PDA

View Full Version : OT: LaVar Ball on Davis trade: 'It will be the worst move the Lakers ever did

ducks
06-15-2019, 09:26 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/la-var-ball-downplays-news-of-lonzo-being-traded-to-pelicans-for-anthony-davis-003631540.html

FkLA
06-15-2019, 09:28 PM
Didn't Gonzo disown him?

Spurs 4 The Win
06-15-2019, 09:28 PM
Clown world

FrostKing
06-15-2019, 09:29 PM
https://www.sacred-texts.com/nos/nos.jpg

Spurtacular
06-15-2019, 10:01 PM
Get that fucker out of Hollywood. Solid move for everyone.

Play Boban
06-15-2019, 11:16 PM
I just hope LaVar and Lonzo can survive those cold, snowy New Orleans winters tbh........ :wakeup

dbreiden83080
06-15-2019, 11:47 PM
All of your kids suck..

ducks
06-16-2019, 12:50 AM
Ball could go with 4 pick

DMC
06-16-2019, 01:16 AM
Dude straight up belongs in the red light district.

Arcadian
06-16-2019, 11:38 AM
:lol What a stupid mother fucker...

Thread
06-16-2019, 12:16 PM
The (Suns) longed for this guy with every beat of their hearts. Now? "I'm glad. I really didn't want him. In fact, I hate him. We're better off. And you know what else? It's a good thing."

Will Hunting
06-16-2019, 12:25 PM
The (Suns) longed for this guy with every beat of their hearts. Now? "I'm glad. I really didn't want him. In fact, I hate him. We're better off. And you know what else? It's a good thing."
Could imagine the shitshow that would have been Lavar Ball mixed with the Suns and Sarver?

Capt Bringdown
06-16-2019, 12:57 PM
Why, I thought Lonzo was supposed to be the next Magic Johnson...?

One of the biggest all-time busts.

Double-Up
06-16-2019, 12:57 PM

My nigga...I thought you had retired.

Thread
06-16-2019, 01:32 PM

No, I've been over on Twitter supporting the President. He followed me for about 3 months!

Splits
06-16-2019, 01:39 PM
No, I've been over on Twitter supporting the President. He followed me for about 3 months!

Oh god

Play Boban
06-16-2019, 02:33 PM

Better than magic tbh.

DMC
06-16-2019, 04:01 PM

He's more like the current Magic Johnson.

DMC
06-16-2019, 04:02 PM

Did you hit him with a "lmcontrollinao!" or two?

baseline bum
06-16-2019, 04:12 PM
Could imagine the shitshow that would have been Lavar Ball mixed with the Suns and Sarver?

If there is a god, please make this happen.

baseline bum
06-16-2019, 04:12 PM

I thought he was dead tbh

Killakobe81
06-16-2019, 05:34 PM

My MAGA brother!!!
Lol

Killakobe81
06-16-2019, 05:36 PM

I enjoyed some of your tweets a bit over zealous but entertaining... Real talk, I know you admire and respect him but do you truly believe he us the best president ever? Even over Reagan, both Bush FDR etc.?!

Double-Up
06-16-2019, 08:39 PM
I enjoyed some of your tweets a bit over zealous but entertaining... Real talk, I know you admire and respect him but do you truly believe he us the best president ever? Even over Reagan, both Bush FDR etc.?!

No motherfucker believes that shit.

Thread
06-17-2019, 12:54 AM
Did you hit him with a "lmcontrollinao!" or two?

No. But, I hit him a couple times with quotes from the remake of "True Grit."

"We've miles to go."
"C'mon, you!!"

------
Here's one from a few days ago:::

Dale Robinson‏ @Cub_Castleberry (https://twitter.com/Cub_Castleberry) Jun 14 (https://twitter.com/Cub_Castleberry/status/1139629832344485893)More

Replying to @realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)
You whooped the dog shit outta her 2 Novembers ago, Mr. President. Made her crawl, belly draggin' out the door & into retirement. Now, Sanders & Biden are next on the retirement tour."Now, say good night."
---------

Thread
06-17-2019, 01:02 AM

Absolutely. He's put America 1st. He's demanded the deadbeats of the world pony up their money & for them to stand on their own fuckin' feet. Christ, WW2 is 75 years over & we're still babysitting Germany & Japan. It's horseshit.

