PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs roster is essentially full

tbdog
06-22-2019, 12:48 PM
Just because I just saw a Trevor Ariza thread pop up, I should remind everyone that the Spurs roster is essentially full. The roster rules is thirteen active players, two inactive players, and two 2-way players who can only be active for 45 regular season days.

Spurs currently have 11 players under contract

Demar Derozan
LaMarcus Aldridge
Patty Mills
Davis Bertans
Marco Belinelli
Bryn Forbes
Jakob Poeltl
Lonnie Walker
Derrick White
Dejounte Murray
Chimezie Metu

A further two 1st round picks to sign. Both appear almost definitely will be signed up this season and will not be a stash abroad situation
Luka Samanic
Keldon Johnson

This makes a total of 13 players that will be on the books entering the free agency period.

Spurs also hold the rights of their second-round pick, Quinndary Weatherspoon.
Weatherspoon will need to have fine Summar League and training camp to be signed. Apparently 69% of 'college players' get a guaranteed contract. Since 2010, Spurs have selected, Ryan Richards, Adam Hanga, Marcus Denmon, Deshuan Thomas, Jordan McRae, Cady Lalanne, Jaron Blossomgame, and Chimezie Metu. Although I believe Deshuan Thomas technically signed for the Spurs, he was waived in the pre season. Metu has been the only Spurs player they has signed a guaranteed contract for the Spurs drafted in the second round since 2010.

Spurs currently have two players on a 2-way contract.
Ben Moore
Drew Eubanks
I am unsure if these two are likely to keep their contract. But we have to assume for the time being they are entering summer league under the 2-way contract.

Spurs also have been linked to resign Rudy Gay. Technically Dante Cunningham, Quincy Pondexter, and Donatas Motiejunas are also Spurs free agents, but we have to assume and rest assured, they will not be re-signing with the Spurs. Assuming Rudy Gay gets signed, this gives the Spurs 14 players under contract.

The Spurs also have the full MLE. Considering the Spurs are well under the luxury tax threshold, the Spurs are able to use their full MLE of 9.2 million. Again, we have to assume the Spurs will use this MLE to sign another player.

This gives the Spurs a total of 15 roster spots taken. This does not include Quinndary Weatherspoon. Like many teams, the Spurs are known for going into camp with less than 15 signed, with three or more players fighting out for the last roster spot. That's where Quinndary Weatherspoon, Ben Moore Drew Eubanks, and insert D League name here, will be fighting for. Looking at these numbers, it's apparent the Spurs will be looking to trade a two for one type of deal.

In summary, I would love not to see Trevor Ariza type of threads on this forum. Or the classic line 'sure, for the minimum I would love to have him.'

The Spurs roster is simply too full for this type of nonsense.

Joseph Kony
06-22-2019, 12:55 PM
Ok? Some of these players can easily be traded to free up room.

timvp
06-22-2019, 12:56 PM
we have to assume the Spurs will use this MLE to sign another player.

In summary, I would love not to see Trevor Ariza type of threads on this forum.

? Ariza is going to get some sort of MLE contract.

I wouldn't cement Metu's roster spot. Salary dumping someone like Belinelli could also be a possibility if LW4 proves during summer league that he's ready for minutes.

Fusternino
06-22-2019, 01:03 PM
I think you have to assume Forbes, Marco, Metu and Bertans are all on the trading block.

Dverde
06-22-2019, 01:04 PM
Can they cut Metu and offer him a d-league deal? He has no business being on the active roster.

Fusternino
06-22-2019, 01:06 PM
Pretty sure they'd lose his rights so it'd need to be pre-negotiated.

Degoat
06-22-2019, 01:15 PM
What players will realistically take the 9.2 million (MLE)?? I’d love Marcus Morris or maybe Aminu but I don’t see them coming here. I don’t really see Thaddeus Young fitting here either

duncan2150
06-22-2019, 01:20 PM
My guess is metu will be cut if does not succeed in summer league. But one of Bertans or beli have to go, especially if we sign a SF.

tbdog
06-22-2019, 01:21 PM
? Ariza is going to get some sort of MLE contract.

I wouldn't cement Metu's roster spot. Salary dumping someone like Belinelli could also be a possibility if LW4 proves during summer league that he's ready for minutes.

I would vomit if we spend the MLE on Ariza.

cjw
06-22-2019, 01:21 PM
Can they cut Metu and offer him a d-league deal? He has no business being on the active roster.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-antonio-spurs/chimezie-metu-27015/

I think he has guaranteed money this year but not a big deal if they waive him because not using that cap room anyway. Next year is not guaranteed.

