DC23
06-16-2019, 03:47 PM
:corn::corn::corn:

SuperCam
06-16-2019, 03:49 PM
he will be a laker before the end of july :wakeup

DMC
06-16-2019, 03:58 PM
The NBA will not rest until LeBron has played with CP3 and Carmelo Anthony. Now Anthony could be on his way out so it's hard to say what the hell's going on with him but they put LeBron with all of his buddies so you know damn well he's going to end up with Chris Paul.

baseline bum
06-16-2019, 03:59 PM
Good luck with that on that contract, Paul.

Killakobe81
06-16-2019, 04:23 PM
Fuck CP3
I wouldn't want him at 25 mill...
much less at 30 mill

LkrFan
06-16-2019, 04:30 PM

Don't put that on us fam :cry

chunticakes
06-16-2019, 04:44 PM
Don't put that on us fam :cry

:lol

"don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby"

ducks
06-16-2019, 04:46 PM

Are they trading James for him?
They gutted the team to get Davis

Millennial_Messiah
06-16-2019, 04:57 PM
So the Clippers get Irving AND Kawhi if Paul goes to the Lakers? Kemba and Harden to Sacto?

LkrFan
06-16-2019, 05:02 PM
So the Clippers get Irving AND Kawhi if Paul goes to the Lakers? Kemba and Harden to Sacto?

Millennial_Messiah
06-16-2019, 05:07 PM

then again, what assets do the Lakers have left to trade back to Houston? The other draft pick and Kuzma? Cash considerations?

baseline bum
06-16-2019, 05:09 PM
Fuck CP3
I wouldn't want him at 25 mill...
much less at 30 mill

Um, it's $38.5 million next year :lol

Then $41.5 million the next year and $44.2 million the year after.

GAustex
06-16-2019, 05:26 PM

Lol Rockets

midnightpulp
06-16-2019, 05:38 PM
I really can't stand this league. These bitchmade players fold at the first sign of adversity and "want out" to a situation where they have to do less to win.

:lol today's NBA:

:lol more concerned about twitter and Instagram followers than the on-court product
:lol the on-going storylines and off-season drama draw more interest than the actual on-court product
:lol the on-court product is basically And-1
:lol losing players "face timing" with celebrity fans of the team that humiliated you
:lol "Superteams"
:lol "My brand"
:lol "NBA Owner is the new 'N Word' "
:lol "Fans have to sit with their tongues out like thirsty dogs hoping one of the top 5 players chooses their team or that the ping pong balls bounce their way."
:lol "Uncle Dennis and Lavar Ball."

Killakobe81
06-16-2019, 05:38 PM

Shiiiiit I forgot it got that high... Lol Morey

FrostKing
06-16-2019, 06:13 PM
I really can't stand this league. These bitchmade players fold at the first sign of adversity and "want out" to a situation where they have to do less to win.

:lol more concerned about twitter and Instagram followers than the on-court product
:lol the on-going storylines and off-season drama draw more interest than the actual on-court product
:lol losing players "face timing" with celebrity fans of the team that humiliated you
:lol "Fans have to sit with their tongues out like thirsty dogs hoping one of the top 5 players chooses their team or that the ping pong balls bounce their way."
Some NBA people think this kinda stuff is good for NBA popularity because we are discussing it.

But I think it is a big reason why only blacks consider the NBA their favorite sport.

Nivek_ogre
06-16-2019, 06:15 PM
Lol. Fuck Chris Paul. I'm glad he's miserable. What a little bitch though. After one argument with harden after game six he wants out. Pussy

midnightpulp
06-16-2019, 06:52 PM
Some NBA people think this kinda stuff is good for NBA popularity because we are discussing it.

But I think it is a big reason why only blacks consider the NBA their favorite sport.

It's probably a good marketing tactic since the NBA has always had a corny culture that appeals to kids. In our day, it was mascot slam dunk contests and cartoon-level advertising campaigns (Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood, Little Penny, etc). I've always said the NBA is THE sport for 11-22 years olds in the US, then you slowly start to grow out of it as your most followed sport.

