PDA

View Full Version : Spurs ring with a great lockdown SF. Who will be next?

John B
06-16-2019, 12:30 PM
Timmy is great and all. No arguement. But I always thought Spurs ring when we have that lockdown SF that guards the best shooters, stops dribble penetrations - Sean Ninja Elliott, Bruce Bowen, Kawhi. Either through the Draft, via trade or free agency. Who will be the Spurs next lockdown SF? Little? Okeke? Thybulle? Or do we already have him in Murray?

r0drig0lac
06-16-2019, 12:32 PM
Timmy is great and all. No arguement. But I always thought Spurs ring when we have that lockdown SF that guards the best shooters, stops dribble penetrations - Sean Ninja Elliott, Bruce Bowen, Kawhi. Either through the Draft, via trade or free agency. Who will be the Spurs next lockdown SF? Little? Okeke? Thybulle? Or do we already have him in Murray?

the evidence until 2019 says the Spurs ring when the great Tim Duncan is on his roster, everything else is interchangeable.

ace3g
06-16-2019, 12:41 PM
Pop: Spurs don't need to draft/sign SFs for today's positionless basketball, we have...

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/72/60/21/15402075/3/rawImage.jpg

John B
06-16-2019, 12:41 PM
the evidence until 2019 says the Spurs ring when the great Tim Duncan is on his roster, everything else is interchangeable.
Still we had that great perimeter defender that we missed when Sean went down, Lakers 3-peat. We got Bruce to hound Kobe, Nash, Allen, Dirk, Lebron we ring. Bruce got old, Lakers B2B. Kawhi on LeBron we ring. I know Timmy is constant and the stabilizing force, but the X-factor is that pesky lockdown defender. At least that’s my arguement :lol:lol

SpursDynasty85
06-16-2019, 12:45 PM

We need a defensive PF over a SF imo. We have good perimeter defense in DJ and White. I though DeRozan made huge strides and will need to play SF most mjnutes but PF is a real weakness. Gay is pretty good interior with help but perimeter wise he os our weak link. Get a versatile 4 who can switch on most 3s and we have a balanced roster. I am a fan of Thybulle if we can get a legot PF though first.

r0drig0lac
06-16-2019, 12:50 PM
Still we had that great perimeter defender that we missed when Sean went down, Lakers 3-peat. We got Bruce to hound Kobe, Nash, Allen, Dirk, Lebron we ring. Bruce got old, Lakers B2B. Kawhi on LeBron we ring. I know Timmy is constant and the stabilizing force, but the X-factor is that pesky lockdown defender. At least that’s my arguement :lol:lol

I understand, to answer your question, any of the names mentioned in the initial post could be that guy (even Derrick White could be that guy, who knows), but at the moment, the "stabilizing force" is what we need, only 5 teams in the league have that kind of guy at the moment, and only 3 of them (Lebron, Kawhi, Durant) seem to have the necessary qualifications to be classified in this way historically.

4lifecowboy
06-16-2019, 01:08 PM
I really like Roby's size and skill set. I believe he could be the best all around fit for this roster. I'm rooting for a Roby and Kabengele draft.

John B
06-16-2019, 02:15 PM
I think Spurs score enough with Aldridge/Demar/White/Gay/Bertran, then who knows with Walker and Murray, especially with Dubs down, I think scores go back to low 100’s. But we need that stopper, the one that set the defensive tone.

rascal
06-16-2019, 02:32 PM

No Duncan - No Titles

John B
06-16-2019, 03:58 PM
No Duncan - No Titles
Beautiful Game didn’t have prime Duncan. We have enough scorer and should get better. Spurs need a lockdown defender. I’m hoping Little, Okeke, Thybulle in that order.

RC_Drunkford
06-16-2019, 07:55 PM
We need a defensive PF over a SF imo. We have good perimeter defense in DJ and White. I though DeRozan made huge strides and will need to play SF most mjnutes but PF is a real weakness. Gay is pretty good interior with help but perimeter wise he os our weak link. Get a versatile 4 who can switch on most 3s and we have a balanced roster. I am a fan of Thybulle if we can get a legot PF though first.

This. Marcus Morris, Ariza or Thad Young

Arcadian
06-16-2019, 07:58 PM
:lol Starting a post with "Timmy is great and all, but..."