PDA

View Full Version : CIA Pop?

ginobilized
06-14-2019, 02:58 PM
Sure that trade hurt, but....

In one move The Warriors dynasty has been toppled while Houston is also in turmoil.
If Kawhi stays in the East, this is a long-term win for the Spurs.

It’s been too long since there was a CIA Pop thread.

Big Empty
06-14-2019, 03:10 PM
Lol the west is wide open. We are a solid role player away now from possibly beating anyone in the west.

Realdeal1
06-14-2019, 03:12 PM
People want to bash POP and laugh that kawhi ringing backfired on him but pop wanted to get kawhi out East and even told kawhi after trading him to Toronto that he's going to a situation with an opportunity to win a title .. this is all according to chris carter ...

Dejounte
06-14-2019, 03:19 PM
Eh. I think Kawhi is coming west to the Clips. Which i think wouldnt be as scary if he stayed with the Raps

slick'81
06-14-2019, 03:22 PM
Lol the west is wide open. We are a solid role player away now from possibly beating anyone in the west.

Were gonna need more then a solid role player to get outta the first rnd this season

RC_Drunkford
06-14-2019, 03:23 PM
the real question is how can the Spurs improve the roster? DeRozan, Mills, Bertans and Belinelli would have to be shipped out to really improve the team so it can make a deep run in the playoffs

slick'81
06-14-2019, 03:31 PM
the real question is how can the Spurs improve the roster? DeRozan, Mills, Bertans and Belinelli would have to be shipped out to really improve the team so it can make a deep run in the playoffs

How? Is by trade of course but will the spurs actually move patty/demar?

RC_Drunkford
06-14-2019, 03:50 PM

that's what I'm saying: It's almost impossible to turn this team into a real contender next year, because of the contracts that are on the books. Moving Mills would be bigger than anything. Moving DeMar would be good, but I don't like replacing him with Bogdanovic. Even if White, Murray and Walker all show huge improvements that doesn't look like a championship team. And if you somehow add Bogdanovic and keep DeRozan (which is a long shot) it would mean not resigning Rudy. And then add the fact that you have to take salary back unless you trade all of the dead weight on draft night.
I really can't wrap my head around it. Like if you want to make this team a contender again, you'd have to trade about 3-4 players during draft night to really get some cap space to make good additions that elevate the team. And those contracts we'd have to move are not good value contracts. They are viewed as bad, meaning you'd have to attach picks.
The only players I'd target in a trade would be Beal and Covington and both would be difficult to get. Spurs need forwards and most of the role playing ones are free agents, but there's no cap space

Trainwreck2100
06-14-2019, 03:51 PM

how could they possibly get rid of either of those two without giving something of value

TheRemix
06-14-2019, 04:05 PM
that's what I'm saying: It's almost impossible to turn this team into a real contender next year, because of the contracts that are on the books. Moving Mills would be bigger than anything. Moving DeMar would be good, but I don't like replacing him with Bogdanovic. Even if White, Murray and Walker all show huge improvements that doesn't look like a championship team. And if you somehow add Bogdanovic and keep DeRozan (which is a long shot) it would mean not resigning Rudy. And then add the fact that you have to take salary back unless you trade all of the dead weight on draft night.
I really can't wrap my head around it. Like if you want to make this team a contender again, you'd have to trade about 3-4 players during draft night to really get some cap space to make good additions that elevate the team. And those contracts we'd have to move are not good value contracts. They are viewed as bad, meaning you'd have to attach picks.
The only players I'd target in a trade would be Beal and Covington and both would be difficult to get. Spurs need forwards and most of the role playing ones are free agents, but there's no cap space

This is depressing because the spurs can make moves to improve the team but they still wouldn't have the personnel to contend for the title. We're just going to have to watch this team rebuild through the draft and trades for the upcoming years till we have the right squad. I hope the spurs are looking into moving DeRozan/patty/forbes

slick'81
06-14-2019, 04:06 PM
how could they possibly get rid of either of those two without giving something of value

Hey somebodys gotta be dmb enough to atleast think about demar.Maybe rc pulls a miracle and gets good value 4 derozan

SAGirl
06-14-2019, 04:24 PM
What you are saying in that paragraph is likely the reason they will stand pat.

In player development I trust. That the only way to get better with that ^ situation unless someone throws them the kitchen sink for either Aldridge or Derozan... the rumors about Derozan not getting extended are interesting though and something may yet develop we don’t see right now...

RC_Drunkford
06-14-2019, 04:36 PM
What you are saying in that paragraph is likely the reason they will stand pat.