DPG21920
06-16-2019, 06:53 PM
I’d take CP3 if HOU gives up their draft pic.......wait, they dont have any good ones.

daslicer
06-16-2019, 07:18 PM

NBA has become a WWE type of league with it's childish story lines and drama. It's the reason why I can't even get upset about the Davis trade. It's par for the course for how the NBA has now become a super cartoonish league. I'll still watch it since I love basketball but won't take it seriously like I used to.

DMC
06-16-2019, 07:57 PM

Uh.. I am not black. Lots of people consider basketball their favorite sport.

baseline bum
06-16-2019, 07:58 PM
Shiiiiit I forgot it got that high... Lol Morey

IDK man, you gotta respect that he took the challenge of beating State head on and got close in 2018. It ended up being for nothing but that's the chance you gotta take to win if you don't luck out into getting a big cap bump the year you're a 73 win team and your best players are all on under market value contracts so you can add another franchise guy.

midnightpulp
06-16-2019, 07:59 PM
Uh.. I am not black. Lots of people consider basketball their favorite sport.

:downspin: Not golf? We got a tight one at Pebble right now!

baseline bum
06-16-2019, 07:59 PM

You got a tight one? Bend over.

DMC
06-16-2019, 08:00 PM

I've never played golf. I like to watch when Tiger is on the prowl just to see the leaders shit their pants. It's almost as good as hearing Mark Jackson's flowing tears during the Finals.

lefty
06-16-2019, 08:06 PM

GAustex
06-16-2019, 08:09 PM
Pressure is setting in at Pebble Beach

Millennial_Messiah
06-16-2019, 08:12 PM
IDK man, you gotta respect that he took the challenge of beating State head on and got close in 2018. It ended up being for nothing but that's the chance you gotta take to win if you don't luck out into getting a big cap bump the year you're a 73 win team and your best players are all on under market value contracts so you can add another franchise guy.
When the recession hits by next fall and the cap stagnates and/or goes down, and TV stations start to negotiate prices/buyouts because everyone is streaming... :lol

midnightpulp
06-16-2019, 08:32 PM
Pressure is setting in at Pebble Beach

Woodland holds on

GAustex
06-16-2019, 08:36 PM
Woodland holds on
I’m good with that
He’s a good dude

DeadlyDynasty
06-16-2019, 09:10 PM
Woodland holds on
Happy for him :tu

midnightpulp
06-16-2019, 09:37 PM
Happy for him :tu

Indeed.

GAustex
06-16-2019, 09:40 PM
Indeed.
Surprised show ponies Rose and Brooks could not reel him in
Woodland sacked up and got it done

Chris Fall
06-16-2019, 09:57 PM
Fuck these NBA stars with their petty self-entitlement.

This is something I’d like to see the next CBA negotiations address. If stars really want to control things when they’re still under contract, then there has to be consequences to them NOT honoring those contracts. I’d propose that if a player under contract demands a trade and does so by refusing to play, then if traded, they forfeit their current contract, lose their Bird rights and by consequence the chance at a future super max for at least the next three seasons, and they must play the following season on a one year MLE salary.

Let’s see CP3 demand a trade with his guaranteed $120+ million on the line and only a one year MLE salary available for his age 35 season. If that’s really and truly what he wants, then those are the consequences. Otherwise they shouldn’t have signed those big max guaranteed contracts in the first place. This player control shit is getting stupid.

midnightpulp
06-16-2019, 10:03 PM

This is something I’d like to see the next CBA negotiations address. If stars really want to control things when they’re still under contract, then there has to be consequences to them NOT honoring those contracts. I’d propose that if a player under contract demands a trade and does so by refusing to play, then if traded, they forfeit their current contract, lose their Bird rights and by consequence the chance at a future super max for at least the next three seasons, and they must play the following season on a one year MLE salary.

Let’s see CP3 demand a trade with his guaranteed $120+ million on the line and only a one year MLE salary available for his age 35 season. If that’s really and truly what he wants, then those are the consequences. Otherwise they shouldn’t have signed those big max guaranteed contracts in the first place. This player control shit is getting stupid.

Can't do that, bro. Those provisions you're suggesting amount to little more than slavery!

