PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: RIP Whataburger

Play Boban
06-15-2019, 11:14 PM
How will the sale of God’s burgers impact the Spurs’ free agency outlook tbh? Aside from the sewage infested river walk and the dilapidated Alamo, this is all SA has going for it tbh.......

DMC
06-16-2019, 12:59 AM
No idea what you're talking about.

apalisoc_9
06-16-2019, 01:02 AM
Man, had they closed before Dejuan got drafted..Dejuan might still have a career in the NBA.

DMC
06-16-2019, 01:16 AM
Man, had they closed before Dejuan got drafted..Dejuan might still have a career in the NBA.
Nah, he couldn't keep his hands out of the jewelry case.

Nivek_ogre
06-16-2019, 08:46 AM
Another shit poster.

Capt Bringdown
06-16-2019, 01:26 PM
Majority interest in Whataburger sold to a Chicago bank

J.J. Watt is calling on fans to buy back Whataburger. The Texas governor is on board --- >> (https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/15/business/whataburger-jj-watt-texas-trnd/index.html)

Thread
06-16-2019, 01:35 PM
Their biscuits & gravy is a staple in this house. I bring it back to the house, lay the potato sticks on top, then pour the gravy, then lay 3 eggs over easy on top of the old thing. It's gone in like 60 seconds.

Mitch
06-16-2019, 01:36 PM
Their biscuits & gravy is a staple in this house. I bring it back to the house, lay the potato sticks on top, then pour the gravy, then lay 3 eggs over easy on top of the old thing. It's gone in like 60 seconds.

Welcome back, Cub. Enjoying Trump's america?

Play Boban
06-16-2019, 02:36 PM
Read the newspaper tbh.

Will Hunting
06-16-2019, 02:49 PM
The owners sold a majority stake in Whataburger to a PE fund in Chicago and people are losing their minds because it’s no longer a “Texas Company”

baseline bum
06-16-2019, 03:17 PM

Bend over. I'll lay you over easy.

DMC
06-16-2019, 03:43 PM
The owners sold a majority stake in Whataburger to a PE fund in Chicago and people are losing their minds because it’s no longer a “Texas Company”

It's a shithole. I never eat there and haven't in over 30 years. First time I tried one as a teen, I couldn't take more than a bite. That's bad when a 16 year old cannot eat one.

GAustex
06-16-2019, 04:04 PM
They seem to vary in quality
Don’t eat FF often but
The one in Giddings was pretty damn good
The one on Anderson near Northcross Mall and the one near Pfville not good

baseline bum
06-16-2019, 04:10 PM

I don't fucking understand the fascination Texas has with Whataburger. It reminds me of Wallace on The Wire and his ridiculous love for the projects of West Baltimore.

Spurtacular
06-16-2019, 04:19 PM

Spurtacular
06-16-2019, 04:20 PM
I haven't lived in a Whataburger area for a long time. I'd only be mad if they got rid of the biscuits and gravy.

Millennial_Messiah
06-16-2019, 04:44 PM
Majority interest in Whataburger sold to a Chicago bank

J.J. Watt is calling on fans to buy back Whataburger. The Texas governor is on board --- >> (https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/15/business/whataburger-jj-watt-texas-trnd/index.html)
Dafuq is JJ Watt thinking? He's from Wisconsin, I guess he just hates all things Chicago growing up a Packerfan/Bears hater.

Millennial_Messiah
06-16-2019, 04:45 PM
They have Whataburger in Arizona? lol.

Trainwreck2100
06-16-2019, 08:26 PM

I wouldn't care if it sold to someone who wasn't a Texan company, it was sold to a bank which means the service will turn to shit, the ingredients will turn to shit, and the all around product will deteriorate.

Millennial_Messiah
06-16-2019, 08:29 PM
I wouldn't care if it sold to someone who wasn't a Texan company, it was sold to a bank which means the service will turn to shit, the ingredients will turn to shit, and the all around product will deteriorate.

If the prices go down, it might be worth it though. Whataburger charges California prices in a Texas market which has always been offputting to me if I don't have one of their coupons to go there.

Trainwreck2100
06-16-2019, 08:33 PM
If the prices go down, it might be worth it though. Whataburger charges California prices in a Texas market which has always been offputting to me if I don't have one of their coupons to go there.

