PDA

View Full Version : Jonathon Simmons Likely to be Waived

MoSpur02
06-21-2019, 09:08 AM
Would you guys want him back on the Spurs?

sasaint
06-21-2019, 09:13 AM
No.

JeffDuncan
06-21-2019, 09:28 AM
Sure. We only have 17 guards now. Gotta have more.

Dejounte
06-21-2019, 09:34 AM
How the mighty have fallen. Werent there people trashing the Spurs because they didnt keep Simms?

Ibleedslvrnblk
06-21-2019, 09:38 AM
Why don't we just get Gary Neal back while we are at it.

picnroll
06-21-2019, 09:39 AM
Hope he banked his paychecks.

Dverde
06-21-2019, 09:40 AM
He seems unnecessary with Lonnie Walker and DDR on the roster. He’ll probably show up wherever Nephew signs.

pad300
06-21-2019, 09:42 AM
No thanks

SpursDynasty85
06-21-2019, 09:56 AM
Yes. If he is still healthy he is a decent backup SF.

MoSpur02
06-21-2019, 09:59 AM
I had a feeling he wouldn't look as good in Orlando and especially in Philly. He shouldn't have left S.A. Oh well.

Dennis the Menace
06-21-2019, 10:02 AM
No.

dabom6
06-21-2019, 10:05 AM
Dude wanted 50 mil. :lmao

BillMc
06-21-2019, 10:21 AM
How the mighty have fallen. Werent there people trashing the Spurs because they didnt keep Simms?

RD2191
06-21-2019, 10:24 AM
He's better than that piece of shit Mills so why not?

Russ
06-21-2019, 10:41 AM
Where are all those who laughed at the Spurs for not offering Simmons a cap-busting deal?

ZeusWillJudge
06-21-2019, 10:46 AM
He's too tall.

Seventyniner
06-21-2019, 10:48 AM
I'd take Number Two back before this guy.

boutons_deux
06-21-2019, 10:52 AM
Same as Speedy, so-called savior of Tony, then dropped out of the league a couple of years later.

Chucho
06-21-2019, 10:53 AM
Where are all those who laughed at the Spurs for not offering Simmons a cap-busting deal?

GrapplingYautja
06-21-2019, 10:55 AM
This dude really fucked up. Should have stayed pat and improved on his game. Especially at his age, but whatever.

Realdeal1
06-21-2019, 11:16 AM
Isn’t Simmons a locker room cancer? Wasn’t he one of the guys in kahwis ear helping him turn on the Spurs?

Millennial_Messiah
06-21-2019, 11:18 AM
I'd take Number Two back before this guy.

I'd take the reigning FMVP/likely MVP over pretty much anyone, tbh.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-21-2019, 11:25 AM
Scrub. Doesn't deserve the roster spot.

Also celebrated Ray Allen's 3. Never forget.

EricB
06-21-2019, 11:26 AM
Isn’t Simmons a locker room cancer? Wasn’t he one of the guys in kahwis ear helping him turn on the Spurs?

Ding ding ding

pad300
06-21-2019, 11:28 AM
This dude really fucked up. Should have stayed pat and improved on his game. Especially at his age, but whatever.

Not from his perspective, taking the money was the only sensible thing...

Leetonidas
06-21-2019, 11:33 AM
Lol the low iq posters thinking we should have ponied up for this scrub that keeps getting bounced between teams and can't even get on the floor :lmao

Mugen
06-21-2019, 11:34 AM
Hope he banked his paychecks.