Also, it's just the nature of the sport. In no other sport can one player change a franchise's fortunes to this degree, so players have an absurd amount of leverage and they know it. I'm sure some will read this as me siding with the "evilllll owners," but I'm siding with the fans who basically play these player's salaries. These players also sign the contract with "us," so to speak. So honor that shit you signed and then you can leave when it's up.

baseline bum
06-16-2019, 10:23 PM

They already lose their chance for ever getting a supermax unless the trade happens while on their rookie contract. Also I think holding out can nullify a contract if the team petitions the NBA and one of their doctors finds the player holding out to be healthy.

tenbeersbold
06-17-2019, 04:15 AM
NBA has flat lined and is losing viewers in the USA.
That's why the League is pushing international so much...there's only so many low IQ drama queens you can push this shit product onto in the USA
But there's a lot of untapped low IQ overseas and up north.

LOL all the diversity talk about Toronto during the Finals,no one bothered to mention that Oakland actually is more diverse than Toronto

djohn2oo8
06-17-2019, 08:29 AM
played as a humorous moment on social media. But some within the Rockets organization saw it differently -- a public glimpse at the difficult dynamic between the franchise's two stubborn stars, who are at drastically different points in their careers: one a perennial MVP candidate in his prime, the other showing signs of physical decline.
The friction between the two manifested again during the Rockets' playoff finale. Harden and Paul had tense exchanges regarding Harden's ball dominance and Paul's desire to run set plays as the Warriors pulled off a comeback during the fourth quarter of Houston's Game 6 elimination loss, team sources said. Paul made sure he didn't share the microphone with Harden that night, getting dressed faster than usual and taking his turn alone at the podium before Warriors coach Steve Kerr, breaking NBA protocol of coaches conducting their news conferences first.
When Harden took his turn at the podium, he declared, "I know exactly what we need to do. We'll figure it out this summer." He declined to elaborate.
The prevailing belief in Houston -- and hope, certainly -- is that the tension between the Rockets' stars isn't atypical for the NBA and can be managed. And that's a must, given the unlikelihood of getting equal basketball value for the 34-year-old Paul in a trade, considering he is owed $124 million over the final three years of his contract.
The roots of the issues between Harden and Paul, according to team sources, are differences in preferred playing styles and personality.
Harden is arguably the best isolation player in league history, capable of carrying the Rockets to elite offensive efficiency by going one-on-one over and over again. That style also worked well for Paul during the Rockets' 65-win campaign in 2017-18, when Paul ranked behind only Harden in isolation efficiency among high-volume players.
But Paul noticeably lost a step last season, as evidenced by analytics and the eye test. Paul pushed for more plays and sets in the Houston offense, more screening and deception, despite Harden being in the process of putting together a historically dominant individual offensive season.
"Chris wants to coach James," says a source familiar with the stars' dynamic. "James looks at him like, 'You can't even beat your man. Just shut up and watch me.'"
According to sources, Paul was also frustrated by what he perceived as Harden's tendency to ignore unglamorous details that impact winning -- such as moving when he gives up the ball to help spacing -- and wasn't shy about expressing those concerns.
It has reached a point, team sources say, where Paul cherishes the chance to play without Harden on the floor. On several occasions, according to team sources, Paul barked at D'Antoni to keep Harden on the bench while he was running the second unit. Harden simultaneously would lobby -- or demand -- to check back into the game.
The Rockets, who had the league's best record after the All-Star break despite any differences between their stars, were statistically better during the regular season with Paul on the court without Harden (plus-9.2 points per 100 possessions) than with them together (plus-5.7) or Harden without Paul (plus-5.8). However, those numbers are skewed by the fact that solo-CP3 minutes almost always come against the opponent's bench unit.