If i want the mcdonalds experience I'll eat at McDonalds. They charge what they can because they earned the ability to over the years.

Millennial_Messiah
06-16-2019, 08:40 PM
If i want the mcdonalds experience I'll eat at McDonalds. They charge what they can because they earned the ability to over the years.

Or you can make your own burgers in the comfort of your own home for less than the price of McDonalds and better quality than Whataburger... plus you know exactly what you're getting since you cooked it.

Trainwreck2100
06-16-2019, 08:59 PM
Or you can make your own burgers in the comfort of your own home for less than the price of McDonalds and better quality than Whataburger... plus you know exactly what you're getting since you cooked it.

Or i can not be a cheap sob and just eat at whataburger. At least till it's ruined by douchebags.

Millennial_Messiah
06-16-2019, 09:07 PM
Or i can not be a cheap sob and just eat at whataburger. At least till it's ruined by douchebags.

It's unhealthy to eat fast food in general and it's unhealthy to eat anything fried in "vegetable oil". Best to cook your own food and use canola oil (same price as vegetable oil; cheap) for high heat/general use/frying, and olive oil (expensive) for low heat stuff/taste.

ElNono
06-16-2019, 09:33 PM
I don't fucking understand the fascination Texas has with Whataburger. It reminds me of Wallace on The Wire and his ridiculous love for the projects of West Baltimore.

coz Muhrica

Thread
06-17-2019, 01:12 AM
Welcome back, Cub. Enjoying Trump's america?

It's been a wonderment, Mitch. I sent him this several days ago:::

Dale Robinson‏ @Cub_Castleberry (https://twitter.com/Cub_Castleberry) Jun 9 (https://twitter.com/Cub_Castleberry/status/1137635245753155584)More

Replying to @realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)
I too watch MSNBC in the morning. I make a point of it. I keep my blood boiled, Mr. President, my spleen reloaded each morn.You, This. This Presidency. You! This is as good as it's gonna get, Mr. President. & it will never get this good again, sir.God bless & keep you.

Thread
06-17-2019, 01:15 AM
They have Whataburger in Arizona? lol.

Yep. Their Patty Melt is good when they don't cook the bejeesus out...

"Please don't over cook it." - Me
"Oh, sir, we have to cook to a preordained temperature. Do you still want it?" - the counter clerk
"Of course, what other fucking choice do I have?" - Me

spurraider21
06-17-2019, 01:22 AM

Dale Robinson‏ @Cub_Castleberry (https://twitter.com/Cub_Castleberry) Jun 9 (https://twitter.com/Cub_Castleberry/status/1137635245753155584)More

I too watch MSNBC in the morning. I make a point of it. I keep my blood boiled, Mr. President, my spleen reloaded each morn.You, This. This Presidency. You! This is as good as it's gonna get, Mr. President. & it will never get this good again, sir.God bless & keep you.

has anything he's done personally impacted your life though? on a day to day basis?

Thread
06-17-2019, 07:37 AM
has anything he's done personally impacted your life though? on a day to day basis?

Yes, he engages mine enemies (on a day to day basis). I like (winning) against them. I like getting even with Media & if not even I like to strike their blood, make 'em bleed, deny Media their onions, see them squirm & lie when things do not go their way. I like when they're whipped they immediately reach for "a source reports." I know at that precise point the old man drew their blood & they can't take it, so, they lie. They have no accountability & they know it, take shelter in it & depend on that lack of accountability to play their "trade."

I like 3.6% unemployment primarily because I love to see MSM smite it. Sit there in those seats on CNN/MSNBC and denigrate it. Anything below 5% unemployment was christened "fully employment" until the moment Trump put her teeth on that curb 2 Novembers ago..."Now, say good night."

I like how he calls shit holes "shit holes." (We) all knew from day 1 one they were shit holes, but, we fucked around & portended not to know it. Look at England, the lame brains permitted their country, our sovereign to be turned into a shit hole. That's what R's & D's alike want this country turned into=a shit hole. Then (we will) have a 1 world gov't. We'll all be shit holes cept for the big shots who will live above the shit hole surrounded by their Walls. See how that works, 21?

Trump has reprieved us from the shit hole, but, I ain't so blind that I cannot see that we're goin' to the shit hole eventually. But, Trump halted it, exposed it, lit it up for all to see, 21. I love him for that & so much more.

