson to get a toupee already.

UZER
06-15-2019, 04:38 PM

Hold my beer.

:pop:

Tyrone Jenkins
06-15-2019, 05:40 PM
For the life of me, I can't understand why any of this matters at this point...asking for the "real" story - as if we haven't heard probably 70% of it or more already - is silly.

Kawhii is being influenced by his uncle and probably other family members. He probably wanted to be drafted by an LA team but since then he's been looking for a chance to get back there. This injury, along w/ all the BS associated w/ the situation (were PATFO, retired players, current players, etc.) all contributed to him wanting out.

He left.

The team got what they considered as the best package of individuals they could for him as well as ridding themselves of D Green's contract (I would suppose they tried to get rid of Mills but Toronto didn't need another PG). Hindsight being what it is, DD's lack of outside shooting is significant liablity in the Spurs offense.

I would just a soon let the Kawhi issue die on the vine. He's a great player who I happen to dislike because I feel as if his immaturity led him to handle a professional situation less than professionally. So, instead of discussing him and building new threads about him every 3 days, I would suggest we all just let it go.

FkLA
06-15-2019, 07:15 PM
It's really disappointing how many people want to burn the Spurs culture because Nephew is a generational talent. Cater to him and let Uncle have influence within the organization because he's really good at basketball. Fuck that. That goes against everything that the Spurs stood for during a run that got them 5 rings and turned them into the most revered organization in all of sports. If it was Timmy or some other Spurs' legend that spoke up against their bullshit I'm glad. Besides, Neph (and his Uncle) obviously allowed his ascension to superstardom to get to their head, so there's no guarantee they don't eventually seek out a bigger market anyway. The list of superstars that have left smaller markets for brighter lights is long, so why are some of you so convinced that the Spurs would've been immune to that if they would've just catered to them?

Pop and the culture is the only thing preventing us from descending into obscurity like Sacramento, Orlando, or other smaller, comparable markets. It's not worth giving that up for 5 years max of a generational talent, imo. If PATFO drafts like they have the last few years, our Spurs will be back next year. I'm excited for the off-season. It's wide open next year, and I don't think there will be any team that the Spurs have no shot against (like it was against GS with Durant)--that includes Nephew's Raptors/Clippers.

duncan2k5
06-16-2019, 12:37 AM
this. For all the misgivings about Pop, no one can ever question about his priority toward's his players health. If not, how could it even be possible for Duncan, Ginobili and even Parker play for so long and at a high level until their late 30s. If they were with other teams their career would have ended much earlier (considering all the injuries they piled up over their nba career).

Pop in 2000 was VERY different from Pop now... If last season was Pop's second year, there's no way he publicly throw shade at Kawhi... Kawhi's injury would be a non-issue... But he has had damn near twenty years with Manu and Parker... He wanted them to retire in dignity with a strong championship push on Kawhi's back

spurraider21
06-16-2019, 12:51 AM
:lmao

duncan2k5
06-16-2019, 12:52 AM
My take so far: If Kawhi really flipped the script on the team that traded a good player to draft him, built him up, got him his first Finals MVP, and made him the "franchise player" over something that one or two guys said to him...that's a bitch move, tbh.

I'm sure the Spurs weren't without fault by the medical staff or the people surrounding Kawhi. This just in...people aren't perfect. Neither are doctors (which I can clearly attest to as a person who has lost a father to cancer and dealt with several misdiagnoses for my mother's).

It's time to move on.

I have a warped way of thinking... Teams don't make players franchise players... That's not how it works

duncan2k5
06-16-2019, 12:55 AM

or

then GTFO.

or

Tim had to be begged... How quickly we forget

duncan2k5
06-16-2019, 12:59 AM

Pop sucked LMA off after he demanded a trade and gave no reason until AFTER no one wanted him and he was forced to sit and talk with Pop

Fusternino
06-16-2019, 01:32 AM
I basically skip everything duncan2k5 writes, haha.

daslicer
06-16-2019, 01:36 AM

The smartest move you can do in here.

apalisoc_9
06-16-2019, 01:53 AM
Duncan2k5

Actually had the privilage to meet with multiple spurs superstar. Iirc hes talked to timmy, big three, kawhi.

Hes more connected than most patfo fluffers.

DMC
06-16-2019, 01:55 AM

Well you're both wrong. He should have been traded because he wasn't going to play and the Spurs had to move on. Holding on to him through the next season would be throwing away a season for Pop and for the team. I wasn't happy to trade him. I just know there wasn't a real option that was better than that. It's not like he was delivering his side of the contract, he was in NY for fuck's sake. He wasn't even around during the playoffs. There was no mending those fences.

It doesn't matter if he won a ring or not, how how great he is or will be. It doesn't change anything.

DMC
06-16-2019, 01:57 AM
Duncan2k5

Actually had the privilage to meet with multiple spurs superstar. Iirc hes talked to timmy, big three, kawhi.