Bush2 portended to be a Rep, a conservative, aligned with the people who supported & voted for him. Turns out the SOB was in bed with Hussein Obama & his wife the whole gd time. Never saw those pictures of them in the circa, they were hidden from us so we'd fight it out here on the streets while he & them were whackin' the boodle up. Now those pictures are plastered everywhere & proudly. A kick in my face, Killa. It was & perhaps still is like professional rasslin', Killa. I don't believe Trump would forsake "me" like that. I really don't, but, yet, I wouldn't be shocked in the bitter end.

Thread
06-17-2019, 01:04 AM
Oh god

Just don't ever forget who gave you that name, Splits. Your's truly.

Splits
06-17-2019, 07:08 AM

"We've miles to go."
"C'mon, you!!"

------

Dale Robinson‏ @Cub_Castleberry (https://twitter.com/Cub_Castleberry) Jun 14 (https://twitter.com/Cub_Castleberry/status/1139629832344485893)More

You whooped the dog shit outta her 2 Novembers ago, Mr. President. Made her crawl, belly draggin' out the door & into retirement. Now, Sanders & Biden are next on the retirement tour."Now, say good night."
---------

Say goodnight. He's getting his ass waxed by Obama 2.0

https://i.imgur.com/SJJrtD0.png

Thread
06-17-2019, 07:45 AM
Say goodnight. He's getting his ass waxed by Obama 2.0

https://i.imgur.com/SJJrtD0.png

The night before the last election Hillary was assured of the Presidency by a 98+%.

Just after midnight on election night He slabbed & tagged Her.

& your bunch:::"We've have it with old---white---men. Never again! Enough! We want a woman. We want a woman of color. We want a Me Too'er. We want change. We demand change!"

Who's sittin' there, Splits? 2-old-white-men Biden & Sanders.

LMVICTORIOUSAO!

Splits
06-17-2019, 10:15 AM
The night before the last election Hillary was assured of the Presidency by a 98+%.

& your bunch:::"We've have it with old---white---men. Never again! Enough! We want a woman. We want a woman of color. We want a Me Too'er. We want change. We demand change!"

LMVICTORIOUSAO!

You're living in an alternate universe. The night before your Putin Puppet stole the election, the odds were 70/30, same as a FG kicker missing a 43 yarder.

Killakobe81
06-17-2019, 10:52 AM
wasn't trying to make this thread full on political
just wanted to ask if he truly thought Trump was the best.

Y'all can debate tht elsewhere now that he has answered the question.

Thread
06-17-2019, 11:44 AM
You're living in an alternate universe. The night before your Putin Puppet stole the election, the odds were 70/30, same as a FG kicker missing a 43 yarder.

You ain't rewriting history upon my return, Splits. No way, Jose'. She had a 98+% of being President the next day & got trucked.

& that tired ass Putin/Russia malarkey. Ha. You just couldn't take the loss. So, you did what you did back in Florida with Gore/Bush. You took a fit, crapped the bed & wouldn't accept said loss, even though Bush was duplicitous. "You" made out like a bandit there.

But, sweetheart, Trump is President forever, just like the 44 before him.

Thread
06-17-2019, 11:51 AM
wasn't trying to make this thread full on political
just wanted to ask if he truly thought Trump was the best.

Y'all can debate tht elsewhere now that he has answered the question.

I see you ain't a changed a bit, Killa. Still milquetoast, still mamby & pamby, still standing on the edge of the fence. Every time I ever needed you to stand with me in these parts I'd turned & you would be gone, or, looking out the window, or, shoppin' at the Walgreens. You were never there, Killa. I'd forgotten about that till this morning. & I'm sickened at the sight. Damn ya, Killa. Damn your eyes!

ambchang
06-17-2019, 12:30 PM
Back the hell off Thread, you chickenshit wouldn't show up until Unibrow is in purple and gold. You have no right to be here after hiding in your reading room when goings were tough.

Thread
06-17-2019, 12:51 PM
Back the hell off Thread (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19320), you chickenshit wouldn't show up until Unibrow is in purple and gold. You have no right to be here after hiding in your reading room when goings were tough.

I was here BEFORE the Davis acquisition, dumb-dumb.

Splits
06-17-2019, 02:56 PM
You ain't rewriting history upon my return, Splits. No way, Jose'. She had a 98+% of being President the next day & got trucked.

& that tired ass Putin/Russia malarkey. Ha. You just couldn't take the loss. So, you did what you did back in Florida with Gore/Bush. You took a fit, crapped the bed & wouldn't accept said loss, even though Bush was duplicitous. "You" made out like a bandit there.