That trend didn't hold up in the playoffs, when starters' minutes typically get extended. The Rockets were at their best when Harden and Paul played together during the playoffs, posting a plus-6.4 net rating compared to minus-1.5 with only Harden and minus-4.6 with only Paul.
Harden, by nature, tends to avoid conflict but was pushed hard enough to snap back at Paul from time to time. That's what happened during the Rockets' elimination loss, when, team sources said, Harden told Paul he didn't always know best and had talked too much.
"Chris has a personality where he just doesn't let anything go," a team source says. "He just keeps pestering and pestering and pestering and pestering. Sometimes James has had enough -- and not just him. That's what makes [Paul] a winner and also what keeps him from being a big-time winner. He's got to temper that."

djohn2oo8
06-17-2019, 08:30 AM
Paul is right that Harden doesn’t move without the ball. They should run more set plays.

djohn2oo8
06-17-2019, 08:56 AM
But damn Paul always been that petty?

Capt Bringdown
06-17-2019, 10:57 AM
Surprised that Paul didn't injure himself whilst coming up with this announcement.

Chucho
06-17-2019, 11:02 AM
PLEASE end up in LA. PLEASE.

Killakobe81
06-17-2019, 11:15 AM
Paul is right that Harden doesn’t move without the ball. They should run more set plays.

Nothing wrog wiith Rox diversifying their offense more ...
Harden would be filthy in a State type offense.

But ... my only concern is Harden relies on his dribble game to set a rhythm ... he was great in a more pass and cut role when he played in OKC ... he didnt play like that there.
but my guess is he prefers having everything flow through him and the offensive metrics apparently back him up since rox efficiency numbers in RS were near historic.

Killakobe81
06-17-2019, 11:15 AM
PLEASE end up in LA. PLEASE.

No, fuck you

Killakobe81
06-17-2019, 11:17 AM
But damn Paul always been that petty?
yes, he been bitchy since his nola days ...
Plenty stories of petty beefs over card games and bowling

Chucho
06-17-2019, 11:25 AM
No, fuck you

It's a perfect fit, tbh. Paul is the personification of LA: A broken down, unlikable, toxic cesspool living on reputation and the past "glory days". Said glory days and reputation really come from the people who were near and around them at the time and being overly glamorized by the media.

But at the end of the day, it's a filthy, dirty, broken down shit hole, no matter how you want to dress it up. LAL and Paul go hand in hand like Kobe and "No!".

Killakobe81
06-17-2019, 11:29 AM
It's a perfect fit, tbh. Paul is the personification of LA: A broken down, unlikable, toxic cesspool living on reputation and the past "glory days". Said glory days and reputation really come from the people who were near and around them at the time and being overly glamorized by the media.

But at the end of the day, it's a filthy, dirty, broken down shit hole, no matter how you want to dress it up. LAL and Paul go hand in hand like Kobe and "No!".

you dont know shit about L.A. and i lived in Sa for 4 plus years and LA for 25 plus ...
neither are shitholes but LA has the better lifestyle SA (if you live in the burbs) a better place to raise a family (though Frisco/Prosper Texas is even better than SA)

timtonymanu
06-17-2019, 11:39 AM
Chris Paul continuing his faggotry. It's easy to forget how much I hate him when he's been so unsuccessful and a choker in the NBA.

Chucho
06-17-2019, 11:40 AM
you dont know shit about L.A. and i lived in Sa for 4 plus years and LA for 25 plus ...
neither are shitholes but LA has the better lifestyle SA (if you live in the burbs) a better place to raise a family (though Frisco/Prosper Texas is even better than SA)

I know plenty about LA. It's a shit hole. You lived in a shithole. Your anger is understandable.

ambchang
06-17-2019, 12:25 PM
yes, he been bitchy since his nola days ...
Plenty stories of petty beefs over card games and bowling

Pray tell. Would love to read up.

I heard he’s got a serious case of Napoleon syndrome but never knew the specifics.

Killakobe81
06-17-2019, 01:29 PM
Pray tell. Would love to read up.

I heard he’s got a serious case of Napoleon syndrome but never knew the specifics.

Yup was gonna say the same

DMC
06-17-2019, 02:35 PM
Like Chris didn't know Harden doesn't move without the ball. Everyone here knew it.

DMC
06-17-2019, 02:38 PM

LA is so great that the police didn't care if thugs burned it to the ground. In SA we make tacos when we win the Finals (and when we don't). In LA they burn cars and kill each other. Lovely city to raise a child.

