MoSpur02
06-19-2019, 10:52 AM
Grayson Allen, Korver, and Jae Crowder being moved to Memphis

Immortal Spur
06-19-2019, 10:53 AM
better haul than we got for kawhi

gambit1990
06-19-2019, 10:55 AM
i like the trade a lot for utah. conley can still play well, right?

Dennis the Menace
Nice to see an organization want to get better

Degoat
We better make some noise on draft night because all these teams in the west are gonna get better

Chinook
I wonder if Crowder could be had now. Memphis probably wants to make moves toward competing for a playoffs spot, but they probably won't get there anyway, and Jae can get them a draft pick. He's fallen off since his Celtics days, but he'd still be a solid guy to play the three in big lineups and the four in small lineups.

Immortal Spur
06-19-2019, 10:57 AM
I wonder if Crowder could be had now. Memphis probably wants to make moves toward competing for a playoffs spot, but they probably won't get there anyway, and Jae can get them a draft pick. He's fallen off since his Celtics days, but he'd still be a solid guy to play the three in big lineups and the four in small lineups.
100% Give them the 29th and Beli or Bertans.

Jae could start day 1.

Murray/White/DeRozan/Jae/LMA would be dope

TDomination
06-19-2019, 10:57 AM
So their backcourt will be Mitchell and Conley?

Leetonidas
06-19-2019, 11:00 AM
Edit: fuck quoted wrong post :lol

Allen is garbage, Korver is old and 10x worse than Beli on defense, and Crowder is ok but not as good as he was in Boston. Poeltl is more valuable than any one of those players tbh

Mugen
06-19-2019, 11:01 AM
29th plus Bertans for Crowder tbh. Forbes instead of Bert if that's what they want.

They are jammed up at the forward spot and paying Fathead / Parsons a shitton of money.

Spurs need to go after Crowder asap.

Dverde
06-19-2019, 11:02 AM
Nice to see an organization want to get better

Agreed

exstatic
06-19-2019, 11:03 AM

Jae could start day 1.

:lol Jae shot less than 40% overall and 33% from 3 last year. He's also 28. I don't think there's a first round market for NO3andD players.

Immortal Spur
06-19-2019, 11:04 AM
I'm not really worried about Utah. They lost a ton of depth and when has Conley been healthy and entire year.

Immortal Spur
06-19-2019, 11:05 AM
:lol Jae shot less than 40% overall and 33% from 3 last year. He's also 28. I don't think there's a first round market for NO3andD players.
Dam i was way off. I guess I was going off rep LUL

Chinook

I didn't think Memphis would get three firsts for Conley either.

Drom John
and the No. 23 pick in the 2019 draft and a future first-round pick.

Ja Morant to replace Conley, what do the Grizzlies want at 23?

Mugen
06-19-2019, 11:06 AM

Yet he still shot significantly better from 3 than deadeye shooter and coffee gang leader Patty Mills in the playoffs :lmao

exstatic
06-19-2019, 11:07 AM
I didn't think Memphis would get three firsts for Conley either.

Just because other teams are stupid doesn't mean we have to be, too.

Immortal Spur
06-19-2019, 11:10 AM
Jae averaged 11 pts coming off the bench last year?? Still would rather have him than Beli or Bertans. Maybe a straight up trade then. He has bad career averages for FG% and 3Pt%. Still want though

Mugen
Conley has one of the worst contracts in the league, just as injury prone, about half the player that Kawhi is.....

And the Grizzlies still got a better haul than the Spurs :lol

Queue the "leverage" gang in 3..2....1......

Chinook
and the No. 23 pick in the 2019 draft and a future first-round pick.

Ja Morant to replace Conley, what do the Grizzlies want at 23?

Jonas could walk this summer, so I don't think they'd mind getting a big to go with Jackson. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them trade up a bit, especially if they can swing it with just their players and hold onto their future picks. I hope the Spurs wouldn't do this, but 19 and Bertans/Beli for 23 and Crowder is good value. If they're willing to take back bad money, they may be able to swap 23 for 13 by taking on James Johnson in the exchange.