JSimms has like 6 kids that I'm sure he's paying alimony on, I guarantee he'll be broke AF 3-4 years after he's out of the league.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-21-2019, 11:43 AM
Him and Kawhi were good friends. Pop choosing wombat over Simmons really hurt kawhi

Spurs Brazil
06-21-2019, 11:51 AM
No

SpursDynasty85
06-21-2019, 11:57 AM
Lol the low iq posters thinking we should have ponied up for this scrub that keeps getting bounced between teams and can't even get on the floor :lmao

Signing for big money vs staying with the established contender was a choice that caused him a shorter career I'm sure. If Spurs and Simmons worked it out in free agency Simmons wouldve been productive and more marketable vs going to that constant lottery team. I imagine he regrets it more than the Spurs for sure but, Spurs just have a way to make vets fit.

bklynspursfan
06-21-2019, 12:00 PM

:corn:

Leetonidas
06-21-2019, 12:28 PM
Signing for big money vs staying with the established contender was a choice that caused him a shorter career I'm sure. If Spurs and Simmons worked it out in free agency Simmons wouldve been productive and more marketable vs going to that constant lottery team. I imagine he regrets it more than the Spurs for sure but, Spurs just have a way to make vets fit.

He was never really good to begin with. Had a couple ok games in the playoffs and had flashy dunks. All his numbers tell us that he sucked in general tbh

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-21-2019, 12:37 PM

Beat me to what I was gonna say.

He had a really good story and was a solid bench guy for us but a lot of folks overrated him. Hopefully he can find another team who will give him a shot but I doubt and don't want it to be with us

MannyIsGod
06-21-2019, 12:38 PM

Dude got paid. He did anything but fuck up. it just turns out its hard to make it in the NBA.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2019, 12:39 PM
JSimms has like 6 kids that I'm sure he's paying alimony on, I guarantee he'll be broke AF 3-4 years after he's out of the league.

You might want to learn what alimony is before you guarantee anyone's financial status TBH

BatManu20
06-21-2019, 12:41 PM
He sucked ass the minute he left the Spurs, not surprisingly.

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-21-2019, 12:43 PM
Didn't San Antonio offer him a similar deal as Orlando but he wanted more from the Spurs? Not to mention didn't he want to be promised guaranteed playing time or something like that?

I remember him being released from unrestricted free agency status from our guys due to him requesting it, because the team didn't agree to his roster situation and playing terms. He pretty much pulled a Stephen Jackson. Lmao

Mugen
06-21-2019, 12:44 PM
You might want to learn what alimony is before you guarantee anyone's financial status TBH

Child support, alimony, whatever it'll be, he'll be broke soon. Just stick to your breakfast burrito, fat boy.

FkLA
06-21-2019, 12:54 PM
Also celebrated Ray Allen's 3. Never forget.

WTF is this about?

RC_Drunkford
06-21-2019, 02:19 PM
Didn't San Antonio offer him a similar deal as Orlando but he wanted more from the Spurs? Not to mention didn't he want to be promised guaranteed playing time or something like that?

I remember him being released from unrestricted free agency status from our guys due to him requesting it, because the team didn't agree to his roster situation and playing terms. He pretty much pulled a Stephen Jackson. Lmao

Spurs never made an offer and didn't want to keep him. Same with Dedmon. There was some friction in the locker room with them and the old heads

WTF is this about?

Him saying fuck the Spurs on twitter in 2013, way before we turned him into an NBA player

timtonymanu
06-21-2019, 02:22 PM
Lol Simmons. I know we give Forbes a lot of shit but he’s easily been a better player than Simmons turned out to be.

DAF86
06-21-2019, 02:32 PM
WTF is this about?

There's an instagram or twitter video of this scrub celbrating Allen's 3 on '13. The worst part is that it wasn't because he was a Heat's fan, he was just a Spurs' hater.

slick'81
06-21-2019, 02:36 PM
Guys got one foot out the nba door

TimmyBuckets
06-21-2019, 02:45 PM
Wait I thought he wanted to spread his wings and fly like b/c Pop was holding him down? Ungrateful cunt just like his bitch-made buddy.

HarlemHeat37
06-21-2019, 02:51 PM
He was never anything more than a dunker who could defend for a few possessions in isolation, as the metrics always told us..Orlando got much better when they removed him from the rotation, actually, they made an impressive run immediately after(Magic fans were begging for him to be removed from the team)..

Salute to him for getting paid, though..he made more money than he ever should have, everything worked out for his life, all because of an open tryout..

