PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Official “I was wrong about Kawhi” Thread

Monostradamus
06-15-2019, 06:51 PM
For years I insisted that Kawhi was overrated, not a leader, not a superstar, got boosted for years by Tim Duncan, and would be exposed as a second banana at best.

Boy, was I wrong :lol Imagine having that guy on your team and fucking that relationship up so bad that you have to trade him for 50 cents on the dollar :lmao

Robz4000
06-15-2019, 06:54 PM
For years I insisted that Kawhi was overrated, not a leader, not a superstar, got boosted for years by Tim Duncan, and would be exposed as a second banana at best.

Boy, was I wrong :lol Imagine having that guy on your team and fucking that relationship up so bad that you have to trade him for 50 cents on the dollar :lmao

Wish it was 50 cents on the dollar. Spurs actually paid $5mil to the Raptors to take him off their hands.

Bynumite
06-15-2019, 07:25 PM
I used to call Kiwi a system player. I was wrong about him and i'll eat my crow. With that said i'm ecstatic due to the fact he's no longer a spur :toast

Think about it, a lot of sports teams go through years of purgatory after a superstar retirement. Spurs lucked out and had the chance to enjoy a seamless transition from Duncan to Kiwi but instead fucked up big time :lol

How could an organization shit the bed this badly? :lmao

Robz4000
06-15-2019, 07:31 PM
I used to call Kiwi a system player. I was wrong about him and i'll eat my crow. With that said i'm ecstatic due to the fact he's no longer a spur :toast

Think about it, a lot of sports teams go through years of purgatory after a superstar retirement. Spurs lucked out and had the chance to enjoy a seamless transition from Duncan to Kiwi but instead fucked up big time :lol

How could an organization shit the bed this badly? :lmao

Just look in the mirror imo.

midnightpulp
06-15-2019, 07:38 PM
Just look in the mirror imo.

:lol

GB20
06-15-2019, 07:44 PM

Never underestimate spurs's development. They are for real.

apalisoc_9
06-15-2019, 07:44 PM
Yawn

Typical non-spursfans overrating an ex spur per par.

midnightpulp
06-15-2019, 07:50 PM
I always thought he would be an elite player, but was unsure of his peak. Would he be a Scottie Pippen, who Kawhi more emulated early on being a lockdown defender and elite SF rebounder while averaging around 20PPG? Or a legit number 1 superstar?

Where I'll admit I was wrong is in his blame in the Spurs debacle. Following the chain of events, I think he and "his team" are the figurative "villains" in the scenario. But if he stays put in Toronto, it'll make me rethink the Spurs contribution to his disillusionment. If he bolts for LA, then we know he's a diva who simply wants the glitzy, big market for brand reasons.

DMC
06-15-2019, 08:23 PM
If the Raptors lost because KD played, Kawhi likely goes West and he's just an ex-Spur who made some noise in Toronto. It would be attributed to Lebron being gone, and the narrative would be that DeRozan would have had basically the same results. Barely beating the 76ers while at full strength vs the GS Warriors who swept the Blazers without their best player, and put Houston to pasture in the final game in Houston without him as well. I mean, it could have been a much different outcome.

Kawhi has had some favorable circumstances to say the least. That said, he's still a great player.

whitemamba
06-16-2019, 01:21 PM
Kawhi is in the conversation for best player on the world. The best 2 way player for sure. I never could talk shit because he was so good. But joy filled my heart when news of The Deportation appeared. Had he stayed in the farms , spurs probably getting another ring or two. The foreseeable future is dark without the klaw. I keep saying this is all pop and the teams fault. Isolating kawhi , calling him out in the media. “Talk to kawhis people” , “my injury is 100 times wore “ good for kawhi leaving a toxic atmosphere. Poopavich really shit the bed on this one.

Mark Celibate
06-16-2019, 01:46 PM
I know everybody is :loling at San Antonio but the Bucks have to be feeling like shit too. Wasn't that long ago everybody had them penciled in the Finals after hammering Toronto the first two games. All they had to do was pull out the 2 OT game in Game 3, and the Raptors likely fold after that. They would've made quick work of Golden State as well, imo. Who knows if they'll get another shot like this again?

Mitch
06-16-2019, 02:07 PM
After he left Fat Antonio, he seemed to improve. Says a lot about the quality of the spurs, tbh

FkLA
06-16-2019, 02:10 PM

So basically what you are saying is that you have terrible takes?

I always thought he would be an elite player, but was unsure of his peak. Would he be a Scottie Pippen, who Kawhi more emulated early on being a lockdown defender and elite SF rebounder while averaging around 20PPG? Or a legit number 1 superstar?

Where I'll admit I was wrong is in his blame in the Spurs debacle. Following the chain of events, I think he and "his team" are the figurative "villains" in the scenario. But if he stays put in Toronto, it'll make me rethink the Spurs contribution to his disillusionment. If he bolts for LA, then we know he's a diva who simply wants the glitzy, big market for brand reasons.

Nah. I do think there's an outside chance that Toronto retains him if they completely bend over backwards for him. I'm talking an unlimited load management card for Neph and a cushy, influential job within the organization for Uncle. Probably worth it for them since they didn't have any success before him and it will be tough for them after him. Wouldn't have made sense for the Spurs though, since it would've destroyed the "culture" which is the only thing preventing them from fading even further into obscurity post-TD (like other shitty franchises like SAC, ORL, DAL, PHX, etc have).

Othyus Lalanne
06-16-2019, 02:37 PM

His family helped him after his father was shot. Probably that's his motivation.

DMC
06-16-2019, 04:24 PM
I know everybody is :loling at San Antonio but the Bucks have to be feeling like shit too. Wasn't that long ago everybody had them penciled in the Finals after hammering Toronto the first two games. All they had to do was pull out the 2 OT game in Game 3, and the Raptors likely fold after that. They would've made quick work of Golden State as well, imo. Who knows if they'll get another shot like this again?
They even played Kawhi's laugh over their PA during the game. That has to be a real sore spot about now.

DMC
06-16-2019, 04:27 PM
After he left Fat Antonio, he seemed to improve. Says a lot about the quality of the spurs, tbh

He had a FMVP and 2 DPOYs before he left. His improvement is that he actually played. When he can play in the RS without needing to be a part timer, that will be telling.

Mitch
06-16-2019, 04:48 PM
He had a FMVP and 2 DPOYs before he left. His improvement is that he actually played. When he can play in the RS without needing to be a part timer, that will be telling.

He didn't wanna play for Spurs, but for Raptors he went all out :lol

My point

Spurtacular
06-16-2019, 04:50 PM
I wasn't wrong about this faggot quitting on the Spurs. Considering I made threads about him being best player in the world, I would not say I was wrong about his talent; though some would argue that I over-rated him.

Spurtacular
06-16-2019, 04:54 PM

Yup. Bucks were truly the best team all season. But if there's a silver lining, who really wants to see a team win that there superstar cannot make a jump shot?

GB20
06-16-2019, 05:16 PM
Dude!! He was better in 2017 with much better defense. This year he can't even play back to back game. That limp is going to get worse with age.

DMC
06-16-2019, 05:58 PM
He didn't wanna play for Spurs, but for Raptors he went all out :lol

My point

Oh yes, his condition seemed to improve but he still sat out almost half the games.