So did most of the special Olympians.

dbreiden83080
06-16-2019, 02:02 AM
Pop sucked LMA off after he demanded a trade and gave no reason until AFTER no one wanted him and he was forced to sit and talk with Pop

Well what exactly do you want pop to do when he proclaimed this man to be the best player in the league, and then that same player turns around and is a complete snake so he can get traded? Gives a giant fuck you to the entire organization. LA Also was not some chickenshit coward about it. He wasn’t hiding in New York. He wasn’t refusing to sit on the bench. He acted like a man about the situation. So pop respected him more.

Legacy
06-16-2019, 02:04 AM

Legacy
06-16-2019, 02:06 AM
So did most of the special Olympians.

Fucking DMC. :lmao

BillMc
06-16-2019, 05:07 AM
Bring back Melissa or don't bother!

Amen.

gambit1990
06-16-2019, 03:08 PM
always gave kawhi the benefit of the doubt... if it was really all on him then people with inside information would just say that. but there’s obviously more to the story.

Sigz
06-18-2019, 10:14 AM
smh

Proxy
06-18-2019, 10:36 AM
Forgot about Castleberry. Easy to see how dysfunctional a group of him, Dennis, and Kawhi could get. How butthurt they could be if Pop called them out and gave them the DG 'stfu' treatment

LaMarcus Bryant
06-18-2019, 11:00 AM
classic timvp in this thread fwiw tbh tbh tbh

EricB
06-18-2019, 12:16 PM

Yes
no

duncan2k5
06-19-2019, 10:04 AM
Duncan2k5

And I'm sure u see that me and Duncan are friends...

benefactor
06-19-2019, 10:14 AM
And I'm sure u see that me and Duncan are friends...
I'm sure plenty of other dumb island spooks got to take a picture with Duncan on that day as well

YGWHI
06-19-2019, 10:14 AM
Well you're both wrong. He should have been traded because he wasn't going to play and the Spurs had to move on. Holding on to him through the next season would be throwing away a season for Pop and for the team. I wasn't happy to trade him. I just know there wasn't a real option that was better than that. It's not like he was delivering his side of the contract, he was in NY for fuck's sake. He wasn't even around during the playoffs. There was no mending those fences.

It doesn't matter if he won a ring or not, how how great he is or will be. It doesn't change anything.

2018 Spurs in 2019 Spurs. Both teams finished as #7 and got eliminated in first round. Sitting Kawhi a whole year wouldn't have changed anything for the Spurs seeding in 2019.

But it would have sent a strong message to the league and the media while Kawhi would have ruined his career if he refused to play for a whole year.

Instead of doing it, Spurs panicked, traded him and let him to keep building his legend while San Antonio is questioned by media.

YGWHI
06-19-2019, 10:31 AM
From what I understand (and I'm not saying this is fact, just what I was told), Kawhi got his feelings hurt because someone in the organization (not a player, not Pop) said in not-so-kind words that he was being a wimp about the injury. Kawhi wasn't that riled up about it, but was offended.
A guy not named Pop thought he was more important than the franchise player and had the right to call him out.

That's why I said before that the only thing I wanna know if the Spurs are willing to change and adapt.
Like it or not, the NBA is a superstars league and someone on the Spurs thinks he can insult the franchise player without consequences. These type of things have to change in this organization.

Tim Duncan was unique. The Spurs have to get it and adapt to the new times and new superstars. They already lost one in 2018...Don't make the same mistake in next years.

SpursGenius
06-19-2019, 04:35 PM
Crater face couldn’t get over himself

tmtcsc
06-19-2019, 05:14 PM
I can probably accept other faults, but hopefully just not this.

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK if Tim pissed Leonard off. The dude acted childish and his representation from Uncle Dennis was amateurish. If anything, the Spurs failed to treat Uncle Dennis with kid gloves and undervalued his relationship with Kawhi. He was obviously much more important than they realized. Still, KL was a pussy when it came to coming back from injuries. He hurt his ankle in game 1 of the WCF and NEVER even tried to go back on the floor and play. He just shut it down completely. We all know what happened the following year with his 9 game fiasco.

Nah, fuck that dude. I have no sympathy for him. He's a great player but he dicked over San Antonio. He had 2015 (Lost to Clippers 1st round), 2016 (Lost to OKC 2nd Round) & 2017 (Lost to GS in Conference Finals) to LEAD the Spurs to a Championship and couldn't do it.

DMC
06-19-2019, 05:19 PM
2018 Spurs in 2019 Spurs. Both teams finished as #7 and got eliminated in first round. Sitting Kawhi a whole year wouldn't have changed anything for the Spurs seeding in 2019.

But it would have sent a strong message to the league and the media while Kawhi would have ruined his career if he refused to play for a whole year.

Instead of doing it, Spurs panicked, traded him and let him to keep building his legend while San Antonio is questioned by media.

That's because the Spurs are a classy organization and don't dabble in that petty shit.

Pop can't give two shits about sending a message to the rest of the league.

exstatic
06-19-2019, 05:19 PM

Sure it would. Just lacking DeMar's 21/6/6, we don't make the playoffs, let alone the veritable PLAGUE of guard injuries. Not even a smart post, Jabari.