Chinook
06-19-2019, 11:11 AM
Just because other teams are stupid doesn't mean we have to be, too.

But the market is determined by other teams, not just the one we root for.

Mugen
06-19-2019, 11:12 AM
If there's anybody in the thread that thinks Bryn or Bertans is better than Crowder now and in the next 5 years, please speak up asap tbh....

Chinook
06-19-2019, 11:16 AM
If there's anybody in the thread that thinks Bryn or Bertans is better than Crowder now and in the next 5 years, please speak up asap tbh....

I think Crowder would look better with the Spurs, but his drop off is concerning. Utah runs a nice system too. I'd make the trade due to team needs, but yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Bryn or Bertans be better over the next five years. Not Beli, though.

Spursfanfromafar
A great deal for Utah. In Conley they get a far better shooter and as good as a defender as Rubio. Its a great upgrade in the PG position. If Conley stays healthy he is among the top 5 best PGs in the league. In Conley, Mitchell, Ingles, and Gobert.. they have a very good core who will move the needle further from the previous seasons under a good coach in Snyder.

And meh, I am not so gung ho over Crowder. Advanced stats show he has regressed significantly on defence and his contract extends into next season. Would prefer JaMychal Green for a portion or full MLE over him.

Immortal Spur
https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1141376738586451969

how do you post a freaking tweet nowadays!

i get this color code and font etx

exstatic
06-19-2019, 11:17 AM

#signed. Jae just exchanges your defensive problem for an offensive one when he's on the floor. You haven't improved.

exstatic
06-19-2019, 11:20 AM

My statement stands. If the market is crazy stupid, you don't buy. It's no different than Wall St. If the stock market is crazy, stay the F out of it until it stabilizes. Nothing says that you HAVE to own stocks.

DC23
06-19-2019, 11:20 AM
Crowder is washed up. I don't see him really adding value to the Spurs tbh. Is Rubio off to Europe or China now? Can't imagine another NBA team picking him up.

Mugen
06-19-2019, 11:21 AM
#signed. Jae just exchanges your defensive problem for an offensive one when he's on the floor. You haven't improved.

I already know you would since a lot of the suckers are enamored with Forbes. But give me that defense any day of the week, especially in a conference that has LeBron, potentially Nephew, and Harden...

Bertans was nonexistent in the playoffs and having a loser like Forbes take away minutes from guys like White, Murray, and Walker is shameful tbh....

Dverde
06-19-2019, 11:22 AM
https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1141376738586451969

how do you post a freaking tweet nowadays!

i get this color code and font etx

Kyle Korver rejected the Spurs in the past (check), good character guy despite his white privilege (check), bad at defense (check), way past his prime (check)....there goes our MLE :depressed

exstatic
06-19-2019, 11:22 AM
I mean, if you want a no shoot, defensive 3, just make an MLE (maybe even partial) offer on RHJ. He won't even cost you a pick, and he's 24, 4 years younger than Jae.

exstatic
06-19-2019, 11:24 AM
A great deal for Utah. In Conley they get a far better shooter and as good as a defender as Rubio. Its a great upgrade in the PG position. If Conley stays healthy he is among the top 5 best PGs in the league. In Conley, Mitchell, Ingles, and Gobert.. they have a very good core who will move the needle further from the previous seasons under a good coach in Snyder.

And meh, I am not so gung ho over Crowder. Advanced stats show he has regressed significantly on defence and his contract extends into next season. Would prefer JaMychal Green for a portion or full MLE over him.

Conley makes a shit ton of money, and plays about 60 games a year.

Oh, and as I posted in the Green thread that was bumped, he was flipped to the LAC at the deadline last season. You'll have to call The Logo.

Chinook
06-19-2019, 11:29 AM
I already know you would since a lot of the suckers are enamored with Forbes. But give me that defense any day of the week, especially in a conference that has LeBron, potentially Nephew, and Harden...

Bertans was nonexistent in the playoffs and having a loser like Forbes take away minutes from guys like White, Murray, and Walker is shameful tbh....

You're simultaneously trying to hype Crowder for his playoffs performance and ignoring that Bryn was really good there. Dude showed up and did his part to give the Spurs a chance to win Game Seven.