Kawhi getting hurt in game 1 was the best thing to ever happen to him.. he got a nice series of stat-padding against a coasting team that led to a nice contract..crazy how life works..

rjv
06-21-2019, 02:55 PM
his NBA career was a blink of an eye.

bic50
06-21-2019, 03:25 PM
Can he still dunk?

cd021
06-21-2019, 03:34 PM
PATFO not offering him a deal and taking a chance on Gay turned out to be a great move tbh.

superbigtime
06-21-2019, 03:56 PM
that bridge is burnt. I liked the trail-from-behind blocks.

Chomag
06-21-2019, 05:15 PM
He's better then Mills ...there is that

spurraider21
06-21-2019, 05:25 PM
there's no point...

not only has he been something of a trainwreck in recent years, but he'd do nothing but take valuable minutes from lonnie

NickiRasgo
06-21-2019, 06:00 PM
Nah. He's actually bitter when the Spurs didn't give him the contract. Instead of being grateful, he actually made an indirect hate post to the Spurs I believe. Good for him for getting that contract but probably hist last.

KimmyGib
06-21-2019, 06:04 PM
i remember he had like one nice game in the wcf after kawhi went down, where he shot like 7-17 or something, and the hype took off. spurs got swept with him as kawhi's replacement. some nice dunks tho.

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-21-2019, 06:04 PM
Spurs never made an offer and didn't want to keep him. Same with Dedmon. There was some friction in the locker room with them and the old heads

Him saying fuck the Spurs on twitter in 2013, way before we turned him into an NBA player

The Spurs did offer him a deal but he wanted to be released as per the articles below.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-renounce-rights-to-free-agent-guard-11286413.php

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/07/13/report-spurs-allow-jonathan-simmons-to-become-unrestricted-free-agent/

The articles under here have proof of what I said about him wanting more guaranteed and bigger role. Quotes coming from his mouth.

https://airalamo.com/2017/10/27/san-antonio-spurs-jonathon-simmons-left-free-agency/

He thought he was better and worth more than what San Antonio or any team was willing to offer him. He did get a solid deal from Orlando but it wasn't what he wanted the Spurs to pay him.

tim_duncan_fan
06-21-2019, 06:52 PM
Welp.

Somebody bit the hands that fed him in an effort to get more than he could chew

Whom, whomp, whomp!

Spur|n|Austin
06-21-2019, 08:54 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/mg7N5iXLYxVv2/giphy.gif

duncan2k5
06-21-2019, 09:08 PM
Simmons saw that he was clearly of more value tha patty mills and wanted to be treated as such, and u ppl in here are mad at him for feeling like that? Yall would make great slaves... Anyone that goes against Massa is bad, right?

slick'81
06-21-2019, 09:17 PM
Simmons saw that he was clearly of more value tha patty mills and wanted to be treated as such, and u ppl in here are mad at him for feeling like that? Yall would make great slaves... Anyone that goes against Massa is bad, right?

You are beyond retarded

Darkwaters
06-21-2019, 09:33 PM
there's no point...

not only has he been something of a trainwreck in recent years, but he'd do nothing but take valuable minutes from lonnie

Agree. This is a classic progress stopper situation

ElNono
06-21-2019, 09:49 PM
yes, and Ayres too, IMO

Manong Ginobili
06-21-2019, 10:04 PM
He can play in China. Or in the Philippines. :bobo

Spurtacular
06-21-2019, 10:22 PM
He seems unnecessary with Lonnie Walker.

How far do you think Lonnie Walker has advanced?

therealtruth
06-21-2019, 10:37 PM
Weren't him and Dedmon leaving part of the reason Kawhi was unhappy?

slick'81
06-21-2019, 10:39 PM

they were his bff's on the team

paperboy77
06-21-2019, 11:32 PM
Fuck yeah. Cut or see what you can get for Patty, Marco and Forbes. Simmons is more of a SF and did really well under our system. Need some players with some balls out there. Current team is waaaay too soft. A lot of this has to do with (I think) the whole playing defense without fouling point of emphasis thing. Yes fouling is bad but the refs adjust to aggressive teams. (See Raymond G.) We need some misfits on the damn team to stir shit up. Patty, Marco and Bryn have done good things for us but in an ever-changing NBA you cant be stuck on "loyalty". It's a damn business.

duncan2k5
06-22-2019, 12:53 AM
You are beyond retarded

Go away dummy... U can't even formulate a legible counter argument

james evans
06-22-2019, 02:07 AM
. I love the spurs but I absolutely hate their fan base. These are the type of people I avoid in a daily basis and carry guns to protect myself against. This is why no one but washed up players seeking a last big pay day wants to play for us anymore.

