PDA

View Full Version : Good News for You: Spurs play in the worst division in the NBA in 2019-20.

Millennial_Messiah
06-16-2019, 05:05 PM
Harden AND Chris Paul both want out, likely to be traded to California teams.

Lonzo Ball doesn't want to play for the Pelicans, likely will be traded to a team like Phoenix or another big market like NY. Don't see him reporting to the Pelicans.

Pacific division is gonna be stacked (except for maybe the Suns; especially if the Clippers do get Kawhi Leonard), NW division still has 3-4 quality teams. But the Southwest? The Rockets core is going to be gone and they're going to suck. Mavericks are still bad. Grizzlies are still terrible and may lose Conley on top of that. Pelicans lost AD, gained Zion and a bunch of picks but they're a few years away for now.

I see the Spurs maybe winning 45 games and more importantly the division which, guarantees them a top 4 seed (though not HCA like in the NFL, unfortunately)... it should be like the NFL where division winners are guaranteed a round of home advantage, but still a guaranteed playoff birth is better than nothing when your division is really awful.

Spurs 40-50 Wins
Mavericks 25-35 Wins
Rockets 20-30 Wins
Grizzlies 15-25 Wins
Pelicans 10-20 Wins

BatManu20
06-16-2019, 05:11 PM
Harden’s not going anywhere :lol. CP3 likely isn’t either.

John B
06-16-2019, 05:21 PM
23rd playoff appearance :clap:clap:clap

baseline bum
06-16-2019, 05:23 PM

Yeah no one is trading for a little above average PG making Curry money and falling off fast. If CP0 wants off the Rockets then he needs to retire.

exstatic
06-16-2019, 05:26 PM
Yeah no one is trading for a little above average PG making Curry money and falling off fast. If CP0 wants off the Rockets then he needs to retire.

Yeah, wasn’t this the first time in like 5 years where he didn’t have a playoff hamstring issue?

I’d also rather they stay together and fight over the ball than let Morey work with all of that cap room.

Play Boban
06-16-2019, 05:28 PM
OP must be on drugs tbh. Houston will still be good and Dallas will be much better next season tbh.....

GusT15
06-16-2019, 05:32 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/5-things-to-know-nba-division-winners-not-guaranteed-playoff-spot/

Winning a weak division will no longer get you a top-four seed, or any seed at all

GreekSpursfan
06-16-2019, 05:59 PM
Now that the Warriors are out of the picture if i'm Houston i bring the same team back with minor changes and roll the dice. Unless they can get one of the big free agents which i don't see how.

Millennial_Messiah
06-16-2019, 06:09 PM
OP must be on drugs tbh. Houston will still be good and Dallas will be much better next season tbh.....

Dallas? :lmao flip floppy Cuban and his shitty roster

Philthemage
06-16-2019, 06:44 PM

Doncic is the real deal. And if the rapist comes back healthy, they're gonna be good

DJR210
06-16-2019, 06:53 PM
Pelicans will be the young running team that gives the Spurs fits, Rockets will be as good as Harden is offensively, Mavericks are led by a true superstar in his second season and what one would expect is a healthy Porzingis.. Grizzlies are the weakest link but should be improved as well. Not seeing it tbh

GusT15
06-16-2019, 07:04 PM
Not seeing what? I'll say it again,the thread is wrong at it's core.
Even if we won the Division we are not guaranteed a playoff spot.That has changed for the last 4 seasons.

Who cares about the Southwest anymore? We are up against the whole conference.

DMC
06-16-2019, 07:53 PM
:lol OP sonned by GusT

Millennial_Messiah
06-16-2019, 08:01 PM
Not seeing what? I'll say it again,the thread is wrong at it's core.
Even if we won the Division we are not guaranteed a playoff spot.That has changed for the last 4 seasons.

Who cares about the Southwest anymore? We are up against the whole conference.
I didn't realize the league further screwed up the standings rules in 2015. I was only aware of the 2006 summer rule changes, which were also stupid, but the league was upset with the Spurs-Mavs series being in the WCSF instead of the WCF, so I got that. But I do think a division winner should be guaranteed home court advantage for the first round and a top 4 seed, all the rest of sports have it. Silver is such a dumbass that thinks he's cool and the most "progressive" because of his radically stupid changes he's imposed since taking over for Stern.

RC_Drunkford
06-16-2019, 08:01 PM
With KD and Klay out for the season the Rockets would be stupid to trade their core. OP seems to live in 2015, NBA changed the rules after that season. I guess you didn't watch that Spurs Clippers series

Millennial_Messiah
06-16-2019, 08:03 PM
Doncic is the real deal. And if the rapist comes back healthy, they're gonna be good

Porzingis isn't going to have a long NBA career with that frame. He's either headed to early retirement like Yao Ming, or extreme load management/pitch count like teams have done with Boban Marjanovic. Doncic is still Eurotrash first and foremost. They're not going to win with 2 Eurotrashes as their 2 best players.

Millennial_Messiah
06-16-2019, 08:05 PM
With KD and Klay out for the season the Rockets would be stupid to trade their core. OP seems to live in 2015, NBA changed the rules after that season. I guess you didn't watch that Spurs Clippers series

Yeah, I did. I watched it from the bars on Fry Street in Denton. Hated it. The CP3 double screen was cheesing, imo. But Silver being a knee jerking kike bitch over it was stupid. Whatever you say of Roger Goodell, at least he didn't knee jerk over the Seahawks beating the Saints in 2010, for example, but the NBA powers at be (Silver/Stern) have always been knee jerkers... big time.