Mugen
06-19-2019, 11:32 AM
You're simultaneously trying to hype Crowder for his playoffs performance and ignore that Bryn was really good there. Dude showed up and did his part to give the Spurs a chance to win Game Seven.

I gave Bryn props for his playoff performance when it happened. But would I rather have him over Jae Crowder in the short-term and potentially long-term? Absolutely not. Like it's not even close.

Spursfanfromafar
06-19-2019, 11:33 AM
Conley makes a shit ton of money, and plays about 60 games a year.

Oh, and as I posted in the Green thread that was bumped, he was flipped to the LAC at the deadline last season. You'll have to call The Logo.

Yeah. But the contract ends in two years (including next season) which means that he fits with the Utah timeline. His contract won't eat up into space when they are due to pay Mitchell.

Conley has always looked good after returning from injury which means that if his minutes are managed in the regular season properly, he could make an impact in an extended postseason for the Jazz.

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2019, 11:52 AM
Great move for Utah, the West is wide open and they desperately needed another shot-creator..they didn't give up anything of value..Conley still has enough game to make an impact for 2 more seasons..

The success of the Kawhi trade is going to alter the way teams make moves, going forward IMO..you're going to see much more gambling on short-term impact when an opportunity arises from middle of the pack teams..

It makes sense, why not gamble on proven vets, rather than endlessly amassing picks that will likely never amount to anything significant? Look at the Celtics, they were in as good of a position as you could ever be in from a picks and assets perspective, yet it didn't amount to anything on the court..

Immortal Spur
06-19-2019, 11:57 AM
Great move for Utah, the West is wide open and they desperately needed another shot-creator..they didn't give up anything of value..Conley still has enough game to make an impact for 2 more seasons..

The success of the Kawhi trade is going to alter the way teams make moves, going forward IMO..you're going to see much more gambling on short-term impact when an opportunity arises from middle of the pack teams..

It makes sense, why not gamble on proven vets, rather than endlessly amassing picks that will likely never amount to anything significant? Look at the Celtics, they were in as good of a position as you could ever be in from a picks and assets perspective, yet it didn't amount to anything on the court..
sellers market right now..

DAF86
06-19-2019, 11:58 AM

I want both, Crowder and Korver. They will most likely go ring chasing to teams like LA and GS though.

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2019, 12:03 PM
Crowder is very limited, but I'd take him on the Spurs..they could really use another defender and a guy who does the hard work, they barely have anybody on the roster who is built that way..

Chinook
06-19-2019, 12:03 PM
I want both, Crowder and Korver. They will most likely go ring chasing to teams like LA and GS though.

Want nothing to do with Korver. He's just a worse Bertans now. Crowder isn't going to get cut, so there's no ring-chasing in his future for a couple of seasons. I'm on board with moving Beli and 29 for him though. I'd prefer to go for Bogdanovic first, but that wouldn't a draft-night trade.

DAF86
06-19-2019, 12:05 PM
Want nothing to do with Korver. He's just a worse Bertans now. Crowder isn't going to get cut, so there's no ring-chasing in his future for a couple of seasons. I'm on board with moving Beli and 29 for him though. I'd prefer to go for Bogdanovic first, but that wouldn't a draft-night trade.

Korver is a better Beli, tbh.

exstatic
06-19-2019, 12:07 PM
Korver is a better Beli, tbh.

Well, certainly an OLDER one....

Dverde
06-19-2019, 12:13 PM

On important free agency decisions, Lebron better remember to call Korver’s wife instead of him :rolleyes

Strategic
06-19-2019, 12:16 PM
Crowder appears to have good BBIQ, but he’s either had a lifetime of poor coaching or he’s not very coachable. He looks like a two year project. Pass

look_at_g_shred
06-19-2019, 12:17 PM
Crowder appears to have good BBIQ, but he’s either had a lifetime of poor coaching or he’s not very coachable. He looks like a two year project. Pass
Project? He is what he is.

spursistan
06-19-2019, 12:30 PM
Conley has one of the worst contracts in the league, just as injury prone, about half the player that Kawhi is.....