But, sweetheart, Trump is President forever, just like the 44 before him.

Here's your history being re-written: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

His fixer is in prison for paying hush money to his hooker, in violation of election law. The election was stolen, period.

Enjoy the next 18 months, that's all you get Charlie. First one-termer since Senior. No 8 years for you. Nuh uh.

Thread
06-17-2019, 03:19 PM
Here's your history being re-written: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

His fixer is in prison for paying hush money to his hooker, in violation of election law. The election was stolen, period.

Enjoy the next 18 months, that's all you get Charlie. First one-termer since Senior. No 8 years for you. Nuh uh.

Then lay it on the line, you sideshow lookin' SOB, you. He gets 4 more years you leave. He is defeated I leave. No bullshit, that's it & that's all.

Splits
06-17-2019, 03:39 PM
Then lay it on the line, you sideshow lookin' SOB, you. He gets 4 more years you leave. He is defeated I leave. No bullshit, that's it & that's all.

Done. And I'll piss on your grave.

DMC
06-17-2019, 04:35 PM

LMVICTORIOUSAO!

Arn

midnightpulp
06-17-2019, 07:32 PM

Welcome back. In any event, I can see Davis being a player who you see as a career loser. What probably really brought you back was to see the fallout after Kawhi rang.

Thread
06-17-2019, 07:59 PM
Welcome back. In any event, I can see Davis being a player who you see as a career loser. What probably really brought you back was to see the fallout after Kawhi rang.

True. The whole Leonard trail is a treat. I love how Media has curried it, got their way as the way developed. Media didn't want him to ring after forsaking Pop, but, then warmed up to that notion as a means to keep him out of a Lakers uniform. & they got that prayer answered. "How could he leave Canada now? He can't. It wouldn't be right." They thought the same with New Orleans when they gleaned Zion. "Davis & Mt. Zion, he'll stay now." Nope.

But Davis in Los Angeles is dicey at best. James doesn't want to strive any longer. He's sated & winding down. Davis will need somebody to hold his hand. Well, hell, James needs that as well. Magic would have liked to provide that hand, but, he's wounded, ain't been the same since that day the doctor laid the diagnosis on him HIV/AIDs. He's been running like a mad man every day since. He can't get settled. One second he's right there, ready to assume his mantle. The very next second? In blind panic at what he's seen, but, mostly what he's heard about (it). Mounting regret at what he'd done after being repeatedly warned about the dangers of his activities. But, (man) listens with one good ear & simultaneously is reaching with his hands to touch everything he can & desires.

He can't "sit" still & focus. So he "runs" maniacally till he exhausts himself & drops & dreams a nightmare sleep only to waken and find reality so deep in his gut that it actually speaks to him. Refreshed, he rises from where, anywhere he is ensconced, whether it be the movie business, MLB business, NBA business, et al & tears off "running" once & again.

Grim business.

FrostKing
06-18-2019, 01:24 AM
GWB. Awful before, during and in hindsight.

ambchang
06-18-2019, 06:01 AM

You were here after the raptors made it.

Thread
06-18-2019, 10:26 AM
You were here after the raptors made it.

You win. I'll go.

baseline bum
06-18-2019, 10:49 AM
You win. I'll go.

to fuck your mother some more?

Mugen
06-18-2019, 10:51 AM
I legit thought Cully was dead or in prison for child molestation.

What's next, cobbler is gonna wheel his ass back into our hearts?

ambchang
06-18-2019, 10:57 AM
You win. I'll go.

Doesn’t matter, you are still a chickenshit for showing up at all.

ElNono
06-18-2019, 10:57 AM
Absolutely. He's put America 1st. He's demanded the deadbeats of the world pony up their money & for them to stand on their own fuckin' feet. Christ, WW2 is 75 years over & we're still babysitting Germany & Japan. It's horseshit.

Bush2 portended to be a Rep, a conservative, aligned with the people who supported & voted for him. Turns out the SOB was in bed with Hussein Obama & his wife the whole gd time. Never saw those pictures of them in the circa, they were hidden from us so we'd fight it out here on the streets while he & them were whackin' the boodle up. Now those pictures are plastered everywhere & proudly. A kick in my face, Killa. It was & perhaps still is like professional rasslin', Killa. I don't believe Trump would forsake "me" like that. I really don't, but, yet, I wouldn't be shocked in the bitter end.

:lmao republican old people... so desperate to feel relevant and represented, they'll lie to themselves to no end. But deep down you know what's up. Dennison is a dime a dozen NY con man.