Probably need to move logjam at guard before cutting him. Also, a third center makes more sense assuming Metu can’t competently play in a pinch (or just use a two-way guy).

Weatherspoon is likely to be a two-way guy.

J_Paco
06-22-2019, 01:23 PM
What players will realistically take the 9.2 million (MLE)?? I’d love Marcus Morris or maybe Aminu but I don’t see them coming here. I don’t really see Thaddeus Young fitting here either

A mid-tier combo forward could be signed especially with the teams with more cap space focusing on Irving, Durant and Nephew.

Timvp mentioned Rondae Hollis-Jefferson as a possibility if he can stay healthy, and Brooklyn doesn't match, that would be a great signing.

Young guy with some possible upside left, defensive - minded, athletic and can defend multiple positions.

duncan2150
06-22-2019, 01:27 PM
I will love to have Rondar Hollis Jefferson, him , DeMar and gay at the 3/4 will be very good.

J_Paco
06-22-2019, 01:30 PM
I will love to have Rondar Hollis Jefferson, him , DeMar and gay at the 3/4 will be very good.

Only issue, he's absolutely terrible from three-point range (22% career 3 pt. shooter) and might be a bad fit beside DeMar....

Ocotillo
06-22-2019, 01:36 PM
While Hanga will not be brought over, you make no mention of Milutinov. Likely, if he comes, this would be the year, otherwise he ends up like Hanga, a Euro-lifer.

duncan2150
06-22-2019, 01:41 PM
Only issue, he's absolutely terrible from three-point range (22% career 3 pt. shooter) and might be a bad fit beside DeMar....

Gay can shoot the 3 without problem, I agree for the others. And then you have Forbes and hope white will shoot it like in ncaa. Beli or Bertans could still be there also for some minutes and 3’s.

bluebellmaniac
06-22-2019, 01:42 PM
Spending some of the MLE on Nikola would be good.

tbdog
06-22-2019, 01:48 PM
While Hanga will not be brought over, you make no mention of Milutinov. Likely, if he comes, this would be the year, otherwise he ends up like Hanga, a Euro-lifer.

I mentioned Hanga as a second round pick that was never signed. Who knows with Milutinov. Usually by now we have heard whispers if a stash is preparing to sign. We haven't heard squat.

RC_Drunkford
06-22-2019, 01:52 PM
let's hope the Spurs make a trade for somebody over 6'5'' who can shoot the 3 and play defense. Or for some type of future 2nd round pick to salary dump some of the dead weight so we can sign a real SF in free agency

Ocotillo
06-22-2019, 01:58 PM
I mentioned Hanga as a second round pick that was never signed. Who knows with Milutinov. Usually by now we have heard whispers if a stash is preparing to sign. We haven't heard squat. Yes, I realize that is what you said, I mention him specifically because of previous discussions about we need to bring him over since we need depth at SF and he is defense minded. That ship has sailed is all I am saying before others start throwing his name around as a roster addition for SF this off season.

The only talk about Milutinov I have heard is people on this board speculating. I am just saying, if he does not come this year, he too probably won't ever come. I would hope he has some value as a trade asset if nothing else.

SpursDynasty85
06-22-2019, 02:39 PM
let's hope the Spurs make a trade for somebody over 6'5'' who can shoot the 3 and play defense. Or for some type of future 2nd round pick to salary dump some of the dead weight so we can sign a real SF in free agency

Keldon Johnson is a 3 and D player. Played for a top program with multiple talented players with some success. I think his type should translate pretty quickly but at 19 years old, it does seem like a stretch. I'd be fine with James Ennis. He played pretty well for the Rockets, is a threat from 3 with size.

Poolboy5623
06-22-2019, 02:43 PM
9 seed?

SpurPadre
06-22-2019, 02:52 PM

Also, getting an RJ didn't work out too well for us last time, tbh.

pad300
06-22-2019, 03:03 PM
Just because I just saw a Trevor Ariza thread pop up, I should remind everyone that the Spurs roster is essentially full. The roster rules is thirteen active players, two inactive players, and two 2-way players who can only be active for 45 regular season days.

Spurs currently have 11 players under contract

Demar Derozan
LaMarcus Aldridge
Patty Mills
Davis Bertans
Marco Belinelli
Bryn Forbes
Jakob Poeltl
Lonnie Walker
Derrick White
Dejounte Murray
Chimezie Metu

A further two 1st round picks to sign. Both appear almost definitely will be signed up this season and will not be a stash abroad situation
Luka Samanic
Keldon Johnson

This makes a total of 13 players that will be on the books entering the free agency period.