LeGiannis
06-17-2019, 04:10 PM
LA is so great that the police didn't care if thugs burned it to the ground. In SA we make tacos when we win the Finals (and when we don't). In LA they burn cars and kill each other. Lovely city to raise a child.

Only pussies and assholes live in L.A. The smart people live in Orange County and only drive to L.A. when it's absolutely necessary. O.C. is better in every way. L.A. is only good for illegals and cholos.

djohn2oo8
06-17-2019, 04:16 PM
1140726599198879745 1140726599198879745

AlexJones
06-17-2019, 04:48 PM
Please get Jimmy Butler somehow someway

djohn2oo8
06-17-2019, 05:01 PM
Please get Jimmy Butler somehow someway

Doubt he actually comes home tho

Killakobe81
06-17-2019, 05:05 PM
Only pussies and assholes live in L.A. The smart people live in Orange County and only drive to L.A. when it's absolutely necessary. O.C. is better in every way. L.A. is only good for illegals and cholos.

When I say L.A I mean suburbs I never lived in downtown LA or South Central I grew up in valley and worked in Newport Beach as an adult lived in Westwood in college... Closest to LA I ever stayed.

Clipper Nation
06-18-2019, 03:24 PM
:lol Good luck trading The Contract, Morey:

Clipper Nation
06-18-2019, 03:26 PM
The delicate relationship between Houston Rockets stars James Harden and Chris Paul has been termed "unsalvageable" and the star players want a divorce, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Paul went to Rockets management and demanded a trade, and Harden issued a "him or me" edict following the Rockets' second-round loss to the Golden State Warriors, sources said.

The backcourt mates went nearly two months without speaking to each other during the season, sources said, creating a tenuous environment for teammates and everyone involved with the franchise.

Harden hasn’t returned Paul's repeated attempts at communicating this offseason, sources said, after a year in which the pair repeatedly got under each other's skin with petty acts in practices and games.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-relationship-between-rockets-stars-james-harden-chris-paul-termed-unsalvageable-200951028.html

midnightpulp
06-18-2019, 03:28 PM
The delicate relationship between Houston Rockets stars James Harden and Chris Paul has been termed "unsalvageable" and the star players want a divorce, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Paul went to Rockets management and demanded a trade, and Harden issued a "him or me" edict following the Rockets' second-round loss to the Golden State Warriors, sources said.

The backcourt mates went nearly two months without speaking to each other during the season, sources said, creating a tenuous environment for teammates and everyone involved with the franchise.

Harden hasn’t returned Paul's repeated attempts at communicating this offseason, sources said, after a year in which the pair repeatedly got under each other's skin with petty acts in practices and games.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-relationship-between-rockets-stars-james-harden-chris-paul-termed-unsalvageable-200951028.html

Is Frauden actually the bigger bitch here?

Clipper Nation
06-18-2019, 03:32 PM
Is Frauden actually the bigger bitch here?

Frauden's definitely still a bitch. Blake put up with CP0's bullshit for six whole years and Frauden's already done after year two.

I'd say CP0 is still the bigger bitch in this situation, though. This is the third team he's quit on and at least the second locker room he's alienated. All that drama and he has no rings to show for it. Somehow he keeps skating by with no criticism, though.

Clipper Nation
06-18-2019, 03:35 PM
You know you're washed when even the team that signed Porker isn't interested in you:

benefactor
06-18-2019, 03:51 PM
:lol Rockets...no one is touching that contract

Mugen
06-18-2019, 03:58 PM
:lmao

Spurtacular
06-18-2019, 04:00 PM

West LA, the beaches, and some of the hills with the fancy homes though for people who have to live in LA and don't want to do a ninety minute or more commute through that sh** LA traffic though. And Orange County is getting worse over the last few decades just like a lot of Texas. I think I heard OC on its way to not becoming Republican.

FrostKing
06-18-2019, 04:35 PM
Venice Beach

No one in the water
Ganja smell
Loitering blaring shit music

baseline bum
06-18-2019, 04:44 PM
LMAO. They should really consider dumping Harden in that case. You're not winning a title with him and D'Antoni has inflated his stats so much you could probably get a great haul of picks and young players for that regular season pos.

baseline bum
06-18-2019, 04:46 PM
Venice Beach

No one in the water
Ganja smell
Loitering blaring shit music

Venice Beach sucks. Drive a little south to Redondo or north to Malibu.