06-18-2019, 11:02 AM
You win. I'll go.
No, stay. You might not be the hero ST wants, but, you're the hero we need.

Splits
11-14-2020, 05:09 PM

"We've miles to go."
"C'mon, you!!"

------

---------

:lmao

MultiTroll
06-05-2022, 11:59 AM
Instead of sacking up and hononring the bet:
https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/64862c76c70bf61b6a6702cd117d48e7

Thread
06-05-2022, 12:02 PM
Instead of sacking up and hononring the bet:
https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/64862c76c70bf61b6a6702cd117d48e7

Splits granted grace.

Splits

Thread
06-06-2022, 10:05 AM
Splits granted grace.

Splits

Thanks, Splitzer. Now, now take a look at this picture...

https://s22928.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Robert-Horry.jpeg

And you know that Coach Adelmann told that rock head Webber out of that final time out..."Don't leave him, Chris, not for nary second, Chris. 1-2-3...break!!!"

The sound, I say the sound of that horn as that shot came in keeps my blood from coagulatin. Hand full of Senators can't pass legislation, this whole crazy world, oh, daddy, it's just too frustratin'...

lefty
06-06-2022, 02:46 PM
I feel like Aderlman is a very under appreciated coach

Sure he made some dumb mistakes - playing a very rusty Stojakovic in the 2002 WCF was one of them, especially with Turkoglu being a matchup nightmare for the Lakers, but he gave problems for Phil Jackson's teams

Lost in 6 to the Bulls with a roster of Drexler + role players, should have won the 2002 series, pushed the Lakers to a 7th game with a shit Rockets team and despite Von Wafer's antics (even had the balls to send him to the locker room in the middle of the series :lol)

Medvedenko
06-06-2022, 05:09 PM
Lavar was and is right.

ambchang
06-06-2022, 07:47 PM

Sure he made some dumb mistakes - playing a very rusty Stojakovic in the 2002 WCF was one of them, especially with Turkoglu being a matchup nightmare for the Lakers, but he gave problems for Phil Jackson's teams

Lost in 6 to the Bulls with a roster of Drexler + role players, should have won the 2002 series, pushed the Lakers to a 7th game with a shit Rockets team and despite Von Wafer's antics (even had the balls to send him to the locker room in the middle of the series :lol)

I’d argue he set the SSoL d’antoni ball up, which influenced the beautiful game and led to todays three point barrage.

Isitjustme?
06-06-2022, 08:02 PM

Wasn't too Turkoglu was busy shooting threes off the side of the backboard and passing the ball off people's legs in that series, tho??

Thread
06-06-2022, 08:21 PM
Lavar was and is right.

Without Davis we're light 1. They don't grow on trees, Meds.

baseline bum
06-07-2022, 09:22 AM
Lavar was and is right.

No way, the Davis trade brought you guys from the lottery to a title. Can't blame the Davis trade for the Westbrook trade taking you back to the lottery.

baseline bum
06-07-2022, 09:24 AM

LOL Turkoglu being such a matchup nightmare for the Lakers that Phil Jackson decided to stop guarding him starting Game 3 of the 04 Spurs-Lakers series, leading to the Lakers winning the next 4 by packing the paint when Turkoglu couldn't hit three with no one within ten feet of him.

Medvedenko
06-07-2022, 10:47 AM
Without Davis we're light 1. They don't grow on trees, Meds.

I've taken zero joy watching this era of Laker ball. I'd rather be light 1, knowing that Kobe is the last true Laker to win one. Not a fan of Lebron and never will be.

lefty
06-07-2022, 10:58 AM
LOL Turkoglu being such a matchup nightmare for the Lakers that Phil Jackson decided to stop guarding him starting Game 3 of the 04 Spurs-Lakers series, leading to the Lakers winning the next 4 by packing the paint when Turkoglu couldn't hit three with no one within ten feet of him.

You’re right
Actually Turko played well vs L.A in 2009, not 2002

Playing Peja in 2002 was still a mistake tho

Thread
06-07-2022, 11:00 AM
I've taken zero joy watching this era of Laker ball. I'd rather be light 1, knowing that Kobe is the last true Laker to win one. Not a fan of Lebron and never will be.

Kobe was no picnic, Meds. He was complicit with Gasol acting as lead in deep sixing D'Antonio for no reason whatsoever. That was criminal what was done to him.
He raped that girl, sure it wasn't a rape like off the street, but it was rape and he cost himself and us his prime's prime, GD it.
Instead of being the bigger man and acquiescing to Daddy he instead fought him tooth and nail and they divorced costing us unknown championships.