In player development I trust. That the only way to get better with that ^ situation unless someone throws them the kitchen sink for either Aldridge or Derozan... the rumors about Derozan not getting extended are interesting though and something may yet develop we don’t see right now...

yeah one of the young guys would have to become a borderline All-Star to make us contenders again. But the rumor about DeRozan not getting extended and signing Bogdanovic smells like a trade to me. Just not one that makes a lot of sense unless you move other parts also

Spurtacular
06-14-2019, 04:42 PM
The Bucks would've beat the Warriors too. Tap the breaks.

phxspurfan
06-14-2019, 04:43 PM
the answer is always yes. CIA Pop. It was always part of the plan.

Hoops Czar
06-14-2019, 04:44 PM

I laughed.

phxspurfan
06-14-2019, 05:00 PM

What are you talking about, we have tons of role players :lol

itzsoweezee
06-14-2019, 05:10 PM

No, the Spurs are at least two years away from any meaningful improvement, assuming the don't extend DeRozan and choose to become what the raptors were prior to getting kawhi

cutewizard
06-14-2019, 08:02 PM
the Warriors could miss the playoffs next season

no durant, no klay.....

injury prone Curry

Duncan2177
06-14-2019, 08:06 PM
the Warriors could miss the playoffs next season

no durant, no klay.....

injury prone Curry

The warriors are fucked literally. :lol

SpurOutofTownFan
06-14-2019, 09:09 PM
Next year through trade alone I don't think it's possible. But if one of the young players do break out then there is a chance to get far

baseline bum
06-14-2019, 09:18 PM

I think Murray could get the Spurs into the 3-5 seed, but if the Lakers get Davis they're winning the conference.

BlackAndWhite
06-14-2019, 10:28 PM
I'm still surprised at the Bogdonovic trade rumors. This guy isn't good, gets paid a lot and is older than Demar. Why would he be a good candidate for a trade

Hoops Czar
06-14-2019, 11:24 PM
I think Murray could get the Spurs into the 3-5 seed, but if the Lakers get Davis they're winning the conference.

Yes, because New Orleans has all that history of winning the west with AD.

monty4329
06-15-2019, 01:49 AM
I'm still surprised at the Bogdonovic trade rumors. This guy isn't good, gets paid a lot and is older than Demar. Why would he be a good candidate for a trade

Because he is so much better than DDR in todays NBA. The guy shoots, is big, and has balls. Defends better than DDR, and played well in the playoffs while literally being guarder by three defenders the whole series. Plus, he'll be easily tradeable after a year if needed.

IND is not so stupid to take DDR, unfortunately.

RC_Drunkford
06-15-2019, 06:17 AM
Because he is so much better than DDR in todays NBA. The guy shoots, is big, and has balls. Defends better than DDR, and played well in the playoffs while literally being guarder by three defenders the whole series. Plus, he'll be easily tradeable after a year if needed.

he also plays off the ball more and doesn't need a high usage rate to average 20

UZER
06-15-2019, 08:14 AM

Because he’s a euro I can rule under him thumb.

:pop:

dbestpro
06-15-2019, 10:04 AM
Because he’s a euro I can rule under him thumb.

:pop:

Because he is a euro and he will actually run the play the coach calls.

TheGreatYacht
06-15-2019, 12:16 PM
The CIA Pop schtick lol...

No other way to spin Pop's mash potatoes brain than to pretend he did it on purpose instead of being a retard.

All of you faggots found it hilarious last year when he got deported/ "shipped to NBA Siberia" by Pop as punishment.

Seventyniner
06-15-2019, 12:27 PM
Many teams are going into win-now mode with the Warriors looking vulnerable. The price for guys like Beal and Covington is going to go way up.

BackHome
06-15-2019, 12:40 PM
Yeah AD is a walking Vagina no way he goes through a whole season without being injured and old man Lebron is rolling the dice every game when it comes to injury.

R. DeMurre
06-15-2019, 01:20 PM

he also plays off the ball more and doesn't need a high usage rate to average 20

Bogdanovic shot over 42% from three last year-- that alone would change the offense and give White, Murray, & Walker more room to operate... Demar's got a nice 90s style game, but his No 3/No D profile just isn't suited to the modern NBA.

BlackAndWhite
06-15-2019, 02:44 PM
Bogdanovic has a similar playing style to Belinelli in that he's a complementary piece on offense. We would need someone else to run the offense for him in order to make the team stronger. He's also looking to get paid a lot for his season in Indiana so I'm not sure if a 20 million or more multi year contract is worth what he can bring.

spurs10
06-15-2019, 02:53 PM
Bojan had zero blocks for the season. Patty probably had more blocks than that. His defense is reported really bad, but it could be an anomaly for all I know.

RC_Drunkford
06-15-2019, 10:06 PM
Bojan had zero blocks for the season. Patty probably had more blocks than that. His defense is reported really bad, but it could be an anomaly for all I know.

it's mediocre, not traffic cone level like Beli. He guarded LeBron 2 years ago in the post season and did a decent job. So if he's engaged he can at least be average and Pop always gets players to play D. Spurs would need to pair him up with a small ball PF who's a good defender which makes the signing that much more difficult