Spurs also hold the rights of their second-round pick, Quinndary Weatherspoon.
Weatherspoon will need to have fine Summar League and training camp to be signed. Apparently 69% of 'college players' get a guaranteed contract. Since 2010, Spurs have selected, Ryan Richards, Adam Hanga, Marcus Denmon, Deshuan Thomas, Jordan McRae, Cady Lalanne, Jaron Blossomgame, and Chimezie Metu. Although I believe Deshuan Thomas technically signed for the Spurs, he was waived in the pre season. Metu has been the only Spurs player they has signed a guaranteed contract for the Spurs drafted in the second round since 2010.

Spurs currently have two players on a 2-way contract.
Ben Moore
Drew Eubanks
I am unsure if these two are likely to keep their contract. But we have to assume for the time being they are entering summer league under the 2-way contract.

Spurs also have been linked to resign Rudy Gay. Technically Dante Cunningham, Quincy Pondexter, and Donatas Motiejunas are also Spurs free agents, but we have to assume and rest assured, they will not be re-signing with the Spurs. Assuming Rudy Gay gets signed, this gives the Spurs 14 players under contract.

The Spurs also have the full MLE. Considering the Spurs are well under the luxury tax threshold, the Spurs are able to use their full MLE of 9.2 million. Again, we have to assume the Spurs will use this MLE to sign another player.

This gives the Spurs a total of 15 roster spots taken. This does not include Quinndary Weatherspoon. Like many teams, the Spurs are known for going into camp with less than 15 signed, with three or more players fighting out for the last roster spot. That's where Quinndary Weatherspoon, Ben Moore Drew Eubanks, and insert D League name here, will be fighting for. Looking at these numbers, it's apparent the Spurs will be looking to trade a two for one type of deal.

In summary, I would love not to see Trevor Ariza type of threads on this forum. Or the classic line 'sure, for the minimum I would love to have him.'

The Spurs roster is simply too full for this type of nonsense.

One other thing to note is the distribution of players in terms of position:

Smalls (4)
Combo Guards - White, Murray
undersized SG's - Mills, Forbes, (Weatherspoon - assume a 2 way)
Wings (8)
2/3 - Derozan, Walker, Belinelli
SF - Keldon? (is he a 3 or a 2/3?), (Ben Moore - I am guessing we keep him rather than Eubanks as a 2 -way)
Perimeter PF (3/4 tweener) : Gay, Bertans, Samanic, Metu
Bigs (2)
PF - Aldridge
C - Poetl

I cannot see us going into the season without adding at least 1 more big man... We will not go into the season with only 2 real bigs. Include this factor in whatever offseason projections you care to make...

tbdog
06-22-2019, 03:14 PM
Yes, the makeup of the team is guard heavy. I'd imagine the spurs are targeting a shooting SF. I still think the Spurs are trading two of beli, mills, Forbes. Then sign a token big. A trade is a must.

Dejounte
06-22-2019, 03:17 PM

Smalls (4)
Wings (8)
SF - Keldon? (is he a 3 or a 2/3?), (Ben Moore - I am guessing we keep him rather than Eubanks as a 2 -way)
Bigs (2)
PF - Aldridge
C - Poetl

I cannot see us going into the season without adding at least 1 more big man... We will not go into the season with only 2 real bigs. Include this factor in whatever offseason projections you care to make...

I think we keep Eubanks over Moore to answer your last paragraph. We played Eubanks more than Moore last year.

Pavlov
06-22-2019, 03:21 PM

Smalls (4)
Wings (8)
Bigs (2)
PF - Aldridge
C - Poetl

I cannot see us going into the season without adding at least 1 more big man... We will not go into the season with only 2 real bigs. Include this factor in whatever offseason projections you care to make...Eh, Samanic is already pushing 230 before an NBA trainer has gotten a hold of him. If Eubanks is retained he's also there to fill in when needed.

Pavlov
06-22-2019, 03:29 PM
After being mildly surprised the Spurs kept both first rounders, I think it's entirely possible they re-sign Rudy, make decisions on their two-ways and call it a summer. They're adding Murray, Samanic and probably Walker to the rotation, with all the change that implies. Maybe they just want to see how that works before doing anything major.

tbdog
06-22-2019, 03:39 PM
I think we keep Eubanks over Moore to answer your last paragraph. We played Eubanks more than Moore last year.