And the Grizzlies still got a better haul than the Spurs :lol

Queue the "leverage" gang in 3..2....1......

Exactly my thought and I just bumped Amused thread..

Masai Ujiri is gonna get a multi-year 10 millions contract. His CV right now should only have one sentence that reads:

"The Kawhi trade where I bent over your Gods (Pop/RC)"

MannyIsGod
06-19-2019, 12:51 PM

Jae could start day 1.

Eh, no reason to give up the 29th. I'd rather have the 29th over Crowder.

MannyIsGod
06-19-2019, 12:53 PM

Well only if the Spurs let it be. I'd rather they keep the pick if that's the price.

GreekSpursfan
06-19-2019, 12:53 PM
The players they got, Korver is on his last legs, Crowder is meh and will probably regress next year, he had a few good years in Boston and that was the end of that, Allen terrible. The picks are what they are, late first, not much imo. Nobody won with this trade because i don't see Utah doing more than what they did this year and Memphis got out of the contract but they will still be terrible for a few years so whatever.

MannyIsGod
06-19-2019, 12:56 PM

Man, I swear if you see a white 3 point shooter you automatically want him on the Spurs.

There's zero reason to go after a player like Korver. We already have Belli and hopefully he gets less time this year. We don't need another.

gambit1990
06-19-2019, 12:57 PM
utah is now better. portland will be better with a healthy nuk. mavs will be better with a healthy porz.

gambit1990
06-19-2019, 12:59 PM
i like how much movement there is these days. for as long as i’ve been a fan i always thought more shakeups / gambles should be made.

raps, bucks, 6ers, even the mavs last year, utah now.

where you at rc? maybe a bar since it’s lunchtime...

tbdog
06-19-2019, 01:02 PM

Jae could start day 1.

I said in my pre season thread that I wanted Bertans for Crowder. I think Bertans is better and I wouldn't give a pick up.

gambit1990
06-19-2019, 01:03 PM
i read utah can clear cap space by trading exum and waiving favors. they should do that and go after horford.

conley
mitchell
ingles
horford
gobert

Texas_Ranger
06-19-2019, 01:14 PM
people expecting the Spurs to make deals to make the team better? :lmao

stop crying bitches, we have Bryn Forbes!

Trueblood
06-19-2019, 01:17 PM
I'm just glad the Spurs stayed away from this one. I saw an article that we were linked to this trade as a possible destination. Something about trading away a few young prospects (presumably DJ, White, IV or some combination there of) in an effort to clear up the backcourt log jam and give LA and DDR a third fringe all-star creating a poor man's big 3 in a last push for Pop to ring

cjw
06-19-2019, 01:21 PM
I’ll trade Mills & 19 for Crowder & 23.

But probably takes more to get off of two years of Mills’ salary vs. Crowder being expiring. Also numbers don’t quite work.

CJ Miles straight up for Mills would work.

lmbebo
06-19-2019, 01:22 PM
Guess the offer last year was this : Ricky Rubio, Derrick Favors, a first-round pick and a second-round pick,

Deal killer was Memphis wanted Exum. Utah refused.

CGD
06-19-2019, 02:03 PM
Good move for Memphis with Morant ready to go.

exstatic
06-19-2019, 02:08 PM
Guess the offer last year was this : Ricky Rubio, Derrick Favors, a first-round pick and a second-round pick,

Deal killer was Memphis wanted Exum. Utah refused.

So, you're bringing in a vet, All Star, All Defense caliber PG, and you won't give up Exum?

DAF86
06-19-2019, 02:09 PM
Man, I swear if you see a white 3 point shooter you automatically want him on the Spurs.

There's zero reason to go after a player like Korver. We already have Belli and hopefully he gets less time this year. We don't need another.

No, I didn't want Beli, tbh.

John B
06-19-2019, 02:21 PM
Great move for Utah. Conley would give them experience, but getting old and injury prone. Memphis still rebuilding and Crowder could be had. I’d give our 29th pick

TD 21
06-19-2019, 06:35 PM
:lmao At the Spurs. Despite the picks falling well into the 20s, the Grizzlies extracted more draft capital (and will probably get more by rerouting Crowder) out of an in conference team, for an undersized, aging, injury prone, top 30 player on a bloated contract, than the Spurs did from an out of conference team, for the exact archetype most coveted currently, with an underpaid top 5 player in their early prime.