Chinook
06-22-2019, 02:22 AM
. I love the spurs but I absolutely hate their fan base. These are the type of people I avoid in a daily basis and carry guns to protect myself against. This is why no one but washed up players seeking a last big pay day wants to play for us anymore.

Yes, I'm sure it's because the fans don't want their team to sign awful players. The guy was straight doodoo for the Spurs. There really isn't any way to argue otherwise.

JeffDuncan
06-22-2019, 02:28 AM

No. Just, no.

buttsR4rebounding
06-22-2019, 03:26 AM

Who did he think he was--Patty Mills?

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2019, 03:46 AM
The Spurs did offer him a deal but he wanted to be released as per the articles below.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-renounce-rights-to-free-agent-guard-11286413.php

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/07/13/report-spurs-allow-jonathan-simmons-to-become-unrestricted-free-agent/

The articles under here have proof of what I said about him wanting more guaranteed and bigger role. Quotes coming from his mouth.

https://airalamo.com/2017/10/27/san-antonio-spurs-jonathon-simmons-left-free-agency/

He thought he was better and worth more than what San Antonio or any team was willing to offer him. He did get a solid deal from Orlando but it wasn't what he wanted the Spurs to pay him.
Lol the usual PATFO fluffers getting their assholes ready with lube because they didn't sign Simms. They tried, just got curved. Kind of like when Pop flew to California twice to beg Kawhi to stay in his plantation and got rejected

buttsR4rebounding
06-22-2019, 03:55 AM
Lol the usual PATFO fluffers getting their assholes ready with lube because they didn't sign Simms. They tried, just got curved. Kind of like when Pop flew to California twice to beg Kawhi to stay in his plantation and got rejected

The expanded definition of slavery: being paid $19 million to sit on your ass and then force your way to another team. Damn, the Spurs should pay him reparations.

r0drig0lac
06-22-2019, 06:03 AM
Fuck yeah. Cut or see what you can get for Patty, Marco and Forbes. Simmons is more of a SF and did really well under our system. Need some players with some balls out there. Current team is waaaay too soft. A lot of this has to do with (I think) the whole playing defense without fouling point of emphasis thing. Yes fouling is bad but the refs adjust to aggressive teams. (See Raymond G.) We need some misfits on the damn team to stir shit up. Patty, Marco and Bryn have done good things for us but in an ever-changing NBA you cant be stuck on "loyalty". It's a damn business.

agree

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-22-2019, 06:22 AM
A lot of folks need to chill with comparing anything like this to slavery because it's very disrespectful to people who were actually enslaved. I do understand the correlation and why people make the comparison but it's still extreme.

Being a celebrity and especially a professional athlete is kinda like being in the military in my opinion. You Volunteer to sign up, you have great chances to get promoted in your field, being a former member can assist you greatly in future employment opportunities, you receive decent pay and benefits, and you constantly get guidance and structure on how to complete the tasks at hand.

The draw backs are a hectic schedule because you're pretty much on call 24/7 and 365 days of the year, you have to wear uniforms to work, drug testing, constantly have to do community service type projects to help promote your employer, and always have to be cognizant of how you carry yourself in public to avoid making your employer look bad.

Of course being a celebrity isn't as strict and way more lucrative than the military but they a similar in my opinion

kxs783kms
06-22-2019, 07:46 AM

I don't blame him. One should always try to take advantage of the moment because you never know how long it will last

baseline bum
06-22-2019, 08:04 AM
He's better than that piece of shit Mills so why not?

