PDA

View Full Version : Benson SNAPS!!!! Attacks Cameraman at game!

NINERS4LIFE
10-30-2005, 11:07 PM
I hope the old man doesn't lose it !! It looks like the pressure is starting to get to him.

http://www.wwltv.com/sports/stories/WWL103005benson.11855f9f.html

http://www.wwltv.com/sports/stories/L_IMAGE.10732e55909.93.88.fa.7c.11c85de1.jpg

Saints owner attacks WWL-TV camera
08:09 PM CST on Sunday, October 30, 2005
WWLTV.com

Saints owner Tom Benson lunged at an Eyewitness News camera, ripping off a microphone and then got into a shouting match with a fan upon leaving Tiger Stadium Sunday.

Video of the episode will be shown on Eyewitness News Sunday night at 10:22 p.m.

According to Eyewitness Sports’ Lee Zurik, he and cameraman Mike Bland were in the press box with about five minutes to go when he saw Mr. Benson leaving the game.

Zurik and Bland went downstairs to get some video of Mr. Benson leaving and were “7 to 10 feet from him” when Benson lunged and then swatted at the camera, ripping off a microphone that was attached.

Zurik said Benson then got into an argument with a fan and tried to lunge at him as well.

dknights411
10-30-2005, 11:11 PM
On a related note, the Saints have signed Kenny Rogers.

Vashner
10-31-2005, 02:15 AM
I love it...

TheWriter
10-31-2005, 02:36 AM
Attacks?

LOL

McKenzie
10-31-2005, 06:29 AM
LOL....if I was him and my team had just played that game, only to await Tag's announcment, I'd be a bit pissy as well.

I didn't watch Eyewitness News. I was watching WOAI.

N.Y. Johnny
10-31-2005, 08:02 AM
Assault On The Media

Tom Benson kicks ass!!!

sa_butta
10-31-2005, 11:04 AM
I heard it on the Ticket this morning he called the camerman a prick and then the camera man said "oh yeah and what are you". They said I didnt know Pee Wee Herman was working the camera.

CharlieMac
10-31-2005, 11:45 AM
I heard it on the Ticket this morning he called the camerman a prick and then the camera man said "oh yeah and what are you". They said I didnt know Pee Wee Herman was working the camera.

If only he had said " I know you are, but what am I?"

God ESPN is making Benson look like the devil. He "lunged" at a camera crew while he was leaving the game, and got into a shouting match a "fan".

Apparently that's all there is to the story.

Vashner
10-31-2005, 11:47 AM
He needs to hire proper bodyguards... let them smack down the camera man.

sa_butta
10-31-2005, 01:25 PM
From what I saw the camera man was asking for it. Benson wanted the camera out of his face before he knocked it out and the camera man just egged him on. Saying go ahead and hit me. Benson should have just knocked him out. Some media are relentless.

Extra Stout
10-31-2005, 01:31 PM
Coming up next on FOX... "When NFL Owners Attack"

tgrgrd00
10-31-2005, 01:48 PM
From what I saw the camera man was asking for it. Benson wanted the camera out of his face before he knocked it out and the camera man just egged him on. Saying go ahead and hit me. Benson should have just knocked him out. Some media are relentless.

Not true...There was a local reporter with the camera man...and all they were doing was following Benson. They didn't even ask him any questions...it was a fan who was saying "Go ahead and hit me". All the camera man said the whole time was "get your hand off of my camera" and he wasn't even talking to Benson.

Benson is nuts.... (http://www.wwltv.com/perl/common/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.wwltv.com/1030thanh.wmv)

tgrgrd00
10-31-2005, 01:50 PM
If only he had said " I know you are, but what am I?"

God ESPN is making Benson look like the devil. He "lunged" at a camera crew while he was leaving the game, and got into a shouting match a "fan".

Apparently that's all there is to the story.

Benson is the devil...no need for ESPN to make him out to be that way, all they have to do is tell the truth for once.

Vashner
10-31-2005, 02:35 PM
Lasers shot out of Benson's eye burning the cameraman's hand (he heated up the camera).

sa_butta
10-31-2005, 03:02 PM
Not true...There was a local reporter with the camera man...and all they were doing was following Benson. They didn't even ask him any questions...it was a fan who was saying "Go ahead and hit me". All the camera man said the whole time was "get your hand off of my camera" and he wasn't even talking to Benson.

Benson is nuts.... (http://www.wwltv.com/perl/common/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.wwltv.com/1030thanh.wmv)My mistake I only heard the audio so I thought it was the cameraman.

T Park
10-31-2005, 04:25 PM
Benson is the devil...no need for ESPN to make him out to be that way, all they have to do is tell the truth for once

If hes so bad, then youll be happy to let the team move, right dickface?

McKenzie
10-31-2005, 04:40 PM
Nope, you got it all wrong. They want the team, but not the owner. Hell, they don't want all that many of the displaced folks back. Just the team.

Marcus Bryant
10-31-2005, 04:50 PM
Whoa, T Park just referred to someone as a "dickface"...

tgrgrd00
10-31-2005, 04:57 PM
If hes so bad, then youll be happy to let the team move, right dickface?

Dude why the vulgar name calling? I don't understand why I must be degraded for every statement I make. It doesn't bother me but it seems a little immature.

No I will not be happy to let the team move...we love the team not the owner.

If the NFL grants us an expansion team (very very unlikely) then I would tell Benson to not let the door hit him in his ass on the way out and we would probably have a huge party for New Orleaneans on Bourbon street. Otherwise he has us by the balls and he knows it.

PeterBurns
10-31-2005, 05:00 PM
Now Now,

Don't turn this into SaintsReport.
Keep the gloves up, no sense stooping to their level.

McKenzie
10-31-2005, 05:03 PM
Now Now,

No shit. I won't even read their crap anymore. I refuse to browse the internet anywhere near them.

Congrats on your banning, BTW. It's very liberating, you'll see. ;)

samikeyp
10-31-2005, 05:13 PM
Benson is the devil...no need for ESPN to make him out to be that way, all they have to do is tell the truth for once

Dat ownah is da debil, Bobby Boucher! :lol

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/touchstone_pictures/the_waterboy/kathy_bates/kathybates.jpg

sa_butta
10-31-2005, 05:37 PM
Foosball

samikeyp
10-31-2005, 05:38 PM
You and de Foosball and de Mistah Coach Klein and dat jezebel Vicky Valencourt! :)

hicksi
10-31-2005, 06:27 PM
No shit. I won't even read their crap anymore. I refuse to browse the internet anywhere near them.

Congrats on your banning, BTW. It's very liberating, you'll see. ;)
Smiles in agreement!
:princess

spurs=bling
10-31-2005, 07:00 PM
Now Now,

:depressed

you stopped me right in my tracks :depressed

samikeyp
10-31-2005, 07:06 PM
Travelling in a fried-out Kombie,
On a hippie trail, head full of zombie

:lmao :lmao

nice! :)

hicksi
10-31-2005, 08:39 PM
:lmao :lmao

nice! :)
So, you speak-a my language?

gameFACE
10-31-2005, 11:20 PM
^^No. He's just smiling and eating a vegemite sandwich.

That was pretty stupid of Benson. Just showing a little bit of his true colors. It's a doggone shame..............

exstatic
10-31-2005, 11:40 PM
Benson is the devil...no need for ESPN to make him out to be that way, all they have to do is tell the truth for once.

You do know that he offered, before this season or Katrina, to forgo his opt out this year, if the state would forgo theirs in 2008. That would have the effect of locking them in until 2010 with no options. The state refused. The talks broke off in April.