After being mildly surprised the Spurs kept both first rounders, I think it's entirely possible they re-sign Rudy, make decisions on their two-ways and call it a summer. They're adding Murray, Samanic and probably Walker to the rotation, with all the change that implies. Maybe they just want to see how that works before doing anything major.

I can't imagine the spurs passing up on the MLE. There is no need to maximize cap space next offseason. There is no max free agent that I would let a MLE this offseason go for.

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-22-2019, 03:41 PM
It is going to be interesting to see what they do with the roster. I think Eubanks might get an active roster spot this season if he plays well in summer league. He played good in spot minutes last season and seems to be working hard on his shooting.

Degoat
06-22-2019, 03:41 PM

why would they not use the MLE?? I think they’ll overpay someone with the MLE quick when free agency starts and then call it a day lol

Pavlov
06-22-2019, 03:47 PM
I can't imagine the spurs passing up on the MLE.You're probably right, but "To play what whose minutes?" would be the question I have. Guess it depends on what roster holes they see. They don't have to spend the whole thing.

Degoat
06-22-2019, 04:16 PM
I have a feeling Taj Gibson will be are target as a third big with the MLE... I would love a wing like Demarre carrol but I feel like the spurs will just count on DeMar, Rudy, and Lonnie eating up SF minutes

cd021
06-22-2019, 04:58 PM

I doubt that Samanic and and Walker are actually rotation players next season, Maybe Walker but likely not Luka.

FkLA
06-22-2019, 05:15 PM
Belli and Forbes have to go. I'd rather keep Forbes over Wombat but with his $50 million contract+him being coach's pet I'm not going to pretend like that's even a remote possibility. I want to keep Bertans, although he might be gone after next season anyway so if he needs to be included to make a deal happen I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

PG/SGs: White, IB, Wombat
SG/SFs: DD, Walker, KJ
SFs/PFs: Gay, Samanic
Bigs: LMA, Poetl, Bert

Sign another SF/PF hybrid with the MLE (Ariza, Aminu, Morris, etc) and that's a pretty deep 12, imo. Metu and Eubanks can keep their roles as towel wavers, I like their enthusiasm. Can go toe to toe with anyone in the West unless another superteam forms out in LA, imho.

:flag:

Pavlov
06-22-2019, 05:24 PM
I doubt that Samanic and and Walker are actually rotation players next season, Maybe Walker but likely not Luka.
OK, forgot about Milutinov. Pencil him in for that last slot until we hear he's not coming over.

TD 21
06-22-2019, 05:43 PM
:lmao So what? As if there's no possible way to create roster space. Third big/C is a definite need that will be filled (logic indicates the time is right for Milutinov, but we'll see).

You'd think big wing would be priority #1, but these are the geniuses that just passed on Little. Morris is the only theoretically attainable option who's both a good enough shooter and physically able enough defender to both play with the starters and defend the likes of James, Durant, Scumbag, Antetokounmpo, etc . . . but they'd never sign a Morris brother and I highly doubt a Morris brother would ever sign here.

I wouldn't put it past them not address it at all, but it's probably more likely than not that they sign some scrap heap type (Stanley Johnson, Deng, Lance Thomas, etc.) They'd take Metu's roster spot if Bertans and/or Belinelli/Forbes isn't traded.

I wouldn't do it because Crowder isn't a good enough shooter, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Bertans for Crowder.

cd021
06-22-2019, 05:53 PM
I can't imagine the spurs passing up on the MLE. There is no need to maximize cap space next offseason. There is no max free agent that I would let a MLE this offseason go for.

Adding a player for the MLE- say Carroll would drastically alter the rotation. If Poeltl doesn't start then that opens up some playing time at the forward.

Murray, White, DDR, Carroll, LMA
Mills, Forbes, Bertans/Beli/ Walker, Gay, Poeltl

Poeltl would probably only play about 16-18 minutes, which would suppress his value when he hits RFA and may not make him happy. Bertans, Beli, and Walker would compete for the backup 3 minutes.

That is a better rotation, Carroll is probably an average defender at this point. I am worried about this team's spacing but him playing off ball with the starters is a better fit in the SL due to his shooting (Career 36% 3PT)

Pavlov
06-22-2019, 05:59 PM
:lmao So what? As if there's no possible way to create roster space. Third big/C is a definite need that will be filled (logic indicates the time is right for Milutinov, but we'll see).

