PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Sighting

MoSpur02
06-16-2019, 12:34 PM
Brought my kids to SeaWorld and as I am walking in I see #12, Bruce Bowen. Shook his hand and said hi. I miss having a lockdown defender.

lmbebo
06-16-2019, 01:11 PM
When we moved back ran into Rudy at Salata in Huebner Oaks and DJ at Zoe's Mediterranean grill in the rim.

spurs10
06-16-2019, 01:32 PM
I was in HEB when I saw Kawhi who must have come down to visit all his friends in San Antonio. A man with a child in a wheelchair asked him if he'd take a photo with his kid. Kawhi said, "F*ck off, but do you know where the molasses is kept?" The man said "I can't be sure, but I can check on my HEB app...that'll be aisle 4."

Kawhi then kind of pushed the man and the wheelchair with the kid out the way and said, "Thanks, but I meant what I said...now f*ck off!" I ran ahead of him and got there first, he was moving very slow. I grabbed a glass jar of molasses and threw it to Kawhi. He accidentally dropped it and we both just started laughing. I said "Clean up on aisle 4!" and he started laughing even harder. It sounded like the sound of a camel when he's being bound and tied in a camel market. I started to get scared and said "Dude your laughter is freaking me out." He said "It seems to have that effect on people." He added "All the same that's not very nice of you to say." He then turned and left.

barakz21
06-16-2019, 01:33 PM
A few years back, fathead was at Fort Sam Houston’s Camp Bullis where medics do their final training. Kinda bummed no spur went there the time that I was. Only NBAer I ran into was Westbrook at NYC’s LaGuardia airport 6 years ago.

spurs10
06-16-2019, 01:35 PM
A few years back, fathead was at Fort Sam Houston’s Camp Bullis where medics do their final training. Kinda bummed no spur went there the time that I was. Only NBAer I ran into was Westbrook at NYC’s LaGuardia airport 6 years ago. After you called him "Fathead" he probably stopped going there too.

barakz21
06-16-2019, 02:08 PM
Y
After you called him "Fathead" he probably stopped going there too.

Lmao, my apologies. I have nothing against him, nor does calling him fathead mean that I’m making fun of the guy. I just find it funny, that’s all. Kinda like a kid I used to work with, hI’m getting caught walking on the frozen pond earned him the nickname “pondwalker”. Anyway, I meant nothing demeaning against him. Like people calling TP Enrique, I know why but I think it’s funny. Also, I believe that was the 16-17 season when he went there, and that was the only time he went there, that was publicized, at least.

BatManu20
06-16-2019, 02:16 PM
Spurs I’ve met in public:

D-Rob, Sean Elliott, Malik Rose, Devin Brown, Antonio Daniels, Fabricio Oberto, and Dejuan blair. Saw Timmy walking out of El Mirasol restaurant once with his girl and kids but didn’t say anything to him.

Admiral, Malik, & Devin Brown were the friendliest tbh.

picnroll
06-16-2019, 02:21 PM
When Spurs use to work out at the Concord years ago I to use sometimes work out next to Rodman or Avery on a treadmill. Rodman could go all day at an incredible pace, a machine. Avery was damn short.

Texas eye
06-16-2019, 02:26 PM
Met avery riding a bike down the street. Saw Duncan and his ex going for a walk. Saw Sawn Elliot at BMW. Admiral at Comp USA and Pop at Bjorns audio and video and at the Dominion. This was all pre 2003.

picnroll
06-16-2019, 02:29 PM
Tony Parker in a line at Whole Foods his rookie year. Looked to be about 6’ and just out of jr high school.

Fusternino
06-16-2019, 03:03 PM
Saw DeMarcus Cousins at the Wheaton Ledos in 2010. He was with his agent, probably had just worked out for the Wiz, tbh.

Ocotillo
06-16-2019, 03:10 PM
Wanna go way back, I saw Terry Cummings looking for the Spurs office on Market Street back in the day after he had been traded here. Actually pointed him in the right direction. Looking back, it was weird he was by himself.

slick'81
06-16-2019, 03:44 PM
My mom used to work for david at the carver.Ive met david at the school a few times and the sbc,hes a real nice dude

spurs10
06-16-2019, 04:11 PM
Y

Lmao, my apologies. I have nothing against him, nor does calling him fathead mean that I’m making fun of the guy. I just find it funny, that’s all. Kinda like a kid I used to work with, hI’m getting caught walking on the frozen pond earned him the nickname “pondwalker”. Anyway, I meant nothing demeaning against him. Like people calling TP Enrique, I know why but I think it’s funny. Also, I believe that was the 16-17 season when he went there, and that was the only time he went there, that was publicized, at least. I was just joking as well...it is funny.

Realdeal1
06-16-2019, 05:19 PM
I saw Dejounte Murray and his gf shopping at HEB a few months ago ... I said hi to him and he acknowledged me but that was about it .. I wanted to ask for a pic but I just figured I'd leave him alone and be satisfied with saying hi and being acknowledged

Capt Bringdown
06-16-2019, 05:35 PM
Saw Leonard and his family shopping at the Alamo Ranch Lowes in '13.

And the Whopper at an Albertsons waay back when...

MoSpur02
06-16-2019, 07:03 PM
Saw Leonard and his family shopping at the Alamo Ranch Lowes in '13.

And the Whopper at an Albertsons waay back when...

Haven't heard that name in forever.

stxspurs
06-16-2019, 10:05 PM
Y

Lmao, my apologies. I have nothing against him, nor does calling him fathead mean that I’m making fun of the guy. I just find it funny, that’s all. Kinda like a kid I used to work with, hI’m getting caught walking on the frozen pond earned him the nickname “pondwalker”. Anyway, I meant nothing demeaning against him. Like people calling TP Enrique, I know why but I think it’s funny. Also, I believe that was the 16-17 season when he went there, and that was the only time he went there, that was publicized, at least.

Dont apologize. Ppl called him that all time. Ppl say worse things on here. Dont worry about it

barakz21
06-16-2019, 10:11 PM
Dont apologize. Ppl called him that all time. Ppl say worse things on here. Dont worry about it

Thanks boss

Legacy
06-16-2019, 10:42 PM
I met Malik Rose back in '01 when I was a bartender at The Olive Garden at Ingram Park. He and his date that night ordered a couple of drinks and some appetizers. He seemed really nice and smiled a lot. He was a mediocre tipper, though.