No he isn't. :lol

RC_Drunkford
06-22-2019, 09:09 AM

Damn I never saw the report that they offered him 9 million per year. Dude is an idiot to take a lesser deal in Orlando. Back then there were reports that the Spurs never made an offer, I guess those were wrong. Seems PATFO is not as stupid as I thought they were. Then again the Mills and Pau deals still make them look stupid

John B
06-22-2019, 09:33 AM
He’d likely going Lakers now for minimum

SpursDynasty85
06-22-2019, 01:52 PM
Damn I never saw the report that they offered him 9 million per year. Dude is an idiot to take a lesser deal in Orlando. Back then there were reports that the Spurs never made an offer, I guess those were wrong. Seems PATFO is not as stupid as I thought they were. Then again the Mills and Pau deals still make them look stupid

Simmons is still a good story though. He was in the friggin G league one year unknown and netted at 26M contract the next year. Imo, Amazing. It was his decision and a fair one but 20/20 now I'm sure he would like to be a Spur. He is 30 and dealing with injury. If we can get him under 2.5M yr for a defender off the bench, no brainer. But it has to be a mutual decision, could be burned bridges, hope not.
r for sure.

toki9
06-22-2019, 02:16 PM
It was actually 3-year, $20 million, with only $13.3 guaranteed...so if he gets waived, that'd be it for the original contract.

Othyus Lalanne
06-22-2019, 02:53 PM
Ding ding ding

Source?

RC_Drunkford
06-22-2019, 03:05 PM
Simmons is still a good story though. He was in the friggin G league one year unknown and netted at 26M contract the next year. Imo, Amazing. It was his decision and a fair one but 20/20 now I'm sure he would like to be a Spur. He is 30 and dealing with injury. If we can get him under 2.5M yr for a defender off the bench, no brainer. But it has to be a mutual decision, could be burned bridges, hope not.
r for sure.

nah I wouldn't bring him back. Too old at this point and the injury really killed his value. We got too many young guys at his position now. He was a nice player to have before that and played tough. I always loved the guy cause he just played hard. You could see he was an NBA player in his first summer league. The athleticism and defense alone showed that he belongs. He just had to carve out a role for himself and get more consistency on his jump shot.

therealtruth
06-22-2019, 03:07 PM
Another one of those role players that lose their powers when they leave the Spurs.

Kurgan
06-22-2019, 04:21 PM
Anyone remember this tweet after the Kawhi trade happened?

Not too bright to burn your bridges with the team that made you, especially when you're just a fringe player in this league. Spurs won't be answering his calls anytime soon.

TD 21
06-22-2019, 05:28 PM
r for sure.

Why? This team is already overloaded from 1-3, he's worse than all of them (with the possible exception of Johnson) and like Murray, White, Walker and now Johnson, he's physically incapable of defending big wings. That's the need. They already have them to provide average or better defense from 1-3.

The need is a big wing who's a legit 3-point shooter. I keep saying names like Kidd-Gilchrist, Young, Crowder, Aminu, Hollis-Jefferson, etc. thrown around, but they're all minimal to non 3-point shooters. Put them alongside the starters (because the players they need them to defend are James, Durant, Scumbag, Antetokounmpo, etc.) and the offense would suffocate.

SpursDynasty85
06-22-2019, 05:44 PM
Why? This team is already overloaded from 1-3, he's worse than all of them (with the possible exception of Johnson) and like Murray, White, Walker and now Johnson, he's physically incapable of defending big wings. That's the need. They already have them to provide average or better defense from 1-3.

The need is a big wing who's a legit 3-point shooter. I keep saying names like Kidd-Gilchrist, Young, Crowder, Aminu, Hollis-Jefferson, etc. thrown around, but they're all minimal to non 3-point shooters. Put them alongside the starters (because the players they need them to defend are James, Durant, Scumbag, Antetokounmpo, etc.) and the offense would suffocate.