It's a good move for the Jazz, but even with the league looking more wide open at the moment than at any point in recent memory, they're not contenders yet. I'm skeptical they would be even if they sign Mirotic (which could cost Favors, further stripping them of their depth) because of the lack of a superstar.

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2019, 06:37 PM
:lmao At the Spurs. Despite the picks falling well into the 20s, the Grizzlies extracted more draft capital (and will probably get more by rerouting Crowder) out of an in conference team, for an undersized, aging, injury prone, top 30 player on a bloated contract, than the Spurs did from an out of conference team, for the exact archetype most coveted currently, with an underpaid top 5 player in their early prime.

It's a good move for the Jazz, but even with the league looking more wide open at the moment than at any point in recent memory, they're not contenders yet. I'm not even sure they would be if they sign Mirotic (which could cost Favors, further stripping them of their depth) because of the lack of a superstar.

There isn't a realistic move they could make to become a real contender..a team with Gobert/Mitchell/Ingles and a great system is too good to become a lottery team, though, so might as well give it a shot..

TD 21
06-19-2019, 06:40 PM
There isn't a realistic move they could make to become a real contender..a team with Gobert/Mitchell/Ingles and a great system is too good to become a lottery team, though, so might as well give it a shot..

I agree. I was alluding to the media pretending they're in the mix now though.

Depending on who they get at PF + how they replenish their depth, they could win mid-high 50s games next season . . . only to inevitably be out (super)stared by someone in the playoffs.

GreekSpursfan
06-19-2019, 06:47 PM
This is one of those moves that doesn't move the needle for both teams tbh. Memphis got nothing outside of the picks, the players they got are either done, about to be done or scrubs, you decide who is who, its easy. Utah got Conley but their timing was bad because its the Lakers window and then Conley is about to face father time. Its a nothing move unless those very late picks turn out to be steals of the draft, very low possibility.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2019, 01:28 AM
No, I didn't want Beli, tbh.

Fair point.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-20-2019, 01:55 AM
Great trade for Memphis, the future pick looks amazing considering its protection. Utah paid through the nose, wonder who they were bidding against.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-20-2019, 02:01 AM
This is one of those moves that doesn't move the needle for both teams tbh. Memphis got nothing outside of the picks, the players they got are either done, about to be done or scrubs, you decide who is who, its easy.

Nothing outside the picks? The are exactly what they wanted. They got 2 firsts - 23 and a future pick that will likely convey as only top 6 protected in the deepest draft ever. They also got Crowder who they could flip for another pick, Grayson who’s a first round pick on a rookie contract and a sizeable TE that they could use to absorb a contract with yet another pick attached to it - see what Atlanta got for taking on Crabbe’s expiring.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-20-2019, 02:06 AM
No team has risen miles above the rest. This makes Utah better...I suppose. Memphis will still be mediocre. LA may now have Davis, but that team is sh!t after Kuzma. That will be a hard roster to round out. And with an aging Lebron and an injury-prone Davis, they're just one tweaked joint away from missing the playoffs...again. Dallas will be better, but I'm not sure how much. We probably will have a bunch of teams bunched between 2 and 11 in the West. Might be the tightest conference standings in years. A couple of 50+ win teams and a bunch in the mid-40s.

I'm hoping the Spurs can find their chemistry and fill their gaps from last season because if they can they have a legit chance to be competitive in the West.

itzsoweezee
06-20-2019, 02:09 AM
Crowder is not good. Do you people even watch teams other than the Spurs? I'm pretty sure his stats are terrible too.

FrostKing
06-20-2019, 04:13 AM
Spurs should have acquired Conley. Need a dribbling guard to take the pressure off those short forwards.

RC_Drunkford
06-20-2019, 08:38 AM
I'd want Crowder on the Spurs, but no way in hell would I give up a 1st round pick to get him. Maybe Belinelli and a 2nd rounder