My cup, 21, it runneth over.

Now, 21, sweetheart, pumpkinpuss, you keep sittin' there totin' up those 401k ciphers that the old man has bestowed upon ya. Just like Splits does & the other Trump haters. Some of those same haters are gonna be standing in those booths 2 Novembers from now & they'll mark their vote not for some Tired Old Shit Bag that we've been forced under 40 fuckin' times before. Nope, they'll mark it for the old man, then step out into the sunshine, get the legal distance from the voting site then proceed to call him everything but a white man.

---45---

Millennial_Messiah
06-17-2019, 08:35 AM

"Oh, sir, we have to cook to a preordained temperature. Do you still want it?" - the counter clerk
Niiiice. I guess I just don't see the point of a Patty Melt, though. Why get sandwich bread when you can get a bun?

SpursforSix
06-17-2019, 10:00 AM

This is a dumb as shit take. A WB meal is about the same as a McDonalds QP meal.

Capt Bringdown
06-17-2019, 10:18 AM
Has a locally/Texas owned business every improved by selling out?

Case in point:
Shiner beer = dreck
Taco Cabana = horrid
Las Palapas = tasteless

LkrFan
06-17-2019, 10:48 AM
How will the sale of God’s burgers impact the Spurs’ free agency outlook tbh? Aside from the sewage infested river walk and the dilapidated Alamo, this is all SA has going for it tbh.......

How much do you weigh? What's your BMI? Only fatnecks make threads like this son. :lol

In-N-Out-BetterPERIOD :lol

SpursforSix
06-17-2019, 10:51 AM

I would think your correct response would be, "Bend over, I'll fucking show you preordained."

Millennial_Messiah
06-17-2019, 11:02 AM
This is a dumb as shit take. A WB meal is about the same as a McDonalds QP meal.
I had a QP in Memphis, TN in July 2009 and barfed it onto the street. Never again. It's "bad beef".

The dollar McBurgers are OK, though.

SpursforSix
06-17-2019, 11:12 AM
I had a QP in Memphis, TN in July 2009 and barfed it onto the street. Never again. It's "bad beef".

The dollar McBurgers are OK, though.

All their burgers were bad in 2009. There was a beef shortage (especially for states in the east) that caused McDonald's to use more filler in their burgers.
You need to give them another chance.

Mitch
06-17-2019, 11:12 AM

You're a true patriot, cub.

Thread
06-17-2019, 11:53 AM
You're a true patriot, cub.

As are you, Mitch!

Will Hunting
06-17-2019, 12:10 PM
How much do you weigh? What's your BMI? Only fatnecks make threads like this son. :lol

Its hilarious that people in Texas get supremely butthurt at anyone saying In-n-Out is better than WB but every time I’ve gone to WB there’s no wait at the drive thru while the In-n-Outs in Dallas have a fucking half hour long drive thru line around the store every time I’ve gone :lol

spurraider21
06-17-2019, 01:09 PM
Yes, he engages mine enemies (on a day to day basis). I like (winning) against them. I like getting even with Media & if not even I like to strike their blood, make 'em bleed, deny Media their onions, see them squirm & lie when things do not go their way. I like when they're whipped they immediately reach for "a source reports." I know at that precise point the old man drew their blood & they can't take it, so, they lie. They have no accountability & they know it, take shelter in it & depend on that lack of accountability to play their "trade."

I like 3.6% unemployment primarily because I love to see MSM smite it. Sit there in those seats on CNN/MSNBC and denigrate it. Anything below 5% unemployment was christened "fully employment" until the moment Trump put her teeth on that curb 2 Novembers ago..."Now, say good night."

I like how he calls shit holes "shit holes." (We) all knew from day 1 one they were shit holes, but, we fucked around & portended not to know it. Look at England, the lame brains permitted their country, our sovereign to be turned into a shit hole. That's what R's & D's alike want this country turned into=a shit hole. Then (we will) have a 1 world gov't. We'll all be shit holes cept for the big shots who will live above the shit hole surrounded by their Walls. See how that works, 21?

Trump has reprieved us from the shit hole, but, I ain't so blind that I cannot see that we're goin' to the shit hole eventually. But, Trump halted it, exposed it, lit it up for all to see, 21. I love him for that & so much more.

My cup, 21, it runneth over.