This team is not overloaded with 3. The most 3 we have on this team is now Johnson. It was DeRozan and Gay but Gay is now a 4
We need a back up DD until Walker IV or Keldon gets up to speed. I think Walker starts off in Gleague and has to compete his way on but he is still one year away imo. Who else can fill the back up 3 while learning the Spurs sytem for within a year? I really think for a one year rental Simmons is better than those names you mentioned. We have our future 3s but we need the a vet who will contribute right away. Simmons would be seamless. Too bad most players will know this now and may not sign because SAS only looking for 1 year deals probably.

TD 21
06-22-2019, 05:50 PM
This team is not overloaded with 3. The most 3 we have on this team is now Johnson. It was DeRozan and Gay but Gay is now a 4
We need a back up DD until Walker IV or Keldon gets up to speed. I think Walker starts off in Gleague and has to compete his way on but he is still one year away imo. Who else can fill the back up 3 while learning the Spurs sytem for within a year? I really think for a one year rental Simmons is better than those names you mentioned. We have our future 3s but we need the a vet who will contribute right away. Simmons would be seamless. Too bad most players will know this now and may not sign because SAS only looking for 1 year deals probably.

:lmao What are you talking about? There's no difference in the types of players Simmons, Murray, White, Walker and Johnson can defend.

So having Walker, their most promising prospect in 7 years, on a team that needs all the upside it can get, currently being probably one spot away or in a battle (Belinelli) for rotation minutes, in his 2nd season, isn't enough? They need to bury him with an aging, fringe player, who hates the organization and is an ungrateful puke?

Simmons can't shoot or defend big wings. He's literally the worst possible fit.

Steve-O-Matic
06-22-2019, 05:51 PM
Would you guys want him back on the Spurs?

No. This team needs veteran needle-movers, and/or young building blocks. Simmons is neither.

dabom6
06-22-2019, 06:44 PM
:lmao What are you talking about? There's no difference in the types of players Simmons, Murray, White, Walker and Johnson can defend.

So having Walker, their most promising prospect in 7 years, on a team that needs all the upside it can get, currently being probably one spot away or in a battle (Belinelli) for rotation minutes, in his 2nd season, isn't enough? They need to bury him with an aging, fringe player, who hates the organization and is an ungrateful puke?

People need to stop thinking derozan can play the 3. Dude is a midget at that position.:lol

tonight...you
06-22-2019, 06:47 PM
People need to stop thinking derozan can play the 3. Dude is a midget at that position.:lol
While this is true... It's a reality. Pop is going to play him at the 3.
And probably for more than spot minutes.

I'm not endorsing it, mind you... but it's coming to your local movie theater. I hope the popcorn's good there.

dabom6
06-22-2019, 07:08 PM
While this is true... It's a reality. Pop is going to play him at the 3.
And probably for more than spot minutes.

I'm not endorsing it, mind you... but it's coming to your local movie theater. I hope the popcorn's good there.

Sad reality. :lol

tonight...you
06-22-2019, 07:11 PM
Sad reality. :lol
Mmm... Going to have to order a drink with that popcorn.

gambit1990
06-22-2019, 07:19 PM
he would've been a better player had he stayed in sa. didn't follow his career at all after he left but i assume the teams he went on to play for expected more of finished product.

tonight...you
06-22-2019, 07:26 PM
he would've been a better player had he stayed in sa. didn't follow his career at all after he left but i assume the teams he went on to play for expected more of finished product.
You don't follow the draft, you don't follow players that left, do you follow anything beyond the Spurs? ... And yet you make all sorts of definitive statements.

This sounds fun!

gambit1990
06-22-2019, 07:30 PM
:lol

gambit1990
06-22-2019, 08:03 PM
You don't follow the draft, you don't follow players that left, do you follow anything beyond the Spurs? ... And yet you make all sorts of definitive statements.