You'd think big wing would be priority #1, but these are the geniuses that just passed on Little.You consider Little a big wing?

benefactor
06-22-2019, 06:03 PM
You consider Little a big wing?
Don't bother, he's smarter than you...just ask him

Dejounte
06-22-2019, 06:05 PM

Lmao this dude has terrible takes. Im sick of the people who were fans of Little. That dude will be out of the league in 4 years. So much ado about nothing. Reminds me of the Rodney Carney fans back in the day

tonight...you
06-22-2019, 06:10 PM
After a couple of rails he's King Kong.
Denzel ain't got nothing on him!

mo7888
06-22-2019, 06:11 PM
We need to trade Mills (yeah I know.. I know), in the absence of that trade forbes. Then try and move belli or bertans. Sign Willie Reed for the 3rd center spot (pop can even say some bs about our culture rehabbing him at the end of the season and feel good about it). Resign Gay for two years and use the MLE on Morris if possible and if not, get Mirotic or Carroll.

tonight...you
06-22-2019, 06:12 PM
I don't know exactly why, but your avi makes me miss the Hula Hut.
Haven't been back to Austin in... 10 years? Maybe 9.

BatManu20
06-22-2019, 06:21 PM

Agree tbh. I’m pretty low on Metu. Don’t think he’ll ever amount to anything, but even if he does, that roster spot should go to someone who can contribute this season.

TD 21
06-22-2019, 06:58 PM

Absolutely and so will the league. He's 6'6'' 224, with a 7'1.25'' wingspan. He's "SF" sized, but his skillset is more so small ball "PF".

This is a league where comparable players like Kidd-Gilchrist, Hollis-Jefferson and Stanley Johnson, now mostly play small ball "PF". The first 2 even moonlighted as small ball "C's" at times.

:lmao At me giving my opinion on a message board offending you so greatly . . . I guess I should just come here to bitch and moan about people doing so.

Pavlov
06-22-2019, 07:01 PM
]Absolutely and so will the league. He's 6'6'' 224, with a 7'1.25'' wingspan. He's "SF" sized, but his skillset is more so small ball "PF".[/FONT][/COLOR]So a guy with a half inch less standing reach can't be a big wing at all?

Mugen
06-22-2019, 07:18 PM
The roster distribution was terrible heading into last season (even if you factor in Dejounte going down) and I wouldn't be surprised if the dummies take another season to figure it out.

A few good wings have already been traded (Prince, Crowder) and there should be several that won't break the bank come July 1st (Miller, Aminu, RHJ) plus other trade targets......

But I'd honestly be very surprised if they filled that gigantic wing hole until late July/August when they realize how stupid they are and sign a QPon/Dante type (hell, they might just bring those 2 back).....

TD 21
06-22-2019, 07:29 PM
So a guy with a half inch less standing reach can't be a big wing at all?

I know what game you're playing, so I'll skip ahead and save us both the time: No, Johnson will be an "SG/SF" in the league. He'd get run over by the types of players I mentioned.

Pavlov
06-22-2019, 07:31 PM
I know what game you're playing, so I'll skip ahead and save us both the time: No, Johnson will be an "SG/SF" in the league. He'd get run over by the types of players I mentioned.But Little won't, because of that half inch of standing reach?

slick'81
06-22-2019, 07:32 PM
But Little won't, because of that half inch of standing reach?

:lmao

tonight...you
06-22-2019, 07:33 PM
But Little won't, because of that half inch of standing height?
Little needs crank to do the damn deed.
That only lasts so long. He should have been a musician. Or actor.

TD 21
06-22-2019, 07:37 PM

Just wait and see, apologist . . . as usual, I'll be proven right in due time.

Pavlov
06-22-2019, 07:41 PM
Just wait and see, apologist . . . as usual, I'll be proven right in due time.You didn't answer the question.

Marcus Bryant
06-22-2019, 08:16 PM
Read or scroll tbh.

Dejounte
06-22-2019, 08:18 PM
Just wait and see, apologist . . . as usual, I'll be proven right in due time.

You must be a real delight to be around in person.

Pavlov
06-22-2019, 09:05 PM
You must be a real delight to be around in person.:lol who knows what he's ever been right about.

james evans
06-22-2019, 10:45 PM
Ok? Some of these players can easily be traded to free up room.
who the fuck wants anything we got? :lmao

phxspurfan
06-23-2019, 01:00 AM

Smalls (4)
Wings (8)
Bigs (2)
PF - Aldridge
C - Poetl

We’re keeping Eubanks my dude. This Ben Moore whoever he is is out

phxspurfan
06-23-2019, 01:02 AM
who the fuck wants anything we got? :lmao

Some team would take Bert with what he showed last year, his youth and his size. Dallas Indy Boston Utah Denver etc a team who likes foreigners/whites.