Chris Fall
06-18-2019, 04:46 PM
Frauden's definitely still a bitch. Blake put up with CP0's bullshit for six whole years and Frauden's already done after year two.

I'd say CP0 is still the bigger bitch in this situation, though. This is the third team he's quit on and at least the second locker room he's alienated. All that drama and he has no rings to show for it. Somehow he keeps skating by with no criticism, though.

Shocking take from you. Would have never guessed you’d side against CP3 on this one...

StrengthAndHonor
06-18-2019, 04:52 PM

Wtf?

Killakobe81
06-18-2019, 04:54 PM

Because he is the point gawd!!
And a vast majority of Spur fans have always defended him maybe because he went to Wake like Tim or hit that game winner on them but I don't get it...

Killakobe81
06-18-2019, 04:56 PM
Venice Beach sucks. Drive a little south to Redondo or north to Malibu.

I forget the names but the beaches near pepperdine are way better than Venice etc

Chillen
06-18-2019, 04:56 PM
They will have to buyout his contract and he will likely sign cheap with Lakers. No other way, no team is going to take his contract on.

djohn2oo8
06-18-2019, 05:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9YB3fiXkAARl2B.jpg:large

djohn2oo8
06-18-2019, 05:01 PM
No doubt Harden and Chris probably don’t get along. Just seems it’s been ALOT of leaks in two days. Probably what happens when you fire an entire coaching staff all at once. Your sources.

spurraider21
06-18-2019, 05:04 PM

Wtf?
check the handle again you dipshit

baseline bum
06-18-2019, 05:46 PM
I forget the names but the beaches near pepperdine are way better than Venice etc

Yeah the beaches around Malibu are great if you're looking for waves since they're south facing, though Huntington is still king for that. Redondo is nice for calm lazing about in the afternoon swells since it's west facing so the waves are pretty tame. Hermosa would have been too if it wasn't for all the sharp rocks in the sand under the water. But I love Redondo for lazy days and then grabbing a shitload of oysters at the fish market on the pier.

Clipper Nation
06-18-2019, 05:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9YB3fiXkAARl2B.jpg:large
:lol What else are they going to say in public?
:lol CP0: "It's true, I really am quitting on my team for the third time in my career."
:lol Morey: "Can confirm. Please bend me over in trade talks, opposing GMs!"

FrostKing
06-18-2019, 07:44 PM
https://i.ibb.co/txqPp3N/Screen-Shot-2019-06-18-at-5-43-22-PM.png

ambchang
06-18-2019, 08:56 PM
Time for CP 3 to put that union president hat on:
If you trade for me, I’ll help you draft a CBA so lopsided in your favour that you’d easily get the money back. Deal?

And :lol at those lakers fans still whining about not landing him. The nba, once again, saved the lakers. Could you imagine him and Kobe on the same team? It would’ve still been shaq 4 kobe 3.

buttsR4rebounding
06-18-2019, 09:08 PM
Yeah the beaches around Malibu are great if you're looking for waves since they're south facing, though Huntington is still king for that. Redondo is nice for calm lazing about in the afternoon swells since it's west facing so the waves are pretty tame. Hermosa would have been too if it wasn't for all the sharp rocks in the sand under the water. But I love Redondo for lazy days and then grabbing a shitload of oysters at the fish market on the pier.

It costs about $400 to rent a U-Haul to go from SA to LA, but from LA to SA around $1600. So many people are moving to Texas from California you are doing U-Haul a favor by taking one back to California. They aren't fleeing for a lower standard of living. California is a growing cesspool.

Killakobe81
06-18-2019, 09:50 PM
Time for CP 3 to put that union president hat on:
If you trade for me, I’ll help you draft a CBA so lopsided in your favour that you’d easily get the money back. Deal?

And :lol at those lakers fans still whining about not landing him. The nba, once again, saved the lakers. Could you imagine him and Kobe on the same team? It would’ve still been shaq 4 kobe 3.