This sounds fun!
1) only into nba, not college or euro ball
2) never thought simmons was gonna amount to much / no need to follow him
3) this past season was actually the first season i paid more attention to the league than the spurs
4) my posts are money tbh, had:
raps winning it all
lowry not folding in the POs
siakam winning MIP
houston winning it all 17/18 (would've happened if cp3 didn't get hurt)
westbrook winning MVP 16/17

all these predictions were made before the seasons even started

didn't think kawhi would come back to play the season he played nine games, thought the spurs should've blown it up that year. also had the spurs beating the rockets after tony got hurt, wanted the spurs to draft montrezl harrell... i would put my record up against anyone on this site

SpursDynasty85
06-22-2019, 08:04 PM

Well. He could shoot pre injury and usually it takes a year before they can even feel right let alone play right post injury. Walker IV and Johnson are not ready yet. White and Murray could very well be playing the 1 and backing each other up leaving Forbes, DeRozan, Belli, and Mills left to fill the 2 and the 3 maybe or Bertans and Gay. So, YES, there are plenty of players Simmons can defend over the rest of these guys. That along anothe strecth 4 unless samanic is ready alrrady too.

tonight...you
06-22-2019, 08:09 PM
1) only into nba, not college or euro ball
2) never thought simmons was gonna amount to much / no need to follow him
3) this past season was actually the first season i paid more attention to the league than the spurs
4) my posts are money tbh, had:
raps winning it all
lowry not folding in the POs
siakam winning MIP
houston winning it all 17/18 (would've happened if cp3 didn't get hurt)
westbrook winning MVP 16/17

all these predictions were made before the seasons even started

didn't think kawhi would come back to play the season he played nine games, thought the spurs should've blown it up that year. also had the spurs beating the rockets after tony got hurt, wanted the spurs to draft montrezl harrell... i would put my record up against anyone on this site
Fun!

dabom6
06-22-2019, 08:12 PM
Well. He could shoot pre injury and usually it takes a year before they can even feel right let alone play right post injury. Walker IV and Johnson are not ready yet. White and Murray could very well be playing the 1 and backing each other up leaving Forbes, DeRozan, Belli, and Mills left to fill the 2 and the 3 maybe or Bertans and Gay. So, YES, there are plenty of players Simmons can defend over the rest of these guys. That along anothe strecth 4 unless samanic is ready alrrady too.

Bertans and gay play the 4 dummy.:lol

SpursDynasty85
06-22-2019, 08:17 PM
Bertans and gay play the 4 dummy.:lol

Lol. Thay was the point I was making. I guess you didnt read the posts carefully.

dabom6
06-22-2019, 08:23 PM
Lol. Thay was the point I was making. I guess you didnt read the posts carefully.

You mention the guards to fill up the 2 and 3 and name drop bertans and gay. Those guys are strictly 4s. :lmao faggot.

exstatic
06-22-2019, 09:04 PM
r for sure.

Simmons, along with Dedmon, were the ones who poisoned Kawhi against the Spurs. You have as much chance of being a Spur as they do of returning.

DMC
06-22-2019, 09:21 PM
JS is a classic "gets mines" person who seems to think he's done more to get there than anyone else so he should be revered as an oracle of hard work and sacrifice. In reality he should be thankful he got into the NBA and fooled enough people. You take most mid to upper level G leaguers and put them on a team that moves the ball where said G leaguer isn't ever covered by anyone and said G leaguer should do well. That doesn't mean they are NBA material. When all the talent stacks on few big market teams, people like JSims is what you get.

EricB
06-22-2019, 09:55 PM
Simmons, along with Dedmon, were the ones who poisoned Kawhi against the Spurs. You have as much chance of being a Spur as they do of returning.

Yup. Thought they’d ride his coattails to money and whatever else. There’s a reason Dedmon and Simmons outside of their play are considered untouchable by other teams

EricB
06-22-2019, 09:56 PM
Source?

You don’t understand how sources work do ya precious.

SpursDynasty85
06-22-2019, 11:07 PM
You mention the guards to fill up the 2 and 3 and name drop bertans and gay. Those guys are strictly 4s. :lmao faggot.

You must be a burner account troll. Bye.

SpursDynasty85
06-22-2019, 11:08 PM

Lol. So Spurs sent Simmons packing? I dont think that's accurate.