Also Belinelli being a shooter will likely have interest from some teams. Milwaukee for instance

Killakobe81
06-23-2019, 06:48 AM
Absolutely and so will the league. He's 6'6'' 224, with a 7'1.25'' wingspan. He's "SF" sized, but his skillset is more so small ball "PF".

This is a league where comparable players like Kidd-Gilchrist, Hollis-Jefferson and Stanley Johnson, now mostly play small ball "PF". The first 2 even moonlighted as small ball "C's" at times.

:lmao At me giving my opinion on a message board offending you so greatly . . . I guess I should just come here to bitch and moan about people doing so.

I think the things little struggled with: consistent deep shooting and hoops IQ are two areas Spurs could help him improve on... Also his lateral quickness on defense was not impressive to me... But he could rebound and block shots for his size as a springy athlete he has defensive upside more so as Team defender than a lock down one imho.
If Spurs can't unlock his potential... Who else could?!

bluebellmaniac
06-23-2019, 07:50 AM
I think the things little struggled with: consistent deep shooting and hoops IQ are two areas Spurs could help him improve on... Also his lateral quickness on defense was not impressive to me... But he could rebound and block shots for his size as a springy athlete he has defensive upside more so as Team defender than a lock down one imho.
If Spurs can't unlock his potential... Who else could?!

I think the things little struggled with : cocaine.

FireMicoHalili
06-23-2019, 09:40 AM
I’ve a feeling either Forbes or Bertans will be dealt

pad300
06-23-2019, 09:53 AM
To assorted people saying they're sure we keep Eubanks. The FO had a choice to make last year, just before the playoffs: We needed a 3ed big for minute eating in blowouts - we knew if he was getting real minutes in the playoffs we were F'ed... The Spurs could have improved Eubanks' contract to the vet min and gone with him. Instead they brought in Motiejunas. This after taking a good long look at Eubanks with the main team - he was up for 23 games. The Spurs have never been shy about making a path for players they like. They didn't think he was good enough for garbage minutes 3 months ago. What makes you think this has changed?

look_at_g_shred
06-23-2019, 11:16 AM
MoSpur, any rumblings on players who are on the trade block?

ceperez
06-23-2019, 06:15 PM
I’ve a feeling either Forbes or Bertans will be dealt

There's absolutely no way that Forbes gets dealt after his performance in the last game against the Nuggets.

slick'81
06-23-2019, 06:21 PM
There's absolutely no way that Forbes gets dealt after his performance in the last game against the Nuggets.

Interesting to see if he starts or rots on the bench behind white,dj,mills etc

FireMicoHalili
06-23-2019, 09:52 PM
Just taking my cue from the fact the Spurs are loading up again on two-guards with a three-point shot (Weatherspoon, Kenny Williams). Bryn is on a contract year and he's bound to outplay his contract.

Bertans is currently seeking more playing time. Probably won't get it, and the arrival of Samanic won't help either.

TimDunkem
06-23-2019, 10:40 PM
Just taking my cue from the fact the Spurs are loading up again on two-guards with a three-point shot (Weatherspoon, Kenny Williams). Bryn is on a contract year and he's bound to outplay his contract.

Bertans is currently seeking more playing time. Probably won't get it, and the arrival of Samanic won't help either.

Weatherspoon and Williams are not making the team unless they look like stars.

ZeusWillJudge
06-23-2019, 10:43 PM
Good thread. Most of the FA talk around here doesn't even consider it.

The Spurs have an oversupply of G's. The problem is none of them except DDR have a big enough contract to offset the salary of a good player in a trade. The only guys who are expendable, and have enough salary to matter are Belli and Bertans. So if we see a trade, it pretty much has to be a 2-for-1 swap with Belli or Bertans + one of the young G's to sweeten the deal. That opens a roster spot to accomodate whoever they sign with the MLE.

If they don't make a 2-for-1 trade, they either have to stand pat or just dump somebody. Or stand pat.

FireMicoHalili
06-24-2019, 12:02 AM
Weatherspoon and Williams are not making the team unless they look like stars.
Stars where? Summer league? Preseason? Forbes didn't look like a star lmao and he still made the team. Not sure which team you've been watching the past few years