Now, 21, sweetheart, pumpkinpuss, you keep sittin' there totin' up those 401k ciphers that the old man has bestowed upon ya. Just like Splits does & the other Trump haters. Some of those same haters are gonna be standing in those booths 2 Novembers from now & they'll mark their vote not for some Tired Old Shit Bag that we've been forced under 40 fuckin' times before. Nope, they'll mark it for the old man, then step out into the sunshine, get the legal distance from the voting site then proceed to call him everything but a white man.

---45---
So your day to day life of watching cable news has improved? I mean substantively cub.

SpursforSix
06-17-2019, 01:34 PM
Its hilarious that people in Texas get supremely butthurt at anyone saying In-n-Out is better than WB but every time I’ve gone to WB there’s no wait at the drive thru while the In-n-Outs in Dallas have a fucking half hour long drive thru line around the store every time I’ve gone :lol

There's also about 20x more WB that InO in Texas. If I wanted to get InO, I'd have one choice. If I wanted WB, I'd have 4 that are within the same distance. So yeah...if someone in Texas just has to have an In-in-Out, they're going to have to wait.

Thread
06-17-2019, 01:39 PM
So your day to day life of watching cable news has improved? I mean substantively cub.

Absolutely. The President sends everything thru the Supreme Court. That drives CNN nuts.

I derided the President for hiring Barr. I was so fuckin' wrong & apologized to him. CNN hates Barr. They are absolutely incredulous that he is there as AG.

One can always ferret out when Trump is having a good day. 1 or 2 CNN regular hosts will take the day off. Either they won't face the music, OR, nothing bad is happening to Trump so it's safe to take a vacation day. Like when Kavanaugh beat Ford. The whole damn bunch wouldn't show up! LMAO!

See, the Dems always played dirty. Now, we're playing dirty, even dirtier.
The hard fact remains:::Trump did nothing wrong with Russia to get elected. The American people know this, so, everything that took place after the fact is non existent. Sure, Trump is legally wrong in stating "I shouldn't be charged with obstruction when the crime did not exist." But, to the common man, (we) understand that reasoning. Trump is right.

Same with the women. Every man wants strange, & in strange ways. When (man) gets caught he wants a way out, any way out, but, (man) does not have $ & can't get out unscathed. Trump got strange, in strange ways. But, (Trump) had the money to get out. (man) doesn't grudge him that bush, nor the ability to get out of it when discovered via $. What's more Trump KNOWS THIS ABOUT (mAN). Is secure in the knowledge that (man) in dark of night supports his ability to buy his way out of strange.

Same with the tax returns. man does not want to see Trump's tax returns. man does not want "you" to see his tax returns. He must let the IRS see his tax returns.

spurraider21
06-17-2019, 01:43 PM
Absolutely. The President sends everything thru the Supreme Court. That drives CNN nuts.

I derided the President for hiring Barr. I was so fuckin' wrong & apologized to him. CNN hates Barr. They are absolutely incredulous that he is there as AG.

One can always ferret out when Trump is having a good day. 1 or 2 CNN regular hosts will take the day off. Either they won't face the music, OR, nothing bad is happening to Trump so it's safe to take a vacation day. Like when Kavanaugh beat Ford. The whole damn bunch wouldn't show up! LMAO!

See, the Dems always played dirty. Now, we're playing dirty, even dirtier.
The hard fact remains:::Trump did nothing wrong with Russia to get elected. The American people know this, so, everything that took place after the fact is non existent. Sure, Trump is legally wrong in stating "I shouldn't be charged with obstruction when the crime did not exist." But, to the common man, (we) understand that reasoning. Trump is right.

Same with the women. Every man wants strange, & in strange ways. When (man) gets caught he wants a way out, any way out, but, (man) does not have $ & can't get out unscathed. Trump got strange, in strange ways. But, (Trump) had the money to get out. (man) doesn't grudge him that bush, nor the ability to get out of it when discovered via $. What's more Trump KNOWS THIS ABOUT (mAN). Is secure in the knowledge that (man) in dark of night supports his ability to buy his way out of strange.

Same with the tax returns. man does not want to see Trump's tax returns. man does not want "you" to see his tax returns. He must let the IRS see his tax returns.
So it all comes down to your cable news watching experience? Sounds like purely an entertainment factor for you, not a true quality of life thing.