Seventyniner
06-16-2019, 08:09 PM
Southeast is still the worst division.

GusT15
06-16-2019, 08:12 PM
I didn't realize the league further screwed up the standings rules in 2015. I was only aware of the 2006 summer rule changes, which were also stupid, but the league was upset with the Spurs-Mavs series being in the WCSF instead of the WCF, so I got that. But I do think a division winner should be guaranteed home court advantage for the first round and a top 4 seed, all the rest of sports have it. Silver is such a dumbass that thinks he's cool and the most "progressive" because of his radically stupid changes he's imposed since taking over for Stern.

Yeah the last team to take advantage of Division winner seeding was the Blazers in 2015-which if i'm not mistaken fucked up our seed and we got Clippers in the 1st round.

And Silver not only changed the Division winners seed but he has said more than once that he has thought about 1-16 cross conference seeding which would eliminate conferences all together.
So he's thinking about more radical changes in the future and leaning towards the exact opposite from Division importance.

Millennial_Messiah
06-16-2019, 08:13 PM
Yeah the last team to take advantage of Division winner seeding was the Blazers in 2015-which if i'm not mistaken fucked up our seed and we got Clippers in the 1st round.

And Silver not only changed the Division winners seed but he has said more than once that he has thought about 1-16 cross conference seeding which would eliminate conferences all together.
So he's thinking about more radical changes in the future and leaning towards the exact opposite from Division importance.

Which is downright ridiculous and moronic, would ruin the league altogether. Silver is an all time idiot, I hope this doesn't happen but unfortunately I wouldn't put it past him. Good thing I follow the NBA less and less these days and am an NFL fan where there's 8 divisions and division play still reigns supreme. :toast

Millennial_Messiah
06-16-2019, 08:16 PM
Southeast is still the worst division.

You're not wrong. Hawks, Bobcats, Heat, Wizards, Magic... lmao.

Magic won that godawful division at 42-40 and were the #7 seed. In the past they would have been #4. Still think they deserve a home series for being a division winner, IMO.

BD24
06-16-2019, 08:30 PM
Andy being his usual dumb ass self. Nothing to see here folks.

his win total is low for pretty much every team but the grizz tbh

Play Boban
06-17-2019, 06:37 AM
As long as the unicorn doesn’t get injured they’ll be better than spurfan next year tbh.......

Millennial_Messiah
06-17-2019, 08:33 AM
As long as the unicorn doesn’t get injured they’ll be better than spurfan next year tbh.......

So as long as it doesn't rain all year in Seattle, the city will stay bone dry... Oh wait.

R. DeMurre
06-17-2019, 09:36 AM
Yeah, I did. I watched it from the bars on Fry Street in Denton. Hated it. The CP3 double screen was cheesing, imo. But Silver being a knee jerking kike bitch over it was stupid. Whatever you say of Roger Goodell, at least he didn't knee jerk over the Seahawks beating the Saints in 2010, for example, but the NBA powers at be (Silver/Stern) have always been knee jerkers... big time.

Silver is a great commissioner. Only an idiot such as yourself who espouses white supremacy bullshit on a basketball website and thinks Derrick White, Steph Curry, and Tim Duncan's children are the products of interracial "bestiality" could think otherwise. You're ten times the knee jerk reactionary than Silver will ever be.

Millennial_Messiah
06-17-2019, 11:00 AM
Silver is a great commissioner. Only an idiot such as yourself who espouses white supremacy bullshit on a basketball website and thinks Derrick White, Steph Curry, and Tim Duncan's children are the products of interracial "bestiality" could think otherwise. You're ten times the knee jerk reactionary than Silver will ever be.

Elian Carry is a faggot, Amy is a skanky bitch, and Derrick White is almost as ugly as his shot and Kyle Anderson. 'nuff said.

R. DeMurre
06-17-2019, 11:12 AM
Elian Carry is a faggot, Amy is a skanky bitch, and Derrick White is almost as ugly as his shot and Kyle Anderson. 'nuff said.

Idiocy: confirmed.

look_at_g_shred
06-17-2019, 11:45 PM
Like the AFC East?

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-17-2019, 11:51 PM

Yeah, Houston’s going to be stuck with their shitty contracts. Couldn’t happen to a better team!!

SpurOutofTownFan
06-18-2019, 07:06 PM
Harden AND Chris Paul both want out, likely to be traded to California teams.

Lonzo Ball doesn't want to play for the Pelicans, likely will be traded to a team like Phoenix or another big market like NY. Don't see him reporting to the Pelicans.

Pacific division is gonna be stacked (except for maybe the Suns; especially if the Clippers do get Kawhi Leonard), NW division still has 3-4 quality teams. But the Southwest? The Rockets core is going to be gone and they're going to suck. Mavericks are still bad. Grizzlies are still terrible and may lose Conley on top of that. Pelicans lost AD, gained Zion and a bunch of picks but they're a few years away for now.

I see the Spurs maybe winning 45 games and more importantly the division which, guarantees them a top 4 seed (though not HCA like in the NFL, unfortunately)... it should be like the NFL where division winners are guaranteed a round of home advantage, but still a guaranteed playoff birth is better than nothing when your division is really awful.

Spurs 40-50 Wins
Mavericks 25-35 Wins
Rockets 20-30 Wins
Grizzlies 15-25 Wins
Pelicans 10-20 Wins

Cp3 may want out but who's taking on that contract? no one

Arcadian
06-18-2019, 07:24 PM
It wasn't long ago that all 5 teams in the SW division made the playoffs.