Othyus Lalanne
06-23-2019, 04:32 AM
You don’t understand how sources work do ya precious.

Sports news is like Soviet newspapers...

But still it helps if it was written down somewhere.

I undestand shit just fine, i predicted the last Lakers season correctly with only Tim Bontemps backing me up in MSM.

TD 21
06-23-2019, 04:09 PM

Simmons never could shoot, it's impossible to know at this point if Walker will be ready next season and whether they're playing the 1 or not, again, there's no player Simmons can guard that White and Murray can't (given the poor roster construction, we'll often see them, particularly the former, defend the best opposing perimeter player no matter the position).

EricB
06-24-2019, 01:48 AM
Sports news is like Soviet newspapers...

But still it helps if it was written down somewhere.

I undestand shit just fine, i predicted the last Lakers season correctly with only Tim Bontemps backing me up in MSM.

whoopty doo for you

Othyus Lalanne
06-24-2019, 02:21 AM
whoopty doo for you

Whoopty doo, drink my truthy yoo.

slick'81
06-24-2019, 02:23 AM
Whoopty doo, drink my truthy yoo.

:lmao

HarlemHeat37
06-26-2019, 03:12 PM
So many posters here thought this man could be a starter on a contender:lol

Not only was he a bench-warmer on a shallow Philly team, but a fringe playoff Orlando team removed him from its roster and made the playoffs:lol (and unlike Tony Parker, he wasn't on the verge of retirement)..

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-26-2019, 03:20 PM
I can't read BillMc's posts...my eyes can't focus after seeing the signature pics.

BillMc get's the award for signature of the century.

BillMc
06-26-2019, 04:37 PM
BillMc get's the award for signature of the century.
:bobo Thank you my brother!

NASpurs
07-07-2019, 12:06 AM

GAustex
07-07-2019, 12:08 AM
Loved his go for it
Such a good story
Then it all wafted away

ZeusWillJudge
07-07-2019, 12:13 AM
Loved his go for it
Such a good story
Then it all wafted away

I wanted to see him get paid. He got a $20M contract, which should mean he's set for life if he managed it properly. He probably didn't.

MoSpur02
07-07-2019, 09:17 AM
He should go play overseas and get paid.

loveforthegame
07-07-2019, 09:38 AM
Wonder if he ends with the Clippers with his buddy Leonard?

toki9
07-07-2019, 10:13 AM
I wanted to see him get paid. He got a $20M contract, which should mean he's set for life if he managed it properly. He probably didn't.

Unfortunatley, only $1M of that contract was guaranteed in the final year...so it turned out to be $13M or so for him...

lmbebo
07-07-2019, 10:16 AM
$13M still a lot of money, more than many of us will make in our life time. But still, prob lost it all.

toki9
07-07-2019, 10:25 AM
$13M still a lot of money, more than many of us will make in our life time. But still, prob lost it all.

Yep. It certainly is. I'm not sure if my memory is right on this (someone correct me), but I think he was looking for a contract in the $15M to $20M per year range at the time--so a mid-$50M contract...and the Spurs were willing to pay about $9M per year (rumors, though)...

SAGirl
07-07-2019, 10:34 AM
Yep. It certainly is. I'm not sure if my memory is right on this (someone correct me), but I think he was looking for a contract in the $15M to $20M per year range at the time--so a mid-$50M contract...and the Spurs were willing to pay about $9M per year (rumors, though)...
Something like that. Spurs also were willing to pay him the same he got in Orlando, but he wanted to move on (kind of the same situation that Tony faced in terms of the Spurs willing to pay him the same deal he got from Charlotte but he wanted to move on.).

RC_Drunkford
07-07-2019, 04:35 PM
will the Lakers sign him?

John B
07-07-2019, 04:41 PM
Something like that. Spurs also were willing to pay him the same he got in Orlando, but he wanted to move on (kind of the same situation that Tony faced in terms of the Spurs willing to pay him the same deal he got from Charlotte but he wanted to move on.).
He’s not moving on now. Spurs team system hides individual weaknesses while focuses on strengths. They don’t play out of character