BD24
06-17-2019, 01:47 PM
So it all comes down to your cable news watching experience? Sounds like purely an entertainment factor for you, not a true quality of life thing.
Watching cable news probably is Dales life tbh. So yea, his quality of life would improve if he gets more entertainment from cable tv tbh :lol

Arcadian
06-17-2019, 01:58 PM
I don't care

LkrFan
06-17-2019, 02:12 PM

:lol

Thread
06-17-2019, 02:37 PM

In association with the Trump Presidency, yes.

Greenfield, Jeff Greenfield, an alum of CNN tried mightily about 6 months ago to convince CNN to get on with their jobs & let Trump do his. It was in a multi-host setting. "No." Was the unanimous answer, right down the queue. They were not going to give in to the man on any & all levels & issues. (They) want to win just like every other American asshole in the line. Me included. I won 2 Novembers ago. I bore witness to (their) defeat. It meant more for me to see Media lose than Hillary Clinton. On a keen level I actually felt sorry for her. I've wanted things just as badly as she wanted that Presidency. So, I knew how it felt to be denied, ever more. But, not MSM. I loved their suffering. They was gonna get 2 bites at that apple. She'd be President and they would laud her day & night. He'd be the loser & they'd punish him day & night. His victory robbed them of both bites. The apple remains unbitten. They can't laud her because she lost. So, they won't speak of her. & sure they can henpeck him, but, at the end of each day he is President of the United States, ever more. They'll never get over that fact.

I've stated this before: FOX hosts, who knows if they're acting like they love Trump & really hate him, or not. Or, are they reading the script the production hands them & cashing their checks? But, CNN/MSNBC? They hate Trump with every fiber of their being. They'd sit there in those seat for no check. He denied them their 8 more years of onions. They know it, but, most importantly the old man knows it & I know it. Sometimes when good things happen to Trump they can't sit still in their assigned seats. They're seething at him. It's an American thing. Sometimes you eat the bear: that little pissant Hussein Obama, & sometimes that old bear just gets up all over ya:::"Put your fuckin' mouth on that curb. Now, say good night."

spurraider21
06-17-2019, 02:38 PM
In association with the Trump Presidency, yes.
appreciate the candor, cubby

Thread
06-17-2019, 02:44 PM
Watching cable news probably is Dales life tbh. So yea, his quality of life would improve if he gets more entertainment from cable tv tbh :lol

A part, yes. Attending to my relationship with the President on Twitter another part.
You had your chance two Novembers ago. But, Hillary froze up tighter than a nun's snootch. The old man kept moving back & forth twixt Minnesota & New York, nailin' one vote at-a-time. She wasn't sure of winning, BD. She was afraid of losing.

Now look at ya's. "Never again will I support an old, white man. No way. Uh, uh. I've had it up to here with old-white-men."

So, who's at the top of your ticket? tee, hee. 2 old-white-men. One is even a socialist. LTRUMPSCONTROLLINAO!!!

Will Hunting
06-17-2019, 03:28 PM
There's also about 20x more WB that InO in Texas. If I wanted to get InO, I'd have one choice. If I wanted WB, I'd have 4 that are within the same distance. So yeah...if someone in Texas just has to have an In-in-Out, they're going to have to wait.
Right, but if WB was better, why would someone ever “just have to have” InO? Would seem pretty stupid to spend a half hour waiting in line with InO if Whataburger is better and has no wait.

SpursforSix
06-17-2019, 03:40 PM
Right, but if WB was better, why would someone ever “just have to have” InO? Would seem pretty stupid to spend a half hour waiting in line with InO if Whataburger is better and has no wait.

well...just like WB, there is an In-in-Out cult that believe it's superior enough to wait that long. And anyone willing to wait 20 minutes in a line for a burger makes me question their judgement anyway.

I've never been to an In-and-Out in Texas just because I don't want to get in that damn line. Went to one in California in the 90's after my boss kept pumping it up. And it was good. But it didn't make enough of an impact to make me think it's worth it to wait for it.

Play Boban
06-17-2019, 07:45 PM

I’m 6’4” and full of muscles, son. You? :madrun

LkrFan
06-17-2019, 09:28 PM
I’m 6’4” and full of muscles, son. You? :madrun

Even Fat Albert has muscles. 6'4"? I'm guessing 429lbs. Amirite? :lol