I don't care about the veto you are right in the long run... But it was still bullshit but we still sitting on 16 titles... And I'll ignore the Achilles stuff

baseline bum
06-18-2019, 10:00 PM
It costs about $400 to rent a U-Haul to go from SA to LA, but from LA to SA around $1600. So many people are moving to Texas from California you are doing U-Haul a favor by taking one back to California. They aren't fleeing for a lower standard of living. California is a growing cesspool.

Oh yeah 75 degree summer days fucking suck.

Kawhitstorm
06-18-2019, 11:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOQoNnhOdu0

spurraider21
06-19-2019, 01:19 AM
Oh yeah 75 degree summer days fucking suck.
:lol texas blowhards trying to pretend that LA isn't a desirable place to be

though to be fair, yeah LA can be pretty trash if you're not particularly well off

FrostKing
06-19-2019, 01:34 AM
All my Ex's ran off to Texas

Ken Ryu
06-19-2019, 06:52 AM
HOU looking kinda bleak right now, CP3 was the ultimate team player as opposed to JH. He's absence will be easily felt and by the looks of things the star quality of CP3 is whats currently needed at the Lakers.

ambchang
06-19-2019, 06:57 AM
I don't care about the veto you are right in the long run... But it was still bullshit but we still sitting on 16 titles... And I'll ignore the Achilles stuff

Harden is about as “I don’t care” as you can get as a superstar and still he couldn’t stomach Paul. Kobe? They’d be at each other’s throat the first practice.

Like I said earlier, MVPau was the best teammate for Kobe. Team first, alpha talent, beta personality. Kobe is beta talent, alpha personality. Can’t think of anyone else who could mesh with him, and I’m sure that would not have been Paul.

Clipper Nation
06-19-2019, 09:06 AM

djohn2oo8
06-19-2019, 09:10 AM
CyberX is connected to the Lakers .org. Specifically the Buss family.

cyberx said: ↑ (http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?goto/post&id=12473598#post-12473598)

CP wouldn't HATE it if he was traded. But asking for a trade and being OK with one if it were to happen are different things. I think this dude just took a small nothing into something massive looking for a big break.

djohn2oo8
06-19-2019, 09:30 AM
Is this alleged drama something or nothing?

Stephen A.: Nothing. Spoke to Chris Paul yesterday. Categorically denied the report. He wanted to state emphatically he has never ever once demanded a trade. That's a fallacy. ... Did he demand a trade? No he did not. Did he ask to be traded? No he did not. I reported he is looking to be out of Houston. He did not address that so I don't know how he feels about that. This is my situation

djohn2oo8
06-19-2019, 09:33 AM
Stephen A:

The drama that is really unfolding is Fertitta, Morey & D'Antoni. D'Antoni wants an extension. Fertitta offered $5M + $1M for each round you won. That's where the real drama is going on. Harden & Paul have spoken. Did Harden get back to Paul initially? No. Did it take a few weeks to connect? Sure. But they have spoken. This stuffa bout can't stand one another? That's not the real issue.

06-19-2019, 09:53 AM

06-19-2019, 10:06 AM
1141183185851731969:lol

superbigtime
06-19-2019, 10:10 AM
It is increasingly difficult to take the NBA seriously.

exstatic
06-19-2019, 02:52 PM
Supposedly, the NYK hung up on Morey. When the Knicks, a playoff starved team if ever there were one, don't want you...

Clipper Nation
06-19-2019, 03:38 PM
The Rockets recently explored trading Chris Paul into New York's cap space, but the Knicks refused, according to league sources.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/6/19/18691656/mike-conley-utah-memphis-trade

:lmao TURNED DOWN BY THE KNICKS :lmao

baseline bum
06-19-2019, 03:56 PM
Rockets would have to add Harden to the deal to get anyone to consider taking CP0's contract.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-19-2019, 06:06 PM
Supposedly the Knicks turned down a trade proposal for Chris Paul, so whether the rumor about him and Harden's relationship is accurate or not, it's obvious that Houston is trying to get out from under his contract.