I too take no joy in the LeBron ring, but it does register in the count. I'm not eschewing it, ever.

Thread
06-07-2022, 11:02 AM
You’re right
Actually Turko played well vs L.A in 2009, not 2002

Playing Peja in 2002 was still a mistake tho

...& that fucker went to Texas and got straightened out. I'll lament that on into the grave.

Medvedenko
06-07-2022, 12:58 PM
Kobe was no picnic, Meds. He was complicit with Gasol acting as lead in deep sixing D'Antonio for no reason whatsoever. That was criminal what was done to him.
He raped that girl, sure it wasn't a rape like off the street, but it was rape and he cost himself and us his prime's prime, GD it.
Instead of being the bigger man and acquiescing to Daddy he instead fought him tooth and nail and they divorced costing us unknown championships.

I too take no joy in the LeBron ring, but it does register in the count. I'm not eschewing it, ever.

All salient points, agree that Kobe was not picnic, but he was ours, tooth and nail.

Thread
06-07-2022, 01:44 PM
All salient points, agree that Kobe was not picnic, but he was ours, tooth and nail.

...yes. And he did permit Fisher to mentor him (sternly) during that '10 Finals. If he fought Fisher there we'd be light 1, but he took his Dutch Uncle from him like a trouper and we rang because he'd learned from the mistakes he'd made.

He tried to reach Howard, no matter how bad that looked in the circa, but Howard wasn't ready then...but perhaps because of Kobe's Dutch Uncle toward him Howard then recognized the light later and rang himself so that he didn't have to sit on that TnT dais with Daddy and Smith and not have that look of vacancy that Barkley is forever branded with.

Kobe tried to make good his transgressions as he wound down. It was never easy; he was forever uncomfortable with his desired reinvention, hard to watch in real time, I'd squirm reading about it. bit he never quit, or, and never turned bitter. He repaired his marriage (how difficult that must have been, but he did it!) never beefed about not fathering a son, but taught those girl's well and was there at the last to envelope the 1 as the end came into view.

Kobe Bryant

ambchang
06-07-2022, 10:37 PM
...yes. And he did permit Fisher to mentor him (sternly) during that '10 Finals. If he fought Fisher there we'd be light 1, but he took his Dutch Uncle from him like a trouper and we rang because he'd learned from the mistakes he'd made.

He tried to reach Howard, no matter how bad that looked in the circa, but Howard wasn't ready then...but perhaps because of Kobe's Dutch Uncle toward him Howard then recognized the light later and rang himself so that he didn't have to sit on that TnT dais with Daddy and Smith and not have that look of vacancy that Barkley is forever branded with.

Kobe tried to make good his transgressions as he wound down. It was never easy; he was forever uncomfortable with his desired reinvention, hard to watch in real time, I'd squirm reading about it. bit he never quit, or, and never turned bitter. He repaired his marriage (how difficult that must have been, but he did it!) never beefed about not fathering a son, but taught those girl's well and was there at the last to envelope the 1 as the end came into view.

Kobe Bryant

Kobe didn't get D12 the ring, but Lebron did. Lebron > Kobe.

06-09-2022, 08:29 PM
Worst move was signing lebron tbh but this is somewhere in the top 5

Thread
06-10-2022, 09:03 AM
Worst move was signing lebron tbh but this is somewhere in the top 5

It did culminate with that ring, not yet 2 years old...seems like forever.

As much an asshole as he is it's not his fault we fucked with that championship roster for no reason whatsoever. None. But we did; we fucked with it and we found out. Then we tried to make it up by bringing back some people off it this season, but wouldn't play them for some inexplicable reason, they soured and we ran them off for the second time.

We deemed, tied Westbrook to the whipping post and scapegoated him. He was ripe for that designation and will suffice as whipping boy for as long as he sustains with the Lakers, kinda like what we did to Odom when we was all done with him and dumped him on the street. (Media) won't touch James for it...for the simple reason he insulated himself almost upon arrival with that ring. If he'd/James failed to ring he'd a been tethered to said whipping post, (not like Daddy in the old days, uh-uh, no way) but loosely tethered and lightly beaten in a gentle way, but that didn't happen. He rang and he'll be canonized all along the line.

It's an ugly ring, drenched in the blood of a career ne'er to well///criminal/Floyd, but it's cipher is toted and registered...and the further